Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I think part of Meri's desire for another child in addition to her disappointment with not having more children was that she had not produced a boy for Kody.

The father's contribution determines the sex of the child. Mothers contribute x, fathers contribute x or y. If she didn't produce a boy the "fault" lies with Kody. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, suomi said:

The father's contribution determines the sex of the child. Mothers contribute x, fathers contribute x or y. If she didn't produce a boy the "fault" lies with Kody. 

You know that, and I know that, but I'm pretty sure this gang is willfully ignorant about that.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

You know that, and I know that, but I'm pretty sure this gang is willfully ignorant about that.

We all know it, and I suspect they know it.  It is just that I have heard that expression from so many women who also know it.  Maybe it would have been cleared if I had said Meri was disappointed that she and Kody had not had a male child together.   My point was that Kody has always seemed to favor male children over the females.  There may be a few favored girls like Robyn's  youngest , but Ysabel and Gwen seem lost in the crowd and Truely and Savanah are neglected and ignored.

EDITED TO ADD:  I think all the women know this with the possible exception of Christine, because---well, because toasters....

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

It's obvious why Aurora has serious problems with panic.

and Day'un must be thrilled that he was publicly exposed as being the product of rape (according to his mother's account).

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I know its been discussed here before but I'll just say it again... Robyn's past is really suspect. "He took it and smashed it" and yet she had three kids with this horrible man. Now I understand the mindset of some women in abusive relationships. I don't fault her for staying - perhaps she felt she had to - for any number of reasons. However I do fault her for making these grand sweeping  after the fact -proclamations in front of the three children she had with that "horrible man." How damaging to THEM - the kids. She implies that the biggest mistake of her life is essentially having those children -- and she attempts to rewrite history by pasting Kody in. Yet,  she also sends the kids off to spend time alone with the 'horrible man.'  It's obvious why Aurora has serious problems with panic.

Not only does she say this in front of Jessop's children, she says it to all the Brown children. While filming. Smearing Jessop to the WORLD. Not just us rubberneckets, but to his world. For this, I deem her pure evil. 

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Not only does she say this in front of Jessop's children, she says it to all the Brown children. While filming. Smearing Jessop to the WORLD. Not just us rubberneckets, but to his world. For this, I deem her pure evil. 

Also, David Jessop is Christine's first cousin and Kody's third cousin.  He may also be related to Meri through more than one of her father's wives.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, Kody referred to Solomon as the glue that held the fambly together. 

I recall some extreme weirdness around Sol's birth...like the family was supposedly ripping apart at the seams but newborn Sol was going to heal everyone....very "messiah" like, and very uncomfortable.  Especially since the fracture in the family came when Robyn joined in.  But that tiny baby was going to make everything better.  No pressure, Sol, but you sucked at your job.

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
43 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

For me, this was child abuse to her kids.  Even if it were true I would've never said it in front of that man's children.  Robyn is a dark force, to be sure.

Yep - I believe the legal term is "abusive use of conflict" although perhaps some of our legal minds could correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1

"Parental Alienation" comes to mind.  Robchins is completely awful for doing that.  Her implying that Day-Un was the result of rape?  I wonder how that made him feel, in front of the whole family, and TV audience.  She's the very worst.

• Love 17

"Kody, 52, revealed that his relationship with Meri, 50, began to 'dissolve' in 2015 during her catfishing scandal".  No Kootie, it began to dissolve long before that, probably when you were drooling over Robyn right in front of your 3 wives & 13 children.  WE could all see it and it made Meri vulnerable to the catfisher because she wasn't feeling loved at home.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
29 minutes ago, deirdra said:

"Kody, 52, revealed that his relationship with Meri, 50, began to 'dissolve' in 2015 during her catfishing scandal".  No Kootie, it began to dissolve long before that, probably when you were drooling over Robyn right in front of your 3 wives & 13 children.  WE could all see it and it made Meri vulnerable to the catfisher because she wasn't feeling loved at home.

Well, that was when it started for his 3 wives and 13 children.  Not for King Kody.  As we all now know, the first 3 wives and first 13 children don't matter all that much to him.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Well, that was when it started for his 3 wives and 13 children.  Not for King Kody.  As we all now know, the first 3 wives and first 13 children don't matter all that much to him.

Add to that, it doesn't matter all that much to Robo, either.  Her phoniness just grows and grows.  I wish her butt would grow an inch every time she lies or puts on her fake concerned face.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Add to that, it doesn't matter all that much to Robo, either.  Her phoniness just grows and grows.  I wish her butt would grow an inch every time she lies or puts on her fake concerned face.

I think her chin grows with every lie. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Unbelievable!  Oh yeah Sobbin, you are trying to help Meri alright, right off a cliff.  We need the person who does those funny dubbed in conversations on Reddit (pinkmonkeyslippers?) to do that with this interview and have her say what she really thinks.  It would be hilarious!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Can Mormon women seal themselves to dead guys or are only righteous men allowed to seal themselves to dead people?  Devoting herself to a tombstone might cause Meri less strife & public humiliation than Kootie, and a better spot in heaven.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 3/31/2021 at 3:55 PM, iwantcookies said:

Meri needs to get catfished again 🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Oh deargodno!!!

Oh heck YES!!  Sign me up and pass the popcorn!!  

Ironically, during the Catfish (drink!) saga, we had a Meri who was basically a hunched and shriveled orange shell, trying to disappear into her XS denim vest while she shrugged and rolled her eyes about that big meanie Catfish man who was rilly a woman but Meri didn't know and was scared and how she didn't understand what a catfish even was and victim victim blah blah blah.

Now we have a Meri that lures Kody over to her house to "talk," only to drop some info on his doofus head that Mariah and Audge peaced out a week ago, so it sucks to be you big guy, maybe you should've called.  I don't know if she's over Kody?  Or she's not, but knows that he's never coming back to her?  Whatever it is, if we get a bit more of this sassy Meri, I'll take it.  I'm so used to her simpering and cowering in his presence, but I thoroughly enjoyed the glee she took in stroking Mosby like Austin Powers stroking his cat and telling Kody that he was SOL if he wanted to see their daughter.  All she really needed in that scene was a mustache to twirl.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
(edited)

So I sort of skimmed Becoming Sister Wives (by that I mean I read the words super fast and jumped past them all saying the same thing over and over in many different ways). I had never read it before, but I thought, what the heck - I'll give it a flyer. 

As with my recent binge rewatch of this dumpster fire, it's interesting to read that absolute drivel with the gift of hindsight. I rolled my eyes a lot. However, one thing that jumped out at me as actually somewhat shocking is She-Rah, Robyn's supposed alter ego. That shit is just flat-out identity dissociation. Made me wonder if Sobbyn (look - a third personality!) uses She-Rah as justification for viler behaviors.

Rilly - wasn't me who totally on purpose bought Janelle a size XL shirt instead of a 3X - it was She-Rah. 

Here's the dill....wasn't me who pulled the puppet strings to get Meri and Kody's legally divorced so I could become the rill legal wife...it was She-Rah.

I do not for a minute believe that Robyn has dissociative identity disorder. But I do believe it is her bullshit excuse she provides herself to justify all of her most heinous and manipulative behaviors while still believing she is a chaste, pure, god-fearing, compassionate woman and a wonderful sister wife.

Dexter had his "dark passenger." Robyn has "She-Rah."

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

Good observation on the She-Rah bullcrap.  The fact that she's never mentioned this on the show (that I can recall) makes it even more suspect - this is exactly the kind of "poor downtrodden single woman with three kids and a cookie-stealing ex who pulled herself up by her Victoria's Secret leggings" story that Robyn loves to tell about herself while turning the eye-booger machine up to 11.  So if it were true and not something stupid she thought she'd put in the book to make her sound more interesting, she'd be mentioning it every other episode.

And honestly, if you're going to give yourself a superhero name, can you get any more boring than She-Rah?  Geez, Robyn, at least try and make your lies somewhat convincing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh heck YES!!  Sign me up and pass the popcorn!!  

Ironically, during the Catfish (drink!) saga, we had a Meri who was basically a hunched and shriveled orange shell, trying to disappear into her XS denim vest while she shrugged and rolled her eyes about that big meanie Catfish man who was rilly a woman but Meri didn't know and was scared and how she didn't understand what a catfish even was and victim victim blah blah blah.

Now we have a Meri that lures Kody over to her house to "talk," only to drop some info on his doofus head that Mariah and Audge peaced out a week ago, so it sucks to be you big guy, maybe you should've called.  I don't know if she's over Kody?  Or she's not, but knows that he's never coming back to her?  Whatever it is, if we get a bit more of this sassy Meri, I'll take it.  I'm so used to her simpering and cowering in his presence, but I thoroughly enjoyed the glee she took in stroking Mosby like Austin Powers stroking his cat and telling Kody that he was SOL if he wanted to see their daughter.  All she really needed in that scene was a mustache to twirl.

Yes!yes!yes

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Art Of Noiz said:

Yes!yes!yes

Oh! Please excuse my ignernts about posting. What I also want to say is gf is scoring major points- off the top of his ridiculous cockscomb head. Death Star Ninja Meri! 

Now maybe Christine can start slapping him upside his head with some sassy red canvas shoes from her wall drops. Big ones, size 9 or 10!!  Here's hoping!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Watching an old episode, and Robyn is devastated, just devastated that Meri wants to go back to school because she was supposed to be soooo committed to MSWC, but the scene right before that has Robyn whining to Kody she wants another baby, so no way can she put all these hours into the business and needs hired help and investors....mmmmmmkay.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How old is Robyn?

According to Sister Wives Wiki: she was born October 9, 1978 (age 42, soon to be 42.5) Kootie: January 17, 1969 (age 52)

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, deirdra said:

According to Sister Wives Wiki: she was born October 9, 1978 (age 42, soon to be 42.5) Kootie: January 17, 1969 (age 52)

Wow.....I though much older.  So, I suppose she is young enough to reproduce, but I hope she doesn’t for the kids’ sake. 

• Love 8
On 3/30/2021 at 5:41 PM, itsadryheat said:

The other 4 characters in this play have been "somewhat" transparent with their past. We've been introduced to people in their lives, have a limited sense of how they grew up, and their show stories kind of fit with their lives. Granted don't think any of them would pass a lie detector test or a real Natalie Morales interview, but none of this chicks "story", behavior, words, tweets, scrubbed internet, rise to power and temporary "wealth" fits together. Its like they are all puzzle pieces, but to 7 different puzzles. Why would this be, what's she hiding and who is doing her clean up?

I started reading this thread from the start, just found out the Cynical Jinx site (which is very interesting), belief that there is something fishy about the Brown's, their past, and their "portrayal" but Robyn's is by far the weirdest. My non fact based thought is the connection to this AUB which shall never be discussed or alluded to. 

If her awful ex husband is AUB "royalty", maybe they are responsible for the scrubbing and ex husband's silence. Nothing else makes sense. Unless she's in witness protection and the Sisterwives is her new identity.

She's so full of it. She ad libs as she goes along, and the others show a poker face. Its creepy. I can't remember the episode, but Robyn said her ex's family are spiritual leaders in the community. Robyn's ex's dad is Louis Lamar. His obit said he was head maintenence at Pines Academy. 

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/132124631/louis-lamar-jessop

He just sounds like a nice guy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/4/2021 at 8:28 PM, deirdra said:

OMG--she's only about a month older than me. I thought she was approaching 50! I don't look MUCH younger than my age, maybe 35, but she looks so much older than 42 I thought we were close to a decade apart!

• Love 3
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

She's so full of it. She ad libs as she goes along, and the others show a poker face. Its creepy. I can't remember the episode, but Robyn said her ex's family are spiritual leaders in the community. Robyn's ex's dad is Louis Lamar. His obit said he was head maintenence at Pines Academy. 

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/132124631/louis-lamar-jessop

He just sounds like a nice guy.  

That's an odd obit. It only names dead relatives, not his wife/wives or children, those who survive him.  I guess that keeps them safe from getting arrested for polygamy whenever they get stopped for driving infractions.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I was originally hoping to be able to watch this show, maybe learn something and be entertained, but these people are so obnoxious and shady I feel like I'm watching a never ending Dateline episode with no ending.

• Love 10
Spoiler

People has a preview article up about next week's episode. Robyn can't decide whether to have more kids, so she cries because maybe God wants to give her more kids, and she wants to make sure she pops out as many kids as God wants to give her. Of course, that implies that she's already been pissing God off by using birth control to stop God's kids from showing up these past 4 years. 

Meanwhile, Kody says Ariella is still a pain in the ass, despite being "weaned", and doesn't seem so sure about popping out another high maintenance baby when Robyn can't even get their 4 year old to stop waking everyone up all night long.

I wonder if a new baby would keep Kody at Robyn's house all the time, or drive him to another wife's house where it's quieter?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:
  Reveal spoiler

People has a preview article up about next week's episode. Robyn can't decide whether to have more kids, so she cries because maybe God wants to give her more kids, and she wants to make sure she pops out as many kids as God wants to give her. Of course, that implies that she's already been pissing God off by using birth control to stop God's kids from showing up these past 4 years. 

Meanwhile, Kody says Ariella is still a pain in the ass, despite being "weaned", and doesn't seem so sure about popping out another high maintenance baby when Robyn can't even get their 4 year old to stop waking everyone up all night long.

I wonder if a new baby would keep Kody at Robyn's house all the time, or drive him to another wife's house where it's quieter?

Spoiler

...oh boy... and the tears coming along with it....since its a 'big dill.... 'This is reminding me so much of the story line about meri having more children via IVF/surrogate Robyn. Of course in that scenario Kody said no. In this one? He'll likely say yes. 

• Love 7
On 4/6/2021 at 11:53 PM, deirdra said:

That's an odd obit. It only names dead relatives, not his wife/wives or children, those who survive him.  I guess that keeps them safe from getting arrested for polygamy whenever they get stopped for driving infractions.

I agree it is odd but imo, many polygamist obits are. I confess, I google names for obits too! I reckon they try to stay under the radar whenever possible.

• Love 1

I really don't care for Robyn. From the very  beginning, she bugged me. I confess to feeling satisfaction at her warp speed aging. 

I was interested in finding ancestry on her stepdad, and her mom. If they were from a long line of polygamists, or converts. I think they are both converts to AUB. 

Now to the point. In googling obits, I learned that her baby brother Paul Sullivan Jr died in '17. The cause of death wasn't mentioned. Unmarried, no children. 

She had that death in the family, the move to Flagstaff, and her stepdad has been having heart problems. She mentioned that in a recent interview, but in one of my little forays in FB,  I learned it happened at least once before. Kinda sad, and it might explain her mouth drawing down so much. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I thought Robyn was ok at first. It wasn’t until her true self stared coming out that Irealized who she is.  The negative talk about her ex-husband seemed unnecessary.  The magical thinking about erasing her and her children’s  past with their father was horrible.  Just heartbreaking for the kids.  She did fight very hard to be wife # 1, but I think she now has remorse.  As it turns out Kody’s not what she thought.  At times, she seems intolerant of his behavior.  He seems to challenge her patience more so than the children do.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought Robyn was ok at first. It wasn’t until her true self stared coming out that Irealized who she is.  The negative talk about her ex-husband seemed unnecessary.  The magical thinking about erasing her and her children’s  past with their father was horrible.  Just heartbreaking for the kids.  She did fight very hard to be wife # 1, but I think she now has remorse.  As it turns out Kody’s not what she thought.  At times, she seems intolerant of his behavior.  He seems to challenge her patience more so than the children do.  

I wonder if it is actual remorse or if she is just trying to align herself with the other wives.  To avoid any appearance of gloating over the abundance she has in contrast to the other wives, she may pick at minor character flaws to minimize her position.  She has never had it so good and she knows this.  She is shrewd and manipulative and it seems to me that she wants to give the impression that she is just one of the girls to keep the peace.

• Love 20

To me, at times she seems to almost lose it.  Not this season, but prior seasons.  She was livid when he wanted to buy and she didn’t.  Also, things like loading, packing, etc. she has almost lost it.  It seemed she became disillusioned with him, when she saw him get all s******.  He can be exasperating.  If she’s still with him, it’s due to finances, imo.  I agree about that. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah. Be careful what you connive for!

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

I suspect that there were some good times with Kody long ago when the kids were young, wives were young, HE was young......I think he’s burned out.  No doubt he’s always been high energy, but now he seems distressed.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suspect that there were some good times with Kody long ago when the kids were young, wives were young, HE was young......I think he’s burned out.  No doubt he’s always been high energy, but now he seems distressed.  

Sleep deprivation, Robyn drama.  His old ass.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9