Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

At the time of Mariah's birth, they were SuperFLDS. She thought she was disappointing her husband -  in reality she let her daughter down.  Nearly everyone in that family will benefit from cutting Kody out of their lives. 

• Love 6

Robyn is an idiot. In regards to Meriah being gay:

“I don’t know — they could sit there and be ‘sister wives’ without the guy! That’s kinda how I see it,” she said, making an emotional Meri laugh.

Thats not how this works. Meriah and her wife would just be spouses. Wives. Not Sister Wives. Sister Wives would share one central person, correct? Meriah would have to become the Kody *gag* and then marry two women who were each only into Meriah, but not each other, to be Sister Wives, correct?

why does Robyn need to insert herself into everything, and how has Meri not murdered her by now?

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah, Robyn.  Mariah and her future partner will be "sister wives."  Sister wives who have sex.  I think they are more commonly referred to as "lesbian couples" but if calling them "sister wives without a guy" makes you feel better, whatever. 

Except they are insistent that Sister Wives don't get it on with each other. Unless they've changed their minds about that, too.

Robyn does realize that lesbian does not mean platonic best friend, correct? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah, Robyn.  Mariah and her future partner will be "sister wives."  Sister wives who have sex.  I think they are more commonly referred to as "lesbian couples" but if calling them "sister wives without a guy" makes you feel better, whatever. 

Scissor Sister Wives --- coming to TLC Fall 2019.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Robyn seems to think and act as though she is "head wife". The other three seem to allow it (at least during filming). Is that part of "keeping sweet"? I wish one of them would turn to her and say just STFU Robyn!

She is the head wife and has been for a long time.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Robyn seems to think and act as though she is "head wife". The other three seem to allow it (at least during filming). Is that part of "keeping sweet"? I wish one of them would turn to her and say just STFU Robyn!

Seriously! It's like Robyn explains it all every episode. 

Someone needs to tell her to take a seat.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Scissor Sister Wives --- coming to TLC Fall 2019.

At some point tonight I will hear a noise and wake up or need a drink of water or need to go to the bathroom and I will break out laughing when I remember this post by you, Cinci.

Thank you. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, zenme said:

Yeah, and during the wet bar scene, the way Kody went to speak and Robyn just "shushed" him with her hand. That was annoying.

I thought that gesture was very telling about their relationship. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

*eyeroll*

It always amuses me when people - usually narcissists - wield Twitter like it's some sort of weapon or shield. Who cares, Meri.

Some random person tweets about a person they saw on TV, probably forgot they tweeted five seconds later, but you are so powerful because you can BLOCK them from your lives. Guess that makes up for losing all power in your marriage and displaying it on national TV.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, zenme said:

Yeah, and during the wet bar scene, the way Kody went to speak and Robyn just "shushed" him with her hand. That was annoying.

Oh, that was a small and very telling moment.  Robyn owns Kody, and the other wives absolutely know that they have to be simperingly nice and tolerant of Robyn in order to try and stay in Kody's good graces.  It's really gross, especially when Robyn inserts herself into family things that she wouldn't know anything about because she wasn't there.  But if any of the others pipe up that maybe Robyn is overstepping herself, they've just insulted Kody's Legal Wife and Baby Maker.  So they sit there and listen to Robyn blather on and on and on.  Then they probably go home and hit the secret wine stash or make peanut-butter Fritos.

As for Meri having always wanted a son...yes, she already has Logan, Hunter, etc.  But that's a polygamist's mindset.  Meri is a monogamist who is living polygamy.  She proves this with each passing episode.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

*eyeroll*

It always amuses me when people - usually narcissists - wield Twitter like it's some sort of weapon or shield. Who cares, Meri.

Some random person tweets about a person they saw on TV, probably forgot they tweeted five seconds later, but you are so powerful because you can BLOCK them from your lives. Guess that makes up for losing all power in your marriage and displaying it on national TV.

She must spend the day blocking people then.

But really, some people can't even handle constructive criticism. They have a little world of minions and "block" anyone who challenges or questions them. If I were on twitter she'd probably block me as well because at this point, it seems like Mariah is hanging on to this to be mean. 

• Love 1

From what Meri has shown this and in previous seasons, she's quite a handful.  Maybe, she really does have some deep issues, but, if so , therapy doesn't seem to have much of an impact, except for encouraging her self absorption.  I don't see how blaming Kody and Robyn for being open minded, tolerant and happy in life is productive, as it relates to Meri.  It seems that she's resigned to her misery.  You can't make someone feel a certain way.  

Meri ignores constructive advice, turns everything around to be about her, repeats the same things over and over without saying much of anything and never seems to progress in her development.  I find it quite frustrating.  

I do think that Mariah needs to get past the Catfishing issue and move on.  That's part of her immaturity as Robyn pointed out. I wonder if Meri was more mature and genuine, she could move past it, WITHOUT Mariah's permission.  You can't change how others feel, but, you can control yourself.  I would bet she's been explained that in therapy for at least a year.  She's so resistant.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I am another snarker who can't believe that I'm going to say this about Meri but here goes~I wish that Mariah had talked to Meri (and possibly Kody) and told her first and privately before she told the other three wives. My heart actually hurt for Meri because of the look on her face when Mariah broke the news to all of the adults at the same time. Meri looked stunned and I know she had no clue that Mariah was gay, especially when she told herself that Mariah didn't date because of her commitment to her studies. Mariah had to know that. Did she choose to let Meri know in that way because of her anger over the catfishing? If so, that was not cool at all as one had nothing to do with the other. Also, Mariah just because you came out does not mean you are required to wear your version of the "uniform" (the backwards hat). Just be you, not your interpretation of what a lesbian should look like.

Truley performing the wedding for Sol and Robyn was just too precious. I even liked Robyn in that scene.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

why does Robyn need to insert herself into everything, and how has Meri not murdered her by now?

It looks, to me, that lately Meri has been ASKING for Robyn's presence/advice. Before going on her trip, she asked Kody to meet her at Robyn's. That was all her idea. In this episode, Meri stated plainly that she WANTED Robyn there for mediate with her and Kody. I haven't ever really liked Robyn, but I haven't really seeing her inserting herself lately, but Meri wanting her to be there. For whatever reason, she DOES seem to be able to translate for Kody and vice versa. She also seems most willing/allowed to tell him to shut up and listen for a minute. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I can think of a few reasons she's there.

• The wives know that Kody will not go off, scream, yell, blow them off, whatever in front of other wives.
  • Conversations between one wife and Kody aren't recorded unless part of the script and she wanted it recorded. Multiple wive/Kody conversations are recorded by the cameras.
  • Kody and Robyn were  the most vocal about the Catfish being a lesbian. She may have been trying to either find out why they were now fine with it. (Or, my secret hope, she was trying to get on camera how hypocritical they are.).
  • She trusts Robyn because she's apparently the authority on gay people as she knows people who are gay. (I don't buy that one for a second.)
  • Now that Robyn is the legal wife, all potential questioning of Kody must take place in front of her.

I would love to love to have been a fly on the wall when Mariah saw Kody say "We're not happy Mariah's gay; we're happy Mariah knows herself." That didn't seem to be what he told her. Or at least what Meri heard him say when she questioned he and Robyn.

The thing about Mariah just telling her mom first seems to have some downsides to me.  It seems that Meri is just so hesitant, uncommitted, confused, trying to figure it out, etc........that it would have been a long waiting game to get a reaction from her.  At least with the others she got some immediate feedback.  To me, Meri would have had to mull it over for a few months to figure out how she felt about it, how she was going to digest it, where her feelings were, etc.  I can imagine that all that mulling is exhausting.  Plus, I think Mariah must have sensed that Meri would not have been happy to hear the news.  And she was right. 

• Love 5

Yes, Meri would have claimed to need time to think it over, and then when she finally got back to Mariah she'd say  that she had "thought about the idea of mulling it over." Get back to her in 6 months. 

• Love 5

I'm not sure you can expect an immediate reaction when you tell a parent some important news. My nephew came out as gay about five years ago and his parents were honest in saying they loved him but would need a few days to have everything sink in. They are the most supportive parents in the world and never said anything negative-but they just didn't know. People react to things differently. Personally, I think that big announcements of any kind should be told to the bio mom and Kody before involving others. After all, it is easier for the others to give a knee jerk response-it's not their child and not their only child. I think Meri and Mariah will be fine-but only after Mariah quits worrying about Meri sexting the catfish and they both try to move on. 

• Love 4

Sniff sniff "I'm not comfortable sitting here"...at the effin' wet bar of her dreams...that she insisted on getting...that tagged on other rooms in the package deal...where she cries over being lonely  in an empty house.

Can't make this shit up...

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

Sniff sniff "I'm not comfortable sitting here"...at the effin' wet bar of her dreams...that she insisted on getting...that tagged on other rooms in the package deal...where she cries over being lonely  in an empty house.

That whole scene was so weird.  Kody can't sit on the couch because that's where they have all of their talks (okay...huh)?  Meri doesn't want to sit at the wet bar because she wasn't comfortable there (the chair wasn't comfortable?  Kody was sitting in "Sam's" chair?  Who knows).  And behind them is yet another place to sit - the kitchen table - where Robyn suggested they sit but Meri pouted that Kody didn't wanna sit there.  Literally, in that one huge room alone, there were probably 23 places to sit.  But none of them were "right" for Meri.  It was one of those rare times of watching Sister Wives that I had to blink my eyes and ask myself if I was dreaming the crazy or actually watching it.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That whole scene was so weird.  Kody can't sit on the couch because that's where they have all of their talks (okay...huh)?  Meri doesn't want to sit at the wet bar because she wasn't comfortable there (the chair wasn't comfortable?  Kody was sitting in "Sam's" chair?  Who knows).  And behind them is yet another place to sit - the kitchen table - where Robyn suggested they sit but Meri pouted that Kody didn't wanna sit there.  Literally, in that one huge room alone, there were probably 23 places to sit.  But none of them were "right" for Meri.  It was one of those rare times of watching Sister Wives that I had to blink my eyes and ask myself if I was dreaming the crazy or actually watching it.

Are we talking about Meri or Sheldon from BBT?

• Love 6

Here is my thought on the where to sit question-OMG!  JUST SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!! 

This is a big, fat hairy deal?  Really?  REALLY????   Can you tell I have no patience with stupid shit like this?  

If I'm involved in this type of conversation (which I call Is this a life altering decision?), I will give people about five seconds to decide.  Where to go for lunch, do you want coffee, where should we sit etc. fall in to this category for me.

This is not a life altering decision.  Five seconds, people.  That's all I gave them before turning the channel.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

"Sam's chair"...just make  sure it's vegan & if he doesn't want to sit there apologize a million times via voicemail  for upsetting the poor  soul  ?

I didn't know if "cold" meant the central air was too high over there...or what. At least they didn't have to walk through the French door to fig-r it out.

Meri should be using that wet bar every chance she gets. Like LuLaRoe Live...from the wet bar.

Then the scene about who is sitting where & parked in a certain vehicle color  order at Brian Head. Meri telling people they have to move.

I still need someone other than Robyn to help me understand that. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, toodles said:

This is a big, fat hairy deal?  Really?  REALLY????   Can you tell I have no patience with stupid shit like this?  

If I'm involved in this type of conversation (which I call Is this a life altering decision?), I will give people about five seconds to decide.  Where to go for lunch, do you want coffee, where should we sit etc. fall in to this category for me.

This is not a life altering decision.  Five seconds, people.  That's all I gave them before turning the channel.

Coffee please...with like 3 Xanax to get through the seating process without saying "will you just sit your ass down without any tears about it"

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 4

Coffee please...with like 3 Xanax to get through the seating process without saying "will you just sit your ass down without any tears about it"

But just think about the amount of time added to the episode with these shenanigans.  TLC loves this kind of shit;  they need to extend the time for the ad dollars.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sista Snarky said:

Then the scene about who is sitting where & parked in a certain vehicle color  order at Brian Head. Meri telling people they have to move.

I still need someone other than Robyn to help me understand that. 

I almost forgot about that. That was Level 9 Weird. Gurl has issues.

• Love 2
On 1/9/2017 at 4:14 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

*eyeroll*

And it actually wouldn't stop anyone saying stuff.  If she has learned nothing else she needs to learn people can have many twitter handles.  Or FB accts.

11 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meri can't sit facing Kody.  THAT was what it was about.

She immediately turned herself in the chair, facing Robyn...NOT Kody.  She then turned her head as far as she could with her hair in her face (blocking her face from the cameras).  She doesn't want the camera face on to catch her facial expressions/emotion etc, and she does NOT want to face Kody's cold caveman eyes boring into her.

Meri is about Meri.  Every subject is about Meri's perception and "feelings" about that subject.  However it's the same with Kody.  Every subject comes back to him, his perception, how it aligns with his beliefs.  Since Kody and Meri are only talking about their own perceptions of Every. Single. Subject. Neither one of them can look at 1.)the subject as a whole or 2.) the other persons perception.  It's a constant battle of the sames, THAT is why Robyn fits in the interpreter role.  She has the ability to see Kody's point of view, she can see Meri's point of view and since both people will listen to Robyn, that is why they really need her between them constantly.  It's also why Kody insists on only talking "deep talks" with Meri when they are with Nancy the Wonder Therapist.

• Love 16
On 1/8/2017 at 6:53 PM, zenme said:

I adored that moment. So quick and so practiced, so parental, so puppet-masterish--and Kody actually kept his yap shut. He may still be tolerating that kind of BS right now, but someday that patented "shut up, Kody" touch is going to go way sour.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Meri can't sit facing Kody.  THAT was what it was about.

She immediately turned herself in the chair, facing Robyn...NOT Kody.  She then turned her head as far as she could with her hair in her face (blocking her face from the cameras).  She doesn't want the camera face on to catch her facial expressions/emotion etc, and she does NOT want to face Kody's cold caveman eyes boring into her.

Fascinating.  You're right, I did notice Meri's hair cover her face but didn't think too much about it.  What I did notice was the strategic placement of Robyn between Meri and Kody.  I think this was also the placement in the living room when Meri was telling everyone about the catfish situation.  And thinking back to the last tell-all (LOLZ), Meri was directly across from Kody and seemed highly uncomfortable, as if it was a struggle to look him in the eyes.  These two can't even sit facing each other in freaking marriage counseling.

Wow, I'm really starting to understand just how deep the dysfunction runs between Meri and Kody.  Meri's constant use of a human shield between herself and Kody is very telling...I'm just not sure what it means.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Fascinating.  You're right, I did notice Meri's hair cover her face but didn't think too much about it.  What I did notice was the strategic placement of Robyn between Meri and Kody.  I think this was also the placement in the living room when Meri was telling everyone about the catfish situation.  And thinking back to the last tell-all (LOLZ), Meri was directly across from Kody and seemed highly uncomfortable, as if it was a struggle to look him in the eyes.  These two can't even sit facing each other in freaking marriage counseling.

Wow, I'm really starting to understand just how deep the dysfunction runs between Meri and Kody.  Meri's constant use of a human shield between herself and Kody is very telling...I'm just not sure what it means.

After watching the scene again just now...I also noticed 2 strategically placed bottles of green goo (on the kitchen counter) visible  over Meri's left shoulder.  ?

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, toodles said:

You are my best friend forever.  But I think five seconds is too much time.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Meri is about Meri.  Every subject is about Meri's perception and "feelings" about that subject.  However it's the same with Kody.  Every subject comes back to him, his perception, how it aligns with his beliefs.  Since Kody and Meri are only talking about their own perceptions of Every. Single. Subject. Neither one of them can look at 1.)the subject as a whole or 2.) the other persons perception.  It's a constant battle of the sames.

Every pot has a lid, I guess.  Meri and Kody deserve each other.

On the good news side, I guess we won't have any Meri and Kody "Lover" tweets.  Just....gross.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, toodles said:

Every pot has a lid, I guess.  Meri and Kody deserve each other.

One the good news side, I guess we won't have any Meri and Kody "Lover" tweets.  Just....gross.

If Meri is this unpleasant at age 45, she's going to be positively unbearable at 65. 

I predict that as soon as the show is over, Kody and the other three wives will bail on Meri, and the kids including Mariah will keep their distance. Because legally, Kody has no obligation to take care of Meri and it's pretty clear, at least to me, that religion has very little to do with their lifestyle at this point.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

If Meri is this unpleasant at age 45, she's going to be positively unbearable at 65. 

I predict that as soon as the show is over, Kody and the other three wives will bail on Meri, and the kids including Mariah will keep their distance. Because legally, Kody has no obligation to take care of Meri and it's pretty clear, at least to me, that religion has very little to do with their lifestyle at this point.

They're still legally bound on the deed on Meri's house, but he sure seems to be done with the drama at that end of the compound.

• Love 1

Several have mentioned that Meri is a monogamist in a polygamist marriage.  But what would she be like in a monogamist marriage?  Would she want total attention from her husband?  Would she be jealous of his friends and interests outside of her?  Would her child suffer from her need to control things?  I think Meri would be just as irritating in a monogamist marriage.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri and Janelle are endgame - OTP.  It is why they are going to counseling.  The sister wives are trying to learn how to become friends -- only out of necessity.  They will end up as old maids together, like Janelle's mother and Kody's mother.  Janelle has 3 out of her McMansion.  It is almost empty.  Meri's wet bar is mostly dry these days.  Kody and Meri will sell (or lose) their shared home.  Meri will move in with Janelle.

Robyn is nearly out.  Christine finally wins Kody (what a prize).  Janelle and Meri become Golden Girls 2.0.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Several have mentioned that Meri is a monogamist in a polygamist marriage.  But what would she be like in a monogamist marriage?  Would she want total attention from her husband?  Would she be jealous of his friends and interests outside of her?  Would her child suffer from her need to control things?  I think Meri would be just as irritating in a monogamist marriage.

I agree with this. I think Meri is just a very needy person, in general. She may have fared BETTER in a monogamist marriage, but I still think she would be a pill. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just read this and thought of Meri right away. 

http://www.scarymommy.com/thats-enough-lularoe/

From the article: "If anyone needs me, I’ll be deleting myself from LuLaRoe group hell again and raising my Jamberried middle finger to their overpriced leggings."

HILARIOUS. I remember the same shit with Jamberry and those things SUCKED. So glad I've been off FB so I can avoid whatever the next stupid trend is.

• Love 1

Ya I just don't see the attraction. LLR doesn't offer fleece lined options - it's WINTER even here in California it gets cold.

And like the author says - who really wears these out of the house anyway? Oh I'm sure there ARE people who DO but i couldn't wear them to work nor are they for working out. To me they're clothes for sitting on the couch in front of the TV and eating.

• Love 2