Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

The "trust fall" photo seems odd to me.  I'm surprised that they allow their children to wear clothing like that.  I remember in earlier episodes the wives wore wear long sleeves underneath short sleeve shirts.  Even when they went to the beach (Hawaii, I think) I remember the wives wearing very modest swim suits that didn't show much skin.  So I guess it's ok for their children to not wear modest clothes?  If that's the case, I'm happy that at least their children can dress like their non-polyg school peers.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

The "trust fall" photo seems odd to me.  I'm surprised that they allow their children to wear clothing like that.  I remember in earlier episodes the wives wore wear long sleeves underneath short sleeve shirts.  Even when they went to the beach (Hawaii, I think) I remember the wives wearing very modest swim suits that didn't show much skin.  So I guess it's ok for their children to not wear modest clothes?  If that's the case, I'm happy that at least their children can dress like their non-polyg school peers.

If I could give the Brown's credit for one thing, it would be that they don't seem to be overly restrictive when it comes to their kids.  Living away from Lehi, where polygamist style dress was the norm, they have all made the transition to adapting to "normal" choices of clothing.  So glad to see the adult Brown women now dressing for the climate, rather than the sausage casings they jammed themselves into for the sake of "modesty".

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Of course not. The majority of the season will be about the houses, the arguments over the houses, where to put the houses, the problems building/putting in houses, the Designated Mariah crying over why their house isn't done yet, etc. Only this time add in the bonus of snow season to the mix (wait, that will probably be for next season....) 

Oh geez, I hope not. ?  The last time they lived in rentals, you would have thought they were living in cardboard boxes under a bridge.  Whining, pissing and moaning.  The Brownie stock and trade.

• Love 6

Yeah, like I would really believe that the wives liked living on the same street.  I'll concede that some of the kids may not have liked living blocks apart, but the wives?  The hatred is palpable.

3 hours ago, toodles said:

Oh geez, I hope not. ?  The last time they lived in rentals, you would have thought they were living in cardboard boxes under a bridge.  Whining, pissing and moaning.  The Brownie stock and trade.

Oh yes, they made believe that it was so terrible, having to move to a different state, and rent?  Just the worst.  Polygamist families are so mistreated, they must deserve to have everything handed to them!  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, toodles said:

The last time they lived in rentals, you would have thought they were living in cardboard boxes under a bridge.

True.  Those rental homes were bigger than most peoples homes.  I expected them to be renting something smaller.  But I guess they were trying to be in a certain school district.

• Love 2

In the picture It looks to me like Yasbel is maybe standing on Dayton's shoulders, and I think that is Gabe, Christine and Savannah on one side and Robyn, Jenelle and Robyn's oldest daughter on the other side. And of course they are storing their belongings, I wonder how many rental homes this time. 

• Love 1

I have 10 siblings; step, half, & whole. I love them all, but there is no way I'd do a trust fall with them especially when they were teens. Ysabel is a lot more trusting than I'll ever be.

• Love 2

Those shorts are....no. 

Having a daughter is hard, when it comes to clothing shopping. I'm not trying to be like a Duggar, but I swear - it is next to impossible to find shorts that AREN'T that short. Every damn person I know wears shorts like that. People that I find very modest in most aspects of their lives. It's like you either get full length jeans, or shorts that ride your butt crack. With my daughter, I've been able to find these knee-skimming denim shorts that I love, but they hang almost too lose and make her look boxier than she is. It's difficult, I tell ya. I'm no prude, but I hate those super short shorts. Yet I try not to be judgy of those who wear them/let their kids wear them, because I've seen what's out there. 

At any rate, I do credit the Browns for giving their kids more freedom with the appearances and general life choices. Whether it means that they just don't believe in pushing their own beliefs on their kids OR that they don't even really strongly believe their own beliefs....I don't really care. I'm just glad to see that their kids are able to assert their independence in various ways and aren't little clones of mom and dad. 

• Love 12

Re. the shorts, I just hafta' say this.  I was born in 1937, the '50's were my heyday, we wore shorts just as short, but back in the day before GMO foods, the average 5'5" girl weighed 105-115 lbs., thus no butt cheeks.  Nearly every girl (and boy) were involved in sports in one form or another, there was no sitting on our fannies being entertained by TV or Gameboys.  We ate the best diet our parents could provide, we didn't have the variety of fruits and vegetables available today, apples, orange and sometimes grapes were our snack foods.  Peas, carrots and green beans were typical vegetables.  It never occurred to us that this may be bland or boring food.  Potato chips were around and sometimes for a treat, were purchased in 10 cent bags...and shared!

When I see young women like Mariah working away in the gym with her glutes fluttering, I wonder what kind of a diet and lack of physical activity ever brought her to this point.

I'm old and cranky, so if you're coming for me, I have the hose ready.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

The length of shorts available for kids/teens has apparently become quite a problem.  

The photo at the top of the article reminds me of Dolfin shorts in the 80s, which we called cheek hangers. I wore them but I was in my 30s then; my young daughter definitely did not wear them! It wasn't even a consideration,  that she would wear them. No!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I think Ysabel is very pretty.  I'm guessing that is their empty lot they are building on?

They didn’t say, but someone asked about school, and the first day is tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Probably. Who is the other one?

Gwendlyn .

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They didn’t say, but someone asked about school, and the first day is tomorrow.

Gwendlyn .

I'll bet the older kids are thrilled about switching high schools to another state.  :(

• Love 3

I wonder if that is the house they are renting in Flagstaff until they build their own.  Also, any idea if anyone other than Christine has moved?  Are any of Janelle's kids still in school?

So Gabriel and Savannah should still be in school.  Wonder if they started in Flagstaff too or are still in Las Vegas.  Same with Robyn's girls Aurora and Breanna.  Christine's girls are good team players for being forced to change high schools and having a positive attitude about it.  

Edited to add: based on Gabriel's instagram he has moved to Flagstaff too.  That only leaves Robyn's kids unaccounted for.  

Edited by smarty2020
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

So Gabriel and Savannah should still be in school.  Wonder if they started in Flagstaff too or are still in Las Vegas.  Same with Robyn's girls Aurora and Breanna.  Christine's girls are good team players for being forced to change high schools and having a positive attitude about it.  

Even though Christine can be a bit out there, out of the four of them, I think she’d make the transition for the kids much better than the other 3 wives. Heck, Meri probably just worried about herself.

• Love 2

Ysabel and Gabe seem to have such a nice group of friends.  I hope they find the same in Flagstaff and aren't lonely there.  Sometimes it's harder to break in to the already established groups of friends when you are older.  

• Love 8
On 8/8/2018 at 12:36 PM, suomi said:

The photo at the top of the article reminds me of Dolfin shorts in the 80s, which we called cheek hangers. I wore them but I was in my 30s then; my young daughter definitely did not wear them! It wasn't even a consideration,  that she would wear them. No!

I loved Dolphin shorts!  They had those little underpants in them.  That most people I know wore with actual underpants.  I had one real pair and one fake pair.  They were too large so they weren't AS short.  I was a little chubby so I didn't do the xs tight ones that my friends seemed to have.

• Love 1
On 8/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, Galloway Cave said:

Of course not. The majority of the season will be about the houses, the arguments over the houses, where to put the houses, the problems building/putting in houses, the Designated Mariah crying over why their house isn't done yet, etc. Only this time add in the bonus of snow season to the mix (wait, that will probably be for next season....) 

And I am looking forward to this!

• Love 8

I feel sad for Gabe. Moving is hard for anyone, but especially so when in high school. He seems to have made nice friends.  Hopefully, he will make good friends in AZ.

• Love 8
On 8/8/2018 at 10:37 AM, Sandy W said:

Re. the shorts, I just hafta' say this.  I was born in 1937, the '50's were my heyday, we wore shorts just as short, but back in the day before GMO foods, the average 5'5" girl weighed 105-115 lbs., thus no butt cheeks.  Nearly every girl (and boy) were involved in sports in one form or another, there was no sitting on our fannies being entertained by TV or Gameboys.  We ate the best diet our parents could provide, we didn't have the variety of fruits and vegetables available today, apples, orange and sometimes grapes were our snack foods.  Peas, carrots and green beans were typical vegetables.  It never occurred to us that this may be bland or boring food.  Potato chips were around and sometimes for a treat, were purchased in 10 cent bags...and shared!

When I see young women like Mariah working away in the gym with her glutes fluttering, I wonder what kind of a diet and lack of physical activity ever brought her to this point.

I'm old and cranky, so if you're coming for me, I have the hose ready.

I don't think it's GMO foods at all.  My mom was born in 39, i have a photo of her with short shorts on and she was skinny.  Everything was done by hand so you expended a lot of energy and there wasn't food for you to pig out on and you were not allowed to sit around the house doing nothing.  Mariah said she has avocado toast every day for breakfast.  That will pack the pounds on you quick.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, neh said:

Who was drinking the beer in that photo?

I saw that sitting there.  I'm guessing it was just Christine and her girls.  But I'm sure that Gwendlyn is old enough to drive.  I know some of the older kids drink and Christine talked about her wine, but not sure if Kody said that he drank.

• Love 2

I wonder how much actual hiking was done in flip-flops.  It is a pleasure to see Christine's girls photographed with their feet planted firmly on the ground instead of trying to strike a runway model pose.  Looking at you, Mariah and Audrey.

• Love 6

Wow, Flagstaff does look very pretty.  I like how someone asks in the instagram where everyone else is and Gwendlyn says "they're at their own homes and such".  Fans seem to think they do everything together.  I will admit I am super curious about the housing situation though.  They had an ideal situation with the 4 houses together in the cul-de-sac in LV.  It would be tough to find 4 rental houses that close together in Flagstaff.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder how much actual hiking was done in flip-flops.  It is a pleasure to see Christine's girls photographed with their feet planted firmly on the ground instead of trying to strike a runway model pose.  Looking at you, Mariah and Audrey.

We recently hiked around the north rim of the Grand Canyon.  We were amazed to see people out on the 1.75 mile dirt/stone trail in flip flops, sandals with no support, etc.  Most of them weren't carrying water, either.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder how much actual hiking was done in flip-flops.

As a river guide, I did all my work and hiking in the Grand Canyon in Chaco flips! Don't try that, people. We are the pros! They are made with tough, solid soles. As @AZChristian said, we would see people all the time in shower flip flops and regular sandals who what foot problems within 12 hours. And don't get me started on the water situation...

Gwynnie was speaking the unspoken- they live separate lives in their own homes. So are they renting four homes in Flag, plus making land payments on almost a million dollars of land, and home payments back in LV? I wonder if they are letting several of those homes go to foreclosure, hence the reason we don't see them listed.  

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I wonder if they are letting several of those homes go to foreclosure, hence the reason we don't see them listed.  

That's exactly my suspicion.  Burt I tend to look with suspicion at any of their business dealings.

• Love 5

It doesn't make sense for them to be in foreclosure though.  They bought the Las Vegas houses for $445,000 and even in rough shape they can sell them for $550-600,000.  That covers their mortgage and then some, even if they were interest only loans.  And if they were in such bad shape credit wise that they would be close to qualifying for bankruptcy who would have lent them the money to buy the land in Flagstaff?  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

who would have lent them the money to buy the land in Flagstaff?  

We are still stuck wondering who lent them money for the LV homes when they had such poor credit and one recent bankruptcy! It just seems weird that they have packed and moved to Flag and only have one home in LV up for sale. Even if some of the wives are still in LV, why not all four? Someone looking at one house may like one of the others. They all have slightly different aspects to their houses (Meri's WETBAR and hobby room vs Christine's "library" with doors vs Robyn's open dining area, etc). The sooner they sell those homes, the sooner they have that extra money to pay down their land morts or money to put down or pay entirely for homes.

• Love 3

A thought keeps niggling at me that just possibly they have inherited some money.  Kody's father (Janelle's stepfather) Winn passed away a few years ago owning a ranch.  The house wasn't much, but maybe the value of the land was high, although divided up amongst the siblings, I don't see there being the kind of dollars that would be required to finance this endeavor.

OR

Just maybe, they took full advantage of living in LV and hit it lucky on the gaming tables or slots.  A windfall of some description is the only way this makes any sense to me.  For sure the Brown's will not deal with the financial feasibilities in the upcoming season, it will be all about how giddy Kody is from that fresh mountain air.

• Love 5

As a river guide, I did all my work and hiking in the Grand Canyon in Chaco flips! Don't try that, people. We are the pros! They are made with tough, solid soles. As @AZChristian said, we would see people all the time in shower flip flops and regular sandals who what foot problems within 12 hours. And don't get me started on the water situation...

Gwynnie was speaking the unspoken- they live separate lives in their own homes. So are they renting four homes in Flag, plus making land payments on almost a million dollars of land, and home payments back in LV? I wonder if they are letting several of those homes go to foreclosure, hence the reason we don't see them listed.  

Could it be people are asking where the others are to find out who is in Flag and who is in LV and Geen is being cute with her answers.

Edited by orangesmartie
typo

So we know from Instagram that Christine, Gwen, Ysabel and Truely are in Flagstaff.  We also know that Janelle, Gabe and Savannah are in Flagstaff.  But still no Instagram evidence of Meri or Robyn & her kids being in Flagstaff right?  

3 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

So we know from Instagram that Christine, Gwen, Ysabel and Truely are in Flagstaff.  We also know that Janelle, Gabe and Savannah are in Flagstaff.  But still no Instagram evidence of Meri or Robyn & her kids being in Flagstaff right?  

Robyn mentioned unpacking in an Instagram post. I haven’t seen anything regarding Meri.

• Love 2

Chacos are often mistaken for run-of-the-mill flip-flops when they're more like all-terrain tires. Huge difference! 

The fam does seem to be more active in the Flag area. Just my silly opinion, but Vegas seemed to have ruined many of them health-wise. Glad to see them more active and enjoying what the area has to offer.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Robyn mentioned unpacking in an Instagram post. I haven’t seen anything regarding Meri.

Meri may not really be moving with the rest of the family. Maybe she'll just show up for filming so that Kody can still say that he has 4 wives and Meri still gets show money to go along. I honestly don't think that Kody and Meri still consider themselves married to one another.

• Love 4