Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

How many questions were there from the audience? I doubt they'll decrease screen time because thats just a waste of time, energy, and money, if anything you try to fix the audience perception of them since they wont be going anywhere anytime soon. Not to mention Beth knows how thte audience reacted to their storyline which is part of her fault so...

Meh. Maybe the writers can salvage Rene with some good writing, but Dinah is a lost cause. She will never find acceptance with the majority of the fandom because the clueless writers are keeping a version of Laurel around, who's now even going to be redeemed. That makes Dinah completely obsolete as a character and I have no idea why the show is keeping up this charade. IMO, they should do the right thing and give Juliana a chance to start over somewhere else. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I stupidly had a little hope that they'd take a backseat for a while but Dinah and Rene were in the trailer more than I was expecting so now I think they're just gonna keep forcing them on us like S6

Idk about using the promo as a benchmark, since they literally shot the action scenes/basic plot scenes first specifically to be in the trailer and they just happen to include the newbies. Kind of like how the s6 promo had that Dinah/BS fight scene because it was the first thing they shot (specifically for the promo) but Dinah ended up being a supporting character in Lance's plot for the episode and the newbies supporting characters for the majority of 6a.

• Love 2

If Oliver is going to be in prison for an extended period of time, and if the writers don't want to bore the audience, as well as it having to end before the crossover, the only way it can work is if the writers do some sort of flash forward (although this would have to occur on all shows involved in the crossover). Aren't we supposed to be getting the flashbacks back this season (I think I read this somewhere)?

On another note, I must say, I haven't seen many clips of the SDCC panel, but from what I have seen the actors seem rather bored. Surprising, given that there is a new showrunner.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, strikera0 said:

Meh. Maybe the writers can salvage Rene with some good writing, but Dinah is a lost cause. She will never find acceptance with the majority of the fandom because the clueless writers are keeping a version of Laurel around, who's now even going to be redeemed. That makes Dinah completely obsolete as a character and I have no idea why the show is keeping up this charade. IMO, they should do the right thing and give Juliana a chance to start over somewhere else. 

Seeing how JH is so focused on being the Canary she doesnt even want to do hiatus projects because she is so focused on the role. I dont see she is giving the role so easily. 

(edited)

You're welcome, @Soulfire! Those videos keep trickling in, day by day...

Regarding the new Longbow Hunters:

Red Dart - Holly Elissa is a 38-year-old Canadian actress, filmmaker, artist and activist. She is 5'6" in height.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0226597/
https://twitter.com/hollyelissa [protected]

Kodiak - Michael Jonsson (originally, Michael Brynjolfson) is a 43-year-old Canadian actor and digital producer. He is 6'5" in height.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0429693/
https://twitter.com/michael_bryn
https://www.instagram.com/actormjonsson/
http://michaelbryn.com/

Silencer - Miranda Edwards is an actress and director (I couldn't find much info about her, not even her twitter account).
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1596999/
https://www.instagram.com/realmirandaedwards/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Quark said:

If Oliver is going to be in prison for an extended period of time, and if the writers don't want to bore the audience, as well as it having to end before the crossover, the only way it can work is if the writers do some sort of flash forward (although this would have to occur on all shows involved in the crossover). Aren't we supposed to be getting the flashbacks back this season (I think I read this somewhere)?

They're supposed to introduce some sort of new narrative structure/technique which had people thinking it might be flash-forwards or a new kind of flashbacks. But if SA is saying he has only shared scenes with one regular castmate (DR) so far and he's already shooting ep 2, I don't think that's it.

I'm actually pretty shocked that this isn't something they'd tease at Comic-Con. Like "hey everyone, we're doing these really cool [flashforwards/dream sequences/whatever] this year". It'd be an easy way to create some intrigue without any spoilers. But nah...

• Love 5
(edited)

From Showbiz Junkies' video of Beth Schwartz's interview...

-- On whether S7 is a darker season tone-wise, BS: "Yeah, it's not light. (Laughs) ... I think the concept of the show was dark. And we're definitely channeling Season 1 a lot. And there's going to be lots of sort of callbacks to Season 1 this season that I'm really excited about. Um, so going back to the roots is definitely - you'll see in Season 7."

Beth's comments, along with SA's comments about how Oliver's not going to act heroically in prison, but the opposite, just sounds like Oliver's going to regress in character.

In S1, he spent five years in hell (clutching a pic of Laurel) and became an assassin. Now he's spent five months in prison (clutching a pic of Felicity & William), during which time he may be acting badly in order to survive. So what version of Oliver is going to come out of prison?

However, there is a difference. Before, he was alone with his secrets when he first returned. This time, he'll be returning to a family and friends who know his secrets. So hopefully, he'll recover faster and not regress too much. 

Just speculation.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

-- On S6 ending with Oliver in prison, BS: "It's really cool that we ended that season that way because it's such a huge series moment. And so I think that's part of Season 7 is going to feel a little bit different, because we've never had that sort of in the show. And so that's going to be a huge challenge for him, his family, the former teammates and, um - that's part of his redemption story, because everyone's going to have - everyone in the city is going to have a different opinion of 'Was the Green Arrow a hero?' He's now in prison, um, so he'll be - he's got a lot to prove."

I'm not sure, but I think maybe the difference in the redemption arcs between past seasons and next season is going to be in terms of what's being redeemed. When Oliver returned to the city in S1, he was trying to right his father's wrongs. Then he trying to redeem his own killing past. But now he could be trying to redeem the Green Arrow name, especially if there's a copycat GA out there, smearing his name, while he's in prison.

Also, SA said in one of his press roundtable interviews that Oliver hasn't had any contact with Felicity since he's gone to prison. Yet Diggle has apparently been visiting Oliver on a regular basis, giving him regular reports, like on the search for Diaz. I wonder why Oliver hasn't at least had a phone call with Felicity.

Beth Schwartz said that Felicity hasn't necessarily been outed herself as a member of Team Arrow, just that she'll face challenges because her husband has been outed as the GA.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I wonder why Oliver hasn't at least had a phone call with Felicity.

I imagine the in-show excuse is going to be because she's in protective custody and wouldn't want to tip anyone off where she is. And while she could get around that if she wanted, I think it's also reasonable that she wouldn't try because she's the only one William has left and wouldn't chance it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I'm not sure, but I think maybe the difference in the redemption arcs between past seasons and next season is going to be in terms of what's being redeemed. When Oliver returned to the city in S1, he was trying to right his father's wrongs. Then he trying to redeem his own killing past. But now he could be trying to redeem the Green Arrow name, especially if there's a copycat GA out there, smearing his name, while he's in prison.

Yeah, that's exactly what I think is happening, redeeming the GA and not necessarily himself. It's just made more difficult because Oliver wouldn't be so gung-ho on trying to fix the name after being all alone fighting for survival for 6 months, even if he gets reunited with his family.

• Love 1

I'd much rather watch Oliver hold on to as much hero as he can in prison than watch him get beaten down in everyway.

I want some clarification on this whole Team outing thing. If the whole Team is outed, why does Dinah still have a job? Why is 'Laurel' giving press conferences? JH posted a photo in her BC costumes during 7x01, so why is she suiting up if it's illegal to be a vigilante, she's a cop and everyone knows who the BC is?

I did appreciate JH confirming she's on BS island this season. Birds of Prey nonsense again. I don't understand calling it Birds of Prey with only Black Canary. But please, go away and take BS with you.

• Love 15
(edited)

I think the BOP thing is more her wish than anything else, because she said she'd love a spin-off. Plus, if DCEU is really doing Harley w/BOP as her back up dancers, I doubt Arrow can touch it this season. However, I say give them a spin-off. Hell, they have CW seed, they can do a web series. I am 100% for it, it would get metas off this show. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2
(edited)

Speculation based on the S7 trailer that came out of SDCC and also some unspecified "rumors" - but nice recognition of Felicity's importance to Arrow...

ARROW: SEASON 7 COULD BE THE BEST FOR FELICITY SMOAK AS OVERWATCH, WIFE, AND MOTHER
BY BXREPORTER [Mark]  JULY 23, 2018
https://www.wblzmedia.com/2018/07/23/arrow-season-7-could-be-the-best-for-felicity-smoak-as-overwatch-wife-and-mother/

Despite what the Arrow Season 7 trailer just revealed, this season should give us a heavy dose of what Felicity Smoak is all about. To most fans, she’s the nerdy, yet beautiful woman who captured the heart of the once Billionaire playboy Oliver Queen. However, over the years, we’ve had a chance to watch her character grow. No, Felicity will not don a skin-tight costume and fight crime alongside her husband but she’s serving her purpose in other places.
But as we head into what looks to a great action-packed season, we see Oliver still in jail, his friends struggling to keep the city safe and then we have his wife. With Oliver gone, Felicity Smoak now has the responsibility of being a mother to Oliver’s’ son William. There’s a scene in the new trailer where Diaz appears to have William cornered but we see Felicity running towards Diaz in order to save her stepson. There’s no mention of Felicity being Overwatch which should not come as a huge shock since the team disbanded in Season 6.
With the cast still loaded, Arrow may choose to give us more of Felicity. There were rumors that there could be a major disconnect between Oliver and Felicity this coming season but why? There’s no reason for Arrow to tear our favorite couple apart after years of doing this to fans. We finally got our long-awaited wedding, watched as they became a stronger unit and now with Oliver away, Felicity has to step up. So why would the writers feel the need to continue to toy with our emotions?

William needs a parent he can lean on, and with Oliver gone, there’s a possibility that the team may get back together. If so, the Overwatch will have to play a huge role in defending the city.

While the story arc has always been about The Arrow, Felicity Smoak has been just as important over the years. When Oliver seems to get lost in his world of guilt or revenge, it’s Felicity that tends to real him back to reality.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'd much rather watch Oliver hold on to as much hero as he can in prison than watch him get beaten down in everyway.

I want some clarification on this whole Team outing thing. If the whole Team is outed, why does Dinah still have a job? Why is 'Laurel' giving press conferences? JH posted a photo in her BC costumes during 7x01, so why is she suiting up if it's illegal to be a vigilante, she's a cop and everyone knows who the BC is?

I did appreciate JH confirming she's on BS island this season. Birds of Prey nonsense again. I don't understand calling it Birds of Prey with only Black Canary. But please, go away and take BS with you.

I am not sure JHs pic was from this season... 

I would love a BOP show, but it has to be standalone. No connection to the Arrowverse, please. The Arrow writers have completely butchered Huntress and all versions of Black Canary. A BOP show build around these characters would struggle to reach a million viewers. 

• Love 1

Just set it on a different Earth. But I think a BOP show with KC or JH with the right two/3 remaining cast would do fine. But yeah a show ain't happening with Harley taking it to the big screen even though it should've been done by now. 

• Love 1

All the Canaries are getting up in age ... and i am sorry this is still the CW. The Batwoman casting was looking for a 25-29 girl. So if a BOP show is gonna be happening the lead actresses will be in that age bracket. All the Canaries actresses are all over 30 already. 

• Love 1

True ... but all of the ladies already are older and the casting that around January would make them closer to 33-35. I dont except the leads on the CW be over 30 honestly. Maybe on the verge of 30 or just hitting 30. But that seems to be their limit. The guys are given more room but its mostly if the actors can play late 20s. 

• Love 1

Wait, Oliver is gonna be in jail for more than 5 episodes? Very dissapointing news for me... He better gets tons of kickass GA action once's he's back... And more than the average 1min action scene per episode would be appreciated once he does put on the suit...

36 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Plus we have the guy that plays BL. I think it just depends on if they would want to spin off or not. I dont think age would matter then. 

But that was the premise of the show. And CW wanted the show with more diversity and young female AA superheroines.

• Love 1

Since Juliana has hardly taken off in the role or developed a sizeable fan base and Katie basically went from female lead to glorified guest star status I don't see the CW viewing them as wise investments to spin off-as much as I personally would like to see two less characters on Arrow.

If they are going to do a BOP show Id see them casting new characters/actresses and having Juliana possibly crossover or something. But it's probably moot given they are invested in there big screen adaption. 

• Love 2

The Black Lightning showrunners mentioned how they had to fight to get the CW to let them cast an older actor to play Jefferson.  The network wanted Jefferson to be twenty something and single with no family so they had to fight for everything the show has.  A showrunner could fight for a Birds of Prey spinoff that includes thirty somethings playing the roles but I doubt the CW will be as willing with women versus men.  And then there's the movie angle.

• Love 4

I think if a BOP spinoff was gonna happen, it would've happened by now. They easily could've gone that direction if they wanted to but they went with Batwoman instead. Shame because I would've been so happy to have a BC/meta-free show. I can only dream now! ??

• Love 11

I wonder if the new approach in issuing redacted scripts is also an effort to hamper the paparazzi guys in Vancouver from spoiling storylines and scenes that aren’t filmed on location. 

I think some of the paparazzi were getting call sheets, not scripts (although maybe they were getting scripts too). 

I'm not really sure what this does apart from maybe limit the number of spoilers that one person can give out if they happen to get their hands on a script. Depending on whose they get their hands on, they could still spoil some pretty big stuff. 

Shallow sizzle reel thoughts:

- I thought I was over Oliver, but Prison!Oliver brings me right back in.  Pair him in a prison break with Wentworth Miller and I might spontaneously com-bust.  Part of me is unconvinced that Dig won't get thrown in himself just to protect Oliver.  God, if you gave me that story I would be so good ...

- I don't like EBR's hair color, but I don't know why I care

- KC looks good, but I don't think I can deal with BS becoming DA

- While Thea hadn't had much to do, I think losing WH is bad for the franchise.  That said, getting CH back is a boon

- I kind of worry for William, and I've hated him so much it's making me uncomfortable

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kymmi said:

- I kind of worry for William, and I've hated him so much it's making me uncomfortable

I'm worried about William, as that would be a "shocking" "dark and sad" "we had to check with the TV people that this was ok" move to kill him off and would devastate all the characters (and obviously provide a legit excuse to explode Olicity for a while at least). He has surprisingly grown on me. Similar with Felicity if she goes out by Diaz. So I wish we still had access to cast list/call sheet spoilers. That said, those could highly likely to refer to something completely different. 

1 hour ago, Kymmi said:

God, if you gave me that story I would be so good …

That would be awesome. 

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Depending on whose they get their hands on, they could still spoil some pretty big stuff. 

Depending on which spoilers got out they might also be able to pinpoint who was leaking or being careless with their script more easily. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I'm worried about William, as that would be a "shocking" "dark and sad" "we had to check with the TV people that this was ok" move to kill him off and would devastate all the characters (and obviously provide a legit excuse to explode Olicity for a while at least). He has surprisingly grown on me. Similar with Felicity if she goes out by Diaz. So I wish we still had access to cast list/call sheet spoilers. That said, those could highly likely to refer to something completely different.

No, no, no.  No one is supposed to agree with me about being concerned.  That does not help my anxiety.  

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

No, no, no.  No one is supposed to agree with me about being concerned.  That does not help my anxiety.  

Sorry hun I'm really worried about him too.

If they do kill him it proves they know NTA are worthless imo.

They could easily give Curtis a bullet to the head but they know everyone would be celebrating. 

Edited by Mellowyellow

I'm not worried about William at all, at least not in the sense that he may die. I am worried about his mental health and wish at least one Arrowverse team would befriend a capable therapist so I can imagine various people pay them regular visits.

For all I can guess, a proactive Felicity might end the premiere by killing Diaz. Pleaseand thank you. 

I just don't think Arrow would kill a kid. Although, I had a weird dream about the premiere yesterday which ended on a scene of little kids wearing protective masks, where I realised it was because that was a child smuggling ring and their captors didn't want them to get sick and lose their wares. Of course, I don't believe this will happen either, but it made me wonder about the Longbow Hunters. Since they will presumably be Big Bads for at least a part of the season, what's their objective? Are they just guns for hire or is there more to them? 

I hate to add to the anxiety but while I still mostly believe that scene is a dream or if it's real there will be a rescue, I'm worried about William too. I don't really believe they'd go there but at the same time, it would be shocking, devastating and give Diaz a legitimacy as a villain he hasn't yet earned (as much as killing an innocent child can really give anyway) without having to kill off a core character.

(edited)

I think it's most likely that Arrow is once again over egging the "shocking" aspects of what happens like the do every year but I just have no faith in even this refreshed showrunner/writing team yet after last year. William dying would give them a legit excuse to blow the whole thing up and never put it back together if they didn't want to, leaving Oliver to despair in prison for longer.

I think EBR seems to still be on set for ep 2 and we're more likely to hear about her suddenly not being around/mostly in LA or elsewhere than Jack Moore. Does he publicly IG or anything? And her potential storylines scant details as there are seem to be about more than 1 episode, (I hope). I've just had a slightly bad feeling about EBR's involvement for a while now, but that's the favourite character paranoia talking like it does almost every season. 

BamBam's "we had ro double check this was ok" could be about a particularly graphic prison death/injury.

I just hope we have more of an idea before the premiere, I'd prefer to know beforehand so I'm not in the UK staying up to refresh the livethread and drinking too much wine when I'm at work in a few hours. ;) 

Edited by Featherhat

I admit I'm worried about Felicity too and in a way I wasn't last year but unless DR was totally crazy/lying with the baby stuff, earlier in the summer Felicity was definitely going to have to be around to be pregnant and that would have presumably been after contracts had been signed.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I hate to add to the anxiety but while I still mostly believe that scene is a dream or if it's real there will be a rescue, I'm worried about William too. I don't really believe they'd go there but at the same time, it would be shocking, devastating and give Diaz a legitimacy as a villain he hasn't yet earned (as much as killing an innocent child can really give anyway) without having to kill off a core character.

This is what pisses me off!

The fact that they have 3 piece of shit regular characters they can't even kill off for dramatic impact and would need to resort to using William. Ffing worthless noobs aren't even good enough for killing but we will need to suffer through their scenes for another season.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I admit I'm worried about Felicity too and in a way I wasn't last year but unless DR was totally crazy/lying with the baby stuff, earlier in the summer Felicity was definitely going to have to be around to be pregnant and that would have presumably been after contracts had been signed.

Yeah I figured a bit that at least a baby story was considered, even if it has been jettisoned so that points to her sticking around. Hopefully. *touches wood*

And would they have a "replacement kid" storyline as a possible if William was going to die? That said the vehement denials about that still make me nervous for William.

Sigh, this show is making me paranoid like no other and it's not even my current favourite in the Arrowverse let alone overall.

Guess I'm just fed up of Teflon nobs and double Teflon BS.

If they're trying to make them happen to extend the show beyond SA they are failing miserably.

Edited by Featherhat

Both Beth and SA were talking about how all of this is affecting William and that they would touch on it, so I'm pretty sure he's not dead, unless they literally only meant for one episode and decided to make a detailed lie (way beyond just SA/Beth saying no to a question) about it.

• Love 1

Plus, he was talking about William's character arc this year. I'm sure that's overstating it, but I don't really see a character arc if he's killed in the premiere. If anything, that would be arcs for Oliver and Felicity.