Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Now

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

This was a bit slower, but I liked it. I'm liking this season so far.

Totally called Maggie being pregnant.

The Doctor and Tara have potential for dorky cuteness.

The teen actors are all so bad, except maybe the girl who left.

I like Aaron but I thought his random involvement with Maggie was weird. Shouldn't he be with his boyfriend? Also, he had nothing to do with what happened to Glen, right?

There a are more Alexandrians left  that I thought there would be.

I guess next episode we won't know what happened to Gleen, either. *grumble, grumble*

Yeah, I thought that too, but I also think Aaron and Maggie work well together as BFFs.  I hope we see more scenes of them bonding.

I don't know shit about agriculture, but exactly what value would alfalfa bring to Alexandria?  They all get sprout in their wraps?

This episode was a little slow, but I thought it was valuable in seeing the Alexandrians finally come to the realization of their own mortality.  I like knowing for sure that Maggie is pregnant.  It was nice seeing the love connections between Tara/Denise and Jessie/Rick.  Next week's episode with Abraham, Sasha, and Daryl all on their own looks to be an exciting one.

Edited by eejm
  • Love 4

I feel a bit cheated, we didn't even get to see how Rick made it out of the RV.

Yeah, that was strange, unless they circle back to it in another episode.  Which I doubt, because it would only make sense to do that if Rick connected with another outside the wall character on his way back, and we know he didn't,

Not my fave ep either, though I liked the bits with Tara and with Maggie & Aaron.  It's hard to care about the Alexandrians because most of them probably won't be around for much longer.  It's frustrating to see everyone just standing around watching the herd at the walls, I guess Rick was thinking Sasha/Abe/Daryl would return and lead them away? 

I too would rather have seen Rick with Carl than Ron.  Just some weird setups here.  Deanna's wanting to live bit was interesting, though her banging on the wall at the end was not really smart.  Maybe she's going to go over the edge and take them all on herself.

Edited by raven
  • Love 2

Michonne was seen at the very beginning talking the Maggie about Glenn and that was it.

Carol was name dropped but I don't think she was seen at all. The same with Judith.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 7

So where was Michonne, and the 2 Alexandria guys? They must not have made it back yet. I hope that the fact that they are behind the herd means that they can help lead them away somehow. The shouting at the gate to be quiet was just...no self-awareness there Rick. There is almost nothing to discuss, because very little happened. We didn't even get to see Carol, Morgan, Judith. Come on, who is watching her Rick when you run around getting some?

They made it back. Michonne to Maggie about Glenn not answering. The injured guy (Scott?) was Dr. Denise's patient. I don't remember seeing Heath.
  • Love 2
Can we call Spencer "Food Dick"?

I prefer Gate Dick. But he's definitely a dick all around. "Hey, stop taking all the food! We have to share!" ---- "Okay, they're gone. Now it's alllll mine!"

NO.  NOO.   NO NO NO!!!!  and Maggie just giving up on Glenn???????

I don't think she gave up. She took his name off the wall. But I think she just realized she couldn't risk her baby, because if he was dead, that's all she has left of him.

• Love 5

So where was Michonne, and the 2 Alexandria guys? They must not have made it back yet. I hope that the fact that they are behind the herd means that they can help lead them away somehow. The shouting at the gate to be quiet was just...no self-awareness there Rick. There is almost nothing to discuss, because very little happened.  We didn't even get to see Carol, Morgan, Judith. Come on, who is watching her Rick when you run around getting some?

Michonne was shown telling Maggie about Glenn.

Scott is recovering from his GSW in the infirmary.

Heath wasn't shown, guess he was helping gather corpses somewhere in ASZ.

• Love 2

Michonne was seen at the very beginning talking the Maggie about Glenn and that was it.

Carol was name dropped but I don't think she was seen at all. The same with Judith.

i saw Carol briefly during the outdoor scene where Rivk is briefing the peoe who remain.
  • Love 2

They made it back. Michonne to Maggie about Glenn not answering. The injured guy (Scott?) was Dr. Denise's patient. I don't remember seeing Heath.

AHHH, I must have missed it.  Yes, when they have a big meeting at the gate, I would expect all the regulars to be there. They should be arming everyone and telling them, if you encounter a walked to aim for the head. 

• Love 3

Carol is in a giant helium blimp with Judith, who is shattering walker skulls left and right by pooping acorny death down upon them. While wearing tiny goggles.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7

My head!canon is that Jessie is Rick's transition woman between Lori and Michonne. I think he's scared shitless of much he really cares about Michonne so he's settling on someone for the moment who he doesn't really have much feeling or attachment too at this point.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Maggie being pregnant...Good job Glenn and Maggie. Guess she doesn't remember the stupidity of Lori's pregnancy in ZA.  Sigh.

I never really picked up on a Rick/Michonne vibe before, other than comrades in arms. Carl seemed to be drawn to her as a surrogate mom, though.

• Love 10
Were there any previous mentions of extreme impending food storage?

It did seem to come out of nowhere. And, sorry, but they just lost half their town to the Wolves. So people should be able to double up on the chocolate!

• Love 8

The sick guy in the hospital bed: shouldn't he be in restraints? In case he dies and then turns? Shouldn't there be some precautions in place.

After Denise gets done talking to Maggie and goes back to her patient and he's .....gone. Uh oh walker on the loose on the inside.

• Love 5

Carol is in a giant helium blimp with Judith, who is shattering walker skulls left and right by pooping acorns down on them.

Hahaha! Well at least someone is doing something about those Walkers!

Seriously, why wasn't someon trying to do something about the Walkers. They didn't have any pigs to use for a distraction??

• Love 2

I never really picked up on a Rick/Michonne vibe before, other than comrades in arms. Carl seemed to be drawn to her as a surrogate mom, though.

And that's fine. That's why I made it clear it was my head!canon. No one else has to go along with me :) if they don't see it.

• Love 4

The sick guy in the hospital bed: shouldn't he be in restraints? In case he dies and then turns? Shouldn't there be some precautions in place.

After Denise gets done talking to Maggie and goes back to her patient and he's .....gone. Uh oh walker on the loose on the inside.

Naw, he's totally fine because Denise.....drained the wound! What a concept! For this she needed an epiphany?

• Love 7

I think Tovah Feldshuh looks pretty decent for 62, but she'd look better with 5 or 10 more pounds on her. I always complain that Hollywood's current demand for women to be stick-thin really works against older actresses.

It's not like the hair has ever made sense on this show, but am i supposed to believe that Jessie's been helping Deanna maintain that nice color job?

Sorry, I don't have anything to say about the actual episode because it suuuuucked. I'm super pissed that we're no closer to any answers about Glenn.

• Love 14

I wonder if they had some kind of emergency protocol in place for how rationing would work during a city emergency, and whether it was necessary to follow that system or not, in this particular case.

Maybe Olivia's way of dealing with pressure was to try to put all personal emotions aside and become soup nazi.

Edited by CletusMusashi

Of course the kid refused to come down. He knows Jessie's cookies aren't as good as Carol's. Duh.

At first I was surprised that Spencer was actually being reasonable at the food store and then he turns out to be a drunk and a thief. Figures. These Alexandrians can't do anything right. They can't even kill themselves correctly. At least Nicholas shot himself in the head-- he just should have just done it much, much earlier. And Deanna is already acting zombie-like while still human. Greeeeaaat. How much more obvious is it that they're all going to be zombie chow?

• Love 8

Given that ASZ is populated mostly by knuckleheads, it's probably wise of CDB to not be handing out guns to everyone. They'd be shooting at shadows and agitating the hell out of the herd next to the gate.

I didn't see blood on the wall at the end; it looked like a stress fracture was starting.

Not my favorite episode, but it did have some nice character moments. I liked the explanation for why Maggie was starting out to look for Glenn, because that was making no kind of sense to me up until that point. Aaron will make a most wonderful uncle. And huge cheers for Tarise!

• Love 2

I think Tovah Feldshuh looks pretty decent for 62, but she'd look better with 5 or 10 more pounds on her.

I don't remember her looking quite so worn when we first met her.  My guess is she's being made up (or down) by the show to look more aged & depressed after her losses.

• Love 19

Oy. Rick and Jessie together is odd given the circumstances. He killed her husband days ago and her sons are clearly traumatized by the event. The pacing on this one seems a bit odd. Actually, the pacing on the whole episode seemed odd. No Carol, no Michonne, no Carl/Rick interaction. Way too Alexandrian centered, none of them are very interesting. 

I am not here for Deanna's nonsense. Someone put her out of her misery already. 

Uh, just an idea, can't they use that sewer exit to go out and thin the walker herd. Alternatively, it would be a lovely way for some Wolves to sneak in. 

• Love 14
I think Carol and Carl are finishing up that casserole.

They realize they are going to have to save the day and are loading up on carbs.

Plus, they're probably exhausted from saving the day last time. It's hard to be a pimp.

• Love 8

Regarding the blood seepage through the walls, I thought it was coming from the skulls of the Walkers whose skeletal systems are becoming so fragile their bones break easily and their heads explode from being pressed against the wall by the horde.

On that note, the sewer walkers were decayed at such an extent they shouldn't have been able to move, right? A body needs muscle in order to move. Are we eventually going to see "Jason and the Argonauts" skeletons fighting the living?

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 21

For the record, Michonne is my girl and I would rather see her with Eugene than with Rick.  That said, I thought Rick and Jessie were much better than expected.  I don't she's his transition woman or he's her transition man.  I think there are real feelings.  I'm not entirely sure how or where those feelings came about but they seem real.  Jessie is becoming more interesting all the time.  Shame about her kids though.

Maggie broke my heart tonight.  I knew Glenn shouldn't have burnt that photo.  I also knew she was going to say she's pregnant.  I hope the show knows what it's doing with this Glenn business and if/when he returns, they better do it right.

• Love 2

Blah reaction to Glenn not making it back, whether he's dead or not. I felt for Maggie, but no reaction from say Tara?

That was a boring resolution to the cliiffhanger of Rick and the RV.

• Love 10

One of the big problems is that the Alexandrians have been primarily relying on canned and leftover good from "runs". In their time there, there never bothered to make small gardens and stuff like that. I bet that they all were waiting for the military to show up at some point and everything would be back to normal. This was like FTWD.  

• Love 7
Although, the best line of the night was definitely when the dude told Spencer to go back to watching the gate. BURN. 

Haha!  "BURRRN!" is what erupted from our couch when that happened.

I did like how the son of a Congressman could work out that they couldn't let people panic and raid the pantry, but then secretly raid it yourself.  I thought Deanna should have slapped him around a bit and told him to never admit anything.

Overall it was boring, but I liked Carl shrugging off pissant Ron.  Ron sure cared about Enid, amirite?  Rick looked super hot in this episode, and I don't have any hostility about Jessie.  Get it, Rick! 

I see most folks really like Denise, but her whiny anxiety irritates the hell out of me.  "Waaah, I don't want to have to do anything.  I just want a read a book."  Fuck you, Denise.  She sucks like the rest of them.

Jessie needs to send Carol to have a talk with Sam.  Come downstairs or get tied to a tree, son.

• Love 12

Sorry, I don't have anything to say about the actual episode because it suuuuucked. I'm super pissed that we're no closer to any answers about Glenn.

The longer it takes for them to let us know what happened to Glenn, the more I think he's alive somehow.

I see most folks really like Denise, but her whiny anxiety irritates the hell out of me.  "Waaah, I don't want to have to do anything.  I just want a read a book."  Fuck you, Denise.  She sucks like the rest of them.

This. Can't stand her.

Edited by ToniG
  • Love 8

Even though Spencer's "Where were you?" was a great comeback, I did snicker a little bit at "Oh, go lock a gate!"

Plus, neither line was 12 minutes long, so that probably made it the best partial scene of the entire episode.

Of course, once the speechiness kicked in, feh, enough already.

Carl shoving Porchdicklet down would have been better, but he had such as easy shot to kick him in the nads afterwards and didn't bother.

Socially, Carl made the correct decision. But I personally would have been far more entertained the other way.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5

his was like FTWD.

I had similar thoughts and that is not a good thing. IMO, everything that was supposed to be important or things that I was worried about two episodes ago, were either glossed over, or not addressed at all. It's lazy fast forwarding.

I just do not care about the Alexandrians, except for Aaron and the shrink, which is only because it's the wonderful Merrit Weaver in the role. I care/felt more about the the people at Woodbury be it empathy, rage, or just plain horrified. I'm apathetic towards Alexandria to the point of boredom.

• Love 4

He killed her husband days ago and her sons are clearly traumatized by the event.

This is why it's weird to me.  Rick's hot and Jessie's cute, I get the physical attraction, but there's some major selfish behavior going on with them right now. Rick not checking on his kids, Jessie appearing to disregard hers, no checking the perimeters after the attacks, it just seemed off to me.

• Love 15

Ho hum. We knew Maggie was pregnant, we knew Rick & Jessie would hook up eventually, we knew the Alexandrians were stupid and would act like whiney, petulant children. Then there was Deanna, Spencer and Ron doing random stuff for no identifiable reason. Add to that Maggie suddenly not being able to fight off walkers - what was that about?

As for Aaron's boyfriend, I was beginning to think he got killed and I missed it. I mean, when was the last time we even saw him?

• Love 10

Add to that Maggie suddenly not being able to fight off walkers - what was that about?

\

I was yelling at the screen, "WTF, show?? Since when is Maggie unable to fight off a walker after she became badass last season??"  Seriously, that pissed me off.

• Love 16

I was yelling at the screen, "WTF, show?? Since when is Maggie unable to fight off a walker after she became badass last season??"  Seriously, that pissed me off.

It goes with the theme of Glenn getting trapped in an alley, and Michonne leaving him behind.

• Love 7

As for Aaron's boyfriend, I was beginning to think he got killed and I missed it. I mean, when was the last time we even saw him?

Eric was among those gathered in the clinic when Denise was trying to save the blond girl after she was slashed by a Wolf; he was apparently donating blood to her, as Denise operated.

ETA: I think the blond girl's name was Holly, and she had been assigned to gate duty.

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 2

I liked this episode but I LOL'd when Spencer started talking about all the things that were his fault. It was like that movie The Jerk when Steve Martin is like "the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray...and this paddle game....the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need...and this remote control...and this chair...and this lamp." It just kept going on and on.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8

It goes with the theme of Glenn getting trapped in an alley, and Michonne leaving him behind.

He didn't forget how to fight a walker. Neither did Michonne despite being trapped. Here Maggie didn't  immediately try to stab the walker in the head. That was just plain nonsensical except to have Aaron save her.  She's been doing head kills all along.

• Love 11

"And am I correct that Michonne wasn't even name dropped in this episode?"

We saw Michonne from Deanna's perspective up on the wall. I could faintly hear her telling Maggie about Glenn. That was it.

We also saw Michonne go outside the gate to cover Rick's entrance, hand on her katana and ready to defend if need be.  

• Love 5

This is why it's weird to me.  Rick's hot and Jessie's cute, I get the physical attraction, but there's some major selfish behavior going on with them right now. Rick not checking on his kids, Jessie appearing to disregard hers, no checking the perimeters after the attacks, it just seemed off to me.

Regarding their respective children, it is bad behavior on both parts. However, considering the threat at the gates, it's off and this is completely out of character for Rick. You're telling me that Rick Grimes, the man that bit the neck out of a dude threatening to assault Carl, the man that could barely sleep without patrolling when he first entered Alexandria, is going to be off macking when there are hundreds of walkers threatening to bang down the gates and devour everyone inside. The Rick we saw two weeks ago in the RV was PANICKED, the Rick running for his life at the beginning of the episode was PANICKED. Now he is chilled enough for make out time? I just have a hard time believing he wouldn't be pacing in front of Carl and Judith with his gun out for most of the night. I can't imagine him leaving their side for one second at a time like this. 

I so agree TexasChic, when Maggie was just flailing I was confused. I know she couldn't grip one of its arms but she had been in stickier situations without the level of panic she expressed. Was that supposed to be a side effect of her pregnancy?

• Love 20

I so agree TexasChic, when Maggie was just flailing I was confused. I know she couldn't grip one of its arms but she had been in stickier situations without the level of panic she expressed. Was that supposed to be a side effect of her pregnancy?

My only very fleeting thought that had her no longer fighting well was her losing the will to fight. That maybe ....and it's a big maybe, that she was considering allowing herself to be eaten.  That's all I got.

• Love 1

I think Carol and Carl are finishing up that casserole.

They realize they are going to have to save the day and are loading up on carbs.

Finishing up the casserole and constructing some weapons they can use to kill zombies from the wall.
  • Love 3