Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

TK getting all up in her personal space like he was going to kiss her but then pulling away at the last second, it was perfect.

That's one of TK's trademarked moves and he's been pulling out several of them lately. I'm having mixed feelings about it because right now at least, I can't root for Caroline and Ridge as a potential couple. He's playing her hard and I don't like seeing those moves--which under other circumstances have been very hot--being used for "evil".

Ridge is a bitch.

Maybe but Eric is something too. I think he's the one responsible for putting a target on Caroline. I don't think Ridge would be pushing up on her like he is if Eric hadn't pretty much designated Caroline as the key to the FC castle.

• Love 3

I will go further and say I have loved the past three episodes. Outside of the fact that there has been nary a mention of H/L/W, the writing has been sizzling and the dialog snappy. I am so glad they have finally let someone call Ridge out on his Paris sabbatical, and feel it only fitting they let Eric be the one to do it, since Brooke is MIA. Ridge tried to do some revisionist history though when he said something like "Rick takes off to Paris and comes back a hero, I do it  and I am a bad guy". And Eric's comeback "Rick was working in Paris, he didn't take off and disappear", certainly shut Ridge down, and let Ridge know that he has lost substantial ground with Eric, because he sees it as it was; Ridge was pissed at Brooke and made a decision that effected his entire family and FC's and never cared or looked back. I like they are making it about family and responsibility and loyalty and being a grown up.  And, once again, the whole "bio dad" thing came up between them. I don't remember them beating that particular horse to death like they have in the past few weeks; could it be more fodder for Eric to give the CEO spot to Rick?

I also didn't miss Ridge trying to rewrite history with this statement to Caroline " the one and only time a non-designer ran FC's it was a disaster". Really? The one and only time? Has Ridge forgotten that ownership and control of FC's has changed quicker than folks change their drawers? And what a slap in Brooke's face, who as a "non-designer", was FC's most dynamic and creative leader, and is responsible for some of it's wildest successes. I don't know where they are going with this, but I don't see how Ridge could be invested in a relationship with Caroline, when he is still beribboned to Katie. Shouldn't he ask her to cut that mess off before he starts putting moves and macking on his sister-in-law? And I can't let the fact that we have adults talking about "crushes" go unnoticed; I have no understanding why, but when Ridge told Caroline that he had a crush on her too, I found that oddly erotic and sexy. I have felt nothing between TK and HT or KKL, but that hot, sexy steam is about to bust out at all corners between him and LG. 

Meanwhile, Katie and Bill are mending their fences with the help of baseball and Jackie Robinson. Oh, my sports nut mind and heart were just about to burst with it all! And for some reason I kept thinking back to that old Abbott & Costello skit about "Who is on first, and What is on second, and Where is on third....". I am loath to admit it, but I enjoyed Bill and Katie interacting this way, and found them cute. I don't think I need to burn any brain cells to figure out where we are going with this, but I hope that Bill won't take the final step and sticks to what he told Brooke before she left. Katie can go explore some of that chemistry she has with Liam, and who knows, if the baby turns out to be Liam's, she could test drive Wyatt. 

I was so relieved when I heard Eric correct Ridge and say he wasn't leaving, only that he was going to start living a little, but that he would still be around. 

As someone who is missing KKL terribly, I have to concede that it's been a joy watching a storyline that doesn't involve triangles with interchangeable partners or Bradley & Co. throwing pairings against the wall to see which one will stick.

I couldn't believe that Eric had the backbone to remind Ridge Forrester--International Man of Mystery of his considerable shortcomings and the fact that he checked out on the entire family.  His remaining living daughter went through hell but dear old dad was no where to be found.  Nor, had he put pen to paper to design nary a frock, swimsuit, or jacket.  Yet, we're supposed to be prostrate with grief, rend our clothes and pour ashes over our heads because the poor dear can't design anymore.  On the surface, it seems foul that the bloodline thing comes up, but I get it.  I can't forget how Stephanie and Ridge wanted him to have the biggest piece of the pie at the expense of Eric's other children after they were well aware that Massimo was his sperm donor.  Nor, can I forget how he stabbed Brooke in the back by claiming she was too mentally incapacitated to run the company when she took a sabbatical.  He appointed Taylor to the board because he knew she would rubber-stamp his decisions and attempted what amounted to a coup.  And, when a triumphant Brooke returned, he threw the mother of all temper tantrums, decided he was going to quit and marched out of Forrester Creations flanked by his parents.  His latest actions only prove he is, indeed, Massimo's son.  Massimo manipulated Rick back then to get the result he wanted (Ridge leaving Forrester Creations), just as Ridge is now manipulating Caroline to get what he wants.

RuntheTable, I also take issue with Ridge's selective amnesia about the ability of a non-designer to be the CEO of Forrester Creations.  Ridge has repeatedly shown that he has no loyalty to anyone--not Eric, Brooke, his siblings or any woman who has the misfortune to fall in love with him.  He--and others--will minimize Brooke's contributions and loyalty to Forrester Creations when it suits them.  Yet, neither Eric nor Ridge were particularly good businessmen which is one of the reasons Bill was able to gain inroads into the company to begin with.  I also stopped counting the number of times ownership changed hands.  It reminded me of the fight for Ewing Oil and I ultimately tuned out.

I also suspect that Ridge firmly believes that Katie will be on board with his plan.  He just hasn't (and probably won't) divulge how far he had to go to get it to work.  And, why shouldn't he believe it?  After all, he is well aware of how devious Katie can be and how she has been down with virtually every foul (or is that fool?) thing he has done ever since they hooked up.  But, of course, neither of them saw Ridge's actions as foul or foolish.  His interrupting Brooke and Bill's wedding, assaulting Bill and "dragging" the bride away was painted as a noble rescue mission of a besotted 50-something woman who was about to marry tuh evul.  The criminal actions Ridge engaged in to go after Bill and Justin (after being manipulated by Deacon) were also painted as noble to bring down two of the vilest evildoers in LaLa Land.  I won't touch on the irony that a person who can commandeer a helicopter is so neurologically damaged that he can no longer use his "gift."  

Now that Bill and Katie are on good terms (for now) and Brooke has handed him over to Katie like the last slice of pizza on the plate, it will be somewhat interesting to see if the scales will fall off Katie's eyes when it comes to Ridge.

• Love 4

And my man Eric, oh boy - JMC and TK smash every scene they share and these ones are no exception.

Just curious...are you a fan of Eric as a character, or a fan of Eric because of JMC?  Personally I like both, and I hope he wants to stay a long time, because that is a role where I couldn't accept a recast (along with Stephanie).

Ridge Forrester--International Man of Mystery

*SNORT* :)

• Love 3

This is the best that "Bold" has been in a long time (for me, anyway)! I think Ridge & Caroline are smoking hot, and I totally believe that they could organically fall for each other because of the physical closeness of their work together, as well as their bonding over their amazing creations. Yeah he's older than her, but he's so dirty-hot, as well as being a true mentor to her, plus he goes out-of-his-way to make her feel like the most special girl in the world (he can only design with her, she's his muse, etc.) that I truly believe that she'd go there. She's just fabulous in every way, looks, attitude & talent (she should be the younger star of the show, not Dope, gag) so I also fully believe that he'd go there. I hpoe they go full-blown, sneaking-around, white-hot affair, regardless of who she backs to run Forrester Creations. I'm enjoying "Bold" so much every single day. No Hope or Brooke is a huge, huge, huge bonus! I'd love to see this continue for the next several months!

I will admit, sometimes when I see Ridge & Caroline getting intimate, I think of that hilariously awful RM scene, where Caroline showed Ridge her neck tattoo, and he got all emotional and just cried in an embarassingly awful way. He could not pull this story off, so I appreciate Thorsten Kaye even more now.

• Love 7
Have you guys seen the bonus scene on YouTube?

Just watched it; why on earth would they cut that scene? It is packed full with all kind of goodies! Ridge not being Eric's bio son, Ridge trying to downplay all of Rick's successes, Ridge essentially telling Eric he has always coddled Rick, Ridge calling Rick a brat (yet another bitch slap to Brooke), Ridge starting to bring up Phoebe.....just some really good stuff there. 

don't think Ridge would be pushing up on her like he is if Eric hadn't pretty much designated Caroline as the key to the FC castle.

I am wondering though; didn't Ridge admit his crush prior to Eric coming in and making his announcement? I can't really remember, and maybe it is just wishful hoping, but I don't want to see Ridge pull that level of douchery on Caroline. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 2
I am wondering though; didn't Ridge admit his crush prior to Eric coming in and making his announcement? I can't really remember, and maybe it is just wishful hoping, but I don't want to see Ridge pull that level of douchery on Caroline.

I think he did, too. 

I'm all for friends wanting their friends to be happy and all, but Aly's investment is Hope/Liam is too much.  By the way, what ever happened to Aly's crush on Liam?  Am I totally hallucinating the scene where she got all dolled up (with help from Quinn, of all people?) and planted herself at the bar waiting for him to show up and notice her?  What power does Liam hold that he has these girls with crushes on him who are willing to go to the mat to get him together with Hope?  Not that Aly could ever beat Ivy's "nope, it's totally fine that I got pushed into the drink, go get Hope, I'll tread water for a while.  Maybe check by after the wedding in case I don't manage to get out before then?" 

• Love 5

While I welcome a break from the Waffles and Chicken trio and love the smack-down Eric gave to Ridge, I just can't with this Ridge and Caroline are in wuv storyline.

Because this isn't about love at all. Smidge is absolutely using Caroline. For a smart, savvy girl, she needs to wake up and smell the manipulation.

His supposed feelings for Caroline have nothing to do with her and everything to do with yanking Rick's chain and causing trouble at FC.

And this suddenly Caroline's in love with Ridge after a few grope, I mean, drawing sessions when all we've ever seen up until that point was her totally devoted to Rick. I could buy hero-worship, though why she has this thug on a pedestal, I will never know.

And hero-worship or not, Caroline's first loyalty should be to her husband, not this Neanderthal posing as Ridge. I knew they were headed for trouble when the minute she learned about Smidge's inability to draw, she didn't tell Rick and kept it a secret all these weeks.

As her husband, he had the right to know.

As the president of FC, he had the right to know.

Smidge's MO is to take down Rick at any cost and if Rick/Caroline's marriage suffers or worse, ends in divorce, well, I guess he'll just chalk it up to collateral damage and Bambi Doe Eyes Maya will just swoop in like the gold-digging vulture she is to mend Rick's broken heart.

The only thing I can see out of this is Katie's eyes being opened to who exactly she's "engaged" to - the same pompous, arrogant, self-centered bastard Brooke was victimized by for far too many years. He's certainly a far cry from the poetry spouting, sensitive soul she thought she was getting. Or perhaps she'll drink the same Kool-Aid Brooke drank for years and be understanding and stand by her man while he paws over a woman young enough to be his granddaughter.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 7

Ridge came back and just swooped a broken Katie up in one fell swoop and now he's circling caroline like a hawk. What is he? Man or Bird?  He just seems to unstable to me , but that's the way they're writing him. The only thing that really bothers me about him lately, is the huge crater lines in his forehead up above his nose. I think they call them number 11 lines. However, I'm not saying he should go under the knife because his face shows character...... just maybe a small shot of botox in that area.

• Love 2

Another great day's work from Linsey Godfrey; she's really playing the head-versus-heart struggle in this storyline. And dare I say it? Liam was cute with Ivy. Liam and Ivy were cute together. I think I've caught the kiddie pool cooties - someone call the W.H.O!

And, once again, the whole "bio dad" thing came up between them. I don't remember them beating that particular horse to death like they have in the past few weeks; could it be more fodder for Eric to give the CEO spot to Rick?

The only characters that have brought up this particular plot point since TK's arrival have been Brooke, Rick, and Ridge himself recently. Eric repeatedly says that it doesn't bother him, that Ridge is his son the same as Rick is, etc. I don't see it being a factor for Eric as he chooses his successor but everyone else around him seems to. I wasn't watching in 2002-2003 and have only seen clips of the storyline, but I got the impression that if Eric was angry at anyone it was Stephanie for keeping Massimo a secret (both when she left Eric for Massimo and then at the paternity reveal), and he harboured no ill will towards Ridge over it - from memory it was even brought up yesterday with Ridge saying "Mom played a cruel trick on you, don't make me pay for it" (which I remember because RM's Ridge always called Stephanie "Mother", not "Mom").

I think if Eric chooses Rick over Ridge for the CEO position it will be on the back of Rick's loyalty, his disinclination to flighty behaviour, and his business acumen. (And his wife.) If he chooses Ridge over Rick it will be on the back of Ridge's tenure, his experience with FC, and his design talent, although the fact that Eric brought up Ridge's tyranny the last time he was head honcho makes me wonder if he is able to trust Ridge to not backstab him again.

That's one of TK's trademarked moves and he's been pulling out several of them lately.

Well I gotta say, it's pretty clever. The tease is always the best part!

I don't think Ridge would be pushing up on her like he is if Eric hadn't pretty much designated Caroline as the key to the FC castle.

Thanks for reminding me of the Super Mario meme, Joimiaroxeu!

Have you guys seen the bonus scene on YouTube?

Just watched it; why on earth would they cut that scene? It is packed full with all kind of goodies!

Beats me, RuntheTable. Most of the bonus scenes have a fluffed line in them somewhere but yesterday's was spot on, so that can't be it. I'm glad CBS choose to upload them for us to see instead of just leaving them on the cutting room floor, though.

Just curious...are you a fan of Eric as a character, or a fan of Eric because of JMC?  Personally I like both, and I hope he wants to stay a long time, because that is a role where I couldn't accept a recast (along with Stephanie).

Good question ByTor! I'll try to keep my answer brief, but here's the story: I started watching Bold after I caught the end of the Brooke/Eric Palm Springs honeymoon tent recreation scenes about 12 months ago, when Brooke was all over Eric asking him to be her baby daddy and he told her no - I was really impressed with this guy being able to say no to Brooke Logan (you don't have to watch the show to know she has a reputation!) and advocate some common sense by telling her to "go to Spencer - tell him the truth!" Then a couple of weeks later I saw him again at Brooke's birthday party with this other blonde who suggested that "if Taylor doesn't show up, you know where to find me...", and I was like, "What is with this guy???" So I did some Googling and some YouTubing and realised that actually Common Sense is not Eric Forrester's middle name, but I fell in love with him anyway because he was (and still is) sophisticated, charming, funny, and incredibly handsome...

... ahem. Sorry. I was also impressed with his work with Susan Flannery, and it was great fun researching the character and seeing their relationship evolve as actors and as their characters. It was really when I started looking up JMC's other TV & film work and enjoyed the contrast between his dramatic work in Bold and his more comedic roles in sitcoms/dramedies that I became a bit of a cheerleader for him, and trying to find more of his non-Bold work is how my blog started. I suppose it's a bit chicken-and-egg - I was a fan of Eric first before becoming a full-blown JMC fan, and now I look forward to any Eric scenes that come up because I want to watch JMC work.

I guess I get overly excited whenever Eric's on the show these days because we see him so seldom, and this forum is really my only avenue to gush. I'm sorry if I get a bit over zealous sometimes! I love reading everyone's posts here to get different perspectives on the character, even if you guys all pooh-pooh him for being an idiot (let's face it, he is). I think he's too long in the tooth to be recast - if/when JMC leaves/carks it, TPTB will pull the pin on the character too, and it'll just be a matter of whether the storyline will be planned or reactionary.

• Love 3

Wow I could almost feel the air rushing out of this episode when Hope showed up. Doubly so when Liam saw her. 

Caroline's flustered running from room to room was pretty funny.

It's official in one lunch date Liam has had more fun with Ivy than he did in all his years with Hope.

Twice in today's episode people closed the doors before having personal conversations. What's up with that ? How is Maya supposed to do her thing ?

I miss Fred Willard.

Although I know it wasn't meat to be, Eric saying "you're my son same as Rick" somehow felt like a shot at Thorne to me. 

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 7

I guess I get overly excited whenever Eric's on the show these days because we see him so seldom, and this forum is really my only avenue to gush. I'm sorry if I get a bit over zealous sometimes! I love reading everyone's posts here to get different perspectives on the character, even if you guys all pooh-pooh him for being an idiot (let's face it, he is)

No need to apologize for anything, your posts are great! :)

ETA:  As are everybody's here *group hug*

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

Hope.  Blech.  I get the sentiment behind her asking Aly to leave well enough along with regard to Liam, but her words and intonation were ridiculous.  "Aly, I don't understand why you're saying these things to me.  All it does is give me a sad.  You wouldn't want Hope to get a sad, would you?"

• Love 5
I will admit, sometimes when I see Ridge & Caroline getting intimate, I think of that hilariously awful RM scene, where Caroline showed Ridge her neck tattoo, and he got all emotional and just cried in an embarrassingly awful way. He could not pull this story off, so I appreciate Thorsten Kaye even more now.

No, if Ronn Moss was still around, we'd have more rehash of the same Triangle of Doom between Brooke and Taylor we've had since 1990 that hit it's sell-by date during the Clinton Administration.

Smidge (hehehe) and Caroline represent the biggest problem with the show now, which is throwing away history for the sake of plot. Many of Ridge's sneaky plots were usually because someone--usually Steph--was pushing him to do, and Caroline practically threw away her dignity to get back with Rick in spite of his two-timing with Maya. Another example was mentioned earlier about Ridge saying a non-designer nearly running FC into the ground. And he would be

. In the show's history, Brooke held CEO for the longest consistent amount of time (ten years) and introduced the Brooke's Bedroom line and the men's line (one that predated Thomas's thing a few years back) and one can assume BeLeif will be earning royalties for generations to come. It's easy to forget nowadays that Brooke Logan has a brain, understandably, but the show's EP (let alone the show creator's son who has worked on the show from day one!) need not make a blatant contrary line in there like.

Do TIIC realize that YouTube exists?

• Love 6

from memory it was even brought up yesterday with Ridge saying "Mom played a cruel trick on you, don't make me pay for it" (which I remember because RM's Ridge always called Stephanie "Mother", not "Mom").

Thank you! That has been driving me batshit crazy ever since TK took over! And it wasn't just "Mother" -- it was "Mo-THURRR", ending in this disappointed growl. That cracked me up every time!

• Love 10

As with all things in life, beauty and attractiveness is a personal thing. To me, TK is a greasy dude who looks to be in need of a good bath and a clothing makeover. He just looks so rumpled and slimy, and not someone who supposedly was a high end fashion designer. And now that he's obviously using Caroline to his own means, he's even more skeevy.

Aly is nothing more than a big budinsky. Maybe one too many knocks to the head by a jousting stick. But I do like Liam with Ivy. They make a nice, fun couple.

• Love 3

From the little I've seen of Ivy/Liam, I...don't hate them. I would hope TIIC will actually leave them be, because homeboy needs someone that actually cares for and about him, something that I didn't get from either Steffy at the beginning, nor from Hope the past year.

• Love 1

I remain murky on Ridge’s motivations, and am not convinced he is using Caroline. The way I see it, there are three possibly scenarios:

1. Ridge has no romantic interest in Caroline, but will continue to act as if he does in order to get the CEO spot, and once he has what he wants, will tell Caroline to take a hike back to Rick.
2. Ridge has no romantic interest in Caroline, and will use her infatuation to break her and Rick up, removing them as a couple from Eric’s argument for Rick to be CEO.
3. Ridge does have romantic interest in Caroline, and genuinely does want to be with her, and wants to run FC’s with her.

I can’t visualize how any of these would play out on the other side, but I can see issues and speed bumps aplenty. I know Eric isn’t the brightest bulb, but I do think he would be very suspicious of the timing, and think he would call a big friggin foul on any of it. And of course there is still Queen Sourpuss to consider. Will she end her and Ridge’s Beribbonment and go quietly in the night? Or maybe quietly back to Bill? If Eric had his druthers about him, he would realize that the best choice for CEO is Brooke. Not only has she proven herself in that role, but she is the only one not working some kind of agenda.

Ally is like an annoying little gnat; I find myself wanting to swat at her. Is she now Liam’s life planner? And even though I agree; for some reason her insistence that Hope is only with Wyatt because of the baby grated my last nerve. Go find that adorable boyfriend girlie, and get a life already.

I did enjoy Liam and Ivy yesterday; they may be growing on me. I like Ashleigh Brewer, who seems very natural and at ease in front of the camera.  And I appreciate how they are taking it slow; something B&B has gotten away from in recent years. None of that changes the fact that I would still like to see them capitalize on the smoking hot energy between Liam and Quinn, and give us some good ole fashioned hate sex.

The minute I saw Hope on my screen, all my good jollies flew away.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 6

And dare I say it? Liam was cute with Ivy. Liam and Ivy were cute together.

Liam actually smiles and laughs around Ivy! He seems almost...charming. May he realize that the whole star-crossed lovers bullshit is for kids and really move on.

I ain't gonna lie. I don't miss Ronnn Moss at all. I enjoy watching a Ridge played by a competent actor. It's nice to see a Ridge with something going on upstairs and dare I say it? Scheming like his mother.

I think this is the first time I have truly enjoyed Caroline, though I don't like the way the show portrays her as the key to the FC kingdom (hat tip Joi). She is very convincing as someone torn between her husband and her "fashion hero" as it were. Well-played, LG, well-played.

Rolling my eyes at Hope having that "What to Expect" book lying around.

• Love 3

Ronn Moss is old enough to be Caroline's grandfather (if she is the same age as LG) but Thorsten Kaye is only 48.

Which makes me wonder, was Ridge intentionally de-SORASed when the recast happened?

My initial thought was that sure he is old enough to be her grandfather, but I didn't realize LG was 26...yikes she looks young and yes I am jealous!!!  So In  real life no, I guess a 22 year age difference for a grandparent isn't too likely :)  It makes me wonder what the characters ages are supposed to be as well.

And it wasn't just "Mother" -- it was "Mo-THURRR", ending in this disappointed growl. That cracked me up every time!

hahahaha too funny :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

As gross as this Ridge/Caroline thing is, it's way more intriguing than the Adventures of Chicken and Waffles and the Dope who loves them both.  I stopped watching halfway through today's show.  Though I did like Hope's bustier romper.

• Love 8

Ridge may start out trying to break up Caroline and Rick to use her to get the CEO gig but judging by the look on his face when Caroline ran out of the office he was alternately conflicted, regretful, uneasy, and a teeny bit turned on. I think he likes Caroline and is already regretting playing this emotional game with her and that's where a genuine deepening of feelings beyond her being his conduit and muse will come in.

Think about it. Ridge is feeling broken since he can't draw but not only is Caroline fixing him she's giving his ego boost and depression a boost that Katie can't because as Caroline said to Rick: Someone who isn't an artist doesn't get it. We're in classic mid-life crisis affair territory for Ridge but they've set it up to be realistic in why he turns to her and she to him. And as much animosity as there is between him and Rick, I don't think Ridge deep down would want to hurt him like this but things are starting to get out of control.

And what's really cool about this storyline is that for once it isn't Brooke being the one letting her heart getting the best of her and busting up a marriage: Ridge is in the driver seat of this scandal and it's an interesting departure for him to be the active perpetrator rather than victim or onlooker. The fallout could be really tremendous in creating a rift between himself and Brooke and could push Rick straight into Thorne territory with wanting to go for blood with Ridge. Thing is, Rick can't play the family loyalty card when it all comes out since he's been hellbent on labling Ridge and a non-blood Forrester Marone. He felt Eric owed no familial loyalty to Ridge, well then he's gonna feel some real burn on Ridge showing him no familial loyalty.

Has B&B ever done a baby switch? I know I'm getting ahead of myself and the timing is dodgy but if Caroline ends up preggers after an affair with Ridge and is pregnant at the same time as Hope things could get real interesting.

Man, I can't wait for more of this.

• Love 6

Ya know....it's not a good idea to have Liam/Hope and Liam/Ivy back to back in the same ep.   Liam comes alive with Ivy while Hope just makes him a sad panda.

I loooove Quinn.  Lot of crazy going on behind those cool blue eyes.

I know Aly means well but she should be concentrating on her own love life.  How long since we've seen Oliver, anyway?

• Love 3

Has B&B ever done a baby switch? I know I'm getting ahead of myself and the timing is dodgy but if Caroline ends up preggers after an affair with Ridge and is pregnant at the same time as Hope things could get real interesting.

B&B did a baby switch storyline years ago when Amber (who didn't know who her baby's father was--teenager Rick or African American Raymond), went home to Furnace Creek and had the baby there.  BTW--Amber and Rick had a shotgun wedding much to his parents' dismay and at Stephanie's insistence (like that was any of her business).  Amber and her grifting, gold-digging mother, Tawny, were obviously concerned about what the baby would look like.  Amber's cousin, Becky, also had a baby at about the same time (sired by Deacon).  When Amber's baby was stillborn, her mother switched the two babies.  Amber triumphantly returned to Los Angeles with a Caucasian baby, claiming it was Rick's and rode that con out for as long as she could until cousin Becky put two and two together and demanded justice.  Knowing that the gig was up, Amber tearfully confessed to Rick and his family.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.722028727878978.1073742110.336233673125154&type=3 

What is this abomination! No, I tell you. I won't have any of this shit!

I'm right there with you, RuntheTable!  Just the thought of it is enough to turn my bowels into water!  I also wonder about the timing of it all since B&B in several European countries are anywhere to 7 months to over 1 year behind U.S. broadcasts.  Is it possible that TK simply isn't well received as Ridge by European fans and the show has to do something to make him appear acceptable as the "iconic" Ridge?

Edited by MulletorHater

There's only one of those pictures in that link that RuntheTable shared that I like, and that's the one with KKL looking like a boss in that black dress with TK and the 3/4 profile with most of his face shadowed.

Ashleigh Brewer's been on the show for...what...2 weeks?  How is it that she's already had 2 location shoots while relative vets like JY, LG and ZC have zero.  And I really like AB, but spread the love.

KKL looking like a boss in that black dress with TK and the 3/4 profile with most of his face shadowed.

I imagine TK's swarthy looks sell a lot better in Italy than they seem to be doing here. Hope this doesn't mean Ridge and Brooke will finally be remarrying. (And why do they all get married in foreign countries now?)

I loved it today when Aly called Quinn's unchecked reign of terror some "nasty tricks". Oh, is that what the kids are calling near-murderous felonies now? I guess Quinn won't get arrested until she blows something up, and even then not unless she's shown on live TV actually setting off the explosion.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Catching up on a week's worth of shows, and I was a little sad that the board has only grown 2 pages int hat time!  That, or I accidentally hid you all. 

Bill was killing it today. "If I was engaged to Ridge..." That was hilarious, and I am sure there is already a disturbing and relevant fanfic out there somewhere. No, do not point me to it. I like Bill when he's serving up the truth, though he can lay off noticing his niece's hotness.

Perfectly and hysterically said.

At first, I thought - I might not mind Ridge & Caroline ... ?  But then I realized Ridge is most likely just playing on her feelings to send Rick in to a tizzy and ensure himself the CEO position, and I liked it a lot less.  But it could be a combination of that and of actual feelings, like RuntheTable suggested.  Although it does make for an interesting story, and I'm Caroline at least is a little suspicious of his motives.  And I have to admit, I find TK pretty attractive, and I wouldn't mind a few of those grab-her-and-kiss-her moments, regardless of motive.  /lecherous old lady

I pay, at most, 50% attention to the Hope/ Wyatt/ Liam stuff, so I'm really confused about how Hope knows for a fact that the baby is Wyatt's.  She was sleeping with Liam before she married Wyatt, right?  I'm pretty sure I know how lady parts work, but I just do not get this at all. 

And just because I haven't said it in a while: Hope, stop marrying men/ staying married to men when you're in love with and want to be with someone else.  Poor form. 

Rolling my eyes at Hope having that "What to Expect" book lying around.

No need for the second half of that sentence, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 6

Why is Liam now reading up on pregnancy? I would have thought he'd have gotten an education when he and Steffy were expecting their baby. I was fully waiting for him to ask Hope if she was craving pickles and ice cream.

It's worth repeating...Hope is too immature and self-centered to be a mother. Sulking and admitting jealousy over Liam and Ivy is a good indicator. I still laugh when Hope tries to stand up to Quinn. It's comical.

Ridgepen can stay away for a good long time, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what demographic his grungy nasty appearance appeals to, but it sure ain't here.

• Love 5

I pay, at most, 50% attention to the Hope/ Wyatt/ Liam stuff, so I'm really confused about how Hope knows for a fact that the baby is Wyatt's.  She was sleeping with Liam before she married Wyatt, right?  I'm pretty sure I know how lady parts work, but I just do not get this at all.

Plot convenience.

It's lazy as shit when TIIC don't even bother to film a scene of Hope even finding out she's pregnant. I think those with two brain cells to rub together figured this was where Brat Bell was headed, but fuck.

• Love 1

Plot convenience.

I suppose that's as good a reason as any...

This is a long one today.

RuntheTable, I totally agree with 1 &2 of your spec on Ridgepen's behavior.  However, I think it's going to be a combo of the 2, Ridge has no feelings for Caroline at all and is just exploiting her crush. He wants what he want (CEO) when he wants it and he'll do anything to get it

He's going to keep after Caroline to support him as CEO  *and* work on breaking up her marriage so Eric can't play the stable couple card.  Once he gets the CEO job I think he'll throw her back to Rick with some snarky comment about it was always just business with him and she trashed her marriage for nothing, 

Makes me wonder if Eric would rescind the CEO position if he found out about Ridge's underhanded dirty dealings. 

I don't think Ridge is showing any signs that he might feel anything for Caroline.  All I see is this smirk every time she rushes from the room after he's been all up in her personal space.

In other news I didn't hate the Lope scenes today. And Hope's admission she was jealous of Liam and Ivy was as close as she's come to admitting that while she loves Wyatt, she isn't " in love" with him  and is only with him because of the baby. Ally was dead on with that comment.  And speaking of Ally I think she is such a Lope shipper because she's a young girl in the throes of her first love and she believes in true love for ever -- her example being Thorne and Darla. To her Lope is true love and true love should always win, BTW where is Oliver -- we need to see more of him.

I also enjoyed Wyatt standing up to his mother and telling her she was no longer his priority. I also liked his throwing up to her that she lied about his father to him nearly all his life.   I think that maybe, finally he's beginning to see how her possessive/ obsessive behavior is plain crazy and potentially dangerous.  He's backing what Hope wants and Quinnsane is furious at Hope, although controlling her anger in front of him.  I fully believe she going to do something to Hope if she continues to refuse to forgive Quinn or have her anywhere near the baby.

And totally shallow here -- but I was shocked that TK is only 48. He looks at least 10 years older to me.  Personally he does nothing for me, too greasy and unkempt. He always looks like he needs a shower, some deodorant and a change of clothes. He doesn't look like a business man, he doesn't look like a designer, he doesn't look like an artist. He just looks dirty.

• Love 7

Now that Ally is in the know, and has given her stamp of approval, I guess it will be full steam ahead for Liam and Ivy. I was somewhat surprised though, that she didn't ask to come to dinner with them, just to make sure, you know, that things were progressing for Liam as she thinks they should be. 

Poor sad Waffle's  just doesn't know how to let go. Reading up on pregnancy and prenatal care? As stated above, shouldn't he already have done that when Steffy was pregnant? What Liam needs to do is remember back to when he de-Hoped his house. Think about the physical act of taking Hope's pictures and placing them in the box, and closing the box, and sealing the box, and putting the box in a safe place. That is what he needs to do with his memories; pack that shit away, and find a safe storage place to keep it. It would only have to be one of those month-to-month type places, because this being B&B, no doubt Hope and Liam will at some point be back together, so Liam doesn't want to get to bogged down in long term storage contracts. 

I have watched B&B long enough to know that clothing often is a precursor for things to come, and I didn't miss Quinn's sedate, and for her, somewhat matronly shift type dress. No leather, no lizard skin, no snake skin; just a nice soft chiffon type fabric. And no harsh blacks, reds, or burgundy's; buff, Quinn's dress was a nice ladylike buff color. Quinn was so shortsighted in her quest to get Wyatt the woman of his dreams. Did it never occur to her that he might switch his loyalties to that person? Of course not, because regardless of what she is saying, Quinn doesn't believe she did anything wrong, so she never thought Hope would turn on her. I mean, don't all doting mom's threaten and assault folks for their beloved children? 

Wyatt is in such a pickle; by doing right by his wife, he is setting her up for Quinn. When Wyatt said to Quinn "what Hope wants, Hope gets"? I think I saw Quinn fairly buzzing and shaking with crazy mad rage, and her eyes were glowing almost radioactively. Oh, Hope better have more than her brave words to protect her. She most definitely should heed sad Waffle's advise and beef up their security. 

Mr. RuntheTable expressed his opinions on Ally's transformation today; noticing her new hairstyle, and how she is not the shy wallflower anymore. And he noted that she needs to shut up, but out and get a life. Not invested my ass.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4

And speaking of Ally I think she is such a Lope shipper because she's a young girl in the throes of her first love and she believes in true love for ever -- her example being Thorne and Darla. To her Lope is true love and true love should always win, BTW where is Oliver -- we need to see more of him.

Yeah, while I agree that Ally is laying it on hard with cheerleading Liam/Hope, I see her in the role of naive, romantic little sister to Liam and Hope. I like that she has so many friendships and is so loyal to those she loves. Sure, it can send her into crazy town but unlike Quinn, she can be talked off the ledge.

I've been hankering for more Oliver and Ally as a couple as well but the problem with that is as soon as the story shifts back to them, then they'll be given a problem to overcome and I'm not ready for them to be rocky just yet. I want to enjoy the big grinned, wide eyed schmaltz.

More than ever, I wish there was still a Spectra presence on this show for Aly to bounce off of. How easy would it be for Sally to leave her an inheritance that would build up a new company. Hell, it need not even be a fashi9n business, since there hasn't been a decent showing since 2005.

• Love 3

I guess I'll be the killjoy here...I really don't care much for Oliver. The actor who plays him is cute, but that doesn't make up for how (IMO) dull his character is written.  I think he could be decent with good material, but that's probably asking too much.

• Love 2

I guess I'll be the killjoy here...I really don't care much for Oliver. The actor who plays him is cute, but that doesn't make up for how (IMO) dull his character is written. I think he could be decent with good material, but that's probably asking too much.

I'm not crazy about him either, for most of the same reasons. He's barely more developed as a character than Liam. I dunno why he couldn't be transplanted to Y&R, because the character is wasted here.

Here's some advice, Dope: Keep your legs closed to your lover's brother and you won't find yourself in such a pickle. And if you can't do that, you can not rush into marriage because said lover didn't turn up when the clock struck three. I am sick to death of seeing her pained looks and cries of being robbed, And, do you guys, like me, suspect the silly cow hasn't yet checked in with an obstetrician? 

Writers, please give Quinn a life. Let's explore her affair with Deacon and keeping that a secret from the young Fooler and his wife. There are months to go before Baby Fooler is born, give the stalking Dope a break!

Also, the stupidness between Ridge and Caroline is a farce. He is totally playing her and I don't like it. Although, it must be said, I totally wouldn't be able to handle him being into her. It's like pedophilia and incest all wrapped up in one in my eyes.

• Love 5
suspect the silly cow hasn't yet checked in with an obstetrician? 

Oh gosh, wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out that Hope isn't even pregnant?  All this Sturm und Drang for nothing...

If it does turn out that way, I hope Quinn kidnaps Hope before anyone knows the dingbat isn't really knocked up. It would serve her right for being such a friggin' drama queen.

• Love 2

I thought that Liam and Ivy were kind of adorable today.  Hope daydreaming about Liam (after just having sex with her husband) while Liam was simultaneously making out with Ivy made me smile.  Oh, well.  That's what you get.  Quinn is a woman of action; if she didn't listen to you the first time, she's not going to listen to you, ever.  So instead of talking, Hope needs to get both Liam and Ivy to press charges against her and/or get a restraining order against her.  And be prepared to use it.  None of this "Give me another chance" crap.  She'll get in when she's in jail.  Or she won't.  Whatever -- not Hope's problem anymore.

I fully believe she going to do something to Hope if she continues to refuse to forgive Quinn or have her anywhere near the baby.

We've all noticed that Hope hasn't even considered the possibility that this might be Liam's baby.  I'm starting to wonder if Quinn is going to go in that direction - start putting a bug in Liam's ear that he needs a paternity test, and then she ensures it shows Liam as the father.  

When that first occurred to me, I thought, "but then she'd be taking Wyatt's child away and handing her own grandchild over to Liam."  But, I think she just might be that obsessed and desperate to get back into Wyatt's life that she'd see that as collateral damage.   And it would be less drastic than arranging an "accident" for Hope to lose the baby, which could backfire in a lot of ways (along with killing her grandchild), with no 100 percent guarantee that Hope would go running to Liam after the loss.  But let Hope think that Liam is the father, and she'll be gone in a heartbeat, leaving Wyatt alone and at her side again and still leaving open the possibility of her and Wyatt getting the kid back some day down the road. 

• Love 1

Well the Waffle cheered right up right quick! You go, Ivy. She has so much substance compared to Hope that it makes Hope look even more vapid. Why don't they develop some layers to this young lady - being Brooke's and Deacon's scandalous love child and the prize in some triangle just isn't cutting it. Show her doing actual work or having an actual talent. Let Hope accomplish something that justifies her "icon" status like serious devotion to charitable causes or whatever.

I am starting to think that Hope wants to have a physical relationship with Wyatt and an emotional one with Liam at the same time.

Did we really need montages with a sappy song?

Hey, dumbass Deacon, way to keep the crazy lady away from your daughter.

• Love 2

More than ever, I wish there was still a Spectra presence on this show for Aly to bounce off of. How easy would it be for Sally to leave her an inheritance that would build up a new company. Hell, it need not even be a fashi9n business, since there hasn't been a decent showing since 2005.

If Darlene Conley (the actress who played Sally) hadn't passed away, I believe that Macy would have been brought back. From a clinic in Europe where Sally had whisked her away after that chandelier fell on her and everyone only thought she died, but Sally had some experimental treatment done on her that saved her and had her recuperate fully. While Macy Alexander wouldn't be blood to Aly, she'd be part of Darla's Spectra family. Of course who knows if Thorne and Darla would have ever been written if Macy had come back. I really wanted Macy to come back, and still do. And CJ.

• Love 2

Did the show ever write Sally's death into the show after Ms. Conley passed?

And, would Macy still be married to Deacon if she did come back?  It would have been interesting seeing Deacon trying to pull his mack daddy moves on her especially if she was an heiress.  

I think that the last we heard mention of Sally, she was still on a cruise.

There was a lot of story potential in bringing Macy back, but without Sally, and with "Macy" on another soap, I guess it wasn't possible.

I just can't with those sword necklaces. How have Bill, Liam, and Wyatt not been laughed out of LA with those things? And now Ivy's talking about giving one to a baby! Oh yeah, that's just what every baby needs, something small and pointy hanging around their neck. And speaking of the baby, is it possible to get a restraining order on behalf of a fetus?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

Maybe Quinn should have heeded that old saying “Be careful what you wish for”, because it has certainly backfired on her. I don’t believe Quinn cares a hill of beans for Hope; she just happens to be the girl of her son’s dreams. At the same time, doing anything to hurt Hope would be a death knell in her relationship with Wyatt. In Quinn’s warped mind, she sees the baby as the obstacle, because that is Hope’s basis for telling her to stay away. So, will Quinn try to do something to make Hope tock the baby? And how will she do that? Anything physical could possibly hurt Hope and not the baby, or could hurt both of them. Maybe she will try to give Hope the same drug Stephanie tried to give Morgan? In any event, if something happens to Hope, ALL eyes should be firmly trained on Quinn. And here is where I am having a problem. Of all people, the Forrester’s and the Logan’s should know a little somethin somethin about “The Crazy”. They should all remember quite clearly that “The Crazy” will go to any lengths to achieve their ends, be it kidnapping, drugging, shooting or pushing out of windows. So it bugs that they have seen Quinn following in the same vein, with her “episodes” escalating, and becoming more daring and violent, but they have just stood by and done nothing. Wake up folks, because stupid is as stupid does.

Generally episodes largely donated to the Three Blind Mice grate my nerves, but yesterday’s was an exception. Like many, I don’t mind Hope and Liam so much when they are interacting with others, and although Hope is just plan annoying, I do like her much better with Wyatt. I really wasn’t on board with Ivy and Liam at first because it felt forced and convenient, but Ashleigh Brewer is changing that for me. She is so natural and believable in front of the camera, and for once, they are writing a female character with some common sense, and she makes Sad Waffle’s smile. I like Liam so much better when he is smiling and laughing, something he really didn’t do much of with Hope.

Did Deacon say he knew his daughter? How is that? He has been back in town for a few months, and prior to that had no interaction with Hope, so how is it he feels he knows anything? And if he did know anything, it would be that Hope goes whichever way the wind blows, and that she is reactionary, and immature. He thinks these are traits that will give her a leg up on Nutter Butter Mama Fooler? Yeah Deacon ole buddy, you just saunter on over to the beach house and tell daughter dearest all about you and Quinn and see what reaction you get. Then you try and sooth say her into changing her mind about Quinn being part of Hope’s baby’s life since you know her so well and all. Let’s see how that works out for ya.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4