Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I predict Douglas rats out Thomas and "plays" the truth on his phone.  After all Thomas just got done making a new recording admitting it.  What an idiot.  But first they will drag out the Bridge breakup through the month of October.   I wonder how long they will continue to wear the same clothes this time. 

• Like 5
  • Love 9

OMG. Thomass gets weirder and weirder. No wonder he can’t find a good young woman. He needs to be locked away with his father! Ridge could barely speak to Brooke today. Tell her what you think she did, you jackass!!!

• Applause 2
  • Love 13

It is so weird that Ridge just stood there doing his patented cocker spaniel head-tilt, not saying a word while Brooke was begging him to explain what was going on.  It's also weird that Thomas voiced his disdain for the Logans (to a Logan!) while he's openly lusting after a Logan.  I hope Eric comes to see that when Steffy and Thomas disrespect Donna, they disrespect him by extension. 

Steffy was right, though...Taylor deserves Ridge. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

See, not in any way suprised that creepy Thomas was behind this nonsense, because he has been a creep since he was trying to blow up cars and being inappropriate around women that he is interested in.

Douglas is going to end up having to prove what Thomas has done because unlike his father, Douglas is a sweet and honest kid. In no way does he take after Thomas or anyone else in the Marone side of the Forresters.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

I’ve tried and tried to figure out why Thomass and Slutty are so determined to get their parents reconciled since they are in their late 30’s or early 40’s. And have talked and talked and talked and talked about their epic love story for the ages. If my parents had divorced years ago and remained many times, I’d have moved on way beyond this. Thomass, Slutty, Ridge? Shut the Hell up!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Yes, but viewership doesn’t necessarily mean that fans are enjoying the storyline. I think the posts on this board prove that. I’m just wondering if there are viewers out there that are actually buying this Ridge/Taylor true love stuff and the other stuff that Steffy and Thomas have been spouting. 

Just go to Twitter and check out the replies on any of the show's tweets about the storyline. You'll feel like there's some alternate version of the show that they're seeing. 

All I could think during the past two days of Eric/Donna/Thomas scenes is how Eric doesn't notice how fucking creepy Thomas is behaving. He's all but twirling his mustache. MA is playing him super creepy. 

Taylor gives Steffy this big speech about how "we need to trust" Ridge. Then turns to watch him with Brooke. Yeah, Taylor, that's not actually trust. I mean, I don't blame you for not trusting him, but this is just another example of you pretending to be so virtuous when you're just as much of a schemer as your kids. 

When the truth comes out that Thomas is still a manipulative evil shithead, especially if he manipulates Douglas (or worse) when Douglas is inevitably the first to figure out this crap, Hope had really better forget the casual arrangement thing and get a real custody decision. At some point "it's good for Douglas to have a relationship with his father" needs to take a backseat to that father using and abusing him as part of his various evil plots. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 10

UO, but I'm okay with Ridge & Taylor...no matter how they get together.

As many here have pointed out, Ridge & Brook's love story ended when Ronn Moss left the show (btw, I agree he should have been killed off). IMO, Ridge (as played by TK) and Brook have ZERO chemistry...and not believable at all.

That said, TK's Ridge and Taylor appear to have a lot more chemistry to build on, especially since they're both "new" to their roles...and possibly play out their storyline differently. Worth a shot IMO.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

giphy.gifI

I'm not sure if the question should be what demographic are they writing for, or what demographic is doing the writing, but I feel completely dumbed down. 

A man runs off to start a new life with his ex-wife, and doesn't bother to discuss it, or to inform his current wife. Then that same man is going to act all confused about why his wife followed him on his new life journey. Did I actually hear Ridge ask Brooke what she was doing there? Did I actually hear him tell her to stop protesting? Instead of standing there talking about their love, and how they always work through things, Brooke needs to call a spade a spade. Tell that worthless, waffling, wuss, that the only problem in their relationship is him, and she is tired of working things out. If he wants to be with Taylor have the fuck at it, as she removes her rings and heads back to the jet. 

Of course, that would never happen, what will happen is a repeat of Stepanie's faked heart attack. Ridge will marry Taylor on false pretenses, then, when Douglas outs his father, Ridge will run to Brooke begging forgiveness, and to give him another chance. At least with the faked heart attack SL Brooke did resist Ridge's initial attempts to win her back, but she is such a soppy doormat now, that I have no doubt she will fall to her knees and be praising fucking Allah. 

Eric should have ratcheted Thomas's shit down; he was being entirely disrespectful to Brooke, who is supposed to be Eric's oldest and dearest friend, but also to Donna, who is his current side piece. But no one will call those shitty Tot's on their behavior. 

Thomas is a second rate criminal. Only a dolt would incriminate themself like that. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Applause 8
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

As many here have pointed out, Ridge & Brook's love story ended when Ronn Moss left the show (btw, I agree he should have been killed off). IMO, Ridge (as played by TK) and Brook have ZERO chemistry...and not believable at all.

That said, TK's Ridge and Taylor appear to have a lot more chemistry to build on, especially since they're both "new" to their roles...and possibly play out their storyline differently. Worth a shot IMO.

I would love nothing more than for Ridge and Taylor to stay together and leave Brooke alone and free to live her own life and find a love who isn't Ridge or Ridge-adjacent, but that has never been the history of the show. Happily married to Taylor or not, as soon as Brooke moved on, Ridge always found a way to squelch her happiness.

I'm also not here for the gleeful gloating of the Taytots about their hollowest of victories and trashing Brooke and Hope in the process. 

I don't see any chemistry between KA and TK, but I think that is more TK's issue as he seems to only have had chemistry with Lindsay's Caroline II, Rena's Quinn, and DD's Bill. But I couldn't care less about KA and TK's Taylor and Ridge having chemistry so long as Brooke is free and I only have to see them and their spawn in the smallest of doses.

• Love 15

I know this is a nitpick, but I’m confused as to how the voice altering app works, & how Thomas got it to call CPS, without raising a red flag, in regards to communicating.

I’ll try to explain…if Thomas calls CPS, & someone answers, doesn’t he have to speak into the voice app & then it’ll repeat? 

CPS Worker: Hello, California CPS.

Thomas, into the app: Hi, I’d like to report a child in danger.

Voice app, in Brooke’s voice: Hi, I’d like to report a child in danger. 

There was no delay in the phone call, so unless Thomas anticipated everything exactly as it would happen, or, as I suspect, all aspects of this (case workers, IT guy, etc.) were all fake, there’s no way that it worked like that. 

Yea, I put more thought into the minute details than the writers do. 🫤

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I would think that given the blessing she was given in Finn's being alive, Steffy should be more about peace and love and counting blessings and not being such a witch. Bet she'd be looking for sympathy/empathy from everyone if she knew Sheila was skulking about.

How do Steffy and Thomas think they're done forever with Brooke when she's a) their brother's mother and b) doesn't she work at/own shares of Forrester? Won't she be at the office on a regular basis?  And she and Ridge ain't divorced yet. Brooke could make this hard for him and the Taytots if she wanted to and I'd welcome Rick coming back into the fold to stick to them as well deciding that between Steffy's sporadic presence due to motorcycle accidents, addiction, getting shot, and then recovery and Thomas's varied issues, FC needs more 'stable' leadership and comes gunning for the top job again ;) 

So. Thomas called CPS as Brooke and put his son through an 'interrogation' just so he could put Brooke on the hot seat and nudge Ridge to dump her and reunite with Taylor. Is Ridge gonna be angrier about the mind games and distress Thomas put his son through and that he used his own son to play Ridge or is he gonna be mad Thomas set Brooke up after Ridge already overlooked Thomas keeping Sheila's secret? Can we hope this will be a turning point for Ridge where Thomas doesn't get a pass?

Once it's all out, Brooke need not accept Ridge's excuse of Thomas's interference as a reason to forgive him. Brooke needs to think back to their last divorce and all the crap that has happened with Ridge since then (Katie, Quinn, Shauna, Taylor) and realize that they have their own problems - namely him- and let him go finally. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 15

This show is terrible. It might be cute(ish) if Steffy and Thomas were Douglas' age--then they could have a Full House learning moment when they find out about Thomas using the voice app. But it's just stupid when they are fully grown adults.

• Applause 10
  • Love 8

Ridge, to Brooke, today: "My family. You always understood what they meant to me.” 

As if he doesn't have a family with Brooke as well and a namesake son.

Steffy, to Brooke today, "This isn't about you."

Newsflash, slattern, Brooke is still Ridge's wife. In what universe would this not be about her? 

These two...

ed00f2c7-1d1b-453c-ba0e-96a46d5705c9_tex

• Applause 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, nkotb said:

I know this is a nitpick, but I’m confused as to how the voice altering app works, & how Thomas got it to call CPS, without raising a red flag, in regards to communicating.

I’ll try to explain…if Thomas calls CPS, & someone answers, doesn’t he have to speak into the voice app & then it’ll repeat? 

CPS Worker: Hello, California CPS.

Thomas, into the app: Hi, I’d like to report a child in danger.

Voice app, in Brooke’s voice: Hi, I’d like to report a child in danger. 

There was no delay in the phone call, so unless Thomas anticipated everything exactly as it would happen, or, as I suspect, all aspects of this (case workers, IT guy, etc.) were all fake, there’s no way that it worked like that. 

Yea, I put more thought into the minute details than the writers do. 🫤

This bothered me too. I get how he made the recording but how did he sync it with a live person at CPS?
Poor Brooke. There’s nothing worse than when your stepson frames you by using a voice altering app to report himself to CPS. 
Steffy SHUT UP.  

16 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Teeny bopper Taylor is much more suited with TK than original Taylor and Brooke. I was a fan of original Taylor and RM.

• Love 13

I’ve written before and will write again, this NuTay is so childish and immature and giggly and so wrong to confide in her DAUGHTER about her DAD. This is so inappropriate on every level.  How are we supposed to respect this psycho as a “world renowned psychiatrist?”  She’s also diametrically opposed to the Taylor we all watched for so many years. Why in the world are they writing her this way and why in the world is she acting this role like this?! And she seems to be inordinately enamored of her fake nails filed into spears. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7

Did anyone else notice something odd about the Deacon/Sheila scenes (besides Sheila)?  It seemed liked there was at least one scene missing?  And my memory maybe fuzzy, but I don't recall Sheila and Nikki running in the same circles all that much.

• Love 2

I really, really hate Ridge, almost as much as Steffy. Poor Brooke. Trying to play 100 questions to get Ridge to explain to her what he's so angry about.  It's so unfair. WGAS if the CPS consultant gets fired for revealing a phone call. (I think he's a fake.) It's obvious that Ridge doesn't care enough about Brooke and his marriage to confess to her what he did and let her explain her side of things.

Given that, WHY would Brooke (or any woman) want this creep? Under NO circumstances should she EVER return to that cruel, cowardly POS. Let Taylor and her demon spawn have him.

I did a little research on voice changing apps and from what I read and understood, it's very difficult to make your voice sound exactly at somebody else's -- especially in real time. There are a few apps that have certain celebrity voices as an option, but I doubt that Eric and Brooke are that viral that their voices would be available an option for a voice changing app. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

It is beyond stupid that Steffy and Thomas keep insisting that Brooke has been constantly hurting Ridge and bringing drama into his life especially these last few years.

Last time, I looked Ridge is the one who has been sticking his tongue on multiple times with multiple women (Quinn, Shauna, and Taylor). He went off on a bender and "got married" in Vegas with another woman

In this past year, Brooke has done NOTHING to Ridge meanwhile his creepster son and Steffy cannot shut up about Brooke's supposed crimes. Brooke had sobriety messed with and had Thomas fake a call to CPS after creepily making threats to her waving a knife. Ridge has hateful children and he frankly deserves to spend all his time in their hateful, horrible company.

• Applause 9
  • Love 5

Why do the writers focus solely on Ridge, Stuffy and Thomas when they have so many other characters to write for?  I want to see $Bill, Eric, etc.  Other characters are only trotted out in relation to this insipid Ridge/Taylor story. I only watch the show every few weeks because the only storyline moves so painfully slow.

• Applause 4
  • Love 9

How big is Deacon's closet? Sheila hasn't repeated an outfit. I know, I know...I'm focused on the wrong thing. But it's not as if the story has moved along. 

Now she's dickmatized? And they're stealing product from the place he works?  Oh no, Deacon..you in danger, girl. 

Steffy is just...insufferable. Her miraculously alive husband could've been shot, strangled, drowned in all the time she spends away from home or calls to check in with him.  Sheila, could you stop.playing house with the Karate Kid and go snatch up a grandson? Just so these people would have something else to talk about. 

Speaking of Sheila, seems Thomas suffers from the same pathological need to gloat or get credit for what are SUPPOSED to be "secret" nefarious deeds.  You do know what "secret" means, don't you, Thomas? 

And I think his latest mustache twirling confirms, his fixation is actually Brooke. And Hope is just an obsessive  byproduct.

What's with all of Thomas' button down shirts having the shoulder strap/buckle things on them? 

Lastly...serious WTF??  with Othello randomly popping out from behind a tree and spying on..who? 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9

Othello being stealth is the best. I’m hoping that he returns from Aspen, & leaves the rest of those jackasses there. 

Someone is reading these boards. I just mentioned the intricacies of the voice-changing app yesterday, & they explained it (sort of) in the same episode. I’m going to start my B&B Christmas wishlist, just in case.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, smartyshorts said:

Lastly...serious WTF??  with Othello randomly popping out from behind a tree and spying on..who? 

In his defense, the Forresters had been running him ragged doing airport runs back and forth. Rather than call it a day he knew that with Brooke, Ridge, AND Taylor up there that he was going back to the airport soon. The Forrester pilot is probably doing the same thing waiting at the airport thinking 'I ain't going all the way back to L.A. just to have to turn around again to fly back.' 

6 hours ago, jqdeco said:

Why do the writers focus solely on Ridge, Stuffy and Thomas when they have so many other characters to write for?  I want to see $Bill, Eric, etc.  Other characters are only trotted out in relation to this insipid Ridge/Taylor story. I only watch the show every few weeks because the only storyline moves so painfully slow.

Yup, they seem to do stories in multi-week blocks. Trust me we'll see Liam, Hope, Thomas taking over our screens in their story soon enough.

But the show has been curiously focused on a very narrow group. The show has loads of potential story on tap: We could've gotten Wyatt and Flo's build up to their wedding/maybe concerns about having kids with her one kidney/them getting a surrogate who wants to take over her life and seduce Wyatt or Katie/Wyatt sparks happening again so you have an unexpected triangle.  Maybe just as Donna and Eric are settling in she gets word that her teen granddaughter Rosie arrives on her doorstep seeking refuge from Amber which cramps Eric's empty house style and also brings Justin back on the scene to play grandpa. Bridget is on canvas doing nothing when she could be batting her eyes at Bill or having challenges with her hot teen son Logan who is struggling with coming out to his family.

The show has the basis for some great storytelling with characters on canvas but remain obsessed with ToD and ToD2.0.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

OG Stephanie loved to come at Brooke and punch her in the gut when Ridge dumped her, so it looks like her namesake is following in her footsteps. But it doesn't come off the same way to have a youngster disparaging a woman who helped raise her. Brooke needs to find something.........anything that would give her the chutzpah to slap the taste out of some Tot's mouths. I am so over this wimpy, whiny, forgiving, accepting Brooke. This is far more an assassination of character than Deacon, or Oliver, or anything else Brooke may have ever done. 

Show needs to switch some gears, give us something new and fresh; something exciting. You tease us with Bill and Li, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of them in weeks. Instead, we get two past middle-aged teenagers chasing each other across the mountains in Aspen, as their grown ass daughter watches and takes notes, all the while reporting back to her equally grown ass brother. Is this supposed to be entertaining? Cute? Supportable? Hardly, it is embarrassing, and quite frankly, insulting to those of us who have been long term fans, and have stuck with Show through so many horrendous SLs. 

How about something featuring SP's? How about they take some of the available funds from losing RS, DR and KB, and invest in a new competing fashion house? How about more Bill and Li, maybe some Katie and Carter? Bridget hasn't been seen in months. Bring back the legacy, trophy son that Brooke and Ridge tried to have for years. They could bring back the alphabet son at the same time and let him rock his father's world. Why not let Brooke, who has always been the centerpiece of the show, have a SL with some fucking meat? Let her tell that worthless waffler to enjoy his new life as she steps out on her own. Then, after being single for a while, bring back Dr. Vincent and let them hook up. 

They just released season 10 (1996) on YouTube, and I have been binge watching. There is so much going on, with Brooke and Grant, the men's line, Grant and Michael, James and Sheila, James and Maggie, Clark and the thugs who want him to destroy Spectra, Jessica and Sly, and it just goes on and on. And what are we getting today? Bill senior must be absolutely spinning in his grave. 

I also have many questions about the whole voice app thing. I am an old school girl, who knows computers, and hardware, and software, but is entirely lost with gadgets and handhelds. I guess my biggest question is if Thomas called CPS, that would have been on their direct office line, so how did a random employee get it on his cell phone? I could possibly see it if there had been a heads up about what Ridge and Thomas wanted, but I did not see that. The guy acted shocked and surprised they wanted him to let them hear the call, so then, does a government agency's phone line link to all their employee's cell phones? No, I don't think the guy worked for CPS at all. I mean seriously, does Thomas keep tabs on all FC's ex-employees? He just knew this guy and asked him to help him for some sum of money, just like he paid the "agents" that came to the house. I think Donna is going to be the one to ferret out the truth. Maybe she will go to the CPS offices to confront the guy and ask to hear the recording and will find out he doesn't work there, which will send her on a mission to out Thomas. All I know is I don't want to watch Thomas abusing and terrorizing Douglas again. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

This show would be somewhat more bearable if the show actually acknowledged how repugnant the entire Tridge Mafia actually is. Listening to a whole family of cheater,liars,and murderers, passing judgement is too much. Have the Tridge Mafia be the Bold equivalent of the Dimera's and Cassadine's...a creepy criminal family that everyone is rightfully leery of.

• Applause 4
  • Love 5

It's been bugging me that Thomas used "Brooke LOGAN" as the identifier, and not "Brooke Forrester".  Is this how his ruse is going to be found out? I feel like this is an episode of Murder, She Wrote. (RIP Angela Lansbury!)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Oh, Brooke, come on, you no longer have the "but I don't want to upset my husband" reason to not tear that bitch to pieces. How did you miss the chance to go off on her instead of letting her sit there and gloat? And "this isn't about you, Brooke"? Because, of course, as always, it's about Steffy and what Steffy wants. 

And, of course Ridge didn't say shit to Brooke before he went to get Taylor back. What if he told Brooke he wants a divorce, then went to Aspen, and Taylor had somehow managed to hold onto that tiny fragment of self respect she was trying to cultivate last week and turned him down? Can't cut one loose until he knows the other one is in place. Seriously, of all the shit Ridge has done, this would, if I was Brooke, be the straw that broke the camel's back. He just flies to Aspen and tells Taylor he wants to spend his life with her without saying a word to his wife about ending things?  And he's too much of a wimp to tell her why? Even if you accept the "oh no, the former FC employee could lose his job" thing, he can still say to Brooke "I know for a fact that you made that call, and you lied to my face when I asked you about it."  Forget her being one of the great loves of his life, he doesn't have a thimble full of respect for her if this is how he handles all of this.  And then he has the nerve to stand there and tell her how much he will always love her. No, asshole, you don't. If you had any love for her, you would be honest with her, and you would have told her before you left for Aspen. Instead, you flee like a coward and then act like she's out of line for coming after you to find out what the fuck is happening. 

Deacon, oh, honey. No. Now you're all schmoopy with Sheila? And you're OK with her stealing from your job, creating even more risk for you? I was rooting for you to form some kind of family with Hope and the kids, but now I just want you to skip town with Sheila (and a kidnapped Hayes), and I hope that Hope doesn't keep giving you chances. I can see why you were freaked out initially when you were put on the spot and feared you'd be seen as guilty if they found her in your apartment, but, come on. You've had time to think. Time to find a lawyer and get their help. After you had your scare with Hope showing up and seeing her in your apartment, you should have been out. 

Has there ever been a less climactic reveal than Thomas faking the CPS call from Brooke? Was there a viewer out there who hadn't figured that one out already? 

I'm so looking forward to watching the life drain out of Ridge and Finn as they end up stuck in 24/7 "we're family!!" celebrations with Steffy, Thomas, and Taylor, complete  with Steffy giving nightly toasts to "we're family! And we're together!" 

• Fire 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, KnightStorm said:

Well Bell....if you wanted to wipe out even the most diehard Bridge fans...you may well have succeeded. 20221013_195241.thumb.jpg.55ec7b50753b288c40f8e29e7d0e5167.jpg

She’s basking in the afterglow. Or is that the Crisco rubbing off on her?

He looks like he’s already regretting this. 

You made your bed, Sludge. Enjoying lying in it with your giggling world-renowned idiot. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

No B&B for me today because of the hearing. Seems like Ridge has wasted no time jumping into bed with his latest true love. I could probably support this relationship if Ridge wasn’t written as such a mega douche waffle. If this story had been written as a true epiphany for him that he was still in love with Taylor in a way that we could all cheer for them I think we’d all be on board. I think this absolutely could have been done without piling on Brooke as the bad guy. Instead, he’s just once again being immature and running from Brooke because he’s mad at her for a reason he won’t even tell her about. I agree with all the posters who said Brooke needs to move on with someone new. He is undeserving of being in a relationship with anyone. 

• Love 14

Well...now I know why Steffy shows such little interest in Finn. Apparently all of her "interests" are in getting her parents laid🤮. Brooke needs to be glad she's away from that perverted family...and just focus on taking Ridge's stock.

Edited by KnightStorm
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Katie was spot on “Goodbye Bill.”  

Yep Ridge is looking remorseful already, YAY!  Looks good on him FFS!

Please don’t have Brooke seek comfort in Bill as we know Ridge will only use it against her as soon as he finds out the truth about Thomas.  Sick of this merry go round and rebound shit.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Katie was spot on “Goodbye Bill.”  

Yep Ridge is looking remorseful already, YAY!  Looks good on him FFS!

Please don’t have Brooke seek comfort in Bill as we know Ridge will only use it against her as soon as he finds out the truth about Thomas.  Sick of this merry go round and rebound shit.

Right? Bill telling Katie he wants her back, her saying no cause of Brooke and where does he go? To Brookes to prove her right.

Ridge running off to Aspen telling Taylor he is all in, convincing her to get together with him and already Ridge is looking forlorn.

• Applause 5
  • Love 7

I try not to be shallow, I really do, but showing that flashback from 9 or 10 years ago, does TK no favors. Dude looks like he has aged 20 years in that timeframe. 

Bets on how Thomas gets caught? Or, do we just all know it’ll be the only person in BelLA with any sense, Douglas, who inherited the $pincer intelligence.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

When this whole sorry story gets found out and Thomass is sent away to the nut factory (hopefully) I truly hope that Brooke finally throws the greaser to the curb. How many times is he going to throw their relationship away over some nonsense that could be solved with a conversation? He doesn’t deserve you, Brooke, and he’s boring as hell. And the writing on this show is abysmal.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8

Is there anything creepier than lighting sex candles for your parents?  As soon as I saw Taylor walking in and seeing the candles, I knew for certain that there was no way Ridge had set that up for her. That was all their creepily inappropriate daughter. And of course she wasn't leaving because she misses her kids and husband (who just got back from the fucking dead). Nope, she wanted to leave so mommy and daddy can bang. Ick. Ick. Ick. I'm kind of surprised she didn't set up a webcam in the bedroom so that she and Thomas could pop some corn and watch the playback when she gets back to LA. 

Confession time - while I am intrigued by the Bill/Li possibilities, I'm also a huge sucker for the the chemistry between DD and KKL. So, I'm torn. If the show was really going to commit to it this time, and not fuck it up like they did with the stupid building, I would absolutely want to see Brooke/Bill. But, if they're just going to have her dump him after 10 minutes when they find out Thomas made the CPS call and Ridge comes running back, then no, because then when he does move right on to Li, it will kind of linger over that pairing like it's a rebound. Either way, though, they really need to stop having Bill beg Katie to get back together. It's so clear that, while he does love and respect her, it's not in that way. She's just comfortable to go back to when he's feeling lonely, because they have history and a child together. I hope Katie finds out he went right to Brooke this time and it reinforces for her that telling him goodbye was the only move she could make now. Although now it looks like they're going to move her right in to being Carter's "love the one you're with." HT has such limited availability that they should just bring on a short term character to sweep her off her feet and then whisk her away. Katie can pop back in for visits here and there.

It feels to me like the show has changed direction on multiple pairings over the past few months or so. It seemed like they were positioning Deacon to be with either Brooke or Taylor, whichever woman didn't end up with Ridge, and now he's involved with Sheila, and that stupidity should keep him from being a viable possibility for either woman. It seemed even recently like they were contemplating actually going with Hope/Thomas, even if just for a short time, but I think they're speeding up the "Thomas is still evil" storyline. And Bill/Li seemed like a given right after he helped her rescue Finn, but that feels up in the air to me now. It seems like they lost interest in writing for Li once she served the purpose of getting Princess Steffy's husband back to her. Maybe she'll get some more air time once Sheila inevitably kidnaps Hayes? 

What's the over/under on how many times we're going to see flashbacks of Thomas using the voice app to mimic Brooke's voice before he's finally busted? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

HT has such limited availability that they should just bring on a short term character to sweep her off her feet and then whisk her away. Katie can pop back in for visits here and there.

Like Wyatt.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I’ve been burned too many times with Brill, so I won’t let myself get sucked in again. We know Sludge will come crawling back when the truth about CPSGate comes out and, fool that she is, Brooke will take him back. 

I should absolutely know better, but I just love them so much. Also, I feel like being with Brooke will keep Bill on our screens. I don't think he'll get much screen time, beyond initially getting together, if they pair him with Li. 

Of course, in my dreams, when the truth comes out, Brooke tells Ridge to go fuck himself for not even trusting her enough to talk to her about the call. And then we get the Spencer and Logan families uniting to take the Marone-Forresters down. 

Related - something that really, really bugs me is how Taylor's family are "the Forresters" and Brooke's family are "the Logans."  Both of Ridge's families are "his Forrester families," because being his family is what makes them Forresters. Brooke is marred to a Forrester. Three of Brooke's four kids are Forresters. Brooke's sister is involved with the head of the Forrester family. Hope's son is a Forrester. They're not outsiders in the family. So why is Taylor a Forrester and Brooke isn't? Steffy's "real Forresters" bullshit is ridiculous, because it's not the Forrester side of her family that has an issue with the Logans. The Forrester side of her family loves the Logans. This is a Hayes vs. Logan situation. (I know Hayes isn't actually Taylor's maiden name, but the show seems to have forgotten that).  That just worked my last nerve when I was reading a spoiler article that was referring to Taylor and her brats as "Ridge's Forrester family." 

Also, since I know I'm not likely to get much of what I want out of the way this all plays out, can I at least have one little thing - I want Taylor to go off on Steffy after Ridge dumps her to go running back to Brooke. Because you know that the first words out of Steffy's mouth are going to be "you need to go after him and stop him! You belong together!" I so badly want to see Taylor to tell her to shut the hell up, and that it's her 24/7 pushing that led to her being in this exact position. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

Steffy: Dad loves you. You love Dad. You’re meant to be together. Brooke has betrayed him over and over for years. She doesn’t deserve him but you do because you’re a world renowned psychiatrist. Dad loves you. You love Dad.”  Repeat for weeks and months every single damn day. Oh well, Steffy. Your balloon is about to pop.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
On 10/11/2022 at 9:10 AM, Angeleyes said:

I don’t follow any other B&B accounts or boards. Are there any fans actually enjoying this storyline and caught up in the “romance” [gag]? I’m not understanding who the writers are writing this for. 

I post on Reddit and barely dip my toe on Twitter, and short answer: no.

Longer answer: The Thomas stans hate it because he's once again being made out to be the bad guy to supposedly prop Brooke, many of the Tridge fans are not happy that she can't Ridge's full attention and the Steffy fans are wondering why they haven't seen her with her husband that came back from the dead. Even Brooke haters are pissed because this means at least another few months of her crying over Ridge and most would just rather not see her at all.

The reason I'm so scarce here these days is because there isn't one solitary thing that's enjoyable about this show, not even in a trainwreck love to hate it way or the Awful Idea But Great Execution way that AN gave us with the Beth story. If not for Star Trek, I'd have deleted P+ ages ago over the Eric ED thing, and while I still maintain that it's by far in the top 3 worst stories ever, at least it was shocking and new.

As someone pointed out elsewhere, even other big, historical triangle in soapdom has been allowed to die. Ashley and Jack haven't been issues in Nikki/Victor's toxic relationship at any point in the 21st century that I can recall, as one example. They're one of two couples I hate more than Bridge 2.0 but they at least have new conflicts than the ones they had in 1982 or 1993 or 2007.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 10/14/2022 at 1:46 PM, nkotb said:

I try not to be shallow, I really do, but showing that flashback from 9 or 10 years ago, does TK no favors. Dude looks like he has aged 20 years in that timeframe. 

I can't believe he's already been playing Ridge for nearly 9 years at this point but yeah. I see older clips and while I think Thorston Kaye was horribly miscast, I can kinda see why the guy had fans who had initially been excited for him being brought onboard.

I have no doubt he's talented by what good is that talent when he's only ever given one emotional beat to play off of? Dude is even more of a sourpuss than Katie ever was which is so criminally out of character for Ridge and was one of his genuinely few good traits. It's a shame he's never allowed any levity.

• Love 10