Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Reunion Part 2

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I wanted to throw up when Kate hugged Rocky. That phony reconciliation  was for the TV audience.  As for "The List"Rocky doesn't deserve "The List", she couldn't do the job she was hired to do without pouting, bawling, or having a temper tantrum and she wouldn't and couldn't accept job performance criticism and why should Kate once again make it easy for her. If Rocky had worked her ass of showed a bit of gratitude for those teaching her and taking their time to help her then she would have deserved to get "The List". I wouldn't give her a God Damned thing, I hope Kate was paying her lip service.

My opinions about all of them have remained unchanged with the exception of Emile he improved in my estimation of him.

Rocky is angling for another entertainment job. I for one will never watch anything she is involved with even if it is a favorite show of mine.

• Love 12

Eddie is not obligated to confirm the hookups but he doesn't have the right to say Rocky us making it up and making her out to be crazy either. That's what our problem is, with those of us who think Eddie was in the wrong. Besides he should have known better that there was no way in hell someone like Rocky was going to keep her lips zipped about anything. He knew what he signed up for when he hooked up with her, he's not a victim of anything. He's not obligated to confirm anything happened or to go into details but he did not have to say she was lying in front of the crew + cameras because she wasn't lying. If he really felt offended, he could have went into her room and closed the door or taken her aside somewhere away from everyone and said "Please stop talking about it, I don't want people knowing" or when she was talking about it in front of the crew he could have been like "I plead the fifth on that" or "I don't kiss and tell haha." He could have gotten away with neither confirming nor denying it. Instead he thought it was ok to say she made it up because she's just crazy Rocky and no one believes anything she says anyway. Maybe Rocky telling everyone wasn't cool but what he did was no better. But I don't think anyone is ever going to agree on this.

• Love 11

I agree with everything BogoGog24 said and would like to add that I hate Eddie with the fire of 1000 suns for acting like Rocky's victim...like she lured him in with her femine wiles even though she knew he had a girlfriend. Really. dude. Blaming the she devil of a woman for your own sexual transgression is so 1915.  To make it worse, I didn't like how he ignored her and gave her the cold shoulder after the fact because he suddenly woke up and found his conscience and some standards. Have the good grace to pull her aside for a chat about breaking it off and then at least be civil to her. And lastly, I  just hate him for being stupid enough or arrogant enough to think he could pull off a tryst like that on yacht...with cameras!!

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 15

As far as the new spin off goes, I seem to recall Connie appeared briefly somewhere in the preview. Maybe I'm wrong though. I might be misunderstanding what her promotion included, I'm not sure if she is staying on that exact boat with Capt. Lee for a season that is not filmed, or shes just staying on for another charter season which might include a different boat and different crew, etc.

Edited by BogoGog24

I'm curious why it's so heinous to deny something you don't want EVERYONE to know. I mean I get that there's lying involved and denials and all that but come on. You mean to tell me that Eddie is now some horrendous monster because he went completely left denying something that wasn't anyone else's business in the first place and in the process got mad and wasn't dealing with it all happily and positively? I think that pulling what Rocky pulled deserved what Rocky got. Had she been more mature about addressing Eddie's ghosting (cause that's pretty much what Eddie was initially guilty of granted but that was between THEM) instead of the childish BS of bringing everyone else in on it then the rest of the bad behavior wouldn't have gone to the place it went. I'm not saying it's all good but I'm not surprised that Eddie is being rather dismissive of Rocky at this point cause when all is said and done, He fucked her while he was on a Ross and Rachel "break" with his girl, she started acting cray cray and he decided he wanted off the crazy train but failed to send the memo properly. The rest of his behavior was a direct result of Rocky's unnecessary escalation of their PERSONAL problem so to me it really isn't all that serious. I don't think this situation shows any "true" colors it just shows that Eddie, like most people, will have enough of the crazies like Rocky and will not entertain the delusional. If he hooked up with her afterwards so what? Sex is sex and that's what Rocky decided to offer and he wasn't with his girlfriend apparently so, what? he's supposed to claim every time he bangs her? That's just odd to me. I think it's more offensive when a person decides to put all of your personal sexual business on blast to whoever will listen and the way she actually forced that information on some of the crew was even more repulsive than anything Eddie did.

I'm on your side.  Great post.

• Love 6

For me, Rocky 'revealing' that there were two more times with Eddie was more of a statement about herself than Eddie. Despite what she said, her actions to me just proved that she was hung up on Eddie and wanted a relationship. She just doesn't get it and she made herself look a whole lot more pathetic than Eddie being a jerk.

I kind of felt sorry for Emile. Wow. Rocky says that Eddie was the only guy she was attracted to on the yacht. What a slap in the face and you could see it on Emile's face. I didn't like Emile during the season but whoa.... You are a bitch Rocky.

I had no problem with what Connie said about Rocky. I generally like Connie....except for the smearing of food on her breasts. But she is a tough broad. She has to be in her job. I also think there's a whole lot of emotions hidden under that exterior.

Gotta love Capt (Harold) Lee. I agree with others that he should be at all reunions.

Loved Kate's taglines. Just as I loved her 'fonts' and 'gods'.

Yay to me. There was discussion about Capt Lee's blog not mentioning looking forward to work with Eddie and I said maybe Eddie announced he wasn't coming back. Yep. He's not. OK. Not being conceited. I just like giving myself a high five when I get something right once in a while.

Also loved Ben saying the kitchen was a mess. Screw you Leon. You're not all that.... Not that I don't find Ben annoying at times.

I agree about Ben and Rocky, if they hooked up 2 more times after the show, especially after the whole denial fiasco... Then Rocky is dumber that I thought. It's not that I think Eddie is blameless or anything, but he got what he wanted, even after how he treated her before... She seems to just keep going back for more even after he calls her crazy etc.

• Love 3

I agree with everything BogoGog24 said and would like to add that I hate Eddie with the fire of 1000 suns for acting like Rocky's victim...like she lured him in with her femine wiles even though she knew he had a girlfriend. Really. dude. Blaming the she devil of a woman for your own sexual transgression is so 1915. To make it worse, I didn't like how he ignored her and gave her the cold shoulder after the fact because he suddenly woke up and found his conscience and some standards. Have the good grace to pull her aside for a chat about breaking it off and then at least be civil to her. And lastly, I just hate him for being stupid enough or arrogant enough to think he could pull off a tryst like that on yacht...with cameras!!

Yeah but...Eddie is a guy! Don't you know? We don't have any control of where our dicks go. They have a mind of their own! She flashed her vajayjay to him. That's like when a nuclear muscle leaves the silo...there's no going back. Dude was powerless... ;)

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 5

I think it's classic that Eddie is the one that was expected to display decorum, honor, maturity etc. etc. while face with the complete opposite behavior of Rocky. Oh okay so Rocky had "truth" on her side so that trumps all? What about being discreet? What about being mature? What about sticking to an agreement?  What about not getting revenge? What about not creating a public display of embarrassment? In a panic Eddie throws out some theories cause he's blindsided and wants to do anything but admit to what Rocky's claiming (which he later apologizes for) and that's much more awful that what she's doing? Okay. So the whole "Eddie knew what he was getting into and should have been ready to deal amicably with the damage Rocky was most likely going to initiate after the fact" argument is really relevant but the whole "Rocky knew what she was getting into, hook ups in laundry rooms don't necessarily mean Eddie's gonna be all about having PDA moments with you in front of the crew and just may result in a rude awakening moment" is null and void? I really think that's rich.

I am disappointed that Eddie wasn't more intelligent with his dismissal of Rocky. I wish he would have been matter of fact about his declaration and not lean so much to the "powerless" to resist angle. I would have been ecstatic had he pretty much stuck to his point which was she was throwing it at him and he basically said fuck it why not which still pretty much puts the advances in her court and he can keep the whole "she wore me down" narrative on it. For the most part I agree with that assessment. She was throwing it out there and she got a response from him. He engaged and that's all there is to it. I don't think he's wrong to give off the impression that had she not been so overtly sexual in her behavior towards him he wouldn't have hooked up with her and I don't see anything wrong with him claiming that. I mean, we've never seen Eddie initiate something like that before so I don't think it's sinister that he's pointing that detail out. Now granted, it was on him to decide to do it but again the only reason a conversation about how it came about was because Rocky started THAT narrative with him. Like what's with all of this break down nonsense? It won't lead to anywhere good. Picking it apart and all that craziness. Why? It's stupid and asking for trouble. So she asks about how he feels it went down, he answered and included what it was the caused him to hit the laundry room which was her throwing herself at him not him pursuing her or some predetermined plan HE had to bed her eventually.

I mean why do we get all up in arms about him being honest about how he felt their hook up came about? Now again, I just wish his tone wasn't so accusatory but I am totally fine with him offering up the fact that had she not had her ass in his face all season he wouldn't even have come close to doing the deed with her. I'm just saying, what's wrong with him telling it like it is? Shit, I believe it. If Rocky was just doing her job, socializing in the same way the other crew was chilling and they all were just getting through the season I highly doubt a full fledged official campaign to fuck Rocky would have even crossed Eddie's mind and if so I doubt he would have attempted to execute it. Being callous about the truth seems to be okay when Rocky divulges particulars but Eddie sharing the truth that the only reason he fucked Rocky was cause she pretty much put out the welcome mat is considered wrong?

I'd also like to point out that messiness like this is the reason why hook ups are supposed to be taken with a grain of salt and shouldn't be opened up to such in depth analyzing. It's not meant to go into detail because people don't like the ugly truths that are pretty much the basis for hook ups. Truths such as:

-It's just sex
-Mutual feelings of respect aren't actually required
-Public acknowledgement, not happening
-It's just sex
-Intimacy not a requirement
-Follow up not a requirement
-It's just sex
-Long term while appreciative, definitely not on the table
-Disappearing acts are an expectation

-Last but not least, It's just sex

If Eddie “knew what he was getting into” then logic dictates that Rocky also “knew what she was getting into” and what the risks were. My position is that putting this out there for public debate was the biggest catalyst and that falls completely on Rocky. Everything that transpired afterwards was a direct result of her unconscionable act.

Trying to set rules and guidelines for hookups is a contradiction in terms. If that's the goal then that mean you want a RELATIONSHIP and in that case delusional and confused parties should do an about face and get the hell out of dodge and not try to revisit the whole thing while trying to apply relationship standards to the whole ordeal which only makes the hook ups seem uglier than it initially was meant to be. And it was probably all good during but then the rewriting of events occurs and it starts looking more like the ugly reality it truly is. Hookups are light flashes in the pan. Its meant to be hot for a second then burn itself out with no further action.  People can try and customize their hooks ups all they want, hey have at it but no amount of amicable, lovely, turns into marriage and kids arrangement changes what the default basics of a hook up are to start. Just sayin’

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8

Yeah but...Eddie is a guy! Don't you know? We don't have any control of where our dicks go. They have a mind of their own! She flashed her vajayjay to him. That's like when a nuclear muscle leaves the silo...there's no going back. Dude was powerless... ;)

But they actually did get away with it. The cameras didn't catch crap and the crew was completely shocked when Rocky shared so for the most part had Rocky stuck to keeping it discreet which should have been the easiest hurdle since ya know hook ups are private affairs then keeping it discreet during the whole charter season was a success.

I wanted to throw up when Kate hugged Rocky. That phony reconciliation  was for the TV audience.

I didn't see a reconciliation at all.  When somebody offers you a let's make up hug and you don't deign to get out of your seat, forcing them to bend awkwardly (on national television) to embrace you, it's a power play.  Rocky knew it, and hesitated, but knew she had committed and couldn't back out without looking bad.  

Kate got Rocky to literally bow to her.  Game, set, match.

• Love 18

But they actually did get away with it. The cameras didn't catch crap and the crew was completely shocked when Rocky shared so for the most part had Rocky stuck to keeping it discreet which should have been the easiest hurdle since ya know hook ups are private affairs then keeping it discreet during the whole charter season was a success.

Agreed...it is obvious that Rocky knew it was a "discreet" relationship being that they never really talked or spoke it about it in front of other crew or cameras, and strictly texted about it. I feel like that is partly why Eddie was ghosting her because he didn't want to bring it up and talk about it in front of cameras where they could be "caught." However, he is no child and should have known that someone who is like Rocky would full on blow up his spot. The old saying "if you play with fire, you get burned" totally comes to mind. Rocky is as unpredictable as fire. That being said,I am not saying the way he handled it, by lying and trying to cast doubt on her, was fine, but it was certainly understandable given the situation and the fact I am sure he was totally unprepared for it to come out. The whole situation doesn't make me think less of eddie though. He made a mistake and to me it is a forgivable one.

• Love 6

No matter how many times you keep stating the same thing over and over, my opinion regarding the Eddie/Rocky situation is going to remain the same. At this point everyone is just going in a circle trying to convince the other person to see it the way they do and it hasn't been successful. At the end of the day there's those who think Eddie did more wrong or at least equal wrong as Rocky did. Stating the same thing over and over is not going to make those people change their minds, no matter how badly you want them to. I still stand by my opinion that Rocky and Eddie both handled the situation equally as poorly as each other and they are both to blame, both acted shitty, both did shitty things.

• Love 7

I didn't see a reconciliation at all.  When somebody offers you a let's make up hug and you don't deign to get out of your seat, forcing them to bend awkwardly (on national television) to embrace you, it's a power play.  Rocky knew it, and hesitated, but knew she had committed and couldn't back out without looking bad.  

True.

Guess what, A guy runs around and tells people that I blew him on the first date, then in the car outside of a bar last night Imma call him a fucking liar and delusional, not to mention a FUCK YOU, even if it is true

So... um... how you doin'?

Heh.

---

Three things:

• Fuck Rocky.
  • Fuck Eddie.
  • Fuck Rocky & Eddie.

Also, fuck Rocky. Always and forever.

---

I absolutely love the apparent fact that Captain Lee is not only the biggest breakout star of this here show, but is also a bona fide sex symbol. You go on with your bad self, cap'n! I also love that nobody's got the heart to tell him that his "Lee-isms" are all old and hackneyed and not really funny. It's just that they're coming from Lee, and that is what makes it at least mildly amusing. He's like your uncle who thinks he's "hip" and/or "with it" while using phrase like "the bomb" and such. It's cute. Old Man Cute. The man sure as hell speaks truth to reality tee vee show power though. And I don't think I'll ever get tired of the look on his face they keep showing in the clips when he witnessed the Rocky/Eddie flirting in the galley. High comedy!

To me, Lee and Kate were the clear "winners" of the reunion. I mean, it's not like everyone wasn't constantly rolling their eyes pretty much every time Rocky spoke, but Kate's Bitch Face was at the top of its game, and Lee's wasn't too far off pace. Andy should have given both of them little "No Fucks To Give" flags to wave whenever Rocky was braying on about something or other.

The Kate/Ben discussion just confirmed what I already knew, they bicker because it's fun and they love it. They'll never admit it, and that's probably a good thing for them, but I'm convinced that deep down they're borderline in love with each other. They're like freakin' Jerry and Elaine. So damn cute.

Dave! I still can't understand why he doesn't get about three times as much screen time as he does. He is the best.

I have to agree with others that, as much as I was looking forward to Below Deck II: Mediterranean Boogaloo, that preview poured a good bit of cold water on my enthusiasm. I know I'll watch it though, and I'm pretty sure I'll be all in after a couple episodes. Fingers crossed. Pros: Ben! Cons: No Kate, and especially no Lee. This new captain's gonna piss me off, I'm sure of it. Loving the stews' accents though, so there's that.

• Love 7

Quote:

"In case you missed it, here's the Previously.TV post on the episode!

Sea You Next Tuesday
Well, or when Below Deck: Mediterranean premieres. In the meantime, your final BD Original Flavor reunion ranking!"

MMMM...I was told by PTV that we were not allowed to use the dreaded "C" word nor any euphemism or derivative for it, even one close to the title of this thread (see, sea) unless it was specifically referred to on the show....interesting.

Well, it's your playground.

Edited by Giselle
I'm curious why it's so heinous to deny something you don't want EVERYONE to know. I mean I get that there's lying involved and denials and all that but come on. You mean to tell me that Eddie is now some horrendous monster because he went completely left denying something that wasn't anyone else's business in the first place and in the process got mad and wasn't dealing with it all happily and positively? I think that pulling what Rocky pulled deserved what Rocky got.[/quote"].

IMO - the "personal" issue excuse loses a lot of credibility when you've willingly signed up for a "reality" show (see Teresa Giudice).

Eddie had to know there were mikes/cameras everywhere (see laundry room). Did he really think Bravo wasn't going to show it? That's why it pretty much annoys me that he acted like he did. You did it - own it. The minute you were called out (see mikes/cameras in laundry room). BTW - I always liked Eddie. Not a Kate fan.

• Love 2

Quote:

Sea You Next Tuesday

Well, or when Below Deck: Mediterranean premieres. In the meantime, your final BD Original Flavor reunion ranking!"

MMMM...I was told by PTV that we were not allowed to use the dreaded "C" word nor any euphemism for it, even one close to the title of this thread (see, sea) unless it was specifically referred to on the show....interesting.

Is the dreaded "C" word what I think it means? That's too bad - it's one of my favorites. So perfect sometimes. See also my favorite cat - convenient as her name starts with C. What we call our 100 lb+ Akita mix is probably the euphemism (the "P" one - well he is - to the horror of Akitas everywhere).

Is there a naughty language list? I thought PTV like TWoP thought we were mature enough to use the occasional coarse word (C for some reason is especially bad).

I finally watched Part Deux and my only contribution to all of this brilliant commentary is that Eddie once again proves what Watergate has already taught us:  the cover-up is way worse than the crime.  Who the hell cares that he banged Rocky?  No one!  It's the way he ghosted her, gaslighted her and outright lied about her that makes him a colossal douche in my book. 

And to the Eddie defenders out there I would simply say: I agree, Rocky is also a huge douche for spilling the beans.  But her blabber mouth is the direct result of her increasing frustration over the way he treated her.  His ghosting tactic backfired in a big way. 

On a separate note, I wish they made a Captain Lee bobblehead because I need one!

• Love 9

Is the dreaded "C" word what I think it means? That's too bad - it's one of my favorites. So perfect sometimes. See also my favorite cat - convenient as her name starts with C. What we call our 100 lb+ Akita mix is probably the euphemism (the "P" one - well he is - to the horror of Akitas everywhere).

Is there a naughty language list? I thought PTV like TWoP thought we were mature enough to use the occasional coarse word (C for some reason is especially bad).

It's the perfect insult as neither sex would want to be called one. But...

Nope, there isn't a memo or list of what is allowed. I looked for one after I was asked not to use it and suggested they add one,

It's their playground and they have to prevent flare-ups and hurt sensitivities. I enjoy playing here so I now refrain.

Eddie is a fool.

Kate is not the only one who drinks while on charter.

Captain Lee does not understand professionalism and how to relate to subordinates in a hierarchical structure.

What kind of bachelor's degree can David possibly earn that will provide better income than the tips Bravo displays a high school grad earning on the show?  Hey, forget that BS and bring Trevor to the Caribbean to earn $100,000/year. 

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 2
I'm curious why it's so heinous to deny something you don't want EVERYONE to know. I mean I get that there's lying involved and denials and all that but come on. You mean to tell me that Eddie is now some horrendous monster because he went completely left denying something that wasn't anyone else's business in the first place and in the process got mad and wasn't dealing with it all happily and positively? I think that pulling what Rocky pulled deserved what Rocky got.[/quote"].

IMO - the "personal" issue excuse loses a lot of credibility when you've willingly signed up for a "reality" show (see Teresa Giudice).

Eddie had to know there were mikes/cameras everywhere (see laundry room). Did he really think Bravo wasn't going to show it? That's why it pretty much annoys me that he acted like he did. You did it - own it. The minute you were called out (see mikes/cameras in laundry room). BTW - I always liked Eddie. Not a Kate fan.

Bravo showed a running washing machine and edited in sound bites of Rocky, for all we know, really loving her dinner "mmmm so good".  No "red handed" footage was actually shown that wasn't helped along with additional editing AFTER the fact. The personal issue I'm referring to is when Rocky shared with the rest of the crew. Even if the cameras did catch this that or the other that's a different animal than Rocky speaking on her and Eddie's trysts to the others. There's a difference. Let's say he isn't too worried about the cameras (which didn't really catch anything) but they were being discreet enough so the rest of the crew doesn't find out. Being on a reality show means they are opening up their lives to viewers not that they are necessarily required to live in a fish bowl with each other per se. That's my point about private things being private. Yeah, they are on a reality show but they don't show us when they are showering or when they are using the restroom (unless of course you're Bethenny Frankel).

• Love 2

So the thing with Eddie and Rocky is you have a circumstance where no one is really behaving in a particularly grown up manner. The structure of a reality tv show invites the audience to take sides when really, everyone is being a douche here.

If I have to take sides I guess I'm like .000001% more on Rocky's side than Eddie's. Did she blab when she shouldn't have? Yes, but....it was her business to tell too. I don't think she has less of a right to decide that then Eddie. I'm not saying it's great behavior, but it was her life too so... Also, a lot of Eddie's explanation about his behavior has this undertone of expecting Rocky to just know that she was never good enough to be his girlfriend. While I'm feeling Eddie on that, I don't think you can expect another person to understand that they deserve to be objectified and should shut up when you are done with them. It's not a good way to treat people and I'm kind of on board with Rocky refusing to let Eddie make her into his dirty little secrect no matter how annoying she is or how much I don't like her. I mean Rocky is the worst ever, but what she's basically saying is if you don't respect her enough to treat her like a FRIEND with benefits then you never should have partaken of the benefits. If I take how much I hate Rocky out of the equation, that is actually something I am ok with anyone saying. Hopefully in a better manner than Rocky did.

Also, I believe the hooked up the two more times. Which says nothing great about either of them.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5

Bravo showed a running washing machine and edited in sound bites of Rocky, for all we know, really loving her dinner "mmmm so good". No "red handed" footage was actually shown that wasn't helped along with additional editing AFTER the fact. The personal issue I'm referring to is when Rocky shared with the rest of the crew. Even if the cameras did catch this that or the other that's a different animal than Rocky speaking on her and Eddie's trysts to the others. There's a difference. Let's say he isn't too worried about the cameras (which didn't really catch anything) but they were being discreet enough so the rest of the crew doesn't find out. Being on a reality show means they are opening up their lives to viewers not that they are necessarily required to live in a fish bowl with each other per se. That's my point about private things being private. Yeah, they are on a reality show but they don't show us when they are showering or when they are using the restroom (unless of course you're Bethenny Frankel).

This right here. I don't think any of what we heard when they showed the washer spinning was actual sound coming from inside the laundry room during their trysts

• Love 4

So the thing with Eddie and Rocky is you have a circumstance where no one is really behaving in a particularly grown up manner. The structure of a reality tv show invites the audience to take sides when really, everyone is being a douche here.

If I have to take sides I guess I'm like .000001% more on Rocky's side than Eddie's. Did she blab when she shouldn't have? Yes, but....it was her business to tell too. I don't think she has less of a right to decide that then Eddie. I'm not saying it's great behavior, but it was her life too so... Also, a lot of Eddie's explanation about his behavior has this undertone of expecting Rocky to just know that she was never good enough to be his girlfriend. While I'm feeling Eddie on that, I don't think you can expect another person to understand that they deserve to be objectified and should shut up when you are done with them. It's not a good way to treat people and I'm kind of board with Rocky refusing to let Eddie make her into his dirty little secrect no matter how annoying she is or how much I don't like her. I mean Rocky is the worst ever, but what she's basically saying is if you don't respect her enough to treat her like a FRIEND with benefits then you never should have partaken of the benefits. If I take how much I hate Rocky out of the equation, that is actually something I am ok with anyone saying. Hopefully in a better manner than Rocky did.

Also, I believe the hooked up the two more times. Which says nothing great about either of them.

I guess where I'm coming from was that she disrespected the "friend" aspect of it first and I don't necessarily believe he just tossed her aside just cause he was done. I think what went down was that she went from 0-1,000 with expectations from him that he understandably did not agree with and he then decided he would step away from the crazy. Quiet honestly I'm not so sure he tried to ghost her. I think he was taking a minute to reevaluate what the hell he got himself into and when he wasn't as responsive as he wanted him to be she turned on the boiling bunny mode which obviously isn't going to get Eddie to respond any quicker or anyway close to how she wanted him to respond. So I guess my angle is that I don't even believe he was even trying to ghost her. He didn't have a chance before she got all.. "wait, what you're blowing me off? You not responding to my text, you're not giving me you're undivided attention now that I'm feeling a little stupid for bumping uglies with you?" So I get Rocky's side and all that and I would completely agree if I did believe Eddie completely intended to ignore and pretend Rocky was the equivilant to what's on the bottom of his shoe but I don't think he was planning on going out on those terms. I think her paranoia and overreactions took them down that path and Eddie ended up just trying to stay away from the crazy and of course she wasn't having any of that and he we are.

But I totally get why what went down isn't cool and I do admit that it sucks that Rocky ended up in that position no matter how she got there so I will say it is a shame it all went down like that. For both parties.

The other thing is that I don't expect much from Rocky because A) She's Rocky, I wouldn't trust her to make a PB and J without putting something weird in it and B) She is a third stew in her rookie season. Eddie may not be her direct superior or supervisor but he is in a higher position of authority, this isn't his first rodeo being on a yacht with Capt. Lee, and overall I expect a bit more from him naturally because of his title as well as experience.

I feel like a general rule of thumb throughout life is that if you're about to do something, ask yourself if you would feel embarrassed if anyone knew about it. If you wouldn't want others knowing, it's probably a sign you shouldn't do it in the first place. Either be prepared to just own it and act like it's no big deal, or don't do it. Like, hypothetically speaking, I might decide I want to pick my nose when no one is looking. I'd surely be embarrassed if someone saw but I'd probably just be like "Haha you caught me! I was digging for gold and I struck the jackpot! Haha!" Own it, laugh it off, and move on. Sorry but I can't feel any sympathy towards Eddie there. He was thinking too much about the free sex to care about the consequences and that's on him. He's a grown, consenting adult with a brain, nobody forced him into doing anything. I don't care how hard Rocky was waving her ass in his face. He had the power to disengage at any time, he even could gave stopped seeing her once the season ended, and clearly he still went back for more. He wanted the sex just as much as she did, he's not a victim of anything.

• Love 2

I think Ben was on the Mediterranean version before Eros, I think that is why he wasn't on from the beginning so Connie went to the Mediterranean after. I thought he said he came right from there when he arrived on Eros.

This is so fascinating to me. I have never thought about this before, and it wouldn't have crossed my mind. I hate that I miss most of these subtle body language ques because I end up inadvertently receiving or giving off the wrong message.

I love Kate, can't help it. Think the more Connie is shown the more unlikable she will become.

Eddie acted like a total douche. He's a liar, hes full of shit. He's a smug jackass. I used to LOVE him. Now I can't stand the guy. The way he acted on the reunion was so douchey, I don't think the Captain would have him back either way. His rep has been soiled.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4

No matter how many times you keep stating the same thing over and over, my opinion regarding the Eddie/Rocky situation is going to remain the same.

Agreed. Time for this lil doggie to get along. But not before I address this:

Also -- somebody made a claim that Kate's mug shot looked like she was arrested for drunk driving, and then went on to say that she's despicable for driving drunk! How about finding out why someone was arrested before you condemn them. For all you know, she could have been at a damn protest march!

That was me, so here ya go. DUI, possession of uncontrolled substance and refusal to take a drug test. And I stopped looking after these two. Basic, despicable Kate. She drinks and gets behind the wheel of a car. So why should I believe she wouldn't drink on the job? Despicable AND fug, inside and out

If I had to pick a font for Kate it would be Olde Basic Drunk.

2010013296.jpg

11_05_01_320149.jpg

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

Oh yeah, here's another.  Probation violation.  LOL. Girl is messy.  At the family dinner party, she's the drunkety drunk aunt that likes to fold the dinner napkins into penises.

Tag line anyone?

Kathryn-D-Chastian_mugshot.400x800.jpg

• Love 1

I wonder if Rocky (and maybe Leon) were aware of her arrest before they went on the show? With that information, it would certainly entice them all the more to bring out the "she was drinking" thing.

As stated above, we don't really know all the facts here. Most likely she went out to a club or somewhere, drank too much, and was caught behind the wheel. It's pretty common for people to drink at clubs and bars. That doesn't mean she would drink on the job though or at least not enough to get visibly drunk. I think as irresponsible as it is to drive while drunk she at least knows how badly her career and reputation would be damaged if she ever got drunk during a charter.

That being said, I kind of believe now the mug o' wine story might be true after all, even if Leon admitted to making it up. The way everyone pretty much gave a non answer "I don't remember" "That's so petty," plus her past of a DUI kind of puts it all out on the table. Then again it's also strange there's no footage (that we know of) of this incident and screen shots show there was no mug anywhere. Hmmm.

• Love 1

Wow.  Does anyone know why Kate was arrested? 

What I do know that life is not black and white.  It's a whole lot of grey.  I don't pass judgement until I know all the facts.

I like the way you think! :-)

When the first mug shot was posted I did a quick search and all I found was the mug shot on arrest.com with the charge being out of county warrant. I looked around a bit for anything else and I couldn't come up with anything. Couldn't find the other mug shots are anything whatsoever about any DUI. Now granted I'm no Agatha Christie in the internet sleuthing department but I couldn't dig up anything else. Curious.

• Love 1

I think as irresponsible as it is to drive while drunk she at least knows how badly her career and reputation would be damaged if she ever got drunk during a charter.

But she doesn't know how badly someone's life would be damaged if she would've hit and taken out a whole innocent family? My, then she is a dumbass.  And the Kate apologists will say, "but she didn't take out a whole family".

I don't understand tolerance for drunk drivers. Anyone who has been arrested 3 times, that we know of, with 3 mugshots, has a problem.  I mean, even a stupid teenager who drives drunk gets my wrath.  But the Stewed Stew was 27 and 28 yo at the time of her arrests. 

If anyone here has 3 arrests relating to DUI/possession, can you tell me the circumstances under which that could be acceptable, ever? 

• Love 3

But she doesn't know how badly someone's life would be damaged if she would've hit and taken out a whole innocent family? My, then she is a dumbass.  And the Kate apologists will say, "but she didn't take out a whole family".

I don't understand tolerance for drunk drivers. Anyone who has been arrested 3 times, that we know of, with 3 mugshots, has a problem.  I mean, even a stupid teenager who drives drunk gets my wrath.  But the Stewed Stew was 27 and 28 yo at the time of her arrests. 

If anyone here has 3 arrests relating to DUI/possession, can you tell me the circumstances under which that could be acceptable, ever? 

I couldn't find anything on the dui's...?

Completely playing devils advocate, don't condone drunk driving AT ALL however...... When you take your driving test there is a part where it asks what's the equivalent of of alcohol that would stay within the legal drinking limit... Now again, I don't condone drunk driving but in all honesty it IS legal to have a beer maybe two... People factor in weight and how much time between having their last of two or three drinks and then getting into the car when determining whether they feel they are within the legal limit. Plenty of DUI's are results of miscalculating how much a person thinks is in their system. There is having alcohol in your system and then there is drunk. Two separate things which is why they follow the whole blood alcohol calculation in the first place.  Personally I think having the limit creates a bigger risk of people misjudging just how much they've had and therefore giving them a false sense of confidence that their blood alcohol is okay to drive. But anyway being that it is legal to have point whatever alcohol in your system that means that a fraction point over that "acceptable" amount puts you into DUI territory and doesn't necessarily mean you were raging drunk when the cops pulled you over. Again, I think having ANY limit just confuses things but that's the system for ya so no I don't a think DUI automatically means irresponsible driver. It could also mean a person miscalculated and that second drink put them over the "legal limit" one fraction of a point.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

I couldn't find anything on the dui's...?

Would it matter if you could...?  I realize this is another circular discussion but here's how I did it. Google:  Kathryn Chastain mug shot. 

Easy peasy, Stoli lemon squeezy.

But anyway being that it is legal to have point whatever alcohol in your system that means that a fraction point over that "acceptable" amount puts you into DUI territory and doesn't necessarily mean you were raging drunk when the cops pulled you over.

Does her mug shot look like she's a fraction over the acceptable amount? LOL Plus, she refused testing, now why would she do that?

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Kathryn_Chastian_1273614/

2010013296.jpg

• Love 2

51oXJW6UN7L.jpg

Oh my God,  Kate also could have rolled her car, landed in a Florida swamp and ended up in some happy gator's belly and we could be bitching and arguing both sides as to weather the toxicity of her body endangered the alligator and start a Fund Me campaign for its rehabilitation. More importantly we could gasp in absolute horror that the leaking fuel line, busted radiator and blown engine leaked chemicals into the wildlife sanctuary and made global warming tick up a micro-fraction of a percent causing the next Tsunami that hit California and destroyed Rocky's apartment and family home! OH SHIT!!!

But that didn't happen.... dammit!

I bet she had Lyme Disease, it causes DUI's you know.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8

That being said, I kind of believe now the mug o' wine story might be true after all, even if Leon admitted to making it up. The way everyone pretty much gave a non answer "I don't remember" "That's so petty," plus her past of a DUI kind of puts it all out on the table. Then again it's also strange there's no footage (that we know of) of this incident and screen shots show there was no mug anywhere. Hmmm.

I agree that the story might be true. What we saw Leon say was that Kate was drinking, then he admitted he didn't see it. That doesn't negate Rocky's statement about Kate having a mug with wine in it and the fact that the cameras didn't show a mug doesn't mean there wasn't one. If you have something prohibited, you don't set it on the counter top, you hide it. If there was a mug, it was probably on a shelf under the counter or behind an appliance, container or other large-ish item.

Again, I think having ANY limit just confuses things but that's the system for ya so no I don't a think DUI automatically means irresponsible driver. It could also mean a person miscalculated and that second drink put them over the "legal limit" one fraction of a point.

I think DUI pretty much indicates drunk. Impairment starts as soon as you have a drink and becomes noticeable at a level as low as .03. By the time your blood alcohol level is .08, you're impaired enough that you're dangerous. Being at .07 just means you're not going to be arrested, not that you're ok to be driving.

• Love 2

Well, news of a DUI is the first thing that's really damaged my opinion of Kate. (Allegedly) drinking on a boat when on the job is one thing, but unless you're pushing Captain Lee or the first mate away from the wheel you're not endangering others. There's really no excuse for an adult—or even a stupid teenager who shouldn't be drinking in the first place—to risk other people's lives by getting behind the wheel drunk.

• Love 3

Oh my God,  Kate also could have rolled her car, landed in a Florida swamp and ended up in some happy gator's belly and we could be bitching and arguing both sides as to weather the toxicity of her body endangered the alligator and start a Fund Me campaign for its rehabilitation. More importantly we could gasp in absolute horror that the leaking fuel line, busted radiator and blown engine leaked chemicals into the wildlife sanctuary and made global warming tick up a micro-fraction of a percent causing the next Tsunami that hit California and destroyed Rocky's apartment and family home! OH SHIT!!!

But that didn't happen.... dammit!

I bet she had Lyme Disease, it causes DUI's you know.

Exactly.  I think I'm done discussing Kate's arrest record.  Three more mug shots and she can make them into a set of coasters for her parents for Christmas.  Three more and bad hair won't be the only thing she and Lindsay Lohan have in common.

I agree that the story might be true. What we saw Leon say was that Kate was drinking, then he admitted he didn't see it. That doesn't negate Rocky's statement about Kate having a mug with wine in it and the fact that the cameras didn't show a mug doesn't mean there wasn't one. If you have something prohibited, you don't set it on the counter top, you hide it. If there was a mug, it was probably on a shelf under the counter or behind an appliance, container or other large-ish item.

Whatever website that was touting they had the smoking gun! because they had stills from the show of the galley that showed NO MUG - had me rolling.  Seriously, dude? 

• Love 3

Quote:

Sea You Next Tuesday

MMMM...I was told by PTV that we were not allowed to use the dreaded "C" word nor any euphemism or derivative for it, even one close to the title of this thread (see, sea) unless it was specifically referred to on the show....interesting.

What editorial chooses to do doesn't always fall in line with the site rules.