Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

She needs to shred her one-day, online training health coach certificate.  Her posts are pathetic.  The way she words things make me think of a sloth trying to fight its way out of a bathtub full of molasses.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 18
On 1/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, laurakaye said:

"So I've been living in Flagstaff for 5 minutes and I just realized that it snows here.  Like kind of a lot.  Like so much that my sister-wife Christine sometimes spends the entire day outside with her snowblower trying to destroy that quarter-inch of devil's dandruff!  And lately, I have been noticing that when I get up from the couch to pour myself a cup of butter, nutmeg and molasses coffee, I actually sliiiiiide off the couch, somewhat like a slug.  It's like my knees no longer work!  But then, I purchased the most expensive Happy Light offered on Amazon!  And let me tell you, it's a rock star!  I sit in front of it for two minutes every morning and I feel like I could run a marathon!  I don't, of course, because I still can't find my running shoes.  But if I could find them?  I would outrun Meri trying to catch a bus to Parowan!  With this light, I am only partially sleepy throughout the day and in the morning it only takes Savannah three tries to wake me up to drive her to school instead of the usual eleven.  So while I was initially reluctant because nothing ever seems to work for me, this light is a winner when I remember to plug it in and turn it on!"

I would read what you write all day long. 

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

She needs to shred her one-day, online training health coach certificate.  Her posts are pathetic.  The way she words things make me think of a sloth trying to fight his way out of a bathtub full of molasses.

The.Most.Perfect.Description.EVER.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She needs to shred her one-day, online training health coach certificate.  Her posts are pathetic.  The way she words things make me think of a sloth trying to fight its way out of a bathtub full of molasses.

She really is a sad sack. Doesn't matter where she is--she could be in an all-inclusive resort in the caribbean and she'd find some "struggle" to whine about: "Here I am in Jamaica. Not sure about you guys, but I find it to be a real struggle to get out of bed, trying to fight through the inertia to make it to the beach for snorkeling. Maybe by the end of the vacation I'll be getting out of bed at a fuller capacity."

I throw my hands up as to how this woman has any business at all, unless they're all fellow sloths looking for some validation. 

Edited by TurtlePower
autocorrect had to be corrected
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

She really is a sad sack. Doesn't matter where she is--she could be in an all-inclusive resort in the caribbean and she'd find some "struggle" to whine about: "Here I am in Jamaica. Not sure about you guys, but I find it to be a real struggle to get out of bed, trying to fight through the inertia to make it to the beach for snorkeling. Maybe by the end of the vacation I'll be getting out of bed at a fuller capacity."

I throw my hands up as to how this woman has any business at all, unless they're all fellow sloths looking for some validation. 

Aha - I didn't think of that (the bolded part)!  That makes a lot of sense.

And as for the resort - remember that while in Hawaii, she walked around in long-sleeved shirts and long pants and stayed behind to cook or something while the rest of the family went to the beach?  I remember that well, because she looked so sweaty and uncomfortable.  So yes...Hawaii was probably too hot and sunny and there might've been too many trees or something.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And as for the resort - remember that while in Hawaii, she walked around in long-sleeved shirts and long pants and stayed behind to cook or something while the rest of the family went to the beach?  I remember that well, because she looked so sweaty and uncomfortable.  So yes...Hawaii was probably too hot and sunny and there might've been too many trees or something.

She may have been sweaty and uncomfortable in Hawaii for 2 reasons...

1.  Logan had let her know that he was going to partake of the pork at the luau, contrary to Kody's newly acquired dietary restrictions

2. She had reluctantly agreed to participate with Meri in the eyebrow hi-jinks and she instinctively knew that King Kody would not be amused 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

hehe, Mr. Xword did 9 months army service in Hawaii and hated it, not for the trees, but he said Hawaii was full of rude people, stinky flowers, and noisy birds!  I've never been there, but he now has 2 siblings living there, so I'm going to talk him into taking me one of these days...

Back to topic, I too remember Janelle looking sweaty in that apron she wore (before her famous Strive apron!) and her filthy bare feet, ugh!  Do showers take too much of her nonexistent energy, I suppose?  And who goes there and doesn't go to the beach??  That is lazy and crazy.

• Love 8

This woman is depressing with a capital D. Her posts are pretty much the opposite of the description of Strive - providing support, "cheer leading" (yes that was really in the description) for clients.

That isn't what she's doing, she's just complaining! Who would pay to listen to her complain about how hard it is to get off her ample behind?

Complaining, and a new fad every other day. Then back to complaining, with no explanation of why the latest fad didn't work. $200 bucks for a light and after a day or two, another post of why she can't get off her duff. I'd love to see a picture of all the crap she wasted money on to cure her lazy sloth attitude, or the "Nutritional rock star!" items that are eaten once and then sit in the back of the pantry.

I love the "Struggle with Janelle" name! That should be the title of this "business" and the description should say something like "How to lose tons of money buying the latest stupid fad, and still not get anywhere. Daily demotivation provided by TV star Janelle Brown. Learn how to fill your home with stupid shit you'll use twice, then never again."

• Love 14
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mr. Xword did 9 months army service in Hawaii and hated it, not for the trees, but he said Hawaii was full of rude people, stinky flowers, and noisy birds!

Holy cow, a man after my own heart.  Everybody describes Hawai'i as paradise and I think it's a frigging nightmare.  And palm trees give me the creeps.  I've been forced to go there 5 times for whale research projects and dreaded every single one.

4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. "I don't have to get out and exercise, after all my coach has SUCH a hard time that it must be OK to sit home and eat bonbons.  After all, the chocolate ones just rock my world so I'll sit under my sun lamp and scarf them down. I'm sure that the sugar rush will help with my inertia.  I will regroup tomorrow and see if I am more motivated or just need another box of bonbons in a different flavor - maybe chai or nutmeg or quinoa or cinnamon or ghee.  Let me go check my overflowing pantry".

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I've been forced to go there 5 times for whale research projects and dreaded every single one.

You are officially the most interesting person in my world. Fascinating!!!! That is so cool.

I'd like to go to Hawaii before I decide it's no fun. I'm a beach person, I think I'd love it. But I can see how it would not be for everyone. My brother went there with the Nat'l Guard and came back with the best pineapple I've ever tasted in my life.

I think he'd join you & Mr. Xword though...he doesn't like heat. He didn't say it outright but I didn't get the feeling he was itching to go back.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I think he'd join you & Mr. Xword though...he doesn't like heat. He didn't say it outright but I didn't get the feeling he was itching to go back.

And unfortunately when the humpbacks are there it's the big tourist season.  Traffic is unbearable and we need to rent a house big enough for the research group of up to 20.  It's a nightmare except when we are out on the water with the whales.  Now that's bliss. 

Our principle investigator does one trip a year to Alaska so I have switched and I adore it.  We wear winter clothes in July and live on a boat instead of on land.  Cool, quiet and nothing but nature.  Quite the juxtaposition from "paradise".

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

"From fashion aspirations to LLR abominations" 

Good one.  We have some imaginative posters - I'm sure we'll come up with a winner!

• Love 9
19 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I figured out the name for our next Janelle thread -- Janelle Brown: The Struggle is Real

That's good, but I would add--Janelle Brown, The Struggle is Real, but Weak; that's because she doesn't seem to complete what she starts.  I missed most of the last seasons so I was interested when I saw the commercial for the upcoming one.  It made me realize I really don't like any of the 4 "wives" or Kody.   I wanted to slap Janelle for saying he was taking her away from HER grandchild, not their grandchild.  She seemed to be talking directly to him, so it would be their grandchild.  I would understand her saying "my grandchild" when talking to another wive despite their claim that the all the children consider all the sister wives as their mothers( which they don't).

I don't remember children sticking hands under the bathroom door, but my cats have always stuck paws under and some of them were talented at door opening. 

I laugh every time I hear Kody remark about leadership;  all of them just seem to bumble around.  I think I dislike them all.

• Love 5

I definitely dislike all five too. When the show started I had sympathy for Meri, Janelle and Christine but that's been long gone. Meri her antics, stuff she's said and stunts she's pulled her treatment of her sister-wives and bringing in Robyn and the catfish. Janelle who married her former sister-in-law's husband and becoming a sisterwife to her. Yeah, there's a great idea. Who would have thought it was a bad idea? She doesn't do anything. Everything is hard and difficult for her, life is difficult and hard for her. Her Strive and Real Estate. I still can't believe she didn't understand why her daughter was upset that she wanted to go fishing on the morning of her wedding. Why was Logan doing so much? Christine the one who claimed she wanted the family and yet was perfectly happy as long as she was third wife. She picked her spot out because she assumed she'd be the last wife and couldn't understand why Meri and Janelle were unhappy when Kody was courting her and married her. She refuses to work. She supposedly is the one who takes care of the kids but then why was Logan doing so much? Why did he have to get up and make his siblings breakfast every morning before school? Why wasn't she doing that. If she's such a great mom then how come Aspen was doing most of the work? Her rose color glasses for polygamy I really don't understand. Her mother left it when she was 5 and very outspoken at how bad it was. Her claims that her grandfather was killed by non-polygamist when no he was killed by polygamists. I never had any sympathy for Kody or Robyn.

• Love 13
On 1/8/2019 at 11:44 AM, ginger90 said:

F377C73A-B1F8-47FD-ABE8-E1F78BC927B9.jpeg

These folks make me sick with all their "busy-ness".  Busy doing what?  I have a friend who works a midnight shift, yet volunteers at her kids' school during her days. She makes dinner every night and her house is impeccably clean. I honestly don't know how she does it, but the Browns just sicken me. They're just plain lazy. The whole lot of em. They want something for nothing, and have shown no work ethic. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I definitely dislike all five too. When the show started I had sympathy for Meri, Janelle and Christine but that's been long gone. Meri her antics, stuff she's said and stunts she's pulled her treatment of her sister-wives and bringing in Robyn and the catfish. Janelle who married her former sister-in-law's husband and becoming a sisterwife to her. Yeah, there's a great idea. Who would have thought it was a bad idea? She doesn't do anything. Everything is hard and difficult for her, life is difficult and hard for her. Her Strive and Real Estate. I still can't believe she didn't understand why her daughter was upset that she wanted to go fishing on the morning of her wedding. Why was Logan doing so much? Christine the one who claimed she wanted the family and yet was perfectly happy as long as she was third wife. She picked her spot out because she assumed she'd be the last wife and couldn't understand why Meri and Janelle were unhappy when Kody was courting her and married her. She refuses to work. She supposedly is the one who takes care of the kids but then why was Logan doing so much? Why did he have to get up and make his siblings breakfast every morning before school? Why wasn't she doing that. If she's such a great mom then how come Aspen was doing most of the work? Her rose color glasses for polygamy I really don't understand. Her mother left it when she was 5 and very outspoken at how bad it was. Her claims that her grandfather was killed by non-polygamist when no he was killed by polygamists. I never had any sympathy for Kody or Robyn.

Robyn was a hot emotional mess when she first joined the family, but I think she has grown up. Christine's glasses may be rose-tinted, but Robyn's were nearly opaque when she was in the first blush of love with Kody. Those glasses have been taken off, I think, and Robyn seems to be the most supportive of the kids and the most socially aware and progressive. Plus, she takes no crap from Kody. 

I've always liked Christine's bubbly personality, and now that she has started taking care of herself and her relationship with Kody is good, she seems to be the happiest wife by far. I also think it's nice that she and Robyn have become real friends and help and support each other.

Meri and Janelle, oy. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm pretty sure Janelle is the only one who ever had any job approximating a career.  Christine is the only " original" wife who never worked outside the home. Christine was "feeding" the kids. That's what they were selling.

• Love 4

It was my impression that Janelle did contribute in the past financially to a large degree.  It's too bad that after they moved to Vegas, I got to see so much more of her and it showed a side that I don't care for.  Not horrible, but, enough to really annoy me at times.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t see the new episode. In the episode thread it was mentioned that Janelle spoke about Strive. What did she have to say about it?

She said she had to ask the fambly for Strive starting funds a third time before getting it after being turned down twice since they didn't have the money right now and someone's schooling had to be paid for (I think) another time, and her business plan made no sense.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

didn’t see the new episode. In the episode thread it was mentioned that Janelle spoke about Strive. What did she have to say about it?

What is Strive?  I missed the newest episode as I forgot to record it.  I was out watching the moon so I missed it when it aired. 

On 1/20/2019 at 10:22 AM, andromeda331 said:

Janelle who married her former sister-in-law's husband and becoming a sisterwife to her.

And the icing on that cake is that Janelle married Kody on Meri's birthday, unless I am not remembering that correctly. I'm pretty sure that was the case though. If so, every year Kody has to decide, do I celebrate my wedding anniversary with Janelle, or do I celebrate Meri's birthday with her? (Unless he's too busy looking in the mirror and preening himself, forgetting about both of them entirely, which is very possible!)

If that was a passive aggressive move on Janelle's part, it probably failed miserably. Every year Kody probably just tries to quiet whichever one squawks the loudest, and we all know Meri can out-squawk anyone.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Twopper said:

What is Strive?  I missed the newest episode as I forgot to record it.  I was out watching the moon so I missed it when it aired. 

I mean no disrespect, Twopper, but watching the latest episode won't result in a greater understanding of Strive. Nor will reading Janelle's blog, theoretically about Strive. No one knows what Strive is -- including Janelle.

• Love 18
On 12/31/2018 at 7:00 AM, laurakaye said:

No way did Janelle decorate that tree.  If I recall, she posted something about starting it, followed by meditating on what it means to be a tree or the meaning of life or something, then she went into another room to stare at a wall and she concluded by saying that the tree might just have to go unfinished because reasons.

Either her kids did it for her or Meri did it.  Oh, wait - LOLOLOL.  Must've been her kids.

I had to come back and look at this tree again bdcause it looked very much like the one the cat fisher posted in “ his” book .  

I guess to show how close they were. Hers was blue  and rust ,  Janelle’s is teal and rust poinsettias and burlap, maybe Meri did  help her. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

I believe Meri and Dayton share birthdays.

THAT must be where I went off track, thanks! I knew there was something where two things were on the same date, but I mixed up what they were.

I bet Meri doesn't like having to share HER birthday. She seems infantile enough to me to be that way about it!

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2014 at 11:31 AM, Chris Knight said:

I like Jannelle the best. And while I really want to think of her as being smart, the fact that she hangs around with these lazy grifters, prevents me from admiring her. I look at Kody and think, man, Jannelle, you could have done sooooo much better !

Kristine is my favorite as she almost always has a good attitude and when she has an issue with someone she goes to them and talks to them about it.  Janelle is a close 2nd though.  She almost always has good attitude but I do wish she could be more open when something is bothering her.  I like Robin a lot too.  I think that she is very caring and sweet with her sister wives.  Meri I struggle with. Her constant unhappiness is hard to swallow as is her denial of her own responsibility in things that have happened do her. I find her to be quite selfish too. I just have a hard time relating to her.

• Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

It was my impression that Janelle did contribute in the past financially to a large degree.  It's too bad that after they moved to Vegas, I got to see so much more of her and it showed a side that I don't care for.  Not horrible, but, enough to really annoy me at times.  

She did contribute more financially when they lived in Utah. Cody worked then, Jenelle worked for a school I think but got fired when they found out she was in a plural marriage.  Meri worked for a store of some kind. It was a small Mom and Pop type store. Kristine was the stay at home mom. She cared for all the children when everyone was at work. 

Janelle isn't even phoning it in anymore.  "Food.  Sometimes it upsets your tummy.  What are your experiences?  That'll be $35, make your check out to Strive With Janelle."

Next, it'll be "Air.  We have to breathe it.  What are your experiences with air?"

• Love 24
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I just have to include two of the comments, and Janelle’s responses.

7126788B-08E8-42B1-9958-7DD89446B52B.jpeg

ACBD2725-FB4C-4A14-8CBC-88DB89BCBAFA.jpeg

213E3E06-E9B9-4B83-ABBF-BAE54339F147.jpeg

A reminder:

4D8684E8-8B93-47C6-9DC8-CD1634F517B4.jpeg

Wow, some "health coach". Someone asks what tips she might have for picky eaters and instead of asking the person what they DO like, she responds with "Wow that's tough" and made it about HER. Way to go. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 12