Type keyword(s) to search

Teresa Checks In Part 3: The Visit

• Start Topic

Yes, I think wherever Tre was coming from it wasn't really about what she'd been taught as a Catholic. I think she was just probably repeating things she'd been working at in prison. Like they probably have sessions where they talk about praying to God, because for people in prison that could be a helpful thing, and she's now passing that on. But of course there's always been many Catholics who talk to God--or very often Mary or Saints--as if they were friends.

• Love 3

I am not Catholic so I guess I understand Teresa being amazed that you can talk directly to God. Doesn't the Catholic faith teach that you have to go through a priest or pray to Mary or something? Evangelicals teach that you talk directly to God and Jesus, not through a person here on earth. So it is understandable that if Teresa has been taught one way, to find another way would be freeing to her.

No the catholic church doesn't teach that. That's hilarious! Teresa wouldn't have been taught that. She was using that as a teachable moment for her four beuwttiful dawters as others have mentioned.
  • Love 6

I wonder if God was even a thought or thanked each time they cashed out and signed off on one of their many fraudulent loans? Did they feel even an ounce of guilt? I'm sure they felt it was all a material "blessing". I think they should be praying for forgiveness at this point. No mention of that? What a joke.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Love 5

Is it wrong that I read "Apollo Creed" instead of Apostle's Creed…like five times before I realized what I was doing?! Shame on me!

Only if it's wrong that the only way I know the "Our Father" and " Hail Mary " is with rockin' electric guitar and drum solos? My mother took us to a progressive Catholic church and though I haven't practiced a religion in 15 years, 4 months, I can still sing those songs and play the air guitar rift in my sleep.

• Love 2

I hate Teresa and Joe's parents. They're fucking weird.  The way they act like crying is some terrible cardinal sin that shouldn't be done under any circumstances...It's gross.  No wonder Tre and Joe are so stunted.

I've never understood that family. Joe Gorga has said he pays for his parents living expenses, yet they seem to have chosen Tre over him in this feud? They're really strange people, and the father makes me uncomfortable. But yeah, you have to figure that something made Gorga and Tre turn out the way they did.

I do like these kids. Even little terror Milania! I think she acts up because it gets her attention, but she's actually a smart little girl. Gabriella, lookswise, reminds me a bit of Alexis Bledel, and I like her dark sarcasm. Feel for Gia, and I don't have any issue with her clothing. Part of me thinks these kids are benefiting from being away from their mom for a year, just because their mom is Tre. But I also know I'm going to watch whatever reality show Bravo comes up with featuring Teresa and her girls.

• Love 2

If anything I think that this three-part special solidified that the Giudice clan is the pulse of RHONJ. That family could feasibly carry a show on their own in a way that the Manzos really can't. Manzo'd with Children is a painful show-the only storyline this entire season is Lauren and Vito's wedding. I'm over it. This was interesting to watch and I do enjoy this family. I'm another long time RHONJ viewer that is unapologetically a fan of the Giudices. The crimes that they committed are definitely not okay, and I'm not excusing them, but there is something charming and entertaining about them as reality stars. Their girls are adorable (even the difficult Milania, who I think everyone is too hard on), and Tre and Joe are funny. I could do without the Gorgas and their constant digs at how Tre is responsible for ripping the family apart, but I think what this special showed was that Andy does not plan on getting rid of Tre any time soon. He knows she's the moneymaker for this show and he's going to support her 100%. Casting decisions will be made around her and a redemption arc is coming next season of RHONJ. So those who are opposed to that better stop watching.

• Love 12

As far as the kids not knowing the Our Father goes, I doubt Joe and Teresa took the kids to church very often, not to mention that it has a lot of difficult words in it that they wouldn't understand, so it's no wonder they didn't really know it. I'm a freakin' adult and still don't understand half the words in it, "hallowed"? What does that even mean? And then there's lots of "thy's" in it, so that would make it even more difficult for a kid to try to learn. I did learn it when I was a kid but maybe it's the kind of thing some kids can learn and some can't. With Teresa's constant mangling of the English language and Joe basically having no vocabulary beyond "waddaya gonna do, ya know, fuggetta bout it", it doesn't surprise me that the kids would have a hard time learning or understanding those words. It's not that they aren't smart enough, it's that their parents aren't and probably also have no clue what those words mean, therefore can't explain it to them.

I'm an atheist and I know it.

• Love 1

There are people who identify with being Catholic and those that are practicing Catholics. Just like there are people who are Jewish who haven't stepped foot in a temple in years. If Teresa was praying with her girls at bedtime whether they attended mass or not they would know the Lord's prayer. No judgement, just saying your children don't know what you don't teach them. That clip encouraged me to reintroduce bedtime prayers because we have gotten away from it since they are older now. So thanks, Teresa!

Edited by mardo4
  • Love 4

I will admit I watched all 3 episodes out of curiousity. I stopped watching last season because it was all about them being victims. The real victims are the american people who through taxes have to prop up these banks and mortgage companies. Teresa at least says she has done wrong and needs to make up for that. Joe acts like he has no idea what happened to him and he somehow "ended up in jail". With that attitude he will be back to thievery again and his children will have learned nothing. I think the lawyer is probably on air as part of his indirect compensation is my guess.

• Love 3
Not that she doesn't act out, but a kid who's clever and high-energy needs strong direction.

Milania straight up said she acts up because she's bored. They should get her involved in more activities instead of just letting her run wild around the grounds of that McMansion. 

• Love 4

She's probably been banned.

LOL

You remember her soccer game?  Or it might have been lacrosse, no it was soccer.  LOL, she wouldn't listen, I remember Joe and Tre sitting in the stands watching her and she was all over the place while the rest of the team was taking direction. The whole time Tre and Joe were screaming her name as in focus Milania.

She'll find it, and once she finds something she cares enough about because it has her interest, she'll focus, even if it mean focusing as a team. But they need to give her opportunities to try a lot of different things.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2

Love Gabriella. She looks like the Guidice side of the family. She is quieter and smarter than the rest. The other three have the heavy features, darker skin and low hairlines like the Gorga side. Gabriella is just beautiful and apparently as revealed last night does most of the work around there. It sounds to me as if Gia just does the bossing around of her younger sisters. She's just like her mom. I just can't warm up to that kid. So she does her own laundry only and Gabriella does everybody elses?  Nice.  I get the feeling Gia really enjoys being in front of the camera. Beautiful hair, though.

I like Gabriella too, but feel for her. Gia is her narcissistic mother's mini-me, Milania continuously acts out (which could be the most sane response to the dysfunction), and Audriana is the baby. Easy for Gabriella to get lost in the drama - and also to be the workhorse of the family.
  • Love 7

I don't know if they show them so often because the rating are so crappy, or if there really or SO many, many tre-huggers out there that there has been SUCH a demand for rerun after rerun after rerun, or if there is just that MUCH dead air to fill

My DVR recorded a bunch of Real Housewives of.... First Looks last week or the week before.  It was weird because they were First Looks for cities that aren't currently on the air, like Beverly Hills and New York.  When I started to watch them I realized that it was actually Theresa Checks In!  

I wonder if Bravo is counting those in their ratings totals for the show, which got progressively better as the weeks went on.

I refused to tune in because I don't find them entertaining and refuse to allow them to profit off their misdeeds.  I would be really bummed to think that my DVR provided any positive ratings boost for these crooks.  

And it's interesting, I had no problem when Drita's husband Lee came home on Mob Wives and watching him.  I have a problem with Guidices because they would have NEVER been cast on this show and been allowed to profit from the fall out if not for their crimes.  Their entire reality show being, essence, representation is an illegal sham and I find that reprehensible and uninteresting.

• Love 3

I think Milania is the most like Tre.  Say what you will about Tre and their financial situation and bad deeds, but when they needed money, she knew how to hustle and work the angles.  I have no doubt that she'll hit the ground running when she gets released as I'm sure she's been the breadwinner for their family for years now with her various books and products. She's a survivor.  Milania has that strength, too.  Gia says that she's strong but I have viewed her as being a raw nerve since the last season of RHONJ.  She's the one who seems most likely to have an emotional breakdown and I really hope that her family is keeping an eye on her.  She seems to be shutting herself off from the family now, too -- only doing her own laundry, not really helping out and spending most of her time with her friends. 

Gabby I have always identified with because, like her, I was a quiet, independent middle child who was also the taskmaster who did all the work.  Audriana continues to be the adorable baby. 

OT, but I converted to Judaism when I got married and this talk of Christian prayers is really taking me back.  I haven't been to a Christian Sunday service in years.  I forgot that I once knew the Apostles' Creed and the like.  I was raised Presbyterian and we recited that every week.  

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 2

Are Melissa and Joe back in their house?  I am confused, I know at the reunion Melissa said they got the person that was living there out, and the house was empty, did they move back in?  What's the story?

I had the same confusion. I read that they are now selling the land where they were going to build their "dream house," along with the plans for a "celebrity" house (ha! ha!). The guy who was renting while they were trying to sell is gone. I think they moved back in right before the holidays last year.

• Love 1