Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

So if I understand this - Meri supposedly got another 10 - 12 people to shell out 4 - 6 grand for this retreat, when everyone now knows that this retreat includes sharing a room with a stranger, a bike ride, ice cream with brown sauce, some Costco appetizers and some sort of Ted talk with the famous Meri Brown?  

I think there is a scheme afoot where several self-proclaimed Boss Babes attend each other's retreats in an effort to scam a few people out of 6 grand, and the rest don't pay at all.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 1/25/2023 at 4:23 PM, Joan of Argh said:

What is that white pipe thing on the right side of the toilet?

And what’s the black thing on the left side behind the toilet?? A stinky old black plunger?

I actually felt like barfing looking at that sea foam green fuzzy toilet seat cover, I don’t think I’ve seen that color since the 1980’s…. Doesn’t she know how gross those things are?? People rarely use them in their houses anymore because they’re so unsanitary but putting one in a B&B is so gross I can’t believe she did that!!  🤢🤮

FBFB1DF0-4C63-4724-A303-4DCC6F97C687.png

the white pipe thing looks like an empty toilet paper holder. the kind you buy that sits no the floor if one isn't built into the wall. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

the white pipe thing looks like an empty toilet paper holder. the kind you buy that sits no the floor if one isn't built into the wall. 

Ya I thought about that but there’s one in both these bathrooms too which already have a toilet paper holder and in the second picture it looks like it has a black plunger head on it. (Someone posted a pic of a similar plunger)

I can’t believe she has stinky old plungers in the bathrooms for guests to fix their own toilet if it’s plugged, hotels/motels/B&B’s usually send someone up to deal with that for you and they bring a plunger with them.

C5E027CB-3101-468D-A956-67D2E8DB6002.png

1AE1B75B-5D1D-444F-AEBF-942E5BB40B2B.png

F6198449-14D2-46EB-B083-3A8CE03A56B6.png

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ya I thought about that but there’s one in both these bathrooms too which already have a toilet paper holder and in the second picture it looks like it has a black plunger head on it. (Someone posted a pic of a similar plunger)

I can’t believe she has stinky old plungers in the bathrooms for guests to fix their own toilet if it’s plugged, hotels/motels/B&B’s usually send someone up to deal with that for you and they bring a plunger with them.

C5E027CB-3101-468D-A956-67D2E8DB6002.png

1AE1B75B-5D1D-444F-AEBF-942E5BB40B2B.png

F6198449-14D2-46EB-B083-3A8CE03A56B6.png

Oh youre right it is a plunger. Thanks.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There are comments on a recent post of Meri’s. So many praising her. You’re wonderful, blah blah. One that made me laugh, something like, you look beautiful, you should do a makeup tutorial, followed by a bunch of replies,  it’s a filter!

That’s hilarious! 
Some of Meri’s fans will say anything to praise her no matter how stupid it sounds, I’ve been looking at pics of Lizzie’s and people actually go on about her decorating, one lady said “I love your decorating, you have impeccable taste!” another said “You should be an interior decorator, you have such talent and great taste!”

I shudder to think what their homes look like if they think Meri has impeccable taste! 😖

Lizzie’s is the worst decorating, it’s not period appropriate which would be lovely and it’s not modern, the whole place is stuck in the 80’s with wallpaper border, sea foam green and dusty rose plus she has little knick knacks everywhere! 
I wonder what Blair Michael ACTUALLY thinks of Meri’s decorating, she surrounds herself with ass kissers like him and Jen who tell her what she wants to hear.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
22 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What the hell is that a picture of? Does Lizzie's Heritage Inn have a dungeon?

I can’t quite figure it out, from this it sounds like maybe it was the original front door?

I can’t imagine wiping your feet on nails, I’ve never heard of it before and I’ve read a lot about pioneer houses, old houses their construction, history etc because I find it very interesting but a nail doormat is new to me. 🤷‍♀️

EBEEE2C3-8232-48C9-818F-1620FC838A95.png

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7

I’ve posted before how I’d love to go to Utah to see some of the natural beauty there—but I wouldn’t stay at Lizzie’s for $50/ night, much less what Meri is charging! 
I could go to the Caribbean and stay in a beautiful resort, take a Cunard transatlantic cruise, go to NYC and stay in a nice hotel while taking in a couple of Broadway shows, go back to Hawaii, etc. for the same amount of money. Why anyone would want to spend that money to hang out in a dusty old in with Meri is beyond me.

Just now, Adiba said:

Double post

Edited by Adiba
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Fun touches?  Really?  Depends on your idea of "fun," I suppose.   My idea of fun is not paying six thousand dollars to step on a hundred year old rusty nail and get the lock jaw, personally.  But that's just me. 

Anyway.  So ... a nail covered board for a doormat.  Okay.  But why are all the nails sticking through the door, pointy side facing out?  What the hell is that about? 

Actually, it is kind of fitting that this is how one might enter Meri's little inn.  Says something about what the experience is going to be like.  Welcome to Lizzie's!  Watch your fucking step!  And no leaning!  Now line up for plunger instructions, your gonna be on your own when the toilets overflow ...

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • LOL 18
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

The fact that those things are in every bathroom indicates to me that clogging is a frequent occurrence at Ye Old Inn.  In other words, don't call the proprietor to fix it.

For 6 grand, I want a shirtless Donnie Wahlburg to drive over and fix it for me.  Just sayin'.

And God forbid if a guest poops.  They are liable to find themselves ankle-deep in turd-filled water.  😜🤮☹️

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I can’t quite figure it out, from this it sounds like maybe it was the original front door?

I can’t imagine wiping your feet on nails, I’ve never heard of it before and I’ve read a lot about pioneer houses, old houses their construction, history etc because I find it very interesting but a nail doormat is new to me. 🤷‍♀️

If that's a "fun touch," I shudder to think of all the scary shit in that creepy, crap filled place.  EW!

• LOL 12

I've stayed at rilly nice BnBs in both Charleston, SC, and Savannah, GA back in the day and one time I stood in the foyer of a Savannah one, gobsmacked by its subtle beauty and elegant details.   Oh, the paint color was divine, and the bedroom suite was just as beautiful. 

I'll be the FIRST to tell Meri that she doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "impeccable taste".  For example, I don't recall a toilet plunger being located in plain sight in that "House Beautiful" bedroom, nor were the fresh towels hanging next to the toilet  (ewww, so gross). 

She needs plenty of lessons from those genteel owners down there. Ring the bell, Mer, cause school's in session!  📔

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Does the $6000 include a tetanus shot?

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 19

Don't get me wrong, I like antiques. My issue with her place is that it looks old and cheap. Didn't the wall boarders go out like in the 80's? The carpets are probably at least 30 years old, plus all the wreaths (which I love me a good wreath) but they are dust collectors and not easy to clean. She needs to invest some money into that place, all new neutral paint, new carpet or luxury vinyl flooring, white bedspreads, upgrade the hideous shell pedestal sink (decent ones at Home Depot run about 250). Why would I shell out even 250 a night for a place that she isn't investing any money in to make it more appealing and updated

• Like 14
  • Applause 5

I tried looking up the building codes for Utah and what their specifications are for “winder staircases” but I couldn’t find anything however I found building codes for Oregon and they have to be at least 6 inches wide at the narrowest point, Meri’s stairs don’t look like 6 inches to me... her stairs look one wrong step away from a broken ankle. 

221DBE29-16D4-4DC9-9D65-9A8F72E3204F.jpeg

B917B43A-76A3-4035-A606-0D74C5FA3AED.png

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I tried looking up the building codes for Utah and what their specifications are for “winder staircases” but I couldn’t find anything however I found building codes for Oregon and they have to be at least 6 inches wide at the narrowest point, Meri’s stairs don’t look like 6 inches to me... her stairs look one wrong step away from a broken ankle. 

221DBE29-16D4-4DC9-9D65-9A8F72E3204F.jpeg

B917B43A-76A3-4035-A606-0D74C5FA3AED.png

That's her staircase? It's ew. 

• Like 10

Old buildings liek that often don't follow present day standards. They are "grandfathered" in unless there is remodeling or construction at which time they need to come up to code.  The exception, in most cases, is for designated historic buildings. 

For example, the lighthouse I work at is not ADA compliant but we are exempt because it is a historical museum. Even when we did repairs to the inside we did not have to change the layout to accommodate ADA standards because it would mean extensive renovations to the building.

And Lizzie's is only historic in Meri's addled mind.  To everyone else it's just old.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2

For somebody that loves spending money it doesn’t look like Meri spends a damn dime on anything nice for the place or does Meri only like spending family money? Sorry, but the inn makes me itchy just looking at it.  I’m curious, was this place a successful B&B before Meri bought it and did Meri do any redecorating or did she buy the place furnished?

• Like 13
5 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

For somebody that loves spending money it doesn’t look like Meri spends a damn dime on anything nice for the place or does Meri only like spending family money? Sorry, but the inn makes me itchy just looking at it.  I’m curious, was this place a successful B&B before Meri bought it and did Meri do any redecorating or did she buy the place furnished?

As far as I know she bought it with furniture etc included.

I thought she’d steam all that ugly old wallpaper and borders off the walls and repaint everything a nice soft white that would be period appropriate, rip up all the ugly green carpet and get rid of all the thrift store knick knacks etc but she didn’t…. Everything looks the same to me as when she bought it.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Cetacean said:

And as I recall, it had been on the market for some time before Meri got suckered bought it.

Exactly the lady who owned Lizzie’s couldn’t believe her good fortune when Meri came along, Meri didn’t care about any of the important business elements involved, all she cared about was this romantic notion that it was her great grannies polygamy house which all turned out to be bullshit!  🙄

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Maybe. She can't tell you for sure until you pay.

Which, technically, isn’t even legal. Also, if she plans any activities in Zion as part of her package (IF anyone actually paid for this scam), she is required to have a Commercial Use Authorization in place. I’d love for the rangers to have a heads up, stop her and check if she has her CUA on her and if not, cite her.

This woman is so full of herself she needs a reality check. I bet she doesn’t even know about the CUA requirement. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 4
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly the lady who owned Lizzie’s couldn’t believe her good fortune when Meri came along, Meri didn’t care about any of the important business elements involved, all she cared about was this romantic notion that it was her great grannies polygamy house which all turned out to be bullshit!  🙄

How did it turn out to be bs? 

15 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

How did it turn out to be bs? 

There is a room on the main floor with an exterior entrance that could have been used as a bedroom.  Meri concocted a story in her head that the room was occupied by the male of the family and the lucky lady designated for each evenings entertainment would slip down the staircase from her own bedroom, sidle along the porch to fulfill her wifely duties.

Turns out, that branch of the family had never practised polygamy. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 8

So, what was the house then? A boarding house? I'm guessing it would have been a fancy one with all those bathrooms, because back in the day indoor bathrooms were a luxury and most houses only had one bathroom.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So, what was the house then? A boarding house? I'm guessing it would have been a fancy one with all those bathrooms, because back in the day indoor bathrooms were a luxury and most houses only had one bathroom.

Back then, large families were the norm, not uncommon to have 4-6 kids even in non polygamous families, thus the need for several bedrooms.

My own home constructed in the 1870's was built with a room on the 2nd floor designated as a bathroom for when indoor plumbing became available.

At least one of the inn's 2pce. washrooms seems to be a converted closet. The full bathrooms may have been enabled by juggling the original floor plan, sacrificing a bedroom on the 2nd floor.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Back then, large families were the norm, not uncommon to have 4-6 kids even in non polygamous families, thus the need for several bedrooms.

My own home constructed in the 1870's was built with a room on the 2nd floor designated as a bathroom for when indoor plumbing became available.

At least one of the inn's 2pce. washrooms seems to be a converted closet. The full bathrooms may have been enabled by juggling the original floor plan, sacrificing a bedroom on the 2nd floor.

Its not the many bedrooms that have me curious - its the many bathrooms. The home I grew up in was built in 1909 it has one bath, three bedrooms. The house across the street was built around the same time and had 4 bedrooms and then a fifth when they converted a downstairs room into one, but still only one bathroom.

And yes it makes sense the bathrooms were added later, but why and why so many? Even adding a 2 piece washroom is costly.

I grew up in the era of 4 - 8 kids in a family being the norm. Most of our homes only had one bathroom. And this was/is an affluent community.

Lizzie's leaves me with a lot of questions.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Someone along the way converted the house to a B&B with remodeling.  

As I recall, and I could be remembering wrong, the woman Meri bought the B&B from was running it as a B&B too. Maybe she did the renovations?

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Its not the many bedrooms that have me curious - its the many bathrooms. The home I grew up in was built in 1909 it has one bath, three bedrooms. The house across the street was built around the same time and had 4 bedrooms and then a fifth when they converted a downstairs room into one, but still only one bathroom.

And yes it makes sense the bathrooms were added later, but why and why so many? Even adding a 2 piece washroom is costly.

I grew up in the era of 4 - 8 kids in a family being the norm. Most of our homes only had one bathroom. And this was/is an affluent community.

Lizzie's leaves me with a lot of questions.

Agree.  I grew up in a house that was termed a gingerbread house, for it's ornate trim on the outside.  It was considered a Victorian house, two story.  It was large, both floors probably having close to 1,600 sq ft.  When my dad bought it you could tell it had been altered several times.  When we moved in it had 3 bathrooms, two down stairs and a tiny one upstairs that was put in what was probably a closet, it had a tiny claw foot tub, a sink and toilet, also small.  The two bathrooms down stairs my dad remodeled to be more modern, removing the claw tubs and pedestal sinks. At one time the house had been sectioned off so that the front room, was used as a rental, it had an entrance on the other side of the circular front porch.  I really miss that house, but it was cold in the winter and hot in the summer,  My dad lowered the ceilings in the house but it didn't help much.  It was so old that it still had the transoms above the doors which still worked.

• Like 8

More BS from Meri about rising above it all (which I don’t believe): “When you finally learn that a persons [sic] behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you...you learn grace”

https://okmagazine.com/p/sister-wives-meri-brown-hint-kody-split-abuse-rumors-cryptic-quote/

Meri Brown does not have “grace”. She conniving, narcissistic and manipulative. Everything she does is planned and executed around curating her image, and it shows. She’s a mean person trying hard to turn our heads a different direction — like a layer of frosting trying to hide a burnt cookie underneath:  “Oh! A frosted cookie! Wait…….what’s this? It’s blackened underneath!” 

That’s how I describe Meri trying to hide her real personality. She tries to add more frosting Instead of trying a new recipe (with the new recipe being genuine soul searching). 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

Blocked from Meri's social media accounts, but just saw a FB of an Instagram post by Meri today of Mosby with the caption that read "just another photo stolen courtesy of (dead name)brn.

So I guess Meri has not accepted their transition and has placed herself in the camp of those that need not address them by any other than their chosen name.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Mind Blown 8
28 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Blocked from Meri's social media accounts, but just saw a FB of an Instagram post by Meri today of Mosby with the caption that read "just another photo stolen courtesy of (dead name)brn.

So I guess Meri has not accepted their transition and has placed herself in the camp of those that need not address them by any other than their chosen name.

I have IG and took a screenshot from that video. It’s a compilation of a bunch of pictures/short videos of Mosby. Here’s the screen shot of what you’re talking about, it was maybe 3 seconds long — I think Meri is implying she took a screen shot from Leon’s page and is using it, hence the word “stolen”: 

F9C7ACBA-9740-40E2-A1D7-A7E87BFA0697.jpeg

• Thanks 3
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Here’s the screen shot of what you’re talking about, it was maybe 3 seconds long — I think Meri is implying she took a screen shot from Leon’s page and is using it, hence the word “stolen”: 

And it's the old account which is @mariahbrwn and that is included in the picture.  It's not like Meri can change that or block it out.  I don't think there is anything nefarious or suggestive about it.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
17 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

And it's the old account which is @mariahbrwn and that is included in the picture.  It's not like Meri can change that or block it out.  I don't think there is anything nefarious or suggestive about it.

I agree, there’s nothing shady going on here. It’s actually a cute video of the dog. 

• Like 6

Mosby (and Janelle’s dogs) are the only Browns I’m happy to see photos of everytime.  I do think that the Mosby pic was an old pic, so Meri couldn’t change the name Mariah to Leon.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 9
8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Mosby (and Janelle’s dogs) are the only Browns I’m happy to see photos of everytime.  I do think that the Mosby out was an old pic, so Meri couldn’t change the name Mariah to Leon.

I agree more dog and cat photos.  The Mosby photo was originally posted something like 181 weeks ago.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

I hope that TLC covers the topic of Leon's transition next season. I would be interested to see Meri's reaction. I'm also interested to see where Meri's relationship with Leon stands now. I'd also like them to pick up the storyline regarding Leon and Audrey's wedding which they abandoned when covid hit.

I think that these topics related to Meri are much more interesting than yet another season about her estrangement from Kody and the rest of the family.

• Like 15
5 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I hope they don't. I think it might be hazardous to the well-being of both Leon and Audrey to appear on the show.

How would it be hazardous? I wouldn't want them to put themselves in a hazardous situation either, but I can't think how it could be hazardous.

They've already announced their transition publicly.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 3
Just now, Libby said:

How would it be hazardous? I wouldn't want them to put themselves in a hazardous situation either, but I can't think how it could be hazardous.

They've already announced their transaction publicly.

I personally think they wouldn’t be interested. 
They have gone through enough publicly in my opinion. They are still going through it with comments from the public, and they haven’t been on the show in quite some time. 
What would the advantage be? 

• Like 7