Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

From the CBS website:

I like that better than when they air the episode overnight at 1:36 AM or some other convoluted time like that. Today's episode wasn't even available on the site. One more day we have to wait to see what Aly does.

Pop network played one of my old favorites instead. I must have a gif of Quinn pushing Ivy into the Seine. I like Ivy, but that always makes me giggle. Classic Waffles moment as he does the tennis match head swivel from Ivy in the river, to Hope waiting for him, to Ivy, to Hope, then Ivy again...

• Love 5

Pop network played one of my old favorites instead. I must have a gif of Quinn pushing Ivy into the Seine. I like Ivy, but that always makes me giggle. Classic Waffles moment as he does the tennis match head swivel from Ivy in the river, to Hope waiting for him, to Ivy, to Hope, then Ivy again...

Yeah that was a nasty surprise. Tuned in hoping to catch the recent episode and wound up with that shyte. A big fat NO to a Hopeless episode.

• Love 4

It would be interesting to write Julius in a way that we don't know whether he is genuinely struggling to accept Maya or whether he's looking to use her as a cash cow.  It reminded me a little of early B&B with Brooke Logan entering the Forrester Mansion for the first time and zeroing in on Ridge.  It was written in such a way where you weren't quite sure whether Brooke was looking at Ridge for just his looks or as part of the total package of all the trappings of wealth.  It would make Julian a much more interesting character if he started out with some complexity.

As for Zende and his dutiful son declaration-- I can see what B&B is trying to do.  It seems as though the writing is setting up some future possibility of a difference of opinion between Zende and Kristen and Tony in some way?  Perhaps he goes against their wishes somewhere down the road?  The writing, direction and acting were all awkward in delivery.  Instead of making it an issue of gratitude, why not have Zende express his deep love for his parents and the need for him to honor them in his actions and words?  Even mention Zende's upbringing in South Africa and how strong the traditions of honoring your parents and your elders runs in the culture?

When you look at old clips of kid Zende, he was a very polite, accommodating child-- it's not inconceivable that he'd carry that into adulthood but at some point the character would and should rebel, even if it is a difference of opinion on some future issue.

I doubt that B&B would put this scene in there if they didn't plan to explore it later on down the road.

He did say that he was grateful to them for loving him enough to go back and get him. He also said that they never really asked for a lot so it was easy to accomodate. I doubt Felicia and Tony are very strict and limiting and he probably had a lot of freedom as long as he did the right thing like do well in school, not get high, safe sex, that sort of thing.

• Love 2

Any guesses as to whom Aly takes out at the fashion show? Obviously, none of the main characters will die, but I had a bad feeling about Maya's friend that was being fitted, so I'm guessing she will be the victim (they probably won't have Aly-in-psychosis actually kill someone, although, if they did, maybe that'll help her forgive Taylor a bit, if they draw parallels between Darla's death and the fashion show tragedy-to-be).

I don't know what'll happen, but I know it won't be good. 

• Love 3

What's up with that rats nest hairstyle on Caroline's head ? It looks like she should be solving cold cases.

Considering how Y&R's Victoria has been looking like the hippie kids I see around here at Pacific Beach in San Diego for the better part of a decade, I hardly even noticed Caroline's hair.
  • Love 5

"I know you've never been my biggest fan." Good grief, has Maya ascended to royalty or full sainthood? She was the one who went after Ridge and Caroline and she was the one who threatened Ridge's job because he wouldn't kiss little Ricky's heinie. It seems to me he has good reason not to like her so I don't why Maya--even jokingly--would be trying to call him out about it. Do Maya and Ridge have some bad history from back when RM was playing Ridge because otherwise I'm appalled at her continuing unwillingness to own up to the crap she did.

What is Aly's job? Why is she at the management meetings and why does she get to wander around being pissed off at everything?

• Love 3

"I know you've never been my biggest fan." Good grief, has Maya ascended to royalty or full sainthood?

What is Aly's job? Why is she at the management meetings and why does she get to wander around being pissed off at everything?

Full sainthood. Maya has apparently inherited Hope's halo. According to Aly she is family and therefore can do whatever the fuck she wants = Nepotism.

• Love 4
(edited)

This St. Maya storyline is boring the crap out of me. I don't give a flip whether her father likes her or not. Not everyone has to worship the ground she walks on.

I wish Aly would take out Steffy and Maya.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 14

Maya's parents are at least played by competent actors, and take screentime away from the most useless leading man in B&B history and FUN!!!Steffy, so I don't entirely hate them when they come onscreen.

I also realized Maya and Nicole are the rare black characters these days that aren't stuck in the "black bubble" as I call it, stuck on screen once a week and only allowed to interact with other black character. The best example of this is Neil Winters on Y&R who has hooked up with every black female of childbearing age to cross the show since Dru died, most of whom were around his daughter's age.

It helped that Maya's been attached to Rick for nearly her entire two years on the show, but at least B&B is no longer shying away from mixed race relationships.

• Love 11

Considering that they just came up with the concept for their new line like a week ago and now there will be a fashion show in a day or two, I'd hate to be in their art department. I sure hope the press, AKA Jarad, is available at the drop of a hat.

Speaking of the art department, judging by Aly's "trend board" I'd be a little wary of seeing her shoe designs. 

• Love 4

Considering that they just came up with the concept for their new line like a week ago and now there will be a fashion show in a day or two, I'd hate to be in their art department.

The first few seasons were far more fact based, with discussions and planning into the following season. This is also why 999 tmes out of 1000 why clothing retailers will never have much extra clothing in the back if your size isn't there...trends change so quickly so they can't have too much stock on hand.

I realize we're supposed to have attention span the size of a goldfish's, but certainly building a line for two months isn't asking too much.

• Love 6

Cha cha cha is back :(

And it was busted out by Liam the cowardly lion. 'Um so yeah, Ivy, maybe we could like talk sometime, like when it's not so, um, busy. I had plenty of time to vomit up sickening garbage about the future to Steffy, but I couldn't spare a moment to shit on your hopes and dreams." Am I supposed to be enchanted by the tender romance between Bill's walking talking shriveled testicle and Cha cha chucklehead? I think my gag reflex was moved, but it always is when characters spew dialogue about the non-existent awesomeness of one Steffy Forrester. Force of nature, my ass.

Please tell me we're not doing the Brooke/Deacon thing again. I can't. I won't.

So what's the deal with Maya's dad? Yesterday I felt like the show was bludgeoning me over the head with the idea that Mr. Avant is accepting Maya in order to partake of the Forrester money and lifestyle. Today, he came across a bit differently. I would just like to see a good story about a parent struggling to embrace their child's identity without any gold digging nonsense.

Guess we have to wait until Monday for Aly to snap.

• Love 14

It would be interesting to write Julius in a way that we don't know whether he is genuinely struggling to accept Maya or whether he's looking to use her as a cash cow.  It reminded me a little of early B&B with Brooke Logan entering the Forrester Mansion for the first time and zeroing in on Ridge.  It was written in such a way where you weren't quite sure whether Brooke was looking at Ridge for just his looks or as part of the total package of all the trappings of wealth.  It would make Julian a much more interesting character if he started out with some complexity.

As for Zende and his dutiful son declaration-- I can see what B&B is trying to do.  It seems as though the writing is setting up some future possibility of a difference of opinion between Zende and Kristen and Tony in some way?  Perhaps he goes against their wishes somewhere down the road?  The writing, direction and acting were all awkward in delivery.  Instead of making it an issue of gratitude, why not have Zende express his deep love for his parents and the need for him to honor them in his actions and words?  Even mention Zende's upbringing in South Africa and how strong the traditions of honoring your parents and your elders runs in the culture?

When you look at old clips of kid Zende, he was a very polite, accommodating child-- it's not inconceivable that he'd carry that into adulthood but at some point the character would and should rebel, even if it is a difference of opinion on some future issue.

I doubt that B&B would put this scene in there if they didn't plan to explore it later on down the road.

I still feel like that's how they're writing this storyline -- a little of both, and then he'll come around, I guess.

• Love 1

I'm starting to think that it's one of Maya's parents who will die here.  

Lawd, yes. I mean if she's not going to rush into a burning building to save disadvantaged puppies, it's yet another way to drum to up sympathy for her.

• Love 5

A couple of observations from today's show:

Ivy's dress was beautiful and so was Ivy. Ivy could wear a plastic bag and she will still look magnificent.

After seeing JMW in that black dress which she was probably not wearing a bra, I'm now more convinced her boobs are real. Nose job and Botox yes but that's her only enhancements.

Maya's father had the same inquisitive look on his face as did Nicole when they found out Zende was a Forester. They seem to not comprehend how there could be a black child with white parents.

Did you see the legs and neckon the other transgender models? That's what fashion models should look like.

Aly seems now to be more about hating Maya because of being Transgender than how Maya treated her. Evident with Aly's look of disdain of the other Transgender models and Steffy seemingly fondling the model.

Finally the entire cast was together, except Eric, for the fashion show.

• Love 7

Are Rick/Maya engaged or did he change his mind?

I thought that they were. But there's been no mention of it, like Maya flaunting it in the face of everyone she encounters and then some, so I guess they're not? But I see no reason why they wouldn't be since they are reconciled. It's a real head scratcher.

• Love 2

I thought the two trans models looked fantastic and I loved both of their dresses. But Maya? Not so much. She does not have the body of a high fashion model and on top of it all, that dress was too big. It needed to be taken in in the waist and overall the whole thing should have been tighter. Ivy has the body of a model; that dress would have looked better on her. 

Hi Deacon - please step away from Brooke.

• Love 4

So Aly is in charge of FC's social media? Yikes, who thought that was a good idea? Especially since she's not really on board as far as their "freedom" message is concerned. Even if none of them realize how off her rocker she is, they do know that she's socially conservative and probably won't take any congratulatory messages kindly. It probably would have made more sense to put Nicole and Zende or the other interns in charge of monitoring FC's social media accounts.

You'd think FC could afford two microphones instead of having Steffy and Maya snatching the one mic back and forth. For a minute there I thought they were going to start duking it out on stage.

Maya did look gorgeous in that dress. With her wavy hairstyle she had a Roaring '20s flapper look. Ditto the comment upthread, she really doesn't have a model's walk or body though--IMO. I guess that must be FC's trademark, to have non-models leading their fashion lines: Hope, Steffy, Maya.

Where was Carter? Wonder if he's going to get to meet Maya's dad. That should be a real eye-opener for Mr. Avant, to see that Maya's had two well-to-do men in love with her.

• Love 4

I think the black transgender model was stunning and believable as a model.  The blonde one?  Not so much.  She's far too large, and I don't mean plus size large, but she has big boobs that just don't fit in the real model world, and a J-Low booty.  Real runway models are a size two and basically flat chested and have no butts at all.  

I can't stand Darla-head.  And when did she become skunk head with that black hair with white streaks.  Aly plays a great nut, but I just hate the storyline.   

• Love 6

Wouldn't it make more sense to have intern Nicole in charge of the FC social media accounts since she has a background in computer science?

The actress who plays Maya did do a spot of modeling in real life but it was commercial modeling like cheesy ads for valtrex and gum. The actress who plays Aly was a pretty successful high fashion model.

• Love 6

I think the black transgender model was stunning and believable as a model.  The blonde one?  Not so much.  She's far too large, and I don't mean plus size large, but she has big boobs that just don't fit in the real model world, and a J-Low booty.  Real runway models are a size two and basically flat chested and have no butts at all.  

The first model on the runway, in the black dress, looked Asian to me. Is she transgender. She was gorgeous. I thought the blonde looked stunning too.

• Love 1

All she needs is a mustache to twist at both ends. I hate the way they have her lowering her head and making her look up towards her eyebrows with her eyeballs. Looks a bit campy to me....well, ok not campy, just stoopid!!!

• Love 4

All she needs is a mustache to twist at both ends. I hate the way they have her lowering her head and making her look up towards her eyebrows with her eyeballs. Looks a bit campy to me....well, ok not campy, just stoopid!!!

I was thinking they should have sprung for some red, glowing contact lenses. It's not like they were even trying to be subtle, so why not? :-)

• Love 6

Did anyone notice on Friday's episode (or Thursday...?) when Ridge was saying Caroline was more talented than he ever could hoped to be? RM! Ridge would have never uttered such a sentence. Seems like nuRidge is an entirely new character.

• Love 6

In this week's spoilers, I see that

it is revealed that Aly's breakdown has been spurred on by her discovery of a secret about Steffy, and Ivy separately discovers the secret this week. Any bets on the secret?

• Love 2

it is revealed that Aly's breakdown has been spurred on by her discovery of a secret about Steffy, and Ivy separately discovers the secret this week. Any bets on the secret?

Maybe it's

Steffy and Hope were secret lovers

Please let it be that.

• Love 5

THAT'S why Steffy's hair is so big. It's filled with secrets. Mystery solved...

• Love 7

That felt like one of the fashion shows of old, with all that hustle and bustle and excitement. 

And Ridge, saying Caroline was a better designer than him? I listened to that a couple of times to make sure I heard correctly. 

For once I have liked all the dresses. Let's see what today brings. 

It looks like KKL has had more work done; her eyes were really, really squinty. 

Caroline looked every inch the Silver Screen Starlet, and I even liked Steffy's take on 60's big, teased hair. Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Ally be like:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11107177_10153120694908089_5005026996542150076_n.jpg?oh=f4b53812bf53275688ddc35409112147&oe=564BE4E0

• Love 6

I think it's that

she's an android. (The robot kind, not the operating system kind.) That's why her face looks so artificial and like it's about to melt at any moment. Aly is going to catch Steffy unplugging herself from her recharger.

• Love 4

This is just a question, not a real spoiler but

is it possible that Steffy was driving when Darla died?

I don't know the timing of all that.

That would be one helluva retcon. So I wouldn't put it past Brad Bell! LOL!

Steffy was back in the country when it happened. The twins shared maybe a scene or two before it happened. I think. But since it was such a major storyline it is pretty doubtful that they would retcon it. 

• Love 2