Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Had the day off , so I decided to dispense with the individual drinks, and hit the blender full up. Put some Cayenne Pepper and Jalapenos in my popcorn too.

Such a good show today! Just when it was getting a touch too maudlin, they pulled back, and came back with the scenes of the happy reception goers. I can’t decide what I am more surprised about; Ridge actually stepping up and saying something, or Taylor waiting so long to have her breakdown.

The cake fight was great, but it was what was happening all around it, and after it, that had me chuckling:

Taylor “And she wouldn’t be married to the father of Steffy’s baby!” Said in all sincerity

Brooke “Oh my God Taylor, you are being so ridiculous” Brooke, clearly feeling she is dealing with a five year old

Brooke “Because you can’t stand to see me, or any one I care about happy. You are just a bitter jealous woman” BUUUURN

Taylor “Yum, Buttercream, with just a hint of Lavender” Done…….

Taylor “Now you can have your cake and eat it too” Dying……

Taylor “You ruined my blowdry!” Dead……..

Hope “Yeah, Pam said they were in there talking. Uh, is that a good thing?”  Not on your life

Steffy “They’ve been in there for a while” Uh huh

Hope “I don’t even want to know what is going on in here, but you both look insane” Ya think?

Pam “My cake!” Thank God it wasn’t Lemon Bars, Pam would have gotten the honey pot

My spicy popcorn and fresh mint Margarita’s were tasting so good about now. Then we got the reactions. My favorites being Sally and Wyatt’s synchronized drinking after Brooke and Taylor apologized, Donna, trying to hold in her laughter, and Quinn fretting about not getting any cake. And best of all we were treated to Kelly Lang’s megawatt smile and incomparable giggle.

Everyone was on point today. Even HyT; she plays crazy so well. It was funny and refreshing to watch her and Brooke have a good old cat fight. Was the last one the one that happened in the mud? Brooke slipping and Taylor screaming. I thought it was great. And when Taylor started laughing I started lifting my glass, because girlfriend looked about 2 nuggets short of a kid’s meal. I have to admit at being surprised that Taylor copped to the crime so quickly, but that just made Brooke look all the more gracious for taking her part of the blame for something that should never have happened.

So, it looks like they are really cementing Bridge. Every time there is a crack in the foundation, Show has been quick to plug it up. I don’t know how I feel about it. All I ever wanted was for Brooke to be happy, and that is what she seems to be. And, to my great surprise, Ridge hasn’t walked out. I do have to wonder though, if Mutheeer where still alive if that would be the case. But, I can’t be mad with him today because he smiled at Brooke like he meant it, and he told her she was sweet. So today he gets a time out, and I will go back to hating him tomorrow.

What does it say when Kelly Lang, with cake smeared in her face and hair, and on her beautiful dress, still looks better than anyone else in the room?

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 16

I hate Hope’s hair and her squinty eyes. I just cannot warm up to this actress. It’s almost as if she only acts on the surface but there’s nothing underneath.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I can't wait to see today's episode - here's a teaser pick:

Brooke-Taylor-walk-of-shame-CBS.jpg?dbf5

This was my favorite part of the show...when the two of them stood together apologizing like two little kids who'd been caught making a mess.  Hilarious!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

So, it looks like they are really cementing Bridge. Every time there is a crack in the foundation, Show has been quick to plug it up. I don’t know how I feel about it.

It's about damn time these two got their shit together as a pairing. There's supposed to come a point where a supercouple finally stop fighting and come together...or at least get new things to fight about. I'm fine with Brooke and Ridge staying together for longer than a year at a time. I'd prefer Brooke found someone else, but....

• Love 5

"Turn it up"? OMG, if Emma had done a dance routine at the reception my eyes would've rolled so hard it might've reversed the earth's rotation.

Meh, that cake fight was so 1985. And it was nice <not> how neither Liam nor Ridge felt the need to assume even a smidgen of responsibility. ?

Of course the honeymoon was done on the cheap too. Of course. Cash money Brooke will show up bright and early in the morning with juice and croissants to make sure the consummation went okay.

• Love 5

Cheesy wedding, cheesy reception, cheesy honeymoon. Why were Emma and what’s his face there for a 2 second segment? Who cares about them? I’ve seen better food fights in my lunchroom in high school in the 1960’s. This show is just sad now. Oh. And Brooke and Ridge after the wedding? Yuck. He makes my skin crawl. 

• Love 4

I thought the wedding was fine, and the cake fight was hilarious. It made me think how wonderful it would be if they actually meant any of this. That Hope and Steffy are going to move past the idiocy of their mothers and end the feuding over a man who is REALLY not worth it. But obviously that won't happen, this show will throw all of this potential away any minute now. 

• Love 8
On 8/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Refresh my memory.  Who did Brooke screw during some kind of masquerade party, thinking it was Ridge?

Brooke accidentally had sex with Oliver, Hope's boyfriend back when she had better taste in guys.

• Love 6

I finally realized what Hunter Tylo's face looks like----the chipmunk in my backyard with his cheeks filled with acorns.  Seriously, her cheeks are so overplumped, that her eyes are forced into squinting.  HT used to be pretty, but her very bad plastic surgery has turned her into a cartoon character.  

And what happened to Bridget?   She looked older than her mom and Aunts, and what color is her hair?   

Didn't Liam look sexy on his wedding night in a Sears white t-shirt?   NOT !!!!!

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Brooke accidentally had sex with Oliver, Hope's boyfriend back when she had better taste in guys.

Still my very favorite moment in time.

Not even dealing with the cake fight.  Liam - worst wedding suit I've ever seen.  Taylor, bad cheeks.  I was so sure Hope was going to have an at the altar major abdomen pain.  I mean, if she lost the baby, would they marry?  Well, this is the show with the most "invalid" marriages so I'll wait to see how long this one goes on for.  

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Wasn’t it almost exactly a year ago we were watching the Liam/Steffy marriage montage? ?

Wow you mean he waited that long between weddings?  I think that might be a new record!

• Love 5

Every time I read about Brooke "accidentally" having sex with Hope's boyfriend I have to wonder: how do you "accidentally" have sex with someone? I feel like if that were really a thing, Steffy would be claiming she "accidentally" had sex with Bill.

• Love 2

I hate to say this, but Bat Shit Crazy Taylor  was kinda fun!  I like her better than St. Taylor  and i'm someone who's always Hated her!  But I'd let her stick around and just randomly pop up to insert some crazy into a situation, she's more fun than Pam and her lemon bars!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

HT used to be pretty, but her very bad plastic surgery has turned her into a cartoon character.  

I will never understand why a woman who looked like this

felt the need to get plastic surgery.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Every time I read about Brooke "accidentally" having sex with Hope's boyfriend I have to wonder: how do you "accidentally" have sex with someone? I feel like if that were really a thing, Steffy would be claiming she "accidentally" had sex with Bill.

Hee!!!

I think this Taylor/Brooke fight was better than the food fight:

• Love 5

@RuntheTable, you did such a good rundown of the show so my recap might be a moot point but I'll plunge in anyway because yesterday's show was a whole lot of fun.

I'll start with this gif as it seems oh-so-appropriate here:

giphy.gif

We begin with the happy couple finishing their first kiss as husband and wife.

DlKjTT3X4AAZA4f.jpg

Again.

Although come to think of it, were any of their marriages valid?

We have a quick cut to Hauxdi, all pitiful in her braveness, and Taylor, who looks like she's been sucking a whole lot of lemons.

A round of toasts ensues with Wyatt kicking things off: "I don't want to ruin the moment or anything, but I just wanted to say congratulations to my brother and my new sister-in-law. I love you both. And I wish you guys a lifetime of happiness."

DlOm3TNV4AA9XHN.jpg

Bridget: "Oh, my baby sister. Hope, I'm so excited for you. I know you've wanted this for a long time. And it's finally, finally here. Dreams really do come true."

Donna: "Although we feel way, way too young to be, uh, great-aunts again."

Katie: "Way too -- way too young."

Donna: "We are so excited to meet our newest Logan baby."

Katie: "And we're always gonna be here for you, as a family."

Ridge, gruff: "I, um... I wish you well. And I hope you find happiness." He could not have sounded less insincere if he tried.

Steffy: "Uh, actually, I just want to say that, um... I just want to say that I am really happy for the both of you. And I wish you nothing but the best." Sure, you do.

Hope tells Steffy she appreciates her words more than she can say and says that them being there together today is a big step forward. And I truly hope it is it for all of them, but I have some serious doubts.

Glasses are raised, Hope and Liam included, and I like the nod to Hope being pregnant as her glass is obviously not full of bubbly.

DlRGYkmW4AM-78n.jpg

Taylor decides it's time to rain on the parade: "Excuse me! Excuse me, everyone? I have a few words to say. I've listened to all of you with your kind words about Hope and Liam's relationship, and I've listened to my daughter wish them well. And I have something to say about this-"

Brooke immediately shuts this shit down: "Okay. I don't think we have time for this. Actually, Donna was just gonna put on the music, weren't you, Donna? Come on. Go. Let's get this party started."

Donna heads over to the DJ and the music starts as Brooke practically drags Taylor into the foyer, hissing "What do you think you're doing?"

Taylor: "Steffy is devastated. She and my little granddaughter are out in the cold, and not one person in this room could give a damn." Okay, enough with this "out in the cold" nonsense. No one is buying it. Not even Taylor.

Brooke: "This isn't about you, or about Steffy. This is about Hope. This is her big day. I knew it was a mistake inviting you here. I'm sick of dealing with you, Taylor! Let's go talk in the kitchen."  She doesn't wait for Taylor to respond but simply takes her by the arm and marches toward the kitchen.

Pam and Charlie are there, putting the finishing touches on the cake, which I thought was beautiful. While it lasted. 

Pam-Charlie-wedding-cake-HW.jpg

Brooke's "I need to talk to Taylor alone" quickly sends them on their way.

Brooke: "Whatever you were gonna say out there, you can say in here to me."

Taylor: "This wedding was a mistake, and it should have never happened." But it did happen and there isn't nothing you can do about it, heifer. Besides, it will likely implode six months from now.

In the living room, the guests do the age-old clinking spoons on glasses and Hope and Liam happily oblige them with a sweet kiss and then a dramatic dip.

Sally: "Awww! I love a good wedding. Thanks for bringing me."

Wyatt: "No, thank you for being the most gorgeous date in the entire room." 

They toast each other as they should and damn, look at how Wyatt is looking at her.

DlOlTuRVsAEnNSZ?format=jpg&name=small

Thorne and Katie recall their first kiss at the Bridge wedding and are inspired to recreate that moment.

DlOlXpBU8AIWagG?format=jpg&name=small

I should point out though that that wasn't their first kiss as they dated over a decade earlier. 

Steffy takes a moment to look at her phone and Amelia has texted her an adorable photo of Kelly, which she shares with Liam.

DlPE4dSUwAM7B0u.jpg

This is how co-parenting should be. 

Steffy: "Hey, I meant what I said. I'm happy for you."

Liam: "It does mean a lot, you being here. I want you to know, I really admire what you're doing." She's behaving like a grown up, not curing cancer, Liam.

Steffy: "Well, we want to bring the family together. No more conflict. No more fighting."

Funny she should mention that as we cut back to the kitchen.

It's time for another round of...

giphy.gif

Taylor whines: "This wedding is a fluke. It should have never happened." 

Brooke shrugs: "If you don't like it, then you can leave!"

Taylor: "My daughter and Liam have been cheated of their happiness, of their life together, of their family, and it's all because of Bill Spencer. None of this would have even happened if it hadn't been for his manipulations, and you know it. Hope wouldn't be pregnant, and she wouldn't be married to the father of Steffy's baby."

Brooke is shaking her head: "That's not the only reason Hope and liam are married."

Taylor: "Oh, of course it is! It's wrong, Brooke, and you know it's wrong. But you can't see it, because you have done everything you can to make sure that Liam is locked into this marriage, because you know the woman that he really loves is Steffy!"

Brooke: "Oh, my god, Taylor. You are being so ridiculous." Pretty much.

Taylor: "This is how you live. This is what you do. You destroy families. You destroyed my family." OMFG, this is such revisionist bullshit.

Brooke: "This is not about the past! This is about my daughter's wedding. And you came here to ruin it. You know why? Because you can't stand to see me or anybody I care about happy! You're just a bitter, jealous woman." Ding, ding, ding!

Taylor scoffs: "Jealous? Of you? You know what this cake represents?" She steps toward it and eyes it, then glances back to Brooke.

Brooke, wary: "Don't go there."

Taylor: "It represents everything that you've stolen from my daughter."

Brooke: "I really think it's time for you to leave-"

Taylor, taunting, eyeing the cake some more: "Oh, no, Brooke. No, no, no. No. I think it's time to cut the cake."

Brooke: "You wouldn't dare."

Taylor: "What if I did?"

Brooke: "You wouldn't."

She gasps as Taylor reaches out one scrawny finger to swipe some frosting off of the top tier.

She gasps as Taylor proceeds to lick her finger and I can't help but smile when Taylor loudly proclaims: "Mmm-mmm!"

Brooke, wide-eyed in disbelief: "You really are crazy." She is that, but I'm kind of enjoying Taylor embracing the cray today.

Taylor: "Yum! Buttercream. With just a hint of lavender. Mmm! Nice choice. What's inside?" As giddy as a little kid.

Brooke hisses: "Get away from that cake."

Taylor, enjoying herself: "I hope it's chocolate." Ha!

Brooke gasps as Taylor grabs a huge hunk of cake.

Brooke2.jpg.a2d3eefd5bc561d49577ca84aaa33341.jpg

Taylor, samples it, deadpan: "Eh." Heh. Then, "Well, maybe it's not too bad. Want to try some?" She shoves the cake right in Brooke's face and damn! She really goes for it, shoving Brooke's head backwards and everything. 

Brooke3.jpg.f6eff20a7b9e762d4f8e68cf926b2369.jpg

Brooke screams as Taylor cackles and I'm giggling at this point.

Taylor: "Now you can have your cake and eat it, too!"

Brooke: "You're so gonna regret this." She marches over to the cake and smashes it right on top of Taylor's head.

Taylor screams: "You ruined my blow-dry!" I'm full-on laughing at this point.

Brooke snarls and reaches for more cake: "I'm gonna ruin a lot more than that! "

It's a full on cake war at this point as they each grab chunks and take aim, completely obliterating the cake as they shriek and shriek.

Brooke5.jpg.b98c960e6fb9150ee02838a33fea838e.jpg

It is made of awesome and I could tell both ladies were laughing for real as they camped it up for all it's worth.

DlOm3ycU0AcCuok?format=jpg&name=small

We cut back to the living room where Hope and Steffy are face to face and aiming for casual.

DlOjO9MXcAAn83y.jpg

Steffy: "Hey."

Hope: "Hey."

Steffy: "So, our moms are in the kitchen together?"

Hope: "Oh, yeah. Pam said they were in there talking." She frowns: "Uh... is that a good thing?"

Steffy, mentally ticking off the minutes since she's seen her mother last and knowing no way in hell can this be good: "They've been in there for a while."

Hope, doing the math right along with her: "We should go check on them."

Hope.jpg.1d00e8b3edd52dfaaf405aeb735121e8.jpg

Steffy: "Oh, yeah. Yeah." 

They make a beeline for the kitchen where the cake fight is still in full throttle.

Brooke, gasping as she tries to rub more cake in Taylor's face: "In your face!"

Taylor, fighting back: "I'm gonna get you!"

Steffy/Hope scream: "MOM!" The pair stare at their mothers and their messy surroundings in disbelief and horror.

DlPvnddX4AUGZ0m.jpg

Brooke and Taylor stand there, so damn busted, breathing hard, and itching for another round.

Steffy: "What are you doing?!" She then notices the chunk of cake still in Taylor's hand and I kind of love JMW/Steffy a little bit here when she barks: "PUT. THE. CAKE. DOWN." Her delivery is everything. "Put what's left of the cake down. What has gotten into you?! Ugh!" She is clearly disgusted.

Hope is, too, but more bewildered than anything: "I mean, I don't even want to know what is going on in here, but you both look insane. And the cake is ruined!"

The guilty twosome look at each other like "she started it!"

Brooke immediately tattles like the toddler she's reverted to: "It was her fault. She stuck her hand in the cake and then she smushed it in my face."

Steffy is appalled: "Mom, is that true?"

Taylor: "This wedding should have never happened. She wants to rub it in your face!"

Steffy: "So you're gonna rub cake in Brooke's face? Why would you do that?!"

Taylor whines like a two-year-old: "Just because it's what she does to me! It's what she's done to our family! She broke us up all those years ago, and she's doing the exact same thing with hope, to do to you what she did to me."

Steffy, stern: "This is exactly what Hope and I didn't want. We want unity and understanding, not a food fight."

Hope, disappointed: "And in the middle of the reception, Mom."

Brooke is contrite, sighing: "Honey, I'm so sorry. I am. I guess we let the anger get the best of us.

Taylor: "Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, honey. I don't know what came over me."

Steffy: "I don't know, either. But everyone's wondering where you are."

Hope: "Yeah. And the two of you need to get back out there."

Brooke is aghast, looking down at her cake-strewn gown: "Like this?"

Hope: "You know, I think the two of you deserve a little walk of shame." She looks conspiratorially at Steffy, eyebrow arched. "Don't you?"

Steffy, quickly warming to the idea: "Yeah." Now this I want to see more of. Two women bonding over their crazy mothers instead of fighting over a man.

And so we get to the scene in my teaser photo as the two are forced to walk back into the living room as is and I am cracking up even as I'm typing this.

Brooke.jpg.b323265039e8924d8a8326ca5367e0d8.jpg

Because how could you not laugh at these faces?

DlOpjL5VsAAmNPp.jpg

So, so many reactions to the cakewalk of shame...

DlPN3NzV4AEIfP4.jpg

Katie's mouth falls open: "Oh. My. God."

Quinn, stifling a laugh: "Oh...dear."

Pam wails: "My cake..."

Ridge, totally amused: "Logan?"

DlOpSJ0U4AAUehT.jpg

Wyatt: "I mean, who needs a cake?"

Carter: "Yeah. I'm trying to cut back on sugar, anyway."

Thorne: "I actually hear it's, uh, good luck in some cultures."

Quinn, ever the smart-ass: "Does this mean there's not gonna be any cake?"

Eric: "Anyone care to explain what happened?" Oh, Eric...it's totally obvious.

Steffy, seeing the punishment through: "I think our mothers would like to explain." I have never loved Steffy more. 

Hope, agreeing with her: "Yes. Mom? Would you like to go first?" The stepsisters share a look and again, more of this, please.

DlQXNLQVsAAlfsO.jpg

Brooke: "Uh... I'm sorry. I think we got a little carried away."

Taylor: "Yeah. Um... we -- we listened when -- when our daughters spoke of wanting peace in the family, and wanting to maintain integrity, and... we understand that they want us to set an example."

Brooke: "I'm sure we let everybody down today."

Taylor: "We're sorry. We're really sorry."

Hilariously, Wyatt and Sally throw back big swigs of champagne. Simultaneously. 

DlOlusIU4AAgVei.jpg

The other guests give the wayward mothers a wide berth.

Steffy approaches Taylor, a few feet from the door : "That's a lot of frosting. Mom, this isn't normal. I'm concerned about you."

Taylor: "I'm sorry. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm just gonna go get cleaned up, okay? I'll call you." It is sad and pathetic what she's become and Steffy's sorrow is written all over her.

Taylor moves to hug Steffy before she goes and Steffy backs away. Her empathy only extends so far.

Steffy: "No, no. No."

Head hung, Taylor heads out.

Brooke approaches Liam: "I'm sorry. I ruined your wedding." 

Liam: "Brooke, I promise you, you haven't ruined a thing. Answer me one question, though. Cake any good?"

Brooke is forced to laugh at this: "Delicious."

Ridge comes over then, a big smile on his face and he swipes some frosting from Brooke's face and samples it: "Hey. Ah. Almost as sweet as you."

DlOpTTWUcAAdiyA?format=jpg&name=small

Okay, so that was kind of cute and I love KKL's beautiful smile. But you're still an asshole, Ridge.

The two of them share a kiss and a laugh as Ridge winds up with frosting on his face. 

Later, we cut to them in their bedroom upstairs, both having had showers. I love Brooke's natural wavy texture. 

DlOY9mRWwAAgAPS.jpg

Brooke: "It nearly ruined Hope's wedding. I knew it was a bad idea, having Taylor here."

Ridge: "Hey. You wanted the perfect day, right? And it was perfect. Forget about the cake for now. Special day for Hope. And we get to celebrate Hope and Liam together." He seems genuine here. Finally. And he actually looks cute here. What the hell is wrong with me? 

DlOY3_kW4AAuFs6.jpg

Brooke: "I'm really proud of Hope and steffy. I mean, they are way more mature than Taylor and I were when we were their age."

Ridge gives her a look: "Or?"

Brooke concedes: "Oh-kay. Way more mature than Taylor and I are right now."

Ridge laughs: "Yeah, we all got to see that today. That was nice." Perhaps seeing the stepsisters come together and rising above the fray made an impact on him.

Brooke: "Hope was very gracious."

Ridge: "It was a great day. Food fight and all."

Brooke: "It was."

Ridge: "When I washed your hair, I missed a little something right there. Come here a second."

He moves to kick her check and she takes the bait, pointing out another missed spot on her neck. He's all to happy to oblige as he kisses her and they laugh.

DlSjy8PWsAELkXY?format=jpg&name=small

Again, I'm not happy that Bridge reunited and I doubt I will ever be on board with them, but moments like these help and it is nice to see them stable and married. Perhaps this is for the long haul. Time will tell.

Over at the cabin, Liam has lit a fire and spread rose petals about the room as Hope changes into some sexy if a bit virginal skivvies. 

Hope emerges, looking radiant with happiness: "Wow. You have really outdone yourself, Liam Spencer. It's beautiful."

DlE1Cx1UcAAyp8i.jpg

Liam: "Yeah. Well, I didn't have time to plan a real honeymoon. Not yet. Not yet. Still will."

Hope laughs: "Well, I don't need to go anywhere. I just want to be here. With my... handsome husband."

DlQI7zoVAAAbVYz.jpg

They get down to celebrating their newlywed status in earnest as we fade to black.

Just a damn good episode all around and I can't recall the last time I've laughed so hard at this show or any show.

Well done.

Also, here's the cake fight in all it's camptastic glory:

This is a cute pic of KKL and HTy:

DlPz2pHUcAAOxjI.jpg

Now, who wants cake?

Brooke4.jpg

• Love 15

@CountryGirl thank you, but I could never top your wonderful recaps! 

But really, that cat GIF cracked me the fuck up!

I so enjoy these episodes, and think they help the show so much. They give us something a little different, and I believe the comic relief allows the cast to step out of their boxes and shine in different ways. Shit, that show made me not hate Ridge for about 20 minutes. That is saying a whole lot! And I am sure that KKL and HyT had a blast with that fight. It made me miss their old sparing, prior to the triangle of doom. 

@TigerLynx thank you for sharing those clips! I was always a Tridge supporter, and just look at how beautiful Ronn is, as well as Hunter! My favorite fight scene with Taylor and Brooke has always been this; sorry, but I couldn't find it without the voice over:

• Love 6

Wow. That was some DRY looking wedding cake. Better it was thrown than served to the guests.

Am I the only one not buying into this Katie/Thorne “relationship”? They bore me to absolute tears. And Thorne needs to mind his own damn business when it comes to custody of Will. He’s been dating Katie for a whole 3 weeks. Geesh.

• Love 6

I think Justin looks a whole lot better with hair; younger and less smarmy.

So now that the ToD is on hiatus, Sludge can now go and stick his nose into Katie's affairs. I agree that it is NOT anybody's business about Will's situation other than Katie and Bill. Also, Thorne gave a very different version of the conversation with Justin to Katie. He made it sound like Thorne and Ridge specifically solicited Carter's advice and assistance in getting Katie sole custody of Will.  He also made it sound like Carter had spent a lot of time researching the situation and possible outcomes. Carter simply answered some vague questions and gave probably what off-the-top of this head knowledge he had of family law. Oh, but I forgot that attorneys on this show, branch out into all specialties, like criminal law and now, maybe family law. /eyeroll.

That little boy playing Will is pretty good. I didn't recognize him as the whiny brat who was driving Bill nuts last week. He seemed very sweet and well-behaved. Maybe the interns could take some acting lessons from him!

I don't have anything new to add about the wedding that hasn't been already mentioned. I thought it looked like KKL and HTy looked like they were having a blast and I wondered if Hunter was ad-libbing.  She was hilarious and very un-Taylor-like while made me think she was just winging it.

• Love 7

Meh, I don't think it's up to Thorne to decide that Bill is an inadequate father and that he (Thorne) needs to step in. He and Will's mother aren't even engaged. He has no standing.

What is a Klix? ? Will acted like Thorne had given him a bar of gold. Oy, the boy will likely be bouncing off the walls and ceilings if he eats that whole thing all at once. You'd think Thorne would've cleared that with Katie first but he seems not to have a good sense of where his lane is.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Of their seven wedding attempts, this is only the second that they even made it this far.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

On this show, in 3 weeks they should have been married and divorced by now :)

Which is why none of these couples are believable.

Considering the horrible writing, it might be better if HTy and KKL decided to wing it.

2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I don't have anything new to add about the wedding that hasn't been already mentioned. I thought it looked like KKL and HTy looked like they were having a blast and I wondered if Hunter was ad-libbing.  She was hilarious and very un-Taylor-like while made me think she was just winging it.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

@TigerLynx thank you for sharing those clips! I was always a Tridge supporter, and just look at how beautiful Ronn is, as well as Hunter! My favorite fight scene with Taylor and Brooke has always been this; sorry, but I couldn't find it without the voice over:

I like this clip to, especially the part about her not wanting to deal with Stephanie.

Original Recipe Taylor before she died the first time was so entertaining, and it's the Taylor I like.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

Who is writing this nonsense for Thorne?! Today he tells Bill that he’s a bad father and Katie is filing for sole custody. I do believe that’s Katie’s decision and Katie’s business to tell Bill what she’s decided to do. Shut the hell up, Thorne. Nobody cares what you think. 

And you too Ridge. None of your business either.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, thewhiteowl said:

Looks like TIIC are going to turn Thorne into a mega-ass to give Dolla a road to redemption. Another legacy character bites the dust.

I haven't been able to watch since the cake fight and it sounds like I'm not missing anything. 

Thorne, you have dated Katie for all of five minutes. You know nothing about nothing.

ETA: 

@TobinAlbers, jinx!!!

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 8

I am shocked - SHOCKED- that no one has posted that it's National Liam Day!

Looks like the custody case is going full throttle. Once again they bring on a guy perfect to be a love interest for Brooke, Katie, or even Quinn and miss the opportunity.

But I will give the show this - Bridge isn't on the verge of breaking up and seem happy. Lope for this weekend seems happy. Wally is stable as is Queric and Raya offscreen.

Bill isn't sniffing around anyone and Steffy is an IndependentWoman!

With the exception of the custody battle about to begin, the show is pretty damn mellow at the moment.

• Love 8

IR seems to be concentrating so carefully to not speak with an accent that he’s forgotten how to “act”. Hell, I could be Thorne for all the believability he’s put in to this role. 

• Love 2

I did some catching up today so I finally saw the food fight.  Taylor really is a pathetic lunatic, isn't she?  This woman gets up on a soapbox to spew her bile all over Hope's wedding.  But we all know that it isn't about Hope and Liam.  It's not even about Steffy.  Because if Taylor loved her daughter as much as she claims, she would NEVER have fed her daughter up to $Bill like live bait just to keep her carved up ass out of prison.  Taylor Hayes has never been a good mother and never will.  After today, if Steffy has any sense at all, she will move heaven and earth to keep Taylor away from Kelly.

On the other hand, KKL was delightful.  She's no actress but she does have IT.  Taylor should take Brooke's advice and get over the past because Brooke has obviously won whatever fucked up war the two of them were having.  Look at how Taylor slunk out of the house with NOBODY bothering to give her a second glance. Taylor was forgotten before she was through the door.  Meanwhile, Brooke was forgiven and coddled by everyone.

Apparently KKL has been gracious enough to say that she would like it if HT stayed.  That's graciousness I don't think HT deserves.  And Taylor brings absolutely nothing to the story.  The best thing Bell could do would be a 'Who killed Taylor Story?'.

The cabin scenes were cute.  One of the interesting things about Hope and Liam is they have conversations.  And not about stupid shit like Bob Hope and stuff they found in the dollar store.  They talk about REAL stuff.  THAT'S why I've always thought that Hope and Liam were the superior couple.  It's not just about fucking.

Ridge needs to be put in the padded cell next to Taylor.  His obsession with $Bill is out of control.  Where the fuck does he get off talking about what happens to Katie and $Bill's child?  Does he think that getting $Bill tied up in a custody battle is going to keep his loose booty daughter out of $Bill's bed?  He should know that NOTHING will stop Hauxdilox once she focuses on a man.   He'll also find that Bill is capable of multi-tasking.

There's no arguing that $Bill is a bad father and that Will would probably be better off with minimal contact with his father.  But Ridge is no relation to Will.  The audacity of Ridge and Thorne having the nerve to consult a lawyer (it's easy to forget that Carter is more than just the Forrester family's Stepandfetchit) is amazing.  Ridge doesn't give a shit about Will or Katie or Thorne.  He's going to push Thorne into pushing Katie into a really ugly situation.  Brooke can see that it's a bad idea, but just like every other time, she'll defer to her slovenly husband.

• Love 6

Wait ... so it's not OK if Kelly has to grow up with two parents who don't live under the same roof, but totally A-OK for Will?  I mean I realize there are so many variables to make the two scenarios apples to jackfruit, but when you strip it down to the nuts and bolts, they really aren't.  I am not in any way advocating for Batie 3.0, but I think that Bill at least deserves a chance to try to make things right with his son.

And way to go, Thorne, for opening your big mouth. Katie hadn't agreed to pursue sole custody of Will and again, all of the huff and puff was based on an off-the-cuff conversation with Carter, who is not a family law practitioner.

Until Thorne and Katie become engaged (which by B&B standards, should be no later than Labor Day), and Thorne is ready to assume the role of Will's stepfather, he has absolutely no say in the matter. 

One of my daily spoiler alerts suggested that HTy was being considered to return full-time. Since it was mentioned in another post, I assume it's OK to talk about it. I respond with a big fat, "NO!" For what purpose? She is only good for fighting with Brooke over Sludge or I guess interfering with Lope. I really don't want to see that again. The only interesting SL would be if she goes to trial for shooting Bill and this time, gets convicted and sent away for good. 

• Love 8

Shut up Ridge and Thorne.  Ridge and Thorne acting like assess won't redeem Bill (although I would argue Bill doesn't need redeeming any more than anyone else on this show does).  It just means Ridge and Thorne are acting like asses which for Ridge is nothing new.

• Love 3

Oh look, Liam's got jokes about being a cheap slacker. Poor Hope.

Why, why, why are Thorne and Ridge all up in Katie's custody issues? If it were any further from being their business they'd be in another galaxy.

Well now we know: Will is worth 2 percentage points in a business deal to his father. Wonder how many millions of dollars it cost Bill to wrap up that meeting so quickly?

I'm thinking Katie should not have had that argument with Bill about Will's custody in front of Thorne. This time I think I might be in Bill's corner.

• Love 9

Thorne is projecting his feelings of losing Ally and Darla into Katie's situation. 

KKL is beautiful and team player with the material but really needs a storyline of her own other than just commenting with concern on all the bullshit around her. Ahem she still is the lead (at least officially, no?). Is getting boring seeing her express worry or comfort people. 

Ridge is such a hypocrite ? These storylines are not exactly compelling shit. It's reminding me of when more traditional Midwest oriented soaps had slump times after sweeps, guys, this is B&B in Bel Air, not Pine Valley or Oakdale in the early 90s. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Thorne is projecting his feelings of losing Ally and Darla into Katie's situation. 

KKL is beautiful and team player with the material but really needs a storyline of her own other than just commenting with concern on all the bullshit around her. Ahem she still is the lead (at least officially, no?). Is getting boring seeing her express worry or comfort people. 

I was getting all cringey every time ThorneNotThorne (come on, it's GH's Jax for heaven's sake) because of personal reasons in that he needs not be a voice in this scenario.  Katie is a good Mom/Advocate for how to handle this....unless she gets manipulated and sucked in...

Funny, I was thinking that about Brooke today as well.  An old fashioned desperate F-up storyline would be great.  Like not knowing the difference between your husband's body, height and winky and another man's. 

With regard to Waffle Day - If they just made Liam "ALL THAT" in order to be the most desirable man under 35 in LA, but he ain't.  He does do the best "Wha? But? Huh?" face before the commercial break.

• Love 6

A storyline they could do is have Detective Sanchez go back over to Bill's house one more time to question him about his shooting.  Bill makes a remark about LAPD not solving too many shooting crimes in Beverly Hills as he escorts Det. Sanchez to the door.

Later Sanchez tells Lt. Baker about his conversation with Bill and wonders what Bill is talking about.  Lt. Baker says LAPD has solved many shootings in Beverly Hills...the Menendez Brothers, the person who was shooting at Quinn Forrester.  Baker remarks the one shooting they never did solve is the shooting of Ridge Forrester.  Sanchez says "Ridge Forrester got shot? By who? When?"

Baker tells him Ridge was shot on the grounds of the Forrester mansion 30 years ago but nobody ever paid the price for the crime.  Baker mentions he always suspected Thorne Forrester of shooting his brother Ridge and Stephanie Forrester of covering it up but he could never prove it and Stephanie Forrester is now dead, and so is the case.

Sanchez, wanting something to prove, asks Baker if he can reopen the case, see if a fresh set of eyes can bring something new to it.  Baker says sure, but there was no security footage, Ridge never really remembered the shooting and the main witness (Stephanie Forrester) is dead.  Baker also says there was never any physical evidence to prove Thorne Forrester did or did not shoot Ridge.

Sanchez starts asking questions and Bill gets wind that Ridge Forrester was shot 30 years ago, Thorne was suspected of the crime but Stephanie allegedly covered it up/paid off LAPD.  When Will's custody case makes it to court, Bill tells the court he needs full custody of Will because Katie is hanging out with dangerous people.  When Katie is like "Dangerous people? Who are you talking about?"  Bill says as long as Katie insists on taking up with Thorne Forrester, Will needs to be kept away from her.  When Katie shouts, "Thorne? Are you crazy?"  Bill tells her (and the court) that Thorne Forrester was suspected of shooting his own brother Ridge in the head 30 years ago but the crime never could be proven.  When Katie rolls her eyes at this, Bill's lawyer (Justin?)  calls Det. Sanchez to the stand to confirm that LAPD in fact is reopening the Ridge Forrester shooting case from 30 years ago and Thorne Forrester is the prime suspect. 

The judge hands custody over to Bill.

When Katie arrives to Brooke's house in tears, Brooke, Ridge & Thorne are there waiting for her to arrive.  When she tells them she lost custody of Will, they are stunned.  Brooke asks why, and Katie tells them the judge gave full custody of Will to Bill because she was hanging around with "dangerous people."  When Brooke, Ridge & Thorne ask Katie what she is talking about, she says (in tears) that LAPD has reopened Ridge's shooting case.  When Ridge was like "Why? That was 30 years ago and Mother said it was a prowler," Katie tells them LAPD suspects Thorne of having shot Ridge in the head & Stephanie covered it up.  Thorne is shocked because he never remembered shooting Thorne, Ridge is shocked that Thorne would have shot him (but starts remembering WHY Thorne would've shot him 30 years ago), Brooke is stunned etc.

I would rather watch that story than Liam waffling over Steffy & Hope 50-11 times.

• Love 8

@drivethroo, that would be an amazing story and great use of history. Which is why TPTB will never go for it.

Instead, they are setting up a ridiculous custody battle.

So to punish Bill for spending less time with Will of late, Katie's going to restrict his time even more?

That makes exactly ZERO sense. 

Also, Thorne needs to butt the hell out of this. He has been dating Katie for what, two seconds, and now, he's calling the shots? He's been acting stage-five-clinger since he deleted Wyatt's text to Katie before they were even dating. This is the same man who was fucking Taylor, knowing full well she was the same woman who killed his only daughter's mother and covered it up - the effects of which led to Aly's mental breakdown and it's my belief that that ultimately led to her death. That and Hauxdi's whacking her with a tire iron. I don't doubt Thorne mourns Aly, but honestly, he was a pretty shit father to her in recent years. Maybe it's his own guilt over that that is driving his actions now, but he was wrong then and he's even more wrong now. And his commiserating with Ridge of all people? Ridge, you kicked a soccer ball around with Will one time and you think you know what's best for him? 

Katie, where was your concern over how much or little time Bill was spending with Will when you were fucking Wyatt? So she can shut the fuck up, too.

Bill showed up late to see Will but he did show up and instead of putting Will first and letting him see his father, she chose to bawl and let Thorne do the talking for her. 

I don't think Katie has as strong a case as she thinks she does, especially considering her recent bout with mental instability (pointing a gun and threatening to shoot Quinn at FC, for one) and alcoholism (feeding Will spaghetti ala floor anyone?) She's also forgetting that Bill took wonderful care of Will for all those months she was AWOL and this is not a knock on Katie's PPD but she can't deny the fact.  If Katie wants what's best for Will, she'll realize that that means ensuring he has a good relationship with his father. 

I'm Team Bill here and I have feeling that Brooke will be, too, dangling Brill in front of us once more but I'm not taking that bait. Not again.

Liam and Hope were very cute and I loved Liam's accents. 

So it looks like we'll be in for more of Sludge tongue-batheing Hauxdi over the relaunch of the bedroom line. 

HARD PASS to all of it.

Because Brooke will always be THE QUEEN.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 11

I thought Ridge and Thorne learned Thorne was the one who shot Ridge back when Jeff Trachta played Thorne.  Wasn't there some confrontation about that?  Stephanie was involved too.  

Regardless, drivethroo, that is an excellent storyline.

• Love 1

Damn, Jim Hetfield makes my teeth chatter...…..OH! Sorry, wrong forum for that......

Whiplash. Yes. A raging case of that is going on with RuntheTable. After thoroughly enjoying the wedding, and the reception, and the cake fight, and the sweet, low key honeymoon, we throw it into fifth gear with no clutch. 

I mean seriously, how did we get from a casual conversation about Will, to Katie going for sole custody in one episode? Hup, bup, bup, bup….that wasn't quite right; How did we get to Thorne seeking sole custody of Will in one episode? 

I simply cannot believe Thorne and Ridge commandeered Carter and queried him about Katie's chances. What a duo of proprietary pricks! 

Ridge, my man, you had a brief revengemance with Katie. The two of you read poems, and spent Saturday's in the park, and you played some soccer with Will. But that was a long time ago, and I am sure Will barely remembers it; Katie probably wishes she could forget it. And really buddy, after weeks of running to Liam preaching like the choir about a "kid" needing two parents? You can just bugger off dude. 

And Thorne. Ah man. It is hard to be mad at Thorne. It really is. All the same, right now I want to punch him. I get that you care about Will, but this is noneyobusiness. You didn't just step out of your lane when talking to Bill, you drove right on off the road. 

So the redemption of Bill begins. I guess they really had no other angle than to use Will. I'm ok with it, as long as Will is treated right, and doesn't become a bargaining chip. And as long as it doesn't lead us back to Batie. I have a feeling that Wyatt and Liam will support Bill, and this will be the vehicle that reunites the Spencer men. 

I agree that Brooke will support Bill. Maybe this will be the money crack in Bridge's foundation? It was one thing for Brooke to support Hope, but to support Bill knowing how Ridge feels about him? And knowing how deluded Ridge is about what happened with Our New EveryWoman and Bill? We can only hope. But fuckers better not be dangling Brill back in my face. I would break out the snark arsenal on that shit. 

And we have our intimates preview. Humph. Well, I can't say they were ugly, but two of the girls looked like they were wearing swimwear, and Zoe looked like she was wearing a slip. The guys were ok. The brother in the robe and shorts? Well, he was A OK. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

I've been on vacation for 2 weeks and I come back to see that Emma still can't act. Xander is now a photographer?  Next Xander will be a designer. He's just Zende 2.0. X follows Z in the alphabet but I guess TIIC are working backwards. 

In addition, Horney Thorney still hasn't learned to STFU.  In my humble opinion, Thorne is a poor man's Bill.  Thorne wasn't really there for Aly so now he's trying to make amends with Will?  Fuck him. How can a seemingly upstanding gentleman like Eric have two low life egotistical schmucks for sons?  

• Love 16