Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Personally, I'd rank him as the LEAST likely to end up with Rory. She hasn't even had any contact with him since they were 16 years old, and even then they weren't exactly huge parts of each other's lives. My guess is that he'll just make a very quick appearance, but who knows?!

Well I have a real life story for you: when my uncle was in high school, he always had a crush on my aunt. She was way out of his league- valedictorian, cheer captain, homecoming queen, basically the works. Alas, they never went out. So years go by and both my aunt and uncle dated several people (my aunt even got married and divorced in that time). Fast-forward to their 10 year highschool class reunion: it turns out my aunt had a crush on my uncle but never had the courage to say anything, and they reconnected and fell in love and the rest is history.

I just think it's a little weird to end up with your step-cousin.

I've seen my family tree and that's all I have to say about that.  Marrying a step-cousin is not all that twisted, especially if you didn't grow up together as cousins.  Assuming Luke and Lorelai did get married, that didn't happen until Jess and Rory were adults and had already dated each other first.

• Love 1

I've seen my family tree and that's all I have to say about that.  Marrying a step-cousin is not all that twisted, especially if you didn't grow up together as cousins.  Assuming Luke and Lorelai did get married, that didn't happen until Jess and Rory were adults and had already dated each other first.

I'm not a fan of Rory/Jess at all but I tend to agree. If they're not together (and I don't think they will be) it won't be because of the family connection. It's certainly weird, but I think in this case it's weirder on paper than it is in practice. 

• Love 1
What's this about a ghostly bf?

Further up the thread someone suggested  the idea of a Dicken's A Christmas Carol scenario where Rory is visited by each of he old boyfriends who show her what her life would be if she'd chosen them.

If that is really supposed to be Chilton Tristan, I'm surprised they couldn't get CMM back. Is he really that busy? I guess it would be fitting for ASP to have Tristan recast, though I wonder if the Tristan thing is just to confuse fans. The guy looks a little beefy to pass as the pretty boy Tristan I remember.

I have to agree, Agent Carter was done months ago and he had another movie coming out that was way done filming. I don't see why they couldn't get him if this actor is suppose to be "that" Tristian. 

• Love 1

I have to agree, Agent Carter was done months ago and he had another movie coming out that was way done filming. I don't see why they couldn't get him if this actor is suppose to be "that" Tristian.

The simplest explanation is that he refused. 

I realize that sounds glib, but if the character is appearing in the reboot, if it's that Tristan, if CMM is not playing that Tristan, and if CMM was no more unavailable than any of the other legions of actors taking time out from their busy schedules to appear, then I'm guessing he refused.

Failing that , it could be a MM-type situation where CMM was never asked in the first place due to bad blood or no one wanting him back or something. Still, ASP appears to have written in a part for Tristan (assuming it's that Tristan), so it seems strange to do that if she didn't at one point intend CMM to be a part of the revival. I'm guessing she wrote a part and then CMM unexpectedly declined, requiring the recast.

Edited by Eyes High

I can't believe we may have a minor character like Tristan in the reboot.  Rory was 16 last time she saw or heard from him!

Please be a different Tristan.

I can't believe we may have a minor character like Tristan in the reboot.  Rory was 16 last time she saw or heard from him!

Please be a different Tristan.

I agree with this, I mean he was such a minor throw away. Even though AS-P said it was her pre-Jess with the bad boy attitude. Sometimes I wonder if this revival isn't a way for AS-P to play out storylines she feels she missed out on in a very backwards sense. Now, if it a completely different Tristian and Rory goes: "Funny, I used to know a Tristian, wonder what happened to him?" That be a nod to CMM Tristian and then move on with it.

• Love 1

Maybe Paris and Rory are at Chilton and flirting with a cute Chilton dad. He's rich and blonde and sort of charming. Then he introduces himself as "Tristan" and they just look at each other and walk away.

Heh. It would be funny if Paris and Rory are talking with "Tristan" and when they ask him whether he's that Tristan, he's all "God, no! That guy was an asshole."

For what it's worth, this guy is credited as "Tristan" and not Tristin, the IMDB-approved spelling of CMM Tristan's name. Also, CMM is credited on IMDB for Gilmore Girls as "Tristin Dugray," and the boys whose last names are known are credited in the revival with their full names (Doyle McMaster, e.g.). Long story short, this probably isn't the same guy, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of meta joke about it, especially given the vague resemblance between the two actors.

• Love 1

Heh. It would be funny if Paris and Rory are talking with "Tristan" and when they ask him whether he's that Tristan, he's all "God, no! That guy was an asshole."

For what it's worth, this guy is credited as "Tristan" and not Tristin, the IMDB-approved spelling of CMM Tristan's name. Also, CMM is credited on IMDB for Gilmore Girls as "Tristin Dugray," and the boys whose last names are known are credited in the revival with their full names (Doyle McMaster, e.g.). Long story short, this probably isn't the same guy, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of meta joke about it, especially given the vague resemblance between the two actors.

Thank you for logic to help back up my "they definitely wouldn't bother recasting that part" hopes. 

• Love 2

Milo on Periscope: “I’ll be back for 2 out of the 4 90-minute mini-movies” and then when asked if he was in 2 or 3 episodes he gave his previous “More than 2, less than 4” answer. Intrigue.

Edited by brightside

Milo on Periscope: “I’ll be back for 2 out of the 4 90-minute mini-movies” and then when asked if he was in 2 or 3 episodes he gave his previous “More than 2, less than 4” answer. Intrigue.

Intrigue, or dyscalculia? Two is not "more than two."

That's entirely possible.

Yeah, I sorta thought the "more than 2, less than 4" answer he gave to TVLine was odd to begin with. Why not just say 3? I think it's more like 2 episodes, and then he shows up in another. 

• Love 1

When and where was this confirmed?

It wasn't which is why they said "maybe"......

Maybe he's in a third but it's just a voice role? Like he leaves Rory a voicemail or something before he returns? Just throwing out ideas...

The fact that Jess is in less than we thought and that Logan is in Fall with Rory at the LDB event makes me feel like Logan really could be endgame...

• Love 1

Allegedly this actor has been cast as a character named "Tristan"...

CdFAuesVAAEyFdr.jpg

Did they recast CMM? Is Tristan gonna be in the Chilton scenes? He does look like CMM a bit...

When was this confirmed? Like do you have a source/article?

Someone completely new named Tristan. Or it could be Tristan from Chilton. Because there are no more people on earth named Tristan. No one knows who this guy is or if he's a recast. If he is Tristan because CMM couldn't do it good for him.

Well I doubt that they would reuse a name except when naming someone after another character (like how Lorelai is named after her grandmother and Rory is named after Lorelai- and even then they all go by different names/nicknames).

He was listed on IMDB with his character name as Tristan.

They're casting a lot of smaller roles right now.

since they recasted him, I think he's going to be more important than just a minor character bc why go to all the trouble of finding someone knew if it's just a minor character?

since they recasted him, I think he's going to be more important than just a minor character bc why go to all the trouble of finding someone knew if it's just a minor character?

We don't know yet if it's the Chad Michael Murray character though. It could just be a name coincidence. 

Wow...biggest spoiler yet?

I'll be disappointed if it's Luke and Lorelai. Have them be married already, please. Has anyone spotted a wedding band on Lauren's finger in any of the pics from the set?

Could be a minor character. Kirk and Lulu? 

Probably a good bet, but my money is on not one of the girls. No idea why.

I agree, actually. I think a wedding for one of the girls would risk eating the show and taking the focus away from the relationship between the two girls. I think this was also discussed upthread and it was pointed out that Rory would have to go from single to married in the space of a year, which is a pretty tight timeline.

However, if it's not the girls, then who? It would be interesting if it was a wedding between one of Rory's exes and their girlfriends.

Hmm..aren't they shooting the "Fall" exterior SH shots right about now? Does that mean anything for the timing of the wedding shoot?

I'll be disappointed if it's Luke and Lorelai. Have them be married already, please. Has anyone spotted a wedding band on Lauren's finger in any of the pics from the set?

LG has hidden her ring finger in all the selfies and on-set pics.

Edited by Eyes High

Wow...biggest spoiler yet?

Could be a minor character. Kirk and Lulu? 

I agree on Luke and Lorelai. It's been 10 years. Get it together. Lauren's left hand hasn't been visible in any pictures...which I imagine they would do no matter her marital status. Don't want that spoiler out there. 

I'm betting on a minor character, honestly. Maybe one of the LDB guys? Or Paris and Doyle if they aren't already married?

However, if it's not the girls, then who? It would be interesting if it was a wedding between one of Rory's exes and their girlfriends.

True story, I'd be all about a Jess wedding to someone else. I think that'd be great (for him and as a storyline).

Edited by brightside
  • Love 3

I actually think the wedding is Luke and Lorelai's. I just feel like ASP wants to write their wedding scene. I doubt she would be okay leaving it as some offscreen event that happened after the events of the series finale (which she probably refused to watch). Maybe they'll explain it by saying that they were engaged for a long time but put things on hold when Richard got sick.

I agree on Luke and Lorelai. It's been 10 years. Get it together. Lauren's left hand hasn't been visible in any pictures...which I imagine they would do no matter her marital status. Don't want that spoiler out there. 

I'm betting on a minor character, honestly. Maybe one of the LDB guys? Or Paris and Doyle if they aren't already married?

True story, I'd be all about a Jess wedding to someone else. I think that'd be great (for him and as a storyline).

If Luke and Lorelai still aren't married after what I assume will be eight years together, ASP had better have a satisfactory explanation for it.

I'd love a Jess/Not-Rory wedding. It could be really sweet.

• Love 1

If Luke and Lorelai still aren't married after what I assume will be eight years together, ASP had better have a satisfactory explanation for it.

I could see Luke and Lorelai living together, even having a kid and not getting married so that they could have the wedding for the revival.

Maybe the weird looking prop is a wedding gift they mock from cousin, Marilyn (I think that's her name).

I would also love it if it were one of the LADB. How that would effect anyone outside Yale, though...who knows. Second choice would be Kirk and Lulu.

In my ideal revival world, though, of Rory's former men Logan is the one who's been married a while and might have children already, Jess is single or cohabiting, and Dean is that guy who's been divorced more than once and has a chip on his shoulder. I don't hate Dean, but it feels in character for him not to have learned as much about being a partner as he ought to have by his 30s. And Logan was the one ready to settle down by the end of season 7, so imo that feels appropriate. 

• Love 1

I actually think the wedding is Luke and Lorelai's. I just feel like ASP wants to write their wedding scene. I doubt she would be okay leaving it as some offscreen event that happened after the events of the series finale (which she probably refused to watch). Maybe they'll explain it by saying that they were engaged for a long time but put things on hold when Richard got sick.

ASP couldn't/wouldn't even hardly write them kissing, even less so any romantic situation like a wedding. The last thing in the world I want is for the Palladino team to attempt a romantic wedding for Luke and Lorelai.

• Love 1

ASP couldn't/wouldn't even hardly write them kissing, even less so any romantic situation like a wedding. The last thing in the world I want is for the Palladino team to attempt a romantic wedding for Luke and Lorelai.

I guess it's not so much that I think she personally wants to write a big romantic wedding for the couple. It's just that lots fans have been wanting to see the Luke and Lorelai wedding for a long time. Plus I feel like ASP might be a little territorial and wants to make sure she gets to write all the big moments, rather than leaving them as an imagined but logical follow-up to season seven (which she seems very bitter about). Maybe I'm wrong, but if nothing else, I feel like there's a good chance of a Luke and Lorelai wedding happening just to please the fans.

I think they are filming Fall now based on the latest set pics so I'm going to bet on a wedding as part of the final episode.  And since the LADB who no one wanted are returning for the final two episodes, it looks like Rory and Logan are endgame.  Ugh.