Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Paris is quite the adept little brown-noser, no? 😐

Now Brooke is trying to make sure Quinn doesn't get a divorce settlement from Eric. Does her vindictiveness have no limits?

And Brooke is quite the mean little gossip, no? Hilarious of her to call out someone's morals. 😐

Yeah, no, I'm gonna need Eric, Ridge, and Brooke to stop sticking their noses in Carter's private business. They don't own him. You'd think their lives are empty and they don't have anything else to worry about.

Lol, it's terrible that Paris has been living in hotel? Half of Genoa City--including former FC employee Sally Spectra--lives a hotel and they act like it's perfectly normal.

Moving in with your boss and her young children. What could possibly go wrong? I don't like this turn of events but I'll hold fire for now.

One last time. Sure, Jan, er, Quinn. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Are they intentionally torpedo'ing Brooke here?  She's been so blatantly, over the top obnoxious that I can't think of a better explanation.  Nothing she does gets to show any nuance or perspective BC she has to be shown as a complete hag, and I hate it.  

I've only been watching for a few years or so, so I guess it's possible this is some reversion to old behavior?  But Brooke from 2016 or so until now, whatever her other flaws, wasn't like this.  

KKL's delivery of the Carter "sticking it" to Quinn line, though....🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Did anyone else catch Carter’s line to Eric yesterday that he was not fully dressed because since he was working from home he had wanted to exercise and (looks at Quinn) it was a good time to “get it in”. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I say....what goes on here?

Quinn, having moments of self awareness? Acknowledging that she destroys lives, and will destroy Carter's as well? 

Steffy being nice, and offering a homeless Paris a play to stay?

Three grown ass people sitting around the office talking about another grown ass person's love life? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Why on earth does Paris consider herself homeless?!  She should make enough money to pay for a place to live and why didn’t she take over Zoey’s.  She is not part of the Forrester family by blood or marriage IIRC so why is Steffy even getting involved….are they chem testing Finn with Paris now?  Another snooze fest?  Finn is just plain boring and don’t think his parents arrival is going to up his game.  

• Love 10
(edited)
21 hours ago, RuntheTable said:
21 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

But this is exactly how Brooke operates.  She's rarely malicious but she's almost always inconsiderate.  She wants what she wants and never stops to consider the people she's going to hurt on her way to her "destiny"

Absolutely. Brooke is incredibly selfish when it comes to her own happiness, and will hurt those she loves to achieve it. Having said that; It would be hard for me to drum up a lot of compassion for Steffy, if indeed that is where we are going, given the many horrendous things Steffy has done to Brooke and her extended family over the years. Additionally, it is time for Brooke to get back to her roots, and stop being Ridge's door prize. 

That's exactly where they are going with this, poor princess Steffy being targeted by an evil Logan. But this time there is a twist. It's actually kinda true for once lol. Steffy has almost always been a thorn in that family's side, (mostly Hope's) and through revision of history she got sympathy before even as the perennial instigator. Now it's gonna increase ten-fold since that she's an actual "victim" of a Logan this time. But oh well the train has left the station. This was kind of happening even before ToD. There isn't really much wrong with Brooke wanting to be CEO seeing as how she was wrongfully pushed out of the position last time but her timing is inexcusable. She could've & should've done this in 2000's before or shortly after Hope, Steffy, etc got SORAed. Or even the 2010's while Steffy was distracted with making Hope's life a living hell every other month. 

This SL would be decent if there were actual characters involved and not hollow, stupid for the sake of the plot, plot devices. If Brooke hadn't forgiven Felony then she could use Flo( & Zoe too) being able to get a job at Forrester after everything she's done to Steffy & Hope under Steffy's watch as valid grounds to take over. Anyone opposing could be seen as siding with Beth's kidnapper(s).  But that would require decent writing and consistency something that B&B writers lack apparently.  

16 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

And Carter has Mickey Mouse ears. 

🤣🤣🤣 He really does tho omg 💀

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Why on earth does Paris consider herself homeless?!  She should make enough money to pay for a place to live and why didn’t she take over Zoey’s.  She is not part of the Forrester family by blood or marriage IIRC so why is Steffy even getting involved….are they chem testing Finn with Paris now?  Another snooze fest?  Finn is just plain boring and don’t think his parents arrival is going to up his game.  

Could a "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" be in the works? She seemed to linger hugging Finn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Coming in to be that bish early in this fine morning to say I called it like nine months ago:

On 10/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, Carter is definitely a buttaface in my book. His body is fine (if a tad overdeveloped) but those ears make him look like a distant relative of Mickey Mouse. 😼

I think it was mostly in reaction to the things being said about Zoe's looks but TBF I was never much a fan of Carter. The only reason I'm in for him now is because of Quarter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Quinn, having moments of self awareness? Acknowledging that she destroys lives, and will destroy Carter's as well? 

Won't last. This show pivots on character revelations all the time. 

Also when she actually, sincerely apologizes to people that she hurt, kidnapped, raped, and tried to murder (i.e. Liam) then I may care if she's happy or not.

59 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Could a "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" be in the works? She seemed to linger hugging Finn.

I am so down with this except for the fact it's make another black woman look nutty.  Then again she does share genes with Zoe who is also a nutter so she comes by it honestly.

So let me get this straight -

Paris works at FC in a job that can't be paying peanuts but is living in her car/hotel.

She couldn't take over Zoe's lease?  Zoe couldn't front her money to help her (Okay, this I get if Zoe was pissed about Paris knowing about Quarter and is freezing her out).

Paris is also seeing Zende,  who is living at Forrester mansion with a crapload of rooms and a pool house and a guest house.  Logically, you'd think he'd offer her lodgings there.

But noooooooo.

We have Steffy and Finn offer her a room at Steffy's cliffside home.  Huh?

You two just had a kid, recently started co-habiting and are about to get married. WTeverylovingHell are you thinking?

Also, Steffy, you do recall this girl's father stole another child and sold it to you. No reservations about that when she sings so beautifully to your child?

Steffy, you have your loft with the bathtub sitting around. Why not offer her that rent free?

Finn, you moved out of wherever you were living to move in with Steffy. Why not offer that space to Paris for a short amount of time?

Or Steffy move in with Finn and let Paris stay at the Cliff House. It'd piss me off that Lope are still living in a dump and not that cool house but he was dumb enough to vacate it so....

I'm not getting B&B's angle with this nonsensical moving in Paris with Sinn.  If it leads to some fresh craziness not Lope related I guess it could be cool.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Won't last. This show pivots on character revelations all the time. 

Also when she actually, sincerely apologizes to people that she hurt, kidnapped, raped, and tried to murder (i.e. Liam) then I may care if she's happy or not.

I am so down with this except for the fact it's make another black woman look nutty.  Then again she does share genes with Zoe who is also a nutter so she comes by it honestly.

So let me get this straight -

Paris works at FC in a job that can't be paying peanuts but is living in her car/hotel.

She couldn't take over Zoe's lease?  Zoe couldn't front her money to help her (Okay, this I get if Zoe was pissed about Paris knowing about Quarter and is freezing her out).

Paris is also seeing Zende,  who is living at Forrester mansion with a crapload of rooms and a pool house and a guest house.  Logically, you'd think he'd offer her lodgings there.

But noooooooo.

We have Steffy and Finn offer her a room at Steffy's cliffside home.  Huh?

You two just had a kid, recently started co-habiting and are about to get married. WTeverylovingHell are you thinking?

Also, Steffy, you do recall this girl's father stole another child and sold it to you. No reservations about that when she sings so beautifully to your child?

Steffy, you have your loft with the bathtub sitting around. Why not offer her that rent free?

Finn, you moved out of wherever you were living to move in with Steffy. Why not offer that space to Paris for a short amount of time?

Or Steffy move in with Finn and let Paris stay at the Cliff House. It'd piss me off that Lope are still living in a dump and not that cool house but he was dumb enough to vacate it so....

I'm not getting B&B's angle with this nonsensical moving in Paris with Sinn.  If it leads to some fresh craziness not Lope related I guess it could be cool.

It's plot contrivance at its not-so-finest.

IIRC, Finn also had a house on the beach, which isn't surprising as he's a doctor in LA, so yes, they let Paris live there. Or Steffy's loft? Or did Rick take that over as his hideaway pad when he was seeing Maya on the sly while still married to Caroline?

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Why? Zende is hot. Finn is not.

Don't tell the #Sinn folks that. 

Also, your point makes sense, which is exactly why they would go there. God knows they love their triangles. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, CountryGirl said:

Don't tell the #Sinn folks that. 

I have to say, Liam apparently has done a number on the Steffy fans (well, almost all fans) that Finn and Sinn are being embraced so hard, LOL.  Objectively, Finn has no real character, shows no spine where Steffy is concerned and Sinn speed rocketed their way to married couple with a child status with her not meeting his parents and her still not even a year out of recovery for her drug addiction.  They're a hard sell as a couple to invest in and believe in for the long haul and yet the power of the Waffle has made them a #1 couple. 

The actor is nice and cute but are you really telling me that if Liam were missing/presumed dead and not on the show that people would be pushing Sinn so hard?  Please. They'd want her away from this drip and bedding Bill or a aged up and recasted Deacon Sharpe Jr in all his adult bad boy fine glory.

• Love 5

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I've got it!!

Please, Show, please!  Let stupid Eric and Ridge get rid of an (apparently) very lucrative part of their company out of spite (!), then Quinn can start her own company and hire Carter to run it!!

Then those two grown-a** adults can be together in love and business, and  we can watch Forrester heads explode!!🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

That is what has always perplexed me. Why did the writers decide to pair Steffy with such milquetoast men? I get that initially the Liam obsession was just an obsession, then progressed to a "stick it to the Logans" ploy, mainly spurred on by Steffy's nutcase mother.

Finn seems even more of a mismatch. And I hate this redemption of Steffy. That "what's mine is yours, etc." speech to Paris* (complete with hug) yesterday was so disingenuous. No matter how much they tone down Steffy's makeup, dress her in neutral conservative clothes and whatnot, she's still that raving bitch on wheels in my mind.  The writers can't erase the past, although they try to on a daily basis.

I would rather see Steffy written still as bad to the core and she really needs to be paired with a peer. I always wanted to see her have a fling with Deacon. Talk about heads spinning! I would even go for a Still redux, but the writers ruined that with Bill becoming such a creepy needy stalker. During Still 1.0, I couldn't take the pairing seriously because Steffy was so young but now, that she's *matured* and has some business experience and parenthood under her belt, it could work. 

*WTF would a 20-something want to live with a boring engaged couple with a newborn and toddler? Isn't Paris the head of the FC foundation? So, she was to be pulling down some major coin, at least to stay at a decent hotel until she found her own place. I also never knew Paris lived with Zoe. I always had the impression that they each had their own apartment and if Zoe as a lead model, surely she had a nicer place than a dump overlooking a convenience store. Also, that must have made for some tense living during the days when Zoe was ordering Paris to leave L.A. Such poor continuity in storytelling. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Why would Steffy want her nosy annoying employee staying with her and her famIly? Is Paris going to fall for Mr Boring?
Eric is creepy when he’s on Carter’s case. Carter needs to resign. He needs to tell Eric the truth. Quinn has moved on from his elderly balls. Eric and Ridge are on the dumb side. They could surely collaborate with Kay jewelers for designer shark necklaces.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I've only been watching for a few years or so, so I guess it's possible this is some reversion to old behavior?  But Brooke from 2016 or so until now, whatever her other flaws, wasn't like this.  

Yes and no. Her nature is such that she does stupid shit without considering others (ie, this CEO business) but to be this aggressively hypocritical and mean isn't on brand. Before this past week, the most intentionally spiteful thing I could recall from Brooke was her sending Macy and Deacon (both recovering alcoholics) a drink for having removed her from FC with her grandson's shares. Given she'd just lost her job, I can't blame her too much on that one.

6 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Eric is creepy when he’s on Carter’s case. Carter needs to resign.

Seriously. If Eric wants to be mad, then fucking say the shit with your whole chest. But this whole stalker-y shit while also being done with Quinn doesn't work. I don't WANT to root for Quinn in this because she is the fucking worst, but Eric is not making it easy.

• Love 9

WTF was Felony doing at Spencer Publications? I thought she had some “job” at FC. 🙄

Maybe The Partly Open Door will make an appearance at Steffy’s house and Paris will overhear Finn and his parents talking about something 😦😯🤭

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Eric are you that forgetful?  You say that your not interested in his personal life and not more than a second goes by and you want him to stay away from Quinn. Quinn is Carter’s personal life.  I have to say that Carter made a good business move keeping Quinn’s line but it could have been a better move for Quinn if the line was terminated from FC. If terminated, Quinn could have picked up the contracts on her own and sold them once again under her own company. Quinn is the designer not FC. 

Paris acting all sweet and cutesy is giving me the shits. Paris is now going to forgo her job and help Stuffy and Finn out as much as she can but didn’t say whenever she can.  I don’t think Paris is leaving anytime soon.  Stuffy, Paris sings lullabies like Beyoncé. Is Stuffy that stupid or just hard of hearing after her accident. Paris sounds like a cat in heat next to Beyoncé. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I don’t think Paris is leaving anytime soon

I don't mind this so much because everyone else on Show truly sucks, but they need to find something for her to do besides replace Katie as the show's buttinski and singing hooks.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

OMG those horrible lime green nails on Paris today!  Those should be considered weapons especially around a baby!

I guess it hasn’t crossed Steffy’s mind that it was Paris’s father that started the ball rolling on her getting and losing Beth!  GMAB

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

OMG those horrible lime green nails on Paris today!  Those should be considered weapons especially around a baby!

I guess it hasn’t crossed Steffy’s mind that it was Paris’s father that started the ball rolling on her getting and losing Beth!  GMAB

Why should it cross her mind?  It’s all about the benevolence of Paris and her rise to being the next best thing since sliced bread. To me, Paris is just another Buckingham opportunist.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I don't mind this so much because everyone else on Show truly sucks, but they need to find something for her to do besides replace Katie as the show's buttinski and singing hooks.

Recast RJ, pair him with Paris where he's a stuck up college kid that wants to prove his worth to socially conscious Paris. Get him in a triangle with his cousin Zende.  Also have RJ want to work at Spencer Publishing since he's a 'journalist' to Ridge's shame.

Or bring back Nicole who wants Zende back along with Sasha and Maya so we can have the Avant sisters front and center and bickering.  Have Sasha looking at Thomas again (and maybe he's trying to kick his Hope addiction so he really does try with her) or maybe she's sniffing around Zander only for it to be revealed that Zander is Maya's son from when she was Myron.

Oh, uh, Paris...yeah she can fit in here somewhere as battling for Zende only to fall back on Zander when it doesn't work out.

OR maybe Paris was a baby her father stole and ended up keeping and she's not actually Zoe's sister but a long lost kid of someone else's kid on the show...maybe Quinn? That'd be interesting that they have to become Mom/Daughter after Paris torpedo'd Queric.  And hey Wyatt would have a cool sister!

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Zende, you better come get your girl. Just sayin'. 🙄

Sure hope Quinn stopped off and took a shower before she went to Wyatt's office. The way Carter was sweating when they hooked up, she might have been carrying a lingering telltale odor, lol.

Ridge, MYOFB! Glass houses, jerkface. 🤨

It was sad to me how hard the writers are trying to make Paris' suddenly moving in with Steffy and Finn seem perfectly normal and funny. News alert, you fools: it's stupid and clearly a hamfisted maneuver to create senseless drama. 😒

Quinn, the last person you want to be talking your personal business with is Flo. Odds are she'll be telling Brooke, Katie, and the Forresters everything you said if she thinks it'll score her some points.

Aw, Carter's looking out for Quinn's livelihood. And it's guaranteed she's going to repay the favor generously. In bed.

Steffy mentioned missing her friends. What friends? Have we ever seen one?🤔

AYFKMWTS?!!!??? Comparing those noises Paris makes to Beyonce?!!!?? TPTB better hope the Beyhive doesn't watch B&B because I think they just insulted Queen Bey big time. (Seriously, the actress who plays Paris should've made them change that line. I'm sure she knows better even if Brad Bell apparently doesn't)

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

To me, Paris is just another Buckingham opportunist.  

I....wouldn't go that far, TBH. From what I recall, Steffy and Fin volunteered to let her stay there, she didn't ask. She's a sickly sweet Pollyanna for sure, but she's so far done nothing  in the same ballpark of those two. Mileage carries, of course.

Although, given that she's currently dating Zende (....I guess?? I haven't seen him in months?!), I dunno why she wouldn't have asked him first. It smells like a setup for yet another triangle, to be honest, because if even golden girl Brooke was never fully allowed out of that circle of hell, I doubt Steffy will escape either.

57 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Steffy mentioned missing her friends. What friends? Have we ever seen one?🤔

No one has had real, organic friendships since about June of 2003, when Darla jumped on Thorne's dick, got pregnant and Thorne fixed his lips to ask that Macy adopt the baby. He was damn fortunate Macy ever gave him a 2nd chance in the first place when Brooke wasn't even the first time he'd stepped out on her.

But yeah, they gotta stop acting like these ppl have this whole circle of friends, because no one does. At best, there are unholy alliances that end once another penis gets involved. Ho hum.

2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Or bring back Nicole w

NO.

As horrid as this show is, we do NOT need that character back. She was Paris with an even bigger entitlement chip and Zencole is still one of the dullest pairings ever, surpassed only by studio mandated Sinn.

I'm down with the other ideas, though.

• Love 9

Man, I regret saying that this show was better than Y&R a little while back.  

All of the stories going on right now, you can see exactly where they're heading a mile down the road, and (to my liking, anyway) none of it is good.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

How is that Paris’s fault? 🙄 Steffy should have made sure Felony Flo didn’t get a job at FC. She was a partner in the original crime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Speaking of which, since it appears we're headed for another round of Logans Did My Pampered Ass Dirty in the near future, I sure hope that when Steffy will put "selling me a baby under cause pretenses" comes up before the  "Daddy wubbed Brooke more than MEEEEEEEEEEE!" rant.

With a bonus firing once she gets her seat back and she starts scrubbing FC of the Logan presense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I....wouldn't go that far, TBH. From what I recall, Steffy and Fin volunteered to let her stay there, she didn't ask. She's a sickly sweet Pollyanna for sure, but she's so far done nothing  in the same ballpark of those two

It almost feels like a Fear Thy Roommate scenario. But Paris isn't the crazy one, Steffy and Finn are.

Terrifying Trick Or Treat GIF by Cameo

• LOL 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

How is that Paris’s fault? 🙄 Steffy should have made sure Felony Flo didn’t get a job at FC. She was a partner in the original crime.

Steff and Finn do not know enough about Paris’ background and should be vetting her before moving her in.  

Yes, Steffy should have nixed Flo from Forrester and her house.  The nerve of Flo dropping in with Wyatt to ogle the new baby is unbelievable.  Flo has no conscience about who got directly hurt by her actions and it was an unforgivable crime.  The Logans most of all were #1 on the hit list losing Beth and never should have brought Flo in.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 9
On 7/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, JNavarro said:

Are they intentionally torpedo'ing Brooke here?  She's been so blatantly, over the top obnoxious that I can't think of a better explanation.  Nothing she does gets to show any nuance or perspective BC she has to be shown as a complete hag, and I hate it.  

Actually, she's starting to act more like Stephanie back in the day. Brooke was always thoughtless, but she was never quite the self-righteous buttinsky she's become lately.

Speaking of which, has she given any reason as to why she would appoint herself to take over Steffy's job?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Squick, squick, squick.......

I was squirming on my couch watching yesterday's show. 

There are only a few things I hate in this world, with animal/child abuse heading up that list. But another thing I detest is referring to someone in the third person when they are standing right there. It is rude and condescending. And what do we get? Eric and Ridge having a full blown conversation about Carter, and all I am hearing is "He this" and "Him that", never once referring to the man by his name. And then Ridge's casual intrusion into Carter's personal life, insinuating that Carter owed him some explanation about a dress he saw on Carter's couch during the video call. Also infuriating, was the abrupt end to the "audience" as Eric had to go to a meeting, and Ridge very cattily says "I'll walk you down" and breezes by Carter like he wasn't even there. The entire scene set my teeth on edge. This new dynamic with these three is not working. 

And all that gush, gush, gushiness going on over at Cliff House? None of that shit makes any sense. I get that Paris maybe wanted to move into better digs, but there were a thousand and one other options than her bunking down with new mommy and daddy, who just became engaged. It is weird and so out of the friggin blue. Paris was such a promising character, but it seems they have been lost on what to do with her. Show just flies by the seat of it's pants so much in today's world. Why not vet a character out before introducing them? Why not have a plan for them? Because this shit is so stupid. 

Then we have Quinn, freshly fucked and glowing, going to visit her son and his horrid fiance. No, Wyatt, mommy doesn't owe you any explanations about were she has been. Geesh, butt the hell out people!

Doesn't that fucking bitch Flo have a job a Forrester Creations? Then pray tell why she is hanging out at Spencer Publication's during working hours? 

19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I have to say that Carter made a good business move keeping Quinn’s line but it could have been a better move for Quinn if the line was terminated from FC. If terminated, Quinn could have picked up the contracts on her own and sold them once again under her own company. Quinn is the designer not FC. 

While the jewelry line would never have the impact of BeLief, this could sort of smack of how that all went down. Maybe there will be something amiss with Quinn's contracts; giving her some rights to something at FC's? The whole issue with BeLief was that Brooke was the developer not FC's, and even though she was their employee, she was not under contract. I definitely have my doubts about Bradley being able to pull off anything coming close to the awesomeness of the fight for BeLief SL, but it would sure be more interesting than most of what we are getting. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 14

Interesting observations and I am very happy to read all of them because being stuck at home for six weeks SUCKS! I agree that having Paris rooming with Sinn is odd and the "friendship" with Steffy and Paris seems so forced. Aside from FC and pricey handbags, they appear to have very little in common. Zende is pretty dull, but he's 1000x more exciting then Finn. And I see no spark of anything with Pinn, but as we've all noted, that actor only seemed to show any potential in the scenes where his IRL wife stood in for JMW.

Anyway, I see little bits and pieces that the writers have thrown out that if cobbled together could make a decent story. 

Since it is now public knowledge that TK is planning to take some extended time off for a family vacation, perhaps Ridge is going to be sent to International to resolve some crisis. (Gee, maybe he can have a fling with Zoe while he's abroad.) Eric and Ridge and Steffy (begrudgingly) agree that Brooke will step into Ridge's co-CEO role while he is gone so that Steffy can have a proper maternity leave.

When Steffy is ready to return to work full-time, she and Brooke battle it out for the co-CEO position. Eric and Ridge are put into the difficult position of trying to choose between wife/ex-wife and daughter/granddaughter. Brooke wins, but Bridge is strained (again).

Bitter Steffy and shunned Quinn join forces and create a design/jewelry company with Carter as the CEO. They try to lure Thomas away from FC and he has to make the difficult choice to stay at FC in Ridge's shadow, but being loyal to HFTF OR jump at the chance to be lead designer at the new fashion house. (This would be a great time to bring Sally back, but we can't have nice things!)

Brooke, eager to get rid of Thomas, all but pushes him out of FC and promotes Zende to HFTF lead designer. The new position and responsibility consumes Zende's life and Paris feels neglected. Steffy is busy building the new company, so Pinn spends more and more time together. (Yuck and Yawn.)

Justin has already laid the groundwork to step in at FC, so he seamlessly moves into Carter's old COO position.  Let the games begin! I'm down with some dynamic DD/TK/AS scenes.

Battle of the bottle blondes (hand raised here with my highlights!) as Donna and Shauna fight over Eric. (I would be down for that!) Bill is the "consolation prize."

Flo gets run over and dies when a stolen car chase crashes into the outdoor patio at Il Gardino where she is waiting for Wyatt to join her for lunch. (Points if the perp was a friend of the late Vinny.) Katie, who has finally dumped Bill after he ends up with either Shauna or Donna (hey, that rhymes!) reunites with Wyatt over their shared "grief."

See, that only took me about 10 minutes and didn't cost CBS/Bell one cent. I swear that all of us in this group could write better SLs than the hacks already on board.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

No, Wyatt, mommy doesn't owe you any explanations about were she has been.

If only he had this energy when Liam was missing and he suspected Quinn was behind it....and maybe didn't until *after* the wedding to investigate 😐

• Love 5

You’d think Steffy would have some snark for Flow. Like “Keep an eye on the baby in front of this one”  But for some reason all she did is completely forgiven and forgotten.  Will she have an affair with Liam at some point? Everyone loves Liam.

Brooke needs to mind her business about Quinn’s jewelry line. She cheated on Eric too long before Quinn did. It’s laughable how judgmental Slutty Mcslutterson  behaves.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Flo (which yes, why aren't you at FC, doing the job that was handed to you on a silver platter because Storm made the foolish choice to despite sperm in Shauna some twenty-something years ago) being all in awe over Wyatt chewing someone's ass out over the phone is eyeroll inducing.

Even more so when she's praising for him for threatening to have him call his daddy to handle it. 

Yeah, he's a real stud, that Wyatt.

Quinn, don't worry, no one will recognize you at all with those big ol' sunglasses on.

But the smile on Carter's face is pure magic.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Is Carter afraid to look for another job?  Or is he so used to asking "how high?" when Eric says "jump!" that he's gotten used to it.  Also, I don't understand why Quinn would even want him to keep working for her ex-husband.  One would think they'd want to cut ties with Forrester and start anew somewhere else.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I had to laugh once again when Ridge holds Carter harmless by insisting that Carter did us a favor in showing who Quinn really is. Hey Ridge, did Bill do us a favor by showing who Brooke really is?  

Think about Flo whatever you want but Flo and Wyatt are a lot less boring than Finn/Stuffy, Brooke/Ridge, Liam/Hope, and Paris/Xende.  But, for me, there is absolutely no boredom with Quinn/Carter.  

Quinn doesn’t need FC as much as FC needs Quinn. So STFU Brooke and take a spoon full of castor oil with your meds. 

Brooke says that Quinn is incapable of loving anyone but herself but Brooke is capable of making love to anyone she wants.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

This Quarter conversation today was everything.

They are kissing because they just can't seem to stop and at this point? Why should they? She and Eric are divorcing, Carter is single, and Eric and Ridge and Eyes-On-Your-Own-Paper Brooke have no say anymore.

Quinn pulls back with a groan, "You have no idea how much I want to keep kissing you right now." Oh, I think he has some idea, Quinn.

On that note, Carter, a twinkle in his eyes says, "I think I do. I think I have a good idea..." He moves in to kiss her again. "It's safe, Quinn. We're alonnnnne." He is adorable when he's being naughty and she loves it.

Quinn: "No, it's not safe." But her smile belies her words and she can't seem to stop touching him. "Because one kiss is going to lead into another into another." 

2USJHqyR?format=jpg&name=900x900

LET IT!

She continues: "We both know what's gonna happen."

YUP.

SO AGAIN...LET IT!!!

Quinn: "We have to be strong." While she rubs his muscular upper arms. Heh. "We have to avoid this desire and temptation. I'm trying to protect you." Her protectiveness is something new for her and they both know it.

Carter, who is clearly a big boy, is loving this all the same. "And I'm thankful. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. To forget about our connection."

Quinn: "I know it's hard. But we have to do this, we have to forget about our connection. There's no other choice."

Carter is skeptical: "And what if I can't?"

Quinn, almost maternal with her sternness here: "You have to."

He sighs but pulls away then, saying "You're right."

Quinn: "I know, I'm always right."

A smile is shared between them.

Quinn: "You have a huge future at Forrester Creations. I'm not gonna let you ruin that. I mean, look! They need you there. Eric was gonna throw away my jewelry line, which would have been a huge financial loss to them. But you talked them out of it. See?"

She touches his arm for the briefest of moments before pulling back like a child whose touched a hot stove.

Quinn: "And thank you, by the way. You know that line, it's like a second child to me."

Carter, softly, "Yeah." Then, "That's why I fought so hard." For her. "I was determined to get Eric to change his mind."

Quinn sighs, runs her hands through her hair, "Carter, Carter, Carter. I am so bad at expressing emotions. I mean, especially vulnerable ones." And here we go, folks, as Carter stills to listen. "I'm really good with anger and cyncism. I mean, I have got those down pat, but gratitude and affection....it's not in my wheelhouse." And yet it is with him. 

She continues: "But with you...oh the way you look at me with those eyes." And how she likes the woman she sees reflected back at her. "Your calming touch and your sweet voice...you have to know the effect you have on me."

I love how he just listens to her throughout all of this and lets her have her say. 

Quinn: "I've walked into every relationship in my life, ready for battle." And that is most telling of all. And to be sure, some of that was her doing, but not all. "You know, locked and loaded. I had my fists up, my chin up. But with you, I just wanna lay down my sword. I feel so free to be me." I don't know that any man has ever made her feel this way, although of them all before Carter, I think Deacon came the closest, although even he didn't see quite this vulnerable side of her.

She grimaces here, throwing her hands up as she exclaims, "Ooh! Ahh! I'm going on and on about emotions." A protective device she throws up and I do wish they would delve into her childhood more. "You must be grossed out. I'm sorry." She turns away and Carter looks at her, an "are you done yet?" look on his face.

E6__BYgXIAE3tD2?format=jpg&name=small

Carter: "You see me going anywhere?" Just that quiet reassurance makes her turn back around and she's still on quicksand and fearful of having revealed too much, bared too much of the soul even she has questioned at times if she has. But he's coming closer now as he says, "I'm where I want to be. Right here." He locks eyes with her. "With you.":

She looks at him, still a hint of wariness in her eyes, but wanting to trust, to believe all the same.

E6__BWLWUAcHLV9?format=jpg&name=small

Carter: "You may think you don't show emotions, but with everything you said...when with everything you've said, I've known it. I've seen it in your looks, in your smile, when we're alone, wrapped in each other's arms, and I feel the exact same way. And I've never felt this way before."

Oh, Quinn's face here. She is just gorgeous.

E6__BbVXIAEN5yC?format=jpg&name=small

He smiles here and man, it's like he's in my head from the other day as he asks, "Is it love? Is it lust?" I don't think either of them quite know the answer to that, although my money is on it's a healthy dose of both, which is fine in these early days. And how refreshing it is to see Carter not instantly declaring love as he has been wont to do in the past.

You can see the change in Quinn, the light in her eyes, and the love for him, too, as she links her arms around his neck and smiles, saying: "I think it's just us. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

Their lips meet again as if to punctuate the amazing scene. 

E6_89MCXsAAqeQm?format=jpg&name=small

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

There’s so much innuendo on the show now that I hear it even when it’s not intended. Carter said, “Quinn, it’s so hard…”. I’m sure there was more to the sentence, but I was laughing so loudly that I didn’t catch it.

Just the sight of Brooke is annoying the crap out of me. But none of that compares to the complete and total contempt I have for Flo.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 7/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, Waldo13 said:

had to laugh once again when Ridge holds Carter harmless by insisting that Carter did us a favor in showing who Quinn really is.

LOL WHUT

hzxzuYgsCXICXYCZ2CLr9PlhbmnRABY0yEnnQ1e5KAs.jpg.4a819dfcf11c351ec8250de2e6b8ef78.jpg

I thought Ridge had sought out to do that ages ago. You know, until she made his dick hard and he was like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it.

What I miss on this show most--behind coherent stories and dialogue that gets recycled more often that cardboard--is the lack of any character willing to drag the Forresters for the hypocritical crybabies they are. We had Bill but he's mellowed out and before that there was Nick, before he too was ruined. We need people to be true outsiders of the circle again.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:52 PM, CountryGirl said:

And how refreshing it is to see Carter not instantly declaring love as he has been wont to do in the past

Okay, I'll give the writers one (1) credit for this. I'll take any character growth I can get these days.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:26 PM, Crashcourse said:

This show is so trite and boring, the only thing that would interest me at this point is if Brooke and Quinn got into a knife fight.  I would be down with that.

Since Brooke is going full Stephanie these days, maybe she can re-gift Stephanie's gun she was given in '05 to Quinn! Complete the circle, Brad! 🤣

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

This show is so trite and boring, the only thing that would interest me at this point is if Brooke and Quinn got into a knife fight.  I would be down with that.

I can see it now. Quinn forges her own knife and Brooke counters with a sharp tongue. 

• LOL 6

Quinn's wearing the same dress she knows they saw, but she is wearing big sunglasses and parking 2 blocks down.

Brooke needs someone to remind her of who she is and was. All her stone throwing at Quinn when she's done worse.

She's an idiot saying Carter should tell Eric to make the jewellery line go. Carter is COO before divorce attorney. She wants Steffy's job but throws away millions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4