Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Polygamous Cul-de-Sac

Message added by Scarlett45

I  understand the fear, concern, heartbreak, and stress in this current situation. I ask that we please remember the politics policy. Keep politics, political references, and political figures (past and present) out of the discussion.

Stay safe and healthy. 

• Start Topic

On 5/19/2022 at 2:12 PM, Teafortwo said:

I ordered 10 bananas from Instacart at 79 cents each. The shopper brought 10 bunches of 5 bananas each! LOL and I only got charged $12.95 instead of the $8 it would have cost for 10.

In 2020 when I first started doing Instacart I ordered 5 single bananas and got 5 big bunches for the price of 5 bananas.  I made a ton of banana bread.  Then I heard on the news that everyone was home at that time making banana bread.  It was supposedly a thing back when people were in Covid lockdown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If it’s the same person, I wonder if they would be deterred from stealing, if you put out fake packages…..some empty, some filled with trash, old clothes you no longer want, etc,  If they got several fake packages that they had to take to the trash, maybe they’d get tired of no reward and move on to another neighborhood.  You could wait until the fake packages stop getting picked up to know the coast is clear. 

Reading this post made me think of this video of an ingenious way a guy got revenge on his porch pirates.

• LOL 7
(edited)

I gave 30 bananas to my neighbors. The 8 or so left of the 20 I kept for myself got super ripe by today. I made banana bread! It came out pretty good- despite the fact that in doubling the ingredients I forgot I was using a tablespoon and accidently added 3x the amount of basking soda the recipe called for. I'm sharing some with friends tomorrow morning.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 6

Could I get input on a dress I’m considering wearing to a morning high school graduation?  It’s one of my best friend’s son.  It’s outside and will be hot. Will be sitting for at least 2 hours.  I don’t have a hat, but might buy one before Saturday.  I’ve thought of dress pants, but am not sure.  I haven’t been to an outdoor graduation in a long time.  Guest will be sitting on the lawn in chairs.  

https://www.amazon.com/OUGES-Womens-V-Neck-Pattern-Floral-8/dp/B07B8J1V1T/ref=sr_1_14_sspa?crid=28C6KOIHMSS79&keywords=BluE%2Bmaxi%2Bfloral%2Bdress&qid=1653622960&sprefix=blue%2Bmaxi%2Bfloral%2Bdress%2Caps%2C63&sr=8-14-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMDVDRlJTTFRaQUhBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDk5MDA1MjRaVldWN0tFOTFKMSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzI0NDgyMUFRTEZJQkgzQ0I5RCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1&psc=1

This isn’t my dress, but it’s similar in style and length.  

• Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I like it, but you should really consider getting a hat to protect from the sun. I especially like that it has pockets!

Thanks.  Mine is actually a prettier medium blue color.  I got it last year, but not from Amazon.  

Maybe, I can find a hat.  I’ll wear sun screen for sure.  And, maybe we can find some shade to sit, but I doubt it.  I will have to wear flat sandals, though. I have a knee injury and wouldn’t dare try heels. Plus, there’s quite a walk from the parking area,  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Could I get input on a dress I’m considering wearing to a morning high school graduation?  It’s one of my best friend’s son.  It’s outside and will be hot. Will be sitting for at least 2 hours.  I don’t have a hat, but might buy one before Saturday.  I’ve thought of dress pants, but am not sure.  I haven’t been to an outdoor graduation in a long time.  Guest will be sitting on the lawn in chairs.  

https://www.amazon.com/OUGES-Womens-V-Neck-Pattern-Floral-8/dp/B07B8J1V1T/ref=sr_1_14_sspa?crid=28C6KOIHMSS79&keywords=BluE%2Bmaxi%2Bfloral%2Bdress&qid=1653622960&sprefix=blue%2Bmaxi%2Bfloral%2Bdress%2Caps%2C63&sr=8-14-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMDVDRlJTTFRaQUhBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDk5MDA1MjRaVldWN0tFOTFKMSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzI0NDgyMUFRTEZJQkgzQ0I5RCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1&psc=1

Ohmigosh that dress is beautiful!!!! I want one also! Definitely wear it, it’s so pretty. 

If you cannot find a nice hat, perhaps a parasol and sit in a way it won’t interfere with anyone’s view. I used to have a Japanese one and it was so fun to use (until it broke).

Quality, fashionable “pretty woman” hats are hard to find. Good luck in your search — sometimes goodwill and Savers have surprises, if you can get to a thrift store. 

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I love it!  It reminds me of a dress I got in 2008 in a mini-makeover I won at my local Macy's with Clinton Kelly, the stylist from "What not to Wear" and more recently "The Chew" and other FN shows.  I don't still fit it, but I still have it and all the clothes I got in that makeover.  It's a classic, timeless style.

What are you wearing for shoes?  I wore my dress with low rattan/cork wedges.  I agree about a hat.  I actually just saw some really cute (and cheap) sunhats at Walmart!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5

Trying to shop today is problematic. We’re having severe storm warnings all day, including tornado watch, heavy rain, hail, strong winds, etc. Just a mess and not a day to be driving around town.  

• Love 3
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I love it!  It reminds me of a dress I got in 2008 in a mini-makeover I won at my local Macy's with Clinton Kelly, the stylist from "What not to Wear" and more recently "The Chew" and other FN shows.  I don't still fit it, but I still have it and all the clothes I got in that makeover.  It's a classic, timeless style.

What are you wearing for shoes?  I wore my dress with low rattan/cork wedges.  I agree about a hat.  I actually just saw some really cute (and cheap) sunhats at Walmart!

I just looked at the Walmart site to see what I can pick up today….I’ll probably just go in and check.  I’ve read any weave in the hat is not good, because the sun gets through.  I’ll find something.  

Shoes are an issue, because I have knee injury (also planter fasciitis) and I’ll likely have to walk a ways from the parking lot.  So, it’ll be a rather low sandal.  Probably, a a natural color with rose gold trim.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Well I am jealous of that experience.  Both Mr lookeyloo and I loved What not to Wear.  I still try and keep some of the tips in my head.  "It doesn't have to match, it just has to go" - "color, pattern, texture, shine" "dress for the body you have", etc.  Don't always comply but its there.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I’d pay $5 lolz

out of curiosity: Would you still spend $5 if Meri was to gain anything from it?🤔

NB I should probably confess to being one of those idiots who bought their book ages ago and thus actively contributed to their “wealth” and fame… 

yeah, I’ll show myself out….sorry guys😜

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

out of curiosity: Would you still spend $5 if Meri was to gain anything from it?🤔

NB I should probably confess to being one of those idiots who bought their book ages ago and thus actively contributed to their “wealth” and fame… 

I bought the Kindle version.  You're in "good company!"  (as we hang our heads in shame.)

• LOL 6
12 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Well I am jealous of that experience.  Both Mr lookeyloo and I loved What not to Wear.  I still try and keep some of the tips in my head.  "It doesn't have to match, it just has to go" - "color, pattern, texture, shine" "dress for the body you have", etc.  Don't always comply but its there.  

LOL, I have those tips tattooed to my brain.  Mr. Yeah No and I both watched the show too.

It was a great experience, but just before I had a smart phone and taking photos wasn't easy or I'd have gotten a photo of myself with Clinton.  I did get his autograph on a copy of the book he and Stacy did together, though.

It was the door prize of a fashion show he did on petite fashions.  They had part of the department set up with chairs and a mini-runway where models strutted up and down while Clinton described their outfits.  The audience was so packed with women it was standing room only after a while.  I get sad thinking about it because stuff like that just doesn't happen anymore.   Now that petite department is a shadow of its former self and the clothes are nowhere near as nice as they were back then.  

Did you know that in 2019 TLC announced a reboot of the series starring both Stacy and Clinton but then we had a pandemic and nothing ever came of it?  And I can't find anything on it online either.  Separately I read that there was some kind of unexplained bad blood between Stacy and Clinton culminating in Stacy unfriending Clinton on SM.  But there isn't any info. on that online either.  It's sad because they're rebooting everything under the sun but not that.  I would understand if the pandemic put the kibosh on it, though.  A lot of stores have closed in NYC and women are dressing super casual these days and breaking all the former rules.  It's kind of anything goes these days.  I find myself feeling overdressed in jeans, a nice casual top and casual shoes!  Women are walking around in athletic wear 24/7.

• Useful 6
10 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Can you all imagine a What Not to Wear episode featuring Meri? That would be something to watch!

Hahaha, you just KNOW I've been imagining that episode in my head for well over a decade now!!!

I could just see Stacy making cracks about her painted-on jeans making her thighs look ginormous, and the "whiskering" near the crotch doing her no favors, LOL.  At least she seems to have stopped wearing those jeans, although what she's replaced it with isn't much better.

She would have made a shocking reveal, I'm sure.  She is like one big fashion "don't".  It would have been satisfying to see her possibly learn something from the experience.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

LOL, I have those tips tattooed to my brain.  Mr. Yeah No and I both watched the show too.

It was a great experience, but just before I had a smart phone and taking photos wasn't easy or I'd have gotten a photo of myself with Clinton.  I did get his autograph on a copy of the book he and Stacy did together, though.

It was the door prize of a fashion show he did on petite fashions.  They had part of the department set up with chairs and a mini-runway where models strutted up and down while Clinton described their outfits.  The audience was so packed with women it was standing room only after a while.  I get sad thinking about it because stuff like that just doesn't happen anymore.   Now that petite department is a shadow of its former self and the clothes are nowhere near as nice as they were back then.  

Did you know that in 2019 TLC announced a reboot of the series starring both Stacy and Clinton but then we had a pandemic and nothing ever came of it?  And I can't find anything on it online either.  Separately I read that there was some kind of unexplained bad blood between Stacy and Clinton culminating in Stacy unfriending Clinton on SM.  But there isn't any info. on that online either.  It's sad because they're rebooting everything under the sun but not that.  I would understand if the pandemic put the kibosh on it, though.  A lot of stores have closed in NYC and women are dressing super casual these days and breaking all the former rules.  It's kind of anything goes these days.  I find myself feeling overdressed in jeans, a nice casual top and casual shoes!  Women are walking around in athletic wear 24/7.

I didn’t know about the potential reboot but I did know about the bad blood thing but don’t know why.  I used to say if I ever won the lottery I would use it to hire them to do my own personal episode. Because of course they would come running!!  But nice fantasy 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I could just see Stacy making cracks about her painted-on jeans making her thighs look ginormous, and the "whiskering" near the crotch doing her no favors, LOL. 

"whiskering" is a great way to describe it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Hahaha, you just KNOW I've been imagining that episode in my head for well over a decade now!!!

I could just see Stacy making cracks about her painted-on jeans making her thighs look ginormous, and the "whiskering" near the crotch doing her no favors, LOL.  At least she seems to have stopped wearing those jeans, although what she's replaced it with isn't much better.

She would have made a shocking reveal, I'm sure.  She is like one big fashion "don't".  It would have been satisfying to see her possibly learn something from the experience.

Meri’s jeans would have been fine had she gone a size (or two) up and had an inch longer inseam. Just because one can get the jeans on doesn’t mean they *fit*. But, maybe she couldn’t size up as they only go up so far. 

I wear those types of western jeans (Miss Me, Rock Revival, Cowgirl Tuff). If they don’t go on and button easily, they will make me look like a sausage — even though I’m not overweight, there’s still displacement and squishing of flesh  which is a bad look. 

I’m guessing Meri was (is) more like a 16-18 trying to stuff herself into a 14, the upper end of sizes in those cowgirl style designer jeans. Most designers like Miss Me and Rock Revival stop at size 34 (14-ish depending on fit). 

What Not to Wear would probably stop me due to my bejewelled jeans, but I like the cowgirl vibe. Everyone in SE NM wore them, I saw women in those jeans every time I went out. I miss it and refuse to give up my cowgirl jeans. I’ve never seen a soul wearing them on Long Island. Out here it’s leggings and Uggs (which I also have). 

Meri still wears clothes too small for her. It looks terrible and gives off a vibe of sad desperation, not confidence. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I didn’t know about the potential reboot but I did know about the bad blood thing but don’t know why.  I used to say if I ever won the lottery I would use it to hire them to do my own personal episode. Because of course they would come running!!  But nice fantasy 

I love your fantasy.  I was a huge fan of the show myself.  Never won anything either so it was an amazing surprise.  I also found it amazing that Clinton picked things out for me that (thanks to the show) I was drawn to anyway.  I got $500 worth of clothes at the lowest discount price for each.  I was 49 years old and a size 8.  Oh how I wish I wore a size 8 now!  At least I still have the memory!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri’s jeans would have been fine had she gone a size (or two) up and had an inch longer inseam. Just because one can get the jeans on doesn’t mean they *fit*. But, maybe she couldn’t size up as they only go up so far. 

I wear those types of western jeans (Miss Me, Rock Revival, Cowgirl Tuff). If they don’t go on and button easily, they will make me look like a sausage — even though I’m not overweight, there’s still displacement and squishing of flesh  which is a bad look. 

I’m guessing Meri was (is) more like a 16-18 trying to stuff herself into a 14, the upper end of sizes in those cowgirl style designer jeans. Most designers like Miss Me and Rock Revival stop at size 34 (14-ish depending on fit). 

What Not to Wear would probably stop me due to my bejewelled jeans, but I like the cowgirl vibe. Everyone in SE NM wore them, I saw women in those jeans every time I went out. I miss it and refuse to give up my cowgirl jeans. I’ve never seen a soul wearing them on Long Island. Out here it’s leggings and Uggs (which I also have). 

Meri still wears clothes too small for her. It looks terrible and gives off a vibe of sad desperation, not confidence. 

I agree that the problem with Meri's "sausage casing" jeans was the size but also the style was not flattering for her figure type.  She probably should stick to darker shades in a straight leg, not boot cut, and nothing too skin tight.  One thing WNTW taught me is that not every trend is right for you and you have to pass on some of them.  I remember during my shopping spree with Clinton he asked me if there was any look I wanted to wear but was afraid to wear or didn't know how to wear and I told him wide leg jeans, which were a huge trend at that time.  Being short, they scared me because whenever I tried them on they made me look ridiculous.  Well I don't know how he did it, but he picked out the most fantastic wide leg jeans ever for me.  

I am LOL thinking about Long Island and your cowgirl jeans.  I wouldn't give up my look either, so I get it.  Interestingly I think Long Island is in a bit of a time warp when it comes to certain cultural things due to being isolated from the rest of civilization.  And that's not a criticism because sometimes I think that's a good thing.  But I haven't seen anyone wear Uggs for years now, so that's interesting that they're still wearing them out there.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree that the problem with Meri's "sausage casing" jeans was the size but also the style was not flattering for her figure type.  She probably should stick to darker shades in a straight leg, not boot cut, and nothing too skin tight.  One thing WNTW taught me is that not every trend is right for you and you have to pass on some of them.  I remember during my shopping spree with Clinton he asked me if there was any look I wanted to wear but was afraid to wear or didn't know how to wear and I told him wide leg jeans, which were a huge trend at that time.  Being short, they scared me because whenever I tried them on they made me look ridiculous.  Well I don't know how he did it, but he picked out the most fantastic wide leg jeans ever for me.  

I am LOL thinking about Long Island and your cowgirl jeans.  I wouldn't give up my look either, so I get it.  Interestingly I think Long Island is in a bit of a time warp when it comes to certain cultural things due to being isolated from the rest of civilization.  And that's not a criticism because sometimes I think that's a good thing.  But I haven't seen anyone wear Uggs for years now, so that's interesting that they're still wearing them out there.

Yeah I’m not sure what Long Island makes of me and the bling jeans. Sometimes people ask where I got them (out west where the rodeo look is a thing). Theres a strong horse culture out here but it’s mostly English riding — no rodeos that I’ve seen, not like we had out west. 

Uggs are making a strong comeback. Celebrities have been wearing them lately, especially in winter. I have some tall, gray Bailey Button Uggs I thrifted and wear with skinny jeans and a sweater. The boots are actually cute and quite warm. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Just an update…the graduation (NC School of Math & Science) was splendid. The weather was perfect…sunny but not too hot.  We got seats under a tent and no direct sun.  It was very emotional and exciting.  My friend’s son worked very hard. Memories of holding him as a baby kept coming into my mind.  My, how the years fly by.  Those young people have so much to offer.  I believe they can make this world a better place. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 15
On 5/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, LilyD said:

From what I read somewhere???   They didn't really make that much money from the sale of their books.

I think at the Expo in St. George they sold more of their books than anything.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2022 at 6:33 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I bought the Kindle version.  You're in "good company!"  (as we hang our heads in shame.)

Luckily my public library only bought one copy for 1.6 million citizens.  I had to wait on hold for a few months, but it was worth it not to enrich them more than that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 5/28/2022 at 1:39 PM, TurtlePower said:

Yeah I’m not sure what Long Island makes of me and the bling jeans. Sometimes people ask where I got them (out west where the rodeo look is a thing). Theres a strong horse culture out here but it’s mostly English riding — no rodeos that I’ve seen, not like we had out west. 

Uggs are making a strong comeback. Celebrities have been wearing them lately, especially in winter. I have some tall, gray Bailey Button Uggs I thrifted and wear with skinny jeans and a sweater. The boots are actually cute and quite warm. 

We have that strong horse culture here in CT too.  Horses everywhere.  We have neighbors that own them.  Stables and English style riding academies are all over, including the governor's horse guards.  I love it.

Although I have to admit I've never been a fan of Uggs.  Just something about the way they look.  Plus they wouldn't look good on me, I know that.  I always loved Frye boots when those were a trend back in the '70s.  I wish those would come back.  I also love cowboy boots if done right.  I used to wear those too.  And my very favorite, riding boots.  I still have some in my closet from the last time they were a thing.  I'm definitely a boot gal in the Winter.  I wear short booties now from October to April, but these days I feel overdressed around here in anything but sweats, leggings and athletic shoes.  Not that I give into that completely, though.  Gotta be me!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I'm wearing a pair of Ugg slippers I got online, on sale.  They are truly the most comfortable and durable slippers I've ever owned.  They are red and I call them my ruby slippers a la The Wizard of Oz Dorothy.  Great quality.  My winter boots are Ugg wannabes, that look good but were less expensive than the real thing.

• Love 7

I love my Uggs!  My feet hurt all the time due to the nerve problems from my back, and the Uggs don't press on the tops of my feet. 

My favorites are the Tasman style. They're slip on, and more of a shoe look. I also love the plain mini boots, and have a few different colors; one is even waterproofed. I do have a few of the taller boots, but don't wear them as much (I don't know why).

I usually only wear them in the coolest months. I can't stand when my feet are hot, it seems to make the rest of me hot. In the warmer months, I tend to wear my husband's ugly, plastic, slipper slides. With socks. I'm such a fashion plate!

I always get Uggs during the huge Xmas sales. Dillards online can have crazy low prices sometimes, and also Tractor Supply online. (So can ebay- new not used).

I have some of the Koolaburra's, but the quality difference is noticeable. I have a Bear Paw brand mid-boot, and those have lasted for over 15 years. The brand Lamo is really good, too. I have a couple of their mini-boots. I laugh at their name because I read it as Lame-o, though I know they meant Lamb-o.

All you didn't want to know about sheepskin boots!

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I bought myself a pair of Koolaburras (owned by Uggs) and I bought my teen niece a pair of Bear Paws at the same time.  Hers were nicer.  But I don't own any Uggs, so the Koolaburras are ok.

I do want a pair of Uggs, but maybe some that are not so Ugg-ly.  See what I did there?

Like these:

image.png.10d1ca7a32239c0c7c8c64da021920cf.png

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I have a pair of Uggs that are slip on/slide style. I can't stand full shoes/boots. They are black leather lined with fleece and are very comfy for Winter.  2.5" thick heels are just perfect for slogging out in the snow to clear off my satellite dish in the Winter. Found them at a thrift shop years ago and they are still going strong.

I was looking at Amazon and don't see anything like them there, or on the Ugg site. They are definitely Uggs the tags inside say Ugg® and Ugg® is cut into the sole. Wish I could find them again. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm wearing a pair of Ugg slippers I got online, on sale.  They are truly the most comfortable and durable slippers I've ever owned.  They are red and I call them my ruby slippers a la The Wizard of Oz Dorothy.  Great quality.  My winter boots are Ugg wannabes, that look good but were less expensive than the real thing.

“Ruby Slippers” I love it!!! 😋 

I have a pair of Skecher winter boots that look just like Uggs, they’re black suede leather with a cute button detail on the side, they’re easily the most comfortable boots I’ve ever worn, like walking on air.

• Love 6

Uggs sound wonderful.  I need extra arch support due to a foot issue I have. Do they have that option?   

I have one foot that’s already feeling funny. I’ve been on them a lot. My injured knee is holding up ok though!   This has been a big week. I saw the Lumineers in concert Tuesday night (sang Hey Ho) attended graduation ceremony Saturday and attended the Herbie Hancock concert last night.  I wasn’t that familiar with him, but it was quite impressive.  He’s 82 years old and touring!  In the heat!  It was a great night. Except, I almost hit a deer on the way home!  Close call.  Then a huge opossum ran in front me!  Be careful out there.  Wildlife seems to be thriving around here.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I have a pair of Uggs that are slip on/slide style. I can't stand full shoes/boots. They are black leather lined with fleece and are very comfy for Winter.  2.5" thick heels are just perfect for slogging out in the snow to clear off my satellite dish in the Winter. Found them at a thrift shop years ago and they are still going strong.

I was looking at Amazon and don't see anything like them there, or on the Ugg site. They are definitely Uggs the tags inside say Ugg® and Ugg® is cut into the sole. Wish I could find them again. 

I was snooping on the Nordstrom site last night and saw some UGG slip-ons on SALE… not sure if this is what you meant.. they come in different colors too.

I took a screenshot from Nordstroms site.

DD2C0C75-5D5E-4850-A0F1-A46598392023.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was snooping on the Nordstrom site last night and saw some UGG slip-ons on SALE… not sure if this is what you meant.. they come in different colors too.

I have either a Target or Costco knockoff of these.  I love them.  I guess my feet can't tell the difference!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Uggs sound wonderful.  I need extra arch support due to a foot issue I have. Do they have that option?   

I have one foot that’s already feeling funny. I’ve been on them a lot. My injured knee is holding up ok though!   This has been a big week. I saw the Lumineers in concert Tuesday night (sang Hey Ho) attended graduation ceremony Saturday and attended the Herbie Hancock concert last night.  I wasn’t that familiar with him, but it was quite impressive.  He’s 82 years old and touring!  In the heat!  It was a great night. Except, I almost hit a deer on the way home!  Close call.  Then a huge opossum ran in front me!  Be careful out there.  Wildlife seems to be thriving around here.  

Ugg says their footbeds conform to your feet and give you support, but I haven't experienced that at all. I do have an extra high arch though. I guess you could add an insert? 

Oh wow, the Lumineers! And Herbie Hancock! You've had some excellent adventures!

Whoa, I'm so glad you didn't hit the deer! Scary. My mil and I took my sil to the airport at 3am on Sun, and on the way home we saw so many deer of all sizes, but they behaved and stayed away from the road. Sadly, I did hit a cardinal. It flew straight into the car's grill and bounced up and off the windshield. I still feel sick about it, though there was nothing I could do.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I have the closed shoe of those, but they unfortunately don't make them any more. 

The most I've ever paid for a pair is $80, including shipping, and I felt that was too high. (But I did it anyway, because birthday present 😆)
 Poshmark is also a good place to find brand new Uggs. You just have to spend time scrolling, scrolling, scrolling to find the cheaper ones. You can set filters for your size, brand, and even price range, which helps a lot. You must carefully read the listings though.
  I recently ordered Ugg rain boots from Poshmark for $25. (My goodwill rain boots somehow developed a split just above the sole, so I had to toss them)

18 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Does the tag inside yours have the style numbers? We might be able to find which ones you have from that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ugg says their footbeds conform to your feet and give you support, but I haven't experienced that at all.

I've read several articles over the years about Uggs and like type footwear.  Foot doctors said these are not good for feet if you are going to walk very much in them.  Probably great for students or office workers/other employees who sit most of the time.  I would love to have a pair but not going to drop that kind of money.  Even the Bear Paw's are a little on the high price end.  I would guess they are probably great if you live where it is colder a good part of the year and wan't to keep your feet warm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Not for everyone, I know, but my most comfortable and ugliest pair of shoes are Birkenstocks.  I got a pair of the real ones from QVC over 25 years ago and they are still in great shape.  I don't wear them in the rain, just in summer, no socks.  It took a while for the cork to conform to my foot, and I was pretty sure I was going to send them back and then one day I put them on and wow, Pretty perfect. I've known people that just can't wear them.  I got a knock off pair and those weren't great at all.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Thanks @Joan of Argh. Mine are actual shoes not slippers. They probably don't even make them any more, I've had them for years and years.  The tag inside says Ugg s/n5368. I've scrolled through pages and pages of photos of Ugg shoes/slippers and nothing matches them sadly.

I will have to take good care of them...

• Useful 5
5 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Thanks @Joan of Argh. Mine are actual shoes not slippers. They probably don't even make them any more, I've had them for years and years.  The tag inside says Ugg s/n5368. I've scrolled through pages and pages of photos of Ugg shoes/slippers and nothing matches them sadly.

I will have to take good care of them...

Oh wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen an UGG slide on shoe, now I’m really interested in tracking down your unicorn!  😋

sounds like a great idea and I love slip ons when I’m in a hurry, be a pity if they quit making them.

• Love 5

If I had a whole lot of money ($500) I'd love a pair of Charlotte Olympia smoking slippers with a cat motif.  I've never even tried them on, but they're so cute!

My ruby slippers are nice.  Speaking of Birkenstocks, I splurged on a pair of Heidi Klum bejeweled sandals years ago.  They've lasted a long time, and I still wear them now and then.  They're very comfortable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

baj3vqweRVmxXWFY0BB64w_thumb_4f6.thumb.jpg.245015278a2e981581812cdfcac9775d.jpg

Kind of embarrassed at how dirty they are. Like I said they are my trod in the snow shoes. I've worn the fleece off at the heels and they are scuffed but then they are well over 20 yrs old. Still comfy though.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

If I had a whole lot of money ($500) I'd love a pair of Charlotte Olympia smoking slippers with a cat motif.  I've never even tried them on, but they're so cute!

My ruby slippers are nice.  Speaking of Birkenstocks, I splurged on a pair of Heidi Klum bejeweled sandals years ago.  They've lasted a long time, and I still wear them now and then.  They're very comfortable.

oh my gosh I've never heard of them and they're are so freaking cute!

I might have to start saving up and get a pair for with my jeans, not sure how I'd choose the colour because they all look amazing  😋

I got a pair of Skecher cat slippers from one of my kids for Mother's day and I've been living in them. (at home of course, not out and about in public)

cat slipper.jpg

Edited by Dustbunny
pic
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Not for everyone, I know, but my most comfortable and ugliest pair of shoes are Birkenstocks.  I got a pair of the real ones from QVC over 25 years ago and they are still in great shape.  I don't wear them in the rain, just in summer, no socks.  It took a while for the cork to conform to my foot, and I was pretty sure I was going to send them back and then one day I put them on and wow, Pretty perfect. I've known people that just can't wear them.  I got a knock off pair and those weren't great at all.

My surgeon told me to stop wearing them before my first knee surgery.  Apparently they aren't good on the knees.  But they are great for plantar fasciitis, and they were comfortable.  But I have severe knee issues, so no more Berks.  (and yes, my knee issues are really "severe", and I DO go to PT regularly, unlike BME)

Edited by CalicoKitty
to add more info
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

My surgeon told me to stop wearing them before my first knee surgery.  Apparently they aren't good on the knees.  But they are great for plantar fasciitis, and they were comfortable.  But I have severe knee issues, so no more Berks.  (and yes, my knee issues are really "severe", and I DO go to PT regularly, unlike BME)

Just my luck…I have plantar fasciitis and a torn meniscus on right knee. 🥴 I haven’t tried Birkenstocks though.

• Love 1