Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I thought the dress with the bit of lace applique near the hem that Gok chose was the prettiest and most flattering on the British bride.

I really liked that dress the best too, but I'm glad the one she chose had some sparkle on it.  No offense to those who like the plain dresses, but I find them boring!  I know they're  sophisticated and classic, but I like a little embellishment on a wedding dress!  Some of those dresses just need a little pizazz!  Not the Pinina kind of pizazz, but a just a little sparkle here and there or a little lace to add some interest to the dress.  I really don't like the dresses that sit so low across the chest either.  I want to reach through the screen and pull them up!  

• Love 2
On 2/9/2020 at 11:08 AM, Ynicknan said:

I now watch the show just to see Randy’s vast plaid pant collection. He, and his pants, are the best. 

On 2/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, princelina said:

Haha I was thinking tonight that his pants are getting gayer every week 😄 😊

I like Randy a lot and think most of his designs are lovely (or at least well-done, even if not my taste)..  But agreed - the plaid skinny pants are kind of cracking me up.  : )

On 2/9/2020 at 9:44 AM, cameron said:

Also of  note even though she is representing the District of Columbia, she lives in Arlington Virginia.  Close but no cigar.

She had some great comedic delivery going on, though, especially in her THs.  Made me LOL a few times : )

On 2/9/2020 at 5:38 PM, atlantaloves said:

That was a really pretty gal who has destroyed her body and any chance for any kind of career.  (yeah, I said it). 

On 2/9/2020 at 11:07 PM, Irlandesa said:

There are  plenty of careers that would have no problem with her tattoos.  Besides, weren't most of them in places that could easily be covered up should she choose?

I have no actual data to back this up, but my personal experience/anecdotal evidence says this just isn't at all accurate.  I'm at attorney at a firm in one of the largest cities in TX, and our only female partner has multiple tattoos, mostly on her arms, as well as one on her ankle, and I can think of at least two other female attorneys who have tattoos that are either always visible or sometimes visible, as well. Also, one of my closest friends has arm tattoos, one on her upper chest (think below the neck, above the shoulder bone), and a few on her legs (those are just the ones sometimes visible), and she's an oncologist.

In the office, they normally either wear long sleeves or a light weight cardigan over a blouse of some sort, even in the summer when it's 100+ degrees.  Idk, maybe because work-appropriate attire is relatively modest regardless, but it's just not a thing.  As in, doesn't even comes up in conversation.  Nevertheless a career killer...

On 2/12/2020 at 1:05 PM, dogdays2 said:

One thing I do like about the British version is that it reminds women that you don't have to spend $5,000+ on a dress to look beautiful. 

On 2/13/2020 at 9:01 AM, amarante said:

Don't get me wrong - I think it is insane to spend $10,000 or more on a dress unless one is truly wealthy. But I also think it is insane for non-wealthy people to spend $20,000 or $30,000 on a wedding which is the average amount . . 

I can admire expensive dresses all day long from afar, but completely agree even the absolute minimum price point required for a dress from Kleifeld seems a little crazy. I spent around $700 on my wedding dress - and felt ridiculous.  And that was with both of us bringing in professional level salaries.  Just SO. MUCH. MONEY. for a dress you wear for a few hours.  And while I get the pictures are going to last forever, you can get beautiful pics without spending $5k+.  And besides, most marriages aren't going to last forever, so there's that . . .  ; )  

On 2/3/2020 at 6:08 PM, rur said:

Even though I know that wedding dresses are sized smaller than the average dress, I was still surprised by the bride who had gained 10 pounds and was concerned that her dress wouldn't fit. 

Also, the dress -- long illusion sleeves, beaded -- haven't we now seen this dress in all the episodes this season? IIRC, in the first episode the bride wanted it, in the second it went back to the rack, and now in the third it was being fitted. It's a lovely dress, but dang, show! How about a little more variety? 

Does it make me a bad person that I snickered to myself when I saw her back on my screen admitting she'd gained weight?  (Rhetorical question, to be clear... no answer required)  ; )  Her entitled attitude from her first episode was so off-putting - and she was so smug about breaking into modeling soon, maintaining her appearance, etc.  Not to mention that the average salary for professional bball players in Europe barely reaches $100k.  I suppose it's possible her guy is an exception and making bank, but think it's highly likely she spends way more time putting together a carefully crafted image to display on social media than she spends being a "WAG" enjoying the "finer things in life."  ::eye roll::  

I also agree about the dress she chose.  I much prefer to see a variety of dresses and don't especially care for this particular dress, either.  I think it's something about the bust...  always makes me think of breastplate armor. (I did find it somewhat amusing that the special snowflake ended up with the most selected dress by far on the last SYTTD season, however....  because yes, I am a bad person (see above) : )=

dresss.JPG.f3378ee173462193c83f87a5d8a97f8a.JPG

On 2/3/2020 at 8:37 PM, amarante said:

A few years ago there was an exceptionally lovely Lazaro dress that was very simple except for a lovely detail at the waist and I believe it was most popular in blush. It was selected and/or tried on by a lot of brides that season.

On 2/3/2020 at 11:05 PM, CrazyMoon said:

I saw that Lazaro gown up close. It is spectacular. And it seemed to look great on everyone. 

One of my SYTTD all-time faves!  ❤️ this dress!

dress.JPG.4d0ca26e6d6c68436004c2892c43a7d7.JPG

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 4

These woman act like they are running for election to "represent their state"!  And there is SO much pressure on them...according to their talking heads.

No one is sitting every week saying...geez I hope they pick the best dress to represent our state. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I've noticed this too. When the Georgia bride talked about being "Miss Georgia" I attributed it to her particular personality and mindset. But since it's been occurring every week and the odds are against (I hope) every chosen bride seeing this opportunity as something equivalent to representing one's state in the Miss America pageant, I'm thinking that the show runners must be telling them to talk up representing their state.

And, once again, Show, we know they're going to find their dress. Stop having them say after trying two dresses that they don't think they'll be able to get one! It's not even suspenseful any more.

• Love 6

Is anyone else already tired of the brides representing states theme this season?  Most of it just feels like filler - I watch to see beautiful dresses, not learn about the United States and the over-the-top brides representing them.

I loved the first gown on the blond this week (with the 3 guys).  I thought it was way more special than the other one she picked.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, KATBOW said:

I loved the first gown on the blond this week (with the 3 guys).  I thought it was way more special than the other one she picked.

I agree. The one she picked with the plunging V filled with "skin tone" sheer fabric (that never matches anyone's skin tone) looked cheap and tacky. To me, that look isn't flattering to anyone and is borderline slutty.

• Love 8
On 2/12/2020 at 6:37 PM, kirklandia said:

Frugalista alert - I Found the Gown can still be found - On Demand.

I think the show is on my Hulu as well.   Can they bring this show back????  Pretty Please!!!!!!!  And the other one where the designer/seamstress lady would rework an old gown or the consultant guy would try to sell the bride a new dress.  Some of the creations the designer presented were so lovely and unique!  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Aunt Catfish said:

the other one where the designer/seamstress lady would rework an old gown or the consultant guy would try to sell the bride a new dress.  

Something Borrowed, Something New - I did enjoy that show!  Maybe  because I got married (in 1977) in my MIL's wedding gown (from the Forties).  Partly because I was into vintage, partly because I was cost-conscious.  But I never got to try on any other wedding gowns.  Maybe that's why I enjoyed shopping with my daughter so much (and why I watch this show).

Edited by kirklandia
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, kirklandia said:

Something Borrowed, Something New - I did enjoy that show!  Maybe  because I got married (in 1977) in my MIL's wedding gown (from the Forties).  Partly because I was into vintage, partly because I was cost-conscious.  But I never got to try on any other wedding gowns.  Maybe That's why I enjoyed shopping with my daughter so much (and why I watch this show).

I totally understand and I wish my mother had had a gown I could have worn. I got married in 1975 and went to a bridal shop to try on a gown I saw in the window. It was gorgeous ivory satin and cost $600. I was paying for the entire wedding myself so I sadly couldn't afford it. I got a Vogue pattern and made my gown of ivory crepe in an empire waist style with lace around the relatively low neckline. It had long sleeves and covered buttons on the cuffs. I also made my veil and my maid of honor's dress. Total cost of $35. The entire wedding was $300 out of pocket. Not at all elaborate, but it suited me and we're celebrating 45 years of marriage in May.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, KATBOW said:

Is anyone else already tired of the brides representing states theme this season?  

The whole concept is just stupid. As if one single dress is representative of every bride in an entire state.

• Love 6

IMHO, the concept of a mass wedding is . . . weird.  It reminds me of the "Moonie" weddings of years ago.  Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but for me a wedding ceremony is a time to celebrate a union with (what you hope will be) your partner for life.  The reception is to celebrate that event with your family and friends -- not 50 other brides and their friends and relatives plus a bunch of hangers-on.

I can't help but think it's a way for brides who don't have a lot of money to get the show to pay for much of their wedding.  Perhaps a fair trade, but I've attended wonderful weddings (not just dresses) done for less than $2000 -- and the marriages are going strong decades later.  Think that's how I'd do it, but that's just me.  

• Love 9

Maybe being part of a media event is what makes being in the wedding attractive -- nobody before (to my knowledge) sponsored a mass wedding with a bride from each state in Central Park. With so many people posting so much of their lives on social media, I guess the allure of being a "star" of an event is very attractive to some folks. (even though, literally, each bride was just a face in the crowd in the group picture: Randy and Haley were center stage.)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, rur said:

Maybe being part of a media event is what makes being in the wedding attractive -- nobody before (to my knowledge) sponsored a mass wedding with a bride from each state in Central Park. With so many people posting so much of their lives on social media, I guess the allure of being a "star" of an event is very attractive to some folks. (even though, literally, each bride was just a face in the crowd in the group picture: Randy and Haley were center stage.)

I kinda feel sorry for the grooms.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

IMHO, the concept of a mass wedding is . . . weird.  It reminds me of the "Moonie" weddings of years ago.  Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but for me a wedding ceremony is a time to celebrate a union with (what you hope will be) your partner for life.  The reception is to celebrate that event with your family and friends -- not 50 other brides and their friends and relatives plus a bunch of hangers-on.

I can't help but think it's a way for brides who don't have a lot of money to get the show to pay for much of their wedding.  Perhaps a fair trade, but I've attended wonderful weddings (not just dresses) done for less than $2000 -- and the marriages are going strong decades later.  Think that's how I'd do it, but that's just me.  

Ha! Mine was in a courthouse, for the cost of the license and a few Benjamins more! Dress was off the rack. Marriage lasted over 40 years, until Death did us part. 

I still don't get Randy's "States" gimmick. Seems to me we have what, 43 states to go? 😯🤔 And the payoff is a big mass wedding, like the Rev. Sun Yung Moon does it? Nope, don't get it.

• Love 4

They are not doing all of the states on the show, a lot of them are web extras.  Not sure why the ones chosen made it, perhaps they had the best sob stories I guess.  When you see the web show, it's obvious they got a slightly different treatment than the ones they filmed for the show.  It almost seems like their segments were filmed in a hallway, and the consultants are usually not the ones we see every Saturday night.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 11:05 PM, CrazyMoon said:

Does anyone else suspect that Hayley Paige had her lips done? That tone on tone striped ballgown the PA bride tried on first is one of my favorites...but her entourage was right, it swallowed her.

If she didn't, she was having a terrible allergic reaction to something.  Between her ratty hair with the bad dye job, the overdone brows and the swollen lips; a perfectly attractive woman has messed with her looks to her detriment.

I liked the white on white striped fabric, too, but the gown was the wrong style for that bride.  I also hate handkerchief hems and wish we could've seen that fabric in a gown with a regular skirt.

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 8:38 PM, cameron said:

The last bride with those hideous tats and wanting a beautiful tasteful gown has to know that those two elements don't mesh.  Her tats were horrible.

I was struck by how she claimed her role models for wedding attire were Jackie O and Audrey Hepburn.  I cannot imagine either one of them sporting full sleeves of juvenile tats, ever, let alone in a wedding dress.  Nor can I imagine anyone looking at her and her distracting artwork on her arms and thinking of Jackie or Audrey. 

I think if someone wants to do full sleeves of tattoos, fine by me.  But don't try to pretend that it will look sophisticated or elegant.  It was clear from the get-go that she really didn't have anything in common with Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn style-wise and no amount of claiming that they were her inspiration would make it true.

• Love 11

I don't care much for sleeve tats, but what bugs me is when there's no theme.  Just random tattoos all over the arm.  Imo, if you have to do it, pick something like, for ex.,  flowers and leaves, toss in butterflies, dragon flies, ladybugs, a lizard and have it all blend together and not have two or three inches between tattoos.  Not that the sleeveless dresses would look any better.....but still.  I've seen the random tats a lot lately and just had to get that off my chest!  🙂

• Love 4
On 2/19/2020 at 3:34 PM, DiamondGirl said:

I DESPISE the “celebrity” guests, too.  (Seriously, the Duggars?)

They need to go back to anonymous people.  So much more interesting.

After seeing the Long Island Medium‘s daughter & the Cake Boss‘s wife on the show in recent repeats (at least the 1 with Mrs. Cake Boss was a repeat to me), the thought crossed my mind that if the show lasts long enough we’ll see either the Outdaughtered mother come in looking for a vow renewal dress, or her daughters (if not all 6, at least the quints) come in looking for wedding dresses (& their firstborn is almost 9, while the quints are almost 5... so we have awhile to go on those girls), or Zoey Klein from The Little Couple come in looking for her wedding dress (& I think she’s only, like, 8 right now). I don’t think Zoey’s mom, Jen, would come looking for a vow renewal dress because there was a vow renewal on their show already—I think it was, like, their 10th anniversary & Jen’s husband, Bill, planned the renewal as a surprise, including having Houston-based Project Runway winner Chloe Dao (who’d done dresses for Jen before) design a dress for Jen to wear in her favorite color of Tiffany Blue.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

...including having Houston-based Project Runway winner Chloe Dao (who’d done dresses for Jen before) design a dress for Jen to wear in her favorite color of Tiffany Blue.

I think Chloe does most of Jen's fancy clothes because 1) she likes the styles and 2) Chloe knows how to fit Jen perfectly. I seriously doubt she'd use Kleinfelds - it's more likely she'd have Zoey's dress made by Chloe as well.  Nothing off of any rack would ever fit properly.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I want Randy to have to do a gown for that big fabulous Whitney girl.  I only know her or the show from commercials so I have no idea if she’s getting married or anything, but she seems like she’d be a nightmare.

God would have to help whoever her Kleinfeld consultant is because Whitney doesn't wear underwear.  

• LOL 1

When I saw Tat Girl’s juvenile artwork, I just couldn’t figure out why anyone would get tats like those.  A bubblegum machine, candy canes, cartoon characters and all the rest, and not in subtle tones.  Can you imagine what they will look like in 30 years? 

I thought the DC bride was beyond picky and annoying.  And what was with her and wanting a flat chest?  I get the feeling that a lot of these brides don’t appreciate what they’re getting and are turning into minor bridezillas. 

5 hours ago, readheaded said:

God would have to help whoever her Kleinfeld consultant is because Whitney doesn't wear underwear.  

I think she does, I don't watch the show but was talked in to watching an episode where she goes to a bridal store, tries on a few dresses (there was no reason for her to try on any dress, no fiance) then pouted about something whilst sitting on the couch in the showroom, in her bra and panties, seriously!  She sat in the middle of this bridal shop in her underwear complaining about whatever to her mother and friend. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think she does, I don't watch the show but was talked in to watching an episode where she goes to a bridal store, tries on a few dresses (there was no reason for her to try on any dress, no fiance) then pouted about something whilst sitting on the couch in the showroom, in her bra and panties, seriously!  She sat in the middle of this bridal shop in her underwear complaining about whatever to her mother and friend. 

Maybe she wore them that day, but she's said several times on the show, including a show this season, that she doesn't wear underwear.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

When I saw Tat Girl’s juvenile artwork, I just couldn’t figure out why anyone would get tats like those.  A bubblegum machine, candy canes, cartoon characters and all the rest, and not in subtle tones.  Can you imagine what they will look like in 30 years? 

I thought the DC bride was beyond picky and annoying.  And what was with her and wanting a flat chest?  I get the feeling that a lot of these brides don’t appreciate what they’re getting and are turning into minor bridezillas. 

DC bride was so picky then ended up with the most generic strapless gown ever.  All that drama to end up with that, and it definitely did not make her chest look flat. She had a huge diamond in that ring if it was real.

Tat Girl had a nice family - 8k for that dress though, yikes.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2020 at 7:06 PM, Shannon L. said:

I don't care much for sleeve tats, but what bugs me is when there's no theme.  Just random tattoos all over the arm.

I thought that particular bride’s tats looked like they were designs taken from a child’s coloring book 

• Love 4
On 2/21/2020 at 6:08 PM, DiamondGirl said:

I want Randy to have to do a gown for that big fabulous Whitney girl

Ugh! Don’t give them any ideas. She’s insufferable. She’s supposed to be getting engaged this season “The Road to the Ring” but there’s much speculation the prospective groom is just a hired famewhore. 

• Love 6
On 2/20/2020 at 1:24 PM, doodlebug said:

If she didn't, she was having a terrible allergic reaction to something.  Between her ratty hair with the bad dye job, the overdone brows and the swollen lips; a perfectly attractive woman has messed with her looks to her detriment.

I liked the white on white striped fabric, too, but the gown was the wrong style for that bride.  I also hate handkerchief hems and wish we could've seen that fabric in a gown with a regular skirt.

Yellow hair and bumble gum pink lipstick not a good combination on her, but at least she wasn't wearing one of her hats perched on the back of her head.  I always want to rip it off of her head and put it on correctly.

• Love 1
On 2/9/2020 at 7:38 PM, cameron said:

The last bride with those hideous tats and wanting a beautiful tasteful gown has to know that those two elements don't mesh.  Her tats were horrible.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, doodlebug said:

Nor can I imagine anyone looking at her and her distracting artwork on her arms and thinking of Jackie or Audrey...

But don't try to pretend that it will look sophisticated or elegant.  It was clear from the get-go that she really didn't have anything in common with Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn style-wise and no amount of claiming that they were her inspiration would make it true.

Taking tattoos out of it, generally speaking, I do think it's fun sometimes to mix two very different styles together.  If done well, the juxtaposition can create a striking and unique look that's way more interesting than just taking lock, stock, and barrel a style that's been around forever .

On 2/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, CrazyMoon said:

Does anyone else suspect that Hayley Paige had her lips done? That tone on tone striped ballgown the PA bride tried on first is one of my favorites...but her entourage was right, it swallowed her.

Hayley and Pnina both have horrible fish lips, which is such an unattractive (and slightly freakish) look IMHO.  But, to Hayley's credit, at least she isn't the Queen of the Stripper Fairy Dress, so there's that...

On 2/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, dogdays2 said:

IMHO, the concept of a mass wedding is . . . weird.  

On 2/19/2020 at 10:43 AM, rur said:

Maybe being part of a media event is what makes being in the wedding attractive .... (even though, literally, each bride was just a face in the crowd in the group picture: Randy and Haley were center stage.)

Seems way to impersonal to really feel like a wedding to me.  I can see how for some people, it would be a fun, cool event... but I can't quite wrap my head around it taking the place of a more traditional wedding.  So, in that context, it makes a lot more sense to me for something like that to be of interest to Not-First-Time Brides, brides who have lost a parent or something that makes a traditional wedding set up too painful to them, etc.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:29 AM, BUGGAL said:

They are not doing all of the states on the show, a lot of them are web extras.... When you see the web show, it's obvious they got a slightly different treatment than the ones they filmed for the show.  It almost seems like their segments were filmed in a hallway....

I noticed that too and was like, "WTH?!?"  And I could've sworn I heard several references to the brides only having two days until the wedding occurred.  As in, 2 days to select their dresses and for the alterations to be completed.  Sorry, but that doesn't sound like a fun time to me.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:41 PM, BradandJanet said:

Maybe the couples plan to have regular family weddings too, so some of the dresses will get another showing.

I've wondered a few times if the brides get to keep the dresses.  Wouldn't shock me if Kleinfeld takes them back and sticks them in the next Blowout Sale.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:08 PM, DiamondGirl said:

I want Randy to have to do a gown for that big fabulous Whitney girl.  I only know her or the show from commercials so I have no idea if she’s getting married or anything, but she seems like she’d be a nightmare.

@DiamondGirl, Randy has done absolutely nothing to deserve that! ; )  Besides, I'm sure Whitney will just open a new pack of white leggings, pair them with a white sports bra, and call it good.  : )

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/19/2020 at 2:48 PM, CruiseDiva said:

I kinda feel sorry for the grooms.

I don't.  They look pretty happy for their brides.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:41 PM, BradandJanet said:

Maybe the couples plan to have regular family weddings too, so some of the dresses will get another showing.

Yep.  For the those who are married to the idea of a traditional family wedding, they can still do it even if it is a "second time."  But not everyone wants that and it doesn't have to be a divorce or tragic backstory as to why they don't want that.

There's a reason a lot of couples decide to elope.  This is just another exciting way to do that.

I wish the American version would do more of the thing Gok does with some of his brides and craft a dress with a top of one and a bottom of another. 

• Love 2
On 2/23/2020 at 8:56 PM, Irlandesa said:

I wish the American version would do more of the thing Gok does with some of his brides and craft a dress with a top of one and a bottom of another. 

I’ve seen Pnina, Hayley Paige and Lazaro do that but the catch is both top and bottom have to be their design and the customization is very expensive 

• Love 3

I've just binged SYTTD America the 9 eps that have been on and I'm really confused why do they only do 1 bride for the mass wedding on each episode and then a normal SYTTD bride? We've been told that they're going to do like 42 brides in one day/weekend or something so we know we're not going to see all of them going through their choices, we'll probably just get to see the dress they chose, wouldn't it have made more sense to have had 3 of them on every week and skipped the real life wedding segment at the end or shown the brides from the mass wedding having a party in their State and wearing the dress again or something.

I think its nice to have brides who otherwise wouldn't have had a chance to be on SYTTD get the experience. We haven't heard any of them discuss budget so I assume the curated collection is being provided for free for them.

I actually think what could have been really interesting too is for each of the brides to have been accompanied by Randy to their local bridal store to pick out a dress and for him to give his opinion etc. Kleinfelds probably wouldn't have allowed it but it would have been interesting

34 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I am curious as to whether or not the 50 brides will all have different dresses.

From the photo, at least the ones you can see are wearing different dresses. I'm curious where the "special curated collection" came from and if it was just a bunch of leftover gowns they wanted to get rid of so they dreamed up this gimmick. image.thumb.png.56c316a804d85aab1cb185858fac3580.png

OK... So I just watched the ep where the bride, who was a belly dancer/paralegal, made this big deal outta having a detachable halter neck for her dress. Vera, the alterations head, made her 1. Then the bride(zilla) complained because she’d spent $1300 she claimed she didn’t have on a medallion piece that was supposed to be part of the detachable halter neck. She then complained, & complained some more, claiming she couldn’t afford the medallion (or maybe it was the halter neck Vera made for her, by this point), until she got the female owner of Kleinfeld to give her a credit on whatever it was. A) If she wanted that medallion incorporated, she should’ve given it to Vera to include in the halter neck, which it didn’t appear to me that she did (Vera seemed surprised when she started talking about it). B) Her wedding was the 1 shown at the end. She was wearing the halter neck Vera created for her, without the medallion she bitched so much about not being in the halter neck.

Okay, who but a famewhore would take their husband and SIX kids to Kleinfeld’s for a vow renewal gown? When the husband said he wasn’t staying for the appointment I yelled at the TV, “Take those brats with you!” Or at least the four youngest. 

• Love 4
On 2/23/2020 at 7:56 PM, Irlandesa said:

As much as I like Gok and think that he has designed some pretty dresses, some of the ones he pulls for his brides aren't flattering at all.   Most times he gets it right, but sometimes he really misses the mark!  I wasn't impressed with the ones he pulled on tonight's episode. 

6 hours ago, maggiegil said:

…..wouldn't it have made more sense to have had 3 of them on every week and skipped the real life wedding segment at the end or shown the brides from the mass wedding having a party in their State and wearing the dress again or something.

It probably wasn't feasible to fly them all in and feature them on the show, then fly them back for the wedding.  I'm glad they didn't do it that way.  I'm tired of the Fifty States brides.  I'm glad that they only featured one at a time.  Can this show get back to it's original formula now?  

5 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

She then complained, & complained some more, claiming she couldn’t afford the medallion (or maybe it was the halter neck Vera made for her, by this point), until she got the female owner of Kleinfeld to give her a credit on whatever it was.

I saw that too.  Maybe the owner of Kleinfeld figured it wasn't worth the hassle or bad publicity, so she gave in to her.  I'm sure they have to eat a few costs along the way in order to keep the peace.  Some bitching brides aren't worth the aggravation!  

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Okay, who but a famewhore would take their husband and SIX kids to Kleinfeld’s for a vow renewal gown? When the husband said he wasn’t staying for the appointment I yelled at the TV, “Take those brats with you!” Or at least the four youngest. 

I thought the same thing at first but the kids turned out to be well behaved.  They seem like a lovely family.  

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I thought the same thing at first but the kids turned out to be well behaved.  They seem like a lovely family.  

I'm watching again and I agree with you that they seem like good kids and a refreshing change from the opinionated little know-it-alls that they sometimes feature on the show. I thought it was interesting in the mother's original wedding pictures she had dark hair, now it's bright red like the littlest girl's. 

8 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm watching again and I agree with you that they seem like good kids and a refreshing change from the opinionated little know-it-alls that they sometimes feature on the show. I thought it was interesting in the mother's original wedding pictures she had dark hair, now it's bright red like the littlest girl's. 

I wonder if she used to dye her hair dark but then let it go back to ginger after she had her kids.