Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Reunion Part 2

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Speaking of pictures that make people look bad, does Rocky curl her hair? In that one scene she has straight hair. I wouldn't be surprised if she creates that blone fright wig for attention.

I also thought it was telling that Connie (or maybe Amy) said Rocky turned on the crazy when the cameras rolled.

Oh, and that Kate "arrest record" only reveals that she had 3 Xanax that weren't in a prescription bottle. The charge was for alcohol OR drugs, not necessarily both. If Rocky said it was a mug of Xanax, it would make more sense.

• Love 4

I really don't care what these people do when they aren't on my screen. I find Kate entertaining. I love her snark. Capt Lee is the best! He's a stereotype but in a good way- scruffy capt'n who uses silly cliche'd comments and has his own moral code. I like it and can't believe it feels authentic.

I don't like what Eddie did but I dislike Rocky SO much, I can get over it. I don't think I've ever been so repulsed by a reality performer. Leon comes close as he was just a jerk but she was one of the most annoying people I've ever seen. I'm with Connie on this one. I thought she was attractive in the first episode but that faded quickly. I guess it took Eddie longer to get there. And he's a guy...so there's that. He did say he liked her ass. 

I, too, will watch the Med show because of Ben but am not enthusiastic. This spin off could work but for every "Frasier" there's a million "Joey"s. Sorry, old reference but very apt. I love this guy but I think I might love him in the ensemble of this show. Not sure he can make a gang of morons work. That's what I saw but we'll see. I might be wrong. Maybe it will be good.

I miss this show already and am pretty sure Eddie will be back. He says "no" but I think he'll be asked and will agree. He's now got to have the redemption season.

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 8

I'm mostly disgusted that Eddie would take a few trips to the laundry room with Rocky. Still, those scenes were super fake. They edited in one of the Eduardo scenes where he said "Eduardo loves the ladies" while wearing the costume. I very much doubt he actually went into the laundry room that way.

Rocky never did it for me this season, much like Connie. At least Connie was a reasonably normal person, food boobs not withstanding. Captain Lee (is Lee his middle or last name?) was entertaining without sacrificing his self-respect.

I'm meh on Captain Lee. All of his taking Rocky to task is stuff that should have been done during the charter. A good manager corrects a subordinate's mistakes as they happen. Letting the behavior continue and then bitching about it when the season is over is for entertaining television, not fixing things. And, yes, it would be nice if Rocky acknowledged that her behavior was inconvenient for others and to offer a genuine apology, but nice is all it is. There's nothing that says she has to feel or act that way just because it would make Lee happy. If he really wanted to publicly talk to someone who needs to own bad behavior, douchey Eddie was right there.

Ben and Dave can miss me with their bros before hos attitudes.

Captain Lee is Harold Lee Rosbach. Apparently Andy doesn't read the Bravo site.

• Love 2

More PC I guess?

Plus I would think Andy as a gay person would not even bother asking what it's like to have a gay roommate. In 2015 being gay or living with a gay person is not even on the radar anymore. I dont remember what Emile said but I'm sure he thinks Dave is a nice guy and enjoyed working with him. That's all that really matters in the end, Dave IS a nice guy and a hard worker. Why would his sexual orientation matter? The fact a gay person even asked this in 2015 is just ridiculous. The more people try to act like being gay is something different and odd, the less it'll become seen as normal which defeats the entire purpose.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 5

Just a hunch based on my own personal interpretation of that exchange, but it seemed pretty jokey to me. Both Andy's question and Dave's "correction." I suspect that the whole thing was some kind of "in joke" with Emile. Wouldn't surprise me if Emile's rooming with Dave might have been by far the closest interaction he's ever (knowingly) had with an LGBTQ person, and it might have led to some initial (innocuous) culture-based awkwardness on Emile's part. Emile may have fumbled a little bit at first, perhaps using some less-than-ideal terminology or asking a weird question or two (for example "So do I refer to you as 'gay' or 'homosexual' or what?") which Dave no doubt took with grace and good humor. I would imagine that Dave and others turned it into a running gag, and Andy and Dave took the opportunity to give Emile a little shit about it, just for fun. Seems like most of it was probably edited out for time, but that's how I took it anyway. Just a hunch, YMMV.

• Love 1

Speaking of editing, in both of the reunion episodes, the editing was so obviously choppy. Made me distrust a lot of the interactions, especially between Rocky and the other crew members. The whole "mug o' wine" exchange particularly seemed suspect, and I'll bet there was more said about it than we'll likely ever see.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

Nope, no "Secrets Revealed" or "The Crew Tells All" this season.

Interesting. I know they did one last season. You'd think with all the Rocky drama there'd be plenty more we didn't see. I'm a bit disappointed there won't be a Secrets Revealed. I seem to remember in the season preview we saw Rocky and what looked like she was trying to blow dry her hair and the hair getting sucked inside or something, yet I don't remember seeing it on the show.

• Love 2