Type keyword(s) to search

Teresa Checks In Part 3: The Visit

• Start Topic

I'm confused about something. Last season on RHNJ the Gorgas were living in a rental while building a new house. But on this special they are back living in their old house.

The deal fell through on the sale of their house so they moved back in.

• Love 5

I totally called it. On the trip to see Teresa Joe Gorga was saying he was going to be strong. I said to myself, he will be a blubbering idiot. They show the No Filming in Prison. Then show them all returning to the car. Joe says he blubbered like an idiot. Haha I knew it. I also love now Melissa is not on the list. I love how damn beautiful Gia is and how she has so much maturity. I think she would have been this way even if she didn't have to deal with what she is dealing with. I love that Juicy Joe and Teresa are being strong and doing their time and I am looking forward to Teresa thriving after she gets out. Of course I care that they did some shenanigans. I think they are suffering for it and when their sentences are over I hope they thrive. I only wish that the whole RHNJ franchise had been built around the Guidice family and the other stankers had never been on the show. I can't help it, I am team Guidice all the way.

I am too. I love watching this family, always have. No shame in my game, lol!
  • Love 6

So did Joe really try to say he didn't understand all the mortgage stuff, papers, etc. and that's how they ended up in this mess? Lord, I know these people are stupid but they are not THAT stupid. Maybe Teresa did not know everything that was going on, but Joe sure as hell knew what he was doing. It's like at the season 6 reunion Teresa tried to claim she didn't understand what was said in her plea deal. If that was the case, her attorney would have advised her not to sign, explained it to her, and then had her sign/agree to the plea deal if and when she finally did understand it. Same with Joe- if there was something he didn't get, he could have asked. So clearly they did understand and are just trying to play dumb. They are unreal.

Also with this whole Teresa writing a diary/book thing- isn't it illegal to make money off of a crime? I'm sure all or most money made from her book will go towards the restitution, but still, I would have thought she wouldn't be allowed to write about it and publish it.

• Love 8

These girls are hands down the MOST entertaining children in the history of children on the Housewives franchise. 

Honorable mention has to go to Milania, she's something.  So devilishly cute, and wants to be a nurse, awesome.

And I saw something tonight that I haven't really seen, but I knew deep down had to be in there and it was Gia's anger. She's pissed and rightly so, and unlike Milania who tortures everyone in the family and jacks their ATV's and just does shit to get her anger out LOL, Gia holds it in. Maybe she could take up boxing, I can see that, but she needs an outlet. The little one is too young to feel that kind of anger yet, Gabby has her OCD as an outlet and her soccer. That soccer is serious enough for her to miss a visit to see her mom, she must be pretty good.  I think Gia  needs something in addition to being able to hang out with her friends. 

She seemed just, I don't know how to describe that look she had when they finished praying in the chapel and saying goodbye to Teresa. She was just sitting there looking....

Edited by represent
  • Love 12

Melissa and Joe's closet? Looked like hell. For a house with tens of thousands of square feet, there should really be his-and-hers closets off the master bedroom. That closet was way too full and messy. Melissa knew it was going to be filmed, and she didn't color-coordinate or anything? Ok then.

If I took a shot every time Melissa interjected a nasally "you know" into one of her sentences, I'd be in a full alcoholic coma right now. She must have said it six to eight times just when she was chopping mushrooms. Yes, Melissa, WE KNOW.

These are some really unintelligent people. Joe Gorga just came off sounding so dumb when talking about visiting Teresa. He was expositing about it so much, but the only thought he seemed to be trying to express was that he was apprehensive at the idea of seeing Teresa in prison. Period. The end. That's it. I wish I could have just written a script for him. The show would have been a half hour.

Both Gorga parents only speak in broken English, so maybe that had a negative effect on Teresa and Joe's vocabularies growing up? But they went to school with English-speaking teachers and students, no? I think the reason they're so stupid is just that, stupidity.

Man, that lawyer is creepy. I was watching this with my boyfriend and I said to him, "Do me a favor--if I ever get sent to jail, don't sit around drinking wine and having meals with my lawyer." I know the guy is there for the sake of the show, to explain Teresa's legal circumstances to the viewer, but the guy has no personality or sense of humor, which makes his presence so awkward. He is like Rod Sterling at the beginning of each Twilight Zone episode, explaining to the viewer how the characters got into the predicament they're in. All he's missing is the smoking cigarette.

Gia has been wound so tight this episode, and it doesn't help anyone. Screaming at your little sister for everything she does doesn't make lil sis feel like there are boundaries and that there's a maternal figure watching over her--she's just going to feel micromanaged and screamed-at. I was really glad Joe called out her behavior and pulled her aside. I think Joe is doing a really good job of stepping up to the plate and raising the girls for a year. I don't think he needs Gia to be a mini mother figure or a disciplinarian. I think she should listen to Joe, and do more laundry if she wants to help the household. I have a feeling Gia can go off with her friends as often as she'd like, and Joe would be fine watching Audrianna and Milania (I don't think Gabriella requires full-time supervision). I have a suspicion that this desire for hyper-control is either being fed to her by Teresa (which would be really unfair), or it's just part of her personality. She'd be so much better served to just calm down. I know, easy for me to say as a non-fourteen year old with a mother in prison. But it's been established that Gabriella is doing the bulk of the housework with almost OCD-like precision. And she's cool. Gia can take a page out of Gabriella's book. For her own sake.

• Love 5

I could watch Juicy Joe ride that pee wee dirt bike all damn day!

Joe was ordered by the judge not to drive any motorized vehicles.  He just doesn't get it.  It was entertaining though.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Joe was ordered by the judge not to drive any motorized vehicles. He just doesn't get it. It was entertaining though.

He can't ride anything that requires a license of any kind. The lawyer already addressed that early on I'm assuming for viewers who would wonder.

• Love 1

So did Joe really try to say he didn't understand all the mortgage stuff, papers, etc. and that's how they ended up in this mess? Lord, I know these people are stupid but they are not THAT stupid. Maybe Teresa did not know everything that was going on, but Joe sure as hell knew what he was doing. It's like at the season 6 reunion Teresa tried to claim she didn't understand what was said in her plea deal. If that was the case, her attorney would have advised her not to sign, explained it to her, and then had her sign/agree to the plea deal if and when she finally did understand it. Same with Joe- if there was something he didn't get, he could have asked. So clearly they did understand and are just trying to play dumb. They are unreal.

Also with this whole Teresa writing a diary/book thing- isn't it illegal to make money off of a crime? I'm sure all or most money made from her book will go towards the restitution, but still, I would have thought she wouldn't be allowed to write about it and publish it.

See now I do think they are that stupid and this is what has pissed me off from the start. There HAD to be some shady ass mortgage brokers doing all of these applications for them. Joe even said at one point they were getting what sounded like no-doc loans. So why are they the only ones in jail now? I do not believe that these two idiots came up with this scheme on their own, produced a bunch of fake documents on their own and then waltzed into a Bank of America branch an applied for loans. They were shady and I firmly believe whoever was making the commissions off the loans were just as shady. There are genuine bard working people who struggle to get mortgages today because of the shady actions of an entire industry years ago. While I'm glad to see the Juicys serve their time I would have been happier if we had heard about them taking down some others with them.

• Love 2

Every time I see Gia, I can't believe she's 14. She's definitely "grown" and not an average teenager, but she's been through so much. And I guess she's always veered toward the mature side. Puberty's agreeing with her, though. She's blossoming into a lovely young lady. I just hate seeing her wear those short shorts. But I'd say the same thing about Melissa. 

• Love 3

When they bring back RHONJ (and you know BRAVO will), they need to get rid of the Gorgas and the whole family feud.  I am so tire of hearing Joe and Melissa and their crocodile tears pretending they are family, etc. 

• Love 9

That is what most girls her age wear though. It's actually almost impossible to find girls' shorts that aren't super short like that. And if you want knee length, forget it, you're probably better off in the men's department. That is something that bothers me a lot about women's fashion today, almost all the shorts are super short and there aren't many options for those of us who would like slightly longer ones.

• Love 1

Melissa is a little too try-hard but I suspect that is just her. Joe Gorga is a little "extra" when he's around Melissa or by himself. He seems to level-out around Joe and Gia, though. He even backs off around Rosie. I think Guidice and Rosie are really friends. I like seeing the parents, as well.

I also like NO Manzo/Laurita/Wakile/twins or Marchese. I wish Amber well but I can't get past her slimy husband. I wish Kathy well but, same, her disgusting husband. That group can take the attorney and stay off my tv. Rino can stay though, but only alone in Angelo's.

I like this show. It feels more like the "window to their world" this whole franchise started out as.

• Love 12

I could be being a dinosaur about it but I hate anything that points to the sexualization of little girls.  I know they're not going to be in bows and easter shoes forever but slightly longer than booty shorts and fully done make up at 14 gives me the sads.  It's a sign of the times so I get all that, but, boundaries.  I just don't like the idea that we're looking at this, still a child basically, in full eyeshadow, colored gloss and that appears normal.   I've never really understood all the other girls are doing it as a parental justification.  My girl is 16 and looks 24, she's known for years that if it's not longer than her fingertips resting at her sides, it's getting thrown out/returned.

Speaking of accessorizing, I giggled when Melissa told Antonia there's no need for hair bows when they were only going to upstate New York.  Lol!

Somebody help - what was the point of Joe going to get his phone?  It was completely submerged.  Does sticking it in rice really work?

Gorga and his obsession with sex.  Dude I can't.  And still Melissa has no idea how to get help with kids and housework?  Really girl?   ok then.

• Love 9

So Joe Gui says that the banks were throwing money at him. Well yeah, dude, when you falsify W2s, pay stubs,  and tax returns to make it look like you have income you don't have, banks want to lend you money. He acts like he didn't know what was happening and that the banks were complicit by giving him the money. I am so effing sick of these people trying to portray themselves as victims. Going to prison is not victimization if you did the crime. 

I was laughing when Joe Go was tearfully telling the camera that he was hoping that Tre was over her obsession with money, set against the marble and gold tacky over the top decorating in his  white elephant McMansion. 

I didn't dislike Mel as much this ep. LOL that Tre won't put her on the list. 

So when Joe Gui gets out in 3+ years, it deportation automatic? Or is there an appeal process? I'm asking because if he knows that deportation is coming anyway, why not just leave for Italy before March? I realize that the US has extradition to the US, but will they really go after someone convicted of mortgage fraud? If there's a chance that he might not get deported, then it's understandable that he stays put. 

I agree that the kids are entertaining, because phone calls from Tre are not. I hope Gia is getting some real counseling, she needs it. 

• Love 5

I found this episode pretty entertaining.  Joe on the motorized (kids?) bike was too much.  I sorta loved Gabriella outing Gia for not doing that much to help around the house.  Gia assumes the "put upon" role because she is the oldest, and no doubt she IS helping out to some degree.  But I think Gabriella does much more in term of household chores.

Wow, what a bunch of spoiled brats. What a shocker. NOT.

I guess I don't see them quite through the same lens.  Milania is, obviously, a piece of work.  And while she's entertaining at times on my TV, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the one to parent her!  But the other girls are just... idk...normal I think. 

So when Joe Gui gets out in 3+ years, it deportation automatic?

I don't think so.  But somebody correct me if I am wrong. 

Every time I see Gia, I can't believe she's 14. She's definitely "grown" and not an average teenager, but she's been through so much. And I guess she's always veered toward the mature side. Puberty's agreeing with her, though. She's blossoming into a lovely young lady. I just hate seeing her wear those short shorts. But I'd say the same thing about Melissa. 

Yes, I was definitely uncomfortable seeing her in those short-short shorts.  Especially because she's developed such a womanly, curvy figure.  She's 100% not even close to chubby, but she's not the spindly-armed/legged little girl she once was either.

I also agree she seems to be holding a lot in, and would definitely benefit from talking to a counselor or someone like that.

• Love 7

And I saw something tonight that I haven't really seen, but I knew deep down had to be in there and it was Gia's anger. She's pissed and rightly so, and unlike Milania who tortures everyone in the family and jacks their ATV's and just does shit to get her anger out LOL, Gia holds it in. Maybe she could take up boxing, I can see that, but she needs an outlet. The little one is too young to feel that kind of anger yet, Gabby has her OCD as an outlet and her soccer. That soccer is serious enough for her to miss a visit to see her mom, she must be pretty good.  I think Gia  needs something in addition to being able to hang out with her friends. 

She seemed just, I don't know how to describe that look she had when they finished praying in the chapel and saying goodbye to Teresa. She was just sitting there looking....

Yeah, I saw that too.  Fed up maybe?  I was surprised that all the girls huddled up to the phone and she just sat there, stoic as shit.

I loved when Milania dumped the stuff all over the place at the pond and Joe asks Gabriella "What's her problem". And Gabriella responses something like "She has a lot of problems, I don't know which one this is."

Man, it really was Gabriella for the win last night!

• Love 3
So did Joe really try to say he didn't understand all the mortgage stuff, papers, etc. and that's how they ended up in this mess? Lord, I know these people are stupid but they are not THAT stupid.

I loved that--it was the Lucy Ricardo defense. Remember when she set up an ETA: raffle! to earn money for her and Ethel to go to Europe with the fake charity "Lady Overseas Aid" (because they were ladies, they wanted to go overseas and needed aid?) Joe was just as honestly confused!

I have to say, the most surprising thing in this ep was the kids being incapable of saying the Lord's Prayer. By the time I was a little kid that was on speed dial in my head as a Catholic--and my family wasn't very religious. Also I'm pretty sure there have been Catholics throughout history who also talked to God outside of reciting prayers, Tre!

I sort of loved that it turns out it's not that Gia isn't doing anything around the house, it's that she's just taking care of herself so nobody else has to and leaving the rest to her father (and sister #2 who's into that stuff). She honestly seems like she's grown into the most normal person in the franchise and I hope she's making plans to get herself out!

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 10

Who does Joe Giudice need his back shaved for? I didn't think his daughter should have been designated with the task either.

He's better off keeping his mouth shut about his crimes, there's no excuse for being a thief in order to buy million dollar homes?

Edited by talula
  • Love 2
I have to say, the most surprising thing in this ep was the kids being incapable of saying the Lord's Prayer. By the time I was a little kid that was on speed dial in my head as a Catholic--and my family wasn't very religious. Also I'm pretty sure there have been Catholics throughout history who also talked to God outside of reciting prayers, Tre!

Gia knew it, but not the others. If I was to guess, I would say that Gia went to mass and CCD when she was little, but in the last few years, regular attendance at church was not part of the Guidice schedule. I'm not gonna bash them for that, since I am not great about that kind of stuff, but Tre does like to portray her family as good Catholics. Not that you can't be a good Catholic and not go to mass, but Tre always seemed to be more into the christening, communion parties, Easter and Christmas churchgoer. OTOH,most people don't build a damn chapel on their property!

• Love 1

I loved that--it was the Lucy Ricardo defense. Remember when she set up an auction to earn money for her and Ethel to go to Europe with the fake charity "Lady Overseas Aid" (because they were ladies, they wanted to go overseas and needed aid?) Joe was just as honestly confused!

Love me a Lucy Ricardo defense!!  But I thought it was more like when Lucy makes that face:

lucyhide.gif

• Love 8

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen Kathy and Rich since Kathy is a cousin and seems like the kind of person who would help with the kids. Not that I want to see or think about Rich. Ewww

If I was to guess, I would say that it was a combo of Bravo taking the pulse of the viewing audience and Tre who said no to involving the Wakile's et al. Rich squees everyone out. I also don't think Melissa would be part of anything were it not for Joe Go being Tre's brother and sometimes being amusing (not unlike a chimp at the zoo). By in large, the audience loves Rosie, and Jo Gui loves Rosie. 

I am trying to remember, RHONJ was originally conceived around the Manzos and Tre was a secondary character because she was BFFs with one of the Manzo clan, correct? I am trying to remember which one it was. Was it Jacq? Or Dina? I can't remember. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 1

The children may say prayers every night with their father, but not the Our Father or Hail Mary. Other priorities unfortunately have been at the top of their parental list. It appeared Joe was genuinely surprised the kids didn't know their prayers. It would be nice, if as Teresa suggested, they could be brought to church after visiting mom. Maybe there's a chapel nearby the prison.

The world has changed, years ago folks would be mortified to show on TV how their family is doing when a parent is in prison. By doing so we realize part of the problem is wrong thinking coming from the parents that got them in this predicament to begin with. Hopefully they'll catch on by reflecting on the suffering they orchestrated. This kind of thinking must not be passed down to the children, period. The glaring light brought on the situation and endless commentary may be just what the Giudice's need to straighten out their lives and guide their children to better lives. Monetary wealth at all costs is a lousy inheritance to pass on. Hopefully a course correction will uplift everyone in the family. IMO the Gorgas need to take a step back from the Giudice family and strengthen their own family unit independent from the Giudice family.

• Love 2

Tre is just following what Henry Hill did Goodfella's  

Milania's a natural with a chainsaw.    I don't see any future problems with that.

OMG! YOU just gave me the best BD present EVAH!!! Thank you note in the mail.

ETA….I've noticed a photo of Gabriella in what looked to be her First Communion. But hey, with all the themed parties ya never know;)   

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 1

To me, she seemed emotionally-spent. When you're under constant stress and are all cried-out, there are moments of weird calm where you just sit there with minimal reaction to everything around you.

She's very pretty, looks a bit like Boy Meets World's Danielle Fishel.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 5

"She has a lot of problems, I don't know which one this is."

OMG, LMAO, how did I miss this line. Yeah, Gabby for the win is right.

Milania's a natural with a chainsaw.    I don't see any future problems with that.

LOL, oh lord, too funny.

To me, she seemed emotionally-spent. When you're under constant stress and are all cried-out, there are moments of weird calm where you just sit there with minimal reaction to everything around you.

Ah, this is it, exactly what I saw, thanks. The words escaped me, but yep, this is how Gia looked.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2

I loved when Milania dumped the stuff all over the place at the pond and Joe asks Gabriella "What's her problem". And Gabriella responses something like "She has a lot of problems, I don't know which one this is."

Love Gabriella. She looks like the Guidice side of the family. She is quieter and smarter than the rest. The other three have the heavy features, darker skin and low hairlines like the Gorga side. Gabriella is just beautiful and apparently as revealed last night does most of the work around there. It sounds to me as if Gia just does the bossing around of her younger sisters. She's just like her mom. I just can't warm up to that kid. So she does her own laundry only and Gabriella does everybody elses?  Nice.  I get the feeling Gia really enjoys being in front of the camera. Beautiful hair, though. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7

Again with Melissa making passive aggressive comments all episode about how she's "not approved" to see Teresa. Even while the woman is in prison, Melissa uses the opportunity to make herself look like aunt of the year and Teresa look like the evil shrew keeping the family apart. It also came out with the "I hope Teresa can put this behind us and keep us a family when she gets out of jail." I couldn't deal with ANY of her talking heads this episode. Granted, Teresa was a complete jerk to her brother and Melissa. No question. But I love how the Gorgas have never acknowledged their role in how strained things got between them. It's not only up to TERESA to keep the family together Melissa. It's also up to you to maybe not make passive aggressive digs while the woman is in jail and can't defend herself? I mean after the past few years I wouldn't put you on my visitors list either. Any visitors I would get, I would want to be my kids and my husband. Just a thought. UGH she's so self absorbed and fake. It nauseates me.

• Love 16

Joe was ordered by the judge not to drive any motorized vehicles.  He just doesn't get it.  It was entertaining though.

I couldn't help but wonder if Joe jumps in the car for short trips where he knows he won't get caught. There was just too much emphasis on him riding the tyke-bike wearing either the German helmet or the Raskullz Mohawk helmet and it was too funny. I just thought there was too much emphasis on Joe not driving that I almost suspected he might be when he knows he won't get busted.

k2-_42adb2ad-b308-45dc-bb9e-6593c5e1c347

This is a video interview with Heather Bliss who is servicing 30 months for mortgage fraud in Danbury Federal Prison, where Teresa is. She also has four children. But she has a good point about this minimum security prison that the punishment for such crimes should be harsher but for a shorter period of time. Joe will also be in a low-security prison for 41 months, but he'll be missing his four daughters pass through some significant growing up years.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

Again with Melissa making passive aggressive comments all episode about how she's "not approved" to see Teresa. Even while the woman is in prison, Melissa uses the opportunity to make herself look like aunt of the year and Teresa look like the evil shrew keeping the family apart.

Yeah I agree, her brother made some comments too. 

I thought it was really sad seeing Milania panic when Joe let it slip that he's goingaway for years and not just for a few months. I guess that was during the last episode?

Yeah, I posted about this scene, she heard it and Gia finally told her to shush. She's gonna lose it because she clearly seems to cling to him the most. In the first episode she came home from school and just ran into his arms. 

By the time he gets out Gia should be what? Seventeen and Milania what?  What are differences in age between these girls? Milania is what? Ten

Anybody know?

• Love 2

I think Milania is very much a daddy's girl. Gia is definitely a mama's girl, Gabriella seems somewhere in between and maybe a little independent and the youngest one is too young to tell. My personal favorite is Gabriella, I would never be able to live with Milania, and, I would also change 3 out of 4 of their names.

• Love 5