Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

Almost 6-7months later and I still feel nothing about this surrogacy or pregnancy. It's just too damn perfect. At least Sasha acknowledges how unusual it is. "She's giving birth to your cousin." And she was wondering how somebody can just give up their bub with no fanfare. That's a huge gift. Where's the struggle? All this PC mess with Maya is overkill.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 9

Speaking of no fanfare, I was shocked at the blink-and-you-missed-it moment that Nicole went into labor.  I thought there would be much more ado for the next chapter in the sacred pregnancy.

• Love 6

Wow, this hospital has no security at all if Zende can dress in scrubs, lurk in the corner and witness the birth. Creepy.

i don't know how Nicole gave birth, because it looked like she was sitting straight up. The baby is darling!

• Love 9

I really don't want to watch Nicole attempt to emote any "fanfare." I'm sure Bell is eager to move her from blessed incubator to third leg in his favorite shape, the love triangle. Maybe Zende will finally take her on a date outside the Forrester mansion.

• Love 6

I'm confused. Was there a Friday cliffhanger with Nicole going into labor? Everyone was talking casualy about it and then you see Nicole leaning over the desk looking constipated. It was very anti-climatic and written as an afterthought. It was very un-May during Sweeps like to me. I guess after the Thomas reveal Brad Bell didn't have anything else to write.

• Love 5

So, that's it?  Nicole just happily hands the baby over, gushing about the look in St. Maya's eyes making it all worth it?  No sadness over handing over the baby she just grew and bonded with for nine months?  Yeah, that's realistic, show.  

• Love 13

As far as names I'm thinking Ava(nt) Nicole Forrester.

Something funny someone pointed out, Amber's daughter Rosie is Baby Raya's cousin as well as Dougie's. If B&B is on in 10 years those kids are gonna be SORASED with Rosie and Baby Raya as frenemies competing for Dougie. Good times.

• Love 2

Even though I know it's just to continue love triangle #4076, yuck. I really hate that once again, Nicole's surrogacy is really all about Zzzzzende.

That said, and I am for sure grading on a curve, but I thought Nicole did a good job of portraying exhaustion, relief, happiness, and some possibly regret watching her family with the baby. Until boring badhair came in to claim her now that her womb is empty. 6 weeks Zzzzende, better string Sasha along that long so you don't have to go without. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

So, that's it?  Nicole just happily hands the baby over, gushing about the look in St. Maya's eyes making it all worth it?  No sadness over handing over the baby she just grew and bonded with for nine months?  Yeah, that's realistic, show.  

You didn't get the memo? It's not about the baby it's about the damn triangle that's about to start. Or what jenrising said

• Love 3

That was quite possibly the most anticlimactic birth scene in forever and a half. She went from I'm amazing/it's amazing to sucking face with Zende. "This is your auntie Nicole." *barf*

And why was she all alone? Perfect makeup and a perfect blowout for the perfect birth of the most perfect baby. Where's hospital security? Where did he get scrubs and all the medical attire? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

And why was she all alone? Perfect makeup and a perfect blowout for the perfect birth of the most perfect baby. Where's hospital security? Where did he get scrubs and all the medical attire? 

Well you know Charlie works there part-time

• Love 6

Our long nightmare is finally over and baby Raya is here! I had some favorite moments about the birth:

1. Rick couldn't even lose the suit and tie when his surrogate baby mama was in labor. Always the dapper gentlemen, our little Napoleon.

2. Every person on the medical team was wearing masks, which was obviously so Zzzzzzzende could go undetected, but none of the family was wearing anything over their faces, only the smock-type covering (which is also odd to me, considering I just recently gave birth, and not one person out of the 20 or so in the room, was wearing that smock, save for my OB - I know every hospital is different, I'm just saying it seemed like overkill).

3. Unless Zende was roaming the halls for a long time, which didn't appear to be the case on-screen, Nicole sure got time to herself quickly; no sign of Rick, Maya, Vivian or Baby Raya, or even anyone on the medical staff just moments after giving birth for the first time.

4. Nicole sure got her libido back quickly. She had given birth moments before Zende popped into her room, again, assuming he wasn't roaming the halls for several hours, but she sure jumped on a makeout session quickly!

Finally, I've been out-of-touch with the board for awhile while I was on my maternity leave (it's too hard to type much on a phone, and a laptop and a newborn don't mix so well!), but I've always liked Katie, and I never understood why everyone else hated her. Ugh, after this whole buttinsky thing with baby Douglas, I am firmly on team "I Hate Katie". Geez, for someone who's recently had her secret stash of alcohol outed, which caused her to go nuclear on her sister, she sure didn't hesitate to stick her nose in something that had absolutely nothing at all to do with her.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Seriously, that's what happened? I'm not going to watch it online tonight then. I can't stand St. Maya and Little Ricky so I definitely don't want to see the gushing over their perfect baby.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Seriously, that's what happened? I'm not going to watch it online tonight then. I can't stand St. Maya and Little Ricky so I definitely don't want to see the gushing over their perfect baby.

Yep. You'll also miss Rick gushing over how "I'm a dad!" I may be relatively new to B&B, but, um, isn't he already a dad?  What happened to that kid? 

I will give credit to AMH, though, who managed to convey some ambiguity in Mama Avant's tears as Nicole handed the baby over to Maya, whether it was in the script or not.  You just aren't entirely sure if her tears were all of happiness over her new grandbaby or partially some sadness for her younger daughter handing that baby over like that. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Considering how PC every other aspect of Maya's transgender reveal story has been, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the case. The bulk of Nicole's drama has been about her milktoast non-relationship with Zende.

OTOH, this is still The Bold and the Beautiful and it still retains more of its core quirks than the other shows.I won't be shocked if Brooke tries pushing Rick onto Nicole if baby Raya starts crying too much and Maya doesn't bond with him/her fast enough. 

PC exactly, and for that reason Zende goes back to Nicole and Nicole will have no pangs, of motherhood, towards the "greatest gift" in the world. 

Nicole and Zende are as exciting as watching pain dry.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm really surprised they didn't go the C-section route with Nicole. Betting cash money her delivery scene will be on the actress' Emmy nomination reel.

Ugh, I loathe Zende with the heat of a galaxy of suns. As soon as Nicole's about to deliver that annoying c-blocking baby he's all up in her space again. Why the eff was he at the delivery, and hiding so nobody could see him? He basically used Sasha as a place to park his peen while Nicole was too icky for him, all pregnant and stuff. And now he's trying to be noble about Nicole's sacrifice? Boy, bye. You are a user and sadly, Sasha and Nicole are willing victims because your last name is Forrester. Grrrr.

So is Nicole going to have to pump her milk for the baby? I am flabbergasted at how utterly selfish Maya is. She'd have no problem asking "Auntie" to be a wet nurse for several more months. I think Nicole should make them pay her a salary if that happens.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'm disappointed in how Zende has turned out. It's no surprise, but still disappounting.

The last few weeks aside, I don't feel sad about Sasha being used, though. She practically threw herself at him the minute Nicole started showing, much like Steffy did with Liam when he dated Hope. He can't even say he loves her, FFS. But, she seems like a viable character in her own right, so I hope she'll stick around a little bit, even after TIIC find some reason to shuffle the rest of them off the show.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

A hospital ?  Really ? Couldn't they afford a kiddie pool birth like all the cool kids are having ?

Funny enough, I had a friend of mine that told me water births are illegal in California.

As a native Californian, I was surprised by this, given how crunchy many areas in SoCal particularly can be.

• Love 1

Never fear, those who don't want Rick/Maya baby happiness,

Spoiler

Since according to spoilers it looks like Sasha is going to fake a pregnancy to keep Zzzzzzende, I'm sure once that happens Nicole will want her baby back because EVERYTHING is going to have to be about this stupid love triangle.

Can someone push this show off a cliff?

• Love 6

Between today and yesterday we got a couple of moments where Rick and Maya were basically all "Yeah, incubator, stay here while we go do such and such" (most notably the end of today's episode where Nicole was literally all alone in her hospital room and even Vivienne was gone).  This is what makes me wonder if Vanessa Williams-chibi is indeed really going to be okay with, circumstances aside, giving up her baby to her sister and brother-in-law.

That said, I actually didn't like Soulverine's hard 180 today on Nicole's surrogacy--and I'm not even counting the whole "My planet needs me" lie he made to Sasha, followed by his jacking some scrubs and sneaking into Nicole's hospital room.  It came off as really abrupt and graceless and entirely in the name of glomming Zencole fully back together again, and it's something they really could have done a better job with.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If Brooke was being a worried mother, why didn't she...oh, I don't know....go to the hospital?!?!?!?!

Now that I think about, Brooke's shown far more interest in the CaRidge baby drama than she's ever shown about Rick and Maya's little spawn. I mean, WTH? This is Brooke's first granddaughter, FFS.

Why does this show suck so hard? >:(

I miss the days when characters had overlapping stories and interests. You'd think for Rick's first child (that the writers will acknowledge) that we could also get a cameo from Bridget and Hope, and the latter could chime in about the madness that is Quinn/Liam/Steffy/Wyatt while giving thanks that she dodged that bullet.

'Course, my preferred scenario would be Little Eric's return as he tries to find the family that raised him as a child and then maybe Amber comes in to stir up trouble too. It'd also give Deacon a reason to stick around besides being a prop for the inevitable Liam/Quinn (Liann?) pairing, and there'd be another character who is a bigger gold digger than Maya. The writers would fuck that up, the way they did the Tridge kids' stories and Hope learning of her paternity, however.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm disappointed in Sasha. She just seems like a quasi-bad girl. A true bad-ass wouldn't be acting so desperate. She'd be out on the town having a blast and giving Zzzzzende all kinds of reasons to be worried and jealous that she might hook up with another man. She'd make him so crazy that he'd be unable to keep his hands off of HER, not this pathetic role reversal. Shit. That kind of needy clingy behavior would drive away even a man who really was into her.

Actually Rick said, "I'm a dad ... again." I think it would be awesome to bring Amber and little ABC...XYZ back, but I thought they drove off a cliff or something (ala Thelma & Louise) on Y&R and perished. I'd be kind of interested in Amber setting her sights on the "other" Spencer brother. However, since Liam didn't marry Amber and really couldn't stand her, that might diminish her stock greatly in Wyatt's eyes. I could also pull for Sashatt, if push came to shove. Let Zzzzzende go back to dead-eyed Nicole.

I also didn't understand why Brooke and Eric didn't rush to the hospital. At the very least, they could have hung out in the waiting room. Also, why did the door to Nicole's room say "OR?"  It looked like a regular exam room in a doctor's office. I was surprised that many people could crowd in there and I was really hoping that Daddy Avant would bust in at the last minute.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 4

I think the door to the room said OB. Because, you know, clearly the door was more fascinating that ZZZZZende. 

I thought there were a few moments where Nicole looked wistful about the baby but clearly I was hallucinating that because she clearly had other priorities, namely, making out in her hospital bed with Zende as if she hadn't just given birth. I'm sure her lady bits just magically healed.

Grandma Viv brought it as usual. 

I wouldn't mind seeing little Eric back but no thank you to Amber. Maya at her worst isn't enough to make me wish for Scamber Scrunchy's return. I do have to admit I was touched seeing Rick and Maya hold their daughter. Probably because I was reminded of the fact that Rick's other two children died at birth. Plus, the baby was all kinds of adorable. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Wyatt and Sasha together - thirsty birds of a feather and all that.

I'm glad Mr. Avant (say it like Sasha) wasn't there. He would have made it all about him, as usual.

• Love 9

She'd be out on the town having a blast and giving Zzzzzende all kinds of reasons to be worried and jealous that she might hook up with another man.

Heh, Zende probably couldn't care less whether Sasha gets with another man. As long as he's getting his until Nicole's ready and willing, he's happy to have Sasha making herself available. All he has to do is string her along for another six weeks or so.

(edited)

It has been a year since I had a baby, buttttt I don't remember my hubby or anyone just walking around holding a baby for health reasons and without proper identification. She had more bracelets on her little arms and legs. They had to scan each one and visually match the bracelets. So Rick and Maya just walking around holding her makes little sense to me. Plus, my baby was housed in-suite, but she she still had to spend time in the nursery for a period of time.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8

I'm guessing they're going to bottle feed, so there's no bonding motherly through Nicole and the baby.

Is Sasha really pregnant or did she know where Zende was going with his talk and pulled out a trap fake pregnancy?

• Love 2

Could Eric be anymore disingenuous?  With Brooke, he's always on Rick's side but he knows dam well that Rick acted like a little baby instead of the man that he's so proud of.  Am I wrong or was Stephanie not very fond of Rick so why would she be thrilled about being a grandparent to his baby.

I found it a little disturbing that Nicole showed more affection towards Zende than the baby she just gave birth to.  Nicole has such a big heart, yeah right!

The best part of the day was Sasha telling Zende she was pregnant. That put such a smile on my face because Saint Nicole is going to be in for a rude awakening.  I wonder if Sasha knows it worked for Steffy to get her man. I just hope there is no motorcycles in her future of she knows better than to wear 4" heals on the backyard stairs.  

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:01 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

I really don't want to watch Nicole attempt to emote any "fanfare." I'm sure Bell is eager to move her from blessed incubator to third leg of his favorite shape, the love triangle. Maybe Zende will finally take her on a date outside the Forrester mansion.

It certainly looks that way, with Zende in adoration of Nicole's delivery and hand-off of no greater gift than the Magical Surrogacy Baby.

<blerg>

20 hours ago, grisgris said:

I'm disappointed in Sasha. She just seems like a quasi-bad girl. A true bad-ass wouldn't be acting so desperate. She'd be out on the town having a blast and giving Zzzzzende all kinds of reasons to be worried and jealous that she might hook up with another man. She'd make him so crazy that he'd be unable to keep his hands off of HER, not this pathetic role reversal. Shit. That kind of needy clingy behavior would drive away even a man who really was into her.

When you're the fuckbuddy on the bottom rung of the Forrester girlfriend ladder, you have to think fast ... Like stop Zende from giving you the brush off and announcing: I'M PREGATIVE WITH YOUR ZENDE SPAWN! LET' S FUCK ALL NIGHT TO CELEBRATE!

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Could Eric be anymore disingenuous?  With Brooke, he's always on Rick's side but he knows dam well that Rick acted like a little baby instead of the man that he's so proud of.  Am I wrong or was Stephanie not very fond of Rick so why would she be thrilled about being a grandparent to his baby.

Eric initial response to any family discord or crisis is to waver between both families of children, and do as little as possible to avoid all-out warfare. Eric was indoctrinated and lead by Stephanie from the beginning to put Ridge first and foremost in all things Forrester, including their marriage -- Ridge was placed first in the company, first in the family, and his sex life was first consideration and had to be directed by Stephanie -- This is a difficult habit to break for TIIC and Eric. Without Stephanie to dictate behavior, Eric is more wishy-washy and indecisive. It was ridiculous that Eric allowed Ridge to manipulate him with his highly expurgated romantic retelling of Stephanie Forrester, Matriarch, and goad Rick and family out of the mansion.

With Brooke, she insinuates herself with Eric, flirting and making everything personal, falling back on her romantic retelling of how great their marriage/relationship was, and how important their children are to them. Bitch, please ... Where's Bridget, RJ and Jack? Anywhere but in proximity to their mother.

Rick and Ridge have been fighting over the same scrap of family history and recognition for years -- Both Eric and Brooke fuel this rivalry feeding the considerable egos of both sons, coddling their grudges and rewarding bad behavior.

Ridge wanted back into the Forrester Mansion for family tradition and Motherrrr, by ousting the prior residents? This isn't Siberia, so go fuck yourself and buy your own house, Stalin.

Rick wants to oust Ridge and family from the mansion and Forrester Creations by exposing some idiot secret Ridge is hiding about something? Grow the fuck up and buy your own house, Twerp.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

Does Nicole get a portrait now ?

Not so fast, Sasha's in town! I wonder if Sasha will have the nerve to tell Maya of her plans to be matriarch :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
(edited)

I would rather see Nicole bond with her baby, resulting in conflict with Maya, than Nicole and Sasha fighting for Zzzende's boring ass. But I guess that won't happen. Funny how Thomas had this uncanny attraction to what turned out to be his son, but Nicole, who went through childbirth, seems to have no such attraction. Pathetic writing.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 13

If Zende wants this pregnancy to go away, he doesn't have to mention an abortion.  Just have Steffy hang out with Sasha and Sasha will be falling down the stairs and slipping on flat ground almost immediately.  Sasha is becoming a DEFCON 1 level clinger.

I like how they've handled the birth.  There doesn't need to be unnecessary drama in every situation just because this is a soap opera.  Vivienne has given these little looks showing her discomfort with the situation, but she's decided not to blow it up.  I'm fine with that.  It's not outrageous to think Nicole could be okay with this.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, nasir jones said:

If Zende wants this pregnancy to go away, he doesn't have to mention an abortion.  Just have Steffy hang out with Sasha and Sasha will be falling down the stairs and slipping on flat ground almost immediately.  Sasha is becoming a DEFCON 1 level clinger.

I like how they've handled the birth.  There doesn't need to be unnecessary drama in every situation just because this is a soap opera.  Vivienne has given these little looks showing her discomfort with the situation, but she's decided not to blow it up.  I'm fine with that.  It's not outrageous to think Nicole could be okay with this.

Given that I sat through the horrendously written Jack Marone storyline, to say nothing of how adoption in genetal is all but looked down upon on soap operas, I agree in theory that it's nice to see an unconventional birth that is relatively drama-free. 

I think my biggest issue is that Nicole's lack of any connection to the baby at all is tied into her boring ass non relationship with Zende. As is typical of this show, it's all about a frigging man and now that she's popped the baby out, she's trying to catch back up to the guy. Between this and all the other Sasha stuff, none of that rings true to me. Why would she want him back?

• Love 7

When I watched yesterday's episode online Xfinity oddly defaulted to Spanish, so it was kind of funny to hear Brooke giggling about she and Eric once again being abuelos.

• Love 5

So Zende let his Mr. Hyde fly today didn't he?  Sasha, how can you do this to me, I'm not ready to be a father. Than he's back to Dr. Jekyll with St Nicole. Yes, Nicole, it's life changing experience but it includes giving birth and bonding with your child.  Could you be the least bit interested in your child's first bath?  Well, there is one thing that was quickly established, Nicole is not going to breast feed.  But as it was previously posted, was that a conscience decision to further keep Nicole from bonding with the baby?  

As usual, Brooke doesn't have any boundaries and is proud of it.  Logans are family, they just show up.  Yes Brooke, they do show up hoping that the love of their life comes out of the bathroom wearing just a towel.  As an aside, Y&R Billy should adopt Bill's workout regiment.  

• Love 4
On 5/10/2016 at 2:43 PM, thewhiteowl said:
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

When I watched yesterday's episode online Xfinity oddly defaulted to Spanish, so it was kind of funny to hear Brooke giggling about she and Eric once again being abuelos.

One day I came home to find that my DVR had recorded the episode in Spanish even though I absolutely did not change any settings for the recording. It was completely bizarre!

• Love 3

So Zende is not only a waffle...he's also a douche. If Sasha was really pregnant, that should've been a sure sign that he ain't worth a damn. Man enough to lay down and help make a baby but not man enough to take care of what comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if she really is. Oh let me fix it Zende. You would've been ok becoming a father to St. Nicole's baby but because it's the FWB and the wrong sister, you're suddenly not ready. And Nicole is a fool. Minutes after that baby was out he had this change of heart. All he did was solidify his position on the wall of Waffles.

Bell has a way of ruining every character.

• Love 7

Speaking of Zende's position, the thing that bugged me a lot was his whining that he wanted Nicole's first baby to be his.  What if Nicole had an "oops" in high school and gave the baby up for adoption?  To be honest, I have the I believe unpopular opinion that I don't get why he was so icked out by her being pregnant with his uncle's baby...it's not like they did it the old fashioned way.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of Zende's position, the thing that bugged me a lot was his whining that he wanted Nicole's first baby to be his.  What if Nicole had an "oops" in high school and gave the baby up for adoption?  To be honest, I have the I believe unpopular opinion that I don't get why he was so icked out by her being pregnant with his uncle's baby...it's not like they did it the old fashioned way.

His whole argument was her first child should've been their first child. What if they had an oops? Would he magically be ready for fatherhood? What if she had decided to keep this baby? Was he going to be there and help her?

He sure got over his hang up fast. Just as soon as the baby was out, he was praising her and talking about how speshul St. Nicole was. *eye roll* Two weeks ago you were smashing her sister and talking about you couldn't handle her pregnancy. Nobody changes that fast. The baby's out but it doesn't change the fact that Nicole and Rick are the natural parents of a child. Your girlfriend is still the natural mum of your cousin and your uncle is the father.

• Love 6