Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Janelle is mixing a 3-Day reset with airplane travel to see the grandbabies?  That will never work! She backslides for a month whenever she gets out of her "routine" every month.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Janelle is mixing a 3-Day reset with airplane travel to see the grandbabies?  That will never work! She backslides for a month whenever she gets out of her "routine" every month.

I wouldn't want to follow her to the airplane toilet.  That could be awful, if the Pink Poison is doing a "cleansing," which may be very unpleasant-smelling.

• LOL 6

So Jenelle’s back to promoting weight loss, not healthy eating and the ayurvedic stuff she’s been prattling on about for the past few years. Perhaps as a first step she could LEARN HOW TO SPELL “LOSING.” Although the likelihood of that happening is probably about as great as the likelihood that she actually “looses” weight (and certainly not in a healthy way).

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wouldn't want to follow her to the airplane toilet.  That could be awful, if the Pink Poison is doing a "cleansing," which may be very unpleasant-smelling.

Or so absolutely chemical that the toilet is deep-cleaned!  Plexus really looks like my favorite brand of household chemicals but I doubt it smells as nice😜

• Fire 1
  • LOL 5

I love the healthy diet hashtag. That‘s the one she will never be able to do for a lifetime and obviously not even for a short term period. Depending on a wonder drink? Yeah, with that you will never get out of the morbid obese zone. Trying it a low calorie deficit way would be too much work and no sponsors for that 😇

• Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 6/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, Sandy W said:

It makes me irrationally angry that Janelle, Maddie and Christine are riding high on the hog by pushing these magical cure-alls laced with unpronounceable chemicals on gullible people.

There is no need for gut cleanses or fasting if one eats a balanced diet including fiber and adopts even a moderate exercise regimen.  Unless a person has a chronic digestive disease, this will work, it's the way living, breathing bodies were designed.

THIS. it makes me angry, too, as someone who seems to know more about physiology and nutrition than Janelle. I’m angry because untrained, poorly educated people should not be able to sell this stuff. Janelle needs her certificate revoked — she’s a bloody idiot. 

A “cleanse” does little, because that’s what our liver and kidneys do for a living (unless they’re not working properly and that’s a whole other issue!). As far as fasting, it can work if done by someone who is very knowledgeable and in tune with their body. That’s not Janelle — I don’t even see her being able to do intermittent fasting successfully. The second she feels hungry, she’s heading for the drive-thru versus having a cucumber salad with tuna. 

I still can’t believe Janelle wanted to start a garden restaurant. She doesn’t have the motivation or skill. But she sure can shill magic potions that don’t work. What she’s doing should be illegal because it’s so dishonest. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4

All these MLM schemes are the perfect place for those who are lost. LuLaRoe came around just when Meri needed it and Plexus came around when Christine and Janelle needed it. MLMs are the housewives' version of a gang, bordering on cult status. Take away the money and power and its really all about belonging, But just like with gangs and cults it doesn't take much to get kicked to the curb, even if one doesn't become enlightened to the bullshit it all is.

Meanwhile many lose their livelihoods or even their lives trying to belong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 13

Gee, an internet-certified health coach with the secrets to "loosing" weight?  Sign me up.

Janelle intentionally sets herself up for failure.  Trying to do this 3-day reset/cleanse while on an airplane and visiting her grandchildren is doomed to fail from the minute the flight attendant offers her some pretzels and a Coke.  She is also not going to go out for dinner with Maddie and the kids and sip from her tube of Plexus while everyone else eats burgers and fries.  She is constantly hitting the "reset" button on her weight loss and self-sabotaging every chance she gets.  She has no intention of actually losing weight - the question I can't understand is, why is she promoting herself as a health coach?  She clearly has enough of a following to make a somewhat decent living at it...and I suppose Plexus is happy to have a Z-list celebrity on board wrangling in the Sister Wives fan base and taking their money........actually I think I just answered my own question. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Love 9

Doesn't make the "reset" less nonsense. 

Gosh, these companys are so evil. Why motivate people to change their diet instead of selling them overpriced shit because those you are adressing that at are desperate? No money to make out of healthy dieting tipps. 

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Noergli said:

Doesn't make the "reset" less nonsense. 

You didn’t quote a post so I have no way of knowing, did you mean this regarding her doing it weeks before the trip? If so, I’m clarifying since many thought she did it and then got on a plane. She didn’t.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You didn’t quote a post so I have no way of knowing, did you mean this regarding her doing it weeks before the trip? If so, I’m clarifying since many thought she did it and then got on a plane. She didn’t.

My bad, I thought she was trying to reset on her trip.  It's difficult to keep up with her diet nonsense.  I'm sure that as soon as she's home, however, we will get a post from her about how incredibly difficult it is to get back on a routine, with a photo of her shilling the latest great product from Plexus that promises to do just that for the low price of $179.99.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

My bad, I thought she was trying to reset on her trip.  It's difficult to keep up with her diet nonsense.  I'm sure that as soon as she's home, however, we will get a post from her about how incredibly difficult it is to get back on a routine, with a photo of her shilling the latest great product from Plexus that promises to do just that for the low price of $179.99.

Yes, lather, rinse, repeat……

• Like 5
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is Janelle considered to be “an influencer?”   I recently saw a cast member on Southern Charm who promotes products too and she claims to make over $100,000. a month. 

Technically, in my mind I don’t think so. Janelle is part of one MLM niche. Influencers generally partner with and promote multiple products, or services.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

She is just setting herself up to fail. Why would you do a reset on vacation? We all have seen the picture of Evie shoving a donut or cupcake in her face, when I am on vacation I want to enjoy the food, especially in NC where you have access to all the fresh seafood

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Although Janelle has kept off some significant weight loss, she will always be restarting everything, including workouts, food choices and Plexus trends. Not that I'm one to talk, as I have started a few 'get healthier' plans more than a thousand times, but I don't claim to be an expert nor do I shill snake oil.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’d like to see a food critic review of black eyes peas. 🧐

We all know proofreading is not a skill known to the Brown clan...

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2022 at 12:20 PM, TurtlePower said:

And THIS is the main point of my arguments against Janelle. It doesn’t bother me that she struggles — many people do. But most people aren’t pretending to be something they’re not — a qualified expert of sorts.

That’s the reason I’m so critical of her. If she were to stop faking being a health coach and selling “miracle” products, I’d let up on her. 

oh I absolutely agree with you here in general. Lots of charlatans present themselves as health coaches and healers without any decent qualifications, which is dangerous.

But here we’re talking about a morbidly obese person, who doesn’t look healthy on other aspects either. If her magic potion really worked, she’d be 100lbs lighter and look a lot healthier. So, if you’re not able to see past this very obvious b*sh*t, then you fully deserve to be swindled out of a few bucks if you ask me!

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

So, if you’re not able to see past this very obvious b*sh*t, then you fully deserve to be swindled out of a few bucks if you ask me!

Darwinism at its finest.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

But here we’re talking about a morbidly obese person, who doesn’t look healthy on other aspects either. If her magic potion really worked, she’d be 100lbs lighter and look a lot healthier. So, if you’re not able to see past this very obvious b*sh*t, then you fully deserve to be swindled out of a few bucks if you ask me!

It is a lot more than a few bucks. I can't link the URL, so as Janelle would say, go Google it yourself: "Product Price Changes - 2022 – Plexus Worldwide". I wonder what percent of the costs go to the MLM "Ambassadors" and all levels of the higher ups. 

I suspect a lot of suckers become lower-level "Ambassadors" thinking they will save money on their own consumption of multicolour chemicals. Plexass promises "Unlimited earning potential", but the average Ambassador earns ~$544 per year.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

It is a lot more than a few bucks. I can't link the URL, so as Janelle would say, go Google it yourself: "Product Price Changes - 2022 – Plexus Worldwide". I wonder what percent of the costs go to the MLM "Ambassadors" and all levels of the higher ups. 

I suspect a lot of suckers become lower-level "Ambassadors" thinking they will save money on their own consumption of multicolour chemicals. Plexass promises"Unlimited earning potential", but t he average Ambassador earns ~$544 per year.

I get just a bit less than that each month from my investment account and don't have to pretend to be a health coach. And having diabetes. and eating a clean low carb/high fat diet have lost over 75# since 2012 and kept it off . I have have an A1c of 5.2%. It can be done even with minimal  exercise. But it takes work and determination.

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if she will let the grandkids climb on the walls and fences.

It may prove difficult to restrain Axel, didn't Maddie refer to him as her little monkey for scaling the board fence at home?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Didn’t Axel break his arm falling out of a tree he had climbed?  I think I remember that! 

Yes, it was after Evie had one of her surgeries, so both of them were in casts at the same time. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

This looks like a group I would steer very clear of if I saw them....well, anywhere.

Not loving the grip Maddie has on Axel, if I'm being honest.  Not suggesting anything bad, just that he looks bored/ready to run and she's grabbing his arms to keep him from taking off in the middle of the obligatory "happy family photo op."  Because the photo is the important thing - ignoring the fact that not everyone likes to have to pose for the camera.  I feel like Axel, in his limited ways, has made that clear from the very beginning.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This looks like a group I would steer very clear of if I saw them....well, anywhere.

Not loving the grip Maddie has on Axel, if I'm being honest.  Not suggesting anything bad, just that he looks bored/ready to run and she's grabbing his arms to keep him from taking off in the middle of the obligatory "happy family photo op."  Because the photo is the important thing - ignoring the fact that not everyone likes to have to pose for the camera.  I feel like Axel, in his limited ways, has made that clear from the very beginning.

I agree Axel looks like he’s trying to get away.

I’d also steer clear of them because they look stinky…. Caleb and Mitch need to get together and have a hillbilly beard contest 😖

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

It could be a baby bump, it could be a bad diet (somehow I doubt Maddie eats healthy) or it’s a bad side-effect of Plexus. It wouldn’t surprise me if it causes serious bloating of the gut.

And if she is indeed pregnant; please ditch the Plexus…

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Maddie using Axel to hide a baby bump?

I was wondering that as well, every pic lately she’s either posed in such a way or doing something that doesn’t allow a clear view of her belly.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

When have any of these people ever hidden a pregnancy? Please, that's one of the few ways they make any money.

Not sure about hiding a pregnancy in particular but they do keep some things secret for the show…. They kept Evie’s missing appendages and emergency services after her birth a secret for quite a while for the show.

• Like 5