Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

maybe it is unfortunate that they have become mortal enemies, because a Quinn/Liam hookup would have put the sass in the pants of just about everyone on the canvas.

Bill and Brooke weren't exactly bosom buddies either, especially after that epic smackdown Bill laid out after the Dare fiasco. So I wouldn't rule those two out just yet.....they still have more chem that Liam's ever been able tp muster with Hope the wet blanket.

Deacon's alcoholism story originated on B&B, Macy met him at an AA meeting. Brooke came upon the new couple at a restaurant and asked the waitress to serve two shots, which she did to Macy and Deacon's chagrin. Not one of Brooke's shining moments.

In Brooke's defence, this was just after Deacon used baby Eric's 2 percent shares in FC to force her out the company and Macy pretty much egged him on cuz she hated Brooke. But it is one of the rare instances of Brooke being hurtful on purpose versus the played out "following my heart" rubbish she pulls.

• Love 1

Not a fan of the "let's hide the pregnant actress/mysterious newcomer behind props and awkward camera angles" direction at the best of times, and this show did both today. We all know Deacon is returning to Bell-A! There's no need to hide that from the viewer; I would have rather seen Deacon reading Quinn as she was talking to him than be distracted by those low-angled bar shots. And hiding Linsey Godfrey behind flower arrangements/stacks of magazines/desks just looks silly and makes her pregnancy even more conspicuous.

Hope's pussy (cat) is called Malibu.

Thanks for being specific!

I was going to say something about Malibu rum too, but thought it would be too X-rated even for me.

I co-sign regarding Carter.  Maya, if you don't want him feel free to send him over my way!  I need to see him in his glasses & pajama bottoms like he wore in that men's fashion show...Lord!

I did a Google Image search trying to find that but I kept getting distracted by other things.

I can't stand Deacon. Sean K's little beady eyes don't help.

Me neither - I wasn't watching when Deacon was first on the scene but the clips I've seen on YouTube etc. haven't impressed me much, and Sean Kanan's not my cup of tea in the looks department. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what trouble brews between him & Quinn. And personally, being an Eric fan, and knowing that Eric absolutely hates Deacon and now has a sour taste for Quinn, I'm keen for some interaction between DeaQuinn vs Everyone Else.

Back to the Dubai story next week, yay! I'm bored of The Hope Show.

• Love 1

I love Sean Kanan enough for everybody:) (Somewhere the scream of my 16-year old self still echoes from the 1997 day Billy Warlock's AJ infected my screen.) I hope DeaQuinn becomes wildly popular to the point that Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini (of ABCD) either self-immolate or engage in a murder-suicide pact.

(Maybe unpopular)I also just love Ally, the actress brings something to every scene and, I don't, grounds Ally's cray-cray in something very real. She should be the young heroine of this show and (rushes through this shameful confession) I kind of want her to eventually hook up with Wyatt.

• Love 7
(edited)

Isn't Little D with his grandmother, Becky's mom, at an undisclosed location in the dessert? Where Amber hid them?

The last I remember, Amber mentioned him a few years ago when she was last featured on Y&R. I think he even made a brief appearance (he was like 9 or 10) and I made a mental note how ridiculous that was because young adult Hope had already been introduced to B&B by that point. I think they were trying to keep Amber young so they didn't want to age him even though we all know he was born before Hope. Add in the Marcus/Amber/Oliver/Liam/Hope drama resulting in baby Rosie and it all got kind of murky.

I thought Amber was hiding him out from Deacon so she sent him to boarding school.

I love Sean Kanan enough for everybody:) (Somewhere the scream of my 16-year old self still echoes from the 1997 day Billy Warlock's AJ infected my screen.) I hope DeaQuinn becomes wildly popular to the point that Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini (of ABCD) either self-immolate or engage in a murder-suicide pact.

I never watched GH (?) but my nostalgia for SK comes from him playing a bully in one of the Karate Kid movies lol. I have a soft spot for pretty much any actor from teen movies from the 80's/early 90's.

As far as Deacon specifically I like the fact that he's basically trash. He brought an element of grit to the Bell-A universe for me that contrasted well with the wealthy Forrestors. It's always been implied that The Logan's were this family from the other side of the tracks but truthfully they were nothing compared to Amber, Deacon and Becky. Deacon was trash who was often able to get one over on the Forresters which was entertaining for me. I hope he and Quinn have the right kind of mischief. So far they've done a good job of yanking the leash on Quinn after she's crossed a line. As far as I remember they were able to do that with Deacon too. Hopefully the writers keep it all in check.

Edited to add- I also love it when the show mines it's actual history. Deacon has a lot of history on this show with characters currently on the canvas like Rick, Brooke and Hope.

Edited by luvlee2003
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Little D/E thing actually gives me a headache.    I do wish that Amber would come back though.

I just watched the last two episodes.  I loved the week ending on Deacon. 

Edited by atomationage
  • Love 1

Well, I'm bummed. TVGuide Network is no longer doing the weekend catch up. That's how I was able to watch the show. No B&B for SweePea. :(

SweePea can you watch it on the CBS.com site? I use that and the CBS app on my iPad to watch it most days. It's definitely not as convenient as watching it on tv but they add episodes pretty quickly after airing and it fits my schedule.

I always have trouble with the cbs site. It's very difficult and takes forever, if I can actually make it past the spinning wheel. And then when the commercials play the show sometimes never comes back. It's never been mac friendly. And probably my DSL is an issue too. I'm sure as hell not going to try to watch something on my phone - I'm not Elroy Jetson.

• Love 3

I always have trouble with the cbs site. It's very difficult and takes forever, if I can actually make it past the spinning wheel. And then when the commercials play the show sometimes never comes back. It's never been mac friendly. And probably my DSL is an issue too. I'm sure as hell not going to try to watch something on my phone - I'm not Elroy Jetson.

Lol @ Elroy Jetson. I'm on a Mac using Chrome and have had pretty decent luck with the site lately *knocks on wood*.

• Love 2
(Maybe unpopular)I also just love Ally, the actress brings something to every scene

You are not alone Greta.  Ally's (and I am paraphrasing) "Wyatt's a big fat loser just like his mommy" to Quinn was just wonderful. Quinn was due a comeuppance and she got a good one.

• Love 2
Does this mean Aly can literally smell evil ?

That's because real recognizes real.  Not saying that Aly is evil; she has mental health issues stemming from Darla's death, Taylor seemingly getting away with murder, Taylor initially enmeshing herself into Thorne and Aly's lives, and years later Thorne hooking up with Taylor.  Aly got a firsthand glimpse of what it's like to deal with soulless cipher, Quinn.  Bitch really needs to get a frigging life quick, fast and in a hurry.  It's quite unseemly for a 40-50-something grown ass woman going through so many contortions to hook her ostrich-haired son up with some silly girl.

• Love 3

I liked Liam's and Wyatt's coversation today.  Liam is...dumb and ultimately a nerd, but he always means well, which I can take better than someone who is always openly plotting, which is why I've always liked him better than Wyatt.  My problem with Wyatt and Quinn is that they walked into this extremely dysfuctional family dynamic and started talking like they knew what was going on.  They had no first hand knowledge of everything that happened between Liam and Hope and Steffy, but they just kept being habitual line steppers.  That would be like me walking into the Jackson family and trying to insert some semblance of reality into their lives.  It might work for a second, but it's always going to revert back to the foolishness that they thrive in.

Anyway, I do like how Liam was like, "Look, sorry for you.  Even though you entered my life and moved into my home with no intentions of getting to know me as your brother, but instead used it to your advantage to sabatoge my relationship with my fiance, I still want you to be my brother."  That would never be me.  Even if all of that stuff didn't happen, Wyatt is still a straight up asshole, brother or no brother.

• Love 9

Hope holding her cat was a nice continuity, but a bit random, I thought. Maybe Scott brought his cat IRL to work for the day and they threw her into the scene?

I watch soaps early in the morning while I work out, and to not disturb the rest of my sleeping family, I mute the TV and read the CC. Odd, but it has become the main way I view soaps. Anyway, I had a little extra time and watched B&B episode this afternoon, volume on. I do love how the soundtrack is so soapy, almost the stereotypical soap music without the organs. The music during Liam and Wyatt's conversation was a bit odd-- it almost sounded like the background music from the GCAC over on Y&R, no?

• Love 2
(edited)

Wyatt is still a straight up asshole, brother or no brother.

I agree so much with Kia's whole post. Wyatt calling Liam condescending irritated me to irrational levels.

(Maybe unpopular)I also just love Ally

She can smell the evil on people, has a floating head mother, and hates Quinn and Chickenhead. What's not to love ?

I also think the actress does a good job with her. 

As far as Deacon goes, he did this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDzRoqygdIo

So I will always have a soft spot for him.

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 2

I thought it was a pretty good show today, for a Monday.  While there wasn't much to move any of the stories forward, there were some nice character development moments.  I enjoyed the dynamic between Liam and Wyatt, I liked Hope admitting to Aly that Hope for the Future was basically full of shit at its core, and I loved Deacon and Quinn and look forward to more with them.

• Love 3

Anyway, I do like how Liam was like, "Look, sorry for you.  Even though you entered my life and moved into my home with no intentions of getting to know me as your brother, but instead used it to your advantage to sabatoge my relationship with my fiance, I still want you to be my brother."  That would never be me.  Even if all of that stuff didn't happen, Wyatt is still a straight up asshole, brother or no brother.

Absolutely! Liam tried to welcome Wyatt into his family, but chicken head dissed him from day one and macked nonstop on his fiancée. Yeah, I could never be even halfway civil were I in Liam's shoes.

• Love 2

Agreed that Wyatt was a grade A dick from the get go. Even Nick waited till he thought Risge was dead to bang Brooke, but Wyatt was hitting on Hope in Liam's own house FFS! My feelings for Liam the Waffle aside, what absolute shit to pull.

I still await the end of Lope, however. Liam is tolerable with everyone but Hope.

• Love 2

I'm also looking forward to Deacon and am thankful that Brad Bell scooped up Sean Kanan after the idiots at GH utterly wasted his talents.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bDzRoqygdIo

That was some awesome, classic soap right there.  Ridge's DRAWING HAND dun dun dun!  Such a terrible actor, that Ron Moss, and unattractive IMO.  I don't miss him at all. 

Nor do I miss TK's version when he's off the screen for a week or so at a time.  I wish they would have cast someone different for Ridge and brought TK on as a new character, maybe someone from a rival fashion house or something.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh Rena Sofer, you are slaying me. That bit near the end when Quinn said she didn't know what men see in Brooke had Susan Flannery written all over it and I loved it. Really looking forward to Hurricane DeaQuinn now after those bar scenes.

And guys, when Eric called Bill "Spencer"? My heart fluttered. I love that Eric has no time for Bill and won't call him by his first name. His dislike of the Spencer name obviously runs very, very deep. 

So I guess the mermaid's done with Ridge? Nice of her to dress him in a fetching all-white cotton ensemble to signify his purification. /anvil

And co-signing on the Liam & Wyatt scenes. If Brad Bell doesn't want to do the bromance thing, then at least it'd be nice to see some family getting along for a change.

Wyatt calling Liam condescending irritated me to irrational levels.

It reminded me of the first Ridge/Bill confrontation at FC about six months ago now, when Bill said Ridge stank of arrogance (paraphrasing).

Hope holding her cat was a nice continuity, but a bit random, I thought.

I feel this is like a misunderstanding of the fans by the writers - I imagine the round table for this episode went something like:

WRITER #1: The natives are restless - I mean, the fans are concerned that there's no continuity throughout the show.
WRITER #2: I know what'll please them - bring the cat in from the shelter that plays absolutely no part in any frontburner storyline whatsoever. They'll like our attention to the little details!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDzRoqygdIo

So I will always have a soft spot for him.

Don't forget this little gem: Deacon deflowers Bridget!

Edited because html code hates me.

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 7

So, Ridge has just been wandering around the beaches of Abu Dhabi? Odd that none of the citizenry were able to connect the dots about the massive search for a missing person, and strange man aimlessly ambling along the beach. And were did Ridge get the white suit? If someone rescued him, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't know Ridge was the man being searched for. So maybe it was the mermaid after all? But I gotta tell ya, if Ridge turns around and is wearing a black silk shirt, and breaks out into John Travolta disco?

I liked how Brooke was calm and composed when she said "I need to get some air", but Katie was all atither, confused and looked about ready to faint, when she said " I gotta get outta here!". Oh, Katie and her dramatics; I am sure we are only just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Spoilers indicate,

That Ridge has amnesia. I like that better than paralasis, so if they are going in that direction I am on board with it. I think it could provide some good comedy relief.

I enjoyed the Liam/Wyatt scenes as well, but I wish they would let these two have a "brotherly" conversation without it turning into a pissing match over Hope. I get that is always going to be between them, but they could try to write some different dialog than this:

Wyatt - "Hope found something different with me". Huh? What was that? I admit that I have been wondering what that "something different" is for some time now. Is it a new position? S&M? The art of the BJ? How to wear lingerie without being slutty?

Liam - "Hope was confused, and lost her way, but she is back with me now. She is home." Again, huh? I didn't see Hope losing her way; I saw Liam marrying a pregnant Steffy, effectively pushing Hope away. And she found someone new. How is that confusing?

Oh, Dear Lord, how I love Deacon Sharpe. I loved him the first go around, and I hope to love him now. I can always get with a scoundrel who has a heart; it might have taken him some time to find it, but in the end he did. And I think him and Brooke were one of the hottest couples to ever grace our soap opera loving screens. If it hadn't of been so inappropriate, I wish they would have gotten married and had more babies. I will now begin dodging all those rotten tomatoes.

She can smell the evil on people, has a floating head mother, and hates Quinn and Chickenhead. What's not to love ?

I also think the actress does a good job with her.

Ally really does have it all going on, but I find the "Darla Floating Head of Wisdom" to be beyond creepy. It reminds me of one of those bad black & white 50's films. And AP has some impressive hair!

Oh Rena Sofer, you are slaying me. That bit near the end when Quinn said she didn't know what men see in Brooke had Susan Flannery written all over it and I loved it. Really looking forward to Hurricane DeaQuinn now after those bar scenes.

Indeed! I wonder where they will take these two? I have to admit I was surprised that Quinn didn't bolt out of that chair and start locking Deacon up in chains.

• Love 3
Oh Rena Sofer, you are slaying me. That bit near the end when Quinn said she didn't know what men see in Brooke had Susan Flannery written all over it

Like it or not Quinn is the new Stephanie, overbearing, laser-focused, unhealthy obsession with her son.  All she needs is some new pant suits, and a classic broach, she already has the bob of an early days B&B Stephanie.  I can almost picture Rena Sofer just starting out on the B&B, thinking this show desperately needs a new Stephanie and I'm going to be it!!!

• Love 1
I liked how Brooke was calm and composed when she said "I need to get some air", but Katie was all atither, confused and looked about ready to faint, when she said " I gotta get outta here!". Oh, Katie and her dramatics; I am sure we are only just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Spoilers indicate,  Spoiler

This bitch.  That's why I just can't with her ass.  I guess we should fasten our seat belts and gird our loins because we're about to see the return of the new basic cable channel:  KT-TV, where it's all Katie all the time.  Evidently, she has now cast her histrionic self as Ridge's "widow" complete with the redundant pity parties and narcissistic look-at-me moments.  Meanwhile, she still misses the point that her so-called man was too busy obsessing about his ex and Bill to stop to take his raggedy ass to a jewelry store and replace that silly string with a ring.   Bitch needs to go somewhere and take several seats!

• Love 3

I liked Hope admitting to Aly that Hope for the Future was basically full of shit at its core

I did too, and I liked that she said she has no business telling people how to live their lives.  What I didn't like was her basically saying there was nobody there to rein her in...way to deflect blame, Hope! I would have liked the scene better if she just came out & said she's embarrassed at what an obnoxious, preachy princess she was.

• Love 2

I liked how Brooke was calm and composed when she said "I need to get some air", but Katie was all atither, confused and looked about ready to faint, when she said " I gotta get outta here!". Oh, Katie and her dramatics; I am sure we are only just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Brooke's had more time to process it, I think.  Wasn't she the same way a few days ago, running out of the room, saying that she couldn't stay and was going to look for him herself?

• Love 1
(edited)

Gah i loved this episode! 

Quinn morphing into Stephanie; Rick, his wife, sister and niece all in a room together waiting for news; Hope fessing up to the HFTF messaging being dumb; Liam's incessant need to be kind to his brother (he's always been dense); Hope's face when she hears Deacon's voice though the door; Mermaid!Ridge not being missing for more than a week or so (*glares at Y&R and its 2 year long mysteries with stupid payoffs*).

It's so crazy that this show is doing all of the little detail things I used to love about its sister show Y&R. It's such a pleasure watching this show now. Argh I don't know how this happened and its messing with my mind. lol

Edited by luvlee2003
  • Love 3

This bitch.  That's why I just can't with her ass.  I guess we should fasten our seat belts and gird our loins because we're about to see the return of the new basic cable channel:  KT-TV, where it's all Katie all the time.  Evidently, she has now cast her histrionic self as Ridge's "widow" complete with the redundant pity parties and narcissistic look-at-me moments.  Meanwhile, she still misses the point that her so-called man was too busy obsessing about his ex and Bill to stop to take his raggedy ass to a jewelry store and replace that silly string with a ring.   Bitch needs to go somewhere and take several seats!

And it was beyond rich when Katie said to Bill that Ridge would always be Brooke's first priority. Excuse me, Princess Sourpuss, it was your so called fiancé who ran off around the world to stop Brooke from marrying Bill.

• Love 3

Aw Crap.  Are they going the amnesia route?  Ridge keeps looking strangely at Brooke and acting strange about seeing Katie.

I would love it if he thought he was still married to Taylor and they were still an intact family with the Tridge nuggets.  I would pay money to see the show's two pseudo-saints battle each other for Ridge's worthless carcass.  It would be a countdown to see how soon either (a) Taylor starts drinking again and laments the loss of her "best friend" to help her keep her marriage or (b) Katie works herself into a frenzy and has yet another cardiac episode.  Of course, we won't know if it's live or if it's Memorex given how she gives Fred Sanford a run for his money in manipulating her family with her weak heart.

• Love 5

Ridge definitely looks confused.  I'm confused by how Brooke and Eric couldn't see how confused Ridge looked.  Why is no one suggesting to take him to a hospital or something?  And does anybody remember if those are the same clothes he was wearing when he fell?  

Those were some nice scenes with Deacon and Hope, too.   I find myself really liking her lately.    

• Love 2

Ridge definitely looks confused.  I'm confused by how Brooke and Eric couldn't see how confused Ridge looked.  Why is no one suggesting to take him to a hospital or something?  And does anybody remember if those are the same clothes he was wearing when he fell?

Those were definitely not the clothes we was wearing.  Brooke did say that he was out of sorts, but I also couldn't figure out why they didn't take that dude to the hospital.

• Love 2

Those were definitely not the clothes we was wearing.  Brooke did say that he was out of sorts, but I also couldn't figure out why they didn't take that dude to the hospital.

No joke! Dude was like "who the bleep are these people?" If somebody has fallen out of a chopper into the sea, you take him to the hospital for a check-up.

• Love 3

Mermaid!Ridge not being missing for more than a week or so (*glares at Y&R and its 2 year long mysteries with stupid payoffs*).

It's so crazy that this show is doing all of the little detail things I used to love about its sister show Y&R. It's such a pleasure watching this show now.

Right on!  I've been recording both Y&R and B&B for years.  Y&R used to be the show I looked forward to watching, while I sometimes found B&B a bit boring.  Their roles have definitely reversed.  B&B is moving along at a brisk pace and it's filled with pretty people and soapy goodness.  To call Y&R a hot mess right now would be unfair to hot messes.

• Love 4

Right on!  I've been recording both Y&R and B&B for years.  Y&R used to be the show I looked forward to watching, while I sometimes found B&B a bit boring.  Their roles have definitely reversed.  B&B is moving along at a brisk pace and it's filled with pretty people and soapy goodness.  To call Y&R a hot mess right now would be unfair to hot messes.

Definitely. I used to FF through BB all the time, but now, I can watch Y and R in less than 5 minutes. B&B has gotten a lot better lately, despite the fact that I'm NOT a TK fan at all.

• Love 2

My theory on Ridge's clothing. They're the same outfit, he was so dirty they only looked black. Hours in the ocean returned them to the original white. As far as him still looking greasy... well the ocean only has so much power. 

• Love 12

Just wait for the historonics when she realizes that Ridge doesn't remember their epic 3-day romance and engagement...  Thank God for the mute button.

• Love 4

How friggin bizzaro was that? Brooke finds Ridge walking in the water and just stands there staring at him? Doesn't ask him where he has been? Or how he is? Or where he got the clothes? Or how he got to shore? Then in the suite with Eric; neither of them asked Ridge why he hadn't tried to find them? Ridge obviously knew where Bill and Brooke were getting married, but after the fall he didn't try to make his way back there? He just wanted to walk along the beach and think? Brooke knows Ridge better than anyone and she couldn't tell he was acting weird? I know she made the statement about him being out of sorts, but really, Ridge was completely out of it. I couldn't believe they weren't on the phone trying to get a doctor, or find out the location of the nearest hospital. Then out of no where Ridge calls Brooke "Logan". WTF? Is he playing them or something?

Talk about being self centered; here is Thorne, a man who has lost so much, and has always been the "also ran" brother, talking about losing someone else he loves, but still finding it in himself to offer solace to Katie. And what does Katie do? Nothing. A big fat nothing. Not one word of sympathy or concern. In fact, I haven't heard her offer one compassionate word to anyone about, you know, losing their son, or their brother, or their child's father, or the love of their entire adult life, or their uncle, or any family relationship. Nope. We won't have none of that. This is the Katie show, and it is all about her three month Red Ribbon Relationship with Ridge. That supersedes all else. I wonder how long it will be before Katie pulls out her box of Lemonheads and begins berating Brooke for being the person that found Ridge. I can hear it now, "You did this on purpose, just like everything else you do Brooke. You did this so Ridge will always remember you as the person who rescued him!"

I hope Deacon is on the up and up; I get the feeling that he is. For now. I have a bad feeling about how that will change when everyone gets home, spoilers say;

Brooke is not at all happy about Deacon's return, and encourages Hope to turn her back on him. You know everyone else that matters is going to feel the same.

Couple that with Quinn, and I don't see Deacon walking the line.

Eric got me today; JM did a good job with his reaction to seeing Ridge.

• Love 5

I thought Ridge looked mildly cleaner today, like the producers had strapped him in the back of a convertible and driven through a car wash a few times.

They should just cut their losses and double down at the same time by having Amnesiac Ridge revealed as Not!Ridge but Amnesiac Irish Poet With a Dark Past.

• Love 5

How friggin bizzaro was that? Brooke finds Ridge walking in the water and just stands there staring at him?

It was strange.  He seems to know who he is, he knows "Logan", he knows he isn't at home, but he also looks like he doesn't know what the hell anybody's talking about.  So is there such a thing as partial amnesia?  Or maybe he's just dazed and in shock?  

I wonder how long it will be before Katie pulls out her box of Lemonheads and begins berating Brooke for being the person that found Ridge.

Oh, you just know that's going to burn Katie's ass.  Should be fun!

• Love 1

Maybe he just has amnesia for the last 2 years. So he remembers Logan (thinks he is still with her), knows who his dad is and the rest of the bunch, but not what has transpired in the past few years. He know who Katie is, but doesn't remember their great 3 month love affair of soccer, poetry and frayed red ribbons.

He looked confused when Eric was talking out loud up to heaven to Stephanie (I think he should have been looking in a more southern, warmer direction) about their boy being home, so maybe he doesn't remember that she died either.

• Love 4

I saw on one of Sean Kanan's bios that he is back on Bold and Beautiful PERMANENTLY.  I am remembering that when he was coming back to B&B last time, it was said that someone in the cast went to the powers that be and, contract in hand, threatened to quit if he came back.  The person was assured that it was just a temporary placement.    

• Love 1