Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I think they are filming Fall now based on the latest set pics so I'm going to bet on a wedding as part of the final episode.  And since the LADB who no one wanted are returning for the final two episodes, it looks like Rory and Logan are endgame.  Ugh.  

While I don't share your "ugh" feelings (I'd pick Logan of the 3), we don't know that this prop is for what's being filmed now--in fact I highly doubt it. The pickup date isn't until 3/18. For example the LDB props had a pickup date of 2/22, so they actually might not use these props for weeks. I don't think the Life and Death Brigade and the wedding have anything to do with each other. 

I would also love it if it were one of the LADB. How that would effect anyone outside Yale, though...who knows. Second choice would be Kirk and Lulu.

In my ideal revival world, though, of Rory's former men Logan is the one who's been married a while and might have children already, Jess is single or cohabiting, and Dean is that guy who's been divorced more than once and has a chip on his shoulder. I don't hate Dean, but it feels in character for him not to have learned as much about being a partner as he ought to have by his 30s. And Logan was the one ready to settle down by the end of season 7, so imo that feels appropriate.

Yeah but Rory is the love of his life and I don't think he'd marry anybody besides Rory.

Heh. It would be funny if Paris and Rory are talking with "Tristan" and when they ask him whether he's that Tristan, he's all "God, no! That guy was an asshole."

For what it's worth, this guy is credited as "Tristan" and not Tristin, the IMDB-approved spelling of CMM Tristan's name. Also, CMM is credited on IMDB for Gilmore Girls as "Tristin Dugray," and the boys whose last names are known are credited in the revival with their full names (Doyle McMaster, e.g.). Long story short, this probably isn't the same guy, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of meta joke about it, especially given the vague resemblance between the two actors.

Heh. It would be funny if Paris and Rory are talking with "Tristan" and when they ask him whether he's that Tristan, he's all "God, no! That guy was an asshole."

For what it's worth, this guy is credited as "Tristan" and not Tristin, the IMDB-approved spelling of CMM Tristan's name. Also, CMM is credited on IMDB for Gilmore Girls as "Tristin Dugray," and the boys whose last names are known are credited in the revival with their full names (Doyle McMaster, e.g.). Long story short, this probably isn't the same guy, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of meta joke about it, especially given the vague resemblance between the two actors.

Michael Winters was on the Gilmore guys podcast today and he gave a lot of interesting tidbits, I've updated my masterposts on reddit and tumblr, but here's the new info:

• Carole King is returning as Sophie
  • Headmaster Charleston is returning (he shot 1 day)
  • Mara Casey (the old GG casting director) has a small role
  • One of the 3 boyfriends ‘has an edge’ as of “Summer”
  • Jared Padelecki filmed for one day 
  • The Taylor/Luke rivalry is still going strong–but just in “Winter”
  • Taylor is in 3 episodes, “Winter”, “Spring” and “Summer” 
  • There will be 2 town meetings 
  • Michael Winters: “I have a big bunch (of scenes) in 'Summer’ where they do the ______ which I ______” 
  • Michael Winters: “I’m exactly where I was when I started” (as in Taylor hasn’t changed much) 
  • There is a string quartet at some point–in Stars Hollow, it would seem
  • Love 1

Michael Winters was on the Gilmore guys podcast today and he gave a lot of interesting tidbits, I've updated my masterposts on reddit and tumblr, but here's the new info:

• Carole King is returning as Sophie
  • Headmaster Charleston is returning (he shot 1 day)
  • Mara Casey (the old GG casting director) has a small role
  • One of the 3 boyfriends ‘has an edge’ as of “Summer”
  • Jared Padelecki filmed for one day 
  • The Taylor/Luke rivalry is still going strong–but just in “Winter”
  • Taylor is in 3 episodes, “Winter”, “Spring” and “Summer” 
  • There will be 2 town meetings 
  • Michael Winters: “I have a big bunch (of scenes) in 'Summer’ where they do the ______ which I ______” 
  • Michael Winters: “I’m exactly where I was when I started” (as in Taylor hasn’t changed much) 
  • There is a string quartet at some point–in Stars Hollow, it would seem

I heard this too. I wonder what the big event was that they bleeped out that he felt comfortable enough to say on the podcast.

I'm speculating, but Taylor officiating Kirk and Lulu's wedding?  That would be fun!

Took Kirk and Lulu 7 years to officially get married. Yeah, sounds like AS-P. People drag on the obvious things or never let things go.

Yeah, my guess is "they do the 'wedding' which I 'officiate'."

I don't necessarily want to see a Rory or Lorelai wedding, for reasons I don't have time to get into, but I don't really care to see a bunch of time eaten up by a townie wedding, either.  I have the extremely UO of not really giving a hang about any of the townies (sans Luke) as individuals.  They're fine as a group in the background, but I'm fine with none of them really getting "story".

Yeah, my guess is "they do the 'wedding' which I 'officiate'."

I don't necessarily want to see a Rory or Lorelai wedding, for reasons I don't have time to get into, but I don't really care to see a bunch of time eaten up by a townie wedding, either.  I have the extremely UO of not really giving a hang about any of the townies (sans Luke) as individuals.  They're fine as a group in the background, but I'm fine with none of them really getting "story".

This is why I think it'll be Kirk's wedding. I can see that being a whole town event that doesn't focus too much on Kirk himself.  I am glad there are going to be town meetings, but I don't want them to be big plot points.  A little townie goes a long way is my motto. 

No word on whether Rini Bell (Lulu) is coming back? Her Twitter account is protected.

I'm trying to figure out what those fancy props would have to do with Kirk and Lulu. They looked way too fancy for them...although I suppose you never know with Kirk. 

I hope they don't overload the quirk, although I have to admit that Liz and TJ's Ren Faire wedding was very amusing.

Michael Winters: “I have a big bunch (of scenes) in 'Summer’ where they do the ______ which I ______”

It sure sounds like Taylor officiates a wedding! (On the other hand, "they do the wedding" is somewhat odd phrasing.) That could be really cute, actually.

If it is Taylor officiating, that would rule out Lorelai or Rory, I think. 

Jared Padelecki filmed for one day

I thought it was longer. Poor JP had to go all the way to LA for just one day of filming. He's been nothing but lovely and gracious about the opportunity in his Facebook videos, but still, yikes.

The bigger spoiler in all of Michael Winters' comments is that there does appear to be some sort of race for Rory's heart, judging from his comment about one guy having the "edge" as of "Summer." That sounds like there is some triangle noise between Rory, Jess and Logan. Ugh. That is very depressing, if not exactly unexpected news.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Michael Winters: “I have a big bunch (of scenes) in 'Summer’ where they do the ______ which I ______”

Michael Winters: “I’m exactly where I was when I started” (as in Taylor hasn’t changed much)

It seems to me Taylor officiating weddings would be a change--we've never seen him do that before.  I thought he was talking about a festival he was running, which doesn't seem bleep-worthy, unless the name hints at a plot point.

Exactly Shron. My first instinct with MW's statement is not to jump to a wedding. There's a multitude of more likely words that could fill in those blanks:

"The FESTIVAL/TOWN MEETING which I RUN/ORGANISE/ATTEND/RUIN"

I think 'MURDER which I SOLVE' is as plausible given how little we know at this point.

• Love 1

Please Rory - stop it with Logan. WHY DO YOU LOVE HIM? WHY DID YOU EVER LOVE HIM?

A grown-up person would look back at her life and realize "hey, maybe this guy was attractive to me because he took nothing seriously and had money and was flirty" and then think better of it.

• Love 3

Please Rory - stop it with Logan. WHY DO YOU LOVE HIM? WHY DID YOU EVER LOVE HIM?

A grown-up person would look back at her life and realize "hey, maybe this guy was attractive to me because he took nothing seriously and had money and was flirty" and then think better of it.

And realise that's why you said no when he proposed and his reaction to end the relationship because of that no should tell you all you need to know about Logan ;)

You know, I hate to say it, but I really wish Taylor wasn't still being the usual "I can do this, because I can." I would have liked it if the character had grown some and didn't realize he had to control everything because he gets jealous of another town or sees a popular trend and feels he has to do it no matter what. Of course, if Kirk and Lulu are getting married now when they were buying a house and engaged when the show ended. I really want a good explanation why it took 7 years. Just like people are saying if Lorelai and Luke haven't gotten it together by now, then AS-P really is living in a time loop.

Edited by readster
  • Love 1

You know, I hate to say it, but I really wish Taylor wasn't still being the usual "I can do this, because I can." I would have liked it if the character had grown some and didn't realize he had to control everything because he gets jealous of another town or sees a popular trend and feels he has to do it no matter what. Of course, if Kirk and Lulu are getting married now when they were buying a house and engaged when the show ended. I really want a good explanation why it took 7 years. Just like people are saying if Lorelai and Luke haven't gotten it together by now, then AS-P really is living in a time loop.

I agree. It would be really depressing if everyone was still arrested in their emotional development: Luke and Lorelai still having problems, Emily and Lorelai still having issues in their relationship, Taylor still acting like a petty dictator, Logan and Jess still pining or even chasing after Rory, the LADB still acting like immature jackasses, etc. And yet, that seems to be where things are going, given the information we currently have.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

I agree. It would be really depressing if everyone was still arrested in their emotional development: Luke and Lorelai still having problems, Emily and Lorelai still having issues in their relationship, Taylor still acting like a petty dictator, Logan and Jess still pining or even chasing after Rory, the LADB still acting like immature jackasses, etc. And yet, that seems to be where things are going, given the information we currently have.

I have no problem with character traits, because that's who the person is, just like someone is in real life. However, as reported and from early interviews and social media. It is sounding like a lot of these character are still stuck where they were when the series ended. I'm sure Kirk is still working his 1,000 jobs still, Lulu probably still a regular elementary teacher, hasn't gotten a masters to stay certified or become a principal. Luke has changed his sign to encompass the latest trends and smart devices that he still hates to this day (even though I still like that his character). I'm pretty sure Mrs. Kim is yelling at people to buy something or get out!  If both Lane and Zach are still working on captured gigs instead of stabled careers by now, I'm probably going to flip. Characters can progress, just because the show ended and AS-P wasn't in charge doesn't mean that time didn't move forward, even if they are telling us it did with examples of Luke's sign, Ms. Patty possibly retiring, the twins aging, Richard dying, April in college, ect. Yet, after over 7 years, Luke and Lorelai aren't married, Kirk and Lulu are just getting married, the LADB are still being a bunch of Peter Pan assholes and Taylor is still running the town like a mini dictator. 

Kirk and Lulu were buying a house and engaged by the end of the show? I remember Kirk wanted to break up with Lulu for some stupid reason and Luke threatened to beat some sense into him if he did, but that's all I recall about their relationship from that season. Sorry, S7 is not really in my rewatch/background noise rotation.

There's a part in the podcast where Michael says "____ is gonna be on. We shoot with ____ next week."

Who do we think this is about?

He said "we" so it must be someone he at least shares scenes with/a Stars Hollow character.

From a fan who went to Jared's meet and greet at VegasCon: "[Jared] was asked about his recent shooting for Gilmore Girls, and I don’t remember the town he specified because I never watched the show, but from what I gathered from his comments about the new footage, Dean isn’t living in the same place anymore and he ends up running into an old friend."

I'm gonna assume he runs into Rory.

From a fan who went to Jared's meet and greet at VegasCon: "[Jared] was asked about his recent shooting for Gilmore Girls, and I don’t remember the town he specified because I never watched the show, but from what I gathered from his comments about the new footage, Dean isn’t living in the same place anymore and he ends up running into an old friend."

I'm gonna assume he runs into Rory.

So Dean isn't in Stars Hollow anymore? Good for him.

• Love 8

So Dean isn't in Stars Hollow anymore? Good for him.

I know! That makes me so happy! Them bringing him back to be all "poor sad Dean never went anywhere or did anything" would have been so awful. I was glad to hear this.

• Love 3

I know! That makes me so happy! Them bringing him back to be all "poor sad Dean never went anywhere or did anything" would have been so awful. I was glad to hear this.

I'm happy to read that too. I'm sure he's in town visiting the family or something and then runs into Rory. They have quick update on things and then Dean does moves on and as we know, we don't see him for the rest of the episodes. Since Jared said he only did one day of shooting and is only in the first episode. I'm thinking at the most, Dean is probably only in 10 minutes of Winter and he might also be there for the Winter Festival. 

Edited by readster
  • Love 2

I'm very glad that Dean got out of SH. It makes the most sense, really; he only lived in SH a few years and had no reason to stay after the affair and his divorce. Maybe ASP will go back to his big city roots and forget that dumb hick persona that was foisted on him. Here's hoping he got himself a decent trade /career and is doing extremely well(maybe better then Rory?). Would be the best new ending for him.

• Love 2

I'm very glad that Dean got out of SH. It makes the most sense, really; he only lived in SH a few years and had no reason to stay after the affair and his divorce. Maybe ASP will go back to his big city roots and forget that dumb hick persona that was foisted on him. Here's hoping he got himself a decent trade /career and is doing extremely well(maybe better then Rory?). Would be the best new ending for him.

I could see Dean owning his own renovation business since he was great at building and only was working in construction because he was forced into it by Lindsey and then had no where else to go after his divorce since he dropped out of school as a result. I be happy to find out that after a year or so, he finally went: "This is my own damn fault, I made some stupid decisions because I was a kid. Time to get my life in order." Most likely Lindsey remarried, he didn't have to pay alimony as a result and went back to school, took out some student loans and got things together. Wouldn't be that hard to write the scene. Rory could even say: "I haven't seen or heard from you since I graduated from Yale." Dean: "Yeah, well, had some tough days ahead, I was mad at everyone, but I realized it was my own fault and it was up to me to get things in order, so I did." "Went back to school, I have a family of my own now, and things are good." Rory: "I'm so happy to hear that." End scene.

Edited by readster
  • Love 3

I'm happy Dean got out as well.  I would think after the public ugliness with Rory and Lindsey that it would have been uncomfortable to stay in such a small town, especially considering that the townies seem to revere Lorelai and Rory as the town Queen and Princess.

My guess is that "Winter" will start off with some kind of celebration of Richard's life, whether it be an actual memorial service, building dedication, whatever.  I think that's the reason Rory comes home, and the reason for everyone else to circle back around.  So I see Dean extending his condolences, the two of them having a quick catch-up, and moving on.  I think it's a good opportunity for a lot of the characters to give us an "elevator speech" about what they've been up to for the past eight years, without it seeming awkward.  I can imagine most of the main-ish characters will be in "Winter" very briefly to tell us "where are they now", but then the bulk of the episode will be spent on Emily/Lorelai/Rory and how they deal with Richard's death, and some kind of story to explain why Rory sticks around.  And then in the other three episodes more of the story will branch out to the other characters.

My speculation is that's the reason behind MV's two/more-than-two episodes comments.  I think he'll be in Winter momentarily to say, "sorry about your granddad," but doesn't get any actual story and very few lines.  And then something else happens to bring Jess back to SH in a later episode.

It would be interesting to me if, instead of the obvious "building at Yale" route, it turns out Richard has left a large sum to build something in SH, as kind of a thank you to the town for supporting Rory.  Or maybe an endowment at Chilton, and that's why they go back there?

• Love 2

It would be interesting to me if, instead of the obvious "building at Yale" route, it turns out Richard has left a large sum to build something in SH, as kind of a thank you to the town for supporting Rory.  Or maybe an endowment at Chilton, and that's why they go back there?

That's actually the best speculation and way to bring in all these characters from the Headmaster at Chilton, to the LADB. I can see both a memorial/dedication and a passing by of everyone and keeping the story strictly on Emily, Lorelai and Rory. Yet, we get the: "Where are they now" stories and then move onto where the main cast end up by the time we get to Fall. I'm seeing that Richard died in late fall/early winter and hence Winter being the aftermath, but not the funeral.  That way when Spring starts we have everything set up in the previous episode and then moves to the conclusion in Fall. Where in AS-P's exact words: "It will come to an end with a beautiful golden setting and life moving on." Much like the song by Cole that the episode titles are based on. 

My guess is that "Winter" will start off with some kind of celebration of Richard's life, whether it be an actual memorial service, building dedication, whatever.  I think that's the reason Rory comes home, and the reason for everyone else to circle back around.  

My speculation is that's the reason behind MV's two/more-than-two episodes comments.  I think he'll be in Winter momentarily to say, "sorry about your granddad," but doesn't get any actual story and very few lines.  And then something else happens to bring Jess back to SH in a later episode.

I remember a large portrait of Richard being spotted as one of the props, for what it's worth.

I agree that MV's "half" appearance is likely to be early on in the revival. A cameo at the building dedication or what have you could work.

I'm seeing that Richard died in late fall/early winter and hence Winter being the aftermath, but not the funeral.  That way when Spring starts we have everything set up in the previous episode and then moves to the conclusion in Fall. Where in AS-P's exact words: "It will come to an end with a beautiful golden setting and life moving on." Much like the song by Cole that the episode titles are based on. 

I thought I saw somewhere that by "Winter," four months will have passed since Richard's death. Not sure where I got that from, though.

Edited by Eyes High

I remember a large portrait of Richard being spotted as one of the props, for what it's worth.

I agree that MV's "half" appearance is likely to be early on in the revival. A cameo at the building dedication or what have you could work.

I thought I saw somewhere that by "Winter," four months will have passed since Richard's death. Not sure where I got that from, though.

I remember reading that too, then my best guest is that Richard died in early fall and even makes more sense with AS-P talk about why Fall is the conclusion to the revival. It would be a year since Richard died and how everyone has moved on since then.

Looks like Bailey de Young (Ginny from Bunheads) will be playing "Heidi." No clue who "Heidi" is; there's no mention of a Heidi in the casting notes earlier in the thread. However, the proof, a selfie of Mike Gandolfi (Andrew) with Bailey de Young in costume on set (at what appears to be a Stars Hollow town meeting), probably for "Spring" or "Summer" judging from Bailey's sleeveless shirt and shorts, appears to have been deleted from Instagram. The Twitter account "Gilmoregirlss" retweeting the Instagram post has since been suspended. Drama!

We know that someone named "Bailey" is playing a character named "Heidi" because Jackie Hoffman, who gives precisely no fucks about spoilers as far as I can tell, tweeted a photo of the trailer to which pieces of tape had been affixed with the actor's first name and the role they were playing "Keiko [Agena]/Lane," e.g. There was a "Bailey/Heidi" and a "Kerry/Claudia" label as well. So it was already known that a woman named Bailey would be playing Heidi. The Bunheads connection makes a lot of sense, given that ASP reuses actors and that Sutton Foster is crossing over as well.

I'm not quite sure what was so offensive about this selfie, since other actors have been posting selfies taken on set on social media. Is there something spoilerific about "Heidi"? Bailey's 26, for whatever that's worth. The picture showed a young man with dirty blonde hair at the podium (not sure if it's Logan or not). Was that the spoilery part?

"Kerry" pulls up way too many IMDB results to narrow it down to a possible actress, unless there's some sort of previous involvement with an ASP project.

Edited by Eyes High

If anyone want to see the removed photo, here is a screenshot (I don't think that's Logan in the background, just based on wardrobe. But who knows).

There have been a few minor/one episode roles cast lately, including Eric Henry as 'Nat Compton’ in “Summer”, Sam Pancake as 'Donald’ in “Summer”, and Sasha Pasternak as 'Molly’ in “Fall”.

Gregg Henry has also been confirmed via The Hollywood Reporter. 

As always, I've updated my masterpost with sources here

Edited by brightside

If anyone want to see the removed photo, here is a screenshot (I don't think that's Logan in the background, just based on wardrobe. But who knows).

There have been a few minor/one episode roles cast lately, including Eric Henry as 'Nat Compton’ in “Summer”, Sam Pancake as 'Donald’ in “Summer”, and Sasha Pasternak as 'Molly’ in “Fall”.

I don't think it's Logan, either, although I'm at a loss as to who it might be.

Nat Compton was the character in "Summer" described as follows in the casting note:

NAT COMPTON. Male, the most miserable-looking 38-year-old you'll ever see, his clothes are thrown on, his hair's a mess, he's pale as hell, and he never smiles. Supporting role. (Will appear in miniseries part 3.)

No mention of Donald, Molly or Heidi in the leaked casting notes. Sasha Pasternak ("Molly") graduated with a BFA in 2011, so I'm going to guess the actress is 26 or 27, the approximate age of Bailey de Young, assuming she is playing Heidi.

Edited by Eyes High

I don't think it's Logan, either, although I'm at a loss as to who it might be.

Most of the other seats look empty, and they were obviously taking pictures, so they're not filming. Chances are it's a crew member or something.

As reported recently on Gilmorenews.com, Jared Padalecki when answering fan questions stated that he would be in the last of the revival episodes ("Fall"). He only knows what happens in his scene, since he didn't think Dean would be aware of what was going on around him.

Jared only filmed for one day and that day they were filming Fall (they either were filming out of order or filmed his scene/scenes out of order). As of right now he's only going to be in the one episode.

Also, Supernatural films until the end of April and Jared and Jensen have already signed on for 13 (as long as the network renews it), so it doesn't look like 12 will be the last season.

Stacey Oristano is in "Fall" and posted a photo of her script. Forum user brightside did some magic with the image on Tumblr--the same magic that was done with Milo Ventimiglia's GG script--and uncovered the first page of the cast list! The names are a little too tricky for me make out--although I can say that it seems that there are a heck of a lot of TBAs (or TBDs?) in the supporting cast--but brightside sussed out that the last three actor names listed in the main cast section appear to be MC, MV, and JP.

Edited by Eyes High

Drag back every single person that ever appeared (except the ones that, in my mind, are most important - Sookie for example), throw in a bunch of new ones and this is looking more and more like a free-for-all load of gibberish. The more I hear, the less inclined  I am to watch at a;;.

• Love 4

Drag back every single person that ever appeared (except the ones that, in my mind, are most important - Sookie for example), throw in a bunch of new ones and this is looking more and more like a free-for-all load of gibberish. The more I hear, the less inclined  I am to watch at a;;.

My thoughts exactly!

• Love 1

I'll definitely watch it, but I'm no longer really looking forward to it.  Which was also my initial reaction - then I got excited and now I'm unexcited. 

Jason's back?? Wow did not even consider him a possibility or necessity to return

Well sure. And with all the talk of a wedding, it is probably Jason and Emily. She always had a thing for insurance men.

Edited by dustylil