Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

He could have changed his clothes already, and Scott just hadn't.

Yeah exactly. That doesn't particularly look like something Jess would wear. Plus it looks like Kirk is in a shirt as well.

Maybe SP has done a 180 from the flannel shirts, has become Mr. GQ, and wears tuxedos every day.

Heh.  I can only take so much quirk.  Maybe Luke has joined a Downton Abbey fan club and insists on "dressing" for dinner every night.  Lorelai can borrow one of Trix's dresses!  

• Love 1

Has any other boyfriend given a interview? I think Rory will either be ending up with Jess or alone. I can't really see Logan as an option and Dean, well, he's Dean. I'm leaning heavily towards "alone", though. It's been done, but not by ASP.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
1 hour ago, cuddlingcrowley said:

Has any other boyfriend given a interview? I think Rory will either be ending up with Jess or alone. I can't really see Logan as an option and Dean, well, he's Dean. I'm leaning heavily towards "alone", though. It's been done, but not by ASP.

Not to Gilmore Guys. MV challenged the other two actors to give as good an interview as he did. 

20 hours ago, cuddlingcrowley said:

Has any other boyfriend given a interview?

MC has been pretty busy doing finale press for The Good Wife. They had their wrap party in NYC last night, and the main cast was on Colbert. He's taken a few GG questions, but the bulk has been about TGW. I imagine once the finale airs in a couple of weeks (and he moves back to LA), we'll hear about him doing more GG stuff.

• Love 2

Having recently discovered (and binge watched) Longmire, I have some hope for a Netflix production.  Longmire started on A&E and when it moved to Netflix there was a noticeable increase in the quality of the stories and production values. Fingers crossed this is true of our GG revival on Netflix.

(edited)

From everything we've heard, including how much Milo filmed and how much Matt (and Alan/Nick/Tanc) are filming *especially* for 'Fall', I'm suspecting a Rory/Logan endgame. 

Edited by stopthestatic
8 minutes ago, stopthestatic said:

From everything we've heard, including how much Milo filmed and how much Matt (and Alan/Nick/Tanc) are filming *especially* for 'Fall', I'm suspecting a Rory/Logan endgame. 

Tbh that would be the most realistic outcome. Thinking back to the show, they were together the longest and I genuinely believe neither of them really wanted to end it. So I can totally believe that if they met a few years later, they may reconnect and get back together.

1 hour ago, elang4 said:

Tbh that would be the most realistic outcome. Thinking back to the show, they were together the longest and I genuinely believe neither of them really wanted to end it. So I can totally believe that if they met a few years later, they may reconnect and get back together.

It also wouldn't be that hard to believe, many couples have done that. Known quite a few who did that and reunited a few years later and got married. I'm sure there are a lot of Team Jess out there, but if Logan and Rory end up together in the end. I won't find it that far fetched at all.

• Love 2

Speaking of Luke and Lorelai, Scott Patterson just posted this on Facebook: 

Hey Gang! Will be doing GILMORE GUYS PODCAST next Wednesday, May 12 at 7:30 so tune in for a big announcement! Can't wait to hang with Kevin and Demi again!

25 minutes ago, nolieblue said:

Speaking of Luke and Lorelai, Scott Patterson just posted this on Facebook: Hey Gang! Will be doing GILMORE GUYS PODCAST next Wednesday, May 12 at 7:30 so tune in for a big announcement! Can't wait to hang with Kevin and Demi again!

But the 12th is Thursday. And is it am or pm and what time zone?  Do they broadcast live? I thought they pre-recorded.

(edited)

But the 12th is Thursday. And is it am or pm and what time zone?  Do they broadcast live? I thought they pre-recorded.

7:30 PST. I think they do it live but I've only ever listened after the fact.

Edited by lulu1960
19 hours ago, stopthestatic said:

I don't agree. I can definitely see them hooking up to try to see if they could become a couple again, but they realize that they can't, so they part amicably. Rory will not end up with any of her former loves. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, stopthestatic said:

I think that's where it's headed too. Their ending was so abrupt, it felt unfinished. Even if they don't reunite, it will be interesting to know where their lives are now. I remember reading an article way back in season 5 where Amy Palladino teased whether Logan was a fling or the guy Rory would marry. At the time I didn't want to see that but after seeing the Logan/Rory relationship mature, I can see how it could go in that direction. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aloeonatable said:

I don't agree. I can definitely see them hooking up to try to see if they could become a couple again, but they realize that they can't, so they part amicably. Rory will not end up with any of her former loves. 

I dearly hope that all of Rory's exes are happily single or partnered off and have no lingering feelings for her. Rory being single or on the cusp of a new relationship with someone else would be great ways to end her story, but somehow I don't trust ASP to leave it at that.

I could deal with Rory and Logan reuniting. Of her relationships, I thought theirs' was the most mature and well-rounded. I wonder, has ASP ever expressed with ex was her favorite or at least implied which one is?

• Love 1
(edited)

Table for two! I'm rooting for Rory/Jess but I think that's most realistic scenario.

I'm not anti-Logan; I'm actually shocked at how much hate the guy gets. I suppose I could enjoy him being Rory's endgame but there will always be a part of me that will doubt whether she will be happy with him what with the past binge-drinking, cheating, self-destructive behavior... 

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
2 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I dearly hope that all of Rory's exes are happily single or partnered off and have no lingering feelings for her. Rory being single or on the cusp of a new relationship with someone else would be great ways to end her story, but somehow I don't trust ASP to leave it at that.

I could deal with Rory and Logan reuniting. Of her relationships, I thought theirs' was the most mature and well-rounded. I wonder, has ASP ever expressed with ex was her favorite or at least implied which one is?

I think they were more mature simply because they were a few years older than either of her previous relationships. I don't think ASP would express a preference. She seems to care about the actors as much as she does the characters, not that would necessarily translate to whom she would choose as end game for Rory.

On 5/5/2016 at 4:08 PM, readster said:

It also wouldn't be that hard to believe, many couples have done that. Known quite a few who did that and reunited a few years later and got married. I'm sure there are a lot of Team Jess out there, but if Logan and Rory end up together in the end. I won't find it that far fetched at all.

I've experienced this too, with my own parents. :) Married young, for almost ten years, divorced, and then remarried after another ten years. It stuck the second time. 

I've always felt that Rory's endgame partner would either be Logan or someone from "that world". Only because it's the world that Lorelai ran from & fought hard to keep her daughter away from. Lorelai chose to leave, whereas Rory chose to enter that world. I think Rory is someone that can have the best of both worlds. That was something that I always figured would happen from very early on in the series. 

With what they are saying about the LDB Dance Scene- and how someone saying that Matt & Alexis' Chemistry is amazing (unless they are all trolling) - and it looks as if the LDB Boys learned Tango as well- so my guess is so did Matt & Alexis- its entirely possible she does end up with Logan. I believe that scene is supposed to be in The Fall episode. So I can't imagine Rory doing a hot & sexy dance number with Logan and then ending up with Jess. But who the hell knows. I also have no problem with her ending up by herself, or with Jess. Even though I've always been a Logan girl myself. Haha. 

I just wish they would give us a teaser video. Just a scene or two. I don't think that is asking for much. Pictures are great. But video is EVEN BETTER. Haha. 

• Love 2

I've always felt that Rory's endgame partner would either be Logan or someone from "that world". Only because it's the world that Lorelai ran from & fought hard to keep her daughter away from. 

It's funny because one of the reasons I feel Rory might not end up with Logan is because Lorelai ran away from that world. And something I noticed as I've been skimming through the show on my latest rewatch is how often Lorelai is proven right by the narrative, especially as far as "that world" goes.

As far as the LBD and Logan/Rory spoilers go, there are some people on tumblr wondering whether we're in fact being trolled considering there's a severe "no spoiler" policy and we've heard next to nothing about Lorelai and Luke. Kinda odd Rory's endgame would get spoiled like that.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, cuddlingcrowley said:

It's funny because one of the reasons I feel Rory might not end up with Logan is because Lorelai ran away from that world. And something I noticed as I've been skimming through the show on my latest rewatch is how often Lorelai is proven right by the narrative, especially as far as "that world" goes.

As far as the LBD and Logan/Rory spoilers go, there are some people on tumblr wondering whether we're in fact being trolled considering there's a severe "no spoiler" policy and we've heard next to nothing about Lorelai and Luke. Kinda odd Rory's endgame would get spoiled like that.

Yeah you're right. Maybe they want us to think the wedding's for Rory but in fact it's for Luke and Lorelai? I never really thought about that. With the amount of secrecy surrounding it, I guess it is kind of weird Tanc's been allowed to tweet a lot about it.

• Love 1

So I can't imagine Rory doing a hot & sexy dance number with Logan and then ending up with Jess.

I personally can't picture someone as awkward as Rory dancing a tango, even with Logan, BUT I could easily seem them hooking up and trying to give it another go which might explain the "heated" spoiler. Hell, I might even enjoy that. It wouldn't take away from her ending up with Jess, for me.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

It's very true. Aside from the one picture of Luke and Lorelai in EW magazine there has been really no spoilers about them. 

I had said that earlier too.  Everything is about Rory and her love interests, the LADB and the musical. I hope it won't be disappointing for us LL shippers. It will be interesting to see what SP has to say on the podcast. Do you know how to listen to it live? 

(edited)

I'm sure that the 4 Episodes will encompass a lot since its basically like 9 regular episodes if it were being aired on The CW. There will be PLENTY of time focused on Lorelai & Luke.  I don't think we have anything to worry about. 

Edited because it's late and apparently I cannot do math late at night haha 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

I'm sure that the 9 hours that the 4 Episodes will encompass, there will be PLENTY of time focused on Lorelai & Luke.  I don't think we have anything to worry about. 

9h? It's 4x90 minutes episodes. I think that adds up to 6h.

And I personally don't see how they can focus on much of anything. There are like 100 characters battling for screentime. ASP better make sure more townies are in more than 1 episode. Freaking LaDB. Francie and Tristan (with new face) make it for the Chilton thing while Madeline and Louise get the shaft. The latter two were there longer but ASP couldn't even fit them in. I still don't get how that makes sense. At this point it looks to me like most of the characters will be there for a 'Hey, how are you doing? So where are you now in life? Ok bye.' scene. I'll pass on those. I want an actual story.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Smad said:

9h? It's 4x90 minutes episodes. I think that adds up to 6h.

And I personally don't see how they can focus on much of anything. There are like 100 characters battling for screentime. ASP better make sure more townies are in more than 1 episode. Freaking LaDB. Francie and Tristan (with new face) make it for the Chilton thing while Madeline and Louise get the shaft. The latter two were there longer but ASP couldn't even fit them in. I still don't get how that makes sense. At this point it looks to me like most of the characters will be there for a 'Hey, how are you doing? So where are you now in life? Ok bye.' scene. I'll pass on those. I want an actual story.

Sorry I meant 9 Episodes if it were on The CW. The 4- 90 minute episodes come out to 9 episodes, since each episode was about 40 mins long. I was just trying to convey that a lot can happen in all that time. 

I also think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions on what they think the show will entail. Photos being leaked about the musical or LDB, or articles being written about these things doesn't mean that all the episodes are about these things just that this is all we have and all they are giving us so people latch on. Also, the town was a character within the show, so them having a lot of the townies back isn't shocking. Also some of these other people either, if they are having a storyline about Rory trying to figure out her career and her visiting Chilton for some Career Day and they bring back other former alumni from the school to service that story what is the harm. I'm sure that ASP didn't decide to bring back the show just so we watch 4 episodes of every but the Gilmores. I'm sure all the people they brought back have a reason to be there. Whether for a funeral scene, or a party or whatever. 

I'm just so excited to have these episodes, I'll be savoring every last detail and moment while watching. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

At this point it looks to me like most of the characters will be there for a 'Hey, how are you doing? So where are you now in life? Ok bye.' scene. I'll pass on those. I want an actual story.

Ditto.  The LADB offered nothing of interest to me in the normal run;  I certainly don't want to waste a second of their useless lives in the revival.  I care way more about what's happening with Maury and Babette and Miss Patty than the drunken slobs.  And throwing in a musical?  Blech.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I also think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions on what they think the show will entail. Photos being leaked about the musical or LDB, or articles being written about these things doesn't mean that all the episodes are about these things just that this is all we have and all they are giving us so people latch on.

Of course the episodes won't be all about those things. But there are still almost 100 charcters confirmed for 4x90 minutes. Why is Jason coming back? Last I checked he got sued by Richard so it wouldn't even make sense to have him at the funeral. Why are Francie and Tristan there but not M&L? Tristan didn't even finish Chilton and is there anyone who actually wants so Francie back? All the Bunheads and Parenthood people that will pop up. Freaking LaDB for 2 episodes? I want a story about the lives of the Gilmores. I want to know how R/L and E/L has changed or not over the years since we last saw them. I want to see how Richard's death changes the family dynamic. And I want to see the town of Stars Hollow. I can understand Jess coming back if there is something up with Luke. But Dean? Not needed. Logan only makes sense if he either comes to Richard's funeral and him and Rory reconnect there or him and Rory are together when these new episodes come. But he doesn't need to come back with the LaDB just for hell of it. At this point for me I'm just asking myself why a lot of these characters are even there 8 years later. And to me it looks very much like 'how many can we bring back and cram into these episodes'.

25 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Ditto.  The LADB offered nothing of interest to me in the normal run;  I certainly don't want to waste a second of their useless lives in the revival.  I care way more about what's happening with Maury and Babette and Miss Patty than the drunken slobs.  And throwing in a musical?  Blech.

Right there with you. LaDB really had no baring on the lives of the Gilmores except Rory for a little while (and she wasn't even a member was she?) but more importantly they are all more related to Logan than anyone else. So why even bring them back? Well the musical seems to be more of an excuse to give her Bunheads actors something to work with. I'm all for a town festival or two but then make it a traditional SH one. Not something new.

• Love 7

The LDB actors may well be trolling, but I can easily imagine a scenario in which Logan and Rory have a really intense moving experience, but still don't end up with each other. An example would be that one is there for the other in a major crisis, which gets interpreted as they should be together, but it ultimately falls apart, probably over a trivial lack of communication, the standard ASP mechanism.

I'm even getting a little zen about the musical. First, it's supposed to be about SH, so our beloved characters will be involved, like Lorelai will be interacting with her fan girl from Bunheads. Second, a musical will involve a lot of the guest actors, so once it's over, we go back to our SH friends.

Even the notion of a musical about SH isn't out of the question. It reminds me of a snarkily funny fanfic in which Rory writes a tv show. 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11742039/1/Rory-Writes-a-TV-Show

• Love 1