Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I have a friend who makes quilts out of T-shirts, so I thought the leggings might be quiltable.  But if the fabric is so think that merely putting them on makes them rip, that's another thing.

I wonder if the wild patterns help hide the fact that if the fabric is actually that thin it's probably see-through as well?  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Um, I am a quilter and so far in my quilting arena, no one has even mentioned the word LuLaRoe.  Will be interested to see if this eventually becomes a trend. It would take some doing, with stabilizers, etc.  Probably not happening.  Anyone else a quilter?

You can quilt with anything.  I am around people who quilt with fibers, objects and even stones and twigs!  And they are beautiful.

I am not a quilter but I love going to the quilt shows.

This was the band that played at the commitment ceremony.  She was their groupie for about a year after that.  She followed them all over the country for awhile.  She sent these gushy high school tweets about how much she loooooooved them.  That stopped when the catfish came along.  Mswc has/had their music too.

I'm hanging my head that I know this.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

You can quilt with anything.  I am around people who quilt with fibers, objects and even stones and twigs!  And they are beautiful.

I am not a quilter but I love going to the quilt shows.

Yes of course you can but none of the folks in my quilting community have ever mentioned this. Only a few have tackled t shirt quilts which require extra work because of the stretchiness of the knits. Several do art quilts and use non traditional fibers. None has mentioned using Lularoe and no one I've seen wears them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, toodles said:

This was the band that played at the commitment ceremony.  She was their groupie for about a year after that.  She followed them all over the country for awhile.  She sent these gushy high school tweets about how much she loooooooved them.  That stopped when the catfish came along.  Mswc has/had their music too.

I'm hanging my head that I know this.

nooooo.....you are kidding me! So much second hand embarrassment! 

I can't get over this legging stuff. I live in NYC, and have never seen luluroe once. It looks super tacky. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

BandGirl doesn't look good on a 45+ woman, Meri. Plus that video/song sucked.

BandGirl does not have dancing skills.   I am thinking she would look the same whether she was 21 or 51.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lightbeam said:

nooooo.....you are kidding me! So much second hand embarrassment! 

I can't get over this legging stuff. I live in NYC, and have never seen luluroe once. It looks super tacky. 

All true.  Maybe they were paying her to promote their band, I don't know.  But she had a major lurve affair going on for awhile.  But I found it curious that we stopped hearing about this band (until now) when the catfishing started.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

Meri is in the new VanLadyLove music video.  That chair dancing at 3:07 WOW

I like Merri's hangdog "duh" face at 1:50, too.   What the hell is this video supposed to BE?

And can someone explain what the hell the name "VanLadyLove" is about, please?  It's like the WORST band name ever.   

• Love 5

So I've watched parts of the video two times. Does the band get money for me watching?  In the parts I saw they were very modestly dressed so perhaps that is their attraction to Meri.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I'm curious about this video but I haven't watch -- it could be like the movie The Ring. 

That's what I'm afraid of...you watch the video, and suddenly LLR leggings show up in your mailbox along with a case of green goo, a STRIVE membership, and lots of unexplained charges on your credit card.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, Jel said:

Ah, Toodles, you're taking me down memory lane. 

Sam Cooper.  Those were some PTV good times :)

Yes, indeed.  As far as I know, Meri did not carve the band name into her body and cry copious tears over her boy band obsession.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That's what I'm afraid of...you watch the video, and suddenly LLR leggings show up in your mailbox along with a case of green goo, a STRIVE membership, and lots of unexplained charges on your credit card.

LOLOLOLOL!  It is a frightening thought, for sure!  

I belong to a FB local yard sale group. Someone posted a stack of 12-15 lularue leggings, selling as a lot. I wonder if Meri saw this what a customer of hers, what her reaction would be. Hurt? Curious as to why? Or laughing all the way to the bank? 

(edited)

I don't belong to Meri's facebook group but is this how she sells her items?  Does Meri possess a charismatic personality?   I have fallen down the lularoe rabbit hole and these videos give me anxiety.  Also, $55 for these pajama looking things????!!!!!  I don't understand this.

https://www.periscope.tv/Ki

Edited by lettsjetts
  • Love 1

Holy crap, I couldn't watch that shrieking girl for more than 30 seconds before I had to mute it off.  And then she started smothering the lens with hideous prints.  It was making me seasick so had to bail.  And people BUY that stuff??

• Love 2
On 3/6/2017 at 11:43 PM, Love2dance said:

That is exactly what happened to my friend's LLR's. But she didn't realize it until she was at work and and a co- worker pointed out "I see France." She didn't leave her cubby the rest of the day. 

Where do you guys work that Leggings are permitted?

On 3/30/2017 at 7:35 PM, CofCinci said:

The LLR prints would look great on little girls - like toddler to about 6.

I was about to say that, they look like Health Tex matchy matchy outfits I had in the early 70's. Size 6X, lol.  All the LLR stuff to me looks either like children's clothing or old-lady frumpwear.  I do NOT get the appeal. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/5/2017 at 11:09 AM, Ocean Chick said:

Can you imagine a quilt full of vagina satanic Chihuahuas and Stephen King clowns?  Oh, the nightmares you will have....

Present for you: 

IMG_2257.JPG

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/5/2017 at 5:16 PM, Galloway Cave said:

BandGirl doesn't look good on a 45+ woman, Meri. Plus that video/song sucked.

I really couldn't watch the whole thing (the music was not my thing and it looked really dumb and silly), so I FF to Meri's part. What in the hell was her role? And she just looked like was wearing regular clothes. The first flash of her, she is sitting there with a dumb smile on her face, she looked very amateur. And what the hell was that "chair dance"? Just waving her hands around and then turning her chair to face the other way? Do you think it was choreographed <heh>?

Is the cosmic thing about her religious belief afterlife? Creepy.

Edited by jellywager
Questioning Meris role, not her roll. LOLZ
  • Love 1

@jellywager I think her chair dance was only choreographed insofar as they said "Act like you're really enjoying the music". This caused her to remember the lyric "Put your hands in the air and wave 'em like you just don't care". Everything that followed was the result of those two things. I'm certain that Meri thinks she's "hip" because she has two of them. And because she lives in her own little bubble world she doesn't realize this does not make her special, since everyone (except the most unfortunate among us) has two.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2017 at 1:41 PM, lettsjetts said:

This is where it all started for Ms. Meri Brown!  Oh my goodness, at 3:47 look at them convincing Meri that she looks good in that mustard vest! Meri knows she looks ridiculous but they keep pushing it on her, now here she is 8 months later selling it!  Daaaaaang.

https://www.periscope.tv/KiraTuiaki/1dRJZrjQrAMJB?

Re watching this video I am pretty sure that is Meri's sister with her.  This was in Lehi 8 months ago. What I see in this video is Meri looking very unsure of herself and the cute and cool girls feeding her ego and telling her how wonderful she looks. I can now see why she loves this group so much, it gives her a sense of sisterhood.   She seems like such a sad woman to me. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

Re watching this video I am pretty sure that is Meri's sister with her.  This was in Lehi 8 months ago. What I see in this video is Meri looking very unsure of herself and the cute and cool girls feeding her ego and telling her how wonderful she looks. I can now see why she loves this group so much, it gives her a sense of sisterhood.   She seems like such a sad woman to me. 

yup that's Rebekah, she sucked Meri into the LLR black hole.  

Meri's done live sales right before her sister's, she talks her sister up during her entire sale where Meri can average anywhere from 45-180 viewers, encourages everyone to switch over to "Red Hot Lularoe" afterward.  

Rebekah usually has 8-25 viewers, the times I've bothered to peek in, even with all that touting by her sister.

Yesterday I went to a street fair. There was a LLR booth. At least 200 pieces of clothes. None the same pattern. It looked like strips of random fabric remnants.  All ugly as sin!  It was empty, no customers.  I wonder if a C list celebrity such as Meri was there if traffic would of increased. 

• Love 1
On 4/9/2017 at 5:53 PM, DakotaJustice said:

yup that's Rebekah, she sucked Meri into the LLR black hole.  

Meri's done live sales right before her sister's, she talks her sister up during her entire sale where Meri can average anywhere from 45-180 viewers, encourages everyone to switch over to "Red Hot Lularoe" afterward.  

Rebekah usually has 8-25 viewers, the times I've bothered to peek in, even with all that touting by her sister.

I would seriously like to know how much money those two are pulling in. I caught Rebekah's live sale once and there were like 5 viewers during that time. I can never seem to get Meri's live sale. I think the last one Meri attempted, she got booted off by facebook. Not sure if that has been fixed.

Edited by Rainflower
2 hours ago, Rainflower said:

I would seriously like to know how much money those two are pulling in. I caught Rebekah's live sale once and there were like 5 viewers during that time. I can never seem to get Meri's live sale. I think the last one Meri attempted, she got booted off by facebook. Not sure if that has been fixed.

She got booted from live sales because of her insistence of playing copyrighted music in the background. 

• Love 5

@DakotaJustice LOL. WOW! Really? That makes her even more stupid than I thought. You know she was given warnings about doing that and chose to continue doing it, anyway. Her single brain cell must be lonely indeed. Maybe that's why she's so drawn to Kody: they each have one brain cell. And, as we know, one is the loneliest number.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Present for you: 

IMG_2257.JPG

At first I thought this was supposed to be a tribute to Mexico's Day of the Dead.  Then I realized it was really mimes.  Dear lord, is there no END to LLR's villainy and evilness?

• Love 9

I mean, I get that there's no real way to make mime pants look good, but do they have to make them look quite so bad? That blue and brown mustard color? 

The sharpie marker stripes?  Is the mime wearing a turtle neck?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I mean, I get that there's no real way to make mime pants look good, but do they have to make them look quite so bad? That blue and brown mustard color? 

The sharpie marker stripes?  Is the mime wearing a turtle neck?

Why do they even have to make them? Seriously nobody likes mimes. Nobody looks good with mines crawling out of their backsides either.

• Love 9

Has anyone read the new Life & Style article about the Browns?

According to the source, Robyn's BFF Kendra Pollard, "Kody has been fawning all over Meri recently because her business selling LLR clothing is doing very well".

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Has anyone read the new Life & Style article about the Browns?

According to the source, Robyn's BFF Kendra Pollard, "Kody has been fawning all over Meri recently because her business selling LLR clothing is doing very well".

Some problems with that thesis. First, we know MLM's don't make the consultants money unless they're recruiting people. Second, it seems pretty clear that Meri is not recruiting anyone. Third, Kody can't fawn all over anyone other than himself. And finally, Kendra's a well-debunked "source" whose statements should be taken with container-ship-sized doses of salt. (It's to prevent infection.)

• Love 8
On 4/12/2017 at 2:33 PM, ginger90 said:

LLR Mommy and Me.....Meri's house must be overflowing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSxp6I6jWLG/

It's bad enough that grown women walk around in demented chihuahua or possessed clown leggings.  But to make a child wear that?!  Those children can't dress themselves!  They are going to grow up thinking that pink and blue polka-dots go well with green/yellow giant horsefly striped pants.  When will the madness end, LulaRoe?

Seriously, though...if I saw a mother/daughter walking around wearing coordinated LLR outfits, I think I'd just laugh.  

That said, when does the men's line come out?  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

It's bad enough that grown women walk around in demented chihuahua or possessed clown leggings.  But to make a child wear that?!  Those children can't dress themselves!  They are going to grow up thinking that pink and blue polka-dots go well with green/yellow giant horsefly striped pants.  When will the madness end, LulaRoe?

Seriously, though...if I saw a mother/daughter walking around wearing coordinated LLR outfits, I think I'd just laugh.  

That said, when does the men's line come out?  

I'd like to see Mr. Asshat Brown wearing those ugly-ass prints!

• Love 2