Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I did like the reveal that Justin didn't mess up Ridge's transportation plans, he just happened to show up at the same time Ridge's helicopter was supposed to show up.

• Love 4

When Katie talked about the book of poems they liked to read, I wanted Eric to say incredulously, "What? Ridge reads? My son Ridge?"

I wanted to slap Quinn and her "sending the photo was an accident" crap. Own up, bitch. No one believes you anyway.

• Love 6

Ridge is responsible for his own idiocy.  That ridiculous selfie was just an excuse Ridge latched onto in a desperate attempt to stop the wedding.  Some such foolishness about being concerned about Bill's influence on RJ or something.

However, let's talk about the fact that Quinn was actually warned repeatedly by her son of the consequences that could befall both of them if she sent that ridiculous selfie to Ridge.  And, her response?  She didn't care!  Bitch can't even lie straight when confronted with her perfidy.  She minimized the damage and chose to put her own spin on how she was doing Brooke some favor.  And, for someone who is so pressed for her ostrich-haired son to be bound to Hope, she sure as hell didn't give any consideration to his concerns about getting dumped.  I don't even think Quinn is just a sociopath anymore.  I agree with the person upthread who called her a cipher.  The woman is a soulless cipher--a black hole of nothingness.  Between the denials and flippant attitude, the only thing she hasn't done is to point to her chest and simper, "Did I do thaaaat?"

• Love 6

We wouldn't want him to have a broken back while coping with sharks and jellyfish, would we?

That sounds like the makings of a very dramatic episode.   Kudos to the poster above mentioning TK's previous role and the plane crash.  I was thinking of that when I read the spoilers before. 

I was practically cheering for Liam today.  Unfortunately, Hope was at his side.  Justin, your helicoptering skills are needed back in LA.

• Love 2

I conversely wanted Liam shut up.  Of course he doesn't think Ridge is responsible for his own actions.  Goodness knows Liam never is.  He just marries which ever woman happens to be standing in front of him at the time.

• Love 2

As a new watcher, I didn't think I was invested in any of these characters yet.  Yet I find myself really irritated that this is somehow going to all end with Bill being the bad guy.  I think Ridge was totally out of line going to break up the wedding, drag Brooke off, etc., especially while poor ribbon-fingered Katie sat at home waiting.  But now if Pirate Bill (belated thanks to the poster who pointed out that Bill is indeed a pirate) takes the fall for killing or trying to kill Ridge, it's going to take away all the humor and fun I had with the storyline and, especially, the spectacularly hilarious helicopter scene.  I'd much rather see Ridge get pulled from the drink immediately, and let them all scream it out.  

Also, I think I would like it very much if Liam were featured less prominently.  And I find Quinn interesting.  A very interesting train wreck.

• Love 3

I admit I didn't watch all of this episode; I decided to practice guitar instead and only stopped to listen for the Eric/Katie scenes. You guys - he reached over and held her hand!!! They'll be married and divorced by the time they get to Abu Dhabi.

Ridge was eaten by the ocean animals.

I saw no tweets about a location shoot inside a whale, so I can say with some confidence that that won't happen.

I'm not understanding how Bill knew for certain that the sudden bank was going to eject Ridge from the helicopter.

Me neither. I still don't understand why Brad Bell didn't orchestrate a fight scene for maximum impact on this one, it just seems like a no-brainer plot device. There are too many questions being asked here.

no doubt Brooke should have been making calls, but in this order:
[...]2. Massamo[...]

Massimo doesn't deserve a call, he hasn't bothered to call or write Ridge or inquire about any of his grandkids in about 5 years.

I don't care if Massimo has been MIA, and we don't really know if in the background there is a relationship between R/M, but he is still Ridge's bio dad, and should be told about his son.

The last I read about Massimo (and Nick for that matter) was that no one knew where he was. The writers haven't forgotten about him because Brooke mentioned his name in the FC coup storyline recently. I imagine only Stephanie would have had his contact details and so probably took them to the grave with her; would Eric have kept her address books and other similar personal effects? I doubt it, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Also, I would argue that there would be time wasted trying to get in contact with Massimo while the rescue effort is on - better to tell people who are present in his life right now, and then fill others in later when there are more details to save everybody worrying about it and creating a mess of incorrect information. But I agree that Eric should have been the first called, the fact that he is Ridge's father notwithstanding; I would have thought Brooke & Eric's close relationship would have meant that Brooke would confide in him first before the sister she's been warring with for the last eighteen months or so. But that's probably just my bias towards those characters and their relationship.

When Katie talked about the book of poems they liked to read, I wanted Eric to say incredulously, "What? Ridge reads? My son Ridge?"

ERIC: "Are you sure we're talking about the same guy, here?"
KATIE: "He's a changed man!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And I find Quinn interesting.  A very interesting train wreck.

I agree, despite the mess she's in at the moment. I'm more interested in her approach to her own femininity, her own morality, and the way she conducts herself on a broad scale, in contrast to the other lead female characters (principally Brooke and Katie who are her contemporaries) and the comparison between her and Stephanie, especially in the light of what soap operas expect of their audiences versus what the audience expects from their soap opera. (I'm thinking about writing a paper on it.)

• Love 1
And I find Quinn interesting.  A very interesting train wreck.

I agree,

I usually save up 3-5 shows, watch them while ff'ing throught the chaff (Hope, Liam, Wyatt, Maya, Carter, Katie, Ridge, Eric), but whenever Aly, Quinn or Bill are on screen I slow down, they intrigue me.  Their characters are written and acted well.  I can watch a week in 40 minutes.

I feel a little bit better after yesterday's show. I am relieved to know that Justin didn't intercept Ridge's car and helicopter, although that was the best part of the whole thing; Ridge running acoss the country and commandeering commando style boats, all in an effort to save his Logan. I am just relieved that Justin was there to pick up B/B, and nothing was premeditated. I am also relieved that Bill meant for Justin to throw Ridge out of the helicopter at a much lower altitude, but Justin being the good soldier took Bill at his word and reacted immediately. So, I can continue liking Bill, but it is over for him and Brooke. She doesn't seem at all concerned about Quinn and the silly selfie; understandable given the circumstances, but I thought it would come up in her and Bill's discussion about finding Ridge and moving on. Quinn was the one thought Brooke was the high school cheerleader, the A List girl that everyone wants and who can't stand a challenge and would run from her man if he strayed. PFFFFT! Someone should educate Quinn on the fact that Brooke fought Stephanie for thirty years, and has never been one to back down from a challenge.

You guys - he reached over and held her hand!!! They'll be married and divorced by the time they get to Abu Dhabi.

HA! You took the words right outta my mouth St3phForrester! Alarms were bursting in my brain when they did that close up of Eric reaching over to hold Katie's hand.

If Katie comes charging into that suite carrying her ever present box of Lemonheads, and starts blubbering about losing the love of her life, and waving around her Red Ribbon of Commitment,  and accusing folks of this and that? I think I will go through my TV screen and choke her hard enough to pop all those little sour candies out of her mouth. Let's get this straight chickaleany; Brooke is the one who watched the father of her child, the man she has loved for thirty years, fall a very long way into the Persian Gulf. She is the one who saw the shock, fear and panic on his face. She is the one who would have that lasting image in her head for all eternity if Ridge was to come up dead. She is the one that is going to have to tell her young son that his dad is missing and may be dead. So don't start with your snark. This is not Brooke's fault; Ridge should not have been there, and Bill should have handled things in a different manner. But at the end of the day it all comes back to ..............

Quinn. What a bitch. She is a hybrid of Stephanie and Sheila and I hate her. Quinn encompasses all their worst traits. Even though she did some really reprehensible things, I never hated Stephanie. There were times I wanted to throttle her, but a combination of my SF love, and Stephanie's ability to be incredably kind made her a character that I actually liked. I never liked Sheila; not on Y&R or B&B, even thought they did try to show her vunerablities at times. Quinn however, has no goodness in her. Her soul is a black hole. She is driven by something that defies explanation. How can she not see that she is directly responsible for this?

And Wyatt better tread very carefully here. Behind closed doors he is laying his mother out, but in front of Hope and Liam he is defending her? Didn't he notice that Hope was not sideing with him? Does he believe that standing by crazy mom is going to help his cause with Hope? Or the extended Forrester, Logan and Spencer families? Quinn has layed the foundation for how people perceive her by making enemies of nearly everyone on the canvas; Donna, Pam, Liam, Bill, Katie,  and now all the rest are going to pile on. Yet she believes that there is going to be a glorious ending to all this, and all will be well, and she and Wyatt will stayed happily ensconsed inside the walls of Forrester Creations.

So nice to see Caroline; I heard LG was near her due date, hopefully she will be back full time very soon!

• Love 2

So what's the over/under on Ridge having not remembering the past two or so years when he's found and thinks that he and Brooke were on their honeymoon yacht when something happened to dump him overboard?

• Love 3
How can she not see that she is directly responsible for this?

Directly responsible?  Quinn bears some responsibility for this, but she wasn't there when Ridge dragged Brooke to the helicopter, she wasn't there when Justin banked the helicopter, she wasn't there when Ridge didn't put his seat belt on.  At most Quinn bears an indirect responsibility.

I am enjoying the fact that nearly everyone has Quinn's number, from Katie's "she's crazy, she's evil" to Liam's rant (I've never seen Scott Clifton with so much testosterone!) to Hope.  I never like it when a character's actions go unchecked, it looks like Quinn's time of impunity is over.  

• Love 1

Directly responsible?  Quinn bears some responsibility for this, but she wasn't there when Ridge dragged Brooke to the helicopter, she wasn't there when Justin banked the helicopter, she wasn't there when Ridge didn't put his seat belt on.  At most Quinn bears an indirect responsibility.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one sugarbaker design. I won't deny that there is plenty of blame to go around; Ridge should not have been there in the first place, Bill should not have given Justin that directive, and Justin should not have followed it. But none of it would ever have happened if Quinn had not "accidentally" sent Ridge that silly selfie. I said many posts ago that this is how it would go down; Quinn would somehow get the picture into Ridge's hands, and he would do her dirty work and that is exactly what happened. Now she can play the innocent because she never meant Ridge to see the picture. Right. I don't think anyone is going to buy that; Quinn has set the tone with her past machinations. Too many people know how she operates now, and are going to be furious that she will not shoulder responsibility for her actions. I am not a big Liam fan, but he was dead on yesterday; if Quinn would own one ounce of responsibilty, and would say she was sorry for what she did, and the repercussions it has caused, people might be able to, if not forgive her, tolerate her. It says a lot that Rick, a man who intensly dislikes Ridge,

fires Quinn over this. And it appears that everyone, including Wyatt, is going to turn their backs on her and that is how she ends up with Deacon.

Who knows though, spoilers have been known to be inaccurate.

• Love 1
Too many people know how she operates now, and are going to be furious that she will not shoulder responsibility for her actions. I am not a big Liam fan, but he was dead on yesterday; if Quinn would own one ounce of responsibilty, and would say she was sorry for what she did, and the repercussions it has caused, people might be able to, if not forgive her, tolerate her.

On this we agree 100%, RuntheTable!

And I love that spoiler!

• Love 3

What about Wyatt's face when Liam said how Quinn used the selfie to blackmail Bill into making him a Spencer? That was a good one. I fast-forward through so much it seems I missed Bill sharing that gem with Liam unless it happened offscreen. I so hope Wyatt calls his mother on that one later. Bill may make some attempts to be fair, but there's no way he feels for Wyatt the way he does for Liam.

Those Fullers are always acting like Liam is so spoiled and entitled when they know nothing of his history with Bill, whereas it's Wyatt who is more concerned about the benefits and aura of being a Spencer. If he had any respect whatsoever, he never would have bulldozed his way into a relationship with that simp Hope, knowing his half-brother was in a relationship with her. I hate them both.

And Quinn with the she "accidentally" uploaded the fuck picture with images she was supposed to be sending to Forrester? Does she think people are really that stupid?

• Love 6

What about Wyatt's face when Liam said how Quinn used the selfie to blackmail Bill into making him a Spencer? That was a good one. I fast-forward through so much it seems I missed Bill sharing that gem with Liam unless it happened offscreen. I so hope Wyatt calls his mother on that one later. Bill may make some attempts to be fair, but there's no way he feels for Wyatt the way he does for Liam.

There was a scene a while back at SP with Quinn basically threatening Bill with telling Brooke unless he made Wyatt a Spencer. This may have even been the day Bill officially got his company back. At some point Liam came by and Quinn made it clear to both of them that she was willing to blackmail Bill. Liam pleaded with Bill to just tell Brooke the truth (i think he even got his phone out to start calling Brooke for him) but Bill wouldn't do it.

I remembered that scene because I really liked the fact that Liam was aware of the blackmail plot. Usually with these shows the audience is screaming at the screen to just tell the truth because the blackmail will never end. It was good to hear Liam saying just that.

And Quinn with the she "accidentally" uploaded the fuck picture with images she was supposed to be sending to Forrester? Does she think people are really that stupid?

My whole issue with this is why isn't anyone calling Quinn out on her having taken the pic in the first place? It'd be different if they posed together or even made a sex tape, but she was malicious in taking the pic. The only reason a person would take a selfie with someone sleeping in the background is to prove that they were there for future leverage.

Also (im rambling now) why hasn't Liam told everyone that as far as he knows, Quinn tried to kill him a few weeks ago in that spa? I think he got close to telling Bill about it but got distracted. I'm guessing with every single person on the show piling it on about how horrible she is now it really isn't necessary but for me it totally helps justify his anger for her.

• Love 4

Also (im rambling now) why hasn't Liam told everyone that as far as he knows, Quinn tried to kill him a few weeks ago in that spa? I think he got close to telling Bill about it but got distracted. I'm guessing with every single person on the show piling it on about how horrible she is now it really isn't necessary but for me it totally helps justify his anger for her.

Good point.  I really hated those scenes where she was giggling as she kept turning the heat up & when confronted just blew the whole thing off.  Or how about when she almost threw Aly over a railing?

• Love 2
I agree, despite the mess she's in at the moment. I'm more interested in her approach to her own femininity, her own morality, and the way she conducts herself on a broad scale, in contrast to the other lead female characters (principally Brooke and Katie who are her contemporaries) and the comparison between her and Stephanie, especially in the light of what soap operas expect of their audiences versus what the audience expects from their soap opera. (I'm thinking about writing a paper on it.)

It would make a great paper.  If you do write it, please post it somewhere when you're done.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to read it.

Hopefully Ridge falling out of the helicopter won't come back to bite Bill in the ass.  Sometimes I really don't like Bill, especiall when he's bullying Katie, but I dislike Ridge even more.  He's a douche no matter who plays him.

• Love 2

Those Fullers are always acting like Liam is so spoiled and entitled when they know nothing of his history with Bill, whereas it's Wyatt who is more concerned about the benefits and aura of being a Spencer. If he had any respect whatsoever, he never would have bulldozed his way into a relationship with that simp Hope, knowing his half-brother was in a relationship with her. I hate them both.

Yeah, those two points really irk me. Wyatt is the spoiled Mommy's boy whereas Liam was working his way through college or grad school when he first showed up. He was nothing but nice to Wyatt at first, but Wyatt acted like a total ass to him and wouldn't stop macking on Liam's fiancée (who ate it up, BTW).

• Love 2
You guys - he reached over and held her hand!!! They'll be married and divorced by the time they get to Abu Dhabi.

HA! You took the words right outta my mouth St3phForrester! Alarms were bursting in my brain when they did that close up of Eric reaching over to hold Katie's hand.

See, you all know you're wrong for that!  I was so trying not to go there and have those thoughts.  But, I remembered, too, that Eric has a history of (a) marrying Beth Logan's daughters; and (b) conveniently being there to pick up the pieces.

If Katie comes charging into that suite carrying her ever present box of Lemonheads, and starts blubbering about losing the love of her life, and waving around her Red Ribbon of Commitment,  and accusing folks of this and that? I think I will go through my TV screen and choke her hard enough to pop all those little sour candies out of her mouth.

You're not the only one.  I figure that the countdown to Katie blaming Brooke and going on one of her sneering, sarcastic, histrionic rants starts in 10, 9, 8, 7...

Meanwhile, Ridge's "really, really cool" fiancee should be fuming that her so-called man was so obsessed with Brooke and Bill that he put their future on the back burner.  Sure, Katie can blame Quinn, Brooke and Obama, but ultimately it was Ridge's choice to go through all these contortions to stop the wedding.  This was even after Katie questioned the validity of the picture and Quinn's timing.  Not only did Katie's common sense observations go right over Ridge's greasy head, he kept right on obsessing.  It was his choice to don his white knight suit and become Sir Funk-a-Lot and rush off to "rescue"  Brooke.  Ten guesses as to whether Katie's rage will be directed at Ridge himself.  Heck, even Taylor had no problem getting in that ass when she felt neglected.  Oh, and will someone please tell that silly bitch to take that silly string off her finger?!

• Love 6

Why do they only have three types of men on this show?

1. Cocky arrogant prick = Bill, Wyatt ... etc

2. Weak willed = Liam, Eric ... etc

3. RIDGE = The worst of both previous categories.

I hope Deacon kicks Ridge in the head again. 

I hope Deacon kicks Ridge in the head again.

LOL at #3!

(edited)

It was nice to hear Kristen & Felicia get a mention today. [ETA:

Lesli Kay tweeted today that she's filmed some B&B scenes (!!!)

] Also, I wonder if we'll get to hear from Eric how he feels about Quinn now that her schemes and manipulations are coming to light, seeing as he was one of the few characters willing to sympathise with her early on in the piece. Will he say something about "I was told she was dangerous/crazy/untrustworthy but I didn't listen and now look what's happened" as everyone plays the blame game? Donna straight out warned him about Quinn all the way back at Thanksgiving; Quinn overheard and smoothed him over the next day with shiny monogrammed cufflinks. The shiniest of shiny things won't save her ass now.

It would make a great paper.  If you do write it, please post it somewhere when you're done.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to read it.

Gosh, thanks Kitty Redstone! I'll let you know. :)

See, you all know you're wrong for that!  I was so trying not to go there and have those thoughts.

If Ericatie is wrong, I don't want to be right.

I don't know about other soaps but my impression is that it's the same across the genre - the male characters are simply archetypes for the female characters to play against. If one assumes that the majority of soap opera viewers are women, the idea is that having two polarising options in a love triangle (for example) gives the female character and by extension the female viewer a sense of power and agency in her life (see: the Hope/Liam/Wyatt triangle). Brooke can be (and is) seen as triumphantly conquering the might of a cocky arrogant prick like Bill Spencer/Ridge Forrester/Nick Marone/etc., a ploy that has similarities to but falls way short of the Byronic romance; Stephanie was a kick-ass-and-take-names kind of lady because her husband was so spineless and weak-minded (however, I'd like to point out that Eric was not initially a doormat during the first 3-4 years of Bold and was actually very determined to do his own thing regardless of what Stephanie/his family thought about it. His resolve weakened over time). As much as I would love to see a male character fleshed out a bit more, I imagine the fear there is that they would overshadow the female characters which will not do in the soap opera genre, and so TPTB won't go there. Shame.

ETA: More spoilers for 6/16:

Walking along the shore in Abu Dhabi, Brooke comes upon the answer as to whether Ridge survived the accident. / As news spreads through Forrester Creations about the latest development, Eric must phone Taylor. / Bill and Justin become concerned that their involvement with the helicopter might be exposed. / Katie's plans for the future take a turn in a totally different direction. / A Logan sister fears that she will never have her fairytale life with Ridge. / Quinn is surprised when fate brings her the only person she believes can help her reunite Hope and Wyatt. / Liam acts unexpectedly sympathetic to Wyatt over his pain of losing Hope. / Hope is stunned to receive a visit from the last person she expected to see -- her father, Deacon. / Carter has harsh words for Maya about her obsession with Oliver and Aly's relationship. / A bittersweet homecoming brings more news.  / COMING: Bill deceives the woman he loves to get what he wants.

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 4

Re Quinn's culpability, I do not think she is responsible for Ridge flying to UAE nor for dragging Brooke down the beach and onto the helicopter.  That is all Ridge.  All he had to to do was email the photo to Brooke or call her.  Or nothing at all, which is probably the best option he didn't even consider.

However, Quinn's blatant attempt to disrupt the wedding and to try to compel Ridge to do something makes her responsible for her own fate, which is her sorry ass is going to get booted out.  She seemed to care so much about he work with Forrester and everything has been to hang onto that, yet she has pulled some bonehead moves, and this latest one should seal the deal.  People already see her as manipulative and troublesome, now she is giving them proof.  The one who should be angry at Quinn is Wyatt.  And Bill is an idiot because now that Quinn showed her hand, she has nothing on him anymore, but now he has his own mess to clean up.

I did enjoy Bill and Justing like two little kids in the schoolyard, trying to blame each other for the trouble they are in.

• Love 3

As silly as this SL is, I think the players are doing a great job, particularly DD, KKL and KM. I am buying every minute of Bill's distress, and I shockingly find myself conflicted about him. I am angry at him and disappointed at what he did; at the same time I find myself feeling sorry for him. But that all goes back to DD, who is playing this perfectly. KKL is doing a great job in her normal understated way, and KM was really impressive yesterday. Sometimes they make Hope come off as the dumbest girl around, then they give her something good to work with and she nails it.

It was nice to hear Kristen & Felicia get a mention today.

My thoughts as well. I was wondering the other day why Carter and Maya were in the office discussing Ridge and not Ally. And no one has contacted Thorne?

Also, I wonder if we'll get to hear from Eric how he feels about Quinn now that her schemes and manipulations are coming to light, seeing as he was one of the few characters willing to sympathise with her early on in the piece. Will he say something about "I was told she was dangerous/crazy/untrustworthy but I didn't listen and now look what's happened" as everyone plays the blame game? Donna straight out warned him about Quinn all the way back at Thanksgiving; Quinn overheard and smoothed him over the next day with shiny monogrammed cufflinks. The shiniest of shiny things won't save her ass now.

I commented about this way back on those other boards; Eric, of all people, should be able to see the signs of insanity! Everyone tried to warn him about Sheila, but Sheila was one of those "shiny things" and Eric wanted her and warnings be damned!

Ericatie

That is awfully close to.......er.......um.........cough.........Erotica...

See, you all know you're wrong for that!

I am standing firm with St3phForrester on this one!

I figure that the countdown to Katie blaming Brooke and going on one of her sneering, sarcastic, histrionic rants starts in 10, 9, 8, 7...

Knowing Katie she will skip right to the chase,  just like the guy in the movie in Home Alone; You got to the count of ten to get your ugly, yellow bellied, kiester outta here.....one, two, ten

Meanwhile, Ridge's "really, really cool" fiancee should be fuming that her so-called man was so obsessed with Brooke and Bill that he put their future on the back burner.  Sure, Katie can blame Quinn, Brooke and Obama, but ultimately it was Ridge's choice to go through all these contortions to stop the wedding.  This was even after Katie questioned the validity of the picture and Quinn's timing.  Not only did Katie's common sense observations go right over Ridge's greasy head, he kept right on obsessing.  It was his choice to don his white knight suit and become Sir Funk-a-Lot and rush off to "rescue"  Brooke.  Ten guesses as to whether Katie's rage will be directed at Ridge himself.

Great comment, and you are correct, a lot of Katie's anger should be directed at Ridge. Quinn started this thing, she is at the top of the pinnacle that created the serious of events that occured, so everyone should be fuming with her, but Ridge could have called Brooke and sent her the silly selfie via email. But I think Ridge not only wanted to stop the wedding, he wanted to do it in Bill's face, just to show him who has control over Logan, and who Logan really loves.

My whole issue with this is why isn't anyone calling Quinn out on her having taken the pic in the first place? It'd be different if they posed together or even made a sex tape, but she was malicious in taking the pic. The only reason a person would take a selfie with someone sleeping in the background is to prove that they were there for future leverage.

Another good point; Quinn violated Bill by taking that picture. I am surprised that they are not playing up this angle. No one "accidentally" snaps a selfie with their ex-lover in bed and naked and asleep for anything other than nefarious purposes. So, no one would "accidentally" send said picture to someone who was looking for a smoking gun on said ex-lover. Quinn is indeed her own worst enemy.

This may be unpopluar, but I feel bad for Wyatt. My mom is a normal person, so I can't imagine what it would be like to support a nut job like Quinn, but DB is doing a good job with this. I can feel his confusion on what way to go here; he loves Hope and wants to support her, but by doing that he is turning on his mom. Not a good position for anyone to be in, and after yesterday, I don't think we will being seeing Hope and Wyatt as couple for much longer.

Walking along the shore in Abu Dhabi, Brooke comes upon the answer as to whether Ridge survived the accident. / As news spreads through Forrester Creations about the latest development, Eric must phone Taylor. / Bill and Justin become concerned that their involvement with the helicopter might be exposed. / Katie's plans for the future take a turn in a totally different direction. / A Logan sister fears that she will never have her fairytale life with Ridge. / Quinn is surprised when fate brings her the only person she believes can help her reunite Hope and Wyatt. / Liam acts unexpectedly sympathetic to Wyatt over his pain of losing Hope. / Hope is stunned to receive a visit from the last person she expected to see -- her father, Deacon. / Carter has harsh words for Maya about her obsession with Oliver and Aly's relationship. / A bittersweet homecoming brings more news. / COMING: Bill deceives the woman he loves to get what he wants.

So Brooke is going to find Ridge? How hokey! And if Eric must phone Taylor then something is wrong with Ridge for sure. OMG, Katie's plans for the future go in a totally different direction? Ericatie here we come!

• Love 2

Let me guess...when Ridge is finally found he will have amnesia, and Bill & Justin will be sweating out when Ridge will remember that Justin was the pilot.  Which to me is super stupid, all they have to say is that he was remembering wrong, Justin's no pilot, blah blah blah.. But of course soap people lie & lie, but when someone tells them to tell the truth, they do, rather than keep up their ruse.

• Love 2

Someone did call her out on this.  I can't remember if it was Liam, Wyatt, or maybe even Bill himself.

• Love 1
(edited)

So Katie called Eric a gentleman today

Just a few weeks ago at the board meeting, when Eric put Brooke and Ridge in together as co/execs, he was pulling for them to get back together and even said they belong together. THEN, a few days ago, he was revealing a wedding dress he had made for Katie to marry idiot son Ridge?????WTF

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 1

The punishing, victimized Katie, who loves to rant, denounce and be superior to the sister who was more popular than she was in her teens, may now latch onto Eric, giving her final proof of her superiority.  It would be out of character for Brooke to do this, but I would love to see her stride in and take Eric back for herself, just to show she can.  

• Love 2

Just a few weeks ago at the board meeting, when Eric put Brooke and Ridge in together as co/execs, he was pulling for them to get back together and even said they belong together. THEN, a few days ago, he was revealing a wedding dress he had made for Katie to marry idiot son Ridge?????WTF

It cracked me up that he was still, while giving her the dress, basically saying "well, I still think he belongs with Brooke, but not my call, so, uh, well, here's your dress." 

• Love 3
(edited)

I really want Wyatt to get someone better than Hope, that waffling twit deserves Liam.

True!! She's just like her mommie. Ridge/Bill/Ridge/Bill. So little time so many choices. Remember, she's (Hope) had Oliver, and Thomas also. Hopefully Ridge has been captured by the last of the head hunters that might have migrated to Dubai...after all, it is a soap. lol But NOOOOOO, he's probably alive and has been found by a lovely young thing who is nursing him back to health. Maybe next time the big dummy will fasten his seat belt like a big boy!!!

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 1

I don't know about other soaps but my impression is that it's the same across the genre - the male characters are simply archetypes for the female characters to play against.

I wouldn't agree. B&B is probably the soap that caters the most to its female audience, in large part because the Bell family still owns the show and thus no danger of a Jill Farren Phelps coming in to fire all actresses over forty and cast Steve Burton as some long lost Forrester.

But even this current treand of women in the center of triangles is a new one to B&B. The last time Brooke had two men on a string was back when Nick Marone was in town and I'm hard pressed to think of another on which would predate that. The rest of the soaps seem to act like all women have the baby rabies.

• Love 2

Maybe Ridge has been rescued by the next love of his life - a beautiful mermaid. He can read her poems about sand crabs. Hopefully the next time we see Ridge he will be wearing a flowing seaweed scarf and be played by Ronnn Mosss. No ocean is big enough get TK clean.

• Love 12

We were just arguing here on Friday that you can't replace Ridge any more than you could replace Brooke, Eric, or Stephanie.   Brad Bell thought he could make a new Ridge.  Maybe you can, but not with TK.  Michael Park or Paolo Seganti, without the accent, might have worked better, but you still run into the problem of not being able to use 25 YEARS worth of clips of the actor in the role.  IMO, Ridge is better off dead until Ronn Moss or his wife decides that he wants to come back.

• Love 6
(edited)

On cue Katie comes in pointing fingers and laying blame. Then there was Brooke, rushing to Katie and hugging her, consoling her, telling her they were going to find Ridge and bring him back for Katie. Did Katie give one thought to what Brooke has been going through? Did she show one iota of concern for Brooke, who may have lost the man that has been most important in her life for thirty years? Who is the father of her young son? For the fact that Brooke was the won who watched this man fall to his possible death? For that matter, has Katie shown any concern for any of Ridge's extended family? His children? His father? NO. It is all about Katie's three month Red Ribbon Relationship with Ridge. Of course she is justified blowing off on everyone; not to mention she is "tired". As if Brooke and Bill have been out happily playing on the beach and having a great time. I wonder how long it will be before we have another cardiac event.

It doesn't appear that Wyatt,

is going to lose his job at Forrester along with his mother, but

, it does appear that his is going to lose Hope. I would imagine the newly introduced Ivy Forrester will come into play with him somehow, since it seems Hope has recommited herself to Liam. It is probably all for the best; something tells me the Forrester's, Logan's and Spencer's are all going to have a sour taste in their collective mouths for all things Fuller.

Maybe Ridge has been rescued by the next love of his life - a beautiful mermaid. He can read her poems about sand crabs. Hopefully the next time we see Ridge he will be wearing a flowing seaweed scarf and be played by Ronnn Mosss. No ocean is big enough get TK clean.

Oh my, just LMAO over that! I see visions of when Victor Newman was rescued by the blind woman out on that ranch, I think her name was Hope. Since we have never been told what Ridge's "life altering" event was, maybe this is it.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ugh Hope and Liam. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RuntheTable, re: spoilers:

OMG, Katie's plans for the future go in a totally different direction? Ericatie here we come!

Apparently John McCook & Heather Tom are presenting together at the Daytime Emmys this year. ("Apparently" because my only source is ONTD and I can't find anything to verify this information.) My heart skipped a beat when I read it. If this is true... I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. Remember last year when there were photos of TK & HT together doing stuff other than filming the show and then there was Kridge? If Ericate actually happens I will die.

The punishing, victimized Katie, who loves to rant, denounce and be superior to the sister who was more popular than she was in her teens, may now latch onto Eric, giving her final proof of her superiority.  It would be out of character for Brooke to do this, but I would love to see her stride in and take Eric back for herself, just to show she can.

I love all of this scenario, but I don't know if I could bear seeing Eric's heart being broken at the hands of Brooke again. And in any case, Brooke tried it last year and it didn't work. I wish the writers would address this apparent reluctance on Eric's part to resume a relationship with Donna - she's a) beautiful, b) interested, c) more mature than she was on their previous go-around, and d) financially secure. His hedging of the subject makes no sense to me.   

I wouldn't agree. B&B is probably the soap that caters the most to its female audience, in large part because the Bell family still owns the show and thus no danger of a Jill Farren Phelps coming in to fire all actresses over forty and cast Steve Burton as some long lost Forrester.

Thanks Anna Yolei, I appreciate the different perspective on this and would like to know more about other shows, particularly Y&R, although I have no strong desire to sit down and watch it (and anyway, it doesn't air here any more). When you say "caters to the female audience", what do you mean by that - are the storylines tailored more to female concerns, or is it a matter of more beefcake?

Maybe Ridge has been rescued by the next love of his life - a beautiful mermaid. He can read her poems about sand crabs.

On a love fool's headlong errand,
I plunged into the sea,
Arab search and rescue
Searched fruitlessly for me.

Down deeper in the briny gulf,
Below the boats and yatchs,
I thought I was a goner,
I thought all hope was lost.

But then a wet hand clutched at mine,
The breath of life she kissed,
With salty lips I was revived
By Poseidon's deep-sea witch.

Adieu to life upon the sand!
Goodbye to poor Katie!
Hello my Persian mermaid bride,
My newfound destiny!

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 13

Wait - who is Eric?  So confusing!  So far, I'm only sure who about a handful of people are, the ones that have been front and center for the last couple of months.  

I'm inclined to be happy that Hope chose Liam, if she has to choose one of them, but I don't know any of the Liam/ Hope/ Wyatt history.  I just know that Wyatt seems really annoying.  I wonder if him losing Hope will drive a wedge between him and Quinn, especially since he seems really frustrated that Quinn will not take any responsibility for any wrongdoing with regard to this whole Ridge Is Lost situation. 

I know soaps need a villain, but Quinn is far beyond that.  I truly hate her character and I'm getting tired of her constant manipulations.  No problem with her causing problems once in a while, but every single freaking day she pulling some kind of crap and not paying for it.  Seriously, how does she get away with her shit like locking Liam in a sauna, and nearly throwing Aly off a balcony and not being prosecuted?  And today, stealing a key to the cabin?  She's the ultimate bitch.

• Love 3

Hey, if it worked for Queen Stephanie...

Wait - who is Eric?  So confusing!  So far, I'm only sure who about a handful of people are, the ones that have been front and center for the last couple of months.  

I'm inclined to be happy that Hope chose Liam, if she has to choose one of them, but I don't know any of the Liam/ Hope/ Wyatt history.  I just know that Wyatt seems really annoying.  I wonder if him losing Hope will drive a wedge between him and Quinn, especially since he seems really frustrated that Quinn will not take any responsibility for any wrongdoing with regard to this whole Ridge Is Lost situation. 

Quick version: Eric Forrester--the guy who looks like Gandalf--is Stephanie Forrester's widower.  He's also *ticks off on fingers* Ridge, Thorne, Rick, Bridget, and Felicia and Kristen the Never-Seen's father.  And he's a horndog: he has also been involved with, at various points, Brooke and Donna and their late mother Beth, thus placing him one ONS away from sleeping his way through the entire Logan family.  (It probably should be noted that Taylor has slept through two families at this point.)

As for the Triangle of Doom, Mark II: in its current form, Hope is everybody-wants-her Brooke (if having taken a while to get there), Liam is a kinder and gentler Ridge (you missed all the stuff with him and Hope and Ridge's daughter Steffy), and Wyatt is Nick Marone--the smartass half-brother Ridge never knew he had.  The catch is that Nick generally was considered the saner choice for Brooke over professional waffle Ridge...even when he occasionally tried to save her from herself--and Wyatt seems to duck in and out of that zone at high speed.

• Love 2

How do you Fire Quinn without firing Wyatt? She designs all the jewelry.

Wyatt:  Mom you have to stop with the tricks and scheming. What's that in your hand ?

Quinn:  The keys to that cabin we don't own or have any right to use. 

Wyatt:  What a great idea, give them to me and I'll get Hope to meet me there. Thanks mom!

• Love 9

Hope's logic seems a little odd here.  Quinn's manipulations are no worse than Bill's were when he tried to break up Hope and Liam. Yes, yes, I understand that Bill is also Wyatt's father, but he was doing those things to her as Liam's father.  If she's going to hold Quinn's actions against Wyatt, why did she never hold Bill's actions against Liam?

• Love 5

As others mention, Quinnsane has gone full batshit in such a short amount of time, unlike Steph who took decades to where she was and Sheila, who had her vulnerable moments and formed real friendships, which made her decent into madness all the more interesting.

But Quinnsane has been as kooky as Pam used to be from day one, alienating everyone around her. She wasn't even that fond of Hope either until she got $$$ for being paired with the HFTH line, and if that were her motive for being Team Hyatt, that would make some sense.

I plunged into the sea,

Arab search and rescue

I thought I was a goner,

Adieu to life upon the sand!

Goodbye to poor Katie!

Hello my Persian mermaid bride,

My newfound destiny!

Can I just say, wow! Best mermaid po-em ever.

• Love 4

How do you Fire Quinn without firing Wyatt? She designs all the jewelry.

Wyatt:  Mom you have to stop with the tricks and scheming. What's that in your hand ?

Quinn:  The keys to that cabin we don't own or have any right to use. 

Wyatt:  What a great idea, give them to me and I'll get Hope to meet me there. Thanks mom!

Oh, yes. Wyatt could have taken those keys and put them back in the desk, but he didn't. That just shows what a Mommy's boy he is.

• Love 3

Should I even bother watching today's episode? All signs point to no.

Eric Forrester--the guy who looks like Gandalf

Hey now - he's no oil painting, but he's not bad for a guy on the wrong side of 65.

Can I just say, wow! Best mermaid po-em ever.

Thanks SweePea59! Although I've just noticed I used the same word two lines in a row, so points off!

• Love 2

I hate filler days, and that is what yesterday felt like. So there is really not all that much to say about it!

I plunged into the sea,
Arab search and rescue

I thought I was a goner,