Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

At least those were free. I bet that quack course cost her a bundle.

I read a review of the course and it was something like $6000. introductory special, back in 2014.

Edit:  Ginger beat me to it with the full package.  Thanks Ginger!

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 1

She dropped six grand and all we get from her is the Google-fad-of-the-day and her moping about how she can't finish decorating her damn Christmas tree?

Wow.  Money well spent there,  Eeyore.  I hope Savannah doesn't need braces.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Just think, the 6 grand Janelle wasted, could have been saved for Ysabel's possible surgery.

Not very sister-wifery of you, Janelle.  

Once again, MFM hit one out of the park!  I had an In-and-Out burger when we were in CA some years ago.  LOL at Janelle hiding the wrapper.  She just better make sure she's paid her garbage bill.  An adoring fan may discover it, and her cover would be blown!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Maybe, I've misjudged Janelle.  I wasn't giving her enough credit, considering her credentials.......I really had NO idea.  So....what do I know? lol  

Seriously, I've considered becoming a nutritionist, but, felt that I need to be a good example myself by eating right and maintaining a healthy weight.  I thought it was important. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, I've misjudged Janelle.  I wasn't giving her enough credit, considering her credentials.......I really had NO idea.  So....what do I know? lol  

Seriously, I've considered becoming a nutritionist, but, felt that I need to be a good example myself by eating right and maintaining a healthy weight.  I thought it was important. 

Janelle bought that "credential" and didn't have to reach a healthy BMI to get it.  That in itself tells me it's  some kind of scam.  Weight Watchers leaders have to maintain their goal weight to earn that gig.  

The way Janelle searches for a magic fix is nuts.  I'm sure she must know that there is no such thing.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

The way Janelle searches for a magic fix is nuts.  I'm sure she must know that there is no such thing.

Build it and they will come.    I think Janelle needs SOME way to make money, and if fans are willing to part with $$ for "words of wisdom" that really impart nothing new or noteworthy, she probably thinks -  "Why not?"   One of my sons streams games online as a hobby (not his job) and people pay to subscribe.  So stupid IMO, but he does it and people pay.  It's kind of the new "thing".

• Love 5
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What does she mean by the vegetables being interesting?  Is it the oil dressing?  Cream sauce?  The veggies look really good, but, they appear to be in some kind of heavy coating.  Often that is high in fat and/or calories, even sugar, and it defeats the purpose of trying to have a healthful dish.  I think that roasted veggies with an ultra small drizzle of olive oil or fresh lemon is just awesome. I guess that's not sexy enough for Strive.   Maybe, I'm just lucky.  I've loved veggies and fruits since I was a little kid. No one had to encourage me to eat them.  Just LOVED them.  

The more olive oil the better. Fat is good for you. 

Edited by Higgins

Healthy fats are good for you to a certain extent, but, even olive oil and avocados  have calories, and if you eat too many it will prevent weight loss.  That's what I was trying to say.  Maybe, weight loss is not on her agenda. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A3FDF953-C2DD-4307-A3F2-26F93BEF0F6B.jpeg

.Followed by:

22F4CBC9-5CA7-485A-9886-A1C13FE6BAB4.jpeg

Oh, Janelle. Six grand, seriously?

I wonder if she's recouped the family's investment yet. She has very little overhead - buy the latest fad, take a picture, then sit at the computer typing. She may even get some of that stuff for free just to promote it, or get a kickback from the company.

• Love 2
On 2/1/2019 at 3:30 AM, ginger90 said:

E52B88B0-03D0-49ED-8D37-91D288C02B08.jpeg

In addition to the other "health coach" certificate for which she spent $ 6k, she's getting hosed, pardon me training, by another "health center".  Just a reminder of the highly trained, professional mind behind Janelle 's posts.

• Love 4

What's getting my curiosity up is WHY can't I figure a way to make money on the internet?  I mean.....is it that easy?  Meri sells enough leggings to purchase a B&B?  Sister Wife's Closet with all that stuff that no one wants is actually supporting FOUR families?  STRIVE was worth that $6000.00 investment!!!!!! REALLY?  These ladies must be smarter than they appear.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle bought that "credential" and didn't have to reach a healthy BMI to get it.  That in itself tells me it's  some kind of scam.  Weight Watchers leaders have to maintain their goal weight to earn that gig.  

Even after becoming a diet guru (ha!) she is no closer to her goal.  THAT right there tells me STRIVE is bullshit.

@Mahamid Frauded Me loved the hemorrhoid advice!  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, I need STRIVE, because, I'm just not convinced that you can really do your health a service and lose weight if you are dining out a lot and eating processed food on a regular basis. 

If I were looking for a healthy eating plan, I would shy away from online programs such as Strive and stick with tried and true companies such as Weight Watchers.  I have never been a member, but I think you must attend weekly weigh-in's and be accountable, something Janelle is avoiding.

• Love 7

Okay.  I got some candy for Valentine's Day!  So....I'm going to pull a Janelle and eat it, all the while pointing out the positive effects that dark chocolate has on our immune system.  lol 

If you buy quality dark chocolate with a high cocoa content, then it is actually quite nutritious.

It contains a decent amount of soluble fiber and is loaded with minerals.

A 100-gram bar of dark chocolate with 70–85% cocoa contains (1):

11 grams of fiber

67% of the RDI for iron

58% of the RDI for magnesium

89% of the RDI for copper

98% of the RDI for manganese

It also has plenty of potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-health-benefits-dark-chocolate

Hey, I think I could get the hang of this!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay.  I got some candy for Valentine's Day!  So....I'm going to pull a Janelle and eat it, all the while pointing out the positive effects that dark chocolate has on our immune system.  lol 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-health-benefits-dark-chocolate

Hey, I think I could get the hang of this!

SunnyBebe, make sure you also whine about how hard it is to open the packaging and sort the various wrappers into garbage and recycling piles and then walk them all the way to the appropriate bins, if you can find your special garbage-going sneakers.  LOL

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

SunnyBebe, make sure you also whine about how hard it is to open the packaging and sort the various wrappers into garbage and recycling piles and then walk them all the way to the appropriate bins, if you can find your special garbage-going sneakers.  LOL

Maybe SunnyBee needs to view some You Tube videos on the proper way to open said candy wrappers ?  Make sure you dispose of the "evidence" deep down in the trash bin too...  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

It says she "worked with buyer".  Doesn't the selling agent get all the cash?  The buyer probably just engaged Janelle to see what she was really like.

Worked with, and buyer’s agent could be two different things, I suppose. Typically the agents would split the commission.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:46 PM, deirdra said:

It says she "worked with buyer".  Doesn't the selling agent get all the cash?  The buyer probably just engaged Janelle to see what she was really like.

The Buyers agent can get paid too, depending on agreement. Sometimes, they split fees. Not familiar with the laws in NV though. 

10 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Oh goodness, looks like the curse of Sobyn Robyn has spread... the Abreva budget needs to be increased

image.png.902fe480abbf6572d3d85fbd9ec25c01.png

So Kootie has spread his cold sore queen Robyn's affliction all around?  What a generous guy.

Sorry, Janelle.  You stick up for that guy at every turn, and this is what you get?  Sucky.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So Kootie has spread his cold sore queen Robyn's affliction all around?  What a generous guy.

Sorry, Janelle.  You stick up for that guy at every turn, and this is what you get?  Sucky.

You say sucky,  I say just desserts.  Chalk it up as another benefit of polygamy.  It makes each of them better.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, lma said:

I don’t even understand why she would publish this photo. It’s pretty awful.

I know, lots of people get cold sores, I get it, but my thing was that Sobyn Robyn seemed always was sporting a geiser on her lip and now Janelle has them - courtesy of cold sore cody.... and yes, she looks like shit in the photo, so not sure why you would post online, let alone leave the house.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

What the what? That entire post is gibberish. I guess she is saying that every little event in her life upsets her "progress" and she just needs to let it go. I really think Janelle would be happiest sitting on the couch every day, not doing anything and not acknowledging anything happening around her. 

Damn she really lives in her head.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

What the what? That entire post is gibberish. I guess she is saying that every little event in her life upsets her "progress" and she just needs to let it go. I really think Janelle would be happiest sitting on the couch every day, not doing anything and not acknowledging anything happening around her. 

Damn she really lives in her head.

I thought she was referring to Kody uprooting everybody and moving them to Arizona, but that was awhile back, so I don't know.....

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I thought she was referring to Kody uprooting everybody and moving them to Arizona, but that was awhile back, so I don't know.....

I think this is just Janelle dutifully staying within the program timeline.  It's confusing enough for us, I can just imagine what it must be like for them, trying to be relevant about events that happened 6 months to a year ago.

I dread the day Janelle enters the "change of life" phase and we are subjected to her philosophical meanderings about night sweats and hot flashes, as well as her recommended diet and exercise programs to make it through the day.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Yeah, I knew she was talking about their latest move, but it was the rest of the post that was weird. It's like she just.can.not function while life is happening around her. I wonder if she was this way before the show.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

The move to Flagstaff was ~6 mos ago, and then Maddy & co moved to NC, so it fits with what she mentioned among the gibberish.  In the last episode she mentioned that they moved every year for the first 20 yrs of her hardship/marriage.  The constant disruptions impede Janelle's progress, and have been for most of her marriage.  I think Kody likes it like that.  None of his wives ever feel settled and their time is so full of planning, packing & unpacking that there is never time to talk about their marriage or their meaning of life.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.1117a591e333e82672fe001d6b21316a.png

Hindsight is 80/20 right? Kind of like the switch off nights Cody and I have, every 4th night, which also happens to be when I contracted my latest cold sore. I have come to the personal realization these last six months that I have contracted about 3 other ailments including to but not limited to a UTI. I try to hold on to my wellness goals, because life is coming at you faster than an elk in heat. Sometimes it’s driving to a fast food place, or your grandchild got a pompom stuck up his nose, sometimes you go through these seasons at work ( not that I know anything about working the past 11 years ) or maybe you are called on to perform another  BJ on your hubby on top of your normally already packed schedule of complaining.

I think in the past I just accepted the interruption of the kids stealing my chocolate stash as the new norm, I tried to be patient and doing my best to maintain my own hidden glory hole.  Now that I am glad I am no longer a free babysitting service, I see the wisdom in freeing up time to just be me, my normal, overeating self who hates hats and pretty much everything else life has to offer.

Maybe the best post of the year satirizing the original drivel.  BTW Janelle its "you're" or "you are", not "your" - and sentences need a subject, verb, and noun...  GED much ?  

Edited by Arthur Jury
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.1117a591e333e82672fe001d6b21316a.png

Hindsight is 80/20 right? Kind of like the switch off nights Cody and I have, every 4th night, which also happens to be when I contracted my latest cold sore. I have come to the personal realization these last six months that I have contracted about 3 other ailments including to but not limited to a UTI. I try to hold on to my wellness goals, because life is coming at you faster than an elk in heat. Sometimes it’s driving to a fast food place, or your grandchild got a pompom stuck up his nose, sometimes you go through these seasons at work ( not that I know anything about working the past 11 years ) or maybe you are called on to perform another  BJ on your hubby on top of your normally already packed schedule of complaining.

I think in the past I just accepted the interruption of the kids stealing my chocolate stash as the new norm, I tried to be patient and doing my best to maintain my own hidden glory hole.  Now that I am glad I am no longer a free babysitting service, I see the wisdom in freeing up time to just be me, my normal, overeating self who hates hats and pretty much everything else life has to offer.

@Mahamid Frauded Me, you have outdone yourself.  Priceless LOL!

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Yeah, I knew she was talking about their latest move, but it was the rest of the post that was weird. It's like she just.can.not function while life is happening around her. I wonder if she was this way before the show.

My guess is that she has always been this way, except now she's got to justify it to her "followers," since she's a health coach and all.  

She's actually an enabler to those people who are truly looking to her for guidance and instead get rambling missives on how it's too much work to decorate a Christmas tree and how life events such as standing upright are enough to allow yourself to slip back into sloth mode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F65AD1C2-CC13-4149-A3B2-AEBE4E44079B.jpeg

7735FBE3-87D3-4F81-928A-08FCBB2FCF86.jpeg

Huh?  Her entire life is a "disruption", full of excuses as to why her train has derailed from the wellness tracks. Shitfuckballs Janelle, construct new tracks or something because you're a disgrace of a "health coach". No one wants to hear your excuses, they want to learn from your success you idiot. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Ok, any guesses as to when Janelle is going to complain about the recent record snowfall versus striving to find a way to enjoy it (and get some exercise)? Let's see, struggling to get motivated, looking for the yoga mat, can't quite bring herself out of this disruption of snow. 

Try shoveling. It's a great workout. 

• Love 4