Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Not that Arrow wouldn’t kill a kid (remember the one in the Hong Kong flashbacks?) but I’m pretty confident that William isn’t going anywhere this season. Felicity and him struggling while Oliver is away, Oliver having to readjust to domestic life after prison, and William having a hard time with everything gives the writers lots to play with. Plus, they just took away Oliver’s only other biological relation. And more than anything, if they were making such a big move, I think the cast would have hinted about it a bit more. Especially SA, who *loves* playing the dad side of Oliver. He seems genuinely hyped about the new season, and I don’t think he would if they were taking that away from him.

And I’ve stopped worrying about Felicity dying. As stupid as this show is, I just don’t think it’s THAT stupid just yet. They must know that would immediately jettison a very vocal part of their fanbase. If the show goes on for 10+ seasons I’ll start to worry, but I’m not there yet.

Knowing Bam and the things he gets excited about, I’m guessing something stunt-y (maybe the shower fight) had to get past the censors. 

• Love 7

Given the fact that there's a graphic fight scene involving a naked guy, I figured that was what they had to check with the ratings board about, not a kiddie death. 

And this transcription of one of Colton's interviews by @tv echo made me think the redacted scene at the end of the first ep had to do with Roy:

-- In response to DO saying that it's rare that a show has a turning point like this after six seasons and asking where we go from here, CH: "I'm so excited for everybody because people are going to lose their minds... I probably can't say the 'F' word, but it's a brain F... (DO: "Stephen did.") Well, it's a brain f**k, uh, because it's pretty shocking what Beth - you know, Beth Schwarz, our new showrunner - was able to do... We had a conversation and she brought it back to me, and I was like, 'Wow, this is the Arrow that was, you know, towards the beginning'... This is going to be so amazing. The fans are going to freak out... It's just a different thing. And Roy Harper's coming back, and in the weirdest way - not weird, in a good way - but in the craziest way, that I'm still wondering how I'm going to still do it. So I have to, like, wrap my head around it, but it's going to be pretty shocking... It's going to cause a pretty big stir online, I can say that... It's all I can say. I'm still reeling from it. So, yeah, it's going to be amazing."

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree that checking with the TV board is about the shower fight scene. It’s moved to 8pm on broadcast TV.  I wonder if the time change was prompted by LOT opting out of the crossover.  Instead of a 2 night 4 hour event perhaps they’ve decided on a 3 night event?

As for Roy, is Arsenal coming back minus an arm?  That would cause an online stir among comic fans.

Edited by Sunshine

I've always felt pretty sure they won't kill off William. IDK why. I think that would be a step too far. William and/or Felicity dying would be a death I don't think Oliver would ever come back from. But who knows?

I'm kinda intrigued by what they're saying about Roy and I am starting to wonder if he's gonna be missing an arm, too, like the comics. Comic fans would go nuts and it would add up with CH wondering how he's going to do it, maybe with the logistics of filming it and everything.

• Love 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm kinda intrigued by what they're saying about Roy and I am starting to wonder if he's gonna be missing an arm, too, like the comics. Comic fans would go nuts and it would add up with CH wondering how he's going to do it, maybe with the logistics of filming it and everything.

This is actually a good point, I didn't think of this. I know MG said losing an arm was too costly, but if Beth's really in charge she could do it.

the other thing I'm thinking isn't death, but what if Felicity or William are found and tortured before rescue? I HATE this idea, because I don't want to watch Felicity suffer more or a kid... but it would fit it with the darker tone. It would also set Felicity on that path to learning how to fight to be able to defend herself better. I'm still going with the Diaz thing being a dream, but maybe that's like foreshadowing the ending of the episode. On the other hand, I guess that scene could be reality and maybe that's how it ends and we won't know what happens until ep 2. Would be like season 3, ending the premier on a cliffhanger. 

Edited by JJ928

The arm thing is something, but idk how they would focus a story around it, unless he loses it in 701.

The more I think about it, the more I kind of wonder if the twist or whatever that might be with Roy's character isn't that he's back or that he's the new GA but that he's on the villain's side/going undercover with the Longbow Hunters to try to stop the villains. It would explain why his stuff was separated from the rest (or at least why CH doesn't really know what any other character is doing), fix the potential overcrowding problem in the team, be a reason for his series regular status like some of the other villains in the series, be an acting/physicality challenge for CH, could explain why he's on the beach location if the scene is real and not a dream (being on Diaz/the Longbow Hunters' side and not there to help Felicity), would be something that SA and DR would be excited for in a pitch from the end of s6 when CH was announced to come back (both of them big fans of the idea of Thea being a big bad but since WH is probably not coming back...), would explain SA's long ago tease of "it's hard to fight family," etc.

Of course that would be majorly off the rails and would be turning Roy into a villain and kind of going against general comic lore, which would go against the quotes of Roy being "a different kind of hero" this season, but maybe they would be going on "the hero for a greater good" or "hero in his own mind" kind of thing, but idk, it's something that I would at least agree would be out there to the extent they are promoting it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

the other thing I'm thinking isn't death, but what if Felicity or William are found and tortured before rescue? I HATE this idea, because I don't want to watch Felicity suffer more or a kid... but it would fit it with the darker tone. It would also set Felicity on that path to learning how to fight to be able to defend herself better. I'm still going with the Diaz thing being a dream, but maybe that's like foreshadowing the ending of the episode. On the other hand, I guess that scene could be reality and maybe that's how it ends and we won't know what happens until ep 2. Would be like season 3, ending the premier on a cliffhanger. 

I think it could be real (or a weirdly prescient TV dream that winds up being reality). Stephen said that they end up getting a line on Diaz, but they only get it because Oliver gets his ass beat in prison. I suppose the Felicity and William scene could come at the end of the episode after they've gotten word on where Diaz is and what he's doing, and there being some kind of race against time to get to them and it seems like it's not going to happen, and then Roy surprisingly pops up to stop him. 

• Love 1

Amell loves Oliver being a father and loves having William around so I would say that's the biggest reason for William not to die.  Even if the kid leaves the show I expect they'd just send him to a well protected school. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

The more I think about it, the more I kind of wonder if the twist or whatever that might be with Roy's character isn't that he's back or that he's the new GA but that he's on the villain's side/going undercover with the Longbow Hunters to try to stop the villains. It would explain why his stuff was separated from the rest (or at least why CH doesn't really know what any other character is doing), fix the potential overcrowding problem in the team, be a reason for his series regular status like some of the other villains in the series, be an acting/physicality challenge for CH, could explain why he's on the beach location if the scene is real and not a dream (being on Diaz/the Longbow Hunters' side and not there to help Felicity), would be something that SA and DR would be excited for in a pitch from the end of s6 when CH was announced to come back (both of them big fans of the idea of Thea being a big bad but since WH is probably not coming back...), would explain SA's long ago tease of "it's hard to fight family," etc

I really like this! Not that I want Roy to go bad, but it makes sense with the "fighting family" hint. When CH talked about a return to S1, I thought maybe it meant that he would take over GA when Oliver was in jail but be a really brutal version, crossing names off lists and killing people indiscriminately. But I don't know how they could do that with Roy unless he's from another earth (which they previously said he's not). 

• Love 1

I only have 2 hopes for the Longbow Hunters…

1: Oliver can take them on, atleast 1 or 2 of them… But 3 or 4 will overwhelm him. But invidividually Oliver should be better by atleast a good margain… Remember when the League was first introduced? Oliver didn't just fall on his ass.. He kicked their ass! Even when they were fresh new enemies he barely broke a sweat. Same with Nyssa when she came to town. That's badass and i hope the same thing will happen with the Longbow Hunters

2: The Longbow Hunters should respect Oliver... Unlike the last season's villains that treat Oliver/GA as if he's not even there. The LongBow hunters should respect and even fear him a bit for the things he has done (like killing Ra's Al Ghul)

• Love 4

I have ZERO concerns that Felicity is going to die. 

I'm now slightly wondering if William could get himself kidnapped again?  That would have Felicity vowing to hunt Diaz down more. Or maybe William gets shot but not fatally?  Going back to the idea of kidnapping him, he could get brainwashed while he's gone.  That could give William a very interesting arc.   

• Love 2
(edited)

So the 702 writers are Jill Blankenship and Rebecca Bellotto. The only Jill Blankenship (who's a writer) that I found on IMDb was previously a writer/producer on The Last Ship...
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6669558/

I couldn't find a social media account for Jill. However, I did find this pic of her (the brunette) with Onalee Hunter (the blonde):

Onalee Hunter also appears to have joined the Arrow writers because she shows up in this Arrow writers pic, so it looks like Arrow picked up two writers from The Last Ship (fyi, Mairzee Almas was a director on The Last Ship):

Onalee's info:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1370980/
https://twitter.com/onaleehunter
https://www.facebook.com/onalee.hunter

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

-- On what fans can expect with respect to Oliver & Felicity's relationship and their family dynamic, Beth Schwartz: "So they're going to struggle, mostly because, you know, Felicity's husband is in prison. So I really want to play with the, um, the reality of that, you know. What is it like for your husband to be now his identity is outed, her safety is in question, you know, everyone knows who she is and her son. And so, we're just playing with the real and how hard that is, you know, even without him being a superhero, but having your husband be in prison. Like, that's not, you know, going to be great for her. Or him."

I really appreciate that the struggle she is at least now talking about is one of circumstance not some other kind of emotional break.  

• Love 11

Finally saw the trailer. That looked pretty good.

And I can once again say "Shut up, Not!Laurel".  It feels right. LOL

So, I know it is likely that is Roy in the hood but could it be a twist that it's someone else? Like a resurrected Chase? Pretty please.  Or actual Tommy from Earth whatever? Either would be pretty damn fun.

9 hours ago, Trisha said:

I really like this! Not that I want Roy to go bad, but it makes sense with the "fighting family" hint. Wh

It would kind of make sense for a Jason Todd esque SL considering he was going by Jason last we saw of him.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Can't believe one picture got me more excited/intrigued for s7 than the whole of SDCC. 

IKR? Hello, I am awake. But how long until Beth requires all scenes to be shot on the soundstage? 

• Love 7

I'm fairly certain now that the Felicity/William scene in the trailer is Oliver's nightmare. I'm dying to know if he'll get a chance to see Felicity's new look. I hope she takes a picture, at least.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Can't believe one picture got me more excited/intrigued for s7 than the whole of SDCC. ?

Right?! Felicity waitressing may be part of her witness protection, but you’d think they’d find a job for her that was more in line with her skills. Unless the “new storytelling technique” this year is flashbacks of characters other than Oliver? If so, this could be pre-goth Felicity.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Trisha said:

Right?! Felicity waitressing may be part of her witness protection, but you’d think they’d find a job for her that was more in line with her skills. Unless the “new storytelling technique” this year is flashbacks of characters other than Oliver? If so, this could be pre-goth Felicity.

I kinda get why they haven't given her a job in line with her skills though. Diaz won't think to look for the IT genius working in a coffee shop. It makes sense.

All the Felicity/Donna parallels though...This has such potential, I really hope they don't waste it.

• Love 21
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I kinda get why they haven't given her a job in line with her skills though. Diaz won't think to look for the IT genius working in a coffee shop. It makes sense.

All the Felicity/Donna parallels though...This has such potential, I really hope they don't waste it.

She probably serves coffee and helps the college kids with their computers.

Oh the parallels! Love it. 

I wanted them to give Felicity another look but I didn’t think they would. It’s weird to get happy surprises.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

She probably serves coffee and helps the college kids with their computers.

Oh the parallels! Love it. 

I wanted them to give Felicity another look but I didn’t think they would. It’s weird to get happy surprises.

Kind of like this past Olympics when the judges did their jobs and the medals went to the correct figure skaters.  We were all both happy and kind of disappointed.  What's the fun if they don't live down to our expectations? 

Fortunately Arrow will not follow in the skating judges' footsteps.

• Love 4

Oliver may be in jail the poor bastard but he comes home to THAT when he gets out! His life's not that bad!

I'm so pleased they are making good use of EBR's youthful looks! Would be so adorable if she is pretending to be William's sister. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Ooh, there's video.

Is that guy trying to flirt with her? Oh honey, no. (Although the idea of Felicity struggling to pose an an unattached single mom tickles me. Maybe they’ll let her story have a tiny bit of comic relief to contrast the prison grimness?)

Also, it looks like the sign they mocked up for the cafe (which is really called JJ Bean) says it’s in a town called Hope Springs:

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think I need one episode with Oliver and Felicity in these new looks. 

Between the goth look and the pink hair, Felicity could make all of Oliver's role playing fantasies come true.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

For real, though, point me in the direction of all those coffee shop/working through college/Felicity's punk phase AU's that are being written right now.

Now that I’ve seen this, this is all I want:

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

I'll take more flashbacks to her past that somehow relate to the present or Felicity on the run in disguise - good stuff either way.  

• Love 2

I like this look better then the nose ring punk rocker chic look

Di7EMW9UUAAG5PO?format=jpg

Im probably in the minority but I know Felicity is in witness protection but I feel the disguise is way OTT and also in terms of identity concealment doesn't real conceal much. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

I like this look better then the nose ring punk rocker chic look

Di7EMW9UUAAG5PO?format=jpg

Im probably in the minority but I know Felicity is in witness protection but I feel the disguise is way OTT and also in terms of identity concealment doesn't real conceal much. 

Yeah, I love the look and am excited for the possibilities but this does seem OTT for witness protection which usually seems to be about blending in and other than the pink ends not far removed from how Felicity always looks without her glasses. 

• Love 1