Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If you're referencing her latest tweet, I'm not reading anything into it beyond (self)/show promotion and a bit ass kissing for the writers. If I tried to guess what she specifically might be meaning I'd drive myself insane imagining the possibilities. ;) 

• Love 1

If JH is excited about something, I guarantee I'm gonna hate it. Any kind of focus on Dinah is the opposite of what I want to watch tbh. Obviously there's no spoilers just speculation but it just makes me think nothing is gonna change and they've learned nothing. 

• Love 8

I totally get the inverse reaction to JH's excitement but I'm reminding myself that she can be happy and I can be happy without one canceling out the other.  Especially if she is off on Bird Island.

• Love 5

My guess is that she's going to play a more integral or larger role in the crossover then brief appearances in group fighting scenes that Arrow characters who aren't OTA usually get. It'd make sense since Black Canary and Batwoman have a history of partnership in the comics.  I could see Juliana as someone who'd be excited if she gets to appear in all the crossover eps.

• Love 4

I have zero excitement for this crossover. It is going to focus on this new chick and will be designed to flog the new show. 

I do think it will be better than the 100th ep dumpster fire though but that's not a high bar. 

• Love 10

It'll probably have Oliver interact with Batman/Bruce Wayne if SA's excitement for a certain Oliver interaction is anything to go on, so that alone would make it more entertaining than the Hawkpeople crossover.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

My guess is that she's going to play a more integral or larger role in the crossover then brief appearances in group fighting scenes that Arrow characters who aren't OTA usually get. It'd make sense since Black Canary and Batwoman have a history of partnership in the comics.  I could see Juliana as someone who'd be excited if she gets to appear in all the crossover eps.

Are you thinking Batgirl? I dont think BC/BW have ever crossed paths since BW debuted years ago.

Just now, Mary0360 said:

Where was it said that Batman makes an apperance? 

Nowhere, but SA said he's more excited about Oliver interacting with "a certain character" in this year's crossover more than interacting with Batwoman, so that and them saying previously that part of it would take place in Gotham make me think that DR and SA got their wish of Oliver interacting with a Bruce Wayne cameo.

My guess is Dinah suits up in episode 4 or 5 and she is excited for that. Its clear none of the characters has been seen in their suits. And no i dont count the pic JH posted on the first day. Because it was clear as day that that was from season 6. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I don't recall - when MG posted his "reverse sexism" tweet and EBR criticized it, did JH tweet anything or did she stay silent?

It was November 12, 2017. She didn't say anything herself, but made this tweet: 

• Love 1
On 8/4/2018 at 2:50 PM, Velocity23 said:

And yet she still likes or responds to Marcs tweets. 

I can't judge her too much since we don't know what he has said in private after being schooled about reverse sexism.  Maybe along with the other stuff going on with the removal of Kreisberg, he did address this stuff with the cast.  Or maybe he didn't but JH has judged he has other redeeming qualities that overshadow his stupidity on that one particular topic.  

I know there is a belief that when EBR spoke about backlash for speaking out, some decided that Felicity losing out on a storyline in season six was the backlash but I'm really not so certain that what she was talking about was backlash from MG.  From the context, I took it as backlash from people on the internet.  And it's a sad truth that Felicity and Diggle often get their arcs dropped or pushed back without there being any retaliatory motivation.  

So I can't get too judgemental with JH for still interacting with him.  I just don't have enough information.  

I am not excited by her excitement but for all I know, she's pumped up on promises for her character that may never be realized while EBR is taking Felicity's fantastic storyline with a grain of salt knowing not everything will always happen or happen the way you wanted it to.  But I do love the overall faith and excitement the cast has in Beth.    

Edited by BkWurm1
removed extra word so it actually makes sense
  • Love 6

IMO if you talk that you support women who speak up and mention how you are friends with your cast members i find it really weird that you still have any contact with a man that was called out by your friend for complicit behaviour. I take action over words. Nobody is saying she needs to talk shit about him ... But the majority of the cast doesnt keep up that interaction with him as she does. and honestly that makes me wonder. 

For me it did sound that she received backlash from the people on top. And suddenly the big solo SL Marc Guggenheim has been alluding to since the beginning of the season disappeared. He used the big words to tease a SL that doesnt revolve around Oliver, and it will show Felicity outside the team. And she still seemed to be on friendly terms with Berlanti when she attended his wedding in December. 

• Love 1
On 8/5/2018 at 12:50 AM, Velocity23 said:

IMO if you talk that you support women who speak up and mention how you are friends with your cast members i find it really weird that you still have any contact with a man that was called out by your friend for complicit behaviour. I take action over words. Nobody is saying she needs to talk shit about him ... But the majority of the cast doesnt keep up that interaction with him as she does. and honestly that makes me wonder. 

For me it did sound that she received backlash from the people on top. And suddenly the big solo SL Marc Guggenheim has been alluding to since the beginning of the season disappeared. He used the big words to tease a SL that doesnt revolve around Oliver, and it will show Felicity outside the team. And she still seemed to be on friendly terms with Berlanti when she attended his wedding in December. 

I think if she didn't have as good a relationship with Berlanti as she appears to have, I'd be more inclined to think Felicity losing her storyline was anything more than bad planning on MG's part.  Personally, I think their crap storylines with Diaz and the NTA backlash made them take time from her to try to prop them up. But it's true we won't know what really went on for at least a good long while.  

• Love 10

Dropping storylines has happened so many times on the show that it's hard for me to assign malice on one over the other, especially when even MG when teasing that way back pre-501 and saying that he didn't want to give many details specifically because they might not have the opportunity to really do it. Trying to get Oliver to 618 mindset (including trying to make a reason why Diggle wouldn't just be helping Oliver this whole time) and trying to fit in 619 and trying to fit in the trial and trying to fit in resolution for Rene and Dinah and Lance and trying to at least build that Oliver-Felicity-William stuff enough for 622 and the end of 623 to be impactful and set up s7 semi-realistically just all caught up on them.

• Love 5

They need to tie Smoak Tech to the seasons big bad or it’s going to continue to be an easy cut. 

Arrow doesn’t handle independent storylines well. They either get dropped or the characters get sent to an island. 

• Love 11

Lol even though I am interested about a scene between Felicity and Watson, I have to admit my first thought was laughing about Beth's reaction if she sees that.

I wonder if Felicity is deciding to go after Diaz herself against the FBI and comes to a head with Watson

Edited by way2interested

Anything that gets Felicity involved in the main action, so to speak, makes me happy. I'm definitely interested to see what's going on here. Did Felicity do something that caught the FBI's attention (because she's trying to track Diaz by herself) or are they going to her for help? IDK. 

• Love 5

At this point I think that Beth's No Spoilers policy is a bad idea. The only interest I have in the new season of Arrow is what's happening with Felicity and if I have to wait till the third episode to see Felicity with Watson, I'm going to be an unhappy viewer.  Maybe I'm too disenchanted but I don't have any interest in shower scene naked fighting, although I'm sure SA is thrilled with it.

I agree with @BkWurm1 and @way2interested  that they dropped  Felicity's storyline because  they ran out of time. That's their go-to when they run out of time, drop Felicity's and Diggle's storylines.  I mean, why would anyone want to spend more time on them when you can watch NTA being pissy and redeeming BS?

• Love 3

Blurry script pages that give me Felicity spoilers will draw me back in to Arrow every.single.time.  I was kind of meh about the return of Agent Watson because it felt like they were piling on to some of the more poorly thought out parts of S6 (more Dragon, more NTA, more BS), but giving her a connection to Felicity has sparked my interest. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think if she didn't have as good a relationship with Berlanti as she appears to have, I'd be more inclined to think Felicity losing her storyline was anything more than bad planning on MG's part.  Personally, I think their crap storylines with Diaz and the NTA backlash made them take time from her to try to prop them up. But it's true we won't know what really went on for at least a good long while.  

IMO Guggenheim wouldnt have talked about to the press so openly about it if it wasnt happening. At that time of the interview  they would have been writing episode 10-12. The switch came after the AK relevation and EBR speaking up. 

I can't imagine MG would be allowed to cancel Felicity's storyline after Emily very publicly spoke out against something he tweeted, in the midst of a sexual harassment scandal involving one of the Arrowverse EPs. I think if he had heartburn over it, he'd be told to suck it up and deal at the very least so the whole group wasn't open up to more scrutiny.

I think the storyline being dropped was the result of poor planning, which Arrow has a very long history of under MG's leadership. 

• Love 13

It wasn't just for Felicity's storylines though since s2. It was for Diggle's, Thea's, Roy's, Sara's, Laurel's, a bunch of secondary characters, etc. Bts drama could be a factor, but Hanlon's razor and all

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3

It could have been both. They needed to drop a storyline and MG wasn’t torn up about it having to be Felicity’s. They needed to have all that NTA stupidity and probably thought everything about BS’ storyline was important for her “redemption,” even though I’m pretty sure it wasn’t for what they have planned for her in season 7. 

I’m curious about what kind of Felicity-focused, nothing to do with Oliver storyline would have fit into season 6B, knowing what we do now about the various important plot points they had to address (switching big bads, NTA vs OTA, Thea leaving/Roy returning, setting up Oliver to go to jail)

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It could have been both. They needed to drop a storyline and MG wasn’t torn up about it having to be Felicity’s. They needed to have all that NTA stupidity and probably thought everything about BS’ storyline was important for her “redemption,” even though I’m pretty sure it wasn’t for what they have planned for her in season 7. 

I think if it really was a Felicity-centered, Oliver-independent storyline that it was probably just the easiest to drop, because there wouldn't have been threads with other stories intermingled if they could get rid of it at that late hour. And I think dropping BS's storyline had less to do with it being important for her ~redemption, and more to do with the fact that BS and her will she/won't she was the only thing she AND Quentin really had going on toward the end. Abandoning that would've left them with two characters without much to do.

I’ve only seen her on Orange is the New Black. She was pretty good on that - I think she’d do a good job with the kind of dialogue written for her sides (if they stick to that style). 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Yeeeeeesssss!! She’s an excellent get!

I’m also glad that it sounds like the crossover will feature Kate but won’t center on her. I’m sure she’ll be heavily featured but if it were totally focused on her then it risks her taking the blame if it isn’t good. 

Ruby Rose, really? Are they letting her keep her accent? Because she wasn't that good an actor on Orange is the new black with her natural accent. 

I guess shes young and pretty and that is all that matters. 

ETA: Lol we seem pretty mixed on her acting ablity.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

She may suck but there are many actors who act well in one project and poorly in another. And vice versa. A lot of the time it comes down to making sure the role suits the actor. I’m confident that this is a good pairing. 

• Love 2