Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, Pickles said:

Seriously, I am recording each day, but not often watching.

I stopped watching 35 episodes ago, but still have them on my DVR.  Finally watched the last three days and I am gobsmacked at how ridiculous this show has become.  And Wyatt is with Flo?  I thought Sally was the love of his life.  Guy sure is fickle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

If they were going to take Thomas in this direction, I would have preferred more nuance (a grey character), like Adam Chandler (AMC).

I hope Liam doesn't get back together with Hope.  In the past Liam has been a spineless flip flopping weasel, but this go around, Liam stayed with Hope supporting her and trying to make it work.  Hope bailed telling Liam she's going to be with Thomas and Douglas, and telling Liam to be with Steffy and the girls, then Hope wants to get all hurt because Liam moved in with Steffy and the girls.  {face palm}

I still wish Steffy had returned from Europe with a new guy.

• Love 8

I, too, hope Liam doesn't get back with Hope.  He's done everything he could to support her, yet she "gives" him back to Steffy like he's a used sofa that she doesn't need anymore.  She's treated him like he has no say in the relationship and the decision was all up to her due to her grief in losing the baby, yet she's never really considered how he felt about it.   Plus, even though I think she's a little creeped out by Thomas, I do think she's intrigued with him and wants her itch scratched.  My only issue with Liam is that I wish he'd moved out and found a place of his own instead of going back to Steffy.  After all, it's not like he has to be with the girls 24/7.

When this whole mess is resolved and Hope wants him to come back, I just hope he realizes that he can never trust her again when the going gets tough.   I hope he tells her that he'll be there for their child but nope, he's on his own. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I, too, hope Liam doesn't get back with Hope.  He's done everything he could to support her, yet she "gives" him back to Steffy like he's a used sofa that she doesn't need anymore. 

This isn't the 1st time he's been a used sofa, though.  Remember, Hope got him after Steffy gave Hope her ring and told her to go be with Liam.

5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I still wish Steffy had returned from Europe with a new guy.

Same.  I wish Hope would have too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I don’t like creepy nuThomas. I like hero Thomas played by Pierson Fode. Hero Thomas would never let Hope thinking her baby was still dead when she’s not. That said, Pierson Fode’s Thomas was much better with Sally and they were just beginning their love storyline. So, Hero Thomas wouldn’t be with Hope anyway. LOL!!!!! Seriously though, what’s the temperature on nuThomas? Do we like him? The actor? The creepy angle? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don't care for him because I don't think the guy's a very good actor.  I gave him a pass the first month or so because he came in the middle of a difficult story with Caroline passing away suddenly. Beyond that, his villain acting is borderline cartoonish.

Where has $Bill been lately?  Could we at least see some scenes of him to break up the monotony of Phobeth day in and day out?  I'd love some scenes of Bill and Will or Bill and Justin (preferably not Batie). Anything. Please.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I can't help but have a soft spot for the new guy playing Thomas, I think he seems adorably nice  & I think he's cute.  To me he doesn't have the right look to play the kind of character he's playing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I’m sure the actors playing the roles of Hope, Liam, Steffy, Tom, Zoe, Xander, Flo, Shauna, Brooke, Ridge, Wyatt, the loading dock guy, the cab driver who drives past FC every day, the coffee lady in the lobby and everyone else who knows that PhoBeth is L/H’s baby are so sick and tired of repeating the same damn lines every single day for eternity. I know you need jobs to pay your bills. God bless you all. I’m sorry that you have to do this to pursue your dreams.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

The nu Thomas is really hard for me to watch because I see nothing interesting nor even good looking about him. As someone upthread said ,”little beady eyes.” And such a high forehead and not a believable actor. If he’s going for a villian character it isn’t working because there’s nothing likeable for  me  to want to like him as the case with victor Newman , a Villian one loves to hate.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t like creepy nuThomas. I like hero Thomas played by Pierson Fode. Hero Thomas would never let Hope thinking her baby was still dead when she’s not. That said, Pierson Fode’s Thomas was much better with Sally and they were just beginning their love storyline. So, Hero Thomas wouldn’t be with Hope anyway. LOL!!!!! Seriously though, what’s the temperature on nuThomas? Do we like him? The actor? The creepy angle? 

I barely can recall a single scene of his for his entire ten minute marriage to Summer Newman aka the only character in daytime with less dignity than Steffy at her peak Cha Cha Cha-ness. I certainly don't need him here. 

And it's worth pointing out that even PF's Hero Thomas was very much a villain before he got with Sasha and then Sally...which makes this backslide so much frigging worse. Xander pretty much spoke for the whole fandom by bringing up that he and Hope were barely a couple. Hope was far too busy stewing over the Aspen wedding and being robbed to give any shits about Thomas or anyone else and she was a quick layover between his even more inexplicable feelings for Brooke and his competition with Rick over Caroline--one that we all forgot about until this story decided to double down on this crap.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Where has $Bill been lately? 

Seriously! The one time I wish Bill was getting involved in his sons' lives, he's been mysteriously absent. I hope he's the one that spills the beans, since no one else will and it's a quick and easy fix to the estrangement between him and Liam over Steffy and to bury the hatchet he's consistently thrown into Hope's back over the years.

And also because every last one of them involved with hiding the secret will all turn up missing if he hears about it. 🙂

1 hour ago, godfreydaniels said:

If he’s going for a villian character it isn’t working because there’s nothing likeable for  me  to want to like him as the case with victor Newman , a Villian one loves to hate.

See, but it took Victor years to get that status and a balance of traits to make people want to root for him in spite of his being an asshole at times (well, at least before Maria Arena Bell let Eric Braeden dictate all the scripts in the late 2000s).

But Thomas has no such history, in spite being SORASed way back in 2003. At his absolute best, he was just...there. Most of his memorable moments come after Adam Gregory took over and we get him kissing his stepmother unannounced for a publicity stunt without any regard to the shit Brooke would get from his family, and he's just become a worse creep from there.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

This isn't the 1st time he's been a used sofa, though.  Remember, Hope got him after Steffy gave Hope her ring and told her to go be with Liam.

And Hope was more than happy to get Liam.  However, now that Hope's life isn't perfect, she once again can't handle the reality versus her fantasies of how she thinks it should be.

The writers should have followed through on pairing Steffy up with Bill.  That way when Hope tried to pawn Liam off on Steffy, she could have told Hope, "No take backs.  I don't want Liam."

Instead Steffy will stupidly resume her relationship with Liam, only for Hope to want Liam back, and Liam will be dumb enough to try for round 9,999,999 with Hope.

3 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

Wonder why they swiftly swept Sally away again?  

Brad Bell and the writers don't want any reminders that Thomas was so much better with Sally.  They want to try and sale this Thomas wants Hope BS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

@Gam2, I'm always happy to see a shout-out to the always under-rated Loading Dock Guy 🙂

I'm still holding out hope that the combination of a partially open door and hero of the people Loading Dock Guy will blow this thing wide open. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)

Brad Bell and the writers don't want any reminders that Thomas was so much better with Sally.

They probably also don't want any reminders of Sally's tight body. 😼

And also because every last one of them involved with hiding the secret will all turn up missing if he hears about it. 🙂

Yeah, I keep saying Liam should mention his Thomas problem to Bill. Bill knows how to solve a problem like Tom. Same way he solved the problem of Tom's daddy (though it didn't stick, unfortunately). And if Bill or Justin were to find out the big secret, I can't see either of them sitting on it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Brad Bell and the writers don't want any reminders that Thomas was so much better with Sally.  They want to try and sale this Thomas wants Hope BS.

I hate when shows trash one character to prop another. Why can't Thomas or anyone else have a past with someone else without trying to downplay it? That's the one thing I do give Bill Bell credit for regarding the original ToD: no matter which side one was on for them, Ridge never tried to hide that he cared about them both.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, ByTor said:

Same.  I wish Hope would have too.

Oh, how I wish that Hope’s miracle pregnancy with Liam wasn’t actually a miracle and she had actually been pregnant when she returned but was using Liam to be her baby daddy because she was done with the Eurodude and was trying to move on- only for him to follow her back to LA.

11 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

The writers should have followed through on pairing Steffy up with Bill.  That way when Hope tried to pawn Liam off on Steffy, she could have told Hope, "No take backs.  I don't want Liam."

With the exception of this round of Lope, this show really doesn’t let couples really be couples. Brill imploded really quickly after 3+ years of angst and a great setup of Brooke being done with Ridge after his affair with Quinn. Bill and Steffy really should’ve continued their courtship and seen the relationship through but I suspect the writers really didn’t know how to write long term for the other characters with Steffy and Bill happily together raising Kelly (who really should’ve been Bill’s and named Phoebe). I absolutely believe that for Steffy Liam and Wyatt (to a lesser degree) were substitutes for Bill; Bill loves Katie and loves Brooke in a more urgent way but Steffy the one that got away and that he had unfinished business with but let go for his family with Katie- which imploded anyway later on. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

With the exception of this round of Lope, this show really doesn’t let couples really be couples. 

It really doesn't. Batie had carryover popularity in large part from the actors' history on Y&R IMO and the only reason Rick and Maya are (were? did that divorce plot happen?)so stable as they are is a combination of laziness in letting a trans woman have the same stories as everyone else and backlash if they pulled the same shit ATWT did with Luke and Noah at the end.

I don't necessarily like the supercouple model of soap writing either, but B&B takes it to the way other extreme where pairings are blink-and-you-miss-it. On average in 2012, the cycle between Hope and Liam's breakup to doomed nuptials were an average of three months. They had four weddings that year. 😐

• Love 3

I am wondering if Emma's upcoming involvement is going to be the way to drag Bill into the mix via Uncle Justin. The rumor mill is now switched emphasis to Emma being the one to die over Xander (but Bell has hinted about more than one death, so who knows?) 

If Thomas/Reese causes any harm to Emma, you can bet $Bill is going to go all scorched earth, but he'll actually get the job done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I am wondering if Emma's upcoming involvement is going to be the way to drag Bill into the mix via Uncle Justin. The rumor mill is now switched emphasis to Emma being the one to die over Xander (but Bell has hinted about more than one death, so who knows?) 

If Thomas/Reese causes any harm to Emma, you can bet $Bill is going to go all scorched earth, but he'll actually get the job done.

Not a good look for the show to have Maya sidelined as a non-contract player and the other two POC on the show with targets on their back leaving Justin and Carter as the lone men of color on the show. Then again, yup, if Emma gets got it gives Justin and Bill an entrance into the story and the investigation and unraveling this whole deal. It actually would be nice to see Bill pay back Justin for all his loyalty and ass kissing over the years by avenging Justin's niece and Justin would really have beef with Flo and thus the Logans which would put him at odds with Donna. The show may be backing its way into a decent conflict for them for once.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Unfortunately, this show has a way of backing itself accidentally into a decent SL, then completely trashing it overnight in order to return to the status quo of two pathetic women fighting over some loser guy.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Redcookie said:

Since I haven’t watched since Jan/Feb....is Sally gone? Don’t see anyone talking about her storyline. 

I've been wondering that too. Although I suspected she wouldn't be around much longer once Wyatt showed interest in Flo. It's such a shame they weren't able to stay with the Spectra storyline which really would have brought them back to the roots of this soap - the fashion business.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Not a good look for the show to have Maya sidelined as a non-contract player and the other two POC on the show with targets on their back leaving Justin and Carter as the lone men of color on the show.

You're so silly, don't you know POC don't live in LA?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

While I don't like the idea of Emma getting killed off, she really isn't there, anyway, & Xander has grown on me in the last 2 weeks, so if it comes down to those 2, Xander > Emma. However, if axing Emma gets Justin in an uproar, & gets $Bill involved, sorry Emma, you're out. This story has drug on for so long, I almost don't care how it ends, as long as it ends. But, since I've been reading your comments, Here's how I want it to end:

Emma gets murdered (or attempted murder, I don't care, just hurt her so Justin is in). Justin tries to get to the bottom of it, so $Bill is involved, as Justin really is his one true love. $Bill investigates like only he can, & discovers the truth. Somehow, he also finds out that Ridge knows (I don't care how he finds out, I want him to be called out for filth, too, for knowing & keeping the sekrit to protect his wretched offsprings' tepid pairings), & he lets everyone & their dog groomer know that Ridge knew & kept it a secret. Mass chaos & exodus ensues, as BRidge are finished for real.

As awful as this story is, & it is truly awful, it really is & can continue to be an umbrella story, even after the reveal. Really, by the time it's over, well over half of the canvas will at least be touched, if not directly involved. Directly: Hope, Liam, Steffy, Flo, Xander, Thomas, Zoe & anyone else who finds out & keeps the sekrit. Indirectly involved: Taylor, Ridge, Brooke, Wyatt, Quinn, Shauna, Katie, Bill. There's probably more, but it's Monday morning, & I should be working. 

• Love 2

I seriously cannot believe they are having legacy character Thomas Forrester go full-on psycho but there it is.

mE2kyV-S?format=jpg&name=600x314

As much as I wanted PF back, I'm beyond relieved he didn't have to portray this shit. 

And speaking of shit, it literally is the same lather, rinse, repeat over and over again.

Where is $ Bill?

Where is Sally?

There is nothing whatsoever appealing about this show. Not that I'm watching. I gotta hand it to those who are. You have some much stronger constitutions than I.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Not a good look for the show to have Maya sidelined as a non-contract player and the other two POC on the show with targets on their back leaving Justin and Carter as the lone men of color on the show.

As a black woman, I'm conflicted by this too: all three of the interns are as useful as tits on a bull but I hate it on principle that at least one of them will likely be sacrificed while Flo goes on and we're back to two black side characters. In my twenty years of watching, Maya has been the only WoC who I can say got equal development to the overwhelmingly white cast.

1 hour ago, nkotb said:

As awful as this story is, & it is truly awful, it really is & can continue to be an umbrella story, even after the reveal. 

I'd argue to say it's an umbrella story in spite of the writing, not because of it. The cast is so insular and small that nearly all the stories in the last fifteen years end up being umbrella stories (like the ToD 2.0). It's not like the ATWT story where out of the five people who knew, one was put in a coma and the other left town and the switch just rolled into other conflicts that were happening at the time. It paved the way to Carly discovering a sister she didn't know she had and at least three relationships that became the cornerstones for the show. Essentially, it was a reset button.

What are we gonna get from all this? Another 6 months of Hope crying that she and Liam were robbed...which , yeah they were way moreso than they were the time Hope chose to believe Rick's friend about her suspicions but...I'm over it. As someone else said a while ago, the only reason Lope got a fair shake this time was in service of this horrible story, they'll probably be right back to square one a year from now. Ho hum.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I seriously cannot believe they are having legacy character Thomas Forrester go full-on psycho but there it is.

It's not like it's that out of character for him...he did try to kill Rick on more than one occasion 🤔

If anything, the six months of decent behavior while with Sally was the OOC part. And it really shouldn't be. I wanted Thomas to move away from the toxicity and entitlement he was raised with. I wanted one male character on this show to truly own up to their trash behavior. 

I've always been of the opinion that B&B kids are too goody-goody compared with the trainwrecks on Y&R (how could Summer not be that way, having been raised by a slag and a baboon?), but there is a level of going way too far if they intend on keeping him for the long haul--and after wasting a Taytot death on Phoebe, I'm sure they will.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

It's not like it's that out of character for him...he did try to kill Rick on more than one occasion 🤔

If anything, the six months of decent behavior while with Sally was the OOC part. And it really shouldn't be. I wanted Thomas to move away from the toxicity and entitlement he was raised with. I wanted one male character on this show to truly own up to their trash behavior. 

I've always been of the opinion that B&B kids are too goody-goody compared with the trainwrecks on Y&R (how could Summer not be that way, having been raised by a slag and a baboon?), but there is a level of going way too far if they intend on keeping him for the long haul--and after wasting a Taytot death on Phoebe, I'm sure they will.

You raised very, very valid points. I guess I just loved PF's Thomas (well, once he crossed paths with Sally 2.0) that it kind of wiped away the memory of the craziness of before but MA has brought all of those ugly memories back and then some.

Are we sure Caroline 2.0 is dead? Because I could see him stashing her somewhere. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I thought one of the few good things the writers did in recent years was to bring the Spencers and the Spectras back to the show so I'm sorry to see Sally gone.

This is what should have happened.  Taylor tells Steffy she shot Bill.  Steffy tells Bill who tells Steffy he already knew that, he saw Taylor, but he lied to the police (shades of Stephanie claiming she shot Ridge because she thought he was a prowler in order to protect Thorne).  Steffy follows through on marrying Bill, and they end up happy.  Steffy gets pregnant with Phoebe.  Now Bill and Steffy are raising Kelly and Phoebe.

Hope believes her baby died, but it was given to another couple.  I don't care who.  Just someone who will cause the SL to branch out so we aren't stuck with the same people having the same damn conversation everyday.

Thomas returns, and starts hanging around Hope.  Steffy wants to know what he is up to.  He tells Steffy he wants Sally back, but Sally is with Wyatt so he is trying to make Sally jealous.  Zoe, Flo, and Xander know the truth about Hope's baby, but they aren't having the same conversation about it over and over again.  Someone actually takes action.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Xander and Zoey, is an example, at the Juilliard School, of shit ass acting.  Thomas is right there with them but he’s even worse. 

Katie is a Logan and Hope is her niece, so why is she advocating for Stuffy and Liam?  Bill has slept with Stuffy and Katie seems either not to know or that she has moved on. 

Brooke, grab Raggedy Ann by the shoulders, shake her, and say stupid stupid dumb dumb dumb. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Good grief, Steffy. The ink is barely dry on Liam's annulment and you're already trying to get him back in your bed. How thirsty are you?

Oh crap, Bill's giving Steffy and Liam his blessing. I think I just saw the First Horseman.

"Any man who's happy to be there for you in your bad moments will more than likely reward you with more of them." Whoa, Brooke. That's a pretty cynical view of men. OTOH, I look at Darth Thomas and wonder, "Where the lie at tho?"

Giving Liam back to his daughter? Had Hope taken him away from his daughter? What an odd way of looking at it, IMO.

Brooke, you might as well be talking to the radio, Hope listens to no one but the voices inside her head. She won't get it until Thomas drugs and/or assaults her.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Katie is a Logan and Hope is her niece, so why is she advocating for Stuffy and Liam? 

Katie should be the last person advocating Steam, considering her and Steffy's history and Katie's own history of holding grudges.

Yeah, I know what she told Steffy after Liam first left about time proving she wasn't the only factor in Katie and Bill's shit marriage, but the entire reason HFTF exists is because Katie wanted to stick it to Steffy. But then, the only piece of continuity to hang on over the last ten years is Pam's damn lemon bars.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Well, at least my wish came true to day and $Bill was back. The watered-down version. I see that DD is still dyeing his hair, but toned it down to a more realistic looking shade of black. I am still hoping that Kelly wakes up some morning with dark hair and dark brown eyes. If Phoebe and Steffy could become fraternal twins overnight, then Kelly having new eye and hair colors would be perfectly acceptable!  Oh, you know ... babies' hair and eyes never stay the same color as they get older.

Even though it was a contrived kumbaya scene for Liam and Bill, it was a welcome departure from "The Secret."  Does Katie have to fucking cry over everything

Brooke really needs to just give it a rest with Hope. Mope isn't going to listen to anybody. Brooke had some very good advice/cautions about Thomas manipulating Douglas, but they fell on deaf ears. Brooke was plenty of experience to base her concerns on, too. Granted, many of them were at her own hand, but still ...

Why doesn't Mope just text Liam and ask him to resend that missing photo of Phobeth? That seems easy enough and a deleted photo is no reason to sink into an even deeper slump. I know it was wrong of Thomas to delete that photo, but Liam can just think that Hope accidentally deleted it.  Who hasn't done that before? 

While Emma didn't overhear anything of significance between Xander and Zoe, her asking them if "anything was wrong," was all kind of awkward and out of place. Smug and tense with a side of bitchy is Zoe's typical behavior, so uncharacteristic that Emma was inquiring about? And Xander was kind of vacant, yet pleasant, which is also his usual demeanor.

I think that Emma getting dragged into the mess is indeed, the catalyst to get Bill and Justin into the story. It was too coincidental that both Bill and Emma happened to show up today after long absences. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Are we sure Caroline 2.0 is dead? Because I could see him stashing her somewhere. 

I like this.  Though I had already decided Caroline and her moms faked her death for reasons. (I didn't bother coming up with any.  The show never bothers with reasons that make sense, so I figured my lazy head canon fits right in.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

There is nothing whatsoever appealing about this show. Not that I'm watching. I gotta hand it to those who are. You have some much stronger constitutions than I.

Agreed. My partner and I haven't watched for months and I just read this thread every now and again to see if Hope knows about Beth. When she does I'll start watching again, but only if storylines move along quicker and the same scenes aren't rehashed a thousand times over using different dialogue to talk about the same shit!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm tired of Hope's martyr act.  She's giving Liam back to his daughter?  Really?  And when she finds out the truth about Phoebe/Beth, Hope will have no problem trying to take Liam back.

Why is Steffy so pathetic?  There are other fish in the sea.  Find one. 

I still don't understand why anyone would want Liam.  He's been a good husband to Hope this go around, but Liam has spent years being a spineless waffle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Are we sure Caroline 2.0 is dead? Because I could see him stashing her somewhere.

I like this idea too. I keep wondering how they'll have to let Thomas escape punishment because of Douglas. If Caroline is actually still alive she can come take Douglas back East and he won't have lost both parents when they put his evil daddy in prison. His getting adopted by Hope or raised by Brooke and Ridge are non-starters to me.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2
(edited)

....oh God, I was so certain that B&B wouldn't turn Thomas into a bad guy that I never considered the possibility of Hope becoming his guardian that way. Not that I think Taylips the quack would ever allow anyone with her DNA to be raised by an evil Logan, but still.

Edit: although if it comes to that, here's hoping Karen and Dani get custody over these assholes in LA. Maybe then he'll have some hope of respecting women and a shot at human decency that the Douglas, Marone and Hamilton-Hayes genes sorely lack.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"Any man who's happy to be there for you in your bad moments will more than likely reward you with more of them." Whoa, Brooke. That's a pretty cynical view of men.

I had to rewind that a couple times.  This makes zero sense.  If a man is there for you in your bad moments, that means he's supportive of you during difficult times.  It doesn't mean he's the reason for the pain.  Stupid Brooke.

Perfect example of the schizophrenic nature of this show.  DD actually did say something meaningful that I, again, had to rewind to make sure I heard correctly when he apologized, again, for sleeping with Steffy:  "Sometimes, the things you do wrong stay wrong."

• Love 6