Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

"...for my some of my favorite people." 

😳

Yeh there's veggies, but they're swimming in a sea of oil and cheese, and no protein source really.  The healthy vegans I'm acquainted with know how to create a balanced meal with protein included (Not that this is vegan unless the cheese is non-dairy).

I'm sure there was a big dessert and a few drinks that we aren't seeing here.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

If you are going to claim yourself as a Chicago Foodie, make sure it is at least plated nice. 

Seriously!   put the salad in a separate salad bowl or on a small plate.  This just looks sloppy and unappetizing which is the opposite of the effect she wanted.  

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Twopper said:

This just looks sloppy and unappetizing which is the opposite of the effect she wanted. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  There is a true art to photographing food and they have obviously never taken that art class.  You can't just point your phone at a plate and hope it doesn't come out looking like something out of the garbage disposal.

I have a friend that takes pictures for food magazines.  Some of his sessions take hours.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I have a friend that takes pictures for food magazines.  Some of his sessions take hours.

I had a friend (RIP) who prepared the food to be photographed.  You would not want to eat it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Damn, those portions are huge! At first I thought maybe all that sludge was on a small salad plate. But looking at her arm and the floor tiles I can tell that it’s a regular dinner plate. The cheesy potatoes alone are probably 800-1000 calories. No wonder the two of them keep getting bigger. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

221AD90B-5054-4D8B-98D7-3DA1D377E6C1.jpeg

She is so self righteous. Finger wagging at any/everything!  Newsflash Mariah!!! He killed tons of Syrians, and I’d bet top dollar you’d be just as hateful to him as you are to those who don’t think ‘woke’, if you really truly knew what this man did! Iranians and Iraqis I know are happy that he’s gone!

• Love 8
15 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

No wonder those two are fat. That veggie burrito meal looks to be around 700 calories at least. 

Nothing against vegetarians, but a lot of vegetarians I have known are significantly overweight because of all the cheese (if they're not vegan), starchy carbs, sugars and forms of vegetable fats they consume in order to make their vegetables more tasty.  I actually think some people find it harder to eat a healthy vegetarian diet than others and she seems to be one of them.  I think that like everything else she does, it's for show and because she thinks it's somehow trendy and befitting someone as "woke" and progressive as she is, not because it's really what she wants to be doing.  Which is why she has to pile on the unhealthy, fattening ingredients just to feel satisfied.

8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

As this is site is non-political I will not comment on this.

LOL, but why do I have a feeling that if you did, I would agree with you?

Edited by Yeah No
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I am most grateful that this site is not political! it is bombarded on us everywhere else and i am so glad to find a place where it is NOT! Thank you Primetimer!

Agreed.  I get enough of that at the truckstops.  Can't go have a coffee without getting bombarded with political opinions. 🙃 Sheesh.  😄

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I am most grateful that this site is not political! it is bombarded on us everywhere else and i am so glad to find a place where it is NOT! Thank you Primetimer!

I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YA. One of the BIG reasons I left social media. Couldn't deal with the hate, it's heartbreaking. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Nothing against vegetarians, but a lot of vegetarians I have known are significantly overweight because of all the cheese (if they're not vegan), starchy carbs, sugars and forms of vegetable fats they consume in order to make their vegetables more tasty.  I actually think some people find it harder to eat a healthy vegetarian diet than others and she seems to be one of them.  I think that like everything else she does, it's for show and because she thinks it's somehow trendy and befitting someone as "woke" and progressive as she is, not because it's really what she wants to be doing.  Which is why she has to pile on the unhealthy, fattening ingredients just to feel satisfied.

LOL, but why do I have a feeling that if you did, I would agree with you?

Yup I agree she’s trying to appear trendy and “with it”, as are a lot of people who claim vegan/veggie. I follow a mostly plant based diet because my physiology prefers it, but I do still use bone broth, yogurt and kefir. In fact after my long runs I have a big mug of bone broth and later, a bean/veggie dish. 

Leads me to wonder if Mariah is still running or if she’s given that up. Feeding your body for running is strategic and often shouldn’t include giant burritos (unless one has just finished a marathon and wants to celebrate). But, overeating is common amongst new runners because they mistakenly think they burn more calories than they actually do. I’ve seen new runners GAIN weight—when I try to tell ‘em, they claim they’re building muscle. Uh huh—that’s generally not the case unless someone is “skinny fat” to begin with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

My coach works an occasional "refeed meal" into my plan. Usually linked to an eating Holiday, birthday, party, vacation, date etc. It's something to look forward to and keeps me on track knowing I can have my goodies (including a big burrito if I want!!!) eventually. 

• Love 4

Gender is a social contract? I mean I know that we're going for complete equality these days, but God and or nature gave most of us either a penis or a vagina.

She's certainly entitled to her opinion on "diet culture". Shall we place bets on how much weight she's going to gain in 2020? 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 10

She’s such a patronising twerp. I wouldn’t take a lecture from anyone seriously, if they can’t even use capital letters when delivering it. 🙄

As usual we get her serious condescending lecture alongside a cheesy, squinty-eyed, narcissistic picture of her wokeness herself (which fits neither the tone or context of her message). I figure her thought process is to regurgitate the thoughts of other woke folx to impress them while also lording herself above those that disagree (see how much more intelligent, woke and forward-thinking I am), then pairing it with a conceited picture of herself to gain the likes and ‘you’re so beautiful and carefree’ comments from sycophants who care nothing of the lecture but want to fan girl her...either way both tactics serve only to gain compliments, to fuel her massive ego. It literally achieves nothing else of purpose. 

• Love 24
On 12/30/2019 at 2:43 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I love Fred Willard!  He was so great on Roseanne, and he was in two of my favorite movies,  A Mighty Wind, and How to Beat the High Cost of Living.

I must confess:  I went to a convention several years ago, and one of my tablemates took pictures of what we were served.  I thought, WTF?  Who does that?  Apparently Mariah thinks that is post worthy.  I beg to differ.  Never done that, and never will.  Who the hell gives a shit?  

He was also great in Fernwood Tonight.  I keep forgetting to buy How to Beat the High Cost of Living.  Off to look for it...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

He was also great in Fernwood Tonight.  I keep forgetting to buy How to Beat the High Cost of Living.  Off to look for it...

OT:  If you look at the kitchen cabinets that one of the women (was it Jessica Lange?) had in the movie, those are exactly what my kitchen had, until we remodeled a year + ago.  Ug-lie!

BTT:  I'm pretty sure Kootie will use Mariah's upcoming "weddingk" to pitch for another season.  If it had been already filmed, someone surely would have spilled the beans by now.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

BTT:  I'm pretty sure Kootie will use Mariah's upcoming "weddingk" to pitch for another season.  If it had been already filmed, someone surely would have spilled the beans by now.

I'm waiting for the baby burrito season with fat Tony gobbling tacos while Mykelti wallows in the tub. 

Maybe we'll get naked Tony sitting in bed with the baby like Caleb... 😮

• LOL 3
20 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

Fight heteropatriarchy. Hmmmmm. Let’s start with you, Mariah. And don’t do it just because the cameras are on.

If you really wanted to fight it, you’d have denounced polygamy long ago.

Faker.

Bingo!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

She takes the worst pictures.

Haha, yup. Those jeans don't help her much--I realize that's a trend now, but doesn't work well if one is stumpy and stocky. And, the squinting. Just, why? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Haha, yup. Those jeans don't help her much--I realize that's a trend now, but doesn't work well if one is stumpy and stocky. And, the squinting. Just, why? 

The creases in the crotch area look old like jeans that need to be washed and her sweater looks like it's been laying on the floor in a pile of dirty clothes.

Why does she always look so dirty, greasy, sweaty and stinky?

Her squinty eyes, cheesy grin, huge barbell nose gear and pigeon toes are the icing on her crap cake.

I hope she keeps her shoes on because bare feet in sneakers are not a good combo .....I bet the stink would knock Godzilla on his ass. 

• LOL 3
On 1/6/2020 at 1:27 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I'm waiting for the baby burrito season with fat Tony gobbling tacos while Mykelti wallows in the tub. 

Maybe we'll get naked Tony sitting in bed with the baby like Caleb... 😮

OMG!  THE HORRORS.  Their is no enough very bleach to feel my eyes from the sight of FT.  Shudders.

Just now, toodles said:

OMG!  THE HORRORS.  Their is not enough very bleach to feel my eyes from the sight of FT.  Shudders.

Just now, toodles said:

OMG!  THE HORRORS.  Their is no enough eye bleach to cure my eyes from the sight of naked  FT.  Shudders.

1 minute ago, toodles said:

OMG!  THE HORRORS.  Their is no enough very bleach to feel my eyes from the sight of FT.  Shudders.

• LOL 4

Oh, poor widdle Z-list "celebrity" spoiled brat is feeling put upon.  So now she'll need to quit school and work so that she can devote all of her time to self care.

I good swift kick to the rear end would be my cure.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Whiskered cropped jeans are like so 7 years ago already.....😉

8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, poor widdle Z-list "celebrity" spoiled brat is feeling put upon.  So now she'll need to quit school and work so that she can devote all of her time to self care.

I good swift kick to the rear end would be my cure.

It's probably all that hate she's exposing herself to (and absorbing) from spending too much time on social media.  It's no wonder so many people her age are depressed and need therapy.  Then she goes online and regurgitates the hate on her own social media pages.  I don't even have a Twitter account and I want to keep it that way.  I blame social media for a lot of the divisive, hateful atmosphere these days.  You can't even respectfully disagree with someone anymore without being shouted down and called the devil or worse.  It's such a waste of time and bad for the soul and the world in general, IMHO.  It gives people a very skewed view of reality and the social situation in our world today.  They generalize from their own tiny little perspective to the rest of the world.  Everything is blown up out of proportion.  If there are a handful of truly nasty people they start projecting that nastiness on everyone that even remotely disagrees with them and conclude that they're all these horrible things.  They think they are victims of this horrible mob of millions of people out to squelch them.  Social media encourages paranoia, and then groups of similarly paranoid people get together and perpetuate that paranoia tenfold via confirmation bias and pit themselves against this imagined horde of people that hate them.  It's dangerous.  Meanwhile, recent studies support that people in the US today are by far more socially open minded and accepting of alternate lifestyles than ever before, even on a subconscious level, as this article explains.  The reality doesn't match up.

• Love 23