Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Heh. I'm begging.

Aw. This actually makes me miss the show in a way all the action shots from the trailer didn't. Oliver making heart-eyes at Felicity is the best.

• Love 14
On 6/28/2018 at 1:53 PM, tv echo said:

Here's an audition for an unidentified role on Arrow (remember, the off-screen reader could be reading the lines for a male or female character). I think this could either be a new audition scene for "Daniel Porter" or the audition scene for a new character. (It's also possible that this is an old audition for Ray Palmer that was just uploaded to Vimeo.) There are three takes of the same scene, with minor dialogue variations, so my transcription is a combination of all three takes...

Arrow take 1
Posted: June 27, 2018  Carey Feehan

Arrow take 2
https://vimeo.com/277357941

Arrow take 3
https://vimeo.com/277357973

CF: "Hey! Thanks again for your help the other day."
Male Voice (off-screen): "It was nothing."
CF: "Oh, it was more than nothing. That app is number one on Tom's Guide List because of your expertise. You are full of suprises, [Aaron/Erin]."
Male Voice: "Ah, I'm pretty sure I just touched someone's soggy snot rag. So I'm also living the dream."
CF: "Hey, I hope I'm not one of those customers that you secretly complain about."
Male Voice: "You? No way. You're polite. You clean up after yourself. And your hygiene game's pretty on point."
CF: "That bar seems pretty low."
Male Voice: "Work here five months, you'll change your mind."
CF: "Oh, maybe you can change my mind for me. Over dinner? I owe you a thank you drink, at least. Unless, that just put me onto your creepy customer list."
Male Voice: "You're asking me out?"
CF: "And now I'm regretting it."
Male Voice: "No, I'm flattered. Because you're very, very charming and nice. But I'm kinda - well, it's complicated."
CF: "You're not interested. I get it."
Male Voice: "Trust me. You definitely don't."
CF: "It's okay. Thanks."

This audition released a month ago seems to fit what's being filled with EBR... 

• Love 9
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is the guy investing in her company the new gay tech guy? Or is that someone else? I'm getting confused now because there's so many new characters joining, haha.

It's hard to tell considering the person they're talking to in the sides has an ambiguous name (Aaron/Erin) but in the other set of sides they're talking to a person who's getting back with their ex husband, and in all the auditions I've watched, the actors are running their lines against men, so maybe?

Edited by apinknightmare

I'm so relieved she's running sound with pink hair in ep 2 cuz I doubt she'd be doing that if William dies which has been my main concern ever since they kept droning about S7 being dark. 

Positive thinking cap: Maybe Curtis gets a bullet to the brain and we'll get Smoak Tech.

Really hoping they'll think it's shocking to the audience to kill Curtis in the most gruesome way at the end of 701.

I shall wish death on the N00bs the way Reddit curses Felicity for the rest of my Arrow watching life!

Im going to be so annoyed if Curtis’ love interest is Felicity’s investor. STAY AWAY CURTIS. 

Did Star City really make ‘Laurel’ the Mayor? They hate vigilantes so much they elected one.  Makes sense.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Did Star City really make ‘Laurel’ the Mayor? They hate vigilantes so much they elected one.  Makes sense.

Immediately after the last vigilante mayor went to jail. It's beyond stupid, but I'm fine with her and Dinah being on Municipal Island, away from my faves.

And from the new interviews @tv echo posted in the Spoilers Only thread, Oliver has a life sentence? What the entire fuck? No one in the history of criminal prosecutions has ever entered into a plea agreement that sent them to prison for life. I'm practically foaming at the mouth from the stupidity. The fact that he was signing up for a life sentence makes his decision even worse. It's one thing to expect your wife to wait for you while you serve a prison sentence. It's another thing entirely to expect her to stay married to you with no hope of your eventual release. Obviously, I know he's getting out eventually, but I almost kind of wish she could divorce him and be (fake) married to someone else when he gets out, just to teach him a lesson. Fucking idiot.

• Love 14

I don't think BS is mayor. But I do think she's the DA and that's just as ridiculous and funny to me. She read one law book and is like "I'm a lawyer now!" ?

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

It's hard to tell considering the person they're talking to in the sides has an ambiguous name (Aaron/Erin) but in the other set of sides they're talking to a person who's getting back with their ex husband, and in all the auditions I've watched, the actors are running their lines against men, so maybe?

Yeah, the new tech guy is gay with a hidden past, IIRC? Maybe that is who Felicity's talking to. Or maybe this guy is just a one off to show Felicity struggling with her new identity and pretending she isn't married. IDK. Only thing we do know is that audition sides don't always make it into the show.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I don't think BS is mayor. But I do think she's the DA and that's just as ridiculous and funny to me. She read one law book and is like "I'm a lawyer now!" ?

Star City thinks she's legit, will the show portray her as knowing the ins and outs of being a TV lawyer......probably do yeah that'll be funny stupid if they go that route. Her being a bodyguard or something would make more sense. 

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Star City thinks she's legit, will the show portray her as knowing the ins and outs of being a TV lawyer......probably do yeah that'll be funny stupid if they go that route. Her being a bodyguard or something would make more sense. 

Well, seeing as they once had her read a book and then give the real DA an idea that worked, IIRC, then I'm sure they'll have her knowing everything. Haha. I think it would be more realistic to show moments of her being utterly clueless and others being like "Um, you should know this?" but IDK if they'd do this. I actually don't really know what they're doing with BS at all tbh.

I'm not sure. Either way, I think to have them fighting still is a mistake. They don't have to be best buddies but they can be civil. I wonder if it links up with what JH also said about rethinking the hierarchy of the team or whatever. Maybe Dinah thinks she should be leader because she's bossy and it causes friction? IDK.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

And didn't Beth say that there would be less animosity too?

Yeah, she did. Emily and Juliana's comments surprised me because they seemed the exact opposite of what's been said before.

The worst news of all is that Felicity and Curtis are still working on Helix together. Yuck, do not want. Felicity being in protective custody, unable to have contact with the team for months, would have been the perfect excuse to end that partnership.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2

JH's comments aren't necessarily opposite though, since she was saying it's more like they're all separated and trying to restructure the team given the new circumstances not "they're fighting now."

I think it's more like they'll have different opinions on how to approach being vigilantes now and they'll conflict with each other over that (which goes with Beth's, JH's, DR's, RG's, and some of EBR's other quotes) rather than the low blow immature hostility that 6b ended up being from the newbies. So more 319 where Diggle and Felicity were stopping Oliver from going out instead of 614 where they were literally attacking each other.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

And from the new interviews @tv echo posted in the Spoilers Only thread, Oliver has a life sentence? What the entire fuck? No one in the history of criminal prosecutions has ever entered into a plea agreement that sent them to prison for life. I'm practically foaming at the mouth from the stupidity. The fact that he was signing up for a life sentence makes his decision even worse. It's one thing to expect your wife to wait for you while you serve a prison sentence. It's another thing entirely to expect her to stay married to you with no hope of your eventual release. Obviously, I know he's getting out eventually, but I almost kind of wish she could divorce him and be (fake) married to someone else when he gets out, just to teach him a lesson. Fucking idiot.

Malcolm Merlyn was a psychopath who way overstayed his welcome but sometimes I kind of wish he was still around to call Oliver on his stupidity. Special kind of idiot, indeed.

• Love 2

Beth said there would be more fighting, but she meant in a physical sense. There is supposed to be a lot of action this season. 

I wonder if EBR misheard and was like okay I'll go with it.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'd go with what Beth Schwartz said about the teams getting along:

-- From TV Guide's SDCC special issue: "Can Original Team Arrow and New Team Arrow please get along? Oliver, Felicity and Diggle (David Ramsey) spent much of the season battling disgruntled dropouts Dinah (Juliana Harkavy), Curtis (Echo Kellum) and Rene (Rick Gonzalez). Fans were not about it - and the writers heard our sighs! Come fall, vows [EP Beth] Schwartz, 'There is not going to be a divide.'" (Pic of Burning Questions section from 2018 TV Guide Comic-Con Special in Jul. 14, 2018 smoak3d tweet, page 2 of Spoilers thread and page 1803 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

-- On how we find the rest of the team when S7 starts, EP Beth Schwartz: "Everyone's kind of spread out, doing their own thing. They all get along. Everyone, you know, has made up. At the end of last season. But they've all found, you know, what makes them a hero to the city that was not necessarily being on a team, um, without their leader. So they all have kind of a different role - we're going to find them in different roles." (SDCC, Jul. 21, 2018: Jul. 24, 2018 WithAnAccentTV video of press roundtable interview with Beth Schwartz, page 3 of Spoilers thread)

I think that the teams are physically broken up because they can no longer be masked vigilantes, so they're all doing their own thing, but they're apparently still trying to track down Diaz and using ARGUS resources to do it. 

ETA: I'll post a summary of all SDCC spoilers in the Spoiler Archive thread after I've had a chance to review and edit them. Sometimes the same things were said by the same person in multiple interviews, so I'm going to try to condense some of the spoilers. (I'm also waiting for Chris King (TV Overmind) to post videos or transcripts of his cast interviews.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

What we loved about Katie and the character from last year is that you never really know which side she's on. Is she good? Is she bad? 

She melted a man's brain, Beth. She's bad. One good deed doesn't erase melting a man's brain.

Cool motive, still murder, etc., etc.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

What we loved about Katie and the character from last year is that you never really know which side she's on. Is she good? Is she bad? 

Is it possible this means they aren’t going to straight up redeem her? I mean, BS is clearly awful, but if they’re going to maintain this fictional “tension” between good and bad in the character, maybe they’re going to have her act “good” and then, bam! She was evil all along!

Okay so I saw a couple of LL fans on twitter respond to people questioning why Fake Laurel is not in jail for the same crimes as Oliver. Now from their past twitter activity logic and rational thought is not their friend, but I've seen them say that because the law came out after Laurel died that it doesn't apply to her. But if BS story to the world is that Fake Laurel was in fact kidnapped for two years not dead, doesn't that mean it still applies to her? I think there is one or two lawyers on this site, is that a thing? 

Also hasnt Star City always had anti-Vigilante laws and it's always been a legal crime? It's just that  it's only recently that they've decided to take a tougher stance on it? 

• Love 2

That wasn't good Beth, that was bad writing. They didn't give BS any type of moral line. "I'll lie cheat and steal, but I won't just kill everyone." "I fight, I don't torture." "Hey, I want a big score but I won't destroy a city! There are innocent children!" There is no anti-hero built in here. 

Beth said in the Tv Guide preview that she is going to try and continue Laurel's legacy but she'll have that craving for revenge with Diaz. My guess is they are starting her off in pantsuits trying to be Laurel. Then Diaz resurfaces and she wants to kill/torture him and new BFF Dinah is like 'No! You're Laurel Lance now, Lance wouldn't want his daughter to do this!' but she does and enjoys it. And than she is bad Laurel again. But not too bad cause the Team can't get rid of her.

I just figured Oliver's immunity deal would apply to BS since the world believes she was BC. I can't remember if Watson knew who she really was or not (I hope not cause she blow up a police station and I can't believe Watson would just accept that). 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Okay so I saw a couple of LL fans on twitter respond to people questioning why Fake Laurel is not in jail for the same crimes as Oliver. Now from their past twitter activity logic and rational thought is not their friend, but I've seen them say that because the law came out after Laurel died that it doesn't apply to her. But if BS story to the world is that Fake Laurel was in fact kidnapped for two years not dead, doesn't that mean it still applies to her? I think there is one or two lawyers on this site, is that a thing? 

Also hasnt Star City always had anti-Vigilante laws and it's always been a legal crime? It's just that  it's only recently that they've decided to take a tougher stance on it? 

Trying to use real world law for Arrow will not get you anywhere. They put up a statue of her lol, they arent going to arrest her, though one could say that they dont want to look bad arresting a hostage survivor who was never wanted for any crimes like GA was. It was a meaty story to be had but of course they never did anything with it.

It's bad enough that Oliver accepted a plea deal for the ungrateful whiny arrogant NTA babies but if he allowed BS to also recieve immunity after she stopped him from capturing or taking out Diaz, murdering multiple people including someone he was working with, expressed enjoyment and pleasure while killing people and shows no remorse,  constantly attempting to murder him and his loved ones including his wife and -most importantly- who kidnapped and tortured his son, then he is an effing idiot who deserves life in prison to reflect on his bad choices. But this is the same show that hasn't shut down the possibility that someone like that's worthy of redemption so I shouldn't be surprised I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Trying to use real world law for Arrow will not get you anywhere. They put up a statue of her lol, they arent going to arrest her, though one could say that they dont want to look bad arresting a hostage survivor who was never wanted for any crimes like GA was. It was a meaty story to be had but of course they never did anything with it.

Oliver put up a statue of her. I don't remember Star City having much say in the matter. 

• Love 9

There isn't any logic that can apply here, because the answer isn't logical. Fake Laurel isn't in jail for her crimes because they don't want to tell the story of Fake Laurel going to jail for her crimes. The story is only about Oliver going to prison, so only Oliver will be held accountable for his crimes. Maybe they'll address the hypocrisy in the whole storyline of her being mayor/DA/some public official and a known former vigilante while also (seemingly) enforcing an anti-vigilante law, but it depends entirely on what story they want to tell. Could be a thing, could be a throwaway line mentioned by someone, could be something no one ever brings up because of the narrative they're pushing. 

17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I just figured Oliver's immunity deal would apply to BS since the world believes she was BC. I can't remember if Watson knew who she really was or not (I hope not cause she blow up a police station and I can't believe Watson would just accept that). 

She did know who Laurel was. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She did know who Laurel was. 

That's so sad.

I think they will avoid the big explanations. There is nothing they can say that would make any sense and they probably know that. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That wasn't good Beth, that was bad writing. They didn't give BS any type of moral line. "I'll lie cheat and steal, but I won't just kill everyone." "I fight, I don't torture." "Hey, I want a big score but I won't destroy a city! There are innocent children!" There is no anti-hero built in here. 

She just twists whichever way the show needs her to twist that week because the show can excuse her lack of consistent characterization as "unpredictability."

38 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

But if BS story to the world is that Fake Laurel was in fact kidnapped for two years not dead, doesn't that mean it still applies to her? I think there is one or two lawyers on this site, is that a thing? 

My brain still hurts from Oliver accepting a plea deal for a life sentence; trying to apply legal principles to BS might be more than I can take. But yes, if her story is that she was kidnapped, not dead, she can be prosecuted for her vigilante activities. On top of that, she would most certainly be disbarred and all the criminals she prosecuted would have grounds to request that their convictions be overturned.

• Love 13

Oliver told Watson that she was a doppelganger, if she truly believed him....though she had a hard enough time bringing Oliver down so she'd still have to try to find a way to bring down Siren for her current crimes.

I dont even really think that Watson would be going after a life sentence for Oliver if he pleaded, dont know why they have to be THAT dramatic. 10-20yrs would still be long enough. 

She's a doppleganger who's holding herself out to the world as Laurel Lance. She doesn't get to trade on only the good aspects of Laurel's reputation. Since she claims to be Laurel, prosecutors could absolutely charge her for Laurel's crimes. Her best defense, obviously, would be to confess that she's been lying the entire time and isn't really Laurel. Of course, she could then be prosecuted for fraud, but whatever. There is no circumstance in which the show will ever make her pay for her crimes and it is what it is. 

• Love 12

Meh they need to keep BS and push the N00bs for whatever reasons. I don't think there is any point in making any sense of it!

I just watched a series where a guy zapped the spirit of his lost love into a lotus flower and waited 300 years for her to hatch out of the flower. Totally made more sense and was better set up than Arrow! 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

She's a doppleganger who's holding herself out to the world as Laurel Lance. She doesn't get to trade on only the good aspects of Laurel's reputation. Since she claims to be Laurel, prosecutors could absolutely charge her for Laurel's crimes. Her best defense, obviously, would be to confess that she's been lying the entire time and isn't really Laurel. Of course, she could then be prosecuted for fraud, but whatever. There is no circumstance in which the show will ever make her pay for her crimes and it is what it is. 

Siren being prosecuted for Laurels crimes was never in question, of course they wont go there. Maybe if Beth ever does a Q&A...itd be a good question to ask.

(edited)

But if BS is taking on Laurel's persona, she's responsible for everything Laurel has done in the past. It's a literary trope.

11 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm so relieved she's running sound with pink hair in ep 2 cuz I doubt she'd be doing that if William dies which has been my main concern ever since they kept droning about S7 being dark.

With Thea off the show, they won't kill William. He's the only blood relatives of Oliver has left.

If Felicity is working as a waitress, I'd really love to see her having some insight into what her mother did for her growing up.

10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

She isn't wearing a flag pin so I'm hoping she isn't mayor. It'd be more interesting if they had a mayor and they recruited her for whatever reason to further their anti vigilante agendam

As someone who isn't American, this seems so bizarre to me, that politicians have to wear a pin to prove their loyalty as if putting on a pin guarantees your loyalty. "A man may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

10 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Also, what about William?  Not only is Oliver condemning Felicity to life without her husband, he's condemning William to a life without either of his parents but he's making Felicity take the permanent responsibility.  All in order to save Rene, Dinah, Curtis and BS.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Honestly, the only way Oliver's deal make any kind of sense to me is if he took it to get Felicity immunity because the DA from the trial was coming after her. And even then, it's still pretty stupid.

With all the hacking she's done, Watson would've been a bigger threat to her than the DA. She could've threatened Felicity, and Oliver would've taken whatever she was offering, because that's the kind of guy he is. And conveniently we don't know how that all went down, because they never showed us. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As someone who isn't American, this seems so bizarre to me, that politicians have to wear a pin to prove their loyalty as if putting on a pin guarantees your loyalty. "A man may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

Just to be clear, they don't have to wear one. It didn't even really become a thing until after 9/11, when every American politician was tripping over themselves to show how patriotic they were. It became so ubiquitous that now it really doesn't have any meaning at all, and it's unlikely anyone would make an issue of it. That's one reason I always thought it was strange that they had Oliver wear a pin on the show.

And you're right about William. I expect Felicity to be really conflicted once Oliver comes home -- happy to have him back, but bitter and angry about his choices. I know they'll work through their issues in time. But I imagine William is going to be surly and resentful towards Oliver a long while. Oliver swore to William that William wouldn't lose him. I think William would've handled it fine if Oliver had gone away because he'd been convicted at his trial. But knowing his dad voluntarily chose to leave him a year after he lost his mom is going to leave a really ugly scar. He's lucky to have a stepmom who can relate to the abandonment issues he's likely to have.

24 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Honestly, the only way Oliver's deal make any kind of sense to me is if he took it to get Felicity immunity because the DA from the trial was coming after her. And even then, it's still pretty stupid.

Yeah, I absolutely believe Oliver would go to jail to save Felicity. But given the way sentences are calculated under the federal sentencing guidelines, it's unlikely that Felicity would ever get sentenced to anything more than 10 years for her hacking crimes. Avoiding a possible 10 year sentence in exchange for a life sentence is still moronic.

• Love 8

It always amazes me when I remember that MG (who co-wrote that episode) is a lawyer.

6 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Just to be clear, they don't have to wear one.

I know it's not a legal requirement but I get the feeling that there are people who won't vote for a politician unless he wears one. It seems like they're all over the place.

2 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

With all the hacking she's done, Watson would've been a bigger threat to her than the DA. She could've threatened Felicity, and Oliver would've taken whatever she was offering, because that's the kind of guy he is. And conveniently we don't know how that all went down, because they never showed us. 

Felicity was completely confident that there was no way that they could prove anything against her when she took the stand to defend Oliver.  And in interviews they speak of Felicity not being outed as Overwatch to the public but outed as the wife of the GA so even if Rene testified that she was Overwatch, I don't think they could have proved it.  Oliver took the deal to make sure everyone was safe from prosecution but I really don't think Felicity being charged was an issue until they paraded around in front of the FBI. 

Oliver made the deal I guess because supposedly he was so sure that Diaz was an imminent threat to Felicity and William's life that he felt he had no other choice but to sacrifice his life to save theirs.  Which is BS to a massive degree.  Or he felt that sacrificing his family wasn't as important as taking back control of the city which is a whole other load of BS and so I refuse to entertain that. 

Though a case could be made that the NTA and Diggle's defection convinced him he was unworthy of having a family and that he had to sacrifice them to save the city and that they'd be better off without him.     

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Felicity was completely confident that there was no way that they could prove anything against her when she took the stand to defend Oliver.

She couldn’t have been that confident with Watson considering the first thing she asked when she heard about immunity was if she had it too. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

She couldn’t have been that confident with Watson considering the first thing she asked when she heard about immunity was if she had it too. 

They'd let the FBI in on their plans and she was walking around and talking about hacking, and, at that point, I think she was not worried about the past but the present.   

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They'd let the FBI in on their plans and she was walking around and talking about hacking, and, at that point, I think she was not worried about the past but the present.   

Maybe. But it ultimately doesn’t matter what *she* was worried about. If Watson so much as hinted that she had anything on Felicity or could prosecute her in any way, even just to persuade Oliver to do what she wanted, he would’ve done what she asked without question. 

• Love 2