Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Have Bill smell blood and come circling around FC - have him make Eric an offer he can't refuse (literally - Eric hates the guy, force his hand and let's see some conflict!). If the boys can't work together to run the family business, why not bring in an outsider? I don't know how that could actually work out in the end but I would love to see Don Diamont and John McCook butt heads again, it's been too long. 

Didn't Bill buy it outta some revenge for Bill Sr. back when he first came on?

I'd personally prefer another, outside entity owning FC, however, and Bill stir things up from the outside as his father did. The character relation pool is a bit too shallow these days.

• Love 1
In any event, it means Maya's won

I dunno about that. Rick is still married and there's no guarantee that Caroline will roll over and give him a quick and easy divorce. Meanwhile, Maya's taking a man on the rebound and Caroline's sloppy seconds. I fail to see why Rick is considered such a prize but I guess the Forrester name is a strong aphrodisiac.

• Love 1

Didn't Bill buy it outta some revenge for Bill Sr. back when he first came on?

Yeah, that's what I meant about getting them butting heads again. It'd never happen, but boy wouldn't Eric's blood boil - Ridge & Rick's constant fighting ends up losing them the company that he worked so hard to establish and build up, and lose it to Spencer of all people! A girl can dream.

I dunno about that. Rick is still married and there's no guarantee that Caroline will roll over and give him a quick and easy divorce. 

I hope you're right, Joimiaroxeu.

• Love 1

If they go classic soap 101, Rick will bang Maya and have immediate regrets, go back to Caroline and try to work things out from his new perspective while Maya ends up preggers, but that's been done to death so hopefully they'll go a different route.

• Love 1

If they go classic soap 101, Rick will bang Maya and have immediate regrets, go back to Caroline and try to work things out from his new perspective while Maya ends up preggers, but that's been done to death so hopefully they'll go a different route.

Well, that might've been a tiny shadow of an anvil dangling over Rick's head today when he randomly said about his marriage, "Thank goodness we didn't have a child!" So either Maya will get preggo from the revenge sex OR it'll be Caroline and Rick will believe Ridge is the daddy (with Maya planting that idea in his head). Which actually could be interesting.

• Love 3

Well, that might've been a tiny shadow of an anvil dangling over Rick's head today when he randomly said about his marriage, "Thank goodness we didn't have a child!" So either Maya will get preggo from the revenge sex OR it'll be Caroline and Rick will believe Ridge is the daddy (with Maya planting that idea in his head). Which actually could be interesting.

Either way could be interesting.  But what I think will happen is that because Caroline admitted boundaries were crossed (that they ONLY kissed);  Rick tends to believe the notions planted by Myrna (Ridge and Caroline did the nasty).  So if Rick sleeps with Myrna, it's because he believes his wife has already soiled the marital bed.  

I think Eric may just hand over FC to Rick and it will be with the stipulation that he work on his marriage to Caroline.  That he needs to forgive her and that he needs his wife by his side, and after realizing that in fact it was a few stolen kisses, he can and should forgive Caroline.  After all how many times did he and Stephanie forgive each other of the very same things?   Rick will concede and attempt to put his all into the marriage and then.....Myrna will come to him saying "SURPRISE!  We're pregnant!"  

Rick will be in a very awkward position and that's when Caroline will turn to Ridge who after showing restraint and trying to get Caroline out of his mind will finally go for it and Caroline feeling completely justified will succumb to what she too has been wanting! 

• Love 6

God Im hoping Rick was too drunk to get it up and just past out instead. Then Myrna letting him think they did sleep together cause I've been wanting a Forrester/Spencer heir forever so Myrna getting a baby instead would piss me off to no ends. Hate the character and dont like the actress as is I dont need another reason to hate her.

Edited by PoiPounder
  • Love 4

I didn't enjoy Maya/Rick but loved Eric, Ridge and Caroline.  Nice to see TK awake finally.  Was beginning to think I'd hallucinated the memories of how good he could be after seeing him with Brooke and Katie.  

Hope and Carter seem to have a nice, low key chemistry.  I still don't like her but she's not quite as annoying in scenes like these.  ETA:  Hypocrisy factor aside.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 4

Catching up on yesterday's episode...wow! Until today, I was never sold on JY as Rick, but this was by far some of his best acting to date. The whole scene from Rick calling out Ridge and Eric for sleeping with Brooke to Ridge calling him out on Phoebe and Steffy both (the first time the latter has ever been referenced since the recast) to Caroline saying it's not about that but their betrayal. Best scene on the show since Stephanie's death. Nice use of a flashback that didn't have scenes from Friday's episode.

Hope can go take an NFL stadium's worth of seats. Kids should be seen and not heard.

As for Maya, I'd love it for Amber to appear out the blue and Rick takes up with her over Katie 2.0. If it weren't for Quinn filling the crazy billet on the show, I'd fully support her going psycho...which is where I thought TIIC were going with the reveal of her dead baby, false prison sentence, ect.

• Love 1
I don't know if I can properly process today's episode just yet, except that I did get a little - little - laugh out of Hope unfollowing Caroline's social media account to "hit [her] where it hurts". But Ridge shushing Caroline, and Eric & Ridge yelling, and Eric pulling Ridge away from Caroline, and all of the CaRidge stuff, it's all just blown my brain.

I know what you mean St3phForrester; I found myself rewinding and watching several scenes yesterday, and didn't delete the episode...just in case. I must express how surprised I am that the show is holding my attention without Brooke, but it seems they have pulled out the big guns to cover KKL's absence, and they are doing a bang up job. That was some powerful stuff between Ridge and Eric yesterday; I can only think of a few times I have ever seen Eric go at Ridge that way, but when Eric gets his angry voice going, Ridge always sits up and listens. I also must express my surprise that I am warming up to Thorsten Kaye. Something about this whole SL arc; starting with him not being able to draw to now, has started to win me over. I can't quite figure out exactly what it is though. As I watched Eric yell at Ridge yesterday; it seemed real, something about TK's reactions came off right to me. He seemed like a son who was hurt by his father's harsh words. And he seems different around Caroline. Almost sheepish, like a little boy with his first crush. I nearly peed my pants when Eric left the room, and Ridge and Caroline were alone. Man, that left me wanting more. I was gobsmacked when Ridge apologized to Caroline, and said he never meant to hurt her. Yeah, Ridge has said that before to Brooke and Taylor many times, but again, coming from TK it felt real. And once again Linsey Godfrey brought her A game. No, she didn't say much through the first set of scenes, but she didn't have to. It was her whole demeanor; words weren't necessary. Then when she and Ridge were talking, I could see and feel her confusion about her feelings. Why would she ask, or even care, if Ridge had been playing her if she loves Rick and wants a future with him? Oh, something tells me that Caroline wants something entirely different, but can't admit it, and that question was to test the waters. Let's see what happens after Ridge breaks the news to the Beribboned One. If this doesn't open Katie's eyes to the fact that she and Ridge started their Revengemance (love it!) for all the wrong reasons, and that he doesn't really love her, that he was only trying to hurt Brooke, then I guess nothing will.

I find it very telling that Katie is more upset about Caroline being more in tune with Ridge compared to herself, than she was when this creep when flying off to the Middle East to meddle in Brooke and Bill's business.  That mess should have raised all kinds of red flags.  Snatching Brooke's engagement ring off her finger and marching to Bill's office and insisting that Brooke was not going to marry him?  Another red flag.  That conversation Katie had with Donna should have taken place months ago.  So, it tells me that one thing.  Katie wasn't that angry with Ridge at that time because he accomplished the one thing she really wanted--Brooke and Bill not getting married.  Mission accomplished. 

That really says it all about this mess with Ridge and Katie. Hopefully, these recent events will bring an end to what has possibly been the worst pairing the show has ever had. 

For Pete's sake Maya, could you have given Rick five minutes to process and grieve? And I was rewinding during these scenes as well because I was having trouble correlating what was being said to what actually happened. 

Rick - "this is where it happened; where the deed was done"

Maya- "you had a right to know!" with appropriately innocent doe eyes

WTH? Where what happened? 

Maya - "this is all Caroline's fault, she only thinks of herself and wants what she wants. I can see why you fell for her and chose to marry her over me"

Again WTH? Rick knew and was involved with Caroline long before Maya made her appearance, so I don't see how Rick could have "fallen" for Caroline since he was already involved with her. 

And geez-a-peeza, could Maya have looked anymore like the Queen of the Damned about to suck the life right out of Rick? Seriously, this wanton doesn't just want to be with Rick, she wants to friggin possess him. And tomorrow, when Rick wakes up, and sobers up, he is going to feel like so much crap. Revenge sex is never the answer, particularly revenge sex with the person who orchestrated the rift in your marriage. I know Caroline was wrong to be kissing Ridge (no I don't really), but they called a halt to their "collaboration", and they never crossed the line; Maya is the one who blew the whole thing out of proportion, and continues to encourage Rick to believe that sex was involved. Dignity indeed.

I am liking Hope so much more these days; please keep her away from Liam and talking to other folks, and arguing with Quinn. 

Best lines of the week:

Eric as he closed the door to talk to Ridge and Caroline alone "I didn't want to say too much with Maya in the room". HA! I guess not if you don't want it tweeted out to the whole fucking population!

Hope - "I just unfollowed her; gotta hit her where it hurts"

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4

P.S. Caroline needs a major hair cut. And what happened to all the nice clothes she used to wear?

And Rick seriously needs to grow up. Yes, Caroline was totally wrong and stupid to succumb to Ridge's lips, but it was a few kisses. They did not have sex. He needs to back away from Miriam. She's too stupid to realize it's just revenge sex. Ew.

And once again Linsey Godfrey brought

Yep, she's been doing fabulous work lately. If TPTB were entertaining making the KM the star of the show in KKL's absence they're surely reconsidering now. I think there are leagues of difference in acting ability between the two young women and KM mainly succeeds as an ingenue because she has half the cast propping her character.

• Love 5

One of the things I loved about LG's performance yesterday was when Ridge said that they weren't doing "that" anymore and Caroline got flustered, dropped her eyes and said "I know" while instinctively crossing one arm across her body to protect herself.

Actually, I also thought that Karla Mosley was really good in that last scene.  The way she steeled herself to declare her love and then the way she basically clung to Rick; her desperation was palpable.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 2

That wall of smug is about to be wiped off her face and if loving that is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

I have never found Katie so smug and hateful as she has been this week, trying to convince Ridge that SHE knows his true, inner self, and that SHE understands him, and how he would NEVER take advantage of Caroline because he's SUCH a good man. Bitch, please. I can't wait for the reveal!!!

P.S. Love love love 'wall of smug'.

So many great posts and points made about these last few episodes.  I have to agree about TK though,  WOW!   I never had a problem with Ron Moss..he was Ridge to me, because I have never known any other.  That said,  TK has started to really take the character and make him something deeper, much more real than just the cartoon playboy that I have always loved to make fun of.   TK is showing layers of conflict with Ridge that I never saw with RM's Ridge.

As RunTheTable said, that scene with Ridge/Caroline after Eric left them, was everything to me.  It truly gave me the FEELS!   The way Ridge freely ran his eyes over Caroline when she wasn't aware and said  "Rick won't let someone like you go"    *Weak at the knees*    and telling her that in the car on the way home  that he couldn't get the smell of her hair out of his head.  *Faint* 

But the kicker was when he said he never meant to hurt her and he actually got misty eyed and a lump in his throat.   TK. Brought. IT. 

I have always loved LG, and anytime she is on screen I am immediately fixated on her acting.  Everything she does to me conveys an emotion.   I hope Bradley Bell appreciates her and continues to give her amazing story, she has truly brought out some superb acting in JY and TK.    

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 7

I love how *taking off the wedding ring* is just like *putting the condom on* when it comes to letting it be known that sex with this (soon to be divorced) person is now possible. 

B&B is like- "ring is off! awww snap someone's ready for sex with someone other than their legal spouse!" lol

Loving every minute of this though. We talked here a while back about how much more drama is inherent when you give relationships time to build. When the writers let viewers get invested in a stable relationship it makes it that much more entertaining when the couple starts having issues down the line. This is really good stuff.

*Speaking of... oy Rick, I hope you protected your swimmers. This chick is playing for keeps.

Edited by luvlee2003
  • Love 6

I have only read the recap and must say: before i was totally against Caroline and Ridge because it was too incestuous, he's old enough to be her daddy to me. But after yesterday's episode and reading what happened today, I'm ready to give it a go because Rick is just being a douche. Katie is working herself into a tailspin -- again. Does she know how stupid she is wearing that fucking string like a 14-year-old girl having her first crush?

So I say, do you, CaRidge, or whatever the kids are call you these days. Then I hope Rick suffers so much when he realizes what he's done/lost and totally rejects Myrna, which I hope will leave her wishing for Quinnsane to stab her in the heart with one of those sword necklace thingies. 

Bravo, writers! Whoever is working on this needs to throw a little magic at the people writing the stupid Dope and Foolers (still love that name) storyline.

• Love 6

. If TPTB were entertaining making the KM the star of the show in KKL's absence they're surely reconsidering now. I think there are leagues of difference in acting ability between the two young women and KM mainly succeeds as an ingenue because she has half the cast propping her character.

All of this. I had no interest in propped characters and pre head-bonk Caroline was no exception. Now, I'd put her right above Jennifer Finegan as one of the show's best young actresses ever to set foot on the show. It's a shame she wasn't cast as Hope, because she definitely could have hekd her own had TIIC been willing to explore the Hope/Bridget dynamic and build on thay history.

Maya - "this is all Caroline's fault, she only thinks of herself and wants what she wants. I can see why you fell for her and chose to marry her over me" 

Again WTH? Rick knew and was involved with Caroline long before Maya made her appearance, so I don't see how Rick could have "fallen" for Caroline since he was already involved with her. 

Also, this. The "disappointment" Maya spoke of was Caroline thinking she was going to get a nice dinner date, then being told the two of them were working in the scullery. Spoiled Manhattan princess or not, that definitely deserves at least one night on the couch in my not so himble opinion. It certainly never justify Rick's cheating and I'm still baffled to this day why Caroline went to the lenghts she did to keep him.

• Love 2

The writers finally give me the Rick I've been craving for and they saddle him with Myrna for it, UGH. I really need Rick to wake the fuck up cause Rick and Myrna are the definition of anti-chemistry and Karla is just not good. She only has 2 facial expressions. Myrna is a total psycho and no doubt once Rick wakes up she's either gonna try to kill him or Caroline.

• Love 4

Bravo, writers! Whoever is working on this needs to throw a little magic at the people writing the stupid Dope and Foolers (still love that name) storyline.

It has to be a different set of writers doesn't it ? They give me almost nothing to make fun of.

Ridge better cough up a ring now.

I died when Maya came down the steps in that robe.  DID SHE JUST RAID BROOKE'S CLOSET?!  WHO'S ROBE IS THAT?!  This chick is on the stalker train.

OMG! She totally went through Brooke's stuff and Rick didn't even care.  Then her giant head popped up behind Rick when he was talking to Caroline. I laughed and laughed. Comedy gold...

• Love 7

Screw you!   (I laughed.)

All this storyline is missing is a dynamic actress playing Maya.  As is, it makes many viewers wonder why on Earth Rick would choose her over (a Ridge-tainted) Caroline?  I can't find a single thing she does well as an actress.

Katie has every right to be upset, but her screeching will make it awfully easy for Ridge to slide closer to Caroline.

• Love 1

As RunTheTable said, that scene with Ridge/Caroline after Eric left them, was everything to me.  It truly gave me the FEELS!   The way Ridge freely ran his eyes over Caroline when she wasn't aware and said  "Rick won't let someone like you go"    *Weak at the knees*    and telling her that in the car on the way home  that he couldn't get the smell of her hair out of his head.  *Faint*

But the kicker was when he said he never meant to hurt her and he actually got misty eyed and a lump in his throat.   TK. Brought. IT.

YES!!!! to all of this!!

• Love 1

So Maya was fantasizing that last scene, right? Right? Because Rick was acting so weird and Caroline was as well.  Not that I know them all that well but still it seemed off to me.

I feel sorry for Katie and yes, Katie a lot of people think your ribbon is silly.  Not to say she doesn't deserve this but she has been cheated on before and she didn't deserve it then, no matter, it still hurts.

Ridge is really bringing it.  Caroline, too.

I haven't missed Brooke at all nor Dope and the Foolers.

• Love 2

Did Eric say "duplicitous"? Someone's been in a thesaurus! I'm disappointed that he was returned today to the talk-to character for Caroline and thought he was being a little hard on her, given his own sordid history - I would have liked to have seen him counsel her instead of just telling her there was nothing she could do. He has a right to be upset, I get that, but surely he could see that Caroline was stressing out and needed someone to listen to her and tell her it wasn't the end of the world.

I'm glad Katie finally addressed the string thing. It's satisfying to hear characters in-show talk about things we've been wondering about in real life.

And echoing the applause for TK, he played the "whoops I've been caught" jawn well today.

I love how *taking off the wedding ring* is just like *putting the condom on* when it comes to letting it be known that sex with this (soon to be divorced) person is now possible.

I doubt anyone in Bell-A has ever heard of a condom. You'd think a community full of unplanned children would be more invested in the safe sex message - the only character I can think of who has been pro-active in the contraception department is, funnily enough, Eric.

I died when Maya came down the steps in that robe.  DID SHE JUST RAID BROOKE'S CLOSET?!  WHO'S ROBE IS THAT?!  This chick is on the stalker train.

I can imagine Maya looking through all of Brooke's stuff upstairs - playing dress-ups with all the beautiful dresses and fancy jewellery, trying on all her perfumes, using all her bath soap and not cleaning the hair out of the drain afterwards. Didn't she also make breakfast? She would have had to have a taste of everything, just to make sure it was still fresh. How long has Brooke been gone for? Surely her fridge isn't still stocked from when she left. Is Donna staying there? Wasn't Bill living there too? Did anyone call the cops after hearing Rick smash all the windows in the cabin? How did Maya even get in the main house??? So many questions!
  • Love 2

Oh man I can.not.wait  until Bill finds out about all of this.  He's gonna really want to stab himself with his wee sword when he finds out that Ridge has had his lips on his precious niece Caroline and that Ridge was presumably just using her.   If Ridge decides to show Caroline his etchings...er drawings *wink*  then the shit is gonna hit the fan fast! 

I too felt for Katie,  I think she really believed Ridge was different and would never betray her. HT played it well, you could see the kick in the gut when he told her he and Caroline had kissed.  She tried to rationalize it at first, but as it sunk in that there was more behind it and she couldn't explain it away, I felt myself get a little pity for her.  She has been loyal no matter what.   

Oh Myrna....Myrna....such a cheap trifling little skettle.  This chick really has no shame huh?  She really had the audacity to go into Brooke's home like it was hers and rifle through the closet.  Oh and that sashay down the stairs like she was the new lady of the manor.  Bitch really does envision that it's all gonna be hers one day.  Pfffft.  Girl please.   Rick is running off of anger and the image of what he thinks happened between Caroline and Ridge right now,  but when he calms down and realizes that he is in fact the one that crossed the line much further with Myrna, he's going to regret it big time.   Will it be too late?  Will Myrna feel the wrath?  

• Love 4
So Maya was fantasizing that last scene, right?

I hope so because otherwise she looked completely insane simpering down the staircase like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard.

Then her giant head popped up behind Rick when he was talking to Caroline. I laughed and laughed. Comedy gold...

I think the only way it could have been better is if after popping up she wiped her mouth. Yeah I went there.

Myrna is a total psycho and no doubt once Rick wakes up she's either gonna try to kill him or Caroline.

They better hide the bunnies too.

• Love 4

Tonight, I was bored at a concert and a string fell off of my scarf, so I decided to see if I could tie it in a bow around my finger. I could, but it took way too much effort. Day 3 and that thing would be in the trash.

• Love 7

I died when Maya came down the steps in that robe. DID SHE JUST RAID BROOKE'S CLOSET?! WHO'S ROBE IS THAT?! This chick is on the stalker train.

On it? Lol, more like driving that that bad boy all the way to Obsessionville: current population 1. And ew for her making herself at home at Brooke's place like she belongs. Just ratchet.

That said, the current storyline with Rick/Caroline/Ridge has me riveted.

P.S. - Katie's line today about maybe needing to tie a ribbon around Ridge's...finger to remind him not to fall for his muse was pure gold. That little hesitation before she said 'finger' had me rolling, because it was obvious that was not the appendage she was really talking about. We'll played, HT.

• Love 11
Katie has every right to be upset

Sure she does.

What she doesn't have is the right to the self-righteous anger that will undoubtedly ensure. Even before Caroline was a gleam in Ridge's eye, it's been pretty obvious that Katie was his second choice. Who would say with a man that goes to the extent of breaking up the wedding of his ex-wife and taking said ex-wife's new engagement ring off? The two of them have been together since the beginning of the year IIRC and yet he can't even put a real ring on it? GTFO. As mentioned, she got what she wanted out of this "relationship" months ago--to see Brill broken up. I don't feel any sorrier for Katie than I do for Carter, for Hope, for Chicken and Waffles, or for the 100 million times this story played out with Brooke and Taylor.

Yeah, about Maya in Brooke's clothes, WTAF? Not even Amber was that....the best words I am not allowed to use here, but we'll just go with "tacky", even after she got a golden ticket growing in her oven. Maya is just sad. Maybe if this had all played out a year ago I could've felt something for her other than something that borders on apathy and mild irritation than such her character is still around two years beyond her usefulness. Unless we're to find out she, like Pam, has a brain tumor or God forbid these joker crib off that bipolar hack job of a storyline Sharon Newman got to slag off her behavior between '07 and '12...then just no.

Actually, just no regardless.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

So.....Maya thinks she is Brooke now? Entering Brooke's home, rifling through her personal belongings, traipsing around in Brooke's robe like she is the Bell of the Manor? Maya either has no self respect, or she has slipped a notch into fantasy land, because she seems to think Rick's words to Caroline were about her and were not generated by his hurt and anger. Did Rick seek her out? No, she stalked him to the cabin, and essentially raped him. I am just so repulsed by her desperation. If Rick had been seeking solace, he would have found it with any warm body that happened to be there, and Maya inserted herself into that position. Now she thinks she is special? Rick’s choice? Oh, when reality comes back into play, Maya is going to fall hard. Of course, there is always the possibility that was a dream sequence. And what was up with taking Rick’s wedding ring? Does Maya believe if Rick doesn’t see it he will forget about Caroline and how much he loves her? Out of sight out of mind?

I find myself unable to muster up any compassion for Katie. She has known Ridge her whole life and has seen how he operates. She has seen how he has hurt her sister, and Taylor, but she was so sure that she was different. That she was THE one that had something unique with Ridge, the one who changed him and made him a better partner. Right. That is why he has kept you tied up in that damn red ribbon for months, because he was in such a hurry to marry you and show the world what a special couple you are. Even so, those were good scenes with Katie and Ridge, with some good comebacks from Katie.

I am ready for spunky Caroline to return, and tell Rick to go fuck Maya. Seriously, I felt bad for Rick for about five minutes, because he was hit with two bits of unpleasant news back to back, but he is so overreacting about this. Just being a bit ole peckerhead, and completely unreasonable. I hope his betrayal, and that shit with Maya was a true betrayal, makes Caroline mad instead of sad. She should never forgive him and move on with her life. With Ridge. Hopefully.

Then her giant head popped up behind Rick

I think the only way it could have been better is if after popping up she wiped her mouth. Yeah I went there.

I spit out a big mouthful of water on the first quote, and sucked it back in and nearly chocked to death on the second one. 

How did Maya even get in the main house???

I was wondering about that too. Maybe that badass ex-boyfriend taught her how to pick locks. 

That said, the current storyline with Rick/Caroline/Ridge has me riveted.

Agreed, and I think that can be said for many of us. Sometimes the best comes from the most unexpected places.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4

Maya either has no self respect, or she has slipped a notch into fantasy land, because she seems to think Rick's words to Caroline were about her and were not generated by his hurt and anger. Did Rick seek her out? No, she stalked him to the cabin, and essentially raped him. I am just so repulsed by her desperation. If Rick had been seeking solace, he would have found it with any warm body that happened to be there, and Maya inserted herself into that position. Now she thinks she is special?

Well...it's not like she doesn't have a precedent to work from since this is the exact thing Caroline did, including taking advantage of him when he was drunk the same night she dropped the bomb.  Those two are clearly working from the same Rick playbook.

• Love 3

And what was up with taking Rick’s wedding ring? Does Maya believe if Rick doesn’t see it he will forget about Caroline and how much he loves her? Out of sight out of mind?

To be fair, this whole "rings off = freedom" thing has kinda become a thing around this group between the first failed Lope wedding and Brill hooking up before Katie was half way to her car.

• Love 1

So.....Maya thinks she is Brooke now? Entering Brooke's home, rifling through her personal belongings, traipsing around in Brooke's robe like she is the Bell of the Manor? Maya either has no self respect, or she has slipped a notch into fantasy land, because she seems to think Rick's words to Caroline were about her and were not generated by his hurt and anger. Did Rick seek her out? No, she stalked him to the cabin, and essentially raped him. I am just so repulsed by her desperation. If Rick had been seeking solace, he would have found it with any warm body that happened to be there, and Maya inserted herself into that position. Now she thinks she is special? Rick’s choice? Oh, when reality comes back into play, Maya is going to fall hard. Of course, there is always the possibility that was a dream sequence. And what was up with taking Rick’s wedding ring? Does Maya believe if Rick doesn’t see it he will forget about Caroline and how much he loves her? Out of sight out of mind?

I find myself unable to muster up any compassion for Katie. She has known Ridge her whole life and has seen how he operates. She has seen how he has hurt her sister, and Taylor, but she was so sure that she was different. That she was THE one that had something unique with Ridge, the one who changed him and made him a better partner. Right. That is why he has kept you tied up in that damn red ribbon for months, because he was in such a hurry to marry you and show the world what a special couple you are. Even so, those were good scenes with Katie and Ridge, with some good comebacks from Katie.

That's why I have no sympathy for Princess Lemonhead in this situation.  She walked into this mess with Sir Funk-A-Lot with her eyes wide open.  Bill told her ass point blank what she was in for, as did Brooke in a more gentle, roundabout way. 

Fueled by "pomes," revenge and their own hubris, Kringe really thought they had it going on!  They put themselves on some kind of moral high ground as if they were better than Brill while willfully ignoring the stench from beneath their own mattress.  She has no right to complain about jack shit given how she and Sir Funk-A-Lot happily shagged for months with no guilt, remorse or an ounce of self-reflection about how they got together.  Katie, boo-boo--Ridge was a known quantity to you before you set out to pay your sister back.  Remember that faked heart attack?  As Connie Francis sang, who's sorry now?

And, can Maya's trifling ass be any more thirsty?!  Or pathetic?!  How is it possible that she makes even those ratchet heifers that VH-1 shoves down viewers' throats (via Basketball Wives, Love & Hip Hop, etc.) seem like pictures of dignity and restraint?  What makes it even worse, I don't even get the sense that she really loves Rick; she's just in it for the money and the promise of the Forrester name.  To quote, Iyanla Vizant, "Let's just call a thing a thing!  Beloved, are you going after him for the penis or the promise?"

Hmmmm...I wonder what thirsty Maya's answer would be?

• Love 8

Maya should cut out the middleman and just go throw herself at Eric.  Not that I want to see Eric/Maya, but, I mean, if you're going to go all out to become Lady of the Forrester Manor, then go for the man himself.  And how much fun would it be to watch Stephanie's picture launch itself off the wall and knock Maya out?  

• Love 9

Welski...not so fast there Ridge!   Eric is reversing the decision and appointing Rick.  Ah so many questions!   How will Rick react to this bit of news?   How will Eric feel when he realizes that Rick slept w/Maya?  Is it going to matter?   

I had to roll my eyes at Eric talking about how he and Stephanie always ran the company with honesty and integrity.  Say what?   How many scandals have been at the helm of that company?  Eric really needed to just stop with that stupid song and dance.   There has never been any honesty and integrity with FC.  It's been filled with scandals, lies and betrayals. 

I really wanted Caroline to give Myrna a big ol' back hand to her face.  AFTER she slapped Rick.  

Please Caroline, have some dignity and do NOT fight for Rick.  Get back to designing and letting Ridge smell your hair. 

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 11

So yeah, I'm enjoying Maya and all of her manipulations. Her speech to Caroline today was exactly why I am enjoying her. I also don't appreciate B&B's spin on this storyline either, but its an awesome thing I see past it. 

• Love 3

I had to roll my eyes at Eric talking about how he and Stephanie always ran the company with honesty and integrity.  Say what?   How many scandals have been at the helm of that company?  Eric really needed to just stop with that stupid song and dance.   There has never been any honesty and integrity with FC.  It's been filled with scandals, lies and betrayals. 

I'm sure that even Stephanie, somewhere in the bowels of Hades, had to retch at that bit of rhetoric.  If Eric and Satan's concubine had run the company with "honesty and integrity," Brooke would have never been in a position to take the company over in the first place.  Or, did I only imagine that they conspired to cheat Brooke out of her rights to the BeLieF formula, sicced a lawyer on her (posing as a masseuse) and that Connor Davis had to pull said lawyer's card?

I understand the inclination of people to wax poetic about the deceased, but shouldn't there be some kind of biblical special effects where people are struck down for mouthing such nonsense?  Or, someone coughing in the background and murmuring "bullshit!" under their breath?

• Love 7

The way I see it, Eric has now backed himself into a corner. If he is this disappointed and disgusted with Ridge, how is he going to feel when he finds out Rick jumped in the sack with Maya? If he is going to take the CEO spot from Ridge for kissing Caroline, then he should be firing Rick for fucking another woman while still married to Caroline. And I found all that talk from Eric about honor, and ethics rich. Has he forgotten how he fought Ridge for Brooke? How easily he forgave Brooke after her affair with Deacon? How he supported Brooke when he found out she was pregnant by Bill? It just seems odd that he is judging Ridge so harshly, and to be honest, it is kinda pissing me off. I don't see where Rick has behaved in any honorable or mature way, but he gets a pass and the job? Hmmmm........me thinks it is time for a new fashion house in Bell LA. You just know Rick is going to come in like a punk ass bitch to make a statement. No doubt he will pull rank on Ridge and demote him to artist's assistant or something. And he will probably outright fire Caroline, and promote Maya to President. 

Linsey Godfrey just keeps bringing it. She did such a remarkable job today; switching from anger, to hurt; and major, big time friggin props to Caroline for not stooping to Maya's level. 

Maya on the other hand; was just all pumped up like the little engine that could. I felt sorry for Maya when Caroline was pulling her stuff, but Caroline's stuff didn't have any long term consequences. And her target was Maya; she didn't try to hurt anyone else. And Caroline was her own worst enemy, as her schemes were silly and ridiculous, and only made her look foolish. And really, going on today about "you called me names" or whatever? Sticks and stones Maya; you have a mouth, as you so eloquently displayed today, so why didn't you use it to defend yourself. You and Rick were solid, certainly more solid than you are now, and because you didn't speak up for yourself then, you want to come with that shit today? Oh yeah, Miss High and Mighty, who stuck her nose into two relationships and ripped them apart. There is simply not enough seats in the whole entire world for this individual. 

I am starting to like Liam and Ivy. Liam is a completely different character now that he has been Hope free for a few weeks. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10

I am starting to like Liam and Ivy. Liam is a completely different character now that he has been Hope free for a few weeks.

I agree. Liam thrives when he's  in the Hope free zone. I kinda don't like Maya in a way, but I kinda feel sorry for her for wanting something so badly. What happened to Ally and Oliver? I guess they're on the back burner story line now. Actually Im enjoying the show more without Brooke for awhile. HT can bring it when she wants to.

• Love 2

I've been enjoying the heck out of the show lately.  I'll be sad when Dope and the Foolers come back on.  I would like hear $Bill's take on everything that's happening, though.  Where's he been?

• Love 4
big time friggin props to Caroline for not stooping to Maya's level

Yeah but I didn't like that she stooped down to pick up Rick's ring after Maya tossed it on the floor. IMO Caroline didn't need to debase herself like that in front of the woman her husband just screwed. I hope she didn't sign a prenup because I want her to get the biggest, baddest divorce attorney in CA and take everything but the clothes on Rick's back. Does whiny baby Rick even own anything besides his Forrester last name?

Her speech to Caroline today was exactly why I am enjoying her.

I appreciated that Maya got to say what she did about Caroline's previous disrespectful behavior toward her but as of now I think the slate is cleared. Game on and take no prisoners, Caroline. (But stay away from Ridge because that is still ew to me.)

It really struck me today how much the actress who plays Ivy looks like a young Elizabeth Taylor. She and Liam should have dressed up as Liz and Richard Burton in their Cleopatra and Anthony get ups. Meanwhile, ugh, I was hoping Donnie from Big Brother would have shaved that nasty beard as soon as the finale was over.

• Love 6

I appreciated that Maya got to say what she did about Caroline's previous disrespectful behavior toward her but as of now I think the slate is cleared. 

Yeah, that's basically how I feel.  They've done the exact same things to each other, so while I'm enjoying this, I have no horse to back in this game.

• Love 2

Maya should cut out the middleman and just go throw herself at Eric.  Not that I want to see Eric/Maya, but, I mean, if you're going to go all out to become Lady of the Forrester Manor, then go for the man himself.  And how much fun would it be to watch Stephanie's picture launch itself off the wall and knock Maya out?

LOL! I can just see Steph climbing out of the frame, jumping down, and strangling Mayrna until her doe eyes popped out!

• Love 4

The way I see it, Eric has now backed himself into a corner. If he is this disappointed and disgusted with Ridge, how is he going to feel when he finds out Rick jumped in the sack with Maya? If he is going to take the CEO spot from Ridge for kissing Caroline, then he should be firing Rick for fucking another woman while still married to Caroline. And I found all that talk from Eric about honor, and ethics rich. Has he forgotten how he fought Ridge for Brooke? How easily he forgave Brooke after her affair with Deacon? How he supported Brooke when he found out she was pregnant by Bill? It just seems odd that he is judging Ridge so harshly, and to be honest, it is kinda pissing me off. I don't see where Rick has behaved in any honorable or mature way, but he gets a pass and the job? Hmmmm........me thinks it is time for a new fashion house in Bell LA. You just know Rick is going to come in like a punk ass bitch to make a statement. No doubt he will pull rank on Ridge and demote him to artist's assistant or something. And he will probably outright fire Caroline, and promote Maya to President.

Linsey Godfrey just keeps bringing it. She did such a remarkable job today; switching from anger, to hurt; and major, big time friggin props to Caroline for not stooping to Maya's level.

Maya on the other hand; was just all pumped up like the little engine that could. I felt sorry for Maya when Caroline was pulling her stuff, but Caroline's stuff didn't have any long term consequences. And her target was Maya; she didn't try to hurt anyone else. And Caroline was her own worst enemy, as her schemes were silly and ridiculous, and only made her look foolish. And really, going on today about "you called me names" or whatever? Sticks and stones Maya; you have a mouth, as you so eloquently displayed today, so why didn't you use it to defend yourself. You and Rick were solid, certainly more solid than you are now, and because you didn't speak up for yourself then, you want to come with that shit today? Oh yeah, Miss High and Mighty, who stuck her nose into two relationships and ripped them apart. There is simply not enough seats in the whole entire world for this individual.

I agree with all of this. Eric has no room to talk about integrity or morality, to anyone. Funny you mentioned Bridget because when he was railing on about Ridge's betrayal, I remember he wasn't even that hard on Brooke who conceived an entire child by her son-in-law; and with the decades of shitty behavior towards the family THIS kiss with Caroline is the breaking point? Really?

Rick has never been a saint, either, and the new-old actor does not erase the shady shit he pulled with Steffy to get back at Ridge years ago, and even guilt tripping Brooke and Eric into making him President after the fall over the balcony before that. I'm glad that Steffy stuff was brought up even moreso than Phoebe's death which he got beaten into the ground for the first time around. Which, again, makes Eric's decision making even more baffling than usual.

• Love 4

OH! This show is now invading my dreams; the sequence went like this:

Caroline comes into Eric's office (or the FC's Communal Office) looking for Eric to talk to him about Rick and Maya. Eric isn't there and the office is fairly dark; Caroline closes the door and slowly slides down to the floor as she gives into her tears and grief. Pan to the corner of the office where the windows are, and all you see is the person's shoes as they slowly approach Caroline. They come to a stop in front of her and it takes a few minutes for her to realize someone is there. When she looks up it is Ridge, who offers her his hand to help her up, and he slowly envelops her in his arms, telling her it is going to be alright, as he closes his eyes and smells her hair........and then I woke up. 

I know......get a life RuntheTable.

Yeah but I didn't like that she stooped down to pick up Rick's ring after Maya tossed it on the floor.

I felt that way too at first, but in retrospect I have changed my mind. Maya's gesture was juvenile, and completely disrespectful, Caroline showed she was the better person by picking Rick's ring up without saying a word. It just showed Maya that Caroline may be a Spencer married to a Forrester, but she will bow down for what matters to her. And I think it sent a big FUCK YOU to Maya. 

I appreciated that Maya got to say what she did about Caroline's previous disrespectful behavior toward her but as of now I think the slate is cleared.

Agreed, although Maya has much more to answer for. In any event, I hope Caroline doesn't debase herself begging a petulant Rick to come back to her. Let Rick stay with Maya......just, please, please, please, don't ever show another love scene with JY and KM. Those two are about as scintillating as TK and HT. 

• Love 9