Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

yep... i made it all up in my twisted head... 

You are creative and then some.  BTW, I love your avatar.  I've yet to watch that show, but if it's as phony-baloney as Sister Wives, I think I'll pass.  It's bad enough I still watch Kootie and the Gang...

• Love 5

No Strife with Janelle posts today? C'mon Janelle, we need to know what the latest nutritional rock star is! I might go to the grocery store tomorrow, how am I supposed to know which cockamamie thing to buy if you won't tell me?

Can I just choose anything from the "Stupid" aisle?

• Love 10

While that sounds like a rockstar solution, I would wait for the next eye opening post because that’s what Eeyore would do.    Sounds like a whole lotta work to go down the entire stupid aisle and no one has time or energy for that. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

No Strife with Janelle posts today? C'mon Janelle, we need to know what the latest nutritional rock star is! I might go to the grocery store tomorrow, how am I supposed to know which cockamamie thing to buy if you won't tell me?

Just a suggestion, but I prefer the sucker aisle.  That's where the really good, overpriced trendy stuff is.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I think she is just overwhelmed with her latest discovery, she must be verklempt over it... wait for it...wait for it...

image.png.690fcbf58d201bdd3e8a912b83e6fff3.png

• Love 12

I went to the damn grocery store, and I looked all over the Stupid aisle, the Sucker aisle, and the Over-priced Trendy Butt Ugly aisle.

But all I came home with was regular old food, because Janelle did not tell me which rock star item to buy. THANKS A LOT JANELLE! 

Too bad I didn't see @Mahamid Frauded Me's post before I went, at least she's trying to help me. Dammit I could have had some diet water!

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I went to the damn grocery store, and I looked all over the Stupid aisle, the Sucker aisle, and the Over-priced Trendy Butt Ugly aisle.

But all I came home with was regular old food, because Janelle did not tell me which rock star item to buy. THANKS A LOT JANELLE! 

Too bad I didn't see @Mahamid Frauded Me's post before I went, at least she's trying to help me. Dammit I could have had some diet water!

It's ok - no biggie.  You bought ice, right?  Uh... RIGHT??  You DID buy ICE??   That's the latest biggest most awesomest thing right now!  Just ask Janelle! 

::::::crunchicecrunchcrunchcrackicecrunch::::::::   (Feels the belly fat just melting off)

• Love 6

Her most recent Facebook “Strive” post shares a link to TLC’s announcement of Maddie’s pregnancy. She’s “pretty dang excited. Being a grandma is the best.”

Strive!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5
On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎20 at 8:06 PM, Teafortwo said:

Strive not to be like Janelle

I love seeing this great - and free - advice at the top of the page whenever I click in. 

So sitting on the couch while your daughter gets pregnant is now "striving"?  And buying ice instead of making it yourself is surely something Janelle would do.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

35% DV Saturated Fat!  Oh well, it's also 31% DV Dietary Fiber, so it may all come out in the end. 

In more ways than one!  Sorry, couldn't resist.

WTF is she so "busy" with?  We know the current season was in the can months ago.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

In more ways than one!  Sorry, couldn't resist.

WTF is she so "busy" with?  We know the current season was in the can months ago.

Glad you caught my double entendre XWord.

Janelle is very busy pondering whether to make her ice cubes from Diet Water, distilled water or just haul herself over to the sink and use plain old tap water.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

WTF is she so "busy" with?

Exactly! The question we all struggle with. What in the holy hell does she have to do? Making these insipid posts is her only "job", and her children are not young kids who need to be diapered and dressed and fed in a high chair or anything. WTF is right! 

Why would Janelle EVER need to "pack a lunch"? We all know you never have to leave the house except maybe to drop the kids off at school and pick them back up again. You aren't doing SHIT over the lunch hour, you have NOTHING to do but make yourself a healthy lunch.

THIS week she's relying on this pre-made stuff because she's so busy. No Janelle, it's every week, all the time. You're always sooooo busy, life is just so hectic for you. 

Janelle used to work at an ACTUAL job, full-time, and have 6 kids in the house. How the hell does she feel so crazy busy now, when she actually does know what it's like to work 40 hrs a week and have 6 kids at home?

I think the truth is that Janelle is "busy" being morbidly depressed.

• Love 11
On 1/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, xwordfanatik said:

You are creative and then some.  BTW, I love your avatar.  I've yet to watch that show, but if it's as phony-baloney as Sister Wives, I think I'll pass.  It's bad enough I still watch Kootie and the Gang...

Someone please clue me in on Mahimid Frauded Me? 

Just now, SongbirdHollow said:

Someone please clue me in on Mahimid Frauded Me? 

Her avatar suggests the show 90 Day Fiancee (I think!)  I haven't watched, but I've read comments about it.  Another train wreck show courtesy of TLC.

Anyway, the poster MFM here, has posted things I find humorous, about the Brown Clowns.  We have a lot of wonderful posters here on the SW forum.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Exactly! The question we all struggle with. What in the holy hell does she have to do? Making these insipid posts is her only "job", and her children are not young kids who need to be diapered and dressed and fed in a high chair or anything. WTF is right! 

Why would Janelle EVER need to "pack a lunch"? We all know you never have to leave the house except maybe to drop the kids off at school and pick them back up again. You aren't doing SHIT over the lunch hour, you have NOTHING to do but make yourself a healthy lunch.

THIS week she's relying on this pre-made stuff because she's so busy. No Janelle, it's every week, all the time. You're always sooooo busy, life is just so hectic for you. 

Janelle used to work at an ACTUAL job, full-time, and have 6 kids in the house. How the hell does she feel so crazy busy now, when she actually does know what it's like to work 40 hrs a week and have 6 kids at home?

I think the truth is that Janelle is "busy" being morbidly depressed.

Precisely and it pisses me off. I know someone who works 10 hours a day at a stressful job, drives and hour to and from work (let's make that a 12 hour day), has 2 kids and somehow, she manages to eat healthy and fit in her workouts. 

Janelle and her stress and her "packed lunch" can just FUCK OFF.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Her avatar suggests the show 90 Day Fiancee (I think!)  I haven't watched, but I've read comments about it.  Another train wreck show courtesy of TLC.

Anyway, the poster MFM here, has posted things I find humorous, about the Brown Clowns.  We have a lot of wonderful posters here on the SW forum.

Thank you! A lot of people have commented on the username and I don’t watch 90DF. Google was no help. It was driving me crazy! 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Yes, my avatar is of that special snowflake known as Danielle. She fell in love with Mohamed from Tunisia. Her butchering of grammar gave me life and a reason to continue to watch the 90 day fiancé trainwreck.

Danielle, Paul and Nicole were natural, organic characters.  This past season brought the likes of Colt and Jonathon trying hard to capture the charisma and failing.  

Pedro's Kung Foo kick may have been staged, but I loved it and kept me coming back for more.

• Love 4

I don't know if Janelle has any special medical issues, but, if you are super busy and don't have time to prepare a healthy lunch, you can always have an apple, orange, small serving of almonds, etc. OR just skip lunch.  I'm a Type I diabetic and have discussed the issue of not eating during the day with my Endocrinologists (well renowned, too) and they say it's fine to go without eating all day.  It's really not going to hurt you unless you fast long term.  Plenty of times, if I'm super busy, I just skip lunch.  Have some water or hot tea......just saying.  So, is STRIVE about just saying you care and are going to do better with your nutrition?  Does she even profess to try to to eat clean?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't know if Janelle has any special medical issues, but, if you are super busy and don't have time to prepare a healthy lunch, you can always have an apple, orange, small serving of almonds, etc. OR just skip lunch.  I'm a Type I diabetic and have discussed the issue of not eating during the day with my Endocrinologists (well renowned, too) and they say it's fine to go without eating all day.  It's really not going to hurt you unless you fast long term.  Plenty of times, if I'm super busy, I just skip lunch.  Have some water or hot tea......just saying.  So, is STRIVE about just saying you care and are going to do better with your nutrition?  Does she even profess to try to to eat clean?

I always pack my lunch to take to work because I KNOW I won’t be skipping lunch. Of course I know it won’t hurt me to go a few more hours without eating, but if I don’t have something to take I WILL buy lunch.

I think more people are like me than like you- we will eat something, if that closest something isn’t the best for us it doesn’t stop us from eating. So I commend her for wanting something decent in her stomach. 

• Love 8

Janelle portrays her existence as a constant stress-fest she cannot seem to manage. She is a person who could use professional help, not someone who should be charging money for her "Strive with Janelle" air-headed, naive, poorly thought-out ramblings (for which she's shown no evidence of improved fitness or well-being). 

Gosh people are stupid. 

• Love 9

After watching this season first two shows I am thinking that Janelle may be busy writing and rehearsing for filming. What has been shown so far is very different from what the family puts on social media.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And did their hair.  Definitely did their hair.  And make-up.

They should have buzz-cut Kody's mop.  I keep hoping one of the kids will chop off his ponytail/manbun when he is napping.

• Love 7

New Strive Facebook post:

Butternut Squash!  Who loves it?  In a class I am currently taking we are doing food experiments.  In these experiments we focus one food at a time.   We journal how it affects our bodies, moods and emotions.  This last week was butternut squash.  

I have eaten a lot of butternut squash over the years, but I haven't really focused on it as an ingredient.  It more or less came along for the ride in whatever recipe I was preparing.  But, it turns out this squash is a nutritional powerhouse.  It has 1/2 of your daily Vit C requirements and all of your Vit A requirements in on serving.  Other nutrients in it have been shown to help prevent or lessen colds, help in preventing cancer, lessen symptoms of PMS, help you lose weight.... the list goes on.  It is also a mild diuretic and helps fight inflamation.

I also found it to be extremely filling.  Even when I was really hungry, I had a bowl of butternut squash before I ate and found I was pretty satisfied with just the bowl of soup.  You wouldn't expect that from a squash that is 82 calories per serving.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Even when I was really hungry, I had a bowl of butternut squash before I ate and found I was pretty satisfied with just the bowl of soup.

Is she saying she would eat a bowl of butternut squash first, then attempt to eat a whole meal, including soup? No wonder she is still so big. I make a butternut squash recipe with diced BNS and apples, bacon, thyme, S/P and chicken stock (medium heat on the stove for 20 minutes, then in the oven for another 20). You can add onions if you want. By the bowl as my dinner. Lasts most of the week.

ETA: How could I have forgotten the maple syrup in my dish? About 1/4 cup.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 9
On 1/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, TurtlePower said:

Precisely and it pisses me off. I know someone who works 10 hours a day at a stressful job, drives and hour to and from work (let's make that a 12 hour day), has 2 kids and somehow, she manages to eat healthy and fit in her workouts. 

Janelle and her stress and her "packed lunch" can just FUCK OFF.

Sing it!  Wed and Thurs of this week I have back to back concerts where 1 day is 13 hours and the next is 9.  I have already started packing my food for those 2 days because I know when I get off tonight I have to cook part of it and well, it is Below Deck night and I have things I want to do!  I am packing breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks.  Getting it done today so when I get off tomorrow night I don't have to do anything (and none of it is prepacked bullshit).  It is called planning Janelle.  I STRIVE to get all my shit done!  HA!  Your friend has it much harder than I do.  I have no kids and no real commute.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.473eb9cc94cad1a953c5f13f2022d189.png

Remember yesterday when someone thought the "tweak" was the rill dill?  You got me GOOD!  I was reading this thinking - WTH???????????????   HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!  Brilliant!

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Remember yesterday when someone thought the "tweak" was the rill dill?  You got me GOOD!  I was reading this thinking - WTH???????????????   HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!  Brilliant!

MAHAMID FRAUDED ME's comments give me life and keep me chuckling all day>

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

MAHAMID FRAUDED ME's comments give me life and keep me chuckling all day>

I know I love them too!  Janelle's pic there looks like she's constipated, so good idea to eat that squash.  Fritos don't have much fiber.

Edited by xwordfanatik
added a word :)
  • Love 8