Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I refuse to give the Sun clicks, but I'm going to guess the article is made up out of speculative air. 

They did a "deep investigative report" and then mainly cited comments from YouTube, and "viewers." They did identify one guest as a Lulu. The others have not been identified.  And they quoted a "source close to Meri." Probably the one guest they identified was Jen as she was in the bike picture. 

And the second link posted on this thread is a source that just quotes the Sun. LOL.

It all could definitely be true just as we've speculated. But it seems the Sun is also speculating per usual. They usually just go with whatever the social media speculation is.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/21/2022 at 3:15 PM, the-grey-lady said:

Trust me. This is a very important question. She looks like a hedgehog.

On 11/21/2022 at 3:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The monetary cost might have been high, but the memories of this retreat are priceless!  😝

Dying. Last rites. Deceased. Joined the choir invisible. Hands across chest. Requiem Mass. buried. 

I cannot wait until I have time to come back and read the rest of the comments. 

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

They did a "deep investigative report" and then mainly cited comments from YouTube, and "viewers." They did identify one guest as a Lulu. The others have not been identified.  And they quoted a "source close to Meri." Probably the one guest they identified was Jen as she was in the bike picture. 

And the second link posted on this thread is a source that just quotes the Sun. LOL.

It all could definitely be true just as we've speculated. But it seems the Sun is also speculating per usual. They usually just go with whatever the social media speculation is.

They should be paying this group 

• Like 7
21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Meri has flaws like the rest of us, but I dont think she's such a horrid human being no one would be interested in her romantically.

Of course. Nobody is perfect after all. I'm sure her mr Right is out there and in the right setting with the right people around her, she may be ok and even fun to hang out with.

No Meri fan but I can see how a competitive setting with  jealousy and favouritism can bring out the worst in everyone. In addition, she had to deal with her own infertility whereas the other two kept on popping out babies as if it was nothing. That too is an incredibly hard thing for someone to deal with. Those things really didn't do her character any favours. 

Without these immense stress factors, we'd probably have a different, more amiable Meri.

Edited by LilyD
Where replaced by with
  • Like 12
  • Love 4

IMO, Meri has likely had more than a few opportunities to find another mate and she's choosing not to.

I think a switch flipped on in Meri after the catfish. I don't know if it was the family switch, the show switch, the Kody switch, or maybe a combination of switches, but it seems she doubled down in staying a loyal sister wife. She also began living some semblance of a life, a life beyond being the basement wife. To me she found a way to hang on to the family without completely dying inside.

I do think Meri is a bitch, likely in part due to living the majority of her marriage/sisterhood in defense mode. But I don't think she's all bad, I more think she 'out gives' what she gets, meaning if someone is cold to her, she will be freezing to them. But living like that burns bridges, sometimes to the point of no repair.

In the end though, other than heartbreak, Meri's life isn't changing all that much as the family breaks apart. Christine seems to have a plan, but Janelle and K&R are pivoting left and right as they figure things out.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, ragingpixie said:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/6752432/sister-wives-meri-brown-utah-retreat-scrambled-fill-lularoe/

'NO ONE PAID' 

Sister Wives’ Meri Brown filled spots on her $6K Utah retreat with LuLaRoe pals after ‘scrambling’ to find people to pay

WELP. Let this be a lesson to her.

Just kidding, Meri learns nothing from experience. She is a boss babe.

I KNEW IT!!! That idiot couldn’t find anyone stupid enough to pay $6k

1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Of course. Nobody is perfect after all. I'm sure her mr Right is out there and in the right setting with the right people around her, she may be ok and even fun to hang out with.

No Meri fan but I can see how a constantly competitive setting where jealousy and favouritism can bring out the worst in everyone. In addition, she had to deal with her own infertility whereas the other two kept on popping out babies as if it was nothing. That too is an incredibly hard thing for someone to deal with. Those things really didn't do her character any favours. 

Without these immense stress factors, we'd probably have a different, more amiable Meri.

I get that the stress of that life made her who she is — but bitterness flows out of her like Niagara Falls. Self-awareness and true soul searching is a way to reverse that kind of bitterness. Meri seems incapable. What she lacks in a true romantic relationship has been replaced with making money — that’s how she defines her “worth” IMO and carefully disguises her anger with memes and platitudes. Meri’s deep anger and bitterness spill out of her carefully crafted persona. It can be seen on that resting b!tch face of hers in scenes and talking heads from the show. 

I believe there’s someone for everyone, but Meri doesn’t have a nice personality. When she’s not bitter, she’s bragging to compensate. She filters her face so much that EVERYONE, even men, detect a serious problem. Also, I listened to all those voicemails to the catfish, they were full of drama and neediness — she’d call REPEATEDLY if they didn’t answer. She’s hypocritical, having almost left the family herself but bashing Christine for doing just that. 

JMO but who Meri is deep down is the angry, sour face we see on the show. I don’t think she’ll ever leave — despite telling us that she’s not “pining away” for Kody, that’s exactly what she is doing. And she’s trying to prove her worth by doing things like host $6k weekends, which failed. Also, I get that self-worth is huge but Meri has way too big of an ego, as evidenced by her failure of a weekend.

All this babble was a roundabout way to say that yes, her circumstances helped create who she is, but they’re not a valid reason to use them as an excuse to be mean. 

Edited to Add: I know The Sun and magazines of those type are suspect as a source, but I don’t believe for one second Meri was able to find anyone to pay the full asking price. It’s not like she’s Jennifer Lopez or Taylor Swift. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect was wrong
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Meri spent Thanksgiving sick in bed. Later in the day, she watched two movies, Enchanted, and Disenchanted. She attributed it to being on the road for a month.

Being sick over the holidays is THE WORST, but it sounds like a pleasant way to spend the day if you’re sick in bed alone. After our Thanksgiving dinner my Mom and I watched DisEnchanted, it was hilarious if anyone cares. 

I have something in common with Meri!!😋

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Meri spent Thanksgiving sick in bed. Later in the day, she watched two movies, Enchanted, and Disenchanted. She attributed it to being on the road for a month.

Maybe I’m jaded by Meri’s perpetual exaggerating, but I just don’t believe “sick” is the sole reason. Yes, traveling like that can make one tired and run down — I used to travel to archaeological field projects for 10 days at a time and did this for months. My 5 days off were spent resting and gearing up for the next project, so I get that the weariness is valid. I just think she’s using sick to cover for being alone (which to me is no biggie to be alone on a holiday but Meri brags so much about all her “friends” so she had to find a reason no one was there with her). 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Maybe I’m jaded by Meri’s perpetual exaggerating, but I just don’t believe “sick” is the sole reason. Yes, traveling like that can make one tired and run down — I used to travel to archaeological field projects for 10 days at a time and did this for months. My 5 days off were spent resting and gearing up for the next project, so I get that the weariness is valid. I just think she’s using sick to cover for being alone (which to me is no biggie to be alone on a holiday but Meri brags so much about all her “friends” so she had to find a reason no one was there with her). 

If she’s alienated herself from her “family” it’s her own fault for treating Janelle and Christine’s kids like second class citizens for decades and for bringing in Robyn to win Kody’s approval and one up the other two. Being selfish for decades came back on her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If she’s alienated herself from her “family” it’s her own fault for treating Janelle and Christine’s kids like second class citizens for decades and for bringing in Robyn to win Kody’s approval and one up the other two. Being selfish for decades came back on her.

3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And I attribute it to her not receiving an invitation to join anyone for dinner.

Maybe all of the above. She probably is sick, but could rally if she had an exciting option. She'd have to work back a lot of energy in order to attend any possible gathering. Consider the possible options. At this point Meri is the lone one out. Yes because of her failed relationships but also because of the family structure.  They are now four separate families. Christine has her six kids to choose from and be with. Janelle has her six kids to choose from and be with. Robyn has her five kids to be with. Meri has Leon only and I'm guessing Leon doesn't honor Thanksgiving (just a hunch).

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Meri historically prepared the Brown family Thanksgiving turkey. Robyn wanted to do it that year and was nervous about asking Meri if that was ok. Meri said fine and appeared on Thanksgiving Day with a Rice Krispie Treat turkey stuffed with M&Ms.

I brought this over from the Janelle thread to say how much I wish Meri had not agreed to let Robyn make the turkey!   It may not seem like a big deal, but in my opinion it was a sickening example of Robyn (and Kody!) showing a selfish disregard of a decades-long holiday tradition so that the spoiled little bitch could usurp yet another person's spot in the family.  She already had the legal marriage at that point, didn't she?  It might have been a kind gesture on her part to stop taking things away from Meri at that point, but she's a conniving little piece of trash, so of course not.

I wonder, did Meri ever get to make the turkey again?  She was all alone this year, she posted.  It doesn't sound like Kody and Gollum even bothered to invite her, much less allow her the honor of cooking the bird.

Of course Meri would have been the villain if she had not acquiesced.  But either way she was going to lose.  She might as well have held on to that one little piece of glory.  That was the moment I remember saying "dammmit,  don't be such a doormat! " 

I bet Christine would not have agreed to step aside and let Robyn make the rolls instead of her doing it.  

Damn it Meri, grow a spine!

• Like 3
  • Love 8
On 11/23/2022 at 4:28 AM, Joan of Argh said:

That dress always makes me think…

”In the valley of the jolly, ho, ho, ho… green giant!”  😋

I always think of the end of Indiana Jones when they open the well of souls and Karen Allen is tied to the post in a silk slip dress with the wind whooshing. 

• LOL 2
On 11/26/2022 at 8:17 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Being sick over the holidays is THE WORST, but it sounds like a pleasant way to spend the day if you’re sick in bed alone. After our Thanksgiving dinner my Mom and I watched DisEnchanted, it was hilarious if anyone cares. 

I have something in common with Meri!!😋

Agree it was hilarious. Daughter in law, granddaughter and I watched both of them in succession and if Meri did that She could have been entertained and forgotten her miseries for a bit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/26/2022 at 10:00 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

And I attribute it to her not receiving an invitation to join anyone for dinner.

THIS.  Had Robyn dropped her an invite, Meri would've donned her very best LLR leggings and high-tailed it over there so fast, she'd leave skid marks.

Glad to see she's no longer sick and is now vibin' and thrivin'.  Quick recovery.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

THIS.  Had Robyn dropped her an invite, Meri would've donned her very best LLR leggings and high-tailed it over there so fast, she'd leave skid marks.

Glad to see she's no longer sick and is now vibin' and thrivin'.  Quick recovery.

I'm resisting the urge to make a joke about LLR leggings and skidmarks. I'm afraid the urge is winning, though. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12

Does anyone remember an episode when the were on vacation sharing one huge house? Or maybe staying in one in between moves?

Anyway, Meri and one of her sister wives teased Leon about her eyebrows. I think they drew on (or glued on) heavy black eyebrows. As you can guess, it didn't go over well. But how, ironic, because here we are with Meri drawing on her own eyebrows.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Every time Meri posts a very filtered version of herself, I wish *everyone* would send her this as a reminder — we know what she looks like. 

What is so crazy is she used to be normal looking.  Her face wasn't putty-like, her hair wasn't funky (in a bad way), she just dressed badly.  Once she found a straightening iron, brow makeup and fake tanner it was all downhill.  This also isn't age or weight doing this to her countenance. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 11/26/2022 at 12:40 PM, Tuxcat said:

Maybe all of the above. She probably is sick, but could rally if she had an exciting option. She'd have to work back a lot of energy in order to attend any possible gathering. Consider the possible options. At this point Meri is the lone one out. Yes because of her failed relationships but also because of the family structure.  They are now four separate families. Christine has her six kids to choose from and be with. Janelle has her six kids to choose from and be with. Robyn has her five kids to be with. Meri has Leon only and I'm guessing Leon doesn't honor Thanksgiving (just a hunch).

FWIW, I doubt Leon honors much of anything except personal agendas.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

What is so crazy is she used to be normal looking.  Her face wasn't putty-like, her hair wasn't funky (in a bad way), she just dressed badly.  Once she found a straightening iron, brow makeup and fake tanner it was all downhill.  This also isn't age or weight doing this to her countenance. 

It’s possible that weight *may* be a contributing factor. When she was slimmer (first few seasons), her face was thin and normal looking. When people gain weight, it also goes to their face — some more than others, unfortunately. I think that may have happened to Meri and has something to do with how different she looks now. 

It’s actually shocking seeing Meri’s filtered images and then seeing her on the show. The only thing she can do in real life is to drop excess weight and see a dermatologist about anything she wants to change or fix. That’s more honest than filtering (to me) — at least IRL you look like your online self.

I want to feel bad for her but she’s too mean of a person. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

This face, what is it made out of????

image.thumb.png.b11997d27af9d64dea4c1b1c81fd237a.png

image.thumb.png.b11997d27af9d64dea4c1b1c81fd237a.png

image.png

Clay ? She looks like a villain from a movie.

Or maybe she is cursed by all those people she scammed in MLM schemes ? Meri is making $ but people she tricked are not…

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

My days of feeling sorry for folks at the bottom of MLM pyramids are over. There has been tons of seller beware messages around. Anyway, I'm sure Meri, Janelle and Christine lie to themselves and say the made it from the bottom up, ignoring the facts they have 1000s of followers on SM.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 11/26/2022 at 7:40 PM, Tuxcat said:

At this point Meri is the lone one out. Yes because of her failed relationships but also because of the family structure.  They are now four separate families. Christine has her six kids to choose from and be with. Janelle has her six kids to choose from and be with. Robyn has her five kids to be with. Meri has Leon only and I'm guessing Leon doesn't honor Thanksgiving (just a hunch).

This is probably Meri’s biggest nightmare coming true… she always wanted a huge family of her own. I’m sure she dreamed of sitting in a rocking chair on her porch surrounded by her kids and dozen of grandkids. She had only one child and we all know what happened there. And with Kody gone, it’s just her. 
I guess it’s something many people fear: to be alone when you grow old(er). And while the chances of this happening are smaller when you have 6 kids, it can happen there too (Especially when you have a complicated character like Meri). I guess we all know from personal experience or from seeing people around us.

• Sad 6
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone remember an episode when the were on vacation sharing one huge house? Or maybe staying in one in between moves?

Anyway, Meri and one of her sister wives teased Leon about her eyebrows. I think they drew on (or glued on) heavy black eyebrows. As you can guess, it didn't go over well. But how, ironic, because here we are with Meri drawing on her own eyebrows.

That was the season 10 trip to Hawaii ... Meri and Janelle had been challenged by that useless therapist of theirs  Nancy to "bond" somehow, and what ended up happening was the eyebrow thing.   But it was actually not a dig at Leon's eyebrows ... Leon had asked Meri (in front of people and on camera) why she drew her eyebrows on so thin.  Aurora was there and she was like "that's not a nice question!" ... she was about 9 and more sensitive than Leon, sadly.  So Meri, Janelle, and Aurora drew on these giant eyebrows and Meri and Janelle just laughed so hard together ... it was the most I've seen them EVER enjoy each other's company.  It was kind of cool actually. 

Of course when sourpussed Leon arrived on the scene, they didn't even notice the eyebrows - Meri had to point them out - and the reaction was just meh.  No laugh, not even a smile.  God what a bleh person Leon has ALWAYS  been! 

Anyway, thanks for the reminder of that episode.  I actually rewatched the whole episode yesterday, and I had forgotten about the pork that was going to be served at the luau causing Kody to throw a hissy fit.  And absolutely NOBODY gave a rat's ass, either!   Logan once again spoke to Kody like he was a toddler.  And what's even more stupider is that avoidance of pork is not even a formal aspect of their religion ... it's just something Kody thinks makes him closer to Jesus.  Of all the things Christlike he could be emulating, that is what he chooses ... not love, compassion, forgiveness,  humility ... he's just gonna skip the bacon and call it a day.   

Here's the clip:

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That was the season 10 trip to Hawaii ... Meri and Janelle had been challenged by that useless therapist of theirs  Nancy to "bond" somehow, and what ended up happening was the eyebrow thing.   But it was actually not a dig at Leon's eyebrows ... Leon had asked Meri (in front of people and on camera) why she drew her eyebrows on so thin.  Aurora was there and she was like "that's not a nice question!" ... she was about 9 and more sensitive than Leon, sadly.  So Meri, Janelle, and Aurora drew on these giant eyebrows and Meri and Janelle just laughed so hard together ... it was the most I've seen them EVER enjoy each other's company.  It was kind of cool actually. 

Of course when sourpussed Leon arrived on the scene, they didn't even notice the eyebrows - Meri had to point them out - and the reaction was just meh.  No laugh, not even a smile.  God what a bleh person Leon has ALWAYS  been! 

Anyway, thanks for the reminder of that episode.  I actually rewatched the whole episode yesterday, and I had forgotten about the pork that was going to be served at the luau causing Kody to throw a hissy fit.  And absolutely NOBODY gave a rat's ass, either!   Logan once again spoke to Kody like he was a toddler.  And what's even more stupider is that avoidance of pork is not even a formal aspect of their religion ... it's just something Kody thinks makes him closer to Jesus.  Of all the things Christlike he could be emulating, that is what he chooses ... not love, compassion, forgiveness,  humility ... he's just gonna skip the bacon and call it a day.   

Here's the clip:

Thank you!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Here's the clip:

Wow, that was actually shocking behavior, even for Kody. If I didn't know who it was, I would have thought he was a 14 year old brat being really inappropriate and trying to embarrass his parents. What a childish asshole.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Here's the clip:

A story in the New Testament actually deals with this issue, so it appears Kody doesn’t read that work as religiously as he abstains from pork. 
Four sexual partners, no pork, blame Jesus.

Edited by Just Wondering
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The retreat information is still up on the B&B website. 

She hasn’t updated that yet? Our Boss Babe is slacking!

I hope Meri has learned her lesson. She might have gotten some interest if she dropped the price to under $1,000. I admire the fact that she’s thought ahead for when there’s no show, but her ego and personality hinder her. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 12/1/2022 at 4:19 AM, LilyD said:

This is probably Meri’s biggest nightmare coming true… she always wanted a huge family of her own. I’m sure she dreamed of sitting in a rocking chair on her porch surrounded by her kids and dozen of grandkids. She had only one child and we all know what happened there. And with Kody gone, it’s just her. 
I guess it’s something many people fear: to be alone when you grow old(er). And while the chances of this happening are smaller when you have 6 kids, it can happen there too (Especially when you have a complicated character like Meri). I guess we all know from personal experience or from seeing people around us.

I can feel for Meri (on a human level) if she always imagined herself with a bunch of kids and grandkids and that didn't happen, but truthfully, she's had YEARS to accept that wasn't her future, and IF she was someone that wanted a large community around her, she had every opportunity to build one. I have found if you are a pleasant human being, generally people want you around. There's no reason she couldn't have closer relationships with some of the other Brown kids, and she still does have Leon (although they dont live nearby). Any fractures in Meri's relationships with Leon I likely put on Meri's shoulders.

Look, I get building relationships takes effort, but if you want that in your life, and you aren't born into it, you have to put in the effort! Even if you are born into it, you have to maintain relationships to have them be enriching. I go through a bit of this with my own Mom (although of course I am much nicer because she is my Mommy and I love her), and my Mom has been through it (losing her BFF of 50yrs etc, and the death of other friends last year). No it's not my Mom's fault she doesn't have bio family outside of her kids, but she could've built more relationships, but she didnt want to expend the emotional energy to do that. (okay that was her choice) And my Mom DOES have friends (she is always getting invited places), she's just older and sicker and tired and facing her mortality, and I am her only relative. (yes my sister of course but my sister cannot assist her as a typical adult would be able to do)

• Like 5
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can feel for Meri (on a human level) if she always imagined herself with a bunch of kids and grandkids and that didn't happen, but truthfully, she's had YEARS to accept that wasn't her future, and IF she was someone that wanted a large community around her, she had every opportunity to build one. I have found if you are a pleasant human being, generally people want you around. There's no reason she couldn't have closer relationships with some of the other Brown kids, and she still does have Leon (although they dont live nearby). Any fractures in Meri's relationships with Leon I likely put on Meri's shoulders.

Look, I get building relationships takes effort, but if you want that in your life, and you aren't born into it, you have to put in the effort! Even if you are born into it, you have to maintain relationships to have them be enriching. I go through a bit of this with my own Mom (although of course I am much nicer because she is my Mommy and I love her), and my Mom has been through it (losing her BFF of 50yrs etc, and the death of other friends last year). No it's not my Mom's fault she doesn't have bio family outside of her kids, but she could've built more relationships, but she didnt want to expend the emotional energy to do that. (okay that was her choice) And my Mom DOES have friends (she is always getting invited places), she's just older and sicker and tired and facing her mortality, and I am her only relative. (yes my sister of course but my sister cannot assist her as a typical adult would be able to do)

She absolutely could have had that life with the other non bio children, but she spent decades making sure they were given less and treated like lower class citizens. If they don’t want to be around the Mom who hogged financial resources and lorded it over them, I don’t blame them. Meri treated them all like total crap who needed to bow down to her, and now she’s left alone. Her own fault. 

• Applause 10
  • Love 3
On 11/26/2022 at 8:28 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

I think she comes from a large family, but I don’t have a clue as to how much time she spends with them.  I think one of the sisters died.  One of the brothers was at the inn once. 

• Like 4

Besides Maddie has any kid said something negative about Meri? Gwen recently called her a sweetie.

Maybe they all don't like her, maybe they don't think of her often, maybe they don't think of including her, maybe they don't include her because their mom doesn't want them to, or maybe they do invite her to events and holidays.

Christine said they had a blow up over Christine's kids, but that's one side of the story. Don't get me wrong I think Meri is cold, harsh and bitchy, but so is my SIL and my kids actually like her.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2