Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My mother greyed early (30's)

I got my first gray ones in my late teens.  A few more in my 20's and much more in my 30's.  By the time i was in my 40's I was coloring it.  It will take 10 years off of your looks.  In my 50's and it is probably more white than blonde.  I keep it colored.  My niece has always been blonde but she looks great with dark hair.  She keeps it cut, washed and brushed.  Being a nurse she is expected to look professional at all times.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm a senior lady myself, and I remember lavender-tinted white hair on old ladies, in the 60's.

I'll stick with my strawberry blonde hair dye, for now.  If I live till I'm 80, all bets are off.  My mother greyed early (30's) and I did too.  Getting my grey roots retouched is my life.  

Mariah is way too pale to dye her hair dark.  It looks very phony-baloney on her, like when I spray-painted my hair black for Halloween as a teenager.  Ick.

When I was in beauty school we had the shampoo set crowd.  We had a regular named Mrs. Iverson.  Really sweet lady and she LOVED these rinses the brighter the better.  So this 18 year old gal at the time did her best to make sure it was as bright as I could make it.  She was rocking the best purple I could do (multiple applications) and she loved it.  I saw her the next day when her daughter in law brought her in to get it washed out.  The daughter in law also told my instructor I was not to touch her hair again.  Um lady, your MIL loved it and from where I sit she is the only one that matters.  It made me sad because the color made her so happy.

Mariah and the rest are too fair for that dark of a color.  I also would like the caterpillars above her eyes to go away.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

When I was in beauty school we had the shampoo set crowd.  We had a regular named Mrs. Iverson.  Really sweet lady and she LOVED these rinses the brighter the better.  So this 18 year old gal at the time did her best to make sure it was as bright as I could make it.  She was rocking the best purple I could do (multiple applications) and she loved it.  I saw her the next day when her daughter in law brought her in to get it washed out.  The daughter in law also told my instructor I was not to touch her hair again.  Um lady, your MIL loved it and from where I sit she is the only one that matters.  It made me sad because the color made her so happy.

Mariah and the rest are too fair for that dark of a color.  I also would like the caterpillars above her eyes to go away.  

I'm on the passive side, so I cannot even imagine doing that with my mom or MIL!  Pretty ballsy of Mrs. Iverson's DIL to do that, and I wonder, what for?  To be the dominant one in the relationship?  Wow.  

Agree that dark color and many of the Brown kids just doesn't fit.  Aspyn has the right idea in staying natural.  Mariah and her hair & eyebrows don't flatter her in the least.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

When I was in beauty school we had the shampoo set crowd ...

I also was in beauty school during the shampoo set days. With only a couple of exceptions, they were a lovely bunch of ladies and definitely our bread and butter. They were also titanic mistresses of snark! A couple years earlier a student had miscalculated a color formula and the result was pine green/forest green hair! But the client loved it and the student had to rack her brain figuring out where she went wrong so she could write it down and keep doing it that way. The client's sister was a weekly also and she insisted on getting the same shade from then on and was miffed that her sister beat her to the best look ever! The school  named the color after them and I thought I would always remember their names but sadly I don't. I lived there for another 10 or so years and I could spot those two around town from 50 yards. At 68, I'm maybe 5% gray and was a natural blonde until my mid 20s. My hair gradually darkened with age to the point where I can't do blonde highlights anymore - can't lift it enough levels w/o major damage. So I do eggplant or cobalt lowlights which are subtle indoors and dy-no-mite outdoors.

I was Blown Away when I saw in that one video how Mariah turns her modest but decent light-colored eyebrows into those thick, nearly black caterpillars. In addition to the dark, drab hair color those brows are tremendously unflattering. Given Mariah's personality, it sorta telegraphs "Chip On My Shoulder."

• Love 9
11 hours ago, suomi said:

I also was in beauty school during the shampoo set days. With only a couple of exceptions, they were a lovely bunch of ladies and definitely our bread and butter. They were also titanic mistresses of snark! A couple years earlier a student had miscalculated a color formula and the result was pine green/forest green hair! But the client loved it and the student had to rack her brain figuring out where she went wrong so she could write it down and keep doing it that way. The client's sister was a weekly also and she insisted on getting the same shade from then on and was miffed that her sister beat her to the best look ever! The school  named the color after them and I thought I would always remember their names but sadly I don't. I lived there for another 10 or so years and I could spot those two around town from 50 yards. At 68, I'm maybe 5% gray and was a natural blonde until my mid 20s. My hair gradually darkened with age to the point where I can't do blonde highlights anymore - can't lift it enough levels w/o major damage. So I do eggplant or cobalt lowlights which are subtle indoors and dy-no-mite outdoors.

I was Blown Away when I saw in that one video how Mariah turns her modest but decent light-colored eyebrows into those thick, nearly black caterpillars. In addition to the dark, drab hair color those brows are tremendously unflattering. Given Mariah's personality, it sorta telegraphs "Chip On My Shoulder."

That would have been beautiful!  Fun colors shouldn't just be a young thing and I like that these women were so jazzed to have fancy hair.  I haven't done a crazy color in a long time but I went back to red after being blonde for years.  Red just fits me better.  It has been fun playing with color again.  I would LOVE your colors!

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That would have been beautiful!  Fun colors shouldn't just be a young thing and I like that these women were so jazzed to have fancy hair.  I haven't done a crazy color in a long time but I went back to red after being blonde for years.  Red just fits me better.  It has been fun playing with color again.  I would LOVE your colors!

My natural color is a light brown and I've been a redhead for years. Right now it's a bright copper-red, but I'm thinking of going a lighter, more strawberry-blonde color. I have bronze and purple in the cabinet but haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

My feeling is, people should do whatever the hell they want with their hair and if folks don't like it, too bad, lol! Sure, others will talk, but if you're happy, that's all that matters. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

lularoemeribrown @mariahbrwn our friend the yoga instructor told me again the other day he still thinks you should teach, you have that yoga energy about you! :)

Because she exudes a calm and soothing energy. NOT.

She's the exact opposite of my instructor!

• Love 9

That is exactly what I thought.  She is posing the way a little kid does. The goofy top knot isn't helping.

And what is "cute" is in the eye of the beholder, Mariah. You proclaiming it about yourself only begs the question, and I'm not sure you would like my answer.

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I think Mariah suffers from body dysmorphia.   She truly believes she is cute, beautiful, whatever.   I'm all for being happy with yourself, but she is just ridiculous.

People with body dysmorphia obsess on real or imagined physical flaws.  IMHO, she's more likely to have REVERSE body dysmorphia.  She thinks she's cute . . . and obsesses over that.

• Love 11

Mariah is giddy with glee over herself, from her everyday food choices, the aroma she inhales, her love for Audge and the dogs to her exercise and bathing routines.

Get over yourself Mariah and crack those books, someone is paying a lot of money for your education, not to be a "Chi-town blogger"

• Love 11
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I think Mariah suffers from body dysmorphia.   She truly believes she is cute, beautiful, whatever.   I'm all for being happy with yourself, but she is just ridiculous.

She is cute, beautiful, or whatever. Her personality may suck, but physically she is a very attractive young woman. I think with her hair dyed she looks a lot like her girlfriend. The two of them together kind of make a matched set. 

• Love 3

It's one thing to be body-confident and feel beautiful/cute. It's another thing to tell people about it every.damn.day and to post pictures that don't represent said confidence. Meri is the same way. If they really, Truly feel it, no reason to grind it into us with posts every day and #hasttagsthatexplainittousincasewedon'tgetit

• Love 22

To paraphrase an old saying "Beauty is as beauty does".  So far, she has demonstrated that she is a self-absorbed twit, maybe she will grow out of it, but with Meri and Kody as parental role models and their genes, I have misgivings about that.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

It's one thing to be body-confident and feel beautiful/cute. It's another thing to tell people about it every.damn.day and to post pictures that don't represent said confidence. Meri is the same way. If they really, Truly feel it, no reason to grind it into us with posts every day and #hasttagsthatexplainittousincasewedon'tgetit

Spot on.  It's like people who declare 50 times I day that they are "fashion forward" or "quirky" because, well, they never are. 

It's fine to feel good about yourself, dye your hair a hideous color, draw your eyebrows with a permanent marker, and wear all black skintight unflattering clothing which you apparently never change.  But don't tell the world how totally adorbs you are because, well, you aren't.

Paired with insipid platitudes, stupid hashtags, and your mother's personality, your postings are just eye rolling.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Spot on.  It's like people who declare 50 times I day that they are "fashion forward" or "quirky" because, well, they never are. 

It's fine to feel good about yourself, dye your hair a hideous color, draw your eyebrows with a permanent marker, and wear all black skintight unflattering clothing which you apparently never change.  But don't tell the world how totally adorbs you are because, well, you aren't.

Paired with insipid platitudes, stupid hashtags, and your mother's personality, your postings are just eye rolling.

I once had a friend who went on and on about what a hippie she had been/was still. It was exhausting, especially because there was no peace, lov e or harmony about her.  Poor Mariah has a personality of extremes. She was extremely judgemental l. Now she is extremely liberal, extremely in, extremely cool, extremely Chicago......she is exhausting too.

• Love 11

Mariah has two narcissistic parents, that think they are all that, so she in turn does the same.

Her hair looks fried from the poor do-it-myself dark hair dye.  When she was natural blonde as a teenager, she had nice hair.  Anything to prove she doesn't look like Mom Meri, I suppose.  

Is she in some graduate program that doesn't require any work, if the tuition is paid?  There used to be a joke about a private college in my state, that would grant a Master's or a Doctoral degree to anyone that had the money.  

ChiTown blogger, indeed.  It'll be interesting (or amusing!) to see if and where she actually becomes gainfully employed.  I wonder if Audge works?

• Love 5
12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

People with body dysmorphia obsess on real or imagined physical flaws.  IMHO, she's more likely to have REVERSE body dysmorphia.  She thinks she's cute . . . and obsesses over that.

Thank you for clarifying as that is indeed what I meant.   

• Love 5
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mariah has two narcissistic parents, that think they are all that, so she in turn does the same.

Her hair looks fried from the poor do-it-myself dark hair dye.  When she was natural blonde as a teenager, she had nice hair.  Anything to prove she doesn't look like Mom Meri, I suppose.  

Is she in some graduate program that doesn't require any work, if the tuition is paid?  There used to be a joke about a private college in my state, that would grant a Master's or a Doctoral degree to anyone that had the money.  

ChiTown blogger, indeed.  It'll be interesting (or amusing!) to see if and where she actually becomes gainfully employed.  I wonder if Audge works?

This. I've brought this up before and though it appears Mariah is "getting along" with her mother, there could still be some unsettled issues. Even if Mariah wanted to, it would be hell for her to go lighter at this point. She'd probably need to cut it short and let it grow out or she'll be left with a yellow-orange, straw-like bleached mess.

She really is too pale for that look--it ages her by like 5-7 years--but I think many of us did that kind of thing when we were younger. She may well look back and think, "Geez, what was "THAT?"

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

That is NOT a flattering angle - her leg looks like a haunch of hang.

I have to ask:  what is a haunch of hang?

Agreed that it's an awful picture.  Why did she put her frigging leg up like that, in the first place?  It just looks like hell.

• Love 4

Yawn.  Snooze.  In college, my friends and I had our funky little coffeehouses/taquerias/diners/etc. where we'd commiserate over our stressful lives while lazing around with our drinks/tacos/pancakes/whatever.  Been there, done that, didn't need to post on social media about it.

Though I am intrigued by, "Grief is Horny."  Say wha??

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Yawn.  Snooze.  In college, my friends and I had our funky little coffeehouses/taquerias/diners/etc. where we'd commiserate over our stressful lives while lazing around with our drinks/tacos/pancakes/whatever.  Been there, done that, didn't need to post on social media about it.

By posing in front of those playbills, Mariah is trying to impress with just how much of the Chi-town counter culture she is now a part of.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

By posing in front of those playbills, Mariah is trying to impress with just how much of the Chi-town counter culture she is now a part of.

She is the living/breathing definition of poser/poseur.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Gotta do it...#griefishorny

See also...#hashtaggingisnthard #ijustateicecreamfromthecartonsothecaloriesdontcount #thebrownsarenowherenearascuteandcleverastheythinktheyare

• Love 5
On 11/1/2018 at 4:09 AM, ginger90 said:

Meri chimes in:

lularoemeribrown @mariahbrwn our friend the yoga instructor told me again the other day he still thinks you should teach, you have that yoga energy about you! :)

I despise the "artistic" trend of photographs of feet. I've seen this all over for the last 5-10 years and I don't want to see bare feet! Why ruin a beautiful picture of the ocean by blocking it with feet?! Your face, fine, but decades from now your offspring's offspring will not be viewing family photos and say, "Oh, look! It's great grandma!! I'd know those feet anywhere!"  Sorry, this is a big pet peeve of mine #itstroublinghowirritatedigetaboutfeetphotography

See, I can hashtag too!

Regarding the upthread discussion on hair colour: I colour (read: cover the ever spreading silver) a dark brown, which is very close to my natural colour. I'm also so pale that I joke about being a vampire. It was only in the last five years or so when makeup brands have been expanding their colour ranges that I have actually found foundations in a few brands that match my skin. I've always had to buy the lightest colour and those weren't light enough until some higher end brands started carrying shades of "snow" and "porcelain". So, I have really dark hair, porcelain snow vampire skin, and green eyes. I wear black nearly exclusively, not as a fashion statement per say but I just started about ten years ago after my pancreatic cancer and my dad dying (RIP, beloved Daddy--he died ten years ago on the 18th, which also happens to be my oldest daughter's birthday; November is a mixed bag for me). It's not to be morbid or anything and it wasn't a conscious decision; I like remembering Johnny Cash wore all black, too. Yeah, I'm a weirdo. 

Has anyone seen the British comedy "Are You Being Served?"? You have to appreciate British humour to enjoy it, but the character Mrs Slocum always has brightly coloured hair--purple, pink, blue, green, yellow--any colour you can imagine. The actress dyed her hair for the part for the first season, but it fried her hair so badly it just broke apart. After the first season, she wore wigs but I always laugh when she walks in with a new colour. 

• Love 13