Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle just posted a video stating she has now done the plexus reset 3 times. She says this time she lost 2 inches off her hips and 2 inches off her waist. She says, “you’re going to loose at least 6 pounds.”.

🤷🏼‍♀️

FF3FBD51-86EC-48F1-B201-901ED1320D2E.jpeg

I'm wondering if she just keeps losing and gaining back the same water weight over and over doing these "Plexus resets"

Whenever she posts a full body pic she always looks the same to me 🤷‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Who gets monsoon rain every afternoon? (I mean where?)

Monsoon is an exaggeration but I grew up in Maryland and it wasn’t uncommon for us to get violent thunderstorms nearly every afternoon, often with hail. They would last maybe 10 minutes than then it was all over - but they were vicious.

We have had some lately but not daily, like I remember from childhood. Or maybe they just leave more of an impression when you are spending every day in the pool?

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I wasn’t sure where Janelle was.  I’m in NC (where Maddie lives)and we often get thunderstorms every day in the summer….bad…lightening, rain, wind, etc.  But, it seemed like she was home in AZ. Whois’s pool?  I didn’t realize that desert areas got that much rain.  

• Useful 3
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Lots of places, surprisingly. Some areas’ geography always either attracts storms or helps them to form. Flagstaff gets them often, Cottonwood Cove Az, Kingman/Hualapai mountains, Mt Charleston near Vegas, Dolan Springs gets them — these are just areas I’ve lived near and know of.

And a mini-vent — I had to correct this 5 times because autocorrect kept changing correct spellings and words to incorrect ones! I watched it change right in front of my eyes to incorrect words.  I swear, some days it seems on purpose.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This time is year, south Louisiana.  I lived there over 40 years and the first ones shocked me.  then got used to them.  Maybe monsoon is an exaggeration, but, I had never seen such big raindrops coming down so hard and it didn't take long for intersections to flood, and then go down as soon as the storm passed. They come up pretty fast and don't always last a long time.  Not sure if she means the same thing though.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think this is the reset Janelle is pushing. I just couldn’t. (From Reddit) 

5E7808C1-D127-4DEB-9401-19327048E344.jpeg

This is a horrible, low calorie liquid diet that no one should follow, particularly without medical supervision. What a crock…

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If I did that reset for 3 days, day 4 would be spent eating lots of my favorite comfort foods - mashed potatoes, meatloaf and mac n' cheese.

After that "reset," I'd be eating the table leg or my own leg.

• LOL 20
On 8/7/2022 at 9:01 PM, ginger90 said:

10136F2A-5AAE-49FC-B2B4-EC618F71B390.jpeg

7E3438CE-D1FE-47CE-86FB-DA00EBDBD8E9.jpeg

*strongly rolls eyes*

First of all, the "feet and the body of water" photos have been done ad infinitum.  Second, how very clever to make sure your container of poison is in the shot as well - because when I'm baking by a pool, I don't want cold refreshing water, I want a pink chemical concoction that tastes like Windex and spikes my blood sugar through the roof.  

Also - what pool?  Did Robyn get a pool and is charging the family admission?

5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think this is the reset Janelle is pushing. I just couldn’t. (From Reddit) 

5E7808C1-D127-4DEB-9401-19327048E344.jpeg

Well, that breakfast combo alone would be enough for me to bail on Plexus after one day - a lemon-lime drink followed by a chocolate shake if you get hungry (which, LOL - of course you're going to get hungry).  YUCK.

@Mahamid Frauded Me....you win this thread today with your rewrite of Janelle's "reset."  We all know it's true, too.

(adds Cool Ranch Doritos to shopping list)

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Lots of places, surprisingly. Some areas’ geography always either attracts storms or helps them to form. Flagstaff gets them often, Cottonwood Cove Az, Kingman/Hualapai mountains, Mt Charleston near Vegas, Dolan Springs gets them — these are just areas I’ve lived near and know of.

And a mini-vent — I had to correct this 5 times because autocorrect kept changing correct spellings and words to incorrect ones! I watched it change right in front of my eyes to incorrect words.  I swear, some days it seems on purpose.

Death Valley National Park will be recovering from last week's monsoons for a very, very long time. 

Her Plexus menu makes my stomach turn. That pink nightmare looks like it would suck every drop of moisture out of your mouth and make your teeth hurt. Like Crystal Light on steroids. Not to mention what it does to the rest of your body, I'm sure.

• Love 7

Sounds like the old "Cambridge Diet" of the 1970s, which did kill people who stayed on it as their body consumed their heart & other muscles to get protein since collagen is not a good bioavailable protein (ground up hooves, anyone)?  3 days won't kill you, but drinking your "meals" reconstituted from packets of processed crap & chemicals doesn't teach you how to eat properly.  How many Plexass cult members might  ignore the directions and follow this "meal plan" for more than 3 days?  Maddie proudly announced that she feeds 3-yr old Evie Plexass despite the instructions saying it is only for kids 4 or older.

Curiously Google tells me the Cambridge Diet plan & products are back and they contain the same ingredients as Plexass - Garcinia Cambogia, chromium, Green coffee bean extract, etc., all in little packets for drinks, shakes, soups.

Wouldn't 45 Cool Ranch Dorito chips just be a tiny appetizer for Janelle?

Edited by deirdra
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Curiously Google tells me the Cambridge Diet plan & products are back and they contain the same ingredients as Plexass - Garcinia Cambogia, chromium, Green coffee bean extract, etc., all in little packets for drinks, shakes, soups.

This reminds me of an older episode of You're Wrong About--the one about the charlatan quack Dr. Oz. If you haven't listened to that episode, you should! These ingredients come up there too.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2

A lot of these "fad" diets were for strictly pre-surgery weight loss and were never intended to be long-term. I have tried a few thinking it could "jump start" me losing some weight. I remember after attempting the cabbage soup diet, I could have eaten paste off of the wallpaper and it would have tasted better. It really is just common sense (albeit something the Brown's seemed to have lost, maybe in the move from Utah) if you primarily eat healthy and exercise, you don't have to rely on poison in plastic

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I wish I could tell Janelle that mostly the eat less move more thing works - also don't eat if you are not hungry, don't open a bag of doritos and eat the entire bag, take out the recommended serving, blah blah blah.  It takes some doing to get used to it, but, it works.  I am old, no estrogen, and hypothyroid treated, but, still very hard,  and although it takes some discipline it does work.  And I eat my favorite things, but, not the entire package all the time.  Duh.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

I have a few people in my family who love a fad diet.  My mom has never had the patience for a sensible, nutritional plan, but she never met a fad diet or diet pill she didn’t love!  Well balanced diet?  Oh no, she would balk at that, but if it involved stripping down to your underwear, balancing a plate on your head as you do cartwheels and eat 42 hot peppers before your meal of pickled pork bellies, she would JUMP all over that crazy plan.  🤣

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 8
8 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

That has to be the edited version, she would be down to 120lbs if she stuck with that. I think I found her "real" menu.

image.png.8d90b5f0ef1e58654d8aad1309c05d10.png

Now I want Doritos and salsa or guacamole. I don’t buy chips sooo…

Your diet plan is great for J! I bet that’s what she really has.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Crazy thought time….

Perhaps instead of sitting by the pool “for a couple of hours”, she could get in the pool. Could be quite the game changer.

That’s going to be her next post.

Hey everyone guess what I discovered? Swimming is a great exercise! And after swimming I enjoy a big glass of chilled plexus! Buy some from me today! Only $149! 

• LOL 6
On 8/8/2022 at 7:50 PM, ginger90 said:

Janelle just posted a video stating she has now done the plexus reset 3 times. She says this time she lost 2 inches off her hips and 2 inches off her waist. She says, “you’re going to lose  at least 6 pounds.”.

🤷🏼‍♀️

FF3FBD51-86EC-48F1-B201-901ED1320D2E.jpeg

Like she spent $450 on the cleanse, lost any weight at all. If you believe her I got a bridge to sell you for $1.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Yep it’s $149 a pack. I can buy a weeks worth healthy groceries for that. 

177C8C0C-447F-4187-A6F1-A5AAD45D58CC.jpeg

LMO I spend more to feed my feral kittens in 2 weeks than this.

I eat even less... 

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also - what pool?  Did Robyn get a pool and is charging the family admission?

Ok I’m just speculating but I think that’s either a community pool or a pool at an apartment complex or hotel.…. it doesn’t look like a private pool at someone’s home.

Didnt Janelle say a while back that they were living in an apartment, condo or something like that?

CFDCB6C0-4D4A-4488-BFF1-40E981F8827B.jpeg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Better yet, don't buy Doritos. Only bring real, unprocessed, single-ingredient foods into the house. Only have treats in public on special occasions.

Agree. I don’t. But this is Janelle we’re talking about. I’ve always believed everything she posted was topped off with a bag Of Fritos or Doritos and she is probably eating them mindlessly one after the other. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I have a feeling she may move to NC after Madison's new baby is born. Especially if she's now staying at Garrison's, and Savanah graduates in the spring. I could see Savanah moving to Northern Utah to be closer to Christine. Remember Christine used to do her hair every morning....

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

All these moves really divided up the family geographically. I get that kids spread their wings, but it seems the sons are settling in NV and AZ, and a few of the daughters going back to Utah. I think Janelle may stick around in AZ for the time being, but ultimately end up in Utah as well.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ok I’m just speculating but I think that’s either a community pool or a pool at an apartment complex or hotel.…. it doesn’t look like a private pool at someone’s home.

Didnt Janelle say a while back that they were living in an apartment, condo or something like that?

CFDCB6C0-4D4A-4488-BFF1-40E981F8827B.jpeg

I think you're right. Private homes with pools usually don't have writing on the cement by the pool, which likely says something like "2 ft" or "no diving." I've never seen a private pool with markings like that. Also, there are a LOT of chairs opposite her.

I've never understood "sitting by the pool." It's hot, the sun is blinding, and you're literally just sitting there. At least a hammock under a shady tree is cool and comfortable. But I'm sure it's the best our Janelle can think up.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I've never understood "sitting by the pool." It's hot, the sun is blinding, and you're literally just sitting there. At least a hammock under a shady tree is cool and comfortable. But I'm sure it's the best our Janelle can think up.

I'm there with you-back in my apartment days I went to the pool to swim, preferably on weekday evenings so I didn't have to dodge 30 other bodies while I was swimming. My Irish coloring also preferred the evenings.

That's another thing about Janelle-she's fair-skinned, and has already had skin cancer. I would think sitting in full sun in the afternoon is not in her best interests.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

. I think Janelle may stick around in AZ for the time being, but ultimately end up in Utah as well.

But...but....there isn't anyone for Janelle in Utah 😉

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I think you're right. Private homes with pools usually don't have writing on the cement by the pool, which likely says something like "2 ft" or "no diving." I've never seen a private pool with markings like that. Also, there are a LOT of chairs opposite her.

When the weather is nice, I love to sit by the pool. I often listen to a podcast or read or nap. I always sit under an umbrella, though, and am covered in sunscreen because I am fair and I do burn super easily.

My mother used to LOVE to lay by the pool, in full sun, even (especially) when it was hot. She said it just felt good. She had a bad back and the heat helped. She would also get a gorgeous deep tan, but now that she is in her 80s, she has had multiple basal cell carcinomas removed. She has been lucky to avoid more serious consequences thus far.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Janelle may stick around in AZ for the time being, but ultimately end up in Utah as well.

19 minutes ago, Elodia said:

But...but....there isn't anyone for Janelle in Utah 😉

Came here to say just that.  I guess with Christine gone, Janelle doesn't have anyone left to gaslight so she might as well go back to Utah.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Nature is very soothing to me and I love the sound and look of water. It can be a pool, lake, creek or ocean, it doesn't matter. I also love being in and on the water. I can't tolerate heat like I used to, but I take any opportunity I can to be outside and if it includes water, I'm all in.

I think Janelle sitting outside is good for her soul. Swimming would also be good though too.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Nature is very soothing to me and I love the sound and look of water. It can be a pool, lake, creek or ocean, it doesn't matter. I also love being in and on the water. I can't tolerate heat like I used to, but I take any opportunity I can to be outside and if it includes water, I'm all in.

I think Janelle sitting outside is good for her soul. Swimming would also be good though too.

She could even just walk across the shallow end - that would be a good start.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

She could even just walk across the shallow end - that would be a good start.

You'd think being a certified Heath Coach she'd be encouraging others to join her exercising in the pool.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For those of you who read the Duggar threads - I should have put an asterisk on my last post. My love of water does not include drainage ditches or infested swamps. 😁

What if there is a diapered neanderthal with bad hair making muscly poses in it?

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
On 8/11/2022 at 12:34 PM, monagatuna said:

What if there is a diapered neanderthal with bad hair making muscly poses in it?

Well, if the hair was in a ponytail, we'd see Janelle launch herself in a perfect swan dive from the nearest diving board and get to him like a fish going after a tiny worm.

• LOL 8
18 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Well, if the hair was in a ponytail, we'd see Janelle launch herself in a perfect swan dive from the nearest diving board and get to him like a fish going after a tiny worm.

Don't forget to growl first!  Janelle also said "we like his pants tight" when Leo commented that Kootie wore too-tight pants, seasons ago.  😜

• LOL 9