Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Yet there was no memoriam to Glenn.

They didn't show Glenn as one of the one's to go on Talking Dead!

They didn't put Glenn in the Memoriam!

He's alive!!!

Maybe he rolled under the dumpster.

The In Memoriam segment did not feature Glenn, those had to be Nicholas' guts.

YESSSSSS!! Alright, now I'm almost certain Glenn is not dead. FU, show! Trying to fake us out like that and then ruining the mystery on TTD. Idiots.

• Love 1

I'll see your Alexandrians And raise you one Daryl,  Abe, Tara, and Rosita.    And I want Bob back. 

I can give you Daryl and Abraham, and obtorto collo Rosita, but you'll pry Tara from my cold, dead hands. Would you settle for FPP?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think that this is one of the first times that I saw Rick really panic and appear scared to be all alone. Is that the same RV that Dale had? If so, everyone knows that the radiator hose is shit and craps out all the time. 

It is not the same RV. That simply is not possible. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

NIcotero was a walker in this episode. What a cool job.

He also was the walker Sophia and Curl ran from in S1.

Bit Amy in the episode Guts.

Pretty sure he did the bite on T-Dog in S3.

Also was the walker that attacked a Woodbury man.

That Andrea put down, then Gov shot the man that was bitten.

I refuse to hate Morgan.  He isn't the first character to make a mistake that has cost lives  I don't know if a 90-minute episode featuring Morgan's spiritual journey is a good idea for next week, but Lennie James will act the living shit out of this episode and any chance to watch Lennie do his thing is okay with me.

Really, this plan is dumb as fuck and that's Rick. They had to do it on the fly but there were ways to neutralize this threat while they were still in the pit. So, if Morgan is a idiot, Rick is the king of them.

• Love 9

Can we keep Panic-Attack-Doctor Denis?

Yea, as much as I hate it, I think Glenn is gone. And that they're just toying with us because they can. Honestly, although I am heartbroken, I'd be more pissed if I went through all of that and he wasn't dead.

I love Dr. Nurse Zoey Denise. Let's keep her.

I can not think of a time a major character has been killed on this show in this fashion. It's always definitive. That's the only reason I'll hold out any hope at all...because this? This was not definitive.

It's actually reminding me of Game of Thrones. (Spoilers for this show under the cut.)

Like how at the end of this last season they "killed" Jon...

• Love 7

Morgan's foolish, but this is still all due to the original idiotic plan to move the zombies out of their trap.  It ranks as Patrick Star level of stupid.

I think it's fitting that Damon Lindelhof is the guest on TTD, because he's all about writing nonsensical bullshit.

• Love 4
I think that this is one of the first times that I saw Rick really panic and appear scared to be all alone. Is that the same RV that Dale had? If so, everyone knows that the radiator hose is shit and craps out all the time.

I think Rick was terrified because he found Judith's baby food. He realized that those gunshots back home weren't because Walkers had arrived, it was because douchebags like the one he just killed had gotten inside. 

And, no, that's not Dale's RV, but damn, those things suck. Remind me not to use one if the ZA ever breaks out.

• Love 9

So, with Betsy's husband dying, do you think we're going to get an alive Betsy back at Alexandria? I feel that the odds after the Wolf attack isn't great that she could still be alive, but I feel like it's something the writers would do so Michonne would have to tell the bad news....

Can we keep Panic-Attack-Doctor Denis?

Yea, as much as I hate it, I think Glenn is gone. And that they're just toying with us because they can. Honestly, although I am heartbroken, I'd be more pissed if I went through all of that and he wasn't dead.

I am going back and forth, but I agree that Glenn is dead. Steven will only be on TD after his final appearance when Glenn might be a walker.

• Love 4

Also, Rick freezing up in panic and kinda giving up is one of the things that scared me the most on the entire run of the show. And now I'll try to sleep, because I have to work tomorrow, I just felt the overpowering need to share my misery.

• Love 12

Naw, that burned with Herschel's barn.

I can give you Daryl and Abraham, and obtorto collo Rosita, but you'll pry Tara from my cold, dead hands. Would you settle for FPP?

Only so long as we get to watch AS FPP DIES IN THE PROCESS.

• Love 3

Yeah there were a lot of goofy plot points but this did bug me.  Heath, maybe but Michonne stands there gaping while Betsy's husband dies?? 

The show is good and ramping up the tension, but our main characters are experienced enough by now to not do things like stand around when someone they're working with is being eaten alive.

Word.  My kid and kept saying, "aaaand let's all stare in horror.  Again."

• Love 7

What I would actually be pissed about is a show just keeping characters around because they are fan favorites and killing of red shirts left and right. Nobodies safe and they never should be. If Glenn is in fact dead, I will miss him a lot. But, I'm not mad about it. What I get mad about is shows doing backflips drying to appease fans. I want them to write the story they want to make and make the moves they want to do. I can't approve of all of the moves but I respect them.

I can accept bad things and characters dying, when it's meaningful and well-written.  I'm mad because it was not either of those things. 

• Love 16

I have always said I would accept ANY death on this show except Glen and Rick. And for Glen to be taken out at the hands of that coward makes it worse after all he has done to survive. Not fair for his fate to be decided by an asshole. I would rather seen him die of the flu at the prison

• Love 10

I'm not sure what obtorto collo means.   Are you trying to fuck me up with some Latin or suches?

Sure, keep Tara.   I rather like how pathetic FPP is, so I'm taking Deanna's ass. 

• Love 3

If Glenn is dead, I hope Walker Glenn eats everyone. Starting with Father Pee Pants and ending with Judith. No more nice guys!! Or maybe starting with Morgan next episode. I do NOT wanna watch whatever castrated Morgan.

• Love 5
And for Glen to be taken out at the hands of that coward makes it worse after all he has done to survive. Not fair for his fate to be decided by an asshole. I would rather seen him die of the flu at the prison

When Nicholas said, "Thank you" I thought his crazy ass was going to kill Glenn. When he killed himself, I was relieved. Then he dragged Glenn down with him. Mother fucker.

Sure, keep Tara.   I rather like how pathetic FPP is, so I'm taking Deanna's ass.

I'd keep FPP at this point because the way people shut him down in five seconds flat, and with such disdain, is absolutely hilarious. Nothing about Deanna is even mildly enjoyable.

• Love 10

I'm not sure what obtorto collo means.   Are you trying to fuck me up with some Latin or suches?

Yeah, I'm latinating because I'm not sure what the expression would be in english, my brainses are all scrambled up right now, and latin is closer to my mother tongue, absurdly enough. It means literally "with a twisted neck", so something I don't really want to do and that causes me some amount of pain.

Gah, I'm torn! On one hand, I have a huge girlcrush on Tovah Feldshuh, on the other I find Seth Gilliam extremely hot...fuck it, take Deanna, ok. FPP still has the potential to be the butt of many jokes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I can accept bad things and characters dying, when it's meaningful and well-written.  I'm mad because it was not either of those things. 

I have always said I would accept ANY death on this show except Glen and Rick. And for Glen to be taken out at the hands of that coward makes it worse after all he has done to survive. Not fair for his fate to be decided by an asshole. I would rather seen him die of the flu at the prison

I wouldn't accept Judith.   And I can't see the show continuing without Rick so he's probably safe.  I also think that killing off Glenn, if they have done that, will be a mistake.  Glenn has always been the true conscience of the show, IMO, more so than preachy Dale or any other character they've put in that role.  He's been the one who's done just as much or close to as much as anyone else to stay alive and save the others and we've never seen him go through any craziness because of it.  He's been the most sane of all the characters.   Glenn has represented the possibility that human beings could actually survive a ZA more or less intact psychologically.

Edited by Dodginblue
  • Love 22

They didn't even tell us what caused (or I missed it) Nicholas's complete and utter stupidity and "zone outs" the spoiler articles were talking about. I'm not reading those anymore. I didn't think they would do it.

Do these folks not understand the idea of a mercy kill?  Annie (I think that was her name) would rather get eaten alive than put a bullet in her head?  You see a guy being ripped to shreds behind a fence and you don't want to stab him with your sword? 

In real life people die in stupid and mundane ways but there's no way they'd have someone as important as Glenn get killed like that unless Steve Yuen insisted on leaving the show.

What you said.  Michonne had a long enough blade to put the guy out of his misery.   It is not the wisest decision in all cases, obviously: shooting Noah, for instance, would have shattered whatever minimal protection the glass offered. 

• Love 4

I don't hate Morgan, but I do think he's been making some really bad decisions in a season that has so far been marked by colossally bad decisions, starting with Rick's plan to to set the walker parade on the move that got us where we are now. I didn't understand the plan to burst out the front doors of the pet shop when half the crew was injured either, and any plan that has Nicholas taking the lead is automatically Not a Good Idea. Luckily Morgan letting the Wolves go last week with a gun didn't get anyone killed, but it has left Rick in a very bad way. If Morgan doesn't eventually take from all this that mercy as a blanket policy doesn't work in this world, especially when the object of said mercy is actively trying to kill you and announces plans to keep killing, then it may be time for hate.

The combination of unadulterated fanboying/fangirling and woobifying of Daryl has killed everything about him that made him interesting in the first place. Now all he has left is to ride around on his motorcycle photogenically. They're not even trying to make it make sense.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 11
They didn't even tell us what caused (or I missed it) Nicholas's complete and utter stupidity and "zone outs" the spoiler articles were talking about. I'm not reading those anymore. I didn't think they would do it.

It seemed like maybe he was having some sort of PTSD, possibly over his past of leaving people behind?

• Love 7

Do these folks not understand the idea of a mercy kill?  Annie (I think that was her name) would rather get eaten alive than put a bullet in her head?  You see a guy being ripped to shreds behind a fence and you don't want to stab him with your sword? 

While I totally understand what you're saying, there are times when it's not appropriate - such as when (a) the entire remainder of the group is in serious peril of being overrun by the same walkers munching your friend, and (b) stepping in to euth them would redirect the walkers' attentions.

Think of it as taking a page from the Otis Memorial Diversion Tactic chapter of the Shane Walsh Apocalypse Survival Guide.

• Love 6

If only he had done that this time. Thanks Ghoulina. That's kinda what I took away from it, too. Not even sure why they would try to "flesh out" his character. Didn't need to see the actor droning on about his "methods" either. STFU dude.

Also, why did Daryl leave Sasha 'n Red? I still don't know what the hell he was trying to accomplish. I agree with the earlier poster about fans threats and other nonsense ruining the character. THAT should have been the big fuck you to the audience. Not Glenn (if right and personally, I think it is), not like this. I think they're saving the Talking Dead appearance for when the baby is born, if Maggie is preggo. Ugh.

Edited by leisawoo
  • Love 5

And [Rick's] injured, alone, and the car won't start, and there a guns still firing back home, but fewer now, and the herd is not coming, it's here.

So he climbs up on the roof of the RV through the emergency vent escape and lays flat until the herd passes.

Been done before.

• Love 17

Glenn never stopped being human. He never bowed to Rick and his just fuck em philosophy. He remained that way all the way to the bitter end (although I really don't think he's dead). He refused to give up. He could have blown his brains out too but he would never go out like that. And he would never run off just because he had a wife at home. He was always loyal to the people he wanted to protect. It's well written and meaningful to me because spoke to just who Glenn is. He wasn't just running around in the woods and getting bitten like those dumb redshirts from Alexandria. He was still willing to do what he had to do to protect his friends even with everything he stood to lose. So, yes, I think this was meaningful and well-written.

• Love 18

So he climbs up on the roof of the RV through the emergency vent escape and lays flat until the herd passes.

Been done before.

Or throw the Wolves' bodies into the herd and run off while they attack the bodies.
  • Love 4

Because once again, Andy Lincoln shows he's a boss when it comes to his craft. He without a doubt sells the emotions of Rick clearly and effectively.

When he's first reunited with Carl and Lori and hugs little Carl in relief back in season 1 and in season 3 when he's just in so much shock and abject devastation when he sees Carl holding Judith and he can't even come up with the words to say anything to Carl and just staggers away to finally collapse, and last season when Tyrese turns around holding Judith and Rick just flat out runs like crazy, his face crumpling until he holds her again-

And now tonight when after keeping it together, he sees that jar of food and everything he just told his crew is meaningless, because while he was out neutralizing the walker threat, the human threat infiltrated the safe haven he's been so desperate to protect for her and Carl.

And he's injured, alone, and the car won't start, and there a guns still firing back home, but fewer now, and the herd is not coming, it's here.

Rick didn't have to say a word, it was all in his eyes and body language. How this man doesn't even have an Emmy nomination is baffling.

Yes to all of this.  And then they underlined the whole thing with some pretty good acting from Norman Reedus who also did an excellent job of silently freaking out that Rick, his brother, was about to die.

Very few words were uttered but because of their performances, I'm more worried about Rick and Darryl than Glenn.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

Ok, so after watching TD - sorry everyone, but until I see concrete evidence to the contrary, Glenn did die tonight.  I think we'll see him in flashbacks, probably Maggie (& others) remembering poignant moments with him.  I think the decision to not show him on the "In Memoriam" segment was intentional.  And as ambiguous as Gimple's 'message' was supposed to be, I think it pretty much spelled out that yes, Glenn is dead (in the present).

I hate it, because I really liked Glenn, but he's gone.

• Love 7

A few thoughts:

- That pet store must have stunk to high heaven. Pet stores are already pretty stinky with living animals in them.

- A girl hurts her ankle AND a character can't get a vehicle started? Well, somebody on the writing staff has been to Horror Movie 101.

- If Glen is dead it sucked that he died that way. No character is safe. Yeah, I get that. But those of who have been with the series since the very beginning and have real feelings for these characters feel like someone just tore our insides out in front of us.

• Love 9

I'm not happy that Glenn (maybe) died.  It completely and totally sucks.  I hate it cause I liked him and it just blows to lose an "original" character in an episode you'd never expect it, no matter the situation they are in.

But that said.... I honestly think I will be seriously pissed off if its 'deus ex machina'd that he survived somehow, not bitten or anything.  The way it was shown, there's just no conceivable way for him to have survived that, even if it was Nicholas' body that was shown being torn up.  He was completely surrounded, and even with Nicholas' blood on him, its still 'fresh' enough to not have the 'walker decay' smell to completely hide his scent from the horde.

To me, the TPTB have painted themselves in to a corner where Glenn has to be dead now.  Sorry.  *shrugs*

• Love 6
- A girl hurts her ankle AND a character can't get a vehicle started? Well, somebody on the writing staff has been to Horror Movie 101.

The hatred that Morgan has garnered for his actions makes me sad.  Let's all remember that Morgan and his son saved Rick's life in the first episode and gave him a crash course in how to survive.  And due to the insanity he went through following his son's death (which we saw in "Clear"), he has a very hard time killing the living now.

Well, considering the Wolf who Morgan let run away was the one who rendered the RV inoperable by shooting out the its console with the gun Morgan let him pick up, I'm not a big fan of Morgan's current Every Sperm Is Sacred policy.

My sole hope for Morgan's redemption is he ran out of Alexandria chasing those Wolves, which puts Morgan is some position to help bail out Rick - and if Morgan dies in the process, I'll consider it a righting of the karmic justice scales.

• Love 14

There are now photos popping up comparing Rick and the tank from the first season to the final shot at the dumpsters with Glenn.

They look so intentionally similar. But this time, no one is around to save Glenn. I wish I could post it...

Edit: Ack! I hate posting on my iPad, so many mistakes...

Edited by SnoGirl

Been done before.

EXACTLY!  I was thinking the same thing.

We've seen someone playing possum on top of a tall vehicle while walkers shambled by below.  We've also seen some tactics for getting through herds of walkers unmolested--zombie guts camouflage, zombie pet camouflage.

Stop forgetting you've already invented the wheel, show.

• Love 4

To me, the TPTB have painted themselves in to a corner where Glenn has to be dead now.  Sorry.  *shrugs*

I completely agree. My SO actually said (as Glenn and Nicholas were climbing on the Dumpster): "So what kind of deus ex machina can we expect at this point?" Then, when Glenn apparently died, we were both like, "Really? Whoa."

I think for Glenn to get out of that scenario would be an insult to viewers' intelligence. Scott Gimple - you wrote that big check, so you really need to cash it.

• Love 8

Okay so...maybe Glenn gets inadvertently covered in Nicholas guts, mirroring how they walked through Atlanta, and he walks through the hoarde.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe I need to go buy a tin foil hat.

I wondered really loudly why they didn't cover themselves in walker.  Michonne knows this trick as well and could have covered them with the pet shop boys.

I don't either. Does anyone? Daryl just seems so random and pointless lately. Sorry fangirls, but I would trade him for Glenn in a second.

I thought Daryl was going to Rick but then Rick's speech about if you go back you're doing it for yourself not for them changed his mind.

I am WRECKED!  I was spoiled by comic readers on what happened to Glen in the books and have been worried about him since last season.  That horrific death would be better than what we just witnessed.  For Glenn to go out like that is tragic.  With no witness, with no goodbye, with no epic hour long episode for him.  Beth got it, Tyresse got it but Glenn gets disembowled and eaten in a back alley with Nickolous.  It's unforgivable.

• Love 6