Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Lost Boys

Oh good grief.   They really are going there.    Nick and Adalind reminiscing about how they met and their "first time."   Just ICK.    Considering everything they have done to each other, it is just wrong to have them get together.   

At least we got an explanation of how it was no big deal that Adalind disappeared to Europe.   She just claimed a new job.   Now go back to your old firm (for more money, of course) and forget the Grimm.  

Those kids.   I guess maybe we will get our Monroe and Rosalee baby after all.   If those anvils falling on my head are any indication.   But did love Rosalee's "I've seen worse."   Oh kid you have no idea.   Then "Okay this has gone on long enough."   She was trying to be nice because they were just kids.   But Mom will whup your ass if you push her too far.

I guess the Warden is building a kid army for whatever is coming.   Now whether it's for or agin whatever's coming we may never find out.

• Love 5

Grimm is officially a soap opera. Just as Nick and Analind get together, Juliette will return alive. Is he even still looking for Trouble?

I don't understand why Rosalee did not call the Wesen Council to come get those kids. Having them in the foster care system is a threat to keeping the Wesen secret. Most likely the writers have forgotten all about the Wesen Council.

• Like 1
  • Love 17

My instant reaction to "Nick & Adalind Domestic Bliss":  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh.  Yucko!!  But to have expected anything else from the stupid writers would have been giving them too much credit, I guess.

• Love 3

I'm assuming it's a Wesen uprising to "reveal" themselves to the world.

I'm having a really hard time getting back into this show.  I can accept what they did to Juliette's character, and the killing of Kelly, and the burning of the Winnebago, but a relationship -- romantic or friendly -- between Nick and Adalind is too much.  I don't care if hexen powers turn people nasty; she is still accountable for her actions, and I am repulsed by Nick, Rosalee, and the rest just glossing over what Adalind has done.

I don't understand why Rosalee did not call the Wesen Council to come get those kids. Having them in the foster care system is a threat to keeping the Wesen secret. Most likely the writers have forgotten all about the Wesen Council.

No kidding.  Even if the involvement of the police required Nick to go through normal channels, she should have still let the Council know, so they could intervene discreetly.  They could have still gotten them into the cult (maybe there's a mole on the Council!), but even a sentence from Rosalee or Nick along these lines would have made sense.  It really would be a problem to have Wesen teenagers completely unaware of Wesenness loose in the system.

Edited by beadgirl
  • Love 4

Grimm is officially a soap opera. Just as Nick and Analind get together, Juliette will return alive. Is he even still looking for Trouble?

Apparently not, playing house with Adalind is more important while Rosalee is stuck pining over 'poor Juliette'.

Ikr, I'm expecting full on love triangle angst.

I loved Rosalee in this episode. My favorite moment was the Grimm Fairy Tale. Those kids were sure creepy. I felt badly for them, but then I remembered they killed their first mommy. Being locked up is really in everyone's best interests.

Nick and Adalind in the same bed. No. Hell No. Hell No to the 99th Power. I can't believe how a show I adored for the romantic relationships being handled in a mature fashion has devolved into this ...excrement with Adalind.

Seriously, even if end game isn't Adalind and Nick, this entire story line just feels insulting to me. The murdering, conniving Hexenbeiste that raped Nick is now all "I can't be all alone. Sleep in the bed with me, Nick." For a show that I originally believed "got it," this plot is devolving into Stargate: Universe levels of ignorance of sexual consent.

I'd really hate to abandon this show, because I do love it. The only beef I've got with it right now is the whole Adalind being redeemed bullshit.

• Love 7

Apparently not, playing house with Adalind is more important while Rosalee is stuck pining over 'poor Juliette'.

Ikr, I'm expecting full on love triangle angst.

I'm glad I logged on here before I watch the ep (I'm on Grimm time).  Because, this is pretty much how I'm feeling about it....

Adalind%20No%20Grimm_zps1qlocpzo.gif

Okay...is there any Meisner?  Just a yes or no so I can decide if I'm going to watch this trainwreck or catch up on Agents of Shield....

• Love 3

Nick was all gung ho in the first couple episodes to find out who killed Juliette, took his mothers head and what happened to Trubel and then....nothing. Now we're back to Wesen of the week episodes. They did show Trubel in the last scene so I guess we see her next week.

Count me in as someone who does not want to see any kind of relationship between Nick and Adalind. And does Adalind even remember she has another child? She spent all of last season moving heaven and earth to find Diana and now it's like she doesn't care.

For one second I was afraid Rosalie was going to want to take in the four kids. Glad that didn't happen. I want her and Monroe to have their own baby Wesen.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm glad I logged on here before I watch the ep (I'm on Grimm time).  Because, this is pretty much how I'm feeling about it....

Adalind%20No%20Grimm_zps1qlocpzo.gif

Okay...is there any Meisner?  Just a yes or no so I can decide if I'm going to watch this trainwreck or catch up on Agents of Shield....

Yes, but he doesn't have much screen time so it's not really worth it.

Yes, but he doesn't have much screen time so it's not really worth it.

Okay, Director Colson it is....

I'll keep this on my DVR for a while.  I'm sure I'll watch it eventually, probably after I down a few drinks, but right now--well, life is too short for this crap.

ETA: Typos...and I haven't even had anything to drink...yet.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

.And does Adalind even remember she has another child? She spent all of last season moving heaven and earth to find Diana and now it's like she doesn't care.

You can see why Analind (i.e., the writers) wants to forget about Diana. It would be embarrassing for her to play happy families with Nick with Renard showing up and demanding visitation. Of course, then the audience would remember that she also seduced Hank and almost killed him. 

I have been annoyed with this show before, tonight made me feel really stupid for watching this bullshit.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

Oh, good grief.  Lost Boys.  Originally kidnap Wendy to be their Mother.  There's even (Tiger) Lily.  Warden Captain Hook. What? No crocodile with a swallowed alarm clock?  No FLYING boy?  Sheesh.

Perhaps Nick chose the paint factory to squick out Adalind so she'd go on her merry way???  One can only hope.

• Love 4

I wish I could explain it better without going the obvious blunt, crass route, but all this Nick/Adalind stuff is the dumbest shit ever.  Not only have they moved into a nice little loft now (sure, the outside is shit, but it is what in the inside counts!), but they have already moved into sleeping in the same bed phase?  Really?!  I'm truly suppose to believe Nick is already that comfortable with her?  The same lady who did... well, I don't have time to list every she has done to him and his friends.  If I was suppose to not remember all her transgressions against him, I would find it stupid, but a typical recon.  But then when we get the scene of her with Baby Kelly, talking about the time she tried to kill Juliette.  And it is played as humor?  I'm.... not even angry, honestly.  I'm just baffled.  I just don't get what these writers are trying to do here.

So, anyway, we also get this show's version of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys (and Tiger Lily, apparently), which really didn't impress me, but hey, at least it wasn't like that recent Pan movie that bombed big time, so it's got that going for them.  But when it comes to the recent Pan's, Once Upon A Time's Evil Pan will always be my favorite.  But, hey, Rosalee got a lot to do in this one, so that's always good.

Renard and Meisner reunite and have a conversation that is basically here to remind everyone that Diana exists, and the King is dead, so Viktor now has the throne.

I think Wu was only in the scene when they found the woman's body.  I guess he was busy doing something else tonight.

Trubel!  She really needs to get back into this soon.  Maybe she will be the lone person who seems to realize this Nick/Adalind thing is all kinds of fucked-up.  Even Hank, a former victim of Adalind, is just like "Shit happens!  Have fun, Nick!" about the entire thing. 

• Love 4
  I don't care if hexen powers turn people nasty; she is still accountable for her actions, and I am repulsed by Nick, Rosalee, and the rest just glossing over what Adalind has done.

Don't worry. They are just preparing the audience for Nick and Juliette's eventual reconciliation. Juliette was only responsible for beheading Nick's mom and trying to kill him. Not so bad compared to all that Adalind has done. It's all relative. After the Nick/Adalind crapfest, viewers would be more than okay with Nick getting back with Juliette. The writers would expect us to be less repulsed by Nick glossing over Juliette's actions and Rosalee is still cheer leading for her.

Crap episode. This show is really, really bad now. I am not going to miss it when it gets cancelled. I just hope we get a Hank centric episode before the end of this show. I am bored with Monroe and Rosalee. Give Hank and Renard some focus.

• Love 2

I so want to call Nick's new place The Fortress of Grimmness, but having him and Adalind sleeping in the same bed is weird. 

Also, we finally got to see where Teresa/Trubel  is, she is in the cell. Which might mean that she was either beating up on Meisner or Meisner was beating her up?

As with the WoW storyline, I kind of like it that these kids didn't know what they are, but they automatically attached themselves to Rosalee. It was also nice to hear one of those Wesen Grimm stories, that we have been hearing about on this show, but never actually got to hear them. 

Don't worry. They are just preparing the audience for Nick and Juliette's eventual reconciliation. Juliette was only responsible for beheading Nick's mom and trying to kill him. Not so bad compared to all that Adalind has done. 

Juliette was also responsible for burning the Grimm Trailer down. 

• Love 1

But then when we get the scene of her with Baby Kelly, talking about the time she tried to kill Juliette.  And it is played as humor?

Let us not forget Rosalee mourning the lost Juliette with a flashback to the scene where Juliette gets off on her hexie powers by making Nick almost shoot Monroe.   Yeah, poor Juliette.   We should miss her.

Honestly they choices made on this show by TPTB baffle me.

• Love 5

Nick and Adalind in the same bed. No. Hell No. Hell No to the 99th Power.

...Aaaand Mr. A has called time on his involvement with the show. He was able to watch live with me this week and was just o.0 about Nick in bed with Adalind. I was hoping Nick would say, " Can you help me with the cot?", but apparently that isn't a response Nick is allowed to have. He just can't with the show now and that makes me sad on his behalf, but I'm not sure how much I can stand if the Show insists on this insulting crap.

On the good side, Rosalee and Monroe were the best, again, some more. I loved beyond the telling when Rosalee woged too and the kids were all "OMG! Shut up! OMG, she's pissed!"  Lily broke my heart, being a baby fuchsbau. I hope, if the "warden" crap was foreshadowing things ( and lordy, was it super shadowy in that dern room), maybe they will help Our Heroes in the end. Or at least, help Rosalee.  I am concerned about Lily, solely because I don't trust the Warden at all. He seems to have no reason to lie, but when has that stopped folks on this show?  Plus, Lily was ill. I hope Lily seeks out Rosalee. They will probably never bring the girl that Monroe and Hank bonded over in S1 back.

I do have to hate those kids' moms; they abandoned children that probably never understood what they were and would never have understood if not for Rosalee's kindness.

Monroe.  If I didn't have Mr. A, I'd want Monroe to be my Mr. A. Plus, he was doing watch-repair stuff, so yay! for that!

The new Grim home. I can understand the idea behind Industrial Wasteland for not only privacy, but also to minimize collateral damage, but? Adalind and Kelly are at a point where they need connection and support. Unless Adalind takes that job, gets an advance and gets her own place, it didn't seem conducive to support. Plus, isolation works against the "teamwork makes the dream work" ideal that Nick and the group usually utilize.  Being in a very lonely, easily noticed part of town works to alert Nick to unwanteds, it also works against having your friends come over regularly, because traffic patterns.

And only one bathroom? Not even a one and a half? Maybe there's a half downstairs, in the "garage"?

How often are the Shang-Hai Tunnels going to actually figure in? There are bound to be excavator-type wesen, so maybe not as blocked off as Nick would like to think? It's a nice shout-out to Portland history, but if that's all it turns out to be, then it's a missed opportunity.

Speaking of traffic patterns earlier, I hope in whatever time-jump the show obviously had that Nick changed the title on Juliet's car, the one he just gave over to Adalind. Otherwise, Ms. Shade, Esquire, might have to vamp on why she's driving someone else's vehicle. That or we're not supposed to care.

Like with another show or two I'm watching, Grimm is a week-to-week thing. It was saved by strong Rosalee and Monroe this week.

PS: Don't even want to think where a bruised Teresa is supposed to take us. At least the bruise was yellow, so it's healing? That's all I got.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 1

...Aaaand Mr. A has called time on his involvement with the show. He was able to watch live with me this week and was just o.0 about Nick in bed with Adalind. I was hoping Nick would say, " Can you help me with the cot?", but apparently that isn't a response Nick is allowed to have. He just can't with the show now and that makes me sad on his behalf, but I'm not sure how much I can stand if the Show insists on this insulting crap.

Well, he lasted longer than OtterDaddy.  He walked the minute it was revealed Adalind was pregnant...again.  

• Love 1

Rather than posting my rant about what is wrong with this episode, this season, and this show lately, let me ask this forum. Should I abandon this show? Once I hook on a show for several seasons, I seldom drop it until series finale, except for extraordinary circumstances. And this circumstance of Nick and Adalind domestic bliss feels extraordinary enough...

On another note, my nitpick. How does Nick afford that building on a Police Detective salary?

Rather than posting my rant about what is wrong with this episode, this season, and this show lately, let me ask this forum. Should I abandon this show? Once I hook on a show for several seasons, I seldom drop it until series finale, except for extraordinary circumstances. And this circumstance of Nick and Adalind domestic bliss feels extraordinary enough...

On another note, my nitpick. How does Nick afford that building on a Police Detective salary?

I've decided to conditionally abandon it.  I'm still recording it, but not watching it. I am going to be checking in here to see what it going on, just in case they get their act together.  But, other than that, I'm out....

• Love 1

OtterMommy..you can't stop watching the show. You just CANT! I would miss your posts so so much!

I'm watching on the West coast...The first 3 mins had me going WTF! ..but Meisner just popped up, so I feel a LITTLE better.

Oh, and Rosalee is giving advice to treating the sick girl..and she's suggesting things that I actually use when I'm sick!

Is the housing market THAT hot in Portland that a house can be "sold" (not even a "sale pending") in , like , a day?

• Love 2

OtterMommy..you can't stop watching the show. You just CANT! I would miss your posts so so much!

No worries...I'll keep posting!  I have a plethora of choice words for the Writing and Production of this show!

From what I've seen here, I'm hoping that this Nick and Adalind thing is a set up for something else--like her return to the dark side (or maybe her death?  I know, I wish for the impossible). Anyway, if it looks like things are turning around, I'll hit the DVR....

I just think it is kind of sad...most of the actors bought houses up here the last year or so...and it looks like they'll soon be out of jobs! 

• Love 1

I was hoping for a bit of a darker episode. The creepy kids, the anvils to the Lost Boys, the 'mothers'. A bit of a letdown in that they didn't know that they were Wesen, or what Wesen even is. I wanted them to own their heritage. And find more 'mothers' buried somewhere.

Rosalee should have alerted the Council. The story was telegraphing that Rosalee would take in the kids as her own. Um, no. None of them really resembled each other, so I wonder if they were just abandoned by various parents. Her bedtime story was interesting, though. The kids seemed far too old to fall asleep to it so quickly.

Nick's house sure sold quickly. I wonder if the property deed/title was in his name only, or whether Juliette's name was also on it. Given that she 'died' recently, there would be some legal wrangling to sort out the title. Houses can sell quickly in a boom, but possession is usually 30 days here. Takes that amount of time to transfer everything, arrange for movers, the move to the new home, etc. Do wonder how Nick can afford the new place on his meagre cop salary. Realistically, he would have been better off renting out the home for a while.

Not keen on the Nick/Adalind 'relationship'. Dunno if they are 'endgame'. Once a hexenbiest, always a hexenbiest. Maybe she'll have a short maternity leave and go back to work.

Looking forward to the return of Trubel.

Well, thanks a lot, Nick.  Now you beef up your security.  After you let you failed to even change your locks and passwords after your girlfriend went rogue, making it extremely easy for her to burn down your trailer/Grimm library and set up your mother to be murdered.

Okay so WTF is up with Meissner and Trubel?  I've had enough with the writers teasing us about that.  It feels like something I'm not gonna like.

Still not liking the whiplash-inducing change in tone from last season to this one.  I stupidly expected a little more resolution after everything that's happened, but it's like Nick got over everything in one night.  Sure, he moves out of the house where all the bad memories happened and he's taken steps to protect the shattered pieces of his life that he has left, but other than that I feel like I'm looking at a stone-faced mannequin standing in for Nick.  What is he doing?  What is he thinking?  Does he have any plans other than going to work and hanging out awkwardly with Adalind at the warehouse?

Hated those kids.  Someone should have set them up with Wesen foster homes or at least arranged for them to have Wesen Big Brother/Big Sister relationships.  At the end of the show, it felt like they were kind of dismissing the fact that those kids were responsible for that human woman's death.  At the very least, they needed serious long-term intensive therapy to overcome their proclivities.

• Love 1

OtterMommy..I heard that some of the actors bought houses,,but then i wonder why? I mean, just how long did they think this gig would last, given ratings the past couple of years? The odds of this particular show lasting as long as say, ER or Greys Anatomy was always pretty slim. I just thought the actors just liked the area.

• Love 1

Oh man, that was bad. Almost FUBAR bad.

Nick and Adalind playing Happy Families: nauseating. Just wrong on so many levels. And to be clear, that does not mean bringing back Juliette would make it right. Juliette needs to be most sincerely dead, and Adalind I can't even care about as long as she's not playing house with Nick.

The kids were creepy -- and a couple of them were too old for this fixation on a Mother figure, which added to the creep factor. But I was SO afraid they were going to Cousin Oliver the show by having Rosalee want to take the kids, or at least the little girl. OMG I was sure they were going to go there, which I guess would be something of a relief because then I could drop the show without hoping that it could somehow get better.

Oh, one last thing: I thought Juliette said in a previous season that the house was hers, had been owned by her parents. So in addition to sometimes having a guestroom and sometimes not, it's also sometimes Juliette's and sometimes Nick's? And I wonder how easy it was to sell, given the sudden spike in home invasion murders in the neighboring houses.

This show. We could have had it all!

• Love 2

Disappointing episode. Where the hell did those kids come from? How did they even find each other? You know your villains aren't great when you expect Nick to spank all of them with ease. They were really reaching with the Peter Pan references.

I'm not going to even get into the Nick and Adalind too much. Switch the sexes of both characters and you know the writers would never even think about doing this storyline. The victim of rape playing house with their attacker, paying the rapist to raise their baby, and sharing the same bed? So wrong.

• Love 2

You can see why Analind (i.e., the writers) wants to forget about Diana. It would be embarrassing for her to play happy families with Nick with Renard showing up and demanding visitation. Of course, then the audience would remember that she also seduced Hank and almost killed him. 

Adalind did not seduce Hank.  She raped him.  Just like she raped Nick (well, not *just* like she raped Nick, but she raped both of them).

But that's okay because...she's NICE now!

• Love 7

Tell me something. Did I miss a step? did it go from Monroe merely suggesting Nick move, to suddenly the house is not only sold, but everything has been moved out, the furniture has been put in storage, and Nick set up an entirely new place? All of you poor people taking months to sell a house, having escrow headaches, and taking a couple of weeks to pack, should really sell your house in Grimmverse!

The real estate market is hot in Portland (said with tongue in cheek BUT it is actually the truth.  I know people who have had to bid $40K over asking to get a house).  

And, well, at least the neighborhood is....quiet.

• Love 1

They better not do a Rosalee gets pregnant story, I went through 2 pregnancies with Adalind, & that was 2 too many. I'm over Wesens having babies.

Like this show is going to waste an opportunity to have Rosalee and Adalind bond over being mothers.  They'll have episodes of them doing things like taking the kids to the park, getting ice cream, shopping for baby clothes, and "comparing their husband/baby daddy she raped" moments.  Because Adalind is normal now, and apparently all that evil stuff... never happened?

• Love 1

Piss off show, I'm sure some people want to see Nick and Adalind together, but you're going to do this through a paint factory loft?  OMG Adalind is no longer a hexenbeist but you might think she might have some sort of reservations of sleeping with a guy who she tried to murder the partner of, had the baby of his boss, been a vengeful bitch towards, but no....being scared is getting a relationship developed.

Cheers to Coffee, though.  She really sold the whole "this relationship is awkward and I'm stuck in it because of untalented screen writers."  The wesen uprising is stupid, there are so many missed plot points to rail against.  I'm not going to do this because I've done it before...I'm just so happy it was Trubel in the box and not Juliette reborn.

Although I'm glad that Nick got out of that house full of memories of death and chaos, I'm sad we won't be seeing it anymore. When he drove up to the paint factory and told Adalind that no one knew where they were, the first thing I thought was, "Except the movers who just packed up your house!" so I was glad that when they went inside, he told her that he had the movers put everything from the house into storage. I guess that means they need to buy a new crib though. Maybe he should have mentioned his plan to Adalind beforehand in case there was anything she wanted to bring to the new house with her.

I also laughed when Nick said that no one knew where they were. That's because they just moved. Give it five minutes before Monroe, Rosalee, Hank, Renard, and Wu are dropping by all the time.

I LOATHE how they are trying to rehabilitate Adaline into this nice, normal person so that she can Nick can hook up. Seriously, NO. "You were my first!" "You were my first too!" Then that terrible scene at the end where she asks him to sleep with her and Kelly. I have seen fictional platonic bed sharing that made me go awwwwww. This was not one of those times. The best thing about that scene was Nick telling her that they are already beyond weird and then taking his gun with him into the bedroom.

The only thing I liked regarding Adalind in this episode was when she ran into her old coworker and he told her she could come back to the firm and ask for more money. On a practical level, I know that neither she nor Nick will trust anyone to watch Kelly all day (except maybe Rosalee and Monroe, but since they both work during the day, I don't think they should even ask), I don't see how Adalind can realistically go back to work. I want her to, just for the sake of having her do something besides sit around the Paint Fortress waiting for Nick to come home, but I don't see how they can make that happen while they are (rightfully) paranoid about something happening to Kelly.

I heard that some of the actors bought houses,,but then i wonder why? I mean, just how long did they think this gig would last, given ratings the past couple of years? The odds of this particular show lasting as long as say, ER or Greys Anatomy was always pretty slim. I just thought the actors just liked the area.

It's not unusual for actors to buy houses when they're shooting a tv series. Ian Somerhalder was about to buy a house in Hawaii when he found out that his character on Lost was going to be killed off and that was after only the first season had aired (several of his Lost castmates did buy houses while they were filming). Autumn Reeser bought a home in Hawaii while she was filming Last Resort and then the show got canceled after one season. Connie Britton bought a house in Nashville while she's working on her current show. Some people would rather make a mortgage payment than pay for rent, even if they know they aren't going to live there forever. And some people end up keeping their places after the project ends.

• Love 1

Tell me something. Did I miss a step? did it go from Monroe merely suggesting Nick move, to suddenly the house is not only sold, but everything has been moved out, the furniture has been put in storage, and Nick set up an entirely new place? All of you poor people taking months to sell a house, having escrow headaches, and taking a couple of weeks to pack, should really sell your house in Grimmverse!

I was glad to see Theresa and really hope Meisner was training her and not beating her, because I have a real problem with that. And I love me some Meisner.

I think the For Sale sign was shown at the end of last episode.  Then in this episode I'm figuring weeks have gone by, if not months.  Nick is back in his work routine and Renard had been pretty firm on him taking some time off.  The baby looks a month or two old, not brand-newborn. 

This time jump of say 4 to 6 weeks or more bothers me now that we see Teresa coming out of the box at the end.  She's been there that long?  Isolated, probably periodically fighting or beaten?  If that is even her and not a shapeshifted Juliette.  I did not like that.

I'll go against the grain and say aside from Trubel in the box and the vomit-inducing Nick and Adalind scenes, I liked the episode.  My take on the lost kids was that two of them looked sufficiently like real brothers, and Lily and Peter maybe met them in a group home.  I could buy that they would fall asleep quickly, they're living off the land and survival in the woods would be exhausting for a growing kid.  What I didn't buy was the just putting them back in the system with Rosalee offering to be pen pals. 

ETA:  Forgot to say it was good to see Renard doing something beyond his usual phone work and detachment.  He seemed to actually give a damn about the missing woman case and remembered details from 2 years before.

Edited by ShadowFacts
  • Love 1

Wasn't Meisner the guy who rescued pregnant Adalind from the tower and helped deliver her baby? And now he's in town? Can't Meisner and Adalind live happily ever after while Nick recovers from the end of what was essentially a marriage by, say, a little light flirting with a variety of nameless women at the local bar after cases are solved?

• Love 4
This time jump of say 4 to 6 weeks or more bothers me now that we see Teresa coming out of the box at the end.  She's been there that long?  Isolated, probably periodically fighting or beaten?  If that is even her and not a shapeshifted Juliette.  I did not like that.

Totally agree.  Will this be the same Trubel?  Can she be trusted?  Definitely do not like.  And why the need to keep her in a cell and beat/fight her?  That seems unnecessarily cruel.  It would have made more sense for it to be Juliette in there.

I thought there was supposed to be some kind of time jump between the last episode and this one.  How much is uncertain, but we saw the "for sale" sign on the house at the end of last episode and "sold" at the beginning of this one, and surely even in a hot market we aren't supposed to think the house sold, all the furniture and belongings got moved out or put into storage, and Nick got the warehouse ready all in just a few days.  Not sure how long it would take to get a new place like that ready since it wasn't already prepared and Nick didn't want anyone to know about it.

It's her, it's the same place.

Edited by Free

I did like that this episode was Rosalee and Monroe-centric, both were great.

But . . . it's so frustrating how tone deaf the writers and/or producers seem to be in regards to the whole Adalind thing. Surely they are hearing how angry fans are about this? Are they just not listening? Once Upon a Time has a similar problem, bending over backwards trying to "redeem" Regina after she has killed multiple people. The show runners just seem to fall in love with a certain character or actor and then try to pretend all their previous misdeeds were irrelevant and none of the other characters care about them anymore. It makes everyone look like an idiot.

Also, if turning into a Hexenbiest made Juliette go all dark and evil, why is it that Adalind can just choose whether she wants to be good or evil? Everyone is making excuses for Juliette's behavior like it wasn't her fault, but not applying the same logic to Adalind. For heavens sake she tried to kill Aunt Marie, on Renard's orders! You don't just move past something like that as if they had no control over the situation.

I'm also very frustrated we're still seeing brief, vague conversations between characters like Renard and Meisner just rehashing what we already know without filling in any of the blanks. The whole Royals thing has been an enigma for five seasons, how long does this show think they can drag this out? Because I'm willing to bet good money this is going to be the last season.

The house must've been completely in Nick's name or he had Juliette's Power of Attorney.  Her body was STOLEN.  How can she be dead, officially?  Who issues a death certificate for a missing person on the say-so of one person?  Not gonna happen.  The abandoned paint factory might've cost less than the proceeds from the house, so that's how he can afford it.  Still has a mortgage, but on a different property.  ...that's (more than likely) not zoned for residential.  So he's not, legally, plowing the house proceeds into another residence...won't he have to pay capital gains taxes on the sale of the house?

Yeah, I know. Not in Grimmverse.

• Love 2

Surely they are hearing how angry fans are about this? Are they just not listening?

Clearly not and sadly it's been this way for seasons.

Also, if turning into a Hexenbiest made Juliette go all dark and evil, why is it that Adalind can just choose whether she wants to be good or evil? Everyone is making excuses for Juliette's behavior like it wasn't her fault, but not applying the same logic to Adalind. For heavens sake she tried to kill Aunt Marie, on Renard's orders! You don't just move past something like that as if they had no control over the situation.

None of it made any sense.

The house must've been completely in Nick's name or he had Juliette's Power of Attorney.  Her body was STOLEN.  How can she be dead, officially?  Who issues a death certificate for a missing person on the say-so of one person?  Not gonna happen.  The abandoned paint factory might've cost less than the proceeds from the house, so that's how he can afford it.  Still has a mortgage, but on a different property.  ...that's (more than likely) not zoned for residential.  So he's not, legally, plowing the house proceeds into another residence...won't he have to pay capital gains taxes on the sale of the house?

Yeah, I know. Not in Grimmverse.

He is probably exempt from capital gains tax unless he made a huge profit, because I think the first xxx hundred thousand of gain from primary residence isn't taxed. 

If he wants to be as un-findable as he seemed to describe, I doubt anything happened legally and on the record as far as the paint factory.  Maybe they're squatting, maybe he owns it under a different identity, I don't know how it would be done.  All I know is I would hate, hate, hate to live there.  Not a great place to raise a child, as was pointed out above.  But they must plan to have him/them there for awhile if they made that set.  Plus the tunnel mention means that will come into play.

• Love 1

I favorite part was that Meisner came and explained that Viktor is the new king, and Diana is in a safe house, because it all makes logical sense now and don't have to wonder about it any longer and can move on. Renard is the best character so they should give him more to do.

the end of nearly every fairy tale is 'and they lived happily ever after" however in TV dramas, that doesn't work at all - long term happy relationships only work in shows like Little House on the Prairie. So, the writers are taunting all of you with Adalind and Nick, but I give it two episodes before Adalind wants to return to her job and then move out or leave Kelly in daycare. And Nick has a much more sheepdog style personality, as evidence by the bunker with all the security details that he set up, so maybe there will be a conflict over safety of their son and realization that they can't really hide. My impulse to want logic in the story was set off by their new house, because it made me wonder how his mother Kelly got her money to travel the world, and how he is able to buy a warehouse building in secret.

The other really interesting thing was Meisner and T-rubel. Several episodes ago, she looked somewhat curious what the FBI agent was offering or talking about. In history, grimms were supposed to traditionally work for royalty to keep order in the world. This was the story in the first season where Renard really wanted Nick to work for him and seize power, but I didn't quite understand why they wanted to kill his aunt. Nick being a free agent who was progressive enough to not randomly kill wesen, was supposed to be unique.   It is really hard to tell at this point why the FBI agent and Meisner had her in the cell as a dangerous person. Maybe they were doing government mind control experiments and are trying to craft her into a powerful tool to do their bidding. But why didn't she agree to go along in the first place. Why is Meisner, with the resistance against the royalty, on the anti-liberated -Wesen side.

I think the wesen coming out story is the same concept as the whole True Blood HBO show about the vampires coming out - and there is a huge potential for writing there. That show had dozens of clever modern world vs. fantasy story conflicts where the regular humans (muggles?) had a variety of reactions to the concept, while still getting over the original shock very quickly.

"Well, he lasted longer than OtterDaddy.  He walked the minute it was revealed Adalind was pregnant...again."

Are there other good shows on television? Right now I watch Gotham, Orange is the new black, Orphan Black, and Vikings (when it is periodically on). There isn't that much else out there. The CSI that my parents watch is cardboard.

"For heavens sake she tried to kill Aunt Marie, on Renard's orders!"

yes, in a couple episodes it will all come back to him in a flash, and he'll say "what the heck was I thinking" and she will move in with another lawyer. And she'll win in a child custody case because she has all this legal expertise and they were never married and she could use various leverage against him.

I'm willing to bet good money this is going to be the last season.

I agree that, creatively, the show deserves to be canceled. They've committed so many sins against the characters and the act of writing itself, I won't defend them on that front. But the ratings are good, so I don't really see NBC pulling the plug:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/11/10/nbc-renewcancel-standings-week-7-early-pickups-dont-change-the-picture-much/

I agree that, creatively, the show deserves to be canceled. They've committed so many sins against the characters and the act of writing itself, I won't defend them on that front. But the ratings are good, so I don't really see NBC pulling the plug:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/11/10/nbc-renewcancel-standings-week-7-early-pickups-dont-change-the-picture-much/

Replying in the ratings thread....

Are there other good shows on television? Right now I watch Gotham, Orange is the new black, Orphan Black, and Vikings (when it is periodically on). There isn't that much else out there. The CSI that my parents watch is cardboard.

Replying in the Small Talk thread....we haven't used it for almost a year, so why not?

• Love 1

And she'll win in a child custody case because she has all this legal expertise and they were never married and she could use various leverage against him.

Not being married is the only non-problem in deciding custody between those 2.   Let's see, she already had one child taken from her.   She was in jail on murder charges (what is going on with those, by the way).  She tried to kill various people.   She believes she was once a witch (yeah I know but imagine hitting a judge with that one).  

On the other hand, Nick keeps getting attacked in his own home, and bodies disappear around him.   Not to mention he thinks he sees things no one else sees.  And he has a couple of questionnable kills on his police record.

A judge would have a field day deciding the best interest of the child between those two.

• Love 3