Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Well it seems fans Gilmore Girls are lurking everywhere in Hollywood. Cancel Mike and Molly, the Good Wife for no good reason. I am pretty sure St. Peter is busy explaining that heaven is a lot like Hotel California you can't leave even for a Gilmore Girls reunion.

So, Rory heads back to SH for Richard's funeral, and in SH she encounters Jess and Dean. Does Rory frequently return to SH to visit Lorelai, and does she occasionally run into Dean? Or are we to see their 1st meeting in 10 years, or however long it's been? If Luke and Lorelai are married, does she sometimes see Jess at family gatherings? Or, again, do we see their big reunion scene?

Then onto a Yale alumni reunion, where she meets up with Logan and crew -- and maybe Paris as well. Have Rory and Paris maintained their friendship, do they still see each other, or have they lost touch?

The more emotionally dramatic arc would be for Rory to be in the viewers shoes, nostalgically revisiting these places and people that she, like we, haven't seen or spoken to in years. But how realistic would that be in the age of Facebook, where we get to see our classmates grow older, get promotions, have children? Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

• Love 2

Was it ever confirmed on the show if Richard was a member of the L&DB when he was at Yale? Maybe there's a tradition of doing something when a former member dies, and that's where we run into Logan.

Personally, I'm excited. I loved YJIJJ. When I heard that ASP had a story with one of the younger guys that was too expensive, that's where my mind went.

• Love 1

So, Rory heads back to SH for Richard's funeral, and in SH she encounters Jess and Dean. Does Rory frequently return to SH to visit Lorelai, and does she occasionally run into Dean? Or are we to see their 1st meeting in 10 years, or however long it's been? If Luke and Lorelai are married, does she sometimes see Jess at family gatherings? Or, again, do we see their big reunion scene?

Then onto a Yale alumni reunion, where she meets up with Logan and crew -- and maybe Paris as well. Have Rory and Paris maintained their friendship, do they still see each other, or have they lost touch?

The more emotionally dramatic arc would be for Rory to be in the viewers shoes, nostalgically revisiting these places and people that she, like we, haven't seen or spoken to in years. But how realistic would that be in the age of Facebook, where we get to see our classmates grow older, get promotions, have children? Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

The kids Tim and Gabriela and their nanny Clementina make an appearance in Episode 2. Assuming that the kids are Paris and Doyle's, it does sound as if Rory meets up with Paris during a trip away from SH.

I'm not surprised to learn that the LADB is involved. Given that Finn is in the revival and is unlikely to travel to SH anytime soon, it points to some sort of encounter between Rory and Logan, likely in relation to Yale as you suggest. Alumni reunion sounds about right. The real question is whether Rory will have some sort of ongoing relationship with Logan past this LADB runin.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Right, the funeral itself wouldn't be in Stars Hollow, but assuming Rory has been living in some other part of the country, Richard's death would be the occasion for her return to SH. It would make more sense story-wise if she would be living with Lorelai in SH, and not with Emily in Hartford.

You may be right, clack. But at age thirty, one would hope she would be able to be of practical help and emotional support to her grandmother - and could be based in Hartford. You know, be a grown up.

Perhaps Rory will be the one coordinating Yale-related activities and individuals.

Was it ever confirmed on the show if Richard was a member of the L&DB when he was at Yale? Maybe there's a tradition of doing something when a former member dies, and that's where we run into Logan.

I don't remember anyone suggesting Richard was a member, or Richard himself offering any suggestion that he was in the club.    

But at age thirty, one would hope she would be able to be of practical help and emotional support to her grandmother - and could be based in Hartford. You know, be a grown up.

Doesn't Emily already have a fully capable daughter who lives nearby?  I'm not sure why Rory would be expected to fill what should be Lorelai's role.                       

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 1

I don't remember anyone suggesting Richard was a member, or Richard himself offering any suggestion that he was in the club.

I remember back when the show was on the air, that this storyline was spoiled and then apparently scrapped. Since this LBD spoiler came out I've been trying to remember if it was season 6 (meaning it was a scrapped ASP storyline she might want to revisit in some way) or season 7 story. I think it was season 7 though. 

The IMDB pages for the Gilmore Girls revival episodes have been edited. It's hard to tell if they're legit at this point, since just about anyone can go in and make those changes (and in a series with a significant fandom, fans merrily rewriting the IMDB pages of future episodes to fit their preferences is definitely a thing). The only thing that really jumps out at me is MV being credited for the first three episodes but not the fourth. As I said, grain of salt and all that.

• Love 2

I saw that, too, Eyes High.  Not sure how accurate it is, because it shows Liza Weil only credited for one episode, and I think it's been confirmed she's in two?  And Tanc Sade (Finn) is in two, but Matt Czuchry is only in one, and a different one at that, which I guess is possible, but...

I saw that, too, Eyes High.  Not sure how accurate it is, because it shows Liza Weil only credited for one episode, and I think it's been confirmed she's in two?  And Tanc Sade (Finn) is in two, but Matt Czuchry is only in one, and a different one at that, which I guess is possible, but...

I was just talking about this with some friends and my theory is that if someone is listed as one episode, it's probably wrong/inaccurate. Yeah, imdb can be updated by anyone, but it’s not unusual for agents/managers/actors themselves to do it (for smaller/lesser known actors especially). So I bet anyone listed as 1 episode is listed as such because we know they’re in the revival and a fan or someone at imdb updated–it just doesn’t have the full or accurate info as to the specifics yet. Literally everyone listed as 1 episode is listed for "Winter".

Like, Logan is listed as one episode and it’s “Winter”. Finn is listed for 2 and they’re “Summer” and “Fall”. Gonna bet Matt’s is off. Liza is listed as 1 episode when we know she's in two. Not to say that everyone who is listed as more than 1 episode is correct, I just think it's more likely they're correct than those listed as 1 episode. Also to back up the idea that Tanc Slade’s listing is correct, the show has a stunt coordinator for 2 episodes, which just happen to be “Summer” and “Fall”. Life and Death Brigade stunts, perhaps?

I'm excited for this. I enjoyed Logan with his friends. 

We have Logan and Finn confirmed. Has Alan Loayza (Colin) been said to be returning?

No official confirmation but the actor who plays Finn did tweet this.

• Love 2

Chilton as a location for at least one of the new episodes is interesting. Unless it is just Rory on a nostalgic visit, I can't think of any other member of the regular cast with a reason to be there. (Don't think they would devote a subplot to Max).

Maybe Jesse is the new Max -- the hip young English teacher?

Edited by clack
  • Love 1

How old would April be?  Could she be attending/graduating?

She was 13 when the series ended, going on 14. April would be in her early 20s by now. They can't backslide that, with the original actress returning in the role.

Thanks, readster and stopthestatic.  I'm horrible at guessing kids' ages, and I've tried to forget everything I ever knew about April.

• Love 1

How old would April be?  Could she be attending/graduating?

She was 13 when the series ended, going on 14. April would be in her early 20s by now. They can't backslide that, with the original actress returning in the role.

• Love 1
It'll have been 12-13 years since her graduation so I don't think it'll be a class reunion? Maybe Rory goes back to deliver a speech or do a talk for the current students?

Oh god, now I have this fear it's for a panel of the most wildly successful Chilton graduates EVER :) I love Rory, but I would love to see some realistic professional struggles and conflict for her. Maybe even the career change that I always wanted for her...I'd certainly rather see her fretting over THAT than the same guy-related issues we've already seen! 

• Love 4

Oh god, now I have this fear it's for a panel of the most wildly successful Chilton graduates EVER :) I love Rory, but I would love to see some realistic professional struggles and conflict for her. Maybe even the career change that I always wanted for her...I'd certainly rather see her fretting over THAT than the same guy-related issues we've already seen! 

You know, that would make complete sense. The school I used to work for had alums who had amazing careers post graduation come speak to the current graduating class. In fact, they had been gone a good 8-20 years before coming to speak at the school. I could so see Chilton doing this with Rory and even trying to score some alum donations in the process. It also could be the headmaster retiring and Rory comes to party too along with Paris.

• Love 1

Also to back up the idea that Tanc Slade’s listing is correct, the show has a stunt coordinator for 2 episodes, which just happen to be “Summer” and “Fall”. Life and Death Brigade stunts, perhaps?

Good catch. This sounds about right.

Assuming the IMDB listing of Matt Czuchry only being in "Winter" is wrong, maybe Matt Czuchry's episodes match Tanc Sade's; where Finn goes, Logan is unlikely to be far behind.

• Love 1

This sounds unfortunately probable. Or maybe Paris is returning to talk about her amazing career, and Rory is just tagging along to visit and be supportive? *grasps at straws*

• Love 2

Good catch. This sounds about right.

Assuming the IMDB listing of Matt Czuchry only being in "Winter" is wrong, maybe Matt Czuchry's episodes match Tanc Sade's; where Finn goes, Logan is unlikely to be far behind.

Since no one knows how many episodes or what episodes Matt is going to be in apparently the person who updated IMDB just put in Winter because they HAD to put in something in order to add him to the list of actors appearing. But I agree I think whatever episode (s) Finn is in Logan isn't far behind. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

She was 13 when the series ended, going on 14. April would be in her early 20s by now. They can't backslide that, with the original actress returning in the role

Actually, April was fourteen  when the show ended. She had her Lorelai-hosted thirteenth birthday party in Season 6. I hope she is now in/or soon plans to be in graduate school with plans for a career in scientific research.

Or maybe Paris is returning to talk about her amazing career, and Rory is just tagging along to visit and be supportive? *grasps at straws*

Here's a straw for you, photo fox. Maybe Rory will be there chairing a sub-panel on careers and career choices, entitled "Don't Let This Happen To You!".

• Love 3

Here's a straw for you, photo fox. Maybe Rory will be there chairing a sub-panel on careers and career choices, entitled "Don't Let This Happen To You!".

I could see that for sure. From: "Don't let one person's critizism make you say: "To hell with it all." Or with Paris, "don't let one disappointment be because the universe is against you for doing one natural thing like sex or feeling everything needs to be perfect." 

Given the info about the Life and Death Brigade, Tanc Sade being in the last two episodes, and MV on IMDB only being in the first three (not confirmed, but still), I'm leaning towards a Rory/Logan endgame being likely. Ugh. ASP couldn't leave well enough alone.

• Love 1

Wouldn't it be nice if April is the first woman to be a member of the Life and Death Brigade.

Rory: Look at you, a broken arm and a leg. Who do you think you are LT. Jordan O'Neill.

April: Who?

Rory: G.I. Jane, you know Demi Moore with a shaved head.

April: I missed that one, guess I better put it in my Netflix que (gratuitous plug).

Rory: What would make you want to do something like that? Join the Life and Death Brigade.

April: Just trying to live up to the standard that you set Ace.

Rory: Logan, Logan, Logan. A la Kirk in the Wrath of Kahn.

Wouldn't it be nice if April is the first woman to be a member of the Life and Death Brigade.

Was it supposed to be all male?  I thought some of the women Rory encountered at the overnight she went to were members of the club, no? 

• Love 3
The theme better not turn into "Luke - Now with more curmudgeon!"

Well he's older now, so I would think that would be required!  More seriously though, I think Luke has always had curmudgeonly-style rules for Luke's, so I wouldn't take the new ones as a sign of anything.   

• Love 2

Haha this is cute! New sign up at Luke's:

tumblr_o2s7ruDudt1qzeb7lo1_540.jpg

Supposedly it says “No texting while ordering. No MAN BUNS! No taking pictures of food. No headphones. If I can hear your music through your headphones, WHY ARE YOU WEARING HEADPHONES?”

Oh Luke, I love you still. I'm surprise he doesn't say: "No social media while eating." The MAN BUNS part just cracks me up. You the man Luke Danes! Never change. 

• Love 3