Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Oooo LaLa! Have you guys seen the new Preview? Yaaas! Jeeeezus...this is what I wanted to see! Oh my goodness next week can't come soon enough! I so called it, when I predicted that Bill was gonna lose his shit over Ridge and Caroline. This just got serious. I'm so ready..Braang. IT!!!

Oooh, looks like I'll need to make popcorn for next week's shows - delish!

But back to Ivy for a sec. Whoever is writing her needs to learn how to back off a bit. I wish they had her say how much she loves Amsterdam, and then say she loves being with Liam. Liam could have had the same dopey expression and said the same back to her, and it would have come across as a wow moment for him (being with Ivy is breezy and fun, and he likes it more that he originally thought). Then, the same schmoopy kissy face stuff they did would have come across much sweeter. Not much of a change, but just enough to make me think the characters are actually drawn to each other instead of being forced together by default. It's like no one on staff has a clue about how to do even a moderately paced romance anymore.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 5

Like others, I would very much like for Hope to just shut it.  Sure, maybe feelings don't turn off immediately, but 1) this is why most of us don't marry people on impulse, especially when we're in love with other people, and 2) YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CHOSE WYATT, and so you don't get to have any problem with anything Liam is doing.  If Liam had dumped her, maybe I'd have some sympathy (maybe), but this?  Is ridiculous.  Even if she regrets her choice, as long as she with Wyatt and not trying to get back together with Liam, she needs to keep her feelings to herself. I really do not like this character.

I like Ivy.  She seems fun.  And while she may have stepped over the line a bit when talking to Hope, I think she was in the right with most of her comments (as evidenced above).  And Liam is so much more enjoyable around her.  The I Love Yous were a bit much, but I'm willing to let it go.  What can I say, I'm easy.

Any more thoughts on who will take over with KM leaving? My hope is more Rick/Maya, Dayzee/Thomas and Ivy/Liam.

Who are Dayzee and Thomas???  Should I want them to come back?  

He [Wyatt] notices the longing glances and he STILL won't stand up for himself.

I figure it's because he knows that if he forces her hand, she'll go running back to Liam.  Reminding her of her commitment and making her feel a sense of obligation are the only ways he has to keep her, and that's a lot easier if he plays doormat.  And rushes Liam in to another relationship.  Totally healthy on everyone's part.  :-/

• Love 3
The most recent actor resembled a young Ronn Moss, both in looks and acting ability.

Which is only one of the reasons why I doubt we'll ever see Thomas (or Steffy) again as long as TK is playing Ridge. Based on some things that happened while he was on AMC, it's been speculated that he doesn't want to play any characters who have adult children.

Dayzee

I'd be okay with her never coming back unless they "take the character in a different direction", as TPTB often say when they do a recast. IMO, Dayzee was way too impressed with herself for having married into the Forrester family via someone who technically wasn't a "real" Forrester.

Oh Maya.  You are the definition of a mistress. If you and Rick lived in a colder climate it probably would have been a fur coat instead diamond studs.

• Love 3

Which is only one of the reasons why I doubt we'll ever see Thomas (or Steffy) again as long as TK is playing Ridge. Based on some things that happened while he was on AMC, it's been speculated that he doesn't want to play any characters who have adult children.

I don't think that was ever his issue on AMC.  I believe he and the guy who played his son had some major personality conflict, but I don't think it was an issue of him not wanting to play a guy with an adult kid.  Not to mention, he took on a role of a character who already has multiple adult kids.  TK's never struck me as particularly vain, especially in that area.  

Wow, Maya doesn't have a shred of self-respect, does she? Yep. She's acting just like a mistress.

Rick looks and acts so robotic when he's with Maya.

So does Liam putting on the necklace and Hope grabbing Wyatt's hand now mean that all is hunky-dory and everybody has moved on?

(I'm glad we were spared the sex scenes with Rick and Maya and possibly Ivy and Liam. I don't pick up a lot of chemistry between either couple.)

• Love 4
Not to mention, he took on a role of a character who already has multiple adult kids.

Yes but none of them have been seen since he showed up, have they? I'd bet cash money none of them ever will as long as TK is in the role.

Rick looks and acts so robotic when he's with Maya.

IKR? It's like he's simply inserting his disk P into her V drive.

• Love 4
Yes but none of them have been seen since he showed up, have they? I'd bet cash money none of them ever will as long as TK is in the role.

Weren't they already gone?  It's not like he chased them off.  Personally, I think he used whatever power he had to get his travel/shooting arrangement.  Really, the only thing I've ever heard in terms of him having issues at AMC came from James Scott, who was bitter at being killed off.  I never heard a single rumor that he refused to have an adult kid.  

Really, the only thing I've ever heard in terms of him having issues at AMC came from James Scott, who was bitter at being killed off.  I never heard a single rumor that he refused to have an adult kid.

I've been a pretty big fan of TK and loved him on AMC. But I did hear rumors back then that he had certain "issues" and JS (who'd developed some outsized ego problems which pissed off several cast members) wasn't the only one. He may not have had enough clout to refuse certain situations but I believe he had the ability to make things difficult. In the scheme of things it was probably a better solution just to get rid of JS.

B&B seems to be unusually responsive to complaints about their actors, yet they've stuck by TK despite all the ragging about his somewhat unkempt appearance, his lack of chemistry the two female leads he's been paired with so far, and Ridge's unexplained vaguely European accent. Seems to me he's got some kind of clout or he'd have been shown the door by now.

• Love 1

How much grief have they really gotten about his appearance?  I know there's a bit here and there, but I don't get the impression that they are getting an overwhelming amount of it.  

My impression is that the main pushback they're getting is simply "he's not Ronn Moss."  

• Love 4

Well I just got back from 2 weeks of vacation and watched the dvr episodes yesterday (a little more than 2.5 hours), and caught up with this thread today.

I need a spinoff or at least a few scenes of Floating Head Darla and Baby Head Quinn together, or maybe a fight. (Although I do not condone fighting baby heads) 

Although I missed it at the time Hooray Fred Willard !

IKR? It's like he's simply inserting his disk P into her V drive.

I think I might add this line to my sexy talk. ;)

Considering all the instalove that goes on I think Ivy has shown amazing restraint.

Nice to see the writers still took a moment to screw with Thorne even when he's not around.

• Love 8

I know Hope had to endure her fair share of suffering when Liam was flip flopping back and forth between her and Steffy and I hated it at the time; but she has become such an insufferable self centered spoiled brat that I rather enjoyed her face getting cracked and the air sucked out of her lungs when she saw Liam sucking face with Ivy.     I hate seeing these two guys being suckers for such a shallow vapid chick as Hope.  

Maya is officially an idiot..."why do you let them get to you?"   Umm bitch, Caroline is still HIS wife...catch a clue, he still loves her.  You're just the side piece he's using to comfort himself.  

I'm gonna sit at the Ivy/Liam table..I think they are pretty cute and refreshing.  It's nice seeing Liam light and uncomplicated for a change.  Ivy might be moving a bit fast, but as someone upthread mentioned she's had her eye on him awhile..her feelings really have had time to develop and the boat ride was the icing on the cake for her.  Everything in her heart was perfect..so why play games?  I like that she's just going for it. If Liam doesn't feel it..well then okay but at least he knows were he stands with her.  It's him and only him for her.    I think he may not be in love to the depth that she is, but I think he's definitely feeling it.    The way he described her..grace, modesty, her giggle and the accent.  Those are words from a guy who is sweet on a lady.  I'm rooting for them!  

Oh my!  I got the feels when Ridge had Caroline up against the desk hugging her and she pulled back, he reluctantly let go and then stepped back.  They are definitely going there...and not to far off in the future.   Yay for Eric..giving me a reason to live this week.....he's ordering Ridge/Caroline to keep working together.  Yessireeee...we gonna get some hair smelling for sure!   Love her up Ridge!   

What's that I hear?   Rick, cracking open another bottle when he hears the news!  

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 8
Although I do not condone fighting baby heads​

Disagree.  Fighting baby heads would be amazing (and also a great band name). 

I got the feels when Ridge had Caroline up against the desk hugging her

You had me at "up against the desk."  I've said too much...

• Love 5

Ew they got Shakespeare in my soap opera get it out get it out get it ouuuuuuttttt

Ridge addresses Pam as Pamela? Surely it should be "Aunt Pam".

What was with Eric today? It was like he couldn't decide whether he was angry or excited.

I am still finding the accent thing surprising. Is it really that weird to hear an Australian accent in the US? Liam talks about it like it's the most exotic thing he's ever heard. Also, I really liked Ivy & Liam today in the hotel, although I did feel very pervy about it. Hmm.

Over Maya & Rick - did we really need to have that post-coital scene? - and over Caroline grovelling. Girlfriend can hitch her saddle on Ridge and ride him 'til the sun sets.

Oooo LaLa!  Have you guys seen the new Preview?

Some of these CBS Daytime previews are better than the primetime ones, especially the ones like these with no voiceover. Also, Bill/Ridge fight. I hope it's a proper fight this time and not a scene from Men.com. Although I would like that too.

and with Deacon in town, why not bring back Little Eric

If they ever do, can they please come up with a nickname? Reading recaps from when he was last on the scene is a nightmare.

My impression is that the main pushback they're getting is simply "he's not Ronn Moss."

Agreed, and I think that's the real source of the clout TK has with B&B. Couple that with this recent Caroline/Ridge thing which has gained a lot of traction across the audience generally (obviously Kridge fans are against it), and I wouldn't fault TPTB for thinking they're onto a winner.

Although I do not condone fighting baby heads​

Disagree.  Fighting baby heads would be amazing

NEXT ON B&B: FIGHTING BABY HEADS

ONLY ON CBS DAYTIME

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 5
It's like he's simply inserting his disk P into her V drive.

I have always referred to "them" as the USB drive and it's "Port", however, this will work just fine!

I need a spinoff or at least a few scenes of Floating Head Darla and Baby Head Quinn together, or maybe a fight.

But would they be using their tongues as weapons?

Maya is officially an idiot..."why do you let them get to you?"   Umm bitch, Caroline is still HIS wife...catch a clue, he still loves her.  You're just the side piece he's using to comfort himself.

Indeed! I can't decide what she is more confused about; having sex means Rick no longer loves Caroline, or bling equaling a marriage proposal. Maybe someone should point out to Maya that Rick hasn't contacted any divorce attorneys. 

I'm gonna sit at the Ivy/Liam table..I think they are pretty cute and refreshing.

I 'll join you there. I was not on board with these two at first, but Ivy has won me over. I like that she came into Liam's life with no agenda. I like that she is honest, and gave Liam every opportunity to run back to Hope. I like that she seems to genuinely care for Liam, and not getting one over on Hope. And, most of all, I like that it appears she is new to the love game, and that Liam is her first. Isn't that what Hope was using as her excuse to keep Ivy and Liam apart? So the Princess should have no trouble understanding then, when Ivy explains that Liam is her first love too.

What was with Eric today? It was like he couldn't decide whether he was angry or excited.

I was so confused with that whole interaction. What was Caroline talking about when she said "But Rick"? I flashed back to Rick and Maya, and Rick saying he "asked her to leave, but she wouldn't". I read that Rick was going to tell Caroline to quit, but did this happen already? Off screen? And does Eric know about it? And he did seem angry and excited simultaneously. 

Over Maya & Rick - did we really need to have that post-coital scene?

All I can say is they spared us the actual act. Thank you B&B, cause I remember the first time. 

And because it is the thing I want to see most in the world.....

Oh my!  I got the feels when Ridge had Caroline up against the desk hugging her and she pulled back, he reluctantly let go and then stepped back.  They are definitely going there...and not to far off in the future.   Yay for Eric..giving me a reason to live this week.....he's ordering Ridge/Caroline to keep working together.  Yessireeee...we gonna get some hair smelling for sure!   Love her up Ridge!

and over Caroline grovelling. Girlfriend can hitch her saddle on Ridge and ride him 'til the sun sets.

I keep thinking about that scene in Urban Cowboy, when Bud finds out Sissy has been riding the bull. He blows a gasket and tells her she won't be riding it anymore, and Sissy shoots back with "I'm gonna ride that bull again and again. I'm gonna ride it as much, and anytime I like". 

End of story.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4

Yay for Eric..giving me a reason to live this week.....he's ordering Ridge/Caroline to keep working together.  Yessireeee...we gonna get some hair smelling for sure!   Love her up Ridge!

Eric rolling in sans suit but a nice casual sweater look and all full of vigor about the new collection and saying how it was crazy good and will put Forrester back at the top was only topped by his pretty much saying 'Screw Rick's issues, ya'll get back to work- but no hanky panky, mmmkay?' wagging his finger as he leaves. Too funny.

I think there was a bit of meta going on with Hope on the plane just forlornly gazing out the plane window just looking so sick and over this crap with Liam/Ivy and Wyatt. I don't think KM had to go far to channel the 'I'm SO OVER this crap'.

Rick's already hitting the bottle and Maya seemed to notice and be a bit concerned before enjoying their desk romp. She might actually redeem herself if instead of using his alcohol problem to her advantage, she tries to get him help. If she's truly not just a gold digger and wants Rick and her pot of gold then she'll get him off the booze. Her initial plan seems to be why have a drink when you can have me, Mr. CEO. Her feelings will no doubt get hurt when he turns away from her to more to the bottle but she'll blame Caroline.

ITA with whoever suggested that Brooke will probably get the CEO gig once KKL returns. Between Maya, the alcohol, and his vendetta, I think Rick will crash and burn but Eric will not want to give it to Ridge. Brooke will be looking for a fresh start upon her return and what better clean slate than taking on a new position as CEO?

• Love 6
All I can say is they spared us the actual act. Thank you B&B, cause I remember the first time.

Gulp, a daytime soap showed actual intercourse? Well, guess that must have slipped under the FCC radar...(I keed, I keed)

Maybe someone should point out to Maya that Rick hasn't contacted any divorce attorneys.

She won't care. She's gonna get a corporate attorney to arrange an annulment behind Rick's back, apparently after both Rick and Caroline and their entire families develop amnesia. Everyone else will simply be told to mind their own business.

• Love 3
Ridge addresses Pam as Pamela? Surely it should be "Aunt Pam".

Has this show always been so horrible at keeping familial relationships straight?  Because in the couple years or so I've been watching, I see shit like this all the time (the biggest offender, of course, being Taylor's kids referring to their grandfather as "Eric Forrester" when she was dating him). 

• Love 3
Gulp, a daytime soap showed actual intercourse? Well, guess that must have slipped under the FCC radar...(I keed, I keed)

No! Sorry.....what they showed was only the "lead up", Maya in her skivvies, and Rick mackin away, and the shit was downright uncomfortable. Awkwardness at it's finest. 

Has this show always been so horrible at keeping familial relationships straight?

No. They used to be great about it. Rest assured Stephanie made it her personal mission to keep everyone in line with who was related to who, and who belonged with who. 

• Love 3

I'm probably a club of one over here, but I'm enjoying this new side of Maya.  Rick's so stupid, he deserves to have his gold dugged.

I am still finding the accent thing surprising. Is it really that weird to hear an Australian accent in the US?

We're simply charmed by most accents.  Even a British moron sounds like the most intelligent person in the world to us.  And Ivy's Australian accent is awfully cute.

• Love 3

Today was so good! 

Loyalty to Eric is probably the only reason Caroline and Ridge don't tell Rick to fuck off and die before they quit and start their own design house.  Jeebus Rick is stupid, especially his mouthing off to Eric the way he did.  The boy is in for an epic fall, as is Maya.

Katie's manipulation of Bill was so funny.  I much prefer quiet, calculating Katie to hysterical, crying Katie.  I wish they would pair her with someone who wasn't immediately distracted by the next woman who walks in the door, because I love Heather Tom and don't want her to have to play the pathetic loser any more.

I can not wait to see the Bill v. Ridge show down tomorrow!

• Love 7

I loved Katie manipulating Bill except for the fact that you just know that, once she sees Ridge, she'll be all "oh my God, I can't believe he went after you!  I accidentally let something slip and he dragged the rest out of me, but I never imagined he'd go off all pissed off to confront you like that!"  Honey, own your devious side.  After sending Bill after Ridge, dump Ridge's ass, saying "damn right I sent him after you!" as you toss that sad little ribbon in his face and slam the door. 

• Love 11

What a great day! No Hope...that's about all I need for a good B&B show these days. Ridge & Caroline are so pretty, talented, tortured and conflicted; I adore them and this whole arc. I think this is one of the best B&B stories in several years. This is a triangle (hectagon? Not sure if I should include Katie & Maya in the mix, even though they're hangers-on in this issue.) that's actually done well, because the audience can root for and be mad at all sides, Ridge, Caroline & Rick, depending on the day. Well-done, Bell.

Best part of today, though? $Bill saying "he's not going to treat the womEn that I love like that", to a smirking Katie, who looked proud of her knight in shining sword-necklace. Manipulative Katie is so much better than poetry-spouting Katie.

• Love 11

Wow, did Katie ever point Bill at Ridge like a loaded gun! It was sort of amazing and awful all at once.

I have decided that I hate Rick. He is blatantly trying to sabotage the company because he's pissy. How Eric can leave him in charge after today's epic fail of a performance, I do not know. I know Caroline made a mistake, but I can't say I care for the way Rick speaks to her; it just makes me uncomfortable.

So Maya is now a marketing genius and knows how to do more than pick out lipstick? Goodness but does Rick's business savvy underwhelm me.

• Love 7
Wow, did Katie ever point Bill at Ridge like a loaded gun! It was sort of amazing and awful all at once.

I vote for utterly amazing. She worked him like a pro. Why does that Katie go into hiding when Ridge is making her feel okay about the measly scraps of affection he gives her?

I know Caroline made a mistake, but I can't say I care for the way Rick speaks to her; it just makes me uncomfortable.

And I particularly hate that he does it in front of others, including Maya. All this effort to humiliate her doesn't change what happened and really doesn't seem to be making him feel better so why continue to do it? He's like a little boy playing dress up in men's clothes.

• Love 5

I don't care how Rick talks to Caroline, how much of a moron he is for being with Maya (a big one), or that he's tanking the company... none of that changes the FACT that he did NOT create this situation.  He was never untruthful or unfaithful to his wife.  Heck, he wasn't even inattentive or some other B.S. excuse she could've used to stray.  So what that Caroline has to keep begging him to come back home?  She should.  She fucked up and she continues to harbor feelings toward Ridge while begging Rick to come back.  She STILL isn't being truthful to him or herself.  Frankly, her wanting Rick back seems to be 90% about beating Maya and 10% about preserving her marriage.  I hate that Rick is being written in a way that somehow people can feel sorry for those actually in the wrong.

And please Ridge, STFU.  He's so damn smug with Rick.  This entire situation has just proven that all of the things Rick ever said or thought about Ridge are true.  He's a piece of garbage.  I cannot get into Ridge-Caroline on any level.  

• Love 4

Caroline screwed up and Rick is definitely justified in being angry but it seems to me that his anger is disproportionate to her crime. She kissed Ridge, she didn't screw him in the foyer of Forester Creations. Her crime is great because it is Ridge and no other reason. He has repeatedly humiliated her in front of others while she begs him to come home. It makes him look like an ass and it makes her sympathetic. IMO   

• Love 9

The show has been rocking lately, that is when we get to escape from the "kiddie pool." Even Maya is interesting to watch.

I can't wait for the Bill/Ridge showdown tomorrow. I want to see Ridge take a dive over the roof like Rick did years ago.

• Love 7

This entire situation has just proven that all of the things Rick ever said or thought about Ridge are true.  

This isn't even unique to Rick, either. I'm hard pressed to think of any male that Ridge hasn't tried to take a piss on since the history of the show, and I'm coming up blank. And since Thorne isn't there to kick around anymore, we get Rick taking up the mantle.

I will say the Rick/Ridge pissing contest is far more evenly matched than the Rick/Thomas fight from last year over the company, and it's all the better given their history together.

• Love 3

He has repeatedly humiliated her in front of others while she begs him to come home. It makes him look like an ass and it makes her sympathetic. IMO   

It just makes her seem pathetic to me.  Like, stop begging him in front of people and then you wouldn't get your face cracked in front of people.  She had the right idea today -- don't even say anything to him because he uses everything as an excuse to antagonize her.

• Love 9

Caroline screwed up and Rick is definitely justified in being angry but it seems to me that his anger is disproportionate to her crime. She kissed Ridge, she didn't screw him in the foyer of Forester Creations. Her crime is great because it is Ridge and no other reason. He has repeatedly humiliated her in front of others while she begs him to come home. It makes him look like an ass and it makes her sympathetic. IMO   

I couldn't disagree more.  Rick managed to avoid kissing (or screwing) Maya while he was married to Caroline.  When Maya did throw herself at Rick (steam room), he told Caroline right away.  Rick had every right to expect to be treated by his wife the way he treated her... with respect for their vows.  She kissed Ridge.  She developed feelings for Ridge.  Most importantly, she hid all of these things from Rick until the whole thing blew up in her face.  I can't summon up any sympathy for her regardless of what Rick says, especially when she still has a thing for Ridge.  Caroline humiliated Rick repeatedly.  I keep coming back to this saying because it's 100% true... you reap what you sow.  Caroline is undeserving of better treatment from Rick.  I will admit that unlike Ridge, she appears to be somewhat human because she feels bad about what occurred.  However, she feels bad now after she was exposed.  She never felt bad enough to tell her husband the truth.

• Love 3
Hey St3phForrester, I couldn't help but think of you with Eric's reaction to Rick & Maya today.  I thought that look of disgust on his face was perfect!

Aww thanks ByTor, you're so sweet! Hoo boy, what a mess. I'm geniunely shocked at how rude and disrespectful Rick was with his father today, and not just because Eric is my favourite. That "You've acquired quite a mouth" line was blistering. Has Rick forgotten that one of Eric's ex-lovers is his own mother, the other his aunt? I noticed Jacob Young had a hard time making direct eye contact as he said that line, I wonder if that was intentional. Can't wait to see how Eric treats Rick now for the rest of this week, though knowing him as we do, he'll probably forget all about it. Bygones be bygones, isn't that what he was saying to Taylor??? Sigh. I want him to get really mad and just absolutely launch at everyone; he's too "passionate" to let this all die on his fingertips, and JMC needs some Emmy reel material.

Is Katie now actively out for revenge against Ridge? And using Bill to exact it? How nefarious! I wonder what Stephen Logan's gonna do now that Dallas has been cancelled.

I also enjoyed everything about Thorsten Kaye today; his groan when Maya piped up from the cheap seats made my day.

Brooke will be looking for a fresh start upon her return and what better clean slate than taking on a new position as CEO?

Gosh, wouldn't that be nice!

(the biggest offender, of course, being Taylor's kids referring to their grandfather as "Eric Forrester" when she was dating him)

Ugh, thanks for the reminder. I keep reading spoilers about

Taylor & Eric discussing their futures

to which I say

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

We're simply charmed by most accents.  Even a British moron sounds like the most intelligent person in the world to us.  And Ivy's Australian accent is awfully cute.

D'aww shucks Snaporaz. Hers and mine are very similiar, which is odd because AB is originally from Brisbane (where the G20 summit was recently), and Queenslanders (& New South Welshmen) have the broadest Aussie "Strayan" accent, whereas where I'm from we have the closest accents to Britons. I note she did go to a private school though, maybe that's why.

ETA: Ooh ooh ooh I forgot about this - spoiler photos of Thanksgiving

place Eric seated between Pam and Donna, with Donna on his right - does this mean that Eric has to say something nice about Donna this year?!?!!? Oh my God.

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 6

I have been watching John McCook since his Y&R days, and I don't think I have ever seen him look so surprised. I left that scene with the feeling Eric knows exactly what is going on, but isn't going to rock the boat until after the show. If Eric couldn't pick up on Rick's agenda, then he is either blind or an idiot, because Rick and his Concubine were making it pretty clear that FC's is their weapon of choice. To me, him leaving the office saying nothing says everything. 

Caroline looked especially beautiful yesterday, and I was glad to see some spunk in her words. I think she is finally getting angry, or maybe, she is just out of patience with Rick's behavior. I don't give a flying fig what Caroline did, she is acting like an adult, and Rick is acting like a petulant child who had his new shiny toy taken away. Any grown up worth their salt would have taken some time to process and cool off, then they would have approached their spouse to discuss the situation. They would not have fallen into the sack with the first warm body to come along. And they most certainly would not be living with the that warm body as if they were married. He is not only willing to lose the woman he loves by parading his mistress around like she belongs, but he is willing to use his, and his entire family's legacy to get his revenge. Rick has shown himself not worthy of Eric's trust. He is nothing but a punk ass bitch, and I am waiting to see him get a righteous smack down. Then, I hope Caroline shows him what his petulance has cost him, and, as an added bonus, I hope Eric informs both Brooke and Donna how Rick feels about his mother and his aunt. 

I think Eric is going to realize that he cannot trust or rely on either son to run FC's in an unbiased manner, and will offer the spot to Brooke. This will be the catalyst to bring her home. I only hope no one tells her about Rick and Maya, and Brooke comes home to find Maya sashaying about Brooke's house like she lives there. It would be hilarious to see Brooke take the trash out.

I am ready for some real male testosterone. No offense to SC or DB, they are cute, but they are also boys when compared to Ridge and Bill. And I like that they will not be fighting to have the same woman; Bill wants to protect his niece, and Ridge wants (needs) to love her up. 

I like sneaky, conniving Katie so much better than blubbering, hysterical Katie. I have little doubt that she and Bill are endgame given that she set him on Ridge's tail. What surprises me is that she seems far more put out with a few kisses, than a year long emotional affair, that let to sex and a real relationship, all while she was married. 

I agree with you St3phForrester about that spoiler, but after that conversation the other day? I could already see it coming.

I don't see 

Quinn, Deacon or Maya

in that shot of Thanksgiving. Good. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 9
I like sneaky, conniving Katie so much better than blubbering, hysterical Katie. I have little doubt that she and Bill are endgame given that she set him on Ridge's tail. What surprises me is that she seems far more put out with a few kisses, than a year long emotional affair, that let to sex and a real relationship, all while she was married.

I think it's because, for whatever reasons, Katie had built Ridge up in her mind to be "better" than Bill.  Bill cheating was almost a foregone conclusion (in retrospect in her mind) where Ridge was her knight in shining armor who was supposed to give her the "win" over Brooke and Bill, and, instead, he has been swapping spit with Caroline. I think, in her mind, the only person he would have ever even thought of cheating with was Brooke, and she made sure to always do a thorough job of reminding him daily of how Brooke and Bill betrayed the two of them (even though nobody betrayed Ridge in that scenario, his ass left the country without looking back).  So him cheating with someone other than Brooke has got to be a blow.  She's no longer even second choice.  

That Thanksgiving picture why the hell is

Hope

at the head of the table?  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 5

I think Eric is going to realize that he cannot trust or rely on either son to run FC's in an unbiased manner, and will offer the spot to Brooke.

I would love this. Brooke has proven she can make the company successful.

Even if Rick is justified in his anger, Caroline is right. By sabotaging their line, he sabotages himself. The quality and beauty of the designs stand on their own, but his decision to overprice them or let Maya show them in a less than optimal order makes Rick look the fool.

I think I've been bothered by Rick's rage ever since he shagged Maya the day he found out about Ridge and Caroline. Caroline shows up at his door and he has two words for her "SCREW YOU!" I know the anger was fresh and raw, but dude, you don't talk to your wife like that over a kiss or two. I don't even know why that crossed a line for me, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I think it's because, for whatever reasons, Katie had built Ridge up in her mind to be "better" than Bill.  Bill cheating was almost a foregone conclusion (in retrospect in her mind) where Ridge was her knight in shining armor who was supposed to give her the "win" over Brooke and Bill, and, instead, he has been swapping spit with Caroline.

I think this is an astute observation. It may not have worked out the way Katie had hoped, but she's still going to get a win today when the fists start flying. I have to admire the way Katie takes the lemons of not triumphing over Bill and Brooke with pomes and ribbons and makes kick ass lemonade.

• Love 6

spoiler photos of Thanksgiving

Why is

Hope ALWAYS at the head of the table

?  Drives me nuts.

Oooops, sorry KerleyQ...I wrote this before I saw your post, but it's such a "WTF" that it should be said twice!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 4

I liked that they were discussing actual prices for the gowns but $10k - $35k is too much?  No.  That's what couture costs.  Fashion houses only make a few of any one design so they're very exclusive in addition to being well-made.  Couture is supposed to be a loss-leader to establish a style and brand for the design house so the customer will buy anything with the name "Forrester" including tacky lingerie crappy men's clothes.

That "You've acquired quite a mouth" line was blistering.

It was.  In the old days, he would have added "boy" at the end.  That would have really punctuated it.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 4

I liked that they were discussing actual prices for the gowns but $10k - $35k is too much?  No.  That's what couture costs.  

I always thought that Forrester was supposed to be similar to the likes of Chanel, so I didn't blink an eye when Rick was talking about the prices of the gowns.

• Love 3

Hmm, so according to that 

Seating is Rick, Caroline, Ridge, Katie and Bill.

This is going to be very interesting!  I pray that Hope gets the wishbone this year, that way she can choke on it.  

I totally get why Rick is pissed and he was justified, but where he lost me is about fifteen minutes later when he crossed way more boundaries than Caroline and Ridge by banging Myrna.  At that point he lost any leverage to act like the little wounded bitch that he is. If he wants to hold his head up and continue to cast righteous judgement then he needed to keep it fully in his pants and not start banging that trifling Myrna in his mother's house and then his father's company.  Talk about sinking low.  Rick has passed up everyone and why at this point Caroline even wants him back is the bigger mystery.  

MMV and all but for me a few kisses, with regret...don't even come close to several nasty bangs right under your wife's nose with no regret.  Rick is full on rubbing Caroline's nose in it and that makes him worse.  

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 14

Is Katie now actively out for revenge against Ridge? And using Bill to exact it? How nefarious!

Wow, she's gone full shrew, hasn't she?

Not saying she shouldn't be mad, but she's had more than enough hints to realize he wasn't into their relationship like that. Hell, even Brooke warned her. And using Bill to do it? I'm out of words. I really am.

• Love 8

Wow, she's gone full shrew, hasn't she?

Not saying she shouldn't be mad, but she's had more than enough hints to realize he wasn't into their relationship like that. Hell, even Brooke warned her. And using Bill to do it? I'm out of words. I really am.

This...and it pains me because I actually liked them at first and was rooting for their poeeeems and romance. It was kind of sweet.  But then once they got fully into the relationship...I wasn't all that into it....and yeah..neither was Ridge.   

This with Caroline seems way more organic and if written right could be real.  They both have their own language of love that is rooted in design and artistry and I can really believe that they would have a deep connection that goes beyond anything Ridge has had with anyone else.

Personal perceptions and all but I haven't seen TK have this kind of chem with anyone since he came on board.  

• Love 7

I liked that they were discussing actual prices for the gowns but $10k - $35k is too much?  No.  That's what couture costs.  Fashion houses only make a few of any one design so they're very exclusive in addition to being well-made.

Exactly.  How much were going for before?!  Apparently you could buy a Forrester original couture gown for the same price as a dress from Saks.  No wonder they were losing money.  One more reason Eric needed to step down.

MMV and all but for me a few kisses, with regret...don't even come close to several nasty bangs right under your wife's nose with no regret.  Rick is full on rubbing Caroline's nose in it and that makes him worse.  

I think if it was just a kiss, then yes.  But first you have Caroline hiding her knowledge of Ridge's impediment and then actively working to deceive (and in Rick's mind, undermine) him.  Then when Rick found out, Caroline defended Ridge.  Then a week or so later, he finds out that she not only hid the truth from him, deceived him, undermined him and defended Ridge, but she's also been making out with Ridge after she swore that it was just a working relationship.  And then when he asked her to say that the kisses meant nothing, she couldn't say that they did.  This, in the face of how he acted with Maya, which was to tell Caroline what happened immediately.  I do think he's overreacting and will regret it, but it's also not just a kiss he's reacting to, it's a breakdown in what he thought was a fundamental foundation to their relationship.

• Love 6