Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ah now her post is trying to make sense, thx all. If he’s still in the military (very likely if they sponsored his degree) then I assume he got posted somewhere in the vicinity of Flagstaff

PS is it me, or does Hunter look an awful lot like Leon in that picture?

He's posted to Nellis AFB, in North Las Vegas.

• Useful 7
39 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

He's posted to Nellis AFB, in North Las Vegas.

Interesting, Janelle made it sound like he was closer, when she said he wasn’t far away from her. In comparison to Maryland he isn’t. I guess that’s what she meant. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 7
(edited)

I wonder if Hunter had a teacher or guidance counsellor or coach in HS who suggested the military as a way to get higher schooling and become easily employable. It is hard to imagine any of his parents suggesting something so reasonable.  Kudos to Hunter for following through to become a productive member of society.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Garrison got a cat after he purchased his townhome… he named it Catthew

8618FC57-F374-4014-AA0B-32E3E1955BCA.jpeg

A771BF06-A36F-4F6F-90D7-B5A5A5E61A02.jpeg

That's right!  I forgot about Catthew.  He looks like my cat, except mine has white paws and a white bib.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Hunter had a teacher or guidance counsellor or coach in HS who suggested the military as a way to get higher schooling and become easily employable. It is hard to imagine any of his parents suggesting something so reasonable.  Kudos to Hunter for following through to become a productive member of society.

I wish a couple of the girls had followed this path. I’d love to see one buck the stereotype of running off and starting relationships.

Here’s to hoping maybe one of the girls becomes a marine (one can hope, right? Rebellions are built on hope 😉). 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I remembered the name of the cat.  I couldn't remember the name of the cat's dad.

I wonder if Catthew's dad or the previous owner put that map mural on the wall.

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Catthew's dad or the previous owner put that map mural on the wall.

I don't think I would want that in my own home but for a bachelor pad, I think it's pretty cool.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I love when people talk about all the inches they've lost that they never say where or in how many places they've measured. If I measure my calves, thighs, hips, waist, chest, wrists, forearms & neck, and add up all the losses, that's a lot more than if I only measure my waist. The waist is the one that matters because visceral fat is the worst for health and should be half your height or less.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Garrison put the map mural on the wall

I was going to post I thought it is cool for a bachelor pad too. I wouldn't put it in my house, but if I were a friend of Garrison's I'd love looking at it when I visited! 

• Like 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, LilyD said:

It may be me, but I think they say “walk please….” 
Janelle probably reads only two dog signs: Food or sleep….

Bryn CC: My bladder is about to burst. How about yours?  Let us out, Janelle!

When my cat looked at me like that, she was reminding me of something I forgot to do.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

A fat guage (sic) with no scale bar isn't much of a gauge.  How wide are those shelves?  Oprah's little red wagon full of 67 lbs of fat was more relatable - we could compare it to the size of the common wagon and Oprah's height & furniture.

18 lbs lost is typically ~3 lbs of water (or more if she ate a lot of junk food before starting the diet).  And how can she slam fad diets when she is shilling fad dildo juice?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And how can she slam fad diets when she is shilling fad dildo juice?

Precisely!  How does she define a fad diet?  From the American Academy of Clinical Endocrinologists:  Fad diets are popularized through media and sometimes seemingly cult-like tribalism rather than through discussing nuances of scientific evidence. 

Fits Plexass to a T.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Since I know some here would have a better understanding, does this make sense? Is she actually saying her 18lb loss was all fat???

9A68DCB9-A43A-447D-8B9B-15C8B098E5B7.jpeg

B3897400-534B-4A55-9396-F219FF65EB72.jpeg

I respect her for her “slow and steady” comment. I pick on her a lot because she should be making progress as a health coach, and it appears she (finally) is. I still feel she doesn’t know as much as she should (and sometimes sounds a bit amateurish), but good for her.

The shilling of Plexus, though. Ugh these Browns and their MLMs. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I’m slow to snark on someone’s weight loss journey (Omg, I sound like a participant on 600 Pound Life), however I find it suspect when someone emphasizes slow and steady for 5-6 years and they are about the same weight.  Lol. Still, not gaining is a positive I suppose.  

• Like 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m slow to snark on someone’s weight loss journey (Omg, I sound like a participant on 600 Pound Life), however I find it suspect when someone emphasizes slow and steady for 5-6 years and they are about the same weight.  Lol. Still, not gaining is a positive I suppose.  

I agree. I think a 20 pound loss is pretty terrific, but it is relative. If I lost 20lbs I would need to be hospitalized because I weigh around 110lbs. On the other hand, Janelle doesn't.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Janelle has got to stop posting pictures of food. It all looks like dog barf.

Yeah, she has no clue what looks good enough to want to eat. Maybe it tasted good to her, but not making me want to fix/eat it...

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 7/26/2022 at 6:40 AM, TurtlePower said:

I wish a couple of the girls had followed this path. I’d love to see one buck the stereotype of running off and starting relationships.

Here’s to hoping maybe one of the girls becomes a marine (one can hope, right? Rebellions are built on hope 😉). 

Is Gwen in college?

18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

FAECC953-AE22-4CDB-997C-01F60F448986.jpeg

DE6A9D8F-2457-484F-9D72-FBAEEB87CB1E.jpeg

“Saved me from take out”

Ok first of all this looks good — maybe not the photo composition but the meal itself. I’d try that. However, Janelle’s continuous problem with takeaways must mean her brilliant Plexus is not doing its job. And as someone mentioned, doesn’t she have a garden? Or was that last year?

Anyway. I don’t see how takeaway food temptation continues to be a problem for her if Plexus is so great (and if she must get takeaway, she does know she could just get broccoli from Panda Express right?). 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

FAECC953-AE22-4CDB-997C-01F60F448986.jpeg

DE6A9D8F-2457-484F-9D72-FBAEEB87CB1E.jpeg

I’m wondering what prevents Janelle from having 3-4 veggies per day. It’s not that difficult.  If you’re home, you purchase them from a grocery store or farmer’s market and serve them for lunch or dinner.  (I often make a veggie omelet for breakfast on the weekends.).  And, if your traveling, you order the veggies at the restaurant or place you’re eating.  You can even get spinach and other veggies on the road at places like Sheetz and Subway.  With no set work schedule, you really have the flexibility to make your nutrition a priority.  I don’t see why it’s such a struggle.  

• Like 8
28 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I think everything about life is a struggle for Janelle.  Or at least she writes as it if is.  

Maddie is very much her mother's daughter.

Came back to add how ironic it is that Janelle portrays herself as the easy going chill wife on the show.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I think everything about life is a struggle for Janelle.  Or at least she writes as it if is.  

I agree with that and also wonder if she writes that way so that she gets more clicks/responses.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maddie is very much her mother's daughter.

Never looked at it that way, but OMG you’re spot on! Life indeed seems to be mostly about struggles and impossible goals when it concerns both of them! I have to say though that I can stand Janelle a lot better than Maddie as she seems to be a kind person. And Maddie is…well Maddie… fairly egocentric, spoilt and not very pleasant and fun…

• Like 10
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m wondering what prevents Janelle from having 3-4 veggies per day. It’s not that difficult.  If you’re home, you purchase them from a grocery store or farmer’s market and serve them for lunch or dinner.  (I often make a veggie omelet for breakfast on the weekends.). 

Its a constant struggle for me and DH while OTR.  I stick veggies in spaghetti, soups, salads, omlettes, scrambled eggs, sandwiches, and frozen meals that don't have enough to suit me. Even chili and taco casserole get veggies.  I tell DH to just eat it and maybe it'll save us from having heart attacks.  I can't tell you how many loads we have repowered for the company due to a poor driver having to go to the hospital for heart problems.  50% of the time when DH climbs into their cab there's a Subway sandwich waiting to be eaten in the passenger seat. You can get salads and veggie sandwiches, but will they?   Nope.  Its so sad.  😪

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Tech issue
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

I’m wondering what prevents Janelle from having 3-4 veggies per day. It’s not that difficult.  If you’re home, you purchase them from a grocery store or farmer’s market and serve them for lunch or dinner.  (I often make a veggie omelet for breakfast on the weekends.). 

I can tell you what prevents me... other things taste so much better. I'm a carb girl. I love my pasta and my potatoes and my bread. Given the choice between French fries and steamed broccoli, I have to be in a particularly virtuous mood to choose the broccoli (which I actually kind of like). I have diabetes and I'm overweight; I have a long and distinguished family history of heart disease (though none personally just yet). I'm working on eating better and just tonight had chicken with Brussels sprouts and green beans and tomatoes for dinner. But it's definitely more of a chore for me to prepare and eat vegetables than it is for me to mash a potato or make some rice... and definitely more of a chore than ordering in a burger and fries or Chinese food with lots of rice.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

i drink a Boost glucose control drink with my tea for breakfast plus a few grapes and a couple frozen peach slices. For lunch today I had some organic corn chips with cottage cheese covered with corn and bean salsa, for dinner I had half of an organic hotdog bun with mustard, ketchup, onion slices, tomato slices and avocado slices  and 1/2 a smoked sausage. Add in about 6 long golden potato fries cooked in beef tallow with organic ketchup.  Not so hard to get the veggies/fruit in even if the food doesn't seem so "healthy".

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I can tell you what prevents me... other things taste so much better. I'm a carb girl. I love my pasta and my potatoes and my bread. Given the choice between French fries and steamed broccoli, I have to be in a particularly virtuous mood to choose the broccoli (which I actually kind of like). I have diabetes and I'm overweight; I have a long and distinguished family history of heart disease (though none personally just yet). I'm working on eating better and just tonight had chicken with Brussels sprouts and green beans and tomatoes for dinner. But it's definitely more of a chore for me to prepare and eat vegetables than it is for me to mash a potato or make some rice... and definitely more of a chore than ordering in a burger and fries or Chinese food with lots of rice.

All totally relatable. I love potatoes too, and often eat them with green chile and a touch of salt. But, you aren’t online presenting yourself as a health coach or getting people to buy some snake oil pink drink.

I’d have empathy for Janelle’s struggles if only she’d drop the health coach gig. We all have days where we are tired, feeling uninspired and maybe a bit lazy. The thought of cooking is the furthest thing from one’s mind. Solution? There are veggie-heavy, actually healthy frozen meals for those moments, just in case Janelle was wondering. Costs less than takeaway food. A lazy moment one can feel okay about.

I shouldn’t be telling Janelle this. She should know it already. And it’s easy to get the veggies in. 

• Like 9

Janelle has a NEW “rockstar” food or drink that she’s crazy about on a daily basis! 
….. also notice that her thumbnail is torn, I’m gonna imagine it happened while pulling Robyn’s hair out of her head and clawing her hag face because that makes me happy!!!! 😂

B5DEFE3D-440E-4F53-A682-CF7BF05DC9B7.jpeg

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I’d have empathy for Janelle’s struggles if only she’d drop the health coach gig. We all have days where we are tired, feeling uninspired and maybe a bit lazy. The thought of cooking is the furthest thing from one’s mind. Solution? There are veggie-heavy, actually healthy frozen meals for those moments, just in case Janelle was wondering. Costs less than takeaway food. A lazy moment one can feel okay about.

Another solution is to make her own "frozen dinners" from leftovers. With no family at home anymore, I still make huge stews/soups when I feel like cooking and freeze the rest in individual servings.  I use unprocessed foods that I like, including several vegs (even some I don't like but are nutritious & their flavours/textures are masked in the stew).  Good even in summer when you're tired and don't want to cook in the heat - just nuke for 3 minutes & voila, dinner.  If she is still using that Co-op vegetable delivery service, that is a great way to use them all before they go bad.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Apparently, you’re supposed to eat about 8 ounces of veggies a day and 2 pieces of fruit. I always thought that I did a good job until a dietician showed me how much 8 ounces really is! (I had to consult one when developed gestational diabetes) And it is a lot!! My entire meal was as much as 1 portion of 8 ounces of veggies. I just couldn’t eat that much.

I’m fine with fruit and try to eat veggies twice a day but am 100% convinced I’m not eating enough. And yes, other food appeals to me more. So yes, I can totally feel for Janelle’s struggle. 

Edited by LilyD
Ouncs corrected to ounces
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

Janelle just posted a video stating she has now done the plexus reset 3 times. She says this time she lost 2 inches off her hips and 2 inches off her waist. She says, “you’re going to lose  at least 6 pounds.”.

🤷🏼‍♀️

FF3FBD51-86EC-48F1-B201-901ED1320D2E.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Who gets monsoon rain every afternoon? (I mean where?)

In the Canadian Rockies we sometimes get a thunderstorm at 3 pm on very hot summer days, occasionally several days in a row, but they last 15-30 minutes. You wait them out or throw on your rain gear, and go back to whatever you were doing as soon as they've passed over you. In the mountains, clouds have a hard time rising in the heat, so they drop some water weight to gain height. Flagstaff is at a higher elevation (~7000') than Banff townsite (~4500').

25 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Water weight. 

Especially when you binge eat or carb load in preparation for the next "reset".  If Plexass worked to lose weight and modify behaviour, nobody would need multiple resets.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7