Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Brooke has been bad mouthing Steffy to, just not to Ridge's face.

Ridge and Brooke should shut up and stay out of it.

1. Their children are grown.

2. Neither of these idiots has any business giving advice.  They can't manage their own lives, let alone anyone elses.

3. Neither of them should want their daughter with Liam.  Forgetting about all the other history over the years, in the last few months Liam has waffled a dozen times.  He would still be waffling, but Steffy opted out, for now at least.  Steffy had sex with Bill.  Your wife cheating on you with your father is a perfectly valid reason to divorce your spouse.  However, Liam didn't do that.  He flipped flopped around, decided to forgive and reunite with Steffy, changed his mind, banged Hope, almost married her, decided to go back to Steffy again, waffled again, then had the decision made for him by Steffy.  Yeah, this guy is a real prize, NOT.  Take everything else out of the equation, Steffy just had Liam's child, and now Steffy's step-sister, Hope, is pregnant with Liam's child.  In what universe would any decent parent want their child with a pathetic loser like Liam?  Two baby mamas, no job, no home, no functioning brain cells, and no spine.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I volunteer to slap his face.

It may not be effective, your hand would probably slide off from all the grease.  Maybe a trout would work?

giphy.gif

• Love 9

I only recall Brooke talking about Steffy fucking $Bill.  If that's considered 'badmouthing', the best way to avoid that for Steffy NOT to fuck her father in law. Brooke hasn't gone out of her way to get into Steffy's face and insult her or call her names, though God knows she could. The only times I can recall Brooke and Hauxdilox getting into an argument is when Hauxdilox walked into BROOKE'S HOUSE and started talking shit. In my opinion, Brooke has been much too nice to Hauxdilox over the years.  Maybe if she had supported her daughter a bit more, the opportunistic sharks that surrounded Hope (Hauxdilox, $Bill, Taylor) would have backed off.

It's been mentioned before but Ridge isn't as big and bad with Liam as he is with Hope.  I guess it's easier to browbeat a young woman who used to call you 'Dad' than the man who actually left your daughter.  Hope isn't given the benefit of the doubt that his slatternly daughter is given.  Hope didn't make a 'mistake' when she slept with the apparently single man who had just proposed to her or responding to that man's romantic advances.  It seems that the women are the ones who have to resist temptation.  Unless that woman is Stephanie Forrester Jr.  She's just a vulnerable, delicate flower, too pure and innocent to decide if she wants to betray her marriage vows and hurt her husband in the most vile way possible.  By FUCKING HIS FATHER.

And if Steffy is better off without Liam, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.  She no longer has to worry about Liam waffling on her.  Unless all that 'powerful woman' stuff was just another game she was running in order to manipulate the situation.  But who could ever imagine Steffy playing games to get a man?

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 17

I think the real issue is that Brooke and Hope are the only ones who see what Steffy did with Bill as what it actually was. Even though neither has laid voice to it, they both know there was more going on than a heartbroken Steffy crying on Bill's shoulder about how big bad Sally had taken Liam from her. They both know Steffy too well to ever believe that. They have both read between the lines, and know that Steffy was pissed off over Liam kissing Sally, but more than that, they know that Steffy was pissed off over losing her advantage over Sally. Liam was no longer coming to heel. Liam had effectively cut off Steffy's leash, reattached his balls, and was asserting himself, and was making his feelings heard and known, causing Steffy to run to Bill for tongue baths support. All those private meetings had already laid the groundwork, and Liam kissing Sally was all Steffy needed to tip the scales. Brooke and Hope know this. Ridge knows they know it; he knows it too, but will never acknowledge it because that would make his daughter a tramp. So, Ridge unleashes all that anger and grief and disbelief and pain on Brooke and Hope. It is so much easier to target Hope than Liam. He only wants to push Liam so far, and always tempers his beatdowns with statements like "I respect you" or "I love you like a son", then goes on to call him "boy" or to tell him he is a quitter. And of course there is always the Code of the Waffle Brotherhood. 

I can't stand Ridge anymore. Historically, no matter how mad I was at him, I was eventually able to get past it. I would still hate him, but I could watch him. Ronn Moss's smile could light up the room. I remember his ease with taking a lady's hand and kissing it, while giving her that sweeping look. His easy banter with the models. Just casual charm and a male gracefulness that Thorsten simple does not possess. I find nothing romantic about him. He does have a certain Euro sexiness, but that is completely overshadowed by his bellowing, and his crass baseness. I also dislike immensely, the way he sneers and screws his face up in contempt with Brooke and Hope. What they should have done is bring TK on as the person who's body Stephanie now inhabits, because Ridge has completely become his mother. 

• Love 18
On 8/10/2018 at 9:14 PM, CharlizeCat said:

What's with the refusal to remove the shirt because "Brooke couldn't handle it? Looked in a mirror lately, Sludge?

Maybe he has, and that's how he knows none of us could handle it :D

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

So, I have all of last week on the DVR ... was trying to decide whether to bother watching or not. Sounds like I can join back in on Monday without missing anything?

18 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Not unless you want to see Ridge prancing about in some blue silk boxer shorts!

17 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

My eyes are still burning from that visual. Nooooes!!! and I can't unsee it!!!

Agreeing with the above. Don't botha.  I did not view Brooke and Ridge.  I'd still be reliving it.  

Now I'm thinking that Brooke should meet a totally new and fresh manly man.  They've made her this stick in the mud and so forced.  An attractive man, not like the blustery joke called Bill.  I'd be embarrassed if I were Don.

• Love 4

At the bottom of my screen today, there was info on the ticker saying to visit a website & give your opinions on what's going on right now on "The Bold & the Beautiful". I just knew I'd remember the website, so I could rail on some of the needless crap when I got back to work, & now, I can't remember the website, or find it via Google. Does anyone have the link? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

At the bottom of my screen today, there was info on the ticker saying to visit a website & give your opinions on what's going on right now on "The Bold & the Beautiful". I just knew I'd remember the website, so I could rail on some of the needless crap when I got back to work, & now, I can't remember the website, or find it via Google. Does anyone have the link? 

I saw that. The official B&B Twitter page has  a link tot the survey but, warnings, I think it’s a ploy to get demo information as all it asked for was my age, gender, state and how many episodes I watch per week. It did not ask for a comment or anything about the actual show.

Today’s episode was made so much more interesting with the Katie and Thorne/Wyatt and Sally banter! I especially loved the interaction between Sally and Wyatt back at Wyatt’s place, although it is disappointing to see that Wally fun times are always on the couch (what, our Sally girl not good enough for a proper bed?) and especially now that Liam is crashing ON that couch it left me feeling skeeved. 

I didn’t know what to make of the whole encounter at the Beach House, though. Were we supposed to feel that Wyatt and Katie still haven’t moved on completely or were they trying to show that as official closure? 

I hope it’s the latter because judging from the overwhelmingly positive comments people are leaving on the B&B FB page (B&B created a post asking the audience for actual feedback vs the lame, sneaky survey) about the Wally pairing and Sally herself, they’d be shooting themselves in the foot more than they already have by keeping Wally off our screens for so long. I’m glad we at least got a sighting, though!

I’d like Wally to become the steady couple that’s always together a la Lauren Fenmore and Michael Baldwin on Y&R. Judging from the bold comment Sally made in today’s ep (“who says there’s a next? Maybe this is it.”) I may be able to keep hoping. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

I think the real issue is that Brooke and Hope are the only ones who see what Steffy did with Bill as what it actually was. Even though neither has laid voice to it, they both know there was more going on than a heartbroken Steffy crying on Bill's shoulder about how big bad Sally had taken Liam from her. They both know Steffy too well to ever believe that. They have both read between the lines, and know that Steffy was pissed off over Liam kissing Sally, but more than that, they know that Steffy was pissed off over losing her advantage over Sally. Liam was no longer coming to heel. Liam had effectively cut off Steffy's leash, reattached his balls, and was asserting himself, and was making his feelings heard and known, causing Steffy to run to Bill for tongue baths support. All those private meetings had already laid the groundwork, and Liam kissing Sally was all Steffy needed to tip the scales. Brooke and Hope know this. Ridge knows they know it; he knows it too, but will never acknowledge it because that would make his daughter a tramp. So, Ridge unleashes all that anger and grief and disbelief and pain on Brooke and Hope. It is so much easier to target Hope than Liam. He only wants to push Liam so far, and always tempers his beatdowns with statements like "I respect you" or "I love you like a son", then goes on to call him "boy" or to tell him he is a quitter. And of course there is always the Code of the Waffle Brotherhood. 

I can't stand Ridge anymore. Historically, no matter how mad I was at him, I was eventually able to get past it. I would still hate him, but I could watch him. Ronn Moss's smile could light up the room. I remember his ease with taking a lady's hand and kissing it, while giving her that sweeping look. His easy banter with the models. Just casual charm and a male gracefulness that Thorsten simple does not possess. I find nothing romantic about him. He does have a certain Euro sexiness, but that is completely overshadowed by his bellowing, and his crass baseness. I also dislike immensely, the way he sneers and screws his face up in contempt with Brooke and Hope. What they should have done is bring TK on as the person who's body Stephanie now inhabits, because Ridge has completely become his mother. 

I agree!

Bell made a fatal error hiring TK.  He is NOT Ridge Forrester.  TK came with a reputation of being a strong actor, but I've always questioned that.  A strong actor can play a variety of parts.  TK specializes in the 'alpha male' who is attracted and abuses younger women.  I think it's testament to KKL that she's managed to bring even a tiny bit of charm out of this lump.

The one thing that bothers me the most about this version of Ridge is that the Ronnnnnnn Moss version saw Hope and Steffy as his daughters, as sisters.  I don't believe that RM's Ridge would EVER refer to Hope as 'this one'.  He helped raise 'this one'.  If he was going to criticize anyone it would be Liam, the man who came between his daughters.

I miss RM so much.  As everyone says, he was no actor.  But he gave Ridge charm and grace.  You believed that Ridge was raised by Eric Forrester.  I don't believe for a second a man like Eric would raise a beast like THIS Ridge.

• Love 13

Had to laugh when Brooke pulled those gigantic silk boxers out from under the covers. At first I had wondered why they'd be keeping a parachute in their bed.

Uh, Ridge? Not to worry, none of us want to see you strutting the runway in your huge bloomers either.

Why won't the writers let Liam buy new engagement rings? Even if he is probably a lowly wage slave, he could go to a mall jewelry store and get a reasonably-priced ring on an installment plan. It's pathetic to me that Steffy and Hope are perfectly okay with recycling the rings from when Liam was living the high life on the SP teat.

I don't get Katie and Thorne at all. I'm not opposed to them, I just don't get the attraction.

Oh B&B, stop with the false equivalence. Getting caught on the verge of screwing another woman is not anywhere near the same as actually jumping on your FIL's horse dick all night long.

Look at Liam waffling already. I'm amazed Steffy didn't rip off her corporate dominatrix outfit and pounce on him right in the office. Meanwhile, I'm sure 20 years from now Kelly will treasure her mommy's ring of betrayal. The ring mommy wore while she was screwing Grandpa Bill.

TK specializes in the 'alpha male' who is attracted and abuses younger women.

Eh, I don't know about that. Yes, he has generally played alpha male types and he has seemed to prefer his character being matched with a much younger woman. However, the younger women have tended to be ones who didn't grow up with strong father figures in their lives. The kind of creepy insinuation then arose that his character was taking advantage of that vacuum. Any abuse, I think, was mostly when his character was trying to assert a parental role and the woman wasn't playing along because she didn't see him that way. I'd almost like to see Ridge have an affair with Zoe just to see TK sort of back in his element again.

• Love 6

After what Brooke did to Bridget, she has no business criticizing Steffy or anyone else ever.

I never liked Ridge even when RM played him, but RM's Ridge was way better than TK's Ridge is.

The writers seem to have forgotten that Stephanie hated Brooke.  Brooke was Beth Logan's daughter, and Eric left Stephanie for Brooke.  So Stephanie did not want Brooke with Ridge or Thorne.  If Ridge or Brooke were really fulfilling the Stephanie role, they would have run Liam out of town already.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I miss RM so much.  As everyone says, he was no actor.  But he gave Ridge charm and grace.  You believed that Ridge was raised by Eric Forrester.  I don't believe for a second a man like Eric would raise a beast like THIS Ridge.

The one thing that I hated about Ronn Moss' Ridge was how he treated Darla. The names he would call her, the cruel taunts, and dismissive asshole way he treated her made me hate him. It was so personal and nasty.  Like a cat nastily toying with a mouse. Oddly it reminded me of Streetcar and how Stanley detested Blanche. Ridge was giving off vicious creepy vibes when it came to Darla like if this was the 80s when they still pulled out 'forced seductions' , they may have taken Ridge there with Darla to 'teach her a lesson' and 'put her in her place'. It never made sense for a man who thought so highly of himself and whose fashion talent supposedly belied his love of women to treat a woman let alone his sister in law the way he did Darla. Not even his condescension towards Thorne warranted the level of shit he threw at her. And even if she was encouraging Thorne to stand up for himself and stake his claim at FC, Ridge was supposedly the end all be all with Thorne no real threat to him- why bother being such an unmitigated ass towards a woman who supposedly could do no harm? And then Ridge's family ended up wiping her and her daughter out. Darla's floating head needs to haunt his ass, LOL.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Had to laugh when Brooke pulled those gigantic silk boxers out from under the covers. At first I had wondered why they'd be keeping a parachute in their bed.

Uh, Ridge? Not to worry, none of us want to see you strutting the runway in your huge bloomers either.

TK used to be able to rock a bikini but he wasn't close to Moss rocking the banana hammock. 

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why won't the writers let Liam buy new engagement rings?

Why won't the writers let Liam do a lot of less dumb things. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 13

The website address for the B&B survey or whatever it is:

cbs.com/daytime

I paused my recording and that's all it said. It really didn't specify if it was a survey or what it was.

I didn't bother to look because many of us completed a pretty in-depth survey about 2 years ago (or maybe a little more recently.) 

I can't pin all of the following on the viewers' input, but we got:

1.  The return of Spectra and look how long that lasted. Sally is back, but for what?  All she has done so far is have sex with Wyatt on that icky faux fur throw on the sofa. Yeah. Probably is the same one Liam covers his body with to sleep at night. 

2. The "Summer of Sheila." Ill-conceived and just ended.  Some closure would be nice, like Sheila went to XXX for a new beginning. 

3. Oh, and yeah, Eric read Liam for filth and called him a "waffle."

I am sure I'm missing some other temporary "cosmetic improvements."

In other words ... BFD ... don't waste your time.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

It's been mentioned before but Ridge isn't as big and bad with Liam as he is with Hope.  I guess it's easier to browbeat a young woman who used to call you 'Dad' than the man who actually left your daughter. 

I wish this crap could be blamed on TK's depiction entirely, but even old Ridge had his moments, especially with Amber and Darla.

Ridge likes easy targets.

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

The writers seem to have forgotten that Stephanie hated Brooke.  Brooke was Beth Logan's daughter, and Eric left Stephanie for Brooke.  So Stephanie did not want Brooke with Ridge or Thorne. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather off YT, Eric had already left Stephanie before he ever got involved with Brooke.

Their very first episode on screen suggested theirs had been a loveless, unfulfilling marriage for a long while. And if it hadn't been Eric's old college flame that was the issue, it would've been someone else, likely Margo.

Brooke can be blamed for a lot of things, but the failure of Steric was not one of those. They were built on a lie, with Stephanie being every bit as entitled as the granddaughter who bears her name to ruin another woman's life with her lie. It's a miracle they lasted as long as they did.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

The one thing that I hated about Ronn Moss' Ridge was how he treated Darla. The names he would call her, the cruel taunts, and dismissive asshole way he treated her made me hate him. It was so personal and nasty.  Like a cat nastily toying with a mouse. Oddly it reminded me of Streetcar and how Stanley detested Blanche. Ridge was giving off vicious creepy vibes when it came to Darla like if this was the 80s when they still pulled out 'forced seductions' , they may have taken Ridge there with Darla to 'teach her a lesson' and 'put her in her place'. It never made sense for a man who thought so highly of himself and whose fashion talent supposedly belied his love of women to treat a woman let alone his sister in law the way he did Darla. Not even his condescension towards Thorne warranted the level of shit he threw at her. And even if she was encouraging Thorne to stand up for himself and stake his claim at FC, Ridge was supposedly the end all be all with Thorne no real threat to him- why bother being such an unmitigated ass towards a woman who supposedly could do no harm? And then Ridge's family ended up wiping her and her daughter out. Darla's floating head needs to haunt his ass, LOL.

TK used to be able to rock a bikini but he wasn't close to Moss rocking the banana hammock. 

Why won't the writers let Liam do a lot of less dumb things. 

You're right about Ridge and Darla.  I got the feeling that class had a lot to do with it, that Ridge saw Darla as a lower class than he was so she wasn't entitled to the special treatment he doled out to other women. Very much like his mother looking down her nose at the Logans.  Darla was also the only one who seemed to be in Thorne's corner; even his own mother was clear that he was second or third best.  Ridge treated Darla with the same contempt that he felt for his brother. 

I will never understand why Bell had Ridge's wife and daughter kill Thorne's wife and daughter and then DO NOTHING WITH IT.  I find it impossible to believe that Thorne can bear to even look at Steffy.  Ally may have been unbalanced but a lot of that is down to the fact that Taylor left her dying on the side of the road like a stray cat.  Twenty years later, Taylor's daughter, who has all the arrogance and lack of empathy that her mommy and daddy possess, leaves his daughter dead on the same road.  She then proceeds to lie and cover up what happened, just like Mommy did.  I've always wanted Thorne to walk away from his 'family business' and the Marone spawn that run it and ally himself with the Spectras that always treated him so much better.  THAT would have been a wonderful story.  I don't see any reason to bring in a big name soap actor like IR and stick him with the fucking interns.

One of the dumb things Liam can stop doing is having those absurd strolls down memory lane with Haudilox.  Hauxdi is so stuck on herself and so stupid she doesn't realize that Liam is blowing a towering inferno's worth of smoke up her ass.  While Hauxdi's mourning their lost love, Liam's making dinner plans with his fiance.  Honey, if he thought that you were so great, he wouldn't have had his tongue down Hope's throat.   Liam is 'letting' Hauxdi believe that she's moving on because it makes his life easier.  Liam had moved on long before Hauxdilox 'chose herself' but he knew he was going to catch all kinds of hell from every corner.  This way, the breakup of his relationship with Hauxdilox isn't his fault and he can move back to the cabin with a clear conscience.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather off YT, Eric had already left Stephanie before he ever got involved with Brooke.

Eric was going to leave Stephanie for Beth, but Beth reconciled with Stephen, and they left town.  Eric had been cheating on Stephanie for years, but Stephanie always managed to hang onto Eric.  Eric and Stephanie were still married, but in name only due to the Angela lie when Eric got involved with Brooke.  Brooke managed to do what no one else could, including Beth, and that was get Eric permanently away from Stephanie and married to her.  Of course, Eric was the one who wanted the divorce, and wanted to marry Brooke.  Stephanie always managed to conveniently forget that, and do the "Brooke stole my husband, ruined my marriage" nonsense.

TK isn't Ridge and IR isn't Thorne.  They just aren't.  I don't have a problem with recasts.  Thorne was recast twice before IR ever came along.  However, with these recasts, Brad Bell didn't even try to get a believable Ridge or Thorne.  He hired known actors because they are known and tried to shoe horn them into the show.  It's not working.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I don't see any reason to bring in a big name soap actor like IR and stick him with the fucking interns.

Especially when they have Sally. I would like Thorne to get involved with Sally and Spectra Fashions. Sally and Wyatt are fun, but I would rather see her with someone more mature, someone to reign her in, calm her down, and Wyatt is not really gonna do that because he's kind of crazy, wild too.

It's really annoying they brought back Spectra and then just threw it away.

• Love 7

I was only half paying attention to today’s episode but did catch when Steffy was giving her women empowerment speech at the meeting. 

I, as a woman, appreciate what B&B is trying to do but, honestly, the writing is SO cheesy that it just takes you out of the scene. Secondhand embarrassment is real and I found myself just not paying attention after.

It seems they’ve updated the B&B survey so if you got to cbs.com/daytime I recommend you fill it out. They actually asked the right questions (favorite character, who do you want to have more/less screen time, what storyline was good/bad). 

Seeing as how they seemed to have started Bill’s redemption based on Katie giving Bill an earful about being an absentee/jacka** father, I’m guessing they’re trying to get a pulse as to where they should take this and other storylines moving forward. 

Not that I’m biased or anything but...Sally/Wally and a new fashion house got my votes! 

Edited by smijca
  • Love 9

OK. I spent a good half hour completing that survey. I think I covered a lot of ground we've talked about here:

1. Terrible recast of TK

2.  JMW doesn't have the tenure or acting skill to carry the leading lady role and that should go to KKL

3. Brooke needs a decent SL other then being Sludge's (yes, I called him that in the survey) Stepford wife and she needs to play a more significant DEFINED role at FC.

4.. Thorne and Sally are wasted and need to go revamp SF and include the Aly line and maybe have Hope defect with HFTF. FC needs a good rival fashion house for competition. Give Sally more to do than f*** Wyatt all day and Thorne not babysitting interns. (I used nicer language!) Stop wasting skilled actors for hacks.

5.  Have Steffy either happily marry Bill and be a formidable enemy or FC or backburner Steffy and have Bill more focused on  SP AND ... if it would be pulled of convincingly, redeem him for Brooke. (BIG maybe.) 

5. First part of 5, but have Bill end up being Kelly's bio-dad and have those three live unhappily ever after and put a permanent end to the ToD.

6. Nix ALL of the silly teenager storylines and send those three packing.

7.  Cease ALL love triangles, especially ToD.

8. Put the veterans who can actually ACT (Eric, Quinn, Brooke, Katie, Thorne) in the spotlight and give them meaningful SLs, that don't involve having to have a man/woman in their lives.

9.. Charlie and Pam's shelf life has expired and they need to go and that the lemon bar schtick is as stale as the ToD.

10.. Stop ignoring the past (e.g. gondola-gate and before, Phoebe, Aly, Tridge -- meaning that TK and HTy have never shared screen time, etc.)

11. Give closure to SLs, (e.g. Sheila.)

12.  Have stories, especially romances, unfold at a more natural and convincing pace. 

13.  Pay attention to your audience is. It's not teenagers.

I said I wanted to see less of: Steffy, Liam, Hope, Sludge, Emma, Xander, Charlie and Pam. More of : Eric, Quinn, Sane Bill, Brooke, Thorne, Katie and Sally.  

So, I guess I more or less suggested that they fire the entire writing staff and start from scratch!

• Love 13
17 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Eric was going to leave Stephanie for Beth, but Beth reconciled with Stephen, and they left town.  Eric had been cheating on Stephanie for years, but Stephanie always managed to hang onto Eric.  Eric and Stephanie were still married, but in name only due to the Angela lie when Eric got involved with Brooke.  Brooke managed to do what no one else could, including Beth, and that was get Eric permanently away from Stephanie and married to her.  Of course, Eric was the one who wanted the divorce, and wanted to marry Brooke.  Stephanie always managed to conveniently forget that, and do the "Brooke stole my husband, ruined my marriage" nonsense.

Ah, thanks for that. I also seem to remember hearing that Stephanie was the one who, after learning about who Beth was, began stiffing Stephen out and brought his ass back into town, like a certain granddaughter of hers.

So, yep, not feeling the hate for Brooke or that, or most of the other marriages she "wrecked" besides Bridget and Deacon and even there that shelf life was as limited as Ronn Moss's acting range and it would've been something else to end that ill begotten marriage. The men made choices too.

• Love 7
On 8/12/2018 at 6:44 PM, A-Lo said:

Not unless you want to see Ridge prancing about in some blue silk boxer shorts!

Hurls and lunges for the delete button on the remote.

Thanks.  I owe you one.

Edited by Broken Ox
  • Love 2

God, $Bill is an asshole!  He's standing in Katie's (tiny) house and thinks he's allowed to throw his weight around and bully her date?  And this is after he's confessed to not seeing his youngest son for months while he had his nose wide open, chasing his eldest son's wife.  $Bill might be qualified to talk about hair-care or where to purchase the tightest shirts known to man but he's in no position to say word one about being a father.  

I thought Thorne was being very respectful under the circumstances, especially considering that $Bill's piece was the person who killed his daughter and stopped him from being a father.

I sensed a chem-test between $Bill and Katie and all I can say is...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  For the love of all that's holy, PLEASE GOD NO!  I'm praying for the revelation that $Bill is suffering from PTSD or has a brain tumour and that's the cause of his obsession with both Skye and the other inanimate object, Hauxdi.

Hauxdilox has moved from slattern to St. Steffy to comedy gold.  What the absolute fuck is going on with that?  Thankfully everyone has changed their clothes but the bullshit still keeps coming.  The only positive thing about today's episode were the howls of outrage from certain fan bases who thought that Steffy was going to read Hope AND Brooke and send them packing.  That's what happens when speculation becomes a spoiler.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Ah, thanks for that. I also seem to remember hearing that Stephanie was the one who, after learning about who Beth was, began stiffing Stephen out and brought his ass back into town, like a certain granddaughter of hers.

So, yep, not feeling the hate for Brooke or that, or most of the other marriages she "wrecked" besides Bridget and Deacon and even there that shelf life was as limited as Ronn Moss's acting range and it would've been something else to end that ill begotten marriage. The men made choices too.

She was.  Stephanie also arranged for the job Stephen was offered.  Of course, Stephanie didn't force Beth and Stephen to reconcile.  She just set the stage.

If Bridget wanted to hate Brooke forever, I would be fine with that.  I didn't like Brooke pretending to be Caroline's friend in order to get close to Ridge.  Everyone else though was completely on board with their own schemes.  That includes Stephanie, Taylor, Macy, Ridge, Eric, Thorne, etc.

However, Brooke has no business criticizing Steffy or anyone else for their behavior.  I also never felt sorry for Brooke when she would strip down to her underwear, beg a guy to have sex with her, and then whine if she got turned down.  Brooke is not and has never been a victim.

• Love 4

Wonder if Bill keeps a car seat for Will in his vintage sports car? Odd that Katie didn't give him any warning that he'd be taking his son back home with him. Hopefully he drove the SUV.

Still not impressed with Steffy's Kabuki meets chola look. But ditto comments upthread, is she running for president or something? I could've sworn I saw rainbows and unicorns flying out of her...mouth.

Heh, Thorne read Bill like the Gutenberg Bible translated into Wingdings. I'm surprised Bill didn't punch him. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

TK isn't Ridge and IR isn't Thorne.  They just aren't.  I don't have a problem with recasts.  Thorne was recast twice before IR ever came along.  However, with these recasts, Brad Bell didn't even try to get a believable Ridge or Thorne.  He hired known actors because they are known and tried to shoe horn them into the show.  It's not working.

This show has reached a point where it can't sustain two families.  I'm not sure it can sustain one family.  The cast is simultaneously too thin and bloated which is an interesting feat to pull off.  It feels like they have a lot of legacy Foresters that really have no story except to periodically attend a FC board meeting, speech, or ToD wedding.  At the same time, everyone has had a relationship with everyone they aren't biologically related to and sometimes those they are so everyone is trapped in an infinite loop.  The reason why the ToD will never end... there is no viable alternative to Liam.  In the old days, a break up is usually near to a casting announcement.  Here we are just spinning our wheels until there is a wedding and a miscarriage (just guessing) and Liam ends up trapped pining for Steffy and then reverse, wash, rinse, and repeat. 

Its sad really.  Soaps in general have seemed to reach a point where they are just trying to stay on air as long as they can.  Being good isn't a consideration.  They've all basically accepted that they can't launch a new family or a new character and grab viewers.  They are just hanging on to people's memories and their hope that maybe some day they will see an inkling of the show that hooked them.

I'm of the option that if the length of history characters boxes the show in and the writers can't find a way to leverage that history and those relationships, then its time to clean house.

One great way to do that would have been to use the realities of soaps today in which there are a lot of popular actors without a job to bring new eyeballs.  The way to do that is not to make TK and IR recasts of Ridge and Thorne.  There isn't room on the show for both of them to have storylines, clearly, so why not make one of them a new character with no attachments and give them storyline potential.  And every other character on canvas a new relationship to spread that potential around.

The one thing that sets B&B apart, which I find truly bizarre, is that they intentionally created the exact same dynamics in the younger generation as in the legacy characters.  Its almost like they realized that B&B had a formula and they tried to recreate magic in a bottle with Brooke Hope, Ridge Liam, Taylor Steffy, and Thorne Wyatt (and I'm not entirely certain that Bill isn't some weird combination of Stephanie and Eric) and at one point it was the plan for the continuation of the show when they had to cut the legacy characters loose to age or retention or pay disputes.  But it didn't work so well but they don't know how to start over with the next generation either.

And that took a swerve I didn't expect that I don't know how to wrap up. I guess that is a long winded way to say I agree, recasting Thorne and Ridge with IR and TK was bad. 

And just a drive by wish.  I'd really like it if a serial killer hit town and rebooted the show ala Loving transforming into The City.  It didn't work long term but it made for a few enjoyable months instead of this eternal Groundhog's Day we are trapped in.

4 hours ago, smijca said:

I, as a woman, appreciate what B&B is trying to do but, honestly, the writing is SO cheesy that it just takes you out of the scene. Secondhand embarrassment is real and I found myself just not paying attention after.

It was embarrassing and all it really did was emphasize that the show has no actual respect for women given the way they are portrayed in relationships.  I actually took a minute to check to see if they'd had enough time since filming to add in "rah rah" women empowerment speeches because of the Les Moonves allegations.  They didn't.

36 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I sensed a chem-test between $Bill and Katie and all I can say is...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 

I'm torn between whether they were thinking about doing that or if it was setting up something with Steffy.  I couldn't help but notice that Bill is supposed to be taking care of Will and Steffy mentioned an after work play date for Kelly.  Not entirely certain they are done with Steffy and Bill and might be setting them coming together as "single parents" and they get closer without manipulation on Bill's part as Hope and Liam start to fall apart. I'm thinking they might have decided they wanted Liam to be protective of Steffy against Bill in a way that Steffy (and Bill) are less culpable for than revenge engagement.  I wanted to caveat the hell out of these statements.  Just take it as "if I think like a writer where up is down and right is wrong and nonsense makes sense."

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 11
On 8/7/2018 at 10:13 AM, ByaNose said:

can we please get rid of Zoe, Xander & Emma. OMG! This is soooooooooo bad. It's not even high school drama class worthy.

Every day that I tune in, I wonder how much worse Emma's acting can get. And every day, I find out the answer to my own question. My god.

• Love 12
On 8/8/2018 at 8:09 PM, RedRockRosie said:

I am always taken out of the scene by trying to figure out just what all that girl has done to her face. Such a shame these young women think they need to do all these surgical procedures - especially when they are so young!

I miss her old nose. I mean, probably about 3 noses ago.

• Love 6

Has Kelly been SOARS-ed already? A play date? I thought she was maybe two months old at tops. I know that a new actor is playing Will, so I'm guessing he's going to be about 6-7, since the HT's son looked like he was about 4. How's that gonna work out?

That meeting looked like a 1960s feminists of the roundtable type of gathering, with the queen working the room and knighting each woman in attendance. Of course, FC can be generous with the perks and women in leadership. It's a f-ing family company. By happenstance, it's a very small family with most of its members being female. What else are they going to do?  Additionally, Steffy's speech seemed like a poor riff on "it takes a village ... " Yeah, a village to raise Kelly, oh yeah ... and the "udder ones" (TM) Yolanda Foster. How more self-serving and f-ed up was that? 

I also thought that the writers were chem testing HT and DD again. Please, no ... even Bill undergoes a complete brain/personality transplant, I don't want to see that happen. I would rather see him back with Brooke. She seemed like the best match of the three for him. While Bill and Steffy may have been separated at birth, two rights don't make a wrong. Brooke truly did make him a better person. Or, keep Bill as is, get rid of Stef-bot and let the two nasties cause chaos and mayhem together in all of their wicked glory. 

I am all for characters having some flashes of insight and gradually making positive changes in their lives. Again, like I put in my survey responses, the "insta" factor of this show is a huge jarring turn-off. This applies not only to relationships, but also to abrupt changes in personality, morals, outlook on life, etc., NONE of that changes overnight, especially for the likes of Steffy and Bill.  

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I am all for characters having some flashes of insight and gradually making positive changes in their lives. Again, like I put in my survey responses, the "insta" factor of this show is a huge jarring turn-off. This applies not only to relationships, but also to abrupt changes in personality, morals, outlook on life, etc., NONE of that changes overnight, especially for the likes of Steffy and Bill.  

This is the fundamental problem of no one on this show having any new character or circumstance to respond to.  There is no way to gradually and understandably evolve.  Everything is baffling and BS because the last thirty times this happened, the character didn't act this way and there is no reason to believe it will stick this time.

The most irritating thing about Steffy proclaiming she is a strong independent woman is that they are glossing the nugget with more potential and is more believable.  That is Steffy's realization that she is repeating Taylor's cycle and wants to break the pattern for Kelly.  I would much rather see those conversations with Hope, Brooke, and Ridge that what we are getting.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I sensed a chem-test between $Bill and Katie and all I can say is...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  For the love of all that's holy, PLEASE GOD NO! 

I'm no fan of Still, but there's no need to revisit Batie ever again. They were refreshing for many two weeks before they got married and Bill was eyeing Steffy before the ink had dried on the papers. And also him leaving her for Brooke. Twice.

No thanks. If $Bill wants Steffy that much after all this shit, he can have her.

19 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

The cast is simultaneously too thin and bloated which is an interesting feat to pull off.  It feels like they have a lot of legacy Foresters that really have no story except to periodically attend a FC board meeting, speech, or ToD wedding.  At the same time, everyone has had a relationship with everyone they aren't biologically related to and sometimes those they are so everyone is trapped in an infinite loop. 

This show's problem isn't the number of characters, but the piss poor utilization. The cast size hasn't shrunk that much over the years, but there have been a noticeable drop in what I call floater characters: that is, those individuals who interact with the cast and mix it up, but are not related to or that strongly connected to the the main families. That was Amber when she came on, and Deacon. They could've done that with Liam. Even most great classic soap characters started like this, including Victor Newman and John Abbott (or was it Jack who appeared first?).

The last time there was a really decent mix was around 2005. Nick had not been ruined, Amber was on her last leg and there was Kaitlyn and Hector around and the Spectras were still around. And then, Amber was given her walking papers right as Taylor returned. Once TIIC  saw sit to ruin Nick with jealousy, he became the guy every woman wanted. The Spectras became less of a force as Darlene Conley's health declined until eventually Darla was killed off...and bizarrely, they brought back a SORASed but decidedly underaged Phoebe and have her only two love interests be two guys pushing 30.

All of that was around 2005-'07, when the show first truly beginning to get insular to me, when CBS was cutting daytime budgets left and right. That B&B didn't take the extreme cut in quality like the P&G shows or even Y&R is thanks to the overseas fanbase keeping the series afloat, but they did cut until there were only Spencers and Forresters.

They don't need a smaller cast, but they need to trim the fat. IR needs to go. I wouldn't miss TK, either. And with such a small cast, neither Charlie nor Pam, whose major tie to the show has been gone for nearly six years now, need to be regulars holding space for other characters.

Boom. Four spots for new characters that can interact with the younger cast or fill out that middle range that is currently non-existent with Rick gone.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5

Thorne just needs something to do.  Unfortunately the last time Thorne was really mixing it up on B&B was when Jeff Trachta was playing Thorne over 20 years ago. 

I don't mind Xander or Zoe but Emma needs to go.  How are you an intern telling the family that owns the business what they need to do? Girl bye.

Marry Hope & Liam and shove them to the background for a while.  Have Bill & Steffy get together but organically, like they bond over as somone upthread mentioned, as single parents or something.

Have Zoe be Justin's long lost daughter. Have father and daughter mix it up.

Get rid of Charlie.  No further explaination needed.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm torn between whether they were thinking about doing that or if it was setting up something with Steffy.  I couldn't help but notice that Bill is supposed to be taking care of Will and Steffy mentioned an after work play date for Kelly.  Not entirely certain they are done with Steffy and Bill and might be setting them coming together as "single parents" and they get closer without manipulation on Bill's part 

I was thinking all that 'you're not a good father while you've been obsessed with Steffy' was one more hint that Kelly is Bill's. Ignoring one child in favor of the other (ultimately), getting another chance, etc.

• Love 4

I would rather see Bill and Steffy have a real relationship, than the "I am woman, hear me roar" stuff.  So long as all these women waste their lives chasing men, the message falls flat.  Actions speak louder than words so enough with the speeches.

• Love 4

Much to my relief, Dolla seems pretty much over the Steffy obsession. Much like "Skye" it was short but did much damage to everyone involved. Unfortunately, Thorne just issued a challenge, launching a new\old one. Katie and Will. Dolla doesn't really want Katie but he'll take her to prove he is the bestest father ever to Will. I hope Katie doesn't fall for that crap again but her track record with this is abysmal. 

• Love 9

Hard pass to whatever they are toying with regarding Batie. I didn't mind them during much of their first go-round but after the first divorce, never again. If Bill is going to resurrect any of his past relationships, it needs to be with Brooke and that's only if he does the work to fix it which is a mighty big if.

Finally, Ingo is being given something else to do besides interact with the kiddie set because that had to be annoying as hell. And while I didn't care for his insta-relationship with Katie, they do have chemistry and are cute together.

DklDp4eV4AA0UBm.jpg

DkluDvLUcAAWhwS.jpg

Speaking of annoying, TIIC need to stop with Hauxdi and her pontificating at the conference table and forcing the other ladies to feign awe and gratitude for her troweled on heavier than her makeup speech, especially when her only significant accomplishment of late was getting FC back entirely in the family fold but that was achieved by her actions of being a loose booty ho in the guesthouse because everything stemmed from that night.

I mean, their faces speak volumes:

Quinn (flabbergasted)

Maya (dafaq?)

DklV4MCW0AERh-f.jpg

Brooke (annoyed)

Hope (amused)

DklV4L-W0AAwWfA.jpg

But she's the heir apparent to Rosie the Riveter folks...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

DknMd4EU0AAaraS.jpg

Also, how quickly Steffy "I don't need a man to define" me forgets that all she's done in front of Liam of late is cry and cry and cry some more.

I don't need there to be some cutesy girlpower crap - I just need the ladies to stop whining, crying, begging or fighting over some worthless man. It's really that simple.

I am SMH at the survey prompt - I gave them an earful - and then some - about what I did and did not what to see on the show. One of the "do not want to see - period - let alone more of" folks was Steffy and we all know how well that turned out. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 12

I would trust Steffy a lot more if she didn’t keep up the passive aggressive shit with Liam. Stop telling Liam how hard it is. Stop telling Liam that you are a strong woman who is going to make it on her own. Stop telling Liam how you are gonna make it work. Stop telling Liam and do it. Without tears and sadness. If you have indeed found your inner woman, and are going to go it alone, then be happy you made a decisive decision, embrace your new found independence, put a smile on your face, and STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

Of all the woman at that table, the only ones who have made a true impact are Brooke and Quinn. Hope has made her contributions for sure, but she is still a fledgling, and continues developing her wings. And Maya? Oh dear. The homewrecker, who was made Lead Model to piss off the CEO’s soon to be ex-wife? I have to give that a very forceful NO. Katie? Well, actually, Thorne as Katie? I am having some trouble here too. Katie has done some stuff, but all short lived, and done out of vengeance. So, NO, I don’t think so. Steffy? Another big fat NO. The one thing that Steffy is good at is getting shares outta Bill. Now, Quinn has some treadwear. She came up the hard way, cobbling together a viable business while raising a son. And she has transitioned to sanity and stability quite well. Brooke’s accomplishments have been well documented. However, I remain confused what this initiative is all about. The Forrester Women do not represent the masses. They do not represent the majority of working women. Most working women don’t drive Mercedes, or Porsche’s, or Beamers. They don’t live in million dollar mansions, have nannies, the freedom of coming to work as they please, and taking extended vacations after having father-in-law sex. The whole thing smacks of trying to hard. It feels like trying to switch gears without applying the clutch. I am gagging on the force fed gruel they are shoveling; trying to send the message that Bell LA women are strong, independent, and emancipated. PFFFT! You must show me this Show for it to be so. In her fifties, and the mother of five, Brooke was still chasing her destiny as late as a year ago. Additionally, this once brilliant CEO, has been reduced to a glorified folder carrier. Katie was going to be independent too. She bought the house and was doing the gym and getting involved in different activities. But all that went out the door when she decided she wanted to be the next Mrs. Eric Forrester, and we have not heard anything about it since. Hope and Steffy? Do I really have to spell it out. Maya? The only one who has experienced true independence is Quinn, and that has been shoved under the carpet in order to keep her as Eric’s wife. Oh, they have a long way to go to correct the misogyny Show has exhibited for decades.

They most definitely were chem testing Katie and Bill, and again a big ole NO to that ish. Twice was enough Mmmkay Show? While I don’t feel Katie and Thorne at all, I still prefer them to Bill/Katie. And Bill can shove off with his interference in Katie’s life. I didn’t see her running over to Bill’s to tell him about his insanity with chasing his pregnant daughter-in-law. I didn’t see her running to Bill to tell him he was crap as a father. So shut up Bill. Thorne may be a Forrester, but he is cut from different cloth than Ridge, and historically has been the better of the brother’s. I did relish Katie’s smackdown though. I totally appreciated her nonchalance laced with accusation and venom. And it appears Katie got through the fugue state Bill’s mind has been in for months and he tasted reality again. All the same; Bill has much to account for, and I am not ready to forgive and forget just yet.

Katie and Thorne’s behavior when they saw Sally and Wyatt? Hey, you too buffoons, you are the ones that falsely accused Sally of sending the threatening emails. You should both be on your knees begging for Sally’s forgiveness, especially you Thorne. But instead, you hire the person who was really sending the messages, giving her a prime modeling gig, while still looking down your noses at Sally and treating her like second hand goods.

That bikini Sally was wearing? I want it. But it must come complete with Courtney Hope’s amazing body.

Edited because I saw this after I posted:

5b7459252fd54_steffytwo.thumb.jpg.6d53f00acfa8cc7a5cc00427ce219a85.jpg

I was enjoying a very nice salad, which I had to clean off my monitor after seeing this!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13

CountryGirl & RuntheTable....I want to give your posts a million likes!!!  Well said!!

OMG. Rosie Steffy the Riveter. (That was the exact image that came to mind during yesterdays crapfest show-the original WWII poster.) That girl has absolutely NO CLUE what women power really is. None at all.

Obviously neither do the writers.

Edited by RedRockRosie
clarity & forgot stuff
  • Love 7

Dang it, Bill treated Katie like crap and nearly drove the woman insane and yet I always liked Batie and DD and HT have the chemistry and talent to always NAIL their scenes.  I appreciated that in many ways she wasn't just his conscience and better angel but his heart however Brooke/Steffy seem a better soul match.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I would trust Steffy a lot more if she didn’t keep up the passive aggressive shit with Liam. Stop telling Liam how hard it is. Stop telling Liam that you are a strong woman who is going to make it on her own. Stop telling Liam how you are gonna make it work. Stop telling Liam and do it. Without tears and sadness. If you have indeed found your inner woman, and are going to go it alone, then be happy you made a decisive decision, embrace your new found independence, put a smile on your face, and STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

EXACTLY. 

The rest of the post was on point because the majority of women who do it alone don't have stable jobs (as much as anything in FC is "stable") or homes they own outright or money for nannies to watch the kids for work or even just for a night out. 

Women go it alone don't have time to tell everyone and their mother about how strong and capable they are, because they're way too busy trying to survive to the next paycheck. How many speeches did Beth Logan make about keeping her family afloat after Stephen skipped town and self-praise when she had two children in college at the same time, another daughter running off with a guy she barely knew, a third daughter who was struggling with image issues AND harboring another young woman in her home at the lowest point in her life? I also believe she was caring for Stephen's mother as well.

Not even Quinn can touch Beth Logan.

• Love 9

Well, yay you, Steffy. You’re a strong, independent woman ready to make it through life on your own raising your “little girl”. That’s great except that you’re really rich, have a house on the beach, a nanny, a family to help you, a day care in your business that your family GAVE you, etc, etc. This really makes me sick in this day with so many single moms/dads trying to take care of their children. This show is SO out of touch with 2018. Dear God, please ship Slutty off to another planet. And teach her how to act while she’s there. 

• Love 7

I am co-signing on everybody's comments about the absurdity of Steffy's "empowered women's" sermon. It really is insulting because it is patronizing and completely out of touch with women who need it the most. I watched my BFF of 30+ years struggle as a single mother to a son. She left her husband when the child was an infant because of the lazy husband's drug abuse. (At least it wasn't physical.) The father didn't contribute in any way to his son -- in presence, care-giving, financially, the whole nine yards. He pulled tricks like being self-employed and not reporting any income to avoid child support and it couldn't be proven, enforced or garnished. BUT ... if she refused to let her ex see the kid, she was in contempt of court. Fair, right? Meanwhile, my friend worked her ass off in her chosen field, which was in education, and in a hostile work environment. Her parents, who lived halfway across the country, helped as much as they could, but they weren't rich. It was very difficult for her. She drove old beater cars until they fell apart and had second-hand furniture in her home. Juggling after-school care was a nightmare because her employer did not provide on-site childcare. I could go on and on. But, my friend never complained (well, some about the asshole ex-, which he rightfully deserved) nor did she wave a banner declaring how "special and strong" she was. 

I think if I had been Quinn, I would have either laughed in Steffy's face or thrown something at her. You know that Steffy was looking at every woman sitting around that table as a source of support for HER and the PBG -- whether it was for childcare, a shoulder to cry on, to manipulate Liam ... There's nothing else in it for the rest of them. 

Today was a pretty good show, due to the lack of Steffy, Sludge and the interns. I ff'd through the Lope love scenes. Good acting from HT, IR and DD.  Am I imaging this, or does that little snot-nosed brat who now plays Will have more acting talent than Slouchy? He was obnoxious as hell, yet you could clearly tell that his acting out was due to anger, disappointment and frustration at Bill. I would have picked up on that even if I didn't know the back story, so good job, kid!

I have a sinking feeling that we might be seeing a prelude to Batie 3.0. At first, I was unsure if Bill decided that if he can't move on with a partner, then neither can Katie OR if it was just because she's with a Far-rester OR if he is jealous that Katie has a new man in her life that isn't Wyatt. I was definitely picking up on Door #3 today. Please ... NO! FFS, can't these writers exercise one iota of imagination? Bill really deserves to be alone for a good long time. He clearly can't distinguish between "love" and "possession." I know that it is too much to ask to bring on a new man who isn't related to any of the characters for Katie, so why can't she be happy with Thorne?  They seem like a rootable couple.

• Love 11