Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Her bBFFf has quite a tentative smile in that photo.

She looks a little scared.  She's thinking, what's going on here?  I was out there enjoying Shajemajo and this crazy lady with 1-1/2 eyebrows dragged me into her car and took our picture.

Edited by Sandy W
spelling of Shajemajo-still don't know what it is.
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 8/31/2019 at 10:33 AM, Sandy W said:

The Hawaiian Honeymoon was indeed salt in the wound and I recall a bitch session around a campfire where the 3 Cinderellas all voiced their displeasure.

The Cinderella BitchFest was for the FIRST 10 day honeymoon the King and Queen went on, after the spiritual wedding. I can't recall anything being said about the second honeymoon on air. Robyn did address it on Twitter, saying that she used her grocery money to go on vacation and Kody just happened to go along with her. Yeah. Claims it wasn't really a honeymoon (probably because if she acknowledged it publicly, she knew the shit would hit the fan with the fan-base). In fact, they didn't publicly acknowledge the divorce/marriage until someone was snooping online and found the divorce degree and marriage license, months after the fact. Then TLC and the fambly went into spin control. They had almost finished filming that season and had to film events after the fact to address the surprises.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t want to rehash the whole Sam thing again too much, but did they ever say whose photos this Jackie was using?

Despite many reverse image searches, I don't think the person was ever positively identified.  The assumption seems to be that it was a composite photo of several different people.  It seems that J.O. was too fly to use an actual person.  

With her technical skills, it was a shame that she wasted her talent on such a trivial pursuit.  I don't think she gleaned any monetary gains from her association with Meri, just a demented hunt and chase.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

but did they ever say whose photos this Jackie was using?

Eventually someone found a model online that matched up with the Sam pics. JO used a picture of him that was him looking around a corner, so you only saw half his face. The investigator/NosyNellie took that pic and made a whole face with the two halves. It was then easy yo find the model.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

They had almost finished filming that season and had to film events after the fact to address the surprises.

That explains the wildly fluctuating weights of the wives, sometimes in the same slapped-together episode.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t want to rehash the whole Sam thing again too much, but did they ever say whose photos this Jackie was using?

What I found is, it started out as a picture of, Shaant Hacikyan, the frontman of the band, Cute is What We Aim For. Then the picture was changed along the way. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

The Cinderella BitchFest was for the FIRST 10 day honeymoon the King and Queen went on, after the spiritual wedding. I can't recall anything being said about the second honeymoon on air. Robyn did address it on Twitter, saying that she used her grocery money to go on vacation and Kody just happened to go along with her. Yeah. Claims it wasn't really a honeymoon (probably because if she acknowledged it publicly, she knew the shit would hit the fan with the fan-base). In fact, they didn't publicly acknowledge the divorce/marriage until someone was snooping online and found the divorce degree and marriage license, months after the fact. Then TLC and the fambly went into spin control. They had almost finished filming that season and had to film events after the fact to address the surprises.

This is how I recall it happening too. I feel like it was definitely pieced together and the producers scrambled to recreate bits to have them be a united front like when they had Meri pretend it was ALL HER idea and presented it to Kody and Robyn (who could barely contain her glee) that she decided to divorce him, out of the blue, on her own free will.  Sure Jan 🙄

And yeah, the wives were sitting around bitching while they were on their first honeymoon to Hawaii, they still lived in Lehi then, sitting in camp chairs at a picnic, complaining that they all only got a road trip around Utah and Wyoming for a few days for their honeymoon and 11 days was excessive. 

The secret honeymoon after the legal marriage was never publicly acknowledged (and probably passed off as an innocent unrelated holiday to the wives), obviously due to the fact it blows the narrative that it was ‘simply a paperwork shuffle’ and meant nothing.

EC3B5CC6-0258-484F-AF20-205C9A548AFC.thumb.jpeg.22f732dcb3e287de38bcc359383bd2dc.jpeg

It was painfully obvious to all with eyes, the wives struggled and it DID mean a lot and matter, particularly to Meri. The fact she was continuously crying and morose throughout the process of the ‘simple paperwork shuffle’ divorce, meanwhile  Robyn and Kody were waltzing around like smug overjoyed lovebirds at their legal marriage at the courthouse. 

F36D5FBE-4D38-40FF-A9ED-C307573E5589.thumb.jpeg.e98d3613b5b478ce2d9cc8cf29069585.jpeg

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Wasn't Robyn and Kody's first honeymoon In San Diego?

Yep. It had to really sting to see, on national tv, your husband running around the beach with his newest acquisition.

And thanks @Sofa Sloth. That is the article I remember reading.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Wasn't Robyn and Kody's first honeymoon In San Diego?

Yes sorry! I just did some google research as my memory is obviously rusty. So they went to California for first one! Then jetted off to Hawaii after they became legally married in December 2014. Robyn claimed at the time the trip wasn’t a honeymoon, it was instead a trip for her birthday in October (despite the fact they’d just got legally married. Seems legit 🙄)  She also said she saved up her grocery money to pay for Hawaii. Poor DaytonAuroraBreanna, I guess Christine had to feed them for a few months prior, lucky she had all those food stamps to rely on.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And sucking face in public.

Not to mention that Christine had a newborn 😞

My favorite part was the fact that their ‘strict modestly standards’ she even applied to her wedding dress, don’t apply on loved-up holidays. I’m sure post-partum Christine (and overweight Janelle and Meri) were thrilled to watch the fit lithe new wife flaunting her pins on the beach with their husband of nearly 20 years. 

68751161-BBBF-42BE-BBD3-664771B82D04.thumb.jpeg.44a5ec206e3aa7d85ee7782b73aab494.jpeg

Like Meri with the abseiling Mexican trip too, for one so shocked by upper arms cleavage and thighs, we saw waaay too much of her chesticles then (ironically the very thing she blasted Mykelti for once in a modest-by-comparison t-shirt). 

If that was really a tenet of their faith like they claimed, then there are plenty of more modest (and sun safe) swim shirts. They are so full of it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

That photo above looks like Kootie and Queenie's mouths could be interchangeable.  But Kootie has a receding chin next to his lovely number 4, soon to be number 1, wife.  

Modesty, my ass!  Queenie was aghast at having bare arms at their phony-ass commitment ceremony, yet she didn't mind cavorting in a 'normal' swimsuit on the beach on her honeymoon.  I'll never forget the other three women camping and bitching about the newest skank on the beach getting an 11 day trip, when they all got a lot less.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

My favorite part was the fact that their ‘strict modestly standards’ she even applied to her wedding dress, don’t apply on loved-up holidays. I’m sure post-partum Christine (and overweight Janelle and Meri) were thrilled to watch the fit lithe new wife flaunting her pins on the beach with their husband of nearly 20 years. 

68751161-BBBF-42BE-BBD3-664771B82D04.thumb.jpeg.44a5ec206e3aa7d85ee7782b73aab494.jpeg

Like Meri with the abseiling Mexican trip too, for one so shocked by upper arms cleavage and thighs, we saw waaay too much of her chesticles then (ironically the very thing she blasted Mykelti for once in a modest-by-comparison t-shirt). 

If that was really a tenet of their faith like they claimed, then there are plenty of more modest (and sun safe) swim shirts. They are so full of it. 

Omg I cannot stop laughing at this pic! I remember this episode very well since it interspersed the newlyweds frolicking on the beaches in San Diego, learning to surf and copious amounts of PDA with shots of the pissed off three left behind to fume. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Omg I cannot stop laughing at this pic! I remember this episode very well since it interspersed the newlyweds frolicking on the beaches in San Diego, learning to surf and copious amounts of PDA with shots of the pissed off three left behind to fume. 

Yes they were sitting around a campfire with all the kids and the new bonus kids.    I believe that Janelle was the maddest and I believe she didn't speak to him for about 5 days.  As they also filmed Kody talking to the other wives while him and Robyn enjoyed their nice suite.  

Can't remember if it was on this episode or in the book.  The first three wives had a road trip and a night or two in a road side motel for their honeymoon's.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Another failed attempt to make Kootie jealous?  She reeks of desperation.

Kody probably doesn’t give a shit what Meri does as long as she’s off doing her own thing (because he doesn’t have to deal with her). No matter what they film or try to convey to us, you can see in Kodys eyes Meri is just a variable at this point. He just doesn’t care any more. 

As much as I dislike Meri, I don’t know how she can continue on like that, even if it’s for filming  She could seriously empower herself by getting fit, wearing more attractive clothes and completely shunning the rest of those assholes. 

But no. Instead, she lumbers around in Lulano chubby-bag-lady clothes.  It’s just sad, even if she is making good money at it. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Kody probably doesn’t give a shit what Meri does as long as she’s off doing her own thing (because he doesn’t have to deal with her). No matter what they film or try to convey to us, you can see in Kodys eyes Meri is just a variable at this point. He just doesn’t care any more.

Yes. A a humble monogamous world comparison would be that Meri is the first wife Xwife who he has to have a civil relationship with for the sake of the whole family, and she is still accepted just enough to invite her to large family gatherings.  She is tolerated only because of the general connection, not because they all really like her or anything.  You know...all that baggage she brings into a room. 

Monogamous or not, that is exactly what she is.  The xwife who is still part of the whole yet who lives completely independent of it. The whole damn family is nothing more than doublespeak.  They put on a poorly contrived act for the sake of a television show and then put the actuality of it all on social media.  You would think they would want to keep their "brand" unified, but I don't think any of them are remotely that smart.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Yep. It had to really sting to see, on national tv, your husband running around the beach with his newest acquisition.

And thanks @Sofa Sloth. That is the article I remember reading.

Robyn insisted that Kody phone home and Janelle wouldn't talk to him.  If you have the TLCGo app the episode is online.  It's been awhile since I watched though so hopefully it's still there.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah I was just going to say that he's apparently gay, but you ladies beat me to it. 

This is just another little attention-getting teaser Meri is throwing out there to rile up the fan base for the next season.  She is so transparent.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

She is so transparent.

More like stupid. She doesn't seem to realize that you can find pretty much anything about anybody online.  She wants people to think these are boy toys but when you look up their profiles - poof!  There goes the fakery.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

9C27F062-7D61-4F1F-90A0-52B25170B8DC.jpeg

Just keep on stirring the pot Meri while tossing in a little Virtue Signalling while you're at it.

I would be far more impressed if you posted photos of your Sister Wives and their offspring, aren't they all equally your family? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

As much as I don’t care care for Kody, I dislike Meri even more.  She is highly unlikeable to me.  All of these pictures with her male “acquaintances” and faux outrage at people questioning her motives and place in the family is just so pathetic. Janelle and Mykelti’s posts are mind-numbing to me, but Meri’s really are  either mean or sad.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, toodles said:

Robyn insisted that Kody phone home and Janelle wouldn't talk to him.  If you have the TLCGo app the episode is online.  It's been awhile since I watched though so hopefully it's still there.

Oh it's still there. I watched half of it last night but I had to turn it off when they were at the zoo and smarmy Kody was pointing out that lions are "naturally polygamist". 

Gag me. 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 8/31/2019 at 1:33 PM, Sandy W said:

The only acknowledgment that I recall was Robyn "supportively" accompanying Meri and Kody to the lawyers office to sign documents.  She sat there with her jaw set firmly in place while Meri wailed, "what about you (Kody) still on title to my house".  Kody dismissed her concern with a flippant "that will be looked after in a will".  

And I believe that this was the episode where an icy-cold chill went straight down my spine and I realized that Robyn was indeed pure evil, and that she had been planning out this exact scenario probably since the day she found out that this Kody character was gonna be a rich television star who could keep her in Victoria's Secret jammies for the rest of her life.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:01 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

It’s been said a thousand times but this lifestyle is not for Meri. She’s too domineering and controlling to go with the sister wife flow and too bitter, uninvolved and unlikable to establish relationships with the children (that aren’t hers). There’s what? like 19 hundred people in that family and she can’t fulfil her desire for company from within, with anyone except Mariah? Just leave already woman. 

I agree, the lifestyle is not for Meri, but it was just fine and dandy when she was HBIC and lorded her legal wife status over her minions, Janelle and Christine.  It wasn't until Meri brought Stealth Mode Robyn into the fam'ly to placate Kody (look what a great wifey I am!  The three of us are getting old and wrinkly and past our child-bearing years so here's a pretty new skinny plaything for you!  You're welcome, I love you, Honey!) and then Robyn turned her fourth wife status into her very own HBIC dynasty, and Meri faded like yesterday's news.

On 9/1/2019 at 4:39 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

It will be interesting to see the next season play out as it really does appear on social media Meri’s completely checked out of family events. How can they possibly sell us the plyg family together dream, now it’s painfully obvious she’s never there except when filming requires. 

But you all know we'll still be seeing Meri in her bedazzled jean jacket at the beginning of each episode, lying to us that "I believe in living this lifestyle.  It just makes each of us better."  LOLZ.

Also, I wonder how Shajamajo and BlairMichael12 feel about becoming players in Meri's very own little passive-aggressive mind-play?  Shout out to Kody - Meri's followers are more interested in BlairMichael!  Better watch out, Kodester!  Oh, wait - does he even follow Meri on IG?  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14

I can’t wait for this show to go off the air and the TLC money dry up.  I’d be curious to know since so much of their money has been co-mingle in this Brown Family LLC, if Meri would be on the hook with supporting them all with her raggedy leggings monies.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a hideous print.  So what else is new?

Just what I would want to wear to a concert where it's hot, the people are close, and dancing is involved - a shirt made of cheap polyester glued to my skin by a layer of sweat.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2