Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Artem. They dated and were engaged about ten years ago.

wow. i assumed Artem was gay because of how he freaked out over Ricky Martin. I shouldn't stereotype lol

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 1992austenlover said:

My gut is telling me that Nancy is in trouble and that it will be either Nick or Bonner booted out with her. Of course, I really hope it's Bonner but I'm emotionally preparing myself for Nick to leave. It's a sad thought considering that both Nick and Nancy are clearly better dancers than Bonner but for some reason I feel like Bonner has a bigger fanbase than Nancy at this point...and Nick has been in jeopardy twice and is at the bottom at the leader board so it's not looking good for him. :( 

Either the rodeo has a lot of fans or he really was in danger the other week instead Val and his partner.  They love to do that. 

David may have spots fans but he did say he was not a star.  So maybe David and Bonner.   

• Love 1
Just now, wings707 said:

Either the rodeo has a lot of fans or he really was in danger the other week instead Val and his partner.  They love to do that. 

David may have spots fans but he did say he was not a star.  So maybe David and Bonner.   

I hope you're right. I desperately want to be wrong lol. Team Nick! ;) 

• Love 1

My gut is telling me that Nancy is in trouble and that it will be either Nick or Bonner booted out with her. Of course, I really hope it's Bonner but I'm emotionally preparing myself for Nick to leave. It's a sad thought considering that both Nick and Nancy are clearly better dancers than Bonner but for some reason I feel like Bonner has a bigger fanbase than Nancy at this point...and Nick has been in jeopardy twice and is at the bottom at the leader board so it's not looking good for him. :( 

Honestly, if Nick/Nancy go on Monday, there goes my top two favourites. I KNOW Normani's good, but I am so sick and tired of all her extra stuff in all of her dances, like props and the troupe and special guests. I'm rooting for Underdog Nick to make it a bit farther, and Nancy's just a joy to watch. I used to like David but now I'm tired of him. Rashad's good but he's not quite there for me, and Simone's not very good with making her dances flow. All I see is routine. So I guess once Nick/Nancy go, I'll be rooting for Rashad. 

• Love 5

Didn't Artem date Mischa Barton when they were paired up for a season?  Or was that a complete showmance.  I thought I read about them still hanging out/dating after she was eliminated.

I knew about Artem and CAI being together in the past, because that was a concern about CAI being objective when judging her former fiancé.  But then again they brought Julianne to judge and Maks has been a guest judge as well, so DWTS doesn't care about conflicts of interest when it comes to judging.

Edited by DkNNy79

I highly doubt that he was dating Mischa. Based on how toxic their whole time on the show was. I don't think Artem could hide his feelings and emotions like this.

I know he dated his partner from SCD (after they won, apparently), and now he's dating some actress (I saw few pictures on his insta, but I don't recognize her).

Never even remotely considered him being gay lol just emotional caring good guy, but with a "playah" streak lol idk how to put it. he strikes me as that type of guy who genuinely likes all women lol and gets ADD around them lol 

Edited by vavera4ka
1 hour ago, ceebee said:

I don't think Artem and CAI were ever engaged, though they were together for a couple of years.  

I must have remembered that wrong. I know they were together for several years. Still, you would think in an ideal world you wouldn't have an ex judging a competitor but of course, this is the show where no one cares about that sort of thing.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, wings707 said:

He's been dating the dark-haired lead actress from Chicago Med for quite awhile now, more than a year I think.

Gals can be huge fans of females. Guys can be huge fans of males. Doesn't mean either are gay, whether the performer is gay or not.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 3

Actor Robb Derringer and Carrie Ann were engaged last December.  I believe everything's hunky dory though I have not seen mention of a wedding date.

And Torrey Devitto from tv series Chicago Med and Artem have acknowledged their relationship on Instagram etc. for almost a year.torrey.PNG.166cf62704bcfed2e87a05f8b3790f88.PNGcarrie-ann-inaba.jpg.c7c3adce5917cfe1cd548aa5b6a3a42a.jpg

21 hours ago, nic said:

Normani has also been in jeopardy the last 2 weeks. Rashad and Simone are the only ones that I feel are 100% safe. It's a toss up for the rest.

I think Simone is the only 100% celeb but Rashad would be second on my list.  In fact, I think Simone will get the immunity challenge.  She's getting Charleston where DWTS allows a lot of variation and tricks, which she can do--happy-go-lucky.

I think Nancy will be ok.  She pulled the only tango.  People will probably compare the two ATs and Normani's s/b better than Bonner's.  David would've been ok with the only Salsa except he had trouble with last week's lift.  Depends on how large his voting block is as to how TPTB will score him.  Of the 2 PDs, Rashad's s/b better than Nick's but celebs with natural rhythm sometimes have trouble with the PD.

I'm saying the faceoff w/b Normani v Rashad; Nancy v Nick; David v Bonner.  Normani, Nancy and David w/b the winners of the challenge.  Bonner and Nick w/b the double elimination.

37 minutes ago, crossover said:

I think Simone is the only 100% celeb but Rashad would be second on my list.  In fact, I think Simone will get the immunity challenge.  She's getting Charleston where DWTS allows a lot of variation and tricks, which she can do--happy-go-lucky.

I think Nancy will be ok.  She pulled the only tango.  People will probably compare the two ATs and Normani's s/b better than Bonner's.  David would've been ok with the only Salsa except he had trouble with last week's lift.  Depends on how large his voting block is as to how TPTB will score him.  Of the 2 PDs, Rashad's s/b better than Nick's but celebs with natural rhythm sometimes have trouble with the PD.

I'm saying the faceoff w/b Normani v Rashad; Nancy v Nick; David v Bonner.  Normani, Nancy and David w/b the winners of the challenge.  Bonner and Nick w/b the double elimination.

Nick is doing an Argentine tango and Bonner is doing a paso doble...just FYI. 

Nick is doing an Argentine tango and Bonner is doing a paso doble...just FYI. 

Thanks for the correction.  They've always been interchangeable for me.  In fact, I'm surprised they outlast Heather.

Edited by crossover

As much as I like Sharna, I think Bonner should be gone after tonight.

I have never watched any of the Bachelor shows,  so I had no feelings/bias about Nick in this competition and I feel that he is at least improving a little each week and should get at least a little farther.

David, as much as I like his personality, seems to be stagnating and will probably be gone either this week or next. Lindsay isn't doing him any favors with some of the choreography. 

As far as Nancy goes, she just isn't doing it for me. If she is one of the two eliminated tonight, it wouldn't bother me.

Normani and Val. She's a great dancer, but I agree with other people that they need to lose the "show", props, and extra dancers and prove that they can do a good, proper dance without all the extras.

Simone, while technically good, is having trouble connecting with her dances. I can actually see her being a surprise elimination, but probably not this week.

Rashad is pure joy to watch. I hope he wins. 

I feel like the people leaving tonight should be either Bonner and Nancy or, as much as I hate to say it, David.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

David, as much as I like his personality, seems to be stagnating and will probably be gone either this week or next. Lindsay isn't doing him any favors with some of the choreography. 

Yes, she showed a lot of promise with Wanya and Calvin, so I'm disappointed in her choreography this time. Then again, she can't do much else with David except comedy. At least Alek Skarlatos could do lifts.

I think Bonner and Nancy are the ones going tonight. David and Nick probably have a lot of people voting for them.

40 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Yes, she showed a lot of promise with Wanya and Calvin, so I'm disappointed in her choreography this time. Then again, she can't do much else with David except comedy. At least Alek Skarlatos could do lifts.

I think Bonner and Nancy are the ones going tonight. David and Nick probably have a lot of people voting for them.

I don't know.  I think David is feeling done with it and that shows in those quick interview clips the evening entertainment shows air.  If he does another comedy dance I think he will go.  

I would like to see Dave and Bonner go so I am holding hope.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

Simone, while technically good, is having trouble connecting with her dances. I can actually see her being a surprise elimination, but probably not this week.

I agree.  Many viewers, myself included, have gymnast fatigue. 

• Love 3

Nancy is the only contestant with any shot at beating the front runners for the immunity. I think she may be in trouble without it.

I'm hoping there isn't a shock elimination tonight. It's time for Bonner and Nick (or David) to go home. 

36 minutes ago, nic said:

Nancy is the only contestant with any shot at beating the front runners for the immunity. I think she may be in trouble without it.

I'm hoping there isn't a shock elimination tonight. It's time for Bonner and Nick (or David) to go home. 

To have a chance to achieve that she has to go somewhere at the end. Definitely after the favorites.

Anyone knows running order for tonight?

1 hour ago, nic said:

I like shock eliminations if it isn't someone I like!  Normai or Simone going would be a good shock for me.  Just not Nancy. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I like shock eliminations if it isn't someone I like!  Normai or Simone going would be a good shock for me.  Just not Nancy. 

i want the best at the end so i'm glad it wasn't Normani or Simone.

sucks for nancy though. i can't believe bonner survived another week. yikes

• Love 4

Can't find the troupe thread or a thread for Alan.  Just wanted to say that he seems quite subdued since Maks' return.  His smile is still there, but it seems dimmed.  He has got to stop wearing his heart on his sleeve.

(edited)

I think Bonner should have gone before Nick, but from what I have gathered a lot of people don't like Nick from his "Bachelor" days. Having no prior opinion of him, I just saw someone who was having fun, had a good attitude, and was trying his best and improving each week. Also, it appears that Len took some happy pills before the show last night! 

Edited by marykat71702
self-edit
  • Love 2
(edited)

If that happens, Idol wouldn't necessarily have to be on Monday nights. When it was on FOX, it used to be on Tues/Wed/Thur.

------------------------------------------------

Dances for Week 8 (copied from Pure):

According to press release, judges picked the trio members for each couple.

Simone and Sasha – Foxtrot (song: “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction)
Trio with Brittany – Paso doble (song: “Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya)
Phone 1-800-868-3412

Bonner and Sharna – Argentine tango (song: “Believer” by Imagine Dragons)
Trio with Britt – Jazz (song: “That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars)
Phone 1-800-868-3401

Normani and Val – Contemporary (song: “Freedom” by Anthony Hamilton & Elena Boynton)
Trio with Alan – Jive (song: “Feeling Alive” by Earl St. Clair)
Phone 1-800-868-3410

David and Lindsay – Waltz (song: “Humble and Kind” by Tim McGraw)
Trio with Hayley – Paso doble (song: “Gangsta’s Paradise” by 2WEI)
Phone 1-800-868-3404

Rashad and Emma – Jive (song: “Shake a Tail Feather” by Blues Brothers)
Trio with Witney – Argentine tango (song: “Dreams” by Gabrielle Aplin & Bastille)
Phone 1-800-868-3411

Edited by calipiano81
(edited)
1 hour ago, calipiano81 said:

If that happens, Idol wouldn't necessarily have to be on Monday nights. When it was on FOX, it used to be on Tues/Wed/Thur.

Trio with Brittany – Paso doble (song: “Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya)
Phone 1-800-868-3412

Phone 1-800-868-3401

Normani and Val – Contemporary (song: “Freedom” by Anthony Hamilton & Elena Boynton)
Phone 1-800-868-3410

Phone 1-800-868-3404

Trio with Witney – Argentine tango (song: “Dreams” by Gabrielle Aplin & Bastille)
Phone 1-800-868-3411

Serving a fat one right across the plate! Prepare for 10! 10! 10! 10! and lots of crying by CAI

I'm glad to see Britt in that Trio though, (love her!)  I'm in a petty state to get Bonner that mirror ball, who better to help him stomp it out to Bruno Mars....

Edited by Venee
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

Phone 1-800-868-3412

Phone 1-800-868-3401

Phone 1-800-868-3410

Phone 1-800-868-3404

Phone 1-800-868-3411

And the pro chose the style and songs too 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Sstt said:

According to press release, judges picked the trio members for each couple

"Judges" aka producers ;P

I like the mixup though. The world doesn't need another Val/Maks, Lindsey/Witney, or Sharna/Peta trio. (We get it. You're besties. It's boring.) It'll be nice to see them with new people. 

I wonder if Sasha/Simone got Brittany because they decided all the guys available were too tall for Simone? 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

"Judges" aka producers ;P

I like the mixup though. The world doesn't need another Val/Maks, Lindsey/Witney, or Sharna/Peta trio. (We get it. You're besties. It's boring.) It'll be nice to see them with new people. 

I wonder if Sasha/Simone got Brittany because they decided all the guys available were too tall for Simone? 

I'd love to see them bring back former pros to work with. For one week I would think Derek, Mark, Tony, Karina, Cheryl and/or Anna could make time.

I'd also like to see them bring back two pros dancing with each couple. That was fun and different.

12 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

Phone 1-800-868-3412

Phone 1-800-868-3401

Phone 1-800-868-3410

Phone 1-800-868-3404

Phone 1-800-868-3411

i'm assuming that the song chosen by the pros is supposed to represent their partner. in that case, i find Sasha's pick a little boring. he's going to play up Simone's innocence. i don't think it's fake, but it feels very "Laurie" to me. At least she was 16, not a grown woman.

Bonner doesn't deserve such a great trio song. He won't do it justice. At least I'll have 2 good dancers to focus on during this performance. 

I'm most looking forward to Normani's Contemporary, and Rashad's AT.

9 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Ah, that would make sense. The trios hardly ever have same sex celeb-pro because the celeb would be compared unfavorably. About the only one I can think of was Sadie/Mark/Emma, and their claimed reason was that their preferred male pro had already been picked and the only one left was too tall. If the judges picked the trio partners, it opens the door for conspiracy theorists to call foul. But in Simone's case, what would be worse, a too tall man or a comparison to a pro woman?

I am glad they broke up the bestie pairs, though. Keeping it fresh! Four out of five are troupe members, too, so we'll get a better focus on what they can potentially do as full pros.

• Love 1

I've always disliked the trios, particularly the AT ones. At least they don't have that stupid switch-up anymore. Is it gone for good?

Why don't they just go back to couples dancing ballroom and Latin routines alone, without all the extra dancers and dumb gimmicks.

I've been watching all season, but I think I'm skipping Monday's episode. I'm really tired of watching Bonner and David stomp around.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, majormama said:

I am glad they broke up the bestie pairs, though. Keeping it fresh! Four out of five are troupe members, too, so we'll get a better focus on what they can potentially do as full pros.

I so agree with this. The only one I was curious about was Emma since I was expecting the usual Val/Maks, Lindsay/Witney, Sharna/Peta, Sasha/Artem trios. I do wish they'd used other pros rather than the troupe but I'm not one who follows the troupe or thinks they're necessary.

• Love 1

So how many of us, the DWTS audience, are going to cross over to World of Dance (because or in spite of the Derek Hough connection) this summer? I just saw it on the CTV schedule, and I'm at least going to give it a shot, since I'm all here for dance shows that include people who can actually dance. Probably the only thing that might make me less enthusiastic is if the show is too unbalanced towards "street dances" (which I'm usually meh about) and away from "stage dances" (which are my thing).

Opinions? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, surreysmum said:

So how many of us, the DWTS audience, are going to cross over to World of Dance (because or in spite of the Derek Hough connection) this summer? I just saw it on the CTV schedule, and I'm at least going to give it a shot, since I'm all here for dance shows that include people who can actually dance. Probably the only thing that might make me less enthusiastic is if the show is too unbalanced towards "street dances" (which I'm usually meh about) and away from "stage dances" (which are my thing).

Opinions? 

I'll probably check it out but I'm not sure I'll watch. I'm not a fan of SYTYCD.

1 hour ago, surreysmum said:

Opinions? 

I'm watching but I also watch SYTYCD.  I just like watching dance shows.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, nic said:

i'm assuming that the song chosen by the pros is supposed to represent their partner. in that case, i find Sasha's pick a little boring. he's going to play up Simone's innocence. i don't think it's fake, but it feels very "Laurie" to me. At least she was 16, not a grown woman.

Bonner doesn't deserve such a great trio song. He won't do it justice. At least I'll have 2 good dancers to focus on during this performance. 

I'm most looking forward to Normani's Contemporary, and Rashad's AT.

I'm guessing we're about to hear about Normani's Hurricane Katrina experience

42 minutes ago, Venee said:

I'm guessing we're about to hear about Normani's Hurricane Katrina experience

Nope her online bullying she had to face 

On 5/5/2017 at 1:15 PM, Sstt said:

Nope her online bullying she had to face 

ahh I remember some stuff about that. There were some accusations of something racist being said I think? This song is from Django Unchained  so I wonder how they'll tie that in without getting "controversial"

2 hours ago, Venee said:

There were some accusations of something racist being said I think

Unfortunately, it was quite a bit worse than that. I don't remember all of it, but one of the things was that somebody sent Normani a photo-shopped image of herself being lynched.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

Unfortunately, it was quite a bit worse than that. I don't remember all of it, but one of the things was that somebody sent Normani a photo-shopped image of herself being lynched.

God, that's horrifying. Nobody should ever have to go through that form of bullying. That actually might be worse than bullying; that could be very threatening.. even though celebrities are putting themselves out there in the public eye, that doesn't give people permission to be nasty and threatening and hateful, ever.

• Love 6