Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/02/15

buffynut
  • Start Topic

let's see if yoda whoop wags her fingers at Scientology... oh wait, what universe am i living in???

Oly if they come out with some statement about her.  Nothing riles up Whoopi more than being criticized by someone.

• Love 3

That actually wasn't Raven's example.  She did repeat that name, but she was commenting on a video shown immediately before that.  Two boys made a video listing several outlandish (in their opinion) names, including Watermelondrea.

Right. I meant that Keshia responded to Raven's comments about how she wouldn't hire women? men? African American people who didn't have "normal" names. Like Mary, Susie, etc.  Keshia had responded on Huffington post video, and the way she did, what she said, just made me wish that Keshia had been chosen to be on the panel instead of Raven.

• Love 5

I'm really tired. Suffering from the worst case of insomnia ever. I can't remember the last day in the past three weeks where I've gotten a decent night's sleep.

Anyhoo because of that, I'm too tired to quote posts, but will say this:

Raven being a child star and turning into this idiot doesn't pass muster with me. Because Keshia Knight Pulliam was also a child star, and she's turned out to be an intelligent person.  Hell, she even responded to Raven't moronic statement about how if you have a "ethnic" sounding name and used "Watermelonia" or whatever as an example, Keshia came back with a thoughtful response and made me wish the The Asshats in charge would have gotten her as a panelist instead of Raven.

The news about Robin Williams suffering from depression isn't new; it came out almost immediately after his suicide. The Lewy diagnosis is new, I think, but not him suffering from depression or that he'd gotten the news he had Parkinson's.

As for Candy Crush? Please. It's a FREE game. As someone else posted above, all one as to do is wait nine minutes to play again after using up their lives. And I play it. I also play Criminal Case. Sue me.  But Raven's comment about how the leader of the United States should know how to play it? She just gets nuttier and nuttier.

I saw the documentary that HBO did on Scientology, and it scared the bejesus out of me. So I have nothing but respect for those that got out and don't blame them if they can't or won't talk about certain things or Tom Cruise.  That fucking Cult doesn't fuck around.

I'll ask you in small talk what you have tried for insomnia. That is brutal.

• Love 1

I'm about to watch Joy's show right now.  We need a place to talk about it.  I still remember her one-on-one interview with Malcolm McDowell as the Most Intertaining Interview ever! Hope this show makes it....

Me, too!  That was my favourite interview from Joy's old show and just highlighted how fabulous she was at interviews because it isn't like I was a big Malcolm McDowell fan or anything; she just made every guest interesting and brought out the best in them.  And I am so out of the loop because I had no idea she has a new show.  What channel is said show on?  Hoping it isn't some obscure channel that Canadians have no access to ..

• Love 3

The Whoopster just said that she didn't like seeing women treating other women badly!!!  OMG, she has dementia!!  I wonder what she calls the way she treats Paula & the way she treated RosieO??  Just saying'.

I nearly fell out of my seat when she said that..It was blasphemous! She has zero self-awareness....

• Love 13

Me, too!  That was my favourite interview from Joy's old show and just highlighted how fabulous she was at interviews because it isn't like I was a big Malcolm McDowell fan or anything; she just made every guest interesting and brought out the best in them.  And I am so out of the loop because I had no idea she has a new show.  What channel is said show on?  Hoping it isn't some obscure channel that Canadians have no access to ..

It's on TLC.

• Love 2

The Whoopster just said that she didn't like seeing women treating other women badly!!!  OMG, she has dementia!!  I wonder what she calls the way she treats Paula & the way she treated RosieO??  Just saying'.

"OH DEAR GOD!" [/Frasier voice] Pot kettle much? .....

• Love 5

Why is Raven wearing Big Bird's testicles pinned to her shirt? 

Omg from far away I thought it was one of those sexy cutout things to show off the bress-tah-ses...then  upclose... yikes

• Love 5

What she means is she doesn't want other women treating her badly. She only cares about female togetherness when it benefits her, but if she wants to scream, dominate, and wag her finger in another women's face, then it's just fine.

But she's already written a book about relationships, so why worry about going full-stop hypocrite now?

• Love 11

What she means is she doesn't want other women treating her badly. She only cares about female togetherness when it benefits her, but if she wants to scream, dominate, and wag her finger in another women's face, then it's just fine.

But she's already written a book about relationships, so why worry about going full-stop hypocrite now?

WORD.

So much word. I couldn't' believe she said that with a straight face.

• Love 4

"Why is Raven wearing Big Bird's testicles pinned to her shirt?"

Maybe she is in a relationship now and is unable to smell her own farts so in lieu of that the scent "eau de bird balls" will have to do??

(I can't believe no one mentioned that gem from yesterday's show)

• Love 2

looks like ABC totally scrubbed the leah remini interview from their site (those crafty scientology lawyers hard at work, as usual).As a former member of that "church", i can say they are capable of any measures to suppress any criticism, and it's usually litigious. As usual, ABC caves!

That's what it is. I started watching the show on hulu and it was about 28 minutes without Remini. 

Why was Paula out today? I heard Whoopi say that Joy was still sick, but if she mentioned a reason for Paula's absence, I missed it.

Oh....surely it was an oversight by the Queen of the Realm.  We'll probably learn today that Whoopi apologized profusely to Paula, sent her a new car (instead of flowers) and will acknowledge the oversight on today's show.

• Love 5
So the truth of the matter is Raven... you were not too young... you were just too lazy

STFU

Too lazy and not the least bit interested in actually giving a shit about any of this "politics stuff" ... until this year when she is getting paid to have to act like she cares and to have some sort of an opinion about it all.  The fact that the best shit she can come up with is whether or not the candidates play Candy Crush or have lots of facebook likes just highlights how shallow her pool is. 

Being brought up in show biz as a precocious child actress who seemingly had no exposure to the outside world has done this woman no favours.  I had no idea she was 30 years old until I read Roger's post.  Shocking.  I wonder if she still needs to be fawned over and told how adorable she is every day as I'm sure she was as a child.  Nightmare personality on this one.

• Love 15

I wish they would have brought up the time she was caught on a live mic. making fun of that other female candidate's hairdo a few years back.  I have never seen her have to address this and I would have LOVED for Joy to have done it just now. 

Toni Collette looks fabulous -- love that hair on her!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 10

Who knew Michelle had some brains. If she focused on getting her point out instead of trying to be funny..she might just make a decent panelist.

The reason Keshia sounds intelligent vs. Raven was because she went to college for sociology and had a normal life for awhile before going back to acting. Perhaps raven should have taken dome time off to live a non celebrity life.

• Love 9

I thought Michelle did a good job defending her remark, about how it had less to do with her looks and more to do with her weird, uncomfortable expression. That whole interview was just Carly trying to create newsworthy drama. Keep trying.

It's kinda funny how Fiorina and FOX News (and hypersensitive nurses, lol) have elevated the current cast of The View to favored whipping boy status. I suppose the fact that it's a show with an audible death rattle makes The View easy pickings, but damn. It's like kicking a mangy three-legged, one-eyed kitten on the kill list at the local pound.

• Love 8

Oh dear god. That Carly made my blood pressure go thru the roof. She was asked about abortion rights and she answered with HARVESTING LATE TERM ABORTION BABY PARTS. what?  wut?

If Carly doesn't believe in abortion then she shouldn't have one.

Now, excuse me while I take a beta blocker.

I thought it was pretty good how both Joy and Whoopi challenged Carly about her "harvesting body parts" comment.

They did not let her get away with more lies.

THIS. I was a tad shocked that Joy and Whoopi spoke up .. or tried to. Good for them

Edited by ari333
  • Love 11

Thankfully I was spared by Obama.

Ahh, okay, that explains it then, thanks.  I am assuming that your station tuned into Obama talking about the Keystone Pipeline and since I am in Canada, my station just panicked and tossed on some random ending from an old show, lol.

Now, excuse me while I take a beta blocker.

LOL!

Edited by Cementhead

Raven just said that this was her first election debate because all the previous ones she was ... well a lot younger.

You are 30 years old... 4 years ago you were 26 the one before that you were 22 and the one before that you were 18 and able to participate.

So the truth of the matter is Raven... you were not too young... you were just too lazy

STFU

It goes along with the way Raven always talks about herself and "young people" .  Raven views herself as  a "former child star"  who became an adult very recently.  

I'm sure Raven would prefer if all the presidential candidates just got Twitter accounts, and the one with the most followers gets to be president. 

• Love 8

I was only half way watching and no way Whoopi would be there on a Friday. This was taped right?

Are live Friday's now taped ?

I'm pretty sure it was live, except for Drew and Toni Collette. I think Whoopi was only there because they didn't know if Joy would show due to her fall.

I was also spared the end because of Obama..

• Love 1

What the hell was Whoopi doing there today! It's the second Friday in a row that Joy can't be the moderator. Michelle did explain herself with the "demented" comment and Paula asked a couple of good questions. The "harvesting" answer was a really bad move by Carly and Whoopi with Joy jumped all over it as it should be. That was the only time I liked Whoopi being there but as usual she became the same old, same old when she said "love my movies too." Pathetic that she just can't say thank you. I guess it isn't in her vocabulary. 

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure it was live, except for Drew and Toni Collette. I think Whoopi was only there because they didn't know if Joy would show due to her fall.

I was also spared the end because of Obama..

If Whoopi was there because of Joy's injury Paula could have moderated. I think Whoopi wanted to give Carly a hard time because that is her main objective on this show, trying to insult and bully other people whether it be guests or other members of the panel. Calling people "baby" is phony as hell too.

• Love 5

I thought the interview with Carly was all the women throwing their weight around & Carly relentlessly blurbing out talking points.  What a cluster!!!

The discussion about "non attraction", with The Whoopster holding her book to her chest was just plain ..... disgusting!!!

Why do I do this to myself??

• Love 13

Maybe Whoopi being there today wasn't all voluntary?  It wouldn't surprise if TPTB wanted the full crew from the original discussion on hand.

I think you are right.  This way, when they make the nightly news again tonight with this interview, the full panel will be in all of the clips that get aired.  The View gets to make sparks and Fiorina gets to make sparks.  Win-win for both.  Boring, contrived bullshit, but a win-win nonetheless. 

Edited to add: When I say news, I mean "news" with a big pair of air quotes around it, or as Gloria calls them on Modern Family, "air bunnies."   As in the "infotainment news" that gets passed off as real news lately.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 6

Same as the rest of us - so you can talk about it here.  

We can all agree to disagree but it helps to vent here. This show can be interesting and it can also be infuriating.

• Love 5

I haven't watched, so excuse the question if this was covered. Was Joy sick or did she fall? Was she sick at first and then fell later on? Does this mean that her show on TLC was taped? Thanks. I plan to watch later (after I have a Fireball and a Xanax). That's for you Housewife fans.

• Love 3

Not sure where to begin......so I'll start by saying that I'm a southern woman, conservative leaning, but I think I'm pretty open-minded. I don't vote party lines; in fact, in spite of the fact that I'm a registered Republican, I will be voting for the Democrat candidate in our upcoming gubernatorial election. What I don't understand is the disdain for Carly Fiorina, by the View hosts and by many on this board. I would truthfully like to know what it is that makes people dislike Her so much. Is it simply the fact that she is a conservative Republican and they/you are liberal Democrats? I don't like all Republican candidates, nor do I dislike all Democrats. (I would have possibly voted for Hillary if she had been the nominee in 2007, but not today) I thought the ladies were incredibly rude to Fiorina today, especially Whoopi with that "baby" remark. Carly would try to reply to their questions, but they would start talking over her until no one could be heard. It's like they despise her so much that no matter what she says, they would take the opposite stance. And it really does irk me when Joy plays the comedienne card whenever it suits her. As for the baby harvesting Planned Parenthood issue, what exactly is the truth, and according to who? I have seen and heard the tapes, and they look pretty damning to me. But I would like to know what is the truth and what is not. (Whoopi seems to think she knows!) Sorry this is so long, I'm just baffled and would love some input!

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 1

I think I would've preferred Drew and Toni asking questions of Fiorina than Raven and Michelle. They both sounded so ignorant but were desperately trying to do their best "Diane Sawyer."

• Love 6

I agree, zenme. Whenever they have a serious guest (like a presidential candidate) and Raven opens her mouth, I end up shouting, "Would you shut up!" Nevermind when she asks several questions, that nearly puts me in a rage. LOL They should be banned from speaking during those moments at least, and leave the questions to Joy and Paula.

That said, whoever prepared Raven's questions gave her a good one when she asked Fiorina why she was always talking about other people not discussing the issues rather than talking about the issues herself--that definitely riled her up. I only give a pass today to Michelle because Carly targeted her comment for exposure.

• Love 6

It has been PROVEN that the fetus on the table, attributed to PP, is stock footage & has nothing to do with the abortion debate.  I'm Canadian, so I don't have any "skin" in this game, but I do pay attention to news regarding women's issues.  I don't like liars & those who blindly propagate those lies.  Everything Carly has said after that is totally lost on me -- I don't believe her.  Otherwise, I think she's a smart, attractive & competent woman.  Just sayin'.

• Love 14