Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, SuspiciousMind said:

Well, I took two for the team since yesterday evening.  First off, I recently got approved to join Meri's LLR FB page.  The curiosity to see, as you posters have so eloquently described, Meri's "sales technique" was killing me.  Last night, I found myself captivated by a live video (or whatever the hell you call it) that popped up from her page.   The theme, as it were, was "size training" re: LLR's rather interesting sizing.  Meri was driving and some unknown-to-me person was in the passenger seat and they tried to answer sizing questions while 1) Meri was driving in an area she was unfamiliar with so 2) the GPS voice kept interrupting and even with that 3) they missed a correct turn off and 4) I WANTED TO POKE AN ICEPICK INTO MY EARS.  However, a payoff of sorts was had when Meri acknowledged a comment I made on the feed!  Hee!

As for today, I was out and about and saw a LLR pop-up!  I went in and it was pretty much what I thought it would be.  I will say, no one tried to hard-sell me anything, and I actually tried on a dress that fit really well (whatever the style is that's sort of fitted on the top with a fuller skirt).  It was very comfy and cute and the print wasn't one of the hideous ones, but I could not believe the price tag -- $70.00 and the damn thing had an long, ugly, exposed silver zipper down the back.  The salesperson indicated that a lot of people choose to wear the dress backward as well, so it was double the value.  I politely passed and fled.  Oh, there was also a LipSense person there.  Oy.  

I think that dress is one of their most popular styles (Amelia?) and put them on the map, along with their supposedly awesome leggings that fall apart. I admit to being curious about the dress as I've seen people wearing it and it is flattering to various sizes/shapes. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

She's just SUCH an ass....keep fighting with people on twitter, Meri, you old fool. Ugh. Can't STAND her horridness. 

Ironic isn't it that she didn't give consideration to her mother, daughter or family and the possible repercussions they may feel when cavorting with a banana or posting bathtub photos to a person she had never met.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

I think that dress is one of their most popular styles (Amelia?) and put them on the map, along with their supposedly awesome leggings that fall apart. I admit to being curious about the dress as I've seen people wearing it and it is flattering to various sizes/shapes. 

Yes, @Gothish520 - it was the Amelia!  I would likely buy it if I found it in a thrift shop, but I couldn't justify the retail price.  Good comfort and fit and it seemed like it would become a flattering go-to dress for me.  This particular print, anyway!!!  Some were just ... shudder.  Topic?  For those who were wondering, Meri and her buddy Lana are now aboard the cruise ship.  I hope we don't get any seasick live videos ....

Edited by SuspiciousMind
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Ironic isn't it that she didn't give consideration to her mother, daughter or family and the possible repercussions they may feel when cavorting with a banana or posting bathtub photos to a person she had never met.

^^This^^ and so much more ^^^this^^^

consider this liked x10

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It's never, ever going to go away--now matter how deep Meri tries to bury it, forget about it or pretend it didn't happen. 

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

^^This^^ and so much more ^^^this^^^

consider this liked x10

Thank you Roslyn, it just annoys me so much when she jumps onto her high horse and gallops into the fray with righteous indignation.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It's never, ever going to go away--now matter how deep Meri tries to bury it, forget about it or pretend it didn't happen. 

Most people are forgiving by nature, who among us hasn't made mistakes in one form or another.  If she had only admitted her involvement and eager participation, the viewers may have had an understanding of her and what motivated her actions.  Instead she blamed anyone but herself and tried to represent herself as a hero for "protecting the family" from some implied threat.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

cavorting with a banana

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!  I don't know why that just cracked me up!!

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Wait - I don't get this!!  They are in Disney World, right?  Or was that in the past?  Isn't Disney World where that terrible tragedy happened when a little preschooler was eaten by an alligator?  And she made a joke about not finding one?  Maybe I've been cleaning too much today, (and inhaled too many fumes! ha ha)  but this went over my head.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Wait - I don't get this!!  They are in Disney World, right?  Or was that in the past?  Isn't Disney World where that terrible tragedy happened when a little preschooler was eaten by an alligator?  And she made a joke about not finding one?  Maybe I've been cleaning too much today, (and inhaled too many fumes! ha ha)  but this went over my head.

I took it to mean that they had left Disney and went down to somewhere like Ft Lauderdale (or Miami) where a lot of people pick up their cruises. 

20 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Yup it hit me like that too. I just figured it was me being annoyed by Meri, like I am the majority of the time. Apparently seeing one would be a highlight for her.

• Love 2
On January 17, 2018 at 6:41 AM, ginger90 said:

"I've never been Team Pony Tail", -Meri. As Kody wears a pony tail to their 'date'. Lol I guess he wanted to make sure she wouldn't try to make out with him at the end of the night. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

is it me, or is this outfit just wrong? Separately, I guess the pieces are OK--but together, and with boots? Not flattering on Meri's figure, imo. She is cut off with a high waist, and the boots cut her off again. When I looked at some other lulu pics, it just seems to me that while many pieces are just ugly, some OK pieces are just styled all wrong.

Noticed that Meri doesn't wear a wedding ring, even though she still has a "husband."

Edited by Adiba
typo
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Adiba said:

is it me, or is this outfit just wrong? Separately, I guess the pieces are OK--but together, and with boots? Not flattering on Meri's figure, imo. She is cut off with a high waist, and the boots cut her off again. When I looked at some other lulu pics, it just seems to me that while many pieces are just ugly, some OK pieces are just styled all wrong.

Noticed that Meri doesn't wear a wedding ring, even though she still has a "husband."

That outfit is definitely wrong. Personally, the pattern on the skirt is also wrong, even if the style of the skirt is otherwise ok on its own. The skirt's pattern reminds me of really old kitchen tile. I can't quite place the decade, but it's still kitchen tile.

• Love 9

Those horizontal stripes across her chest - just no. 

3 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I can't quite place the decade, but it's still kitchen tile.

We had that tile in black and white in the house in which we grew up that was built in 1950.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

It does? Looks just as stringy, brassy, dull and ragged as always. Her stylist must hate her. 

LOL. Not crazy about the color, but I like the waves. I don't have the greatest hair either, and I know how hard it is to make thin, dry, frizzy hair look good.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Yeah, skirt is dreadful and looks like a floor pattern.  The boots would be OK, just get rid of both shirt and skirt and start over.

Well, it is for 70s night. I actually like the skirt and the boots, thought the skirt is a bit too high-waisted. If she changed to a solid top in a more flattering cut, I think it would look great. But I love retro looks.

Edited by Gothish520
On 2/10/2018 at 11:06 AM, TurtlePower said:

Well, at least she was polite in her response. I'll give her that, she didn't roll her eyes or anything (progress points for Meri!).

But it's no wonder people think this; the footage shown on TLC shows a very unhappy, distant, selfish Meri and a very disinterested, angry Kody. Are the storylines that fake and are they that good at "acting"? She just seems too unhappy in almost every episode. And here she is, still there. 

They flat-out said on a recent trailer that she and Kody don’t have a relationship at this point. So we should just disregard that, I guess. 

Probably their “lifestyle” precludes Meri from fully realizing how much her “marriage” deviates from a normal loving relationship between spouses. I still hope she finds a better life for herself. She seems miserable more than half the time. 

• Love 3
On 2/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, Kyanight said:

A genetic experiment by Dr. Now.  She is transgender and a former Amish member who left her clan and now has a fabulous life.  She is going to say yes to a wedding dress when she meets a stranger and is engaged for 90 days before saying "I Do".  They plan on having two dozen kids and counting them one by one as they go - a kind of educational thing like Sesame Street.  Picture the Count from Sesame Street saying, "One Baby.   Two Babies!   AH HA HA HA!" - as lightning crashes in the background.  One of the babies will be born in the E.R. in a story NEVER told before - EVER!!  And she is also going to give birth to sextuplets and the poor dad will be outnumbered with estrogen.  One of those babies will be a little person - maybe two of them.  When she is pregnant with those sextuplets she is going to gain a TON of weight when she eats 4 large pizzas and two 2- liter bottles of soda every day, so her husband will have to bathe her and supply pee pads and she won't walk anywhere.  This makes Dr. Now very frustrated... but then a psychic from Long Island comes and tells him that this is how it was all MEANT to be.. and that even though this woman is a product of several polygamist Brown Family's genes - she is going to want to find her father's uncle's stepbrother's hairdresser's daughter to see if she is her long lost family.  In the meantime she and her husband are going to enter their brood of kids into glitzy children's beauty pageants in the south and bake elaborate cupcake sculptures that are better than their neighbor's cupcake delights.   The only way they can support the family is by saving reams of coupons and holding up grocery lines for 6 hours while the clerk reads each coupon for expiration dates and scans them.   I think that's it for now..... TLC is still considering adding other interesting concepts - like maybe disguising Tony as a girl and pretending he/she is a gypsy sister that was once a Dateline real life mystery.  Although - come to think of it - it really IS a real life mystery why Mykelti chose him!

This is brilliant!!!! LOVE IT!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

They flat-out said on a recent trailer that she and Kody don’t have a relationship at this point. So we should just disregard that, I guess. 

Probably their “lifestyle” precludes Meri from fully realizing how much her “marriage” deviates from a normal loving relationship between spouses. I still hope she finds a better life for herself. She seems miserable more than half the time. 

I would guess what she MEANS is that they are still Sealed for time and eternity. Cuz we know they are divorced legally. And that they have no emotional, romantic or sexual connection. But -- she's going to planet Kody so she can be with Solomon in eternity. Or something.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Bunkerdown said:

I am happy to admit I haven't watched this season, I just cannot bring myself to do it. These women depress me and Kody makes me dry heave hairballs. I may need to see a doctor about that.

Nope, nope, you're perfectly normal.  Nothing wrong with you.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

"Elegant Night" on the cruise.

I do not think elegant means what they think it means.

Ha!

A sparkly vest (if she insists on wearing one) and more flattering shoes, and she may have been able to pull off "elegant". 

One thing observing all this LuLaNo is making me realize is that, if nothing else, the clothes do look really comfortable. I honestly think that is the biggest draw. But the problem with that is, if one is not in the greatest of shape (and I'm right there with them), then all this stretchy, drapey clothing just makes people look like lumpy couches. Sometimes a bit of structure and weight in a garment is more flattering.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

"Elegant Night" on the cruise.

I do not think elegant means what they think it means.

OMG those shoes!

Could you just imagine a whole shipload of those riotous patterns mingling at cocktail hour, each of them complimenting the others, "you look mahvelllous darling".

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

OMG those shoes!

Could you just imagine a whole shipload of those riotous patterns mingling at cocktail hour, each of them complimenting the others, "you look mahvelllous darling".

This would be quality entertainment!

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I would like to see a group photo from this cruise. I wonder if they are required to only wear LuLaNo.

15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Better wear sunglasses.  Or better yet, that kind you wear to view a solar eclipse.

I know someone on the cruise and these people do NOT need to be prompted to wear LuLaNo. In fact, my FB feed is often inundated with what she's currently wearing. It's never, ever good. 

And yeah. with all those prints/patterns/colors, better take your anti-seizure meds with those eclipse shades while you're at it. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

OMG those shoes!

Okay so she at least looks happy. I always thought Christine was the pretty one but at least Meri is trying out some styles I guess. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Bunkerdown said:

Okay so she at least looks happy. I always thought Christine was the pretty one but at least Meri is trying out some styles I guess. 

I will agree that that she is trying out some new styles, her hair is 100% improvement and she does seem to have a genuine smile in the photos taken when she is away from the rest of the family.  With the exception of the movie night with Sol and Kody and when she is out on LLR biz., she appears downright miserable.

• Love 8