Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Eureka said:

No chemistry between them at all. The chemistry between Cruise and McGillis in the original was much hotter.

I’ve always kind of resented Jennifer Connelly for her Oscar win.  Both Dame Helen and Dame Maggie in “Gosford Park” were far superior to her that year. But she benefitted from them presumably splitting the vote.  

And I agree about her Top Gun Maverick character.  Completely extraneous and boring.  I much would have rather seen Kelly McGillis brought back.  But I guess they thought she was too old and out of shape?  Shame.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:
19 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Is it Memoriam time?  Are they going to ruin it again?

It wouldn't be the Oscars if they didn't fuck that up

have to say, not as badly as in years past. not sure about the alternating in focus/out of focus. but at least you could read the damn names. 

but plunking angela lansbury in the middle. and waiting until 11pm… but still, all in all, not awful.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Like 5
Just now, blackwing said:

And I agree about her Top Gun Maverick character.  Completely extraneous and boring.  I much would have rather seen Kelly McGillis brought back.  But I guess they thought she was too old and out of shape?  Shame.  

I never for a moment expected Maverick and Charlie to still be together, so I didn't mind her absence, but Penny was an absolutely pointless character that a bland performance to match certainly didn't help, so why couldn't he just be unattached?

• Like 3
Just now, Bastet said:

I never for a moment expected Maverick and Charlie to still be together, so I didn't mind her absence, but Penny was an absolutely pointless character that a bland performance to match certainly didn't help, so why couldn't he just be unattached?

Because Tom Cruise probably wants to pretend he's still some irresistible stud?

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

Charlie was always too good for him.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

The Daniels win directing, so now the guys behind Lil Jon's Turn Down For What music video and the film where Daniel Radcliffe played a farting corpse are now multiple Oscar winners!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Like 10
  • LOL 5

Well, since THE FABLEMANS has no chance of winning Best Picture, bringing out Harrison Ford to give the award is clearly for the big moment when he and Ke get to share a big hug.

Gonna be awkward if ALL QUIET takes it instead.

Just now, yowsah1 said:

Well, since THE FABLEMANS has no chance of winning Best Picture, bringing out Harrison Ford to give the award is clearly for the big moment when he and Ke get to share a big hug.

Gonna be awkward if ALL QUIET takes it instead.

Oh no oh no oh no...I'm having flashbacks to the last time Harrison was expected to give an award to a friend and....and then...oh no oh no...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Oh no oh no oh no...I'm having flashbacks to the last time Harrison was expected to give an award to a friend and....and then...oh no oh no...

Tell me about it.  I still vividly recall Harrison's face falling like a rock when he saw the name in the envelope.

• LOL 1

Brendan Fraser does it!  Now, both leads of The Mummy have Oscars!

Hopefully Colin Farrell gets another shot.  He was always one of my favorites and I'm glad the industry finally seems to realize how to use him properly.

• Like 19
  • LOL 1