Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I do have to say, I am impressed at the correct use of the word "piqued" (improper use of piqued/peaked, peak/peek, heel/heal, and phased/fazed are my pet peeves), as well as the fact that she caught on that some people are going to respond negatively, so only gave positive choices for her polls. 

• LOL 7

I'm neutral about Meri, but I have to give her props for this. She has enough fans, and enough people who like the idea of a "retreat" to make bank. Potentially 24 K for the "VIP" rooms and and another 30 K for (I'm guessing) 6 rooms at "the other house in town." 

My money is on her "friend" Danielle Delgado, a motivational speaker who does "trainings" for Lularot, as one of the "surprises." 

She'll drive everyone up to Cedar Breaks for an afternoon of hiking (or at least a walk/photo op). 

Meri has been the smartest with money all along (much of it her ill-gotten LLR gains, alas) --and we know she's a planner, so she can pull this off. If it works out, she'll learn from any mistakes and improve on it.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Nothing like a last minute “exciting” trip. And people have to apply, not sign up, apply? Good grief.

I find it to be ridiculous, personally.

Exactly…. If it’s a roaring success she’ll repeat and it will become a regular thing… if it’s a FLOP we’ll never hear about it again and if anyone asks her walls will go up and ban you!  😋

• LOL 6

Harder than hard pass.  Who in their right mind would spend this kind of money for this?

How many fans can be that devoted to such a thoroughly unpleasant meanie, that claims to be a "boss babe," but is everything but?

UGH!

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Nothing like a last minute “exciting” trip. And people have to apply, not sign up, apply? Good grief.

I find it to be ridiculous, personally.

I'm sure one of the questions is "Are you on primetimer or Reddit?" Yes* - No

If yes, don't bother to continue your application...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

The whole thing seems awkward and a recipe for disaster.

Meri isn’t a happy go lucky easy going person, she’s snotty, cranky and very quick to lash out at the slightest criticism…. I can’t imagine her handling complaints in a professional manner without getting pissy.

I’ll be surprised if this retreat idea is a hit.. I think her bff Danelle Delgado has Meri dreaming of grateful people dropping sacks of money in her lap just to be in her presence.

it’s one thing to pay a couple hundred bucks for an overnight stay at Lizzie’s on a whim… as long as the place is clean and there’s decent food most people will walk away happy but when people are dropping 4-6 thousand I think they’re a lot more picky and expect to be treated like royalty.

I think most people who would hand over that kind of cash are doing it to spend one on one time with celebrity Meri Brown and stay at Lizzie’s WITH HER... Why would anyone pay 4K to stay at a house down the street while Meri is at the B&B with the high rollers who dropped 6k for the deluxe pkg?

What exactly is this retreat going to do for me?   
is it just following Meri around while she brags about being a boss babe and a strong woman?   
It says there will be hiking… so these people are gonna spend thousands of dollars to follow Meri as she lumbers through the woods like a grizzly bear?                            
Meri says she’ll supply your meals, you can stay in a room at Lizzie’s (if you drop 6K) go hiking with her and she has little surprise pkgs (probably a crocheted pot holder and a Rice Krispie treat) and any questions about the tv show are out of bounds and you’ll get your nose *SNAPPED* if you go there!  

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The recent Fridays with friends consisted of roasting apples in the yard, smoke in their eyes, giggle giggle giggle. $6,000 worth of excitement!

One funny part, her friend’s apples weren’t roasting the way they should. Meri took a bite of the friend’s apple to check it. She said, I hope you didn’t mind. Her friend (who doesn’t like bananas) said, as long as you didn’t eat a banana first it’s ok. 👀

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Meri isn’t a happy go lucky easy going person, she’s snotty, cranky and very quick to lash out at the slightest criticism…. I can’t imagine her handling complaints in a professional manner without getting pissy.

This exactly. I bet people would pay to hang out with Christine.

(I'm still laughing at that $6k price tag. To stay in a dusty inn with a sourpuss with weird eyebrows. She is delusional.)

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

If Meri really wants to go the retreat route she's doing it all wrong. She should be selling the skill building exercises and not "time with her". She should start small, rent out Lizzie's to a group and come by with a big van to pick them up, run the skill/team building exercise and drop them back at Lizzie's with instructions for self run exercises. Rinse and repeat, and then do a kumbaya evening with them the night before check-out.

Oh and reduce the price.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If Meri really wants to go the retreat route she's doing it all wrong. She should be selling the skill building exercises and not "time with her". She should start small, rent out Lizzie's to a group and come by with a big van to pick them up, run the skill/team building exercise and drop them back at Lizzie's with instructions for self run exercises. Rinse and repeat, and then do a kumbaya evening with them the night before check-out.

Oh and reduce the price.

I agree, when my hubby was younger and still climbing the corporate ladder he attended several different retreats all paid for by the firm he worked for, they were at 5 star hotels, delicious meals and often had 3 or 4 activities including zip lining, white water rafting, team events for prizes and their guest speakers were people like Arnold Swarzenegger and other A list celebrities.

I'm not expecting that from Meri but so far her retreat sounds pretty bleak and not something I'd be willing to drop 4-6K on.... I mean a room at Lizzie's and hiking with Meri for 6K? really?!? wow I can't wait to hear how this turns out.  😬

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

wow I can't wait to hear how this turns out.  😬

I don't think we will be able to believe anything that she reports especially if she swears it was a roaring success.

If it fails, we will never hear about it again.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Aspenglow said:

OMG- I just looked at the rooms! What on earth is she thinking? She has no taste whatsoever in anything! 

But, but, but it is a "Heritage" Inn, complete with tacky wallpaper borders from the 1980s!

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

For $6000 is it a 3 month stay ? How long will I be there for $6,000?

Check in Thursday  3p, check out Sunday 11a.

My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson took a week long cruise for less.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

For $4500, you don't get to stay at the Inn. And she doesn't say what the activities are. That's a lot of money without even knowing what you will be doing or how much time Meri will actually spend with you.

Still, people will totally do it.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Love 3

There is a lovely Victorian hotel in a city near me that is just the most charming place, everything so thoughtful and well presented. You enter your room to a foyer that has silver and crystal champagne bucket and glasses, there's soft music playing, every single amenity you could ever want down to the stationary, temple balm, and chocolates, free parking, it's right downtown (you can see live music from your room window), there's shopping and restaurants right there. We'll go for a weekend and never even use the car because it's just blocks and blocks of shops, restaurants, shows, artwork, everything. The price per night for peak season is something like $300 (and I live in the bay area where everything is inflated). Three HUNDRED, Meri, you've got an extra zero on there! I can't imagine wanting to drop any sort of money on a musty old plyg house in the middle of nowhere with a hoarder for a neighbor and a crotchety, mean host who cooks with dog hair and puts up her walls if you ask her for anything.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

For $4500, you don't get to stay at the Inn. And she doesn't say what the activities are. That's a lot of money without even knowing what you will be doing or how much time Meri will actually spend with you.

Still, people will totally do it.

I agree. I think she may end up discounting it somewhat but I'm just about certain she can sell out the Inn rooms for this. That would only be 4 fans. Or 8, if 4 pairs of fans want to share. She'll probably advertise more detail about "extras" if she doesn't sell out right away, and will extend the application deadline. I bet if she roped in Leon and Audrey and announced it, she'd get even more interest. But I do think if she'd started at a lower price for this first retreat it would have been a better strategy. Most times that's how marketing works best. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

There is a lovely Victorian hotel in a city near me that is just the most charming place, everything so thoughtful and well presented. You enter your room to a foyer that has silver and crystal champagne bucket and glasses, there's soft music playing, every single amenity you could ever want down to the stationary, temple balm, and chocolates, free parking, it's right downtown (you can see live music from your room window), there's shopping and restaurants right there. We'll go for a weekend and never even use the car because it's just blocks and blocks of shops, restaurants, shows, artwork, everything. The price per night for peak season is something like $300 (and I live in the bay area where everything is inflated). Three HUNDRED, Meri, you've got an extra zero on there! I can't imagine wanting to drop any sort of money on a musty old plyg house in the middle of nowhere with a hoarder for a neighbor and a crotchety, mean host who cooks with dog hair and puts up her walls if you ask her for anything.

I love your description of Meri.  Throughly an unpleasant person, who needs that?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2022 at 10:19 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Harder than hard pass.  Who in their right mind would spend this kind of money for this?

How many fans can be that devoted to such a thoroughly unpleasant meanie, that claims to be a "boss babe," but is everything but?

UGH!

If people are dumb enough to waste money on a “retreat” with Meri (more like from her if it were me), they deserve to get screwed over. 

I’d rather put $6k towards a trip to the UK than spend one minute with this miserable, jealous, self-absorbed, polyester-wearing, obnoxiously loud old bag. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

To me the ONLY interesting thing about Meri is the show and since she makes it very clear that any talk of or questions about the show are off limits there’s nothing about her “retreat” that’s appealing.

From what I can tell the retreat will be a longer version of “Fridays with friends” which to this day I’ve never, not one time been able to listen to for the entire broadcast… I’ve tried a few times and I ALWAYS wind up clicking it off after about 10 minutes.

It’s nothing but FAKE Meri with her stooge Jen giggling and snickering about some unknown inside joke or Meri hinting about some big deal that she has in the works but never reveals, Meri bragging about being a boss babe while she talks over Jen because apparently the only one allowed to be a strong woman or boss babe is Meri.

No Thanks!

If I had an extra 6k I’d donate it to the local animal rescue before I’d hand it to bitchy, bossy, bloviating Meri Brown. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Love 11

Joan of Argh: "If I had an extra 6k I’d donate it to the local animal rescue before I’d hand it to bitchy, bossy, bloviating Meri Brown. 🙄"

Me too!! There aren't enough rice krispy treats in the world for me to go there!!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

For $6,000 I’d expect Meri to eat a big banana while barefoot at every meal 🤣

🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

I'd expect Meri to do a full on burlesque show with every meal.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9