Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

When I thought about it after I posted, I realized they would be for crafts.  The muffin pans with small objects is great for little ones to learn dexterity and hand to eye co-ordination, but it must be assumed that everything goes into a child's mouth, so at least make the small objects edible for a child.

Like Cheerios or Froot Loops.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Those are craft pompoms.

I was going to say, what the heck are those things, and then I thought could that be a craft item? But then I remembered Janelle is not crafty. So what in the world is she doing with them?

Another thing I thought it might be is cat toys, I had a cat that used to love pom pom balls, but I sure as hell picked them all up before a small child came to my house! I definitely realized it was going directly into their mouth. 

Janelle is so weird. Grandparents in my family have always had toys around for the grandkids. Not tons of stuff taking up your whole living room, but a few things. That was half the fun...it was a toy that was different from what you played with at home.

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 10

As a grandma, I had tons of nice toys for when the grands visited.  As for my own children, those were the olden days and there were toys but none of them would pass muster today.   My oldest never put things like that in his mouth. He put other things, not soft fuzzy things.   He would have been safe.  Second one, not so much.  Maybe Axel doesn't put things like that in his mouth and they know it?  Or being the Browns they are an accident waiting to happen

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Or being the Browns they are an accident waiting to happen

Well, clearly they have no notion of how to manage the health and well being of the kids.  Think back to poor Truely as she went into kidney failure and it took one of her sisters to raise the alarm with clueless Christine that there was an issue.  And then Kootie couldn't be bothered to go to the hospital with her and Meri couldn't have cared less.

I've helped fish all kinds of crap out of every orifice of toddlers and a sodden pom pom can quickly block an airway.  AND be hard to remove.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

As a grandma, I had tons of nice toys for when the grands visited.  As for my own children, those were the olden days and there were toys but none of them would pass muster today.   My oldest never put things like that in his mouth. He put other things, not soft fuzzy things.   He would have been safe.  Second one, not so much.  Maybe Axel doesn't put things like that in his mouth and they know it?  Or being the Browns they are an accident waiting to happen

Back when I was a wee one and the first grandchild, my grandparents didn't have much in the way of toys for kids, which was apparently fine with me because I would take all the pots and pans out of the cabinet and rattle them around, or take the canned goods and stack them up like blocks. I've always been able to keep myself busy and entertained with whatever was at my disposal!

Agree that those little pom poms seem too small for Axel, I would be worried to take my eyes off him.

• Love 6

So Miss I cant wrap a f*cking present even after watching you tube videos, can't make creamed corn can centerpieces for a wedding has some random pom poms hanging around ? Is Strive a daycare service ? I see that Maddie and Grizzly Adams Jr moved to FLG as well is that correct ?   How many of you think Janelle will just pick up that muffin tin and put it away without washing it ?  ME ! 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I thought Maddie and Grizz were heading to North Carolina?  I did find it really odd that Maddie would move that far away from Gramma Janelle and her germy pom poms, though.

Right, I mean she is the 1st married 1st grandchild giver birther almost in a tub Brown spawn, I am surprised she is moving away. I really do think she is like Marsha Brady and Mariah is her Jan

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Was it Aspyn who saved Truly from kidney failure death?   Weren't the wives away somewhere on a bonding retreat, leaving Kody in charge for the first time?  It took lots of nagging by the teens and finally Truly going limp for Christine to recognize she was very sick.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Was it Aspyn who saved Truly from kidney failure death?   Weren't the wives away somewhere on a bonding retreat, leaving Kody in charge for the first time?  It took lots of nagging by the teens and finally Truly going limp for Christine to recognize she was very sick.

This is how I recall that day, the wives met up with Kendra in San Francisco on the ill-fated Commitment dress shopping excursion.  Truely had been ill before they left and Christine had taken her to the doctor, who diagnosed the 'flu. 

Aspyn became alarmed when Truely was becoming weaker and more listless and informed Kody, who was showboating for the cameras, grilling/charring steaks on the patio.

Kody came into the house, took a quick look at Truely, told Aspyn to give her some LIV water, then turned and went back to the bbq.  The wives returned from dress shopping, then left again to select flowers for the ceremony.  It wasn't until after the flower shopping that the realization hit them that Truely was in a near coma state and she was taken to the hospital and put on dialysis for kidney failure.

I may have the time frame of the doctor diagnosis of flu mixed up, but that's basically the way things went down that day.

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This is how I recall that day, the wives met up with Kendra in San Francisco on the ill-fated Commitment dress shopping excursion.  Truely had been ill before they left and Christine had taken her to the doctor, who diagnosed the 'flu. 

Aspyn became alarmed when Truely was becoming weaker and more listless and informed Kody, who was showboating for the cameras, grilling/charring steaks on the patio.

Kody came into the house, took a quick look at Truely, told Aspyn to give her some LIV water, then turned and went back to the bbq.  The wives returned from dress shopping, then left again to select flowers for the ceremony.  It wasn't until after the flower shopping that the realization hit them that Truely was in a near coma state and she was taken to the hospital and put on dialysis for kidney failure.

I may have the time frame of the doctor diagnosis of flu mixed up, but that's basically the way things went down that day.

For some reason I thought Kody was out on a date with Robyn when Truly got really sick.     He had shaved and was looking all "Spiffy" for her!

image.thumb.png.2308865f5c5079459844c1d73a6e33ee.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

They all should have worn Robyn's dress and mixed it up with different colors, fabrics, details. Sounds boring maybe but holy crap look at what they came up with on their own: The Brides of Billy Goat Acres.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, suomi said:

They all should have worn Robyn's dress and mixed it up with different colors, fabrics, details. Sounds boring maybe but holy crap look at what they came up with on their own: The Brides of Billy Goat Acres.

But wasn't this a last minute thing after their "designer" couldn't deliver the dresses? Or did she do all of those hideous creations?  I forget.

• Love 5

Meri actually picked out that 3 sizes too small dress from a local shop.  No one had the balls to tell her how awful she looked (just like now, with her tight LLR rags!)

Robyn's dress from the student designer didn't work, so she had her matronly funeral dress in her closet.

Janelle and Christine actually wore what the designer "created."

Yep, horrific is how they appeared.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.9673101624002201e0e513f6916eb5de.png

Ah yes the dresses.... all horrific, except for Robins...its matronly but not ill fitting 

Man there is a whole lotta wrong in that pic.  I think the sales person really didn't like Meri because I have no other explanation for allowing her to buy that dress.  A real girls girl would have told her no sweetie, let's find something that flatters you for this momentous occasion.  Robyn is a youngish woman here rocking really old lady hair that no older woman I know would sport.  Dare I say it that in my humble opinion Eyeore looked the best.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Man there is a whole lotta wrong in that pic.  I think the sales person really didn't like Meri because I have no other explanation for allowing her to buy that dress.  A real girls girl would have told her no sweetie, let's find something that flatters you for this momentous occasion.  Robyn is a youngish woman here rocking really old lady hair that no older woman I know would sport.  Dare I say it that in my humble opinion Eyeore looked the best.

I hadn't remembered until I saw the photos that they all wore their hair up that day. Oh man, too bad Kody wasn't rockin' the man bun back then! Bummer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.9673101624002201e0e513f6916eb5de.png

Ah yes the dresses.... all horrific, except for Robins...its matronly but not ill fitting 

Good Lord Meri. Even worse than I remembered!

Meri cannot do her hair, her make up, or dress herself. She is so hopeless...and people buy clothing from this woman.

For pete's sake, Christine looks like she was transported there from another time period, and yet she still looks borderline sane because she's standing by Meri!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Agree...and Solomon holding that shovel is cracking me up!

LOL, the shovel, that didn't stand out to me before. Now that I see it this looks like a burial. Robyn is sobbin' and Meri looks like she's ready to cry; Christine and Kody look somber; Eeyore's mind is elsewhere. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

"I didn't want to embrace it because it was too trendy" - seriously?  She picks every single bizarre thing she sees on the internet to try but this is too trendy?

That's Janelle for ya, she marches to her own drum.

Next thing we know, she'll "discover" the benefits of apple cider vinegar and announce that there may be something to it after all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

"I didn't want to embrace it because it was too trendy" - seriously?  She picks every single bizarre thing she sees on the internet to try but this is too trendy?

Which shows what an idiot she is. Hot lemon water has been around for a LONG time, as she admitted. How is that "trendy"? Trends appear and then disappear, they don't stick around. 

It's a different thing every 3-4 days and nothing ever works for her long-term. Just, no more words to describe this. Who actually pays this idiot for her advice? 

• Love 11
On 2/9/2019 at 12:33 PM, TurtlePower said:

Which shows what an idiot she is. Hot lemon water has been around for a LONG time, as she admitted. How is that "trendy"? Trends appear and then disappear, they don't stick around. 

It's a different thing every 3-4 days and nothing ever works for her long-term. Just, no more words to describe this. Who actually pays this idiot for her advice? 

Yep, just another "trend" checked off the list. Maybe she'll trot out wheat germ next, that was the big thing back in what, the early 80s? Oh wait, everyone's gluten-free now, sorry wheat germ!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I look forward to the future where Janelle discovers that a super genius and easy way to incorporate more veggies into your diet is to go to the grocery story produce section and load up on broccoli, cucumbers, green beans, cabbage, spinach, kale, cauliflower, peppers, etc.  Then you go home, prepare and eat them!!! Some are good raw or steamed. You don't have to hide from them.   It's super easy and so tastie!

Here's something about the coconut milk.  IT might be healthy, but, I'd also consider the calories and fat content. 

https://www.nutritionix.com/i/usda/coconut-milk-1-can/598dc2aba70cbaf46b54080d

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

What's so hysterical about this thread is reading a Janelle post, followed by one of our posts translated into Janelle-speak, followed by another inane Janelle post.  It's like she's trolling us and having a laugh at her own expense, but of course that's not the case.  Her pantry, fridge and freezer must literally be crammed full of random expired crap that she tried for three days, decided that she was still hungry and tired, and subsequently abandoned.  I feel bad that Savannah must have to dig through jars of molasses, ghee, bags of spinach and three-pound containers of nutmeg just to find a granola bar to snack on.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Another fad for her fellow Strifers?  Does she spend all day looking for the newest craze instead of exercising, which might actually help her with weight management?  

Of course she does.  It's easier than shoveling snow (which I've done a lot of lately.)  

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Another fad for her fellow Strifers?  Does she spend all day looking for the newest craze instead of exercising, which might actually help her with weight management?  

Of course she does.  It's easier than shoveling snow (which I've done a lot of lately.)  

She looked ginormous in Aspyn's wedding pics.

• Love 6
On 2/2/2019 at 11:48 AM, ginger90 said:

DB70A40E-AFDE-4C08-A5DE-A396B6ADC01A.jpeg

One of those pics is the view from my office.  Please stay away from us Janelle. Also,  I am not in the best shape myself and a heart condition is keeping me from being able to exercise but even I can walk around Centennial Park and the touristy area of downtown just fine. All that walking is nothing to brag about. 

• Love 7
On 2/10/2019 at 1:31 PM, deirdra said:

How much coconut milk did she consume with her 2 cups of spinach?  Half a can?  It may be coming out the other end soon.  Spinach salad is even easier to make.

Plus it is high calorie (at least the canned stuff is) so she probably just made herself a 500 calorie bowl of soup!

Jenelle just needs to do what works and stop eating so much.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mscav said:

One of those pics is the view from my office.  Please stay away from us Janelle. Also,  I am not in the best shape myself and a heart condition is keeping me from being able to exercise but even I can walk around Centennial Park and the touristy area of downtown just fine. All that walking is nothing to brag about. 

I've seen people older and larger than Janelle that can walk 8 miles every day.  You have to do it with a purpose in mind if you are going to be walking for exercise.  You should be walking at such a brisk pace that you can't carry on a conversation.  

• Love 2

One of the things I dislike the most about her posts (and to be fair, thousands of idiots do this all over the internet) is when she describes a food product and implies that because it has some of x,y, or z vitamin or mineral that it has the ability to cure/treat certain diseases.   Just because something has a bit of zinc or vitamin c does not mean it will help prevent cancer or alzheimers. 

The phrase "making a mountain out of a molehill" comes to mind.  

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

DA979874-DC10-4DE3-BFE3-6D1C789CE472.jpeg

What does she mean by the vegetables being interesting?  Is it the oil dressing?  Cream sauce?  The veggies look really good, but, they appear to be in some kind of heavy coating.  Often that is high in fat and/or calories, even sugar, and it defeats the purpose of trying to have a healthful dish.  I think that roasted veggies with an ultra small drizzle of olive oil or fresh lemon is just awesome. I guess that's not sexy enough for Strive.   Maybe, I'm just lucky.  I've loved veggies and fruits since I was a little kid. No one had to encourage me to eat them.  Just LOVED them.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9

REF the morning smoothie that she describes above.  The nutrition guide says those Hemp seeds are 170 calories per serving, so, even if she only put half a serving in her smoothie that's an extra 85 calories.  You can eat a delicious egg for that and get your protein.  IDK.   I guess she's totally against calorie counting.  But, if you are hoping for weight loss and keep consuming thousands of calories per day, it's not realistic. She really does need to take some nutrition classes, do a lot more reading and get more critical about what is really helpful for health and weight loss. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

REF the morning smoothie that she describes above.  The nutrition guide says those Hemp seeds are 170 calories per serving, so, even if she only put half a serving in her smoothie that's an extra 85 calories.  You can eat a delicious egg for that and get your protein.  IDK.   I guess she's totally against calorie counting.  But, if you are hoping for weight loss and keep consuming thousands of calories per day, it's not realistic. She really does need to take some nutrition classes, do a lot more reading and get more critical about what is really helpful for health and weight loss. 

"Janelle was certified as a Health Coach through the Institue for Integrative Nutrition"  November 2017.

Reminds me of the Dick Tracey Detective badges you could send away for, as advertised in the old comic books.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
Just now, Sandy W said:

"Janelle was certified as a Health Coach through the Institue for Integrative Nutrition"  November 2017.

Reminds me of the Dick Tracey Detective badges you could send away for, as advertised in the old comic books.

OMG....where do I sign up for that? lol  The name of it sort of reflects itself in her philosophy.  On the surface it looks amusing, but, if you really examine it.....it's not all that, imo.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

At least those were free. I bet that quack course cost her a bundle.

• Love 3